South Beach Diet - What's on your menu?

View Full Version : What's on your menu?

tomandkara
12-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Thought it would be fun to share our menus, if anyone is interested. It kept me honest back in the summer.

Today:
Breakfast - 1/2 cup Eggbeaters, scrambled, with mushrooms and red, green, and yellow peppers sauteed in a little olive oil, 8 oz. tomato juice
Snack - almonds
Lunch - eggplant baked with diced tomatoes, fresh spinach that had been sauteed with garlic, ricotta mixed with an egg, basil, and sprinkled cheeses (mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, romano, and asiago) (made this for the family's dinner but I had to be out of the house this afternoon and evening so I had it for lunch)
Dinner - avocado wraps (smushed up avocado mixed with garlic and minced onion with sliced cherry tomatoes, wrapped in romaine leaves), red pepper strips, and a string cheese
Dessert - bean brownie and a mug of NSA hot chocolate with a dollop of fat free Cool Whip

I also got in 72 ounces of water throughout the day.

Kara

THINBYJUNE
12-10-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm in
Breakfast:
1/2 c. Kashi cereal
1 scrambled egg w/ red & gr. peppers, green onions, lofwaft cheese and salsa
1 cup vegetable juice
Lunch:
Grilled shrimp and spinach salad
Rosted Red Peppers
Balsamic Vinagrette
Dinner:
Chili
Side Salad
Cottage Cheese
Snacks: Almonds and String Cheese
This is the plan for today along with 80 oz. of water and some coffee.

Schmoodle
12-10-2007, 10:08 AM
I was just getting ready to post this in the other thread. I find it really helps me to plan all my dinners for the week, and then each morning to take a few minutes and plan out the day. Then I can go on autopilot.

B - Scrambled eggs and tomatoes, turkey bacon, V8
S - peanut butter celery and carrots
L - open faced turkey meatloaf sandwich, salad
S - clementine and a latte
D - Chicken Stir Fry
S - Ricotta creme

Why does thinking about food make me so happy?:D

tomandkara
12-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Why does thinking about food make me so happy?:D

Because you made it to 199!!!!

Kara

Pacergal29
12-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Here's mine, since I am having trouble in the opposite direction now maybe someone can make some suggestions! If you missed my daily I am still dropping the pounds despite trying to maintain.

Breakfast: Oatmeal cooked with cinn, add a packet of splenda, peanut butter and sugar free maple syrup.

Snack: Banana

Lunch: Much like Kara, left over Veggie Lasagna made with eggplant, spinach, brocc, turkey sasuage, cottage cheese, mozz and parm cheese.

Snack: Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt, and a Kashi Trail mix granola bar.

Dinner: Thinking maybe Pork Tenderloin and a huge helping of Veggies.

Snack: Probably SF hot drink of some sort.

Kim_Star060404
12-10-2007, 11:29 AM
B: 1 slice apple-cinnamon coffee cake, 4 oz. V8, 12 oz coffee w/ 2 splendas
S: String cheese and celery
L: 1 enchilada in red sauce, salad, beans
S: Frozen berry blend w/ vanilla yogurt
D: Scallop and ww pasta w/pesto, salad
D: Hot chocolate and baked apples

What a carb-heavy day! I'll have to adjust tomorrow!

cottagebythesea
12-10-2007, 11:45 AM
B. Kashi Pumpkin Spice Flax bar
S. 1/2 cup Ezekiel cereal w/1/2 cup skim milk and handful of dried nuts & berries
L. crustless spinach & lf swiss cheese quiche, handful of grape tomatoes
S. apple w/wedge of laughing cow
D. tomato and roasted red pepper soup, baby carrots
S. 2 fudgesicles w/2 T. ff cool whip and a drizzle of sf peanutbutter syrup

femmecreole
12-10-2007, 12:31 PM
B: My ever present turkey and spinich salad with a v- 8 chaser (btw, I found some whole grain "party bread"..the very little thin sliced kind from Europe...in the "gourmet" section of my store...only 70 cals for 2 slices..stores great in the fridge)
S: Apple and live active cheese
Dinner: at two: Sauteed lean pork chops(with onion, bellpepper and balsamic glaze/salad/vegetable combo
Not sure after that

Schmoodle
12-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Cat, I bought some of that bread at Thanksgiving and put it out to go with the salmon spread - yum! We had some left so for a week I had a tiny little sandwich for lunch every day, so cute.

LoveMySgt
12-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Thanks Kara, I was going to start this last night and got side tracked with my rice thread.

B - eggs, green pepper, green onion, broccoli
S - Turkey roll (just meat)
L - Leftover Chicken Divan (1/2 the chicken, add cauliflower!)
S - Cheese Stick, Cashews
D - Not sure yet, DH is sick of chicken but we are out of most other food, didn't buy enough last time.
S - Jello w/ Cool Whip Free

CyndiM
12-10-2007, 03:25 PM
B: Coffee! one egg with zucchini, mushrooms and lf cheese cooked in olive oil cooking spray

S: 4 apple crisps (very dried apple slices)

L: Leftover Thai Tofu, leftover creamy white bean pesto soup with spinach

S: 15 soy crisps

D: Burritos - vegetarian taco mix, black beans, spinach, salsa, lf cheese on a low carb whole wheat tortilla

CyndiM
12-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Well the burritos turned into a casserole (so much easier to create and eat than individual burritos) with a filling of spinach, black beans and taco mix layered between burritos and covered with lf cheddar and my favorite salsa. It was a hit and there is enough leftover for both of us to have it again for lunch tomorrow. I love leftovers :)

LoveMySgt
12-10-2007, 10:14 PM
mmm, leftovers :)

So the Kashi granola bars are ok? If they are, can someone tell me the ones that are/are not? Thanks

LoveMySgt
12-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Tuesday's Plan
B - scrambled eggs, green onion, spicy V8 if I can choke it down
S - cottage cheese
L - Taco Bake w/lots of lettuce
S - Cashews & chocolate milk
D - Turkey Breast in Rotisserie, Broccoli & Cauliflower w/ Cheese, PB Cup

cottagebythesea
12-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Love, actually, the Kashi bars aren't really SBD approved - too much sugar. But I adore the Pumpkin Spice one, and save it for an occasional treat. I really don't know of any granola bars that are compatable with SBD, except for the SBD cereal and snack bars that are made by Kraft. Even so, they're not exactly 100% compatable for followers of the SB diet, either. You have to use your own judgement, and see how they affect you.

cottagebythesea
12-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Tuesday's menu -

B. hot Ezekiel cereal with dried nuts and berries
S. probably nothing
L. crustless spinach & swiss quiche, grape tomatoes
S. apple w/ wedge laughing cow
D. pumpkin chili over shredded lettuce
S. NSA ice cream w/wild blueberries

tomandkara
12-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Here's what was on my plate today...it was a weird day because I was out of the house at lunchtime so I kind of had a snack while I was out and a snack when I got home and that made a lunchish type combination...

Breakfast - Mock Danish from the Phase 1 recipes section (I wouldn't do this again - it was odd), 16 ounces tomato juice
Snack - about a cup of snap peas and a cheese stick
Snack - about a cup of steamed soybeans with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper and a sugar-free Jell-O
Dinner - homemade broccoli, cauliflower, tomato soup from the Phase 1 Soups and Stews recipes
Dessert - NSA ice cream with a drizzle of peanut butter on top

Kara

THINBYJUNE
12-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Tuesday:
B-Scrambled eggs w/broccoli, mushrooms, peppers and l/f cheese & 1/2 c. Kashi Go Lean cereal, 1 c. V8
S-Almonds
L-Grilled chicken breast, steamed broccoli, side salad
S-Steamed broccoli
D-Either left over broccoli cheese soup or chili.
80 oz. water and coffee to drink.
:broc: Wow I eat alot of broccoli. I hadn't realized that before.

Schmoodle
12-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Le menu du jour:
B - Turkey meatloaf sandwich, open faced, coffee
S - V8 and a string cheese
L - Leftover chicken stir fry
S - apple with peanut butter and a latte
D - Maryland crab soup with salad
S - ricotta creme

Tres elegant, n'est-ce-pas?

tomandkara
12-11-2007, 09:21 AM
C'est bon, mon amie!

Kara

femmecreole
12-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Tuesday:
B: Same old turkey sandwich, but I love them...with lots of lettuce, tomato and some left over vegs from last night.
S: Same old apple and live active cheese
Dinner: Going to stuff some chicken with laughing cow+fresh herbs from the garden...not sure on vegs yet..whatever they have fresh at the vegetable stand on the way home!
After that, it's anyone's guess..after our dinner at 2 each day, it's every man for himself.

Pacergal29
12-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Love Sorry guess I should have mentioned that the Kashi bars aren't 100% legal. They are one of the things I have added since maintaining and I don't eat them often although there is another one on my desk today. They don't seem to bring on any cravings for me though.

I have a new favorite breakfast! French toast made with Healthy Lite bread made with flax seed. Topped with peanut butter, sugar free syrup and a banana added to the pan at the end to warm and brown a bit. Again the banana is something that I think is a bit iffy for people but something I don't have an issue with and this breakfast keeps me full well into the morning! Why do I have visions of Elvis everytime I eat this?

Snack yes the kashi bar again and yogurt
lunch egg salad (kara I swear we are on the same wave length sometimes) and cottage cheese.
Snack V8 and string cheese
Not sure on supper yet!

Kim_Star060404
12-11-2007, 11:20 AM
My menu for today; 12/11/07

B: Instant oatmeal with frozen strawberries, coffee
S: PS String cheese
L: Salmon w/ Light mayo on salad
S: Orange, yogurt
D: "Mama Weaver's Meatloaf", Mashed Cauliflower, Salad
D: Baked apple

tomandkara
12-12-2007, 08:23 AM
What crossed my lips today:

Breakfast - radish "homefries" (SO GOOD!!!) with onions, pepper and mushroom frittata with a sprinkle of cheddar on top

Snack - pumpkin seeds (I hope this was legal - saw them at the store and they looked like a good little snack, nothing but pumpkin seeds and a little salt in them)

Lunch - leftover eggplant casserole from the other night with a side salad of romaine, tomato, and cucumber with olive oil drizzled over top

Snack - about 6 ounces of tomato juice and a cheese stick

Snack - "peanut butter cup" and 16 ounces of milk

Lunch was late today and we were out for the evening so I didn't really have dinner, per se. Also got in 80 ounces of water.

Kara

CyndiM
12-12-2007, 09:20 AM
This will be a tough day. I have an evening dinner meeting at a steak restaurant. Talk about a vegetarian's nightmare, even worse when I'm thinking about my food choices :(

B: one egg with lots (1.25c) zucchini, mushrooms and lf cheese
Coffee (of course :)
L: Leftover white bean soup with escarole, half a boca italian sausage
S: apple crisps, soy nuts
D: salad with hummus (I'm bringing some because I doubt the restaurant will have it. this place is an iceberg lettuce salad bar)
S: greek yogurt with almonds & agave if I need more calories when I get home

Schmoodle
12-12-2007, 09:28 AM
B - peanut butter toast, egg, coffee
S - V8, string cheese
L - crab soup, salad
S - apple with peanut butter, latte
D - marinated chicken breast, roasted red pepper soup
S - ricotta creme

tomandkara
12-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Schmoo, what's in your roasted red pepper soup???

Kara

Schmoodle
12-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Kara, heres what I did for the soup:
In a saucepan comine 2 wedges Laughing Cow Lite Cheese (any flavor desired), 1/2 can evaporated skim milk, 1 bouillon cube (veg or chicken), 1/2 cup water, a dash of red pepper flakes, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (lowfat if desired), 4 cubes roasted red pepper puree. Heat until smooth and creamy.

Last fall I roasted a bunch of peppers, pureed and froze them in an ice cube tray. The 4 cubes is about the equivalent of 3 - 4 peppers. I'm sure the bottled peppers would work too, just puree them to desired consistency. This was so yummy we wanted to lick our bowls. It made enough for me and DH to have a couple of bowlsful each

I made this up a few weeks ago trying to re-create a restaurant dish I love. Actually, I didn't end up making it tonight, didn't end up having dinner at all, because I ran out of time before leaving for DD's performance. We went to Cold Stone Creamery after and I got the sugar free ice cream. It was nasty, so not worth it. I ate a couple of spoonfuls of DDs ice cream and boy do I feel sickish! Serves me right.

elturben
12-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Okay for me today:
B- 1 Light yogurt
S- Almonds
L- Turkey, lettuce, little bit of mayo, green peper, cheese and whole wheat wrap.
S- Sf fudscicle, ff cool whip, 1tsp. peanut butter
D- Grilled chicken salad
Lots and lots of water and of course my Diet Coke!
I guess it was an okay phase 2 day. I would have never made it this far if it wasn't for the peanut butter cup dessert. wow....

tomandkara
12-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Thursday's tum-tastic menu:

Breakfast - eggplant "french toast" and scrambled Eggbeaters with 8 ounces of tomato juice
Snack - pumpkin seeds
Lunch - leftover soup from the other day
Snack - bean brownie
Dinner - portobello "pizza" with broccoli and cauliflower
Dessert - sugar-free Jello with Cool Whip

Kara

femmecreole
12-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Today and tomorrow probably won't be great days food wise.. (having a dinner party here tomorrow night that was originally for Saturday and I'm scrambling to get everything done plus work two jobs!)

B: Ham and spinich sandwich on WG "party bread"
S: Apple and live active cheese
Dinner: whatever kind of salad my husband comes home with...poboys for everyone else. He's in charge of picking up something on the way home this afternoon. (and mowing the lawn..hey, is sauteed grass SB friendly?)
Tonight: who knows..a handfull of nuts, a peanut butter cup?...yogurt?...a little salad?...some kind of mystery vegetable in a little container I find in the fridge?

tomandkara
12-13-2007, 09:05 AM
I have a policy of not eating mystery food. Especially if it's fuzzy. Watch out, Cat!

Kara

cottagebythesea
12-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Schmoodle, your soup recipe sounds good, I'm going to try it out one day. In the meantime, have you ever tried the Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup from Trader Joe's? It's absolutely to-die-for!!!!! I always stock up on it when I find it, because they can't seem to keep it on the shelves, it's so popular.
I ended up working late last night, so I couldn't eat my planned dinner. The girls and I picked up a plain cheese thin-crust pizza. I had 2 pieces because I was starving, but I didn't eat the end crusts.
Here's my plan for today -

B. oatmeal with frozen berries
S. nothing
L. pumpkin chili, grape tomatoes
S. apple w/peanut butter
D. Morningstar Farms veggie patty, roasted green beans, sauteed mushrooms
S. SF mocchachino pudding cup w/ 2 T. ff Cool Whip

Schmoodle
12-13-2007, 09:38 AM
On the menu for today:
B - eggs, turkey bacon, V8, and cawfee
S - refried beans, salsa and cheese
L - crab soup, spinach salad
S - latte and a peanut butter apple
D - Beef Stew and salad
S - ricotta creme

These end of the week days get tough! Obviously, I didn't do enough shopping last week.
You are adventurous Kara, bean brownies, radish home fries, eggplant french toast! I just haven't gotten the nerve to try any of these things.

tomandkara
12-13-2007, 10:03 AM
I had to get creative or I'd be grumpy about being on Phase 1. I am on a mission to make the perfect bean brownie, so I've been eating through the batches of the "almost there"s. I've almost got it and I'll be sure to post my recipe when it's cemented!

Kara

Schmoodle
12-13-2007, 05:15 PM
LOL cottage, did you just scrape the top off and eat it? Sometimes I do that and my family thinks I'm crazy! Did you like the pumpkin chili?
Oh, I just re-read and saw the END crusts!
I haven't tried that soup, but I've heard it's good. I'll have to put it on the list for next time if it's SB-friendly and if they have it in stock. I do love tomato soup. I was trying to recreate a soup I used to love to get for lunch at work, that was kind of cheesy and creamy red pepper soup, not tomato based. Kind of like pimento cheese in a bowl. It was close, but I won't really ever be able to recreate it unless I use cream, I'm sure.

Kim_Star060404
12-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Here's my menu for the day:

B: Oatmeal w/ frozen strawberries, coffee
S: PS mozzarella stick
L: Oven roasted chicken w/ 1/2 T light may, 2 slices ww bread, salad
S: apple & light yogurt
D: Fiery flank steak w/ tomato jam, sauteed peppers, salad
D: Frozen mixed berries w/ light whipped topping

Schmoodle
12-14-2007, 10:18 AM
B - turkey bacon and spinach/cheese omelet
S - string cheese, V8
L - Refried beans, salsa and cheese over lettuce
S - clementine, latte
D - WW pita pizza, salad
S - Ricotta creme

tomandkara
12-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Please take note that this day included NO...I repeat, NO...cookies or cookie dough, despite the fact that I baked over six dozen cookies this evening.

Breakfast - leftover eggplant "french toast" with sugar-free maple syrup and scrambled Eggbeaters with salsa, 8 ounces tomato juice

Snack - plain yogurt mixed with sugar-free black cherry Jell-O powder

Lunch - egg salad over baby spinach with grape tomatoes (I don't love baby spinach anymore - used to, but I'm over it - realized that at lunch today)

Snack - bean brownie with a scoop of NSA ice cream and a dollop of fat free Cool Whip (this was my pre-temptation treat)

Dinner - roasted zucchini, yellow squash, and mushrooms with parmesan

Dessert - another bean brownie (Is it gassy in here, or is it just me???)

Just in case you missed it, there were no cookies in there. None. Because I am awesome!

Kara

GONNABE165
12-19-2007, 10:17 AM
I think that stomach bug is gone for good and I am finally able to eat normal

bfast - sautee spinach w/2eggs over medium
snack - 1 serving of wheat thins w/wedge of laughing cow
lunch - leftover porkchop & cabbage
snack - 2 turkey cheese & lettuce roll ups
dinner - south beach bbq chicken green beans & south beach mashed potatoes

suzka
12-20-2007, 01:09 AM
Today: 12/19

Breakfast - Oatmeal w/ 1% milk, SF syrup and a hardboiled egg.
Snack - cheese stick
Lunch - eggdrop soup with Quorn fake chicken pieces, mixed cabbage slaw
Snack - tbsp of peanut butter with a sprinkle of oats
Dinner - braised tofu with broccoli tossed w/ homemade pesto, toasted pine nuts
Dessert - SF popsicle

GONNABE165
12-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Today looks like this

B-green bean & cheese egg beater omelet
s-2 turkey lettuce & cheese wraps
L-chef salad
s-cottage cheese & grapes
d-turkey burgers (no bread) w/cheese
s-sf ice cream bar

Schmoodle
12-20-2007, 10:22 AM
This is a toughie today. My whole menu must be built around "things that must be eaten before they go bad."

B - oatmeal, milk, hardboiled egg
S - string cheese
L - spinach salad with turkey, cheese, egg, grape tomatoes
S - clementine, latte
D - not a clue

Okay, I admit, I haven't eaten a thing yet. Off to eat breakfast and ponder dinner...

TechieGrrl09
01-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Oooh, ooohh! I love this idea!

B: poached eggs on a bed of baby spinach with crisped Canadian bacon dressed with extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, ground mustard, and salt and pepper.
S: 1 ounce almonds
L: leftover taco bake
S: cheese stick and 1 cup of milk
D: shredded, smoked chicken breast with BBQ sauce (SB friendly) and cheese quesadilla.

Schmoodle
01-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Here's mine for today:

B - cheese stick wrapped in turkey, half a grapefruit, coffee with milk
Ate late so no snack
L - salad with turkey, hardboiled egg, lettuce, carrots, lowfat swiss cheese, goddess dressing
S - celery with LCLC, V8
S2 - caramel latte
D - refried bean soup
S - Greek yogurt with almonds and agave nectar

tomandkara
01-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Oh dear. We let this slip, didn't we?!

Breakfast - 1 cup of cooked oatmeal with 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries and a splash of DaVinci sugar-free hazelnut syrup, 1 cup of Simply Orange orange juice

Snack - 1 cup of skim milk mixed with a scoop of protein powder

Lunch - salad with a hard-boiled egg

Dinner - 1 cup of brown rice with roasted brussel sprouts and steamed broccoli and cauliflower

Dessert - 1/2 cup of Haagen Dazs fat free mango sorbet with a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips (I know, it has sugar, but it doesn't cause me any cravings, and it settles my sweet tooth.)

80 ounces of water, 1 mug of decaffinated green tea with a splash of DaVinci sugar-free vanilla syrup

Kara

femmecreole
01-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Breakfast: turkey and spinich on pita
snack: apple and live active cheese
dinner: grilled tilapia on a bed of sauteed spinich with crawfish/shrimp etouffee on top and smothered french green beans

after that...who knows??

cottagebythesea
01-28-2008, 09:26 AM
B. oatmeal w/ fresh blueberries
S. Greek yogurt w/ sf pumpkin syrup and pumpkin pie spice
L. curried chicken salad over greens
S. orange
D. curried chicken, roasted root veggies, spicy lentils & spinach
S. nsa fudgesicle

Schmoodle
01-28-2008, 09:30 AM
B - oatmeal bars, half a grapefruit, coffee
S - hard boiled egg, V8
L - refried bean soup
S - latte, celery with LCLC
D - meatball casserole, green beans
S - Greek yogurt

tomandkara
01-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Here's tomorrow's menu:
Breakfast - 1 cup Kashi Go Lean with 1/2 cup of skim milk with a banana
Snack - 3/4 cup of nonfat Stonyfield Farms yogurt with a splash of DaVinci sugar-free vanilla syrup and some sliced peaches (canned, in own juice), baby carrots
Lunch - 4 ounces Morningstar Farms "steak" strips with 1.5 cups sauteed peppers
Dinner - 1 cup of brown rice with a cup of black beans and a cup of tomatoes with green chilis
Dessert - Jell-O chocolate pudding cup

Little low on veggies but I won't have time to make an omelet in the morning and my snack will be packed to be eaten at Connor's martial arts or else I wouldn't be able to eat from noon until after 4:00. I need to pick up some more snackable veggies at the store tomorrow! I'm not worried as I had a huge salad for lunch today and a double serving of the brussel sprouts, cauliflower, and broccoli for dinner. It all evens out.

Kara

waquilter
01-28-2008, 11:28 AM
B. scrambled eggs w/ turkey saysage
S. Celery and Laughing Cow
L. Tomato Soup
S. Almonds
D. Grilled Chicken green salad

GONNABE165
01-28-2008, 11:32 AM
bfast - grilled chicken black bean & cheese egg white omlete & 2 cups hot cocoa
snack - 8oz 1% milk with protein powder.
lunch - crab meat salad
snack - celery with natural peanut butter
dinner - chicken apple walnut salad
snack - jello w/cool whip

Cajun Girl
01-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi, My name is Trish -- I thought I would join yall on this - if I can.
I think it will help me be accountable for what I eat.

here is the plan today(by the way I am on phase 1)
BF- coffee and 1 quiche cup( eggs, turkey bacon, onions, bellpepper, and mushrooms)
L- 1/2 pecan crusted chicken; broccolli
S- 1 quiche cup
D- parmesan/pesto crusted chicken, green beans, cucumber/tomatoe salad-(my grandmother always made this! cut cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onion- drizzle with little olive oil-- then add mayo- mix it together- add black pepper- put in refrig and let sit-- it makes a wonderful sauce from all the veggie juices!)

I will post tomorrow if I followed my plan or ate anything else! along with the next days plan--
Thanks-- I do well during the week - I just crave everything on teh weekends!:(

PHinsUP!
01-28-2008, 12:28 PM
My menu for today is....
B-scrambled egg w/a little 2% sharp cheddar, 2 slices of canadian bacon, 6 oz V8 juice & coffee w/splenda
S-roasted red pepper hummus w/celery sticks
L-chef salad
S-live/active cheese stick
D-chicken saute w/onions steamed broccoli & a cucumber salad
dessert will most likely be a fudgsicle or the SB "peanut butter cup"

SAnativegirl
01-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi-It's Mo here:

B-turkey lettuce wrap with a cheese stick and red pepper slice
L- salad made with turkey and provolne
S-celery sticks with hummus
D-Stuffed potabella mushrooms with LF chesse and fresh spinach with salad
dessert-SF FF pudding

Barb0522
01-28-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm on phase 2

B - oatmeal with cinnamon and Splenda, blueberries and banana and a glass of skim milk with Torani SF chocolate
S - green tea with mango flavored yogurt
L - ham, zucchini, asparagus pasta
S - raw zucchini
D - paella (chicken, ham, shrimp)

liamylime
01-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Breakfast
2 slices turkey bacon, 2 scrambled eggs with eggplant, onions, red peppers & a slice of 2% American cheese, 6 oz. low sodium V-8

Snack
2% cheese stick

Lunch
3 oz. chicken, 1 1/2 c. broccoli, 1/2 c. chickpeas, sugar-free Popsicle

Snack
15 almonds

Supper
4 oz. 95% lean ground beef burger w/slice of 2% American cheese, 1/3 c. brown rice, 2 c. cauliflower

Snack
2 tablespoons Trader Joe's almond/macadamia butter (yummmmmm!!!)

About 75 oz. of water

TechieGrrl09
01-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Hmm. Todays' menu.

B: sirloin steak and 1 egg fried
S: lf string cheese
L: shredded smoked chicken breast,
D: turkey pasta diablo & large salad
And I am planning on making a chocolate cheesecake smoothie for dessert. :) Today hasn't been the perfect food day but I did have a great day!

38withfreckles
01-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Ya'll eat such good foods, and I feel like I still eat crappy stuff...I wish I liked peppers, celery, and tomatoes! I sure hate cooking for myself while everyone is off at school or work. Little Debbie bakers should make healthy stuff in little, convenient packages.

breakfast: morning diet dr pepper and half a pita bread toasted

lunch: ww tortilla with taco meat, sc, salsa, black beans, and cheese
snack: sf jello and sf cool whip

dinner: 2 fried eggs...still hungry, so I had another half pita with roast beef and mayo.

dessert: sf jello and sf cool whip

I went to watch my child cheer tonight, and everyone was eating frito chili pies, hamburgers, fried pies...I was so hungry today. It was hard.

Please, God, let my scale change tomorrow for being so good..:cheer2:

femmecreole
01-29-2008, 07:21 AM
1-29:

B: 2 poached eggs on top of some spinich and turkey.
S1: apple, live active cheese
Dinner @2: Red Beans and (brown) Rice, salad
The evening is up for grabs.

tomandkara
01-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Ya'll eat such good foods, and I feel like I still eat crappy stuff...I wish I liked peppers, celery, and tomatoes! I sure hate cooking for myself while everyone is off at school or work. Little Debbie bakers should make healthy stuff in little, convenient packages.

breakfast: morning diet dr pepper and half a pita bread toasted

lunch: ww tortilla with taco meat, sc, salsa, black beans, and cheese
snack: sf jello and sf cool whip

dinner: 2 fried eggs...still hungry, so I had another half pita with roast beef and mayo.

dessert: sf jello and sf cool whip

I went to watch my child cheer tonight, and everyone was eating frito chili pies, hamburgers, fried pies...I was so hungry today. It was hard.

Please, God, let my scale change tomorrow for being so good..:cheer2:

You're hungry because you're not eating enough filling food. Where are the veggies?! Remember the minimum is 4.5 cups a day! Throw some spinach in that taco meat, add some mushrooms, have a side salad with it. You say you don't like peppers or tomatoes, but that's exactly what salsa is, and you ate that with your taco! Try out different recipes. Save leftovers from dinners so you can reheat them for lunch. Make some soups packed with veggies. Stuff some lettuce into those pitas. Be creative! I think of it as a challenge to see where I can add just one more veggie serving.

Kara

GONNABE165
01-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Today...

B-oatmeal with natural peanut butter & walnuts
S-milk w/protein powder
L-chicken & broccoli
S-cheesestick
D-tv dinner (it's bowling nite)

Schmoodle
01-29-2008, 09:44 AM
For me today:
B - turkey sausage, 2 eggs, coffee
S - 1 cup 3 bean salad, V8
L - meatball casserole, salad
S - latte, triscuits with LCLC
D - Shrimp and Almond Stir Fry
S - Greek yogurt with almonds and agave nectar

38, no wonder you were hungry. You can add some snacks in there. How about some protein with your breakfast? I don't have time to cook for myself either during the day, so for lunch I have leftovers or a sandwich or salad. Those are all quick and easy. Experiment with different veggies until you find some you like. You can do this! But I'm worried you won't be able to stay on the plan very long in the face of those temptations if you are hungry.

Jules3681
01-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I just started phase 1 yesterday and I hope I'm doing this right.....

Menu for Yesterday:
B - 1/2 c egg whites, turkey salami, ff shredded cheddar w/ 1/2 c broccoli & mushrooms, 1 tsp olive oil = 4oz protein
S - light string cheese
L - salad w/ shrimp, 1.5 c green and red peppers w/ light sweet basil dressing (60 cals for 2T with 2g sugar) = 4 oz protein
S - 1/2 c cottage cheese, 15 almonds/cashews
D - grilled chicken breast w/ 2 c broc, onion, mushrooms, 1 Tbsp olive oil, sprinkle of ff mozz cheese = 5 oz protein
S - sugar free jello

TODAY:
B - 1/2 c egg whites, turkey, roastbeef, lite swiss, 1/2 c broccoli & mushrooms, 1 tsp olive oil = 4oz protein
S - string cheese or celery w/ laughing cow cheese wedge
L - salad w/ grilled chicken strips, 1.5 cups red/green peppers, cucumber, 2 T greek dressing - 25 cals for 2 Tbsp, 3g sugar = 4oz protein
S - 1/2 c cottage cheese
D - not sure yet

Am I doing this right??? I feel like I may be eating too much protein? Too many veggies??

tomandkara
01-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Jules, you can't have too many veggies. Indulge! You don't have to count protein, either, unless it's something you're particularly concerned about. I have found that I am less hungry when I eat more protein and it seems my muscles appreciate it as they heal faster from exercising.

Welcome to the Beach! You should post in the daily chat, too!!!

Kara

Jules3681
01-29-2008, 10:12 AM
So, I'm doing this right? I just feel like if I eat too much of something, how am I going to lose weight? I have been doing a very strict low carb diet for the last 6-7 mos so I am paranoid about eating too much b/c everything was so specific before - I could only have a certain amount of protein and veggies on that diet. Reason I started SBD was so that I didn't have to worry so much about being strict and I could live my life and enjoy eating too rather than having to be so concerned all the time with what I'm going to eat and how much...It's stuck in my head that i have to weight and measure everything....

tomandkara
01-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Well, really all it comes down to is burning more calories than you consume. The benefit of South Beach is that the initial two week Phase 1 kills the physiological cravings that can be triggered by simple sugars that we eat. Without having to fight that monster, it's often easier to make good food choices. The remainder of the "diet" then focuses on getting your calories from loads of vegetables (provide many different vitamins, minerals, and fiber), some fruit (also a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and fiber if eaten whole), good whole grains, protein (we don't count grams but some of us shoot for a certain amount per day - I find if I am getting at least 65g of protein a day my body works better.), and healthy fats like olive oil. Dairy is encouraged as well - skim or low fat milk, yogurt, etc. Beachers tend to stay away from sugar in all its processed forms (corn syrup, the evil high fructose corn syrup, cane juice, etc.) because it can trigger those cravings to come back.

Have you read the book? It's really an excellent way to understand the reasoning behind the diet and will help you sort out which food choices are good ones for your body.

You're right - we should enjoy food! And you will on South Beach. Check out the recipe forum for some great ideas for all phases!

Hope that helps!

Kara

Schmoodle
01-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Jules, believe it, you will lose weight, you'll see. I understand because I had a hard time believing it myself, but I can guarantee you that I have lost 50+ lbs. without weighing or measuring anything, and without ever having to feel hungry. You can eat all the veggies and lean protein you want. Of course, you do have to stick to the limited amount of servings of fats, and nuts, and once you start Ph2 you will need to find the right amount of servings of starches and fruits for you to continue to lose. This should not be over 3 servings of each/ day.
Be sure to read through the FAQs and post any questions you have. This is a great plan and a great, helpful bunch of chicks.

SAnativegirl
01-29-2008, 11:05 AM
B-2 sm lettuce wraps, 1 w/ lean ham, sm pc of provolone, 1 w/ turkey
very good, I was getting tired of eggbeater quiche cups.
L- Walk the mall 30 minutes, like yesterday, come back to office to eat salad with lean ham, parm cheese.
S-celery sticks with 3 pepper spicy hummus
D-walk with husband 40 minutes, fish and lots of fresh green beans.
Dessert-either FF SF pudding or this great ice cream we found-Breyers Chocolate Swirl, fat free, no sugar added, still has 4 sugar grams, actually only 3 since we do 1/3 c instead of 1/2 with a sprinkle of chop almonds.

Easiest plan I've ever followed. Last night, we made new recipe, stuffed mushrooms, potobello with spinach, garlic, fresh herbs, LF chesses and a
sm salad. ummmm Eat what you like, dont eat anything you dont like!

Cajun Girl
01-29-2008, 11:27 AM
ok so yesterday, I changed up dinner-
Here what I had
BF- coffee (forgot breakfast at home)
S- lf string cheese
L- 1/2 pecan crusted chicken, broccoli
S- string cheese and pepporoni w/ cream cheese
D- lf cheese burger on top of portabello mushroom, lentil beans and cucumber salad

todays menu

BF- coffee - 1 egg, turkey bacon, mushroom quiche
L- hamburger patti, lentil beans and cucumber salad
S- 1 quiche
D- parmesan crusted chicken breast, broccoli, and lentils

cottagebythesea
01-29-2008, 12:19 PM
B. oatmeal w/ blueberries
S. Greek yogurt w/ more blueberries
L. curried chicken breast, roasted root veggies, lentil & spinach medley
S. raw veggies if needed
D. Souffle stuffed chicken breast w/ mushrooms, steamed broccoli & cauliflower, lentil & spinach medley
S. peanutbutter cup dessert

Shesaninja
01-29-2008, 01:01 PM
I've said it once and I'll probably say it 23172 more times: This is the first diet that I've ever been on that I don't actually feel like I'm on a diet!

South beach always seemed like it would be great but I was afraid of the first phase being too restrictive. Now that I'm almost halfway through the first phase I know that was a huge misconception. I'm SOO glad I tried this and I'm actually seeing the scale move which is soo motivating!

1/28:
B: Cottage cheese with cucumbers
L: leftover roast beef w/cheese and steamed soybeans
S: String Cheese and 15 almonds
D: Chicken stuffed with cheese and parmesean/seasonings sprinkled on top (yum)
2 glasses of wine.. oops! (I had a REALLY rough day):nono:
Desert: NSA Fudge bar

murphmitch
01-30-2008, 12:10 AM
Schmoodle, your soup recipe sounds good, I'm going to try it out one day. In the meantime, have you ever tried the Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup from Trader Joe's? It's absolutely to-die-for!!!!! I always stock up on it when I find it, because they can't seem to keep it on the shelves, it's so popular.

Cottagebythesea- I bought some of this but noticed it has Organic Cane Sweetener and 10Gms sugar listed. Is this OK to eat?

tomandkara
01-30-2008, 12:36 AM
Today's menu:
Breakfast - 1 cup Kashi Go Lean with a sprinkle of Equal and 9 small strawberries (frozen, defrosted), red pear
Snack - salad (romaine, cucumber, red pepper, red onion, cherry tomatoes) with raspberry vinegrette dressing and two scoops of egg salad (1 hard boiled egg mixed with about a teaspoon of mayo and mustard) on romaine leaves, one dill pickle spear
Lunch - 1 cup of brown rice with roasted red peppers on top
Dinner - 1/2 cup of black beans with sauteed mushrooms and 1/2 cup of brown rice
Dessert - 1/2 cup mango sorbet with 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate chips

96 ounces of water

Kara

GONNABE165
01-30-2008, 09:58 AM
My menu today

B-oatmeal with natural peanut butter & walnuts
S-2 lettuce meat & cheese wraps
L-shrimp salad
S-2 meat & cheese wraps
D-Not to sure just yet as we arw going to the comedy show

Schmoodle
01-30-2008, 10:04 AM
murph, I bought some of that soup last week and noticed the same thing. :(

Today's menu:
B - chocolate cheesecake smoothie, coffee
S - hardboiled egg, V8
L - leftover shrimp stir fry
S - latte, applesauce
D - Fireside White Bean and Sausage Soup, salad, triscuits
S - 1/2 cup NSA butter pecan ice cream

I'd have to say a very yummy day, overall.

Jules3681
01-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Today's Menu....

B- 1/2 c southwestern eggbeater with 1/2 c diced red/green/yellow peppers, a slice of roast beef and a slice of turkey with some ff shredded cheddar
S- string cheese or babybel laughing cow cheese
L- salad with grilled chicken strip leftovers, turkey, roast beef; 1.5 c red/green peppers, 2T greek dressing
S- cottage cheese
D- chicken or tilapia?

SAnativegirl
01-30-2008, 11:26 AM
B-sm amt of cubed cantaloupe and watermelon
L-salad with sm amt smoked turkey
S-celery with hummus
D-shrimp stir fry
S-1/3 c. NSA choc swirl ice cream w/ sprinkle of almonds

TechieGrrl09
01-31-2008, 10:46 PM
Is there a daily menu thread started everyday or do we just update this thread? I didn't know. :P

Anywho...
B: 1/2 ricotta pancake, V8
S: lf cheese stick, 1 ounce almonds
L: leftover broccoli & cheese soup
S: sf popsicle
D: turkey and white bean chili, Mexican chunk salad

Schmoodle
02-01-2008, 09:30 AM
We can just keep this one going as long as we want to. Not everybody likes to post their daily menus, but I do. I was thinking we could make this a weekly thread, just start a new one each Monday, so it doesn't get too long.

Here's today:
B - Fiber One with milk and banana, coffee
S - 3 bean salad, V8
L - leftover Shrimp Stir Fry
S - latte, celery and LCLC
D - WW Pita meatball pizza, salad
S = 1/2 cup NSA ice cream

Here's yesterday:
B - chocolate cheesecake smoothie with a toddy shot, Nessa Bar (car food)
S - string cheese
L - taco soup, 7 triscuits with LCLC
S - already eaten for lunch
D - Fireside bean and sausage soup, 1 cup 3 bean salad, glass milk,
S - small handful peanuts, 1/2 cup NSA ice cream

GONNABE165
02-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Today for me...

B- fiber one cereal with 1%milk
S- 1%milk with protein powder
L- chiken salad
S- hard boil egg & cheese stick
D- either bean chili or chicken walnut salad
S- sf jello with cool whip

Schmoodle I like the weekly meanu idea

TechieGrrl09
02-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Posting a new one each week sounds like a great idea. A weekly one would keep it from getting too long. I like to post for a couple of reasons, first for accountability and second to get ideas. I have found that I do not know what to eat a lot of the times and hoping online and looking at this thread solves my problem. I have cooked more new recipes since January then I have in the past six months. :)

Schmoodle
02-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Plus it's just fun to be nosy and look at what everybody's eating!:smug:

Neko
02-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Schmoodle, what's a toddy shot?

B - Egg white omelette with peppers and FF cheddar coffee with half & half
S - Celery & Hummus
L - Taco Bake
S - 100 calorie almond pack
D - pork loin, green beans, broccoli
S - Breakfast cheesecake

mrce
02-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Phase 1:

B: Revolution Roll, sliced ham, shredded cabbage
s: cashews
L: Chili (90/10 beef, crushed tomatoes, red beans), 50% chedar cheese
s: 0% plain yogurt
D: Grilled turkey breast with raw spinach, lettuce, tomato
s: skim milk

DFW Mom
02-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Wow, this is gonna be great for me... I really haven't been planning well other than to make sure my fridge is stocked with the right stuff...

So far today:
B: Egg Beaters with grated cheddar and 2 slices turkey bacon
S: two l/f cheddar/mozarella swirl cheese sticks
L: salad (romaine, red/gr/yellow bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, red onion) with baked chicken and l/f balsalmic vin dressing
S: almonds
Dinner: turkey chili recipe

Schmoodle, you have some interesting things on your menu. Would you please give me the recipe for the chocolate cheesecake smoothie with a toddy shot, taco soup, and the Fireside bean and sausage soup?

Schmoodle
02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
The chocolate cheesecake smoothie is in the Phase I Breakfast Recipes section. I just tried it this week on somebody's recommendation in the South Beach Faves thread. It's really good!
The Fireside White Bean and Sausage Soup recipe has a sticky in the Phase I Soups and Stews section. Another one I just tried and it's great!
For the taco soup, I used Weezle's Refried Bean Soup recipe (also from the Phase I Soups and Stews section) and threw in some leftover Taco Meat I had.
You should be able to do a search and find these, but if not, let me know.

The Toddy shot is a shot of cold brew coffee concentrate. I just bought myself a Toddy maker for my 50 lb. loss reward, for my lattes, and I've been putting it in everything. I had to commute yesterday, so I threw it into my smoothie so I wouldn't have to take two cups in the car - mocha, yum!