LA Weight Loss - Dec 10 to Dec 16 Friends and Losers Thread

bayoubelle68
12-10-2007, 06:52 AM
Good morning, everybody! I've been up since 4:00 a.m. cleaning for a dinner party we're hosting tonight, so right about now, I'd really rather climb back into bed than to go hit the shower! But, alas, school beckons and 25 kids are just chomping at the bit to come to school and drive me nuts until Christmas break! We're all ready for a vacation!!

Have a fabulous day!!

dolphn545
12-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Good Morning! :wave:

Just a quick check in for now. Kids have no school today (for anticipated weather that's not even here). I will be going to WI shortly. COD changed its hours. They used to open at 8:00, now they don't open until 9:00. I'm up, showered, wide awake and ready to go.

I hope everyone has a great POP day!

MomOfThreeTeens
12-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Good Monday morning everybody. I had an absolutely horrible weekend foodwise! My mom had total knee replacement on Friday so I spent the whole weekend at the hospital bored and eating with my siblings every chance I got. Needless to say I made some really bad choices and I can feel it this morning! She had some changes in her EKG last night so they are doing a heart cath on her at 2 to see whats going on. Would appreciate some prayers! She's never had heart problems before and we're all a little scared at this point! I WILL survive this day without eating myself to death!

Have a great day everybody!!

chiquita623
12-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. Had my office Christmas party on Saturday night. Went to a steakhouse but I had the orange roughy, salad and green beans. It was wonderful. Not too bad of a choice. Of course there were appetizers and dessert. Had 1 snail and some calamari and shared a piece of chocolate eruption cake. It was the best thing I've ever eaten. Of course I can't remember when I had chocolate cake last so that may have something to do with my enthusiasm for it right now. Am up on the scale 3# today so am hoping it has something to do with the sodium and water weight. Will do HLW tonight when I get home to see if that does anything for me. And of course, I'm going to try to stay POP until Christmas. That's my goal. I'll keep you posted to see how that goes. Anyway, just wanted to hop on here real quick before I got busy. I'll check back later.

JLem311
12-10-2007, 10:04 AM
just checking in for the day. i had yesterday off and i have today and tomorrow off too. lots of packing to be done, so i'm hoping i don't procrastinate and not do it. :)
i'm also down another pound today. so that's good. almost out of the 200's. this is the lowest i've weighed in about 7yrs.
i made some great veggie lentil soup last night and have about 8 containers in the freezer now. hopefully i can eat them all by the time i move! ha.
it's a great way to get all my veggies in and a protein and starch (from the lentils)..this is the 3rd time i've made it..so it must be good!

ok, gonna go and make a soy latte and get started on my day.

Julzanne72
12-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Happy Monday to you all!! I just finished up my first week of LAWL and am happy to report 2 things.....1) at my first weigh in on Saturday I was down 5 lbs-I was POP all week and 2) Weekends are my downfall but I planned and was able to stay POP all weekend-even in the midst of an all day Christmas Cookie bake!! While everyone else's lunch consisted of pizza I ate all of the foods I packed! I felt great-what a sense of accomplishement!! Just need to keep up the pace and remember that this is a life changing expierience for me, not just a diet. For the first time in a long time I feel like I may be able to succeed at this plan, that it is actually do-able for me:)

amylou7777
12-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend. I am headed to work-but wanted to get on here bc now that finals are over (yay, I'm still alive!) I will be on here much more and finally plan on getting out of the 240s! I am SO close. I need to get to an official w/i but I think I've lost a couple lbs which is amazing since I ususally gain 8lbs during finals month.

Can't wait to catch up with you all! GL staying on top of your food during this busy holiday season!

Dan2112
12-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Way to go Julz!! Keep up the good work!

Kim - Thoughts and prayers coming your way...

Happy Monday all! I begin the week with a really sore knee.. I hurt it last week playing raquetball so I laid off the exercise for the most part and it started to feel better.. I played again last night and woke up this morning with it REALLY killing me.. So I'm going to have it checked out today...

I now, unfortunately, have to admit I've become addicted to Peppermint Mochas.. I can't get enough of them... Luckily they come in a non-fat variety, but there's still plenty of calories... Darn you Starbucks!! (no offense, Jillian) :lol:

MomOfThreeTeens
12-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Dan, are you normally a coffee drinker? If so you can get coffee creamer this time of year thats Peppermint Mocha and its only got 45 calories in a serving. My son doesnt even like coffee but he'll drink the heck out of it with that creamer in it. Just a suggestion :-)

JLem311
12-10-2007, 11:33 AM
haha. none taken dan. i love peppermint mochas too. i usually just do a tall with only 1 pump of mocha and 1 pump of peppermint. it's enough to satisfy me. and of course i get mine with soy milk and no whip (lactose intolerant/vegetarian.) :)
oh and if you didn't know you can get a peppermint mocha year-round. we always have mocha and we always have peppermint syrup. we just heavily advertise them since it's a "holiday" drink.

smjezzy
12-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Kim - you got it, I hope she'll come thru the tests with flying colors.

Morning all - bad weekend and the scale shows it. Not sure how I became a weekend grazer but it's happened. Gotta nip it. I did get a good start on the week by cooking several dishes sunday so I should be set for good choices thru the week. Not sure what's going on with life but things seem to be falling down around me. The siding on the front of my house is damaged, my son's shower tiles just start falling out, my car stalled in the middle of a busy intersection then started back up, my son's car wouldn't start this morning! One thing after another! 2007 going out with a bang.

JerseyMadchen
12-10-2007, 11:39 AM
I will attest tot eh Peppermint Mocha stir in creamer, it's AMAZING. Definitely spruces up a cup of French Roast!

Good morning everyone! I have 2 finals next week which I am worrying about, and two this week. AHH!!! I am not worried though.

This weekend was a great one! I was pretty good OP too, went to Applebee's Friday night and got French Onion Soup and a Chicken Caesar salad. I stole some of the BF's nachos, but not that many. Yesterday went to Ruby TUesday and got a burger, conmbined salad bar and less than 10 fries, ate half of the burger, and walked away feeling great.

The BF and I are talking about getting engaged. I have made the decision to move down to VA. We're looking at Charlottesville, where I will transfer to University of VA. I am so excited!

Anyways, I got to WI tomorrow, I am hoping for at least 2 lbs, I have been SO POP this week!

GL to everyone, have a GREAT day!

EmilyLashea
12-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone! :wave:

I haven't been on for a few days.. have had a lot going on.. trying to finish up with finals :rolleyes:

I have been working part time since I started my job (bank teller) a couple of years ago because of school, but a position recently came open for full time, so I started (officially) this morning. During finals. Great timing, huh? But, finals will be over as of tomorrow and things should finally calm down! :woohoo:

Haven't been exactly POP this past week.. the girl whose spot I took left 3 days early last week and I've worked a couple of days without a break and eating whatever someone brought me. I'm fine when I have a regular schedule and can plan but as soon as something unexpected comes up it's like I lose my mind completely as far as food goes. So.. back on track today!

cecil
12-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Hi All! Just wanted to say that I work at a Cofee Hut and I drink a Latte everyday. White Snickers Sugar Free Skim milk and lots of espresso! Ha ha! Anyway it's only one dairy! I get a 16 oz with 3 shots which makes it so it's only 8 oz of Skim milk. I love it!
Hope everyone had a good weekend! I did! Still sober 37 days ha ha! I think the sober thing may be ending quite soon! By BF has a Xmas party Friday with free drinks I can't pass up free! Ha ha! Anyway I will will write tomorrow after I WI. Ugh! Not looking forward to it. But then again I never am.

michie
12-10-2007, 12:29 PM
My weekend went well! Got to go to the gym, saw a movie ("August Rush"... it was okay!) and went to the mountains to play in the SNOW! Good times! I also tried Luna Bars this weekend. Not sure how I feel about those just yet. Definitely cheaper than LA Lites though.

Went to WI this morning and I lost a pound. Very happy about that! Hopefully the week can be as kind as the weekend has been! Have an amazing week everyone... keep losing!

cecil
12-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Michie what kind of Lunas did you try? I like the Peanut butter Cookie! Yum!

michie
12-10-2007, 12:38 PM
They were on sale for $1 each, so i bought 5 and ate them over the weekend instead of Lites. I had a PB Cookie (Which i did like actually), S'Mores (my bf ate this one, i had a bite, it was ok), Caramel Chocolate Brownie (it was gooood! it felt like cheating!), some Pecan Pie something or another (i didn't like it), and a breakfast one this morning which i enjoyed very much! I think I will get more only because they are so cheap at the moment.

JLem311
12-10-2007, 12:53 PM
i have been using the luna bars this time around on LAWL and i love them more than the lites. they are so much more healthy and have more good things in them. i buy them on amazon.com because if you spend more than $25 you get free shipping. they have all the flavors too. my newest fave is the berry almond. but i like most of them.

dolphn545
12-10-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm back from WI, and the scale moved down! WOOHOO! :dance: :dancer:

I see a couple of others had WI today, and showed a loss. CONGRATS!!

Fortunately, I am not a true coffee drinker, so I don't worry about any flavors -- peppermint mochas --. My one downfall is cappuccino, which I know is soo bad for me, so I try my best to stay away from Dunkin Donuts!! I tried a cappuccino at Starbucks and didn't like it.

Kim - My prayers are with you and your mom at this time. I hope everything works out ok and they find the cause of her irregular EKG!! :hug:

Amy (Jersey) -- :goodluck: on your finals!! And congrats on your upcoming engagement!!

Emily - :goodluck: on your finals!

Has anybody tried (or even have at their COD) the LA meal replacement bars? They count as PSFV, and it's like eating a candy bar for dinner!! I bought the peanut butter w/chocolate, and also a cookies and cream box. Same price as the slim down shakes, and you only get four in a box, but I figured they would be good for my 12 hour days so I'm not cooking/eating at 8:00 p.m.

:wave: to everybody!!!
I hope everyone is having a great POP day!

bradleys mom
12-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi everyone! Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone a great week! I am doing TO today and tomorrow, hoping to hit my New Years goal early! I just got the little rascal down for a nap so I am going to go study for my finals! I have an Anatomy exam tonight, then an Anatomy Lab Practical on Wednesday... Yuck!

aguerin
12-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Hello all. Only 14 days of shopping until Christmas. I can't get motivated for nothing.

I WAS not POP this weekend. I have just got to maintain through the Holiday Season and I will be content. I had the first of several Christmas Dinners/Parties on Saturday/Sunday and I have one this coming up weekend that I don't plan on suffering through. Could Cost me on the scale though, but I don't care. I haven't been able to get below 140 anyway.

Anybody getting anything spectacular this Christmas? Since I don't really wait to get what I want through the year, I don't have much to look forward to other than spending time with the family.

Congrats to all those that lost and were POP this weekend.

BarbaraB
12-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Michie, the brownie luna bar is my favorite too. I'm also quite fond of the nutz over chocolate. I think I'm just fond of chocolate though.

I have decided to just go back up to maintenance level calories over the holiday season and work out like a fiend and worry about cutting calories again in the new year. So far I feel fantastic and strong, well and bit sore. I did a fitness DVD that I bought awhile back for the first time yesterday. The Firm Bootcamp maxium calorie burn. Challenging, but a bit too much jumping around for my 46 year old body. I think the zig zagging of calories that I did for a few weeks will make my body better prepared to deal with the maintenance level again. It seems like so much food to me now.

ferrarimomof2
12-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum. I started on Pure last Monday 12-3. I went to weigh in again today and I am down 6.2lbs. I have been POP since I started and I am doing good. I actually think that I may be eating to much. I never eat this much. I feel like I am as big as the house. I guess that comes from being so full. I will check back in later. I have to go make a menu for the week and grocery list before getting my son.

Dionne

JerseyMadchen
12-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Welcome Dionne!

Kimberly- good luck on those finals, they definitely trump my child psychology and history exam! Although, child psych is a lot of memorizing scientist's names, dates, theories, etc. and history is nothing but memorization too! I guess we're both up a creek!

Hope everyone else is having a great day!

bradleys mom
12-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Amy - I just finished Child Psych yesterday, I did it as an online class. I still have to do young adult to mature adult psych next semester. Boo! But yeah, I feel like crap after trying to study all day with a grouchy 2 year old who is cutting teeth!

I am about to die with TO today! I am SOOO hungry! I have not flubbed yet... But I was watching QVC and HSN and they are selling all these cookie makers and showing all those sweet treats, and its reallly got my sweet tooth going crazy!!! I can make it! I just gotta keep my mouth full of broccoli and chicken... And grin and bear it! lol

Dan2112
12-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Hey gang...

Well, it looks as though I have a sprained knee.. So I'm home now, doing an ice/heat treatment.. fun fun fun...

Luckily for me, coffee and peppermint mochas are mostly a cold weather addiction.. Once it gets hot here, I don't drink that much coffee...

Dionne.. Welcome!!! Get used to eating more than you think you should.. It's the hardest part of the diet when you get started... It's very hard, sometimes, to wrap you mind around the fact that you have to eat more to lose weight.. But as long as you're eating only the right stuff, you'll be fine.. You'll also catch yourself skimping on your portions sometimes.. DON'T!!!! It will cause your body to go into starvation mode and your weight loss will slow way down.. You're going to have up and down weeks.. You can't expect big time losses all the time... Way to go, and WELCOME!!!

BarbaraB
12-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Dan, Sorry about the knee. I have indulged in the occasional peppermint mocha myself. They have a sugar free gingerbread latte too, which is also good, sugar free non fat can't be all that bad. Hope the sprain is not too serious.

Welcome Dionne, you are doing great! Keep it up and everyone will be noticing a thinner you sometime very soon.

Amy and Kimberly, good luck on your finals! Before you know it the term will be over and you will be able to enjoy the break. My DD has finals today too. I don't know how she will do, as I talked to her on Saturday and asked what she was studying that day, and she said moooooom its Saturday. Hmmm... Silly me, I studied on the weekend before finals week when I was in college. Although it might just be engineering is a trifle more taxing on the memorizing equations and such than business...

Ternoway
12-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend, I know I did. I had two Christmas functions and ate sooooooooo badly, it was soooooooo tasty! I went for Thai food with my old high school friends for our annual holiday dinner and then had a family gathering on Sunday with way too many tasty finger foods. I really meant to make good choices but temptation got the better of me. Oh well, I enjoyed every bite and am back on plan today. I weighed in today and it truly was a Christmas miracle because I managed to maintain and not gain!!!! I will do my best to be POP this week because I still have 3 more holiday functions to get through in the next couple of weeks and don't want to push my luck too much! Have a good week everyone!

JerseyMadchen
12-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Kimberly, I don't know about you, but I HATE PSYCHOLOGY! I just absolutely hate it. I made it through Basic Psych and now onto Child. Ugh.

THe funniest thing is there's like 30-45 credits, basically 10-15 classes pertaining to my major, and the other three years are BS! Just to take money from us poor students! It's every major too! Oh well...

Well, I just did the nails red for Christmas, should not be typing! Off to drink more H20 and watch some boob-tube!

Night guys!

Tuesday Cool
12-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Happy Monday to all you Losers! I had a Hanukkah dinner at my house last night. Latkas, matzo balls, beef brisket, and mulled wine! I had only two each pancakes and matzo balls, lovely. OK on dinner but I drank too much wine! The scale was up at WI but I will have it back to its rightful place by Friday! Water and tea is in order today. POP is the word, is the word, is the word....
Great work everybody! This time of year is an extra challenge. The holidays are about family and friends, closeness and love. For most people food equals love. This is a particular issue for people with weight issues. You love the moment and beat yourself up with guilt later.
Give yourself the gift of recognizing the balance of your bodily needs and the excess your body desires.

Dan2112
12-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Happy Hanukkah, Tuesday! Barook ata adonai (and all that stuff!) Sorry about the phonetic spelling, but I haven't retained the spellings I learned after working at a Jewish summer camp back in 91 and 92.. But I still have my yami and my prayer book! Not bad for a Catholic, eh?

I know what you mean about it being tough this time of year.. Our annual Christmas party is this coming weekend.. We're serving brisket and smoked salmon, chocolate fondue, chips and salsa, mini cheesburger puffs, my low-fat "pate a choux" (ok.. "lower fat")... etc.. We'll of course have veggies and fruit, but still.. Who the **** wants that when you've got chocolate fondue?

That said, we made it through last year without a problem, so I'm hoping we can resist our own good cooking this year too..

Sigh...

bayoubelle68
12-11-2007, 07:29 AM
We hosted a dinner party last night for our photographers and their spouses. DH had it catered from a local BBQ restaurant and it was SO good. There was sausage, ham, smoked turkey (my saving grace!), green beans, dirty rice, rolls, and peach cobbler. It was the easiest and least expensive way to feed 10 people on a week night. The owner is a good friend of ours and he not only cut us a really good deal, he also made sure that he packed the tray with turkey since he knew that would be great on our diet. There's a ton of it left, too, so we can have it for several days. I had a little of everything, but really didn't overindulge. A year ago, I would have been neck-deep in that dirty rice! (For those not from the South, dirty rice isn't dirty. It's rice with onions, ground meat, and yummy spices. There are more things in it, but I don't want to overwhelm you! It just looks dirty. It's actually delicious.)

The babysitters survived our kids, too, so the night was a success. We asked the teenaged daughters of two of our photographers to keep the kids at their house. They took them to McDonald's first and wore them out and then went to their house where I picked them up after the party. It was a late night for them, but they had fun. Now I have to find a sitter for Friday night when we'll be taking pictures at a local hospital's Christmas ball. This is a very busy season for photographers!!

EmilyLashea
12-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Good Morning all! :wave:

Hope everyone is having a good week so far. I'm in a bit of a slump as far as the POPness goes. :(

Tell me.. What kind of fruits do you all eat this time of year when there are no fresh strawberries, grapes, etc? What about frozen?

Good Luck Girls on your finals!!! I have my Accounting 2 final tonight and then I'm finished :cheer:

sscott
12-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Hey all! You guys are all working so hard! Keep it up! And to you students, it is soon over, you can make it! My DH is a student and took his last final yesterday. Yeah! I actually get to spend some time with him!

I have not been to the COD for over a week. I am not sure why. I just don't really enjoy going because they can be so critical and I know I haven't been perfect, but I haven't been awful either. They scale seems to be stuck right now. My biggest problem lately is stealing a Christmas cookie and not getting in all of my foods. I need to really focus for the rest of this week and hopefully I can budge that scale. All the talk yesterday about the peppermint mocha made me go to the store and pick some up. I was so excited to try it at work today, but it still sits in my fridge at home. Bummer! Well, I better run. Have a great day!

MomOfThreeTeens
12-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Good morning!!! Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for my mom yesterday! She had her heart cath yesterday afternoon. They did find a blockage but said it happened so slowly over time that the artery sort of made its own path, it grew some new little veins. They said all they saw was things you typically see in a diabetic patient. So great news all the way around. No medical intervention for now, just medication! AND so far shes stopped smoking!!! Shes going to rehab for 3 weeks and she cant smoke there either so we're hoping by the time she comes home she wont want it anymore! Thats the best Christmas present I can think of!

Foodwise yesterday was MUCH better. I just need to get back to my routine. I feel so much better when I eat right! I know how do to this dangit! I've been at it for over a year! LOL

Good luck to all of you taking finals. My kids are about frazzled and ready for it to be over!!!

Everybody have a great day!!

emmysmom
12-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Kim - Great news about your mom! Hopefully the no-smoking sticks. What a great blessing that would be!

Emily - As far as fruit, I like bananas, raisins, applesauce, and one really yummy treat is to slice up an apple, add a little water, cinnamon, and some splenda, heat it up in the microwave for about a minute. It's warm and yummy!

JLem311
12-11-2007, 10:39 AM
emily--i love to do what tina suggested but i cut up the apple and put it in a pan with some nonstick spray and add cinnamon and splenda and if i need to get a fat in i add a bit of lite margarine and sometimes to splurge a tsp of brown sugar. and then i add it to oatmeal in the morning for a great homemade apple cinnamon oatmeal. :)

otherwise i love pineapple, apples and bananas.

MomOfThreeTeens
12-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Jillian, thats what I do when I get tired of raw apples. Its definitely a nice warm treat! I hadnt thought about adding it to oatmeal though, yum!!!

amylou7777
12-11-2007, 11:20 AM
morning all!

NICOLE-where are you??/

Joni??

Kimberely???

I am in a horrible mood since I found out my COD will be closing as of Friday. I knew it was coming, but thought maybe there was some hope....I am in such a slump, and since I'm off school was planning on getting in there at least twice a week to try to get motivated. Such a dissapointment.

I am off to work!
Kim-I'm glad things are ok with your mom!!!

Jillian-hope your days are getting easier!

Felicia-your dinner sounds awesome!! So nice to have things catered!

Dan- I love your family photo-where's Liz these days?

Hi Emily-let's get back POP! I was almost there yesterday....today I'm definitely going to be! Good luck with accting!

Hi Stacy!

Ok- check in later!!

Let's make it a POP tuesday!

JLem311
12-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Jillian, thats what I do when I get tired of raw apples. Its definitely a nice warm treat! I hadnt thought about adding it to oatmeal though, yum!!!

kim, sometimes i just add a few tablespoons of the crunchy kashi cereal to the top and it's kinda like apple cobbler. :)

JLem311
12-11-2007, 11:29 AM
i guess i should throw in a post about me..
i'm doing ok. dh was able to call on sunday. but when he calls he's only allowed to talk for 5mins. but it was good. he sounded like he was doing well. he'll be home for xmas leave on the 19th. :) and we have to go pick up the moving truck on the 22nd and then we're leaving NC on the 26th. so much stuff to do in such a short period of time. but the days seem like they are soooo long. and the time is dragging. but that's only because i'm lonely, i'm sure. at any rate, i'm doing fine. just keeping myself busy with packing stuff and getting things in order for the move. i've got all the minor little details done (like turning on the utilities at the new house and scheduled the ones to be turned off here, address changed with the post office, carpet cleaning scheduled, most of the packing done besides clothes and some kitchen stuff)..so needless to say, i'm ready.
i'm so proud of myself for getting everything done and set for our move. i can't believe i've done all of this on my own. i'm quite impressed. :)

and among all the moving stuff i managed to get all my xmas shopping done online and shipped to former dh's house to be there when we get there so we can have xmas with my family since they're coming to help unpack the truck when we arrive.

so, i've been busy, but i've still had plenty of downtime and that's where being bored comes in to play. but i've been working out, relaxing and just been doing some heavy-duty thinking. which is good for me.

ok, well i'm off to get a workout in and shower. last day off today for a while, so i'm going to enjoy it. it was about 80 degrees here yesterday and suppose to be all week. ick. oh well, better than the snow i'm about to move into in a few weeks. :)

hope everyone is well, i'm doing much better for those of you keeping tabs on me.
xoxo.

Dan2112
12-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Glad to hear you're feeling better Jillian!

My knee is also feeling better after doing the ice/heat treatments yesterday.. But this brace thing has got to go... It's making me walk really weird and of course everyone who sees it has to ask "what happened?".... I should just print out an explination and hand it out whenever asked.. :lol:

Amy... Liz has been socked in a work. She's working on a new project that is really eating up all her time and by the time she gets home, she has no desire to play on the computer... I'll give her a call and tell her to drop in and say hi...

Have a great day all...

JerseyMadchen
12-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Hey guys! I guess since I'll be a Virginian soon I should start saying y'all! I went to WI today and was down 4lbs this week without a TO! Yey! I was so happy!

Nothing on the docit for today excpet Christmas prep, wraping, etc. Oh, and engagement ring shopping! I am to start sending pictures and specifics of what I want. AND there's no limit! I know there is though, so I will be kind to him!

I have worked in fine jewelry now for over 5 years, so I know what I want and what is a good deal.

Well, hope everyone is doing well! I am off to eat lunch and do Yoga Booty! I LOVE THAT! THanks Amy-- I think it was your suggestion!

Bye y'all! (Haha, add a stick of butter and I'm Paula Dean!)

BarbaraB
12-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Jillian, The 19th is just a week from tomorrow! You'll be hugging your DH before you know it. How long does he have for leave?

Dan, hope the brace is not something you need for long. Knees can be tricky things. Sorry Liz is swamped at work. For once I don't have a major new system going live for the first of January. It has been at least a decade since I've had a year without huge deadlines for the holidays. It is soooo nice, and this is the year my sister volunteered to host the family christmas gathering too. This is the most relaxed holiday in a long time for me. Sorry Liz sounds like she is having my normal holiday.

Amy, congrats on the 4 pounds and the engagement. What type of ring is it that you want? I got a 3 stone anniversary ring not so long ago from my DH and now it is too big. I love it the emerald cut diamonds in platinum, but I think the resizing of platinum is more difficult than gold. Anyway, so I have this ugly ring snuggie (really just a chunk of plastic tubing) to keep it from falling off my hand... Well since all my rings are too big now, I bought a bunch of ring snuggies.

Dan2112
12-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks Barb... I don't think I'll need it for too long.. I'm going to play it safe and keep it until the weekend and then try to play a light game of RB on Sunday if it feels up to it... I just have to stop launching myself toward the wall to get the ball! :lol:

Liz's deadline isn't until February, but she's having to learn a new system for this and she's not that familiar with building web pages... She's like an animal who, once it gets the scent of something, won't allow itself to be distracted until it finds it... She puts her mind to something and everybody better just get out of the way :lol:....

JLem311
12-11-2007, 02:44 PM
amy--great job on the loss! that's awesome! i can't remember the last time i had a 4lb loss in one WI. :) too bad i'm moving away from NC, we could've met up in VA.

barb--dh will be on leave til jan 2nd. we'll be moving the whole time pretty much but will have a few days after we get to SD before he has to fly back to SC again. i just can't wait til next week. i'm getting so anxious! hard to believe he's been gone almost a month. i wish i could've made my 200 goal before he got here..don't really think that's doable..but i was about 211 before he left, so i'm progressing. :)

glad to hear your knee is feeling better, dan. tell liz hi for us. :)

ferrarimomof2
12-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Hey everyone,

I am just checking in. I haven't had time to read all the posts yet. I hope that everyone is having a POP day. I have been trying to get ready for my son's 1st grade school party. What is everyone doing for Christmas dinner? I have been trying to come up with a menu for Christmas dinner. I usually always give in on dinners like that and don't want to do that this year. I will be doing all the cooking but am having trouble coming up with ideas for dinner. Not to mention that I have two children so I have to have stuff for them. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Dionne

BarbaraB
12-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Jillian, love the new avatar, your sweater matches your tattoo. Is that cute guy in your profile your DH? Maybe with all the packing you've already done the move won't be so awful. I wish I had curly hair. It is so cute.

Dionne, for Christmas eve my DH always likes to get some crab and we make kind of a festive and fun meal cracking crab (takes a long time to crack so plenty of time to visit while not eating all that much) I like to have some salad with it and maybe a bit of toast, totally on plan. For Christmas last year I bought a honey baked ham turkey breast and made some fresh green beans and a salad and made a little bit of pasta with some butter on it. It was mostly a light meal, but felt splurgy to me due to the pasta (my family if you serve them pasta they are happy). Anyway, I ended up having a good weight loss week for Christmas and the COD was a ghost town right after (quick weigh ins). I had a great Christmas last year, my DD got the Pride and Prejudice mini series for Christmas and I got a tea pot with fancy cups, so we sat there in our PJ's drinking tea and watching Mr Darcy most of the day.... such a good time and it did not revolve around food!

Tuesday Cool
12-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Emily, frozen raspberries are great on yogurt, in smoothies, and on cereal. I buy several packs when they are on sell and keep them in the freezer for a quick pick me up.
I have been POP all week (both whole days!) and think I will have over come my Hanukkah meals. I was asked to bring latkas to a work party next week! Gack, they are a pain to make and so quickly eaten.
I wish everybody good cheer and the ability to forgive yourselves when you do indulge. Remember we are all embarking on a life style change. This includes changing the inner voice telling us we are not good enough or not strong enough. We all know what we need to do to lose weight and sometimes we may choose to go a different direction. We can come back, we are not lost when we stray. We have made a choice and that is a powerful thing.
Off to yoga for now. T

amylou7777
12-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Hi guys-wow it's awfully quiet around here lately. I know everyone must be busy! I am regretting not taking time off of work before the holidays. Going straight from finals to working full time again didn't give me a time to breathe. I think I might take a 1/2 day on friday so I can get my errands in.

I'm determined to stick with this despite my center closing. I just have to. So glad i found this site.

Jillian- wow! I would be proud of myself too!!

Dan- hope Liz isn't working too hard! Hope your knee is ok.

I'm impressed with the on-plan xmas ideas....I am hosting for the first time in my life and everything on my menu is off plan....I just realized there is nothing I can eat!!! Ham, green bean casserole, champagne punch....hmmm. I'm going to have to do some tweaking!

Where's Val??? She's the one who makes the splenda pies! I need to be thinking like her!

Ok-off to watch TBL.

Oh-Amy congrats on the engagement!!!! I am a huge diamond fanatic. Let us know what you decide on, or narrow it down to!
Barb-your rings sounds awesome!
I'm motivated by hearing of all of your workouts---I need to get back in it!

bradleys mom
12-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Jersey Amy, where in virginia are you moving to?? I am in southwest virginia.

Julzanne72
12-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Good morning just wanted to check in as say hi:) Had my WI in this morning and am down .6-so since I started last Monday I am down 6.8-I am finding that I feel better and just have an all around better attitude. Christmas is always tough. My plan is to eat as close to POP as I can when I am home and just try to make good choices when I am at my moms, in laws, etc. Hopefully I will be successful. I hope everyone is doing well and continues to strive.
anyone out here from Wisconsin?

EmilyLashea
12-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Good Morning All :wave:

Jillian- I'm so glad you're feeling better about things.. and you'll be so busy getting ready for DH to get home time will go by quicker than you think! :) He's a hottie, btw! Oh, and how many tattoos do you have?

Dan- Glda your knee is feeling better! Tell liz to give herself a 5min break and drop in to say hi!

Amy- Congrats on the engagement! How exciting! I suggested to DBf that we wait until I get out of school to get engaged.. I kick myself for that on a regular basis! :kickbutt:

Mama Nicole
12-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Good morning my dear friends. I have been a total slacker, and I cannot promise I will be POP today, but I am certainly going to try. I am feeling pretty bad about myself, and I need to fix that. Anyway………

Kim #2……..so sorry to hear about you mom. I hope she is doing better now. My mom and dad both had a total knee replacements. It can really be hard on them. And I totally hear you about hospitals and food. My sis and I make a hobby out of conquering the hospital cafeteria every time one of my parents is in. It is just ridiculous. One time, the cafeteria workers started giving us the employee discount cuz we were there so often. That’s pretty bad, isn’t it?

Amylou……congrats on finals being over. I know that is a load off of your mind J

Shannon…….doesn’t that suck…..how, “becoming a weekend grazer,” just happens. You can change it. One weekend at a time……..it will get better. It is good you are aware……many people never even realize it.

Congrats, JerseyAmy, on all of the changes going on in your life. What an exciting time for you!!! Enjoy it!!!

Emily……I hope things slow down for you soon. You have to demand that time to take care of yourself. Believe me……it is a habit you need for the rest of your life, so when you are 37 years old, you are not still trying to figure out how to do it!!! It so easy to let school, work, friends, kids, etc. become more important than your health. Do your best to make this an important part of your life. Your body will thank you for years to come J

Hi Cecil. I am afraid I don’t’ know you very well, as I have not been on very much lately. I am planning on changing that.

Welcome Michie. Keep up the good work!!!

Hey Sherry……..it is so good to see you fighting the good fight again!!! Stay with us!!!

Kimberly……..what great enthusiasm you have for trying to reach your new years goal early!!!! I hope school is going well!!!

Hey Amy!!! I don’t wait for what I want either….so no fab presents for me. I get so excited about Santa though, that I feel like the gifts are all for me!!!

Barbara…what a smart plan for the holidays. I wish I exercised. Lol.

Welcome Dionne. What a great gift you have given yourself!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Dan……sorry about the knee. That just sucks.

Hey there Ternoway…….why can’t I remember your name?

Hey Tuesday…….great advice about needs and desires. So difficult to stay disciplined around the holidays, isn’t it?

Hey Emily……I make a mean smoothie out of 12 frozen strawberries, ½ banana, two handfuls of ice cubes, ½ c. vanilla yogurt, ½ c. milk, and a bit of splenda. It takes care of two fruits, and one dairy, and is a tiny taste of heaven. I have this almost every day for breakfast!!!

Hey Stacy….stay strong. I know it can be a bummer, but go to your COD. You know, when we are losing, we all seem to like our COD, but when we stay the same or gain, we hate them. Go in, face the music, and then stay OP. You can do this!!!

Kim #2……just read the latest about your mom. I am breathing a sigh of relief. I hope she stays off cigarettes, but chances are, she will not. Especially if she was forced to because of her surgery. If she does stay off, she is probably going to be pretty blue….so keep an eye on her. It is so common for people to become depressed after surgery and also after the honeymoon period of not smoking. When my dad went through a similar situation, he ended up taking an anti-depressant……it is REALLY helped him during the adjustment period. I don’t know if you were ever a smoker, but as a former smoker, I can tell you……..when you quit….it’s like losing your best friend. You don’t know what to do with yourself. Anyway…..if she stays quit, that will be wonderful….but if she starts back up in a few months……..noone will feel worse about it than she will. Watch out for her……..this is a time when she will need her daughter to think clearly for her……cuz quitting also makes you a bit retarted for a while. J

Hey Tina girl. How’s it hangin?

Jillian……..it is so good to see you posting regularily and LOSING!!! WTG……….just think how DH is going to react when he sees you next!!! Also…….I am proud of you for seizing the day. I was going to give you the lemon aid analogy……and I about died laughing. Pretty bad that I crack myself up!!! But really…….you are doing it!!! Hooray!!!

Amylou……Joni is on her cruise!!!

Lynn……….you have been kind of quiet lately. Everything ok?

Ok, I have to end this abruptly, cuz it is time to bring DD to school……..and I am sure I missed someone……..but it is not intentional!!! Everyone keep working hard………..and enjoy how you feel when you are doing the right things for your body. I think sometimes we take for granted how wonderful we feel when we are OP………and let me remind you….after being off plan for so many weeks……..it feels pretty crappy…..in sooo many ways, and I am very excited to feel good in a few days…..and actually enjoy my food instead of, “having,” to eat it. Have a fab day everyone!!! I have missed you all!!!

XOXO

amylou7777
12-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Yay Nicole!! So good to see a nice long post from you! Fill us in on what's going on with the fam!

I totally forgot about Joni's cruise- I hope she is having a great time!

Off to work-I am determined to be POP today! My center is closing so I'm going to start going by my BNWI-it was pretty good today! I'm going to see if it sticks and try to come up with a day of the week to w/i "officially" at home.

emmysmom
12-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Hi all! I'm home sick today. Not sure what hit me, but it hit me hard. I'm just laying on the couch with my laptop on my lap and watching Trading Spaces. I went to work this morning, went home, went back and then home again...I tried:(

Hope you all are having a great day!

ferrarimomof2
12-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Good morning everyone,

I just got back from weigh in and am down 4oz. I'll take it at least it is some loss. Thanks to everyone for all the welcomes and thanks Barbara for the holiday suggestions.
I am off to have lunch with my son and work Santa shop so I will check in later.

Everyone have a great day.

cecil
12-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Hi there!
So I am just checking in real quick here before I start work. Hope everyone has a great POP day! I am going to try and catch up on my reading on here sometime today. WI on Tuesday I was up .2. Blah! Anyway talk at ya later!

MomOfThreeTeens
12-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi all, an update on my mom- Shes doing fabulous with her recovery from her knee surgery. I talked to her earlier and she told me she walked the whole length of the hall on her floor at the hospital! She hadnt been able to take more than few steps at a time so thats a huge improvement! She should be getting to leave today to go to a rehab facility! I'll keep ya posted!

Update on me-this week has been a BIG improvement for me foodwise. I was eating terrible and therefore feeling terrible. I felt like a cow, was afraid to put my jeans on because I was afraid they would be too tight. Well they werent but it scared me enough to get my butt back in gear!!! Its amazing how fast I can feel like "the fat girl" again! I've decided when I'm through with maintenance I'm going to stop stressing so much about what the scale says and just watch how my clothes fit! I know for now I have to stay within 5 pounds of my goal weight, to get my guarantee. After thats up as long as I can comfortably fit in my jeans I'm gonna stop freaking out about the scale!!

BarbaraB
12-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Nicole, Running after 5 kids has to count for some exercise. Just carrying that much laundry around has some calorie burning potential. Even with going up to maintenance level calories, I still have to be careful.

I did my elliptical trainer for the whole of the Biggest Loser program last night and burned off 911 calories according to the machine! I got up this morning and did the spin cycling class, so I feel like I'm living up to the exercise like a fiend self promise.

Cecil, .2 is hardly anything really, some days the scale is just a little mean. Next time it will be better, don't let that discourage you, it happens to just about everybody who tries to lose weight, some days the scale is down.

Tina, just rest and relax and you will feel better soon I hope.

Amylou, you totally have the power to do this without the COD! If you are hosting your own party, you definitely should make something on plan that you can have. Ham is not so very terrible, although the salt is killer. Enjoy the day, plan a little splurge, but not a blow out, and you will not feel deprived. Since you don't want to be feeling deprived and depressed and that you didn't get to celebrate the big day. For me I have found that about 2 extra starches and 2 extra fats and maybe an extra glass of wine is enough so that I feel indulged, but I don't feel that I've totally blown it... say an extra 500 calories.

zambejaly5
12-12-2007, 01:46 PM
afternoon all, I had an interview yesterday and the second one today. Look like you can just refer to me as the "Lunch Lady". I keep hearing adam sandler in my ear singing! haha

I don't know when I will start, but they loved me and said they would call.

food wise I am just holding in there. I love all the christmas goodies way too much. but I only make them in dec. so I am going to have them and just face the scale in Jan. I am sending all my focus to the water and the exercise.

good to see you Nicole. EVEN THOUGH YOU FORGOT ME!!! just kidding. I know you put a disclamer at the end for all of those you forgot. Just good to see you around again.

I am going to have to figure out how to juggle work and home. I know most of you do that already, but I have only done "home" for 17 1/2 years. so I am trying to figure out how I will do it. the nice thing is I will get off at 2 every day and the kids don't get home til 3:30 so I will either have an hour to veg. or an hour to get a jump on supper and the house.

and that is exactly what I should be doing now!

later

BarbaraB
12-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Lettie, You will figure it out. Somehow we manage. Actually if you are home less the house stays a little cleaner. The laundry does not slow down though! When is your trip to Florida? Is it coming up soon?

Kim, glad your mother is feeling better and that you've gotten the eating back on track. That is the main thing, getting back to eating in a healthy way. That inner fat girl just is hard to keep quiet. I can not imagine being a star and having people taking my picture and then posting it saying look how fat she is. Did anyone see that big thing about Jennifer Love Hewlett? It is just shameful how the media acts like all women should look like air brushed pictures. Normal and healthy women are made to feel so bad about themselves. It isn't right. I still love to look at pictures of star's cellulite though. I know it is wrong that they publish them and I think it is terrible, but at the same time, it always makes me feel so much better.

MomOfThreeTeens
12-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Barbara I saw that about Jennifer Love Hewitt and it just ticked me off! One of my favorite TV moments was Tyra Banks comment to the media after they started saying she was fat...told them on live TV on her show to "kiss her big fat a$$! I thought, YOU go girl!!!! I would pay money to look like her! Sheesh!

zambejaly5
12-12-2007, 03:43 PM
just got the call, I start tomorrow as the Lunch Lady...... yikes we get free lunch! this can't be good!!!

aguerin
12-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Hello, Hello, Hello all. I have officially started my Christmas Shopping.

I saw in another post, some one is saying all the centers are closing. (If I read it right). Glad I am done with mine anyway, but I haven't seen anything about it during my few visits lately.

Good Luck on all the finals School Girls, (AmyLou, Amy, Emily, Kimberly, etc.)

Kim: Glad your mom is doing better. It is scary when you are helpless and can't do anything, but remember prayer changes things.

Jullian: Good Luck onthe move. You are braver than I am. Christmas is bad enough without having to deal with that. I will keep you in my prayers.

Congrats on the job Lettie. I'm guessing that you are going to be working in a lunchroom somewhere? I think I missed something.

I totally fell off the wagon today. Got to re-focus for tomorrow. Some vendor brought a basket of goodies for me. Before I knew it all the Chocolate in it was gone. I did however, give the remaining stuff in it away before I ate it. :)

smjezzy
12-12-2007, 04:18 PM
WTG Lettie - big congrats

I was really shocked about the Jennifer Love Hewitt comment. She to me is the perfect size. I thought women were supposed to have curves. When did the standard change where we are supposed to look like men? Let me change that, when did the standard change where we are supposed to look like little boys? What happened to 36 24 36?

Lynx
12-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Yes, wtg, Lettie
Thanks for asking about me Nicole, I was gone on vacation to Southern California visiting family for 9 days. I left the day after our first big snow, and then I missed the 2 next snows, but I am back home now and the travel yesterday went well. It was easier getting back home than it was when I left on Dec 2. I had a really good time.

I am trying to catch up on what has been happening. I know that Joni is on her cruise and the chicks to the finish contest ends next week. I can hardly wait to see who wins.....

Mama Nicole
12-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Update on me-this week has been a BIG improvement for me foodwise. I was eating terrible and therefore feeling terrible. I felt like a cow, was afraid to put my jeans on because I was afraid they would be too tight.

Holy cow, Kim.....that has been me. I wore stretch pants the last two days, cuz I just don't think I can take the disappointment of my jeans being too tight. Today has been good though, so I am feeling a bit better. By next week I ought to be on my, "I have been POP for a week and dropped 5 pounds," high. :lol: I am glad you are doing better. It affects everything, doesn't it?

Lettie......CONGRATS. I can't think of a more perfect job for you!!! The kids are going to love you......and the hours are going to work so well for you and your family!!! And I have to tell you.......I literally laughed out loud when you busted me for forgetting you!!! :lol: I tell ya, if I were going to forget anyone, I am glad it was you :lol:

Hey, where the **** is Kim nuber one, and Angie, and Liza? There are sooo many missing? And Deb.........you teased us the other week.....but poof,now you're gone? And Lea Ann......would it kill you to check in? :lol: It's always nice to see familiar faces!!! Evette......how are you loving maintainance?

Ok, I really have to go. I fear what my boys have been doing over the last few minutes!!!
XOXO

Lynx
12-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Good morning just wanted to check in as say hi:) Had my WI in this morning and am down .6-so since I started last Monday I am down 6.8-I am finding that I feel better and just have an all around better attitude. Christmas is always tough. My plan is to eat as close to POP as I can when I am home and just try to make good choices when I am at my moms, in laws, etc. Hopefully I will be successful. I hope everyone is doing well and continues to strive.
anyone out here from Wisconsin?

Hi Julzanne,
I am from Wisconsin. Madison. There are a few Wisconsites here, but I would say that I am the only regular, poster. Welcome

week 48
LAWL franchise center
total lost 60 lbs.
Current weight 140
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

Julzanne72
12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Cool-very close to me, I am from Janesville, just about 30 minutes from you, Lynx:) sorry don't know your real name...so what is the story with the thread about all centers closing nationwide/????

JerseyMadchen
12-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Well, as you guys saw, the Pure Weightloss centers are closing!

*&(*&)(*&)(*&$&^$*!!!!!!!!!

I am so upset!

ferrarimomof2
12-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Amy, Where in Alabama are you? I am in Mobile.

I am confused about the centers closing. I have seen no sign of it in my center. They seem to be very busy and they have three people working there. I am definitely only going to buy my lites by the week until I figure it out. I just started on Dec 3. Although, thinking about it I am a little scared because it only cost me $199 for 52 weeks. I really hope that they are not closing. I really need the accountablity factor.

Is anyone on here from Mobile, Alabama?

Dan2112
12-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Good evening ladies...

Another busy day for me, but that's the way it goes... Did very well as far as being POP, but I had to share with you what I did this afternoon...

Our department has an emploee recognition banquet every year. The usual lunch is steak, with salad, etc... While the place we hold the event provides the lunch, our recognition committee provides the dessert...

So armed with the checkbook I went to Sam's Club today and bought:
2 NY Style cheese cakes
2 Chocolate carmel cheese cakes
1 big tray of cookies
1 huge chocolate chip cookie with frosting (about the size of a pizza
1 apple pie
1 pumpkin pie
1 tray of mini baklava treats...
1 tray of chocolate brownies

I'd say that's about a million calories and grams of fat.. :lol:

How sad I can't have any of it, but I thought about how my mission tomorrow would be to avoid all of it and how good I'd feel at the end of the day after not giving in...

Wish me luck!

ferrarimomof2
12-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Dan- Good luck.

It is never easy to go to these type of things. You will do fine.

zambejaly5
12-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Barbara -- we leave for Florida on the 22nd and will be gone about a week.

Amy -- yes, it is in the cafeteria at the Jr High. it is the Jr High that my two oldest went through and my #3 will be going to next year.

Shannon, Lynn, -- THANKS!!

Amy -- oh know..... didn't you just rejoin? did you bulk on bars too?

Lets see am I forgetting any one..... hmmmmm no.......... OH WAIT WAIT WAIT, that one girl...... uh.... NICOLE! (hee hee):rofl: Yea, the hours are perfect. 8-2.... So we all have to be to school at the same time, and I will be off when they are off, they will never miss me.

well, I am off to bed.... after all I am a workin girl! I guess I will check in with you all after work.... if I have any energy!

amylou7777
12-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Congrats on landing your job Lettie! It definitely sounds like a good match, hours-wise. No weekends, no nights-home with the kids-you will love it. But I'm sure it will take a bit to get used to a new routine!

Barbara-Everything you said makes so much sense. I know I can do this w/o the COD-it's just a dissapointment. I felt like a made an investment and I'm not getting the return I bargained for. But....worse things could happen. As for xmas- I like your thinking. That's pretty much what I did for Thanksgiving....unfortunately I did it for 3 days in a row. This time-I'd like to stick to 1. I am about 10lbs behind where I wanted to be by this time-so I'm ready to catch up.

So...I went to say goodbye to my COD this evening. It was sad. The counselors seemed overwhelmed. They admitted they knew something was up as soon as the hours were cut-but they weren't getting straight answers from corporate. They gave me about 10 boxes of lites. I had ordered 20 from the 1-800 number they gave me. The shelves were bare at the center- so I HOPE that my "order" is legitimate and they show up on my doorstep like they promised. They gave me bunch of diaries and the menus for purple and gold. I am determined to stick with this!!

I'm trying to decide when to move to purple. Techincally it's when I hit 239-which I'm hoping will happen soon. I am doing a tues/thurs/sat "official" w/i so we'll see where I'm at tomorrow morning. I'm not ready to give up my 1/2 protein. I care more about that than the starch! Any thoughts for when a good time to move down is? Do I do a TO before starting?

Nicole-great to hear from you-no more MIA-I love your stories! You better get your hiney back down below 200 girl! You were doing so good for a while-I know you can find your rythym again....we are here for ya!

Kim- I hope your fear of tight jeans gets you back on track!! Great to hear the good news about your mom!

Dan-holy cow!!! Did you buy every delicious dessert costco has to offer? It almost makes me sick! I know what you mean about feeling so great when you resist---I love that feeling!

Has anyone noticed the new ads that are on these pages for Pure Weight Loss "now online"....HA! For you newbies- I'm sorry if the centers closing leaves you feeling duped. This is actually a great program that really works. Everyone here has so much knowledge about how it ALL works- it is very doable and we are here to help!

Lynn- where in So Cal were you visiting? Hope you had a great time! Welcome back!

Alright- off to bed!

Here's to a POP Thursday!

amylou7777
12-13-2007, 01:06 AM
And yes- where oh where is...

Liza?

DebMT?

Katie?

Katy66?

Heather??
Pearl?
Anyone?

Night All!

Lynx
12-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Amylou - I was in Oceanside. For those not familiar with California, Oceanside is 35 miles north of San Diego.
Also Amy, since you are going to a plan with lower calories, I would not think that you need to do a TO before you go to purple.

week 48
LAWL franchise center
total lost 60 lbs.
Current weight 140
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

smjezzy
12-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Woohoo! Finally went back done to my ticker weight actually .4 below. Just in time for the weekend!! Pray for me Nicole.

I have to keep this downward trend going. I have been doing much better at tracking and portion control and most importantly NOT EATING OUT. That really kills me. I've started tracking at s p a r k p e o p l e again. That also seems to help.

I'm still not getting in all my food (veggies and fruits) but I'm doing the best I can. Cutting myself back to allowable starch servings has been difficult. 6 lbs to go to get back to my lowest lawl weight. Slowly but surely.

Everyone have a POP day.

EmilyLashea
12-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Good Morning All! :wave:

Lettie- Congrats on the job!

Nicole- You're so right about putting my health first.. it's just really easy to push to the back when there is so much to do!

Dan- You're a stronger person than I am! Don't even let there be cookie cake in the house with me or I'm doomed!

Ferarrimomof2 (sorry I haven't caught your name)- I am From North Alabama (Lawrence County).. Have thought so many times about moving to Mobile! DBf and I have talked seriously about it when I get out of school..

Hi to everyone else!! I'm at work and just trying to get this in between customers :dizzy:

I will be making a trip to COD to pick up all of my bars I've ordered and see if they will tell me anything.. pick up some extra diaries, etc.. Maybe they'll be straight forward with me. I'm not counting on it though...

sscott
12-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Hey everyone. I haven't been able to check for a couple of days so it took me awhile to read up on all the happenings. It sounds like many of you are getting back on track and working hard. What motivation!! Keep it up, you might just inspire others!

My younger sister, who does daycare for us, announced a few weeks ago that she was expecting her 4th baby. Well, yesterday she started to miscarry the baby. It has been such a sad day! We will never understand why God chooses things like this to happen, but our faith allows us to believe the promises that He doesn't do this to hurt us. He has a plan, even if we can't see it. My sister wanted to have her daycare kiddos today, but i said no way. I took the day off and I have her daycare kids. Please pray her her and her family!

I hope everyone is having a great day! Stay focused on the reason for this time of year. I get caught up in all the food and shopping that I need to remind myself what is truely important!

Ok, I'm going to sign off for now because I am apparently in a serious mood and you guys don't want to hear all my reflections for the day :) Enjoy your day!

smjezzy
12-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Stacy my thoughts and prayers are with your family.

lizababe
12-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Hi Everyone!

I just finished reading through these six pages and tried to get through a few other threads. My apologies for neglecting this board!

I'll just get on with the excuses now...

Thanksgiving - I had company for a week and a half that was just supposed to be one night. That takes time away from the computer unforunately.

Disneyland - Mini Me and I FINALLY went to Disneyland to see it decorated for the holidays and it is beautiful! I'm so glad I took the time off to go. I'll put a few pictures at the bottom of this post.

Hanukkah - We only did the feast and service for one night, but did light the menorah each of the eight nights.

I know a lot of people get offended by this, but we do both Hanukkah and Christmas each year. I was raised both and my daughter is also of both backgrounds. Both are two entirely different celebrations (Hanukkah the celebration of the Jews uprising against the Greeks and Christmas obviously, Jesus' birth) so I really don't understand why anyone would be offended but that's how it is. Anyway, we do have a tree and I am happy to say I actually got all of my holiday shopping done way early. I surprised myself. I'm usually so last minute on those things but I was finished by the beginning of December. Gotta love online shopping!

So I haven't been POP and the worst part of it is getting in my exercise. I just saw that the free gym in my building added an eliptical so I intend to get some use out of that while it's still too chilly for running.

I've been gone too long to do too many personals so I'll try to catch up more next time.

Felicia - I LOVE the new avatar pic! What a difference!
Dan - Sorry about the knee. Thank you for dragging me back to where I need to be! I LOVE those peppermint mochas too. Here's a good way to order them that cuts the calories way down: As for non-fat milk and 3 pumps of syrup instead of 5. They taste just as good!
Jillian - you are also looking fantastic!
Kim - I'm glad to hear your Mom is doing good and came through everything ok!
Amylou, Joni and Nicole - hello hello hello!

And now for the pictures...The last one is of the ornaments we picked on our way out of the park.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lizababe/Disneyland_alannah.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lizababe/Disneyland_Jack.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lizababe/Disneyland_castle1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lizababe/Disneyland_us.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lizababe/Disneyland_ornaments.jpg

LizzyW
12-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Well hi everybody.

I don't have much time, but thought I would give a quick hello and let everyone know that I am still here. My goal is to stay below 170 for the holidays and so far holding true. Even when I go up I come right back down so that is going well. My project is really keeping me busy and I seem so tired. I can't wait for my 7 days of christmas vacation from work, Dec 24-Jan1. Woohoo.

Anyway, Have to run. I will try to get on more and get some personals in. Love to all.

Liz

BarbaraB
12-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Liz, Good plan to just try to maintain when you are stressed and it is the Holidays. Don't work too hard or stress too much. I too find the mysteries of web screen development to be at times inscrutible. I feel like an old dog trying to learn new tricks....

Amy, I would hold off switching to purple until after Christmas. Hopefully you will get down to the "magic number" then, and it will be easier to manage the upcoming holidays with the few extra exchanges.

I totally understand how a little extra at a holiday becomes a few days of extras. I do think this is part of the learning to manage your weight, to get back on track after a holiday or a vacation. So Thanksgiving is a practice session for Christmas, where you get to see if you can do better and enjoy it more. Leftovers are dangerous though. If you are cooking, and it is something off plan, try to not make too much of it. I swear off plan leftovers will call to you from the refrigerator.

Liza, good to see you posting again. Good deal that you got some time off. I know a lot of people in my office celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah. I don't personally see why you have to pick just one heritage to follow when you come from many. They can all be a part of who you are. I like doing the elliptical trainer, it is lower impact but still burns calories a good rate. I think until I got a lot of my weight off, trying to run on the tread mill was very hard on my feet and knees.

ferrarimomof2
12-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Stacy,

My prayers are with you and your family. I am so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. I had one three years ago. Just remember like you said that God has a plan and knows what he is doing. He has a reason and you are right we will probably never know the reason. Just keep your faith.

Dionne

dolphn545
12-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Hey Everybody! :wave:

Just poppin in for a quick hello. Found out yesterday that my COD will be closing, along with many others, on Jan. 4, so you will be seeing much more of me for support!!

Today was a snowy day here, and I think the COD was closed, so now I have to wait until Saturday to go in and get my lites (hopefully).

Hope everyone is ahving a great POP day!!

amylou7777
12-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey guys!

Good to hear from you Liza! I've gone to Dland during the holidays for the past three years- but will miss it this year. Dbf and I just can't take the time off to go to my parent's house this year! My mom and dad went just the two of them and said it was beautiful as always! I love the pics!

Stacy- I hope your sister is getting better each day. I can't imagine how awful that must be.

Tina- how are you feeling today? I know you were knocked out yesterday-hope you are getting rest and feeling better!

Lynn- Oceanside is beautiful! I spend some time there when I lived in San Diego. Glad you had a great trip! I think you are right about the TO! Thank goodness!

Barbara-good point about switching! I'm going to wait. And I definitely was thinking of making a little of everything. I'm the type of hostess who buys literally twice as much as we actually need for fear of running out of food-and I'm trying to get out of that habit. I'm going to have a big variety-no one will go hungry! But there's no sense in having a pound of dip etc! Tgiving was definitely a test run! One day of splurge for me- that's it!

Well Thurs is one of my new official home w/i days- my scale showed me at 239!? Couldn't believe it. I'm going to move my ticker to 241-that's consistent with my COD scale which is usually 1-2 lbs higher-and hopefully over the next two weeks I will be able to mesh the two together so that I can rely on my home scale....we'll see! But I'm excited to report a loss- even if I don't know exactly wht I weigh right now....

Liz-good to hear from you! Don't work too hard!

Shannon- good luck getting back on plan. I had to stuff an apple down last niht so that I was getting everything in. Seemed silly-but it's a mind thing with me- I want to feel like I'm totally POP. You can do it!

Alright- going to go change my ticker!

Nicole---you still up?

JerseyMadchen
12-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Ok, I admit I fell off the wagon the past two days. Yesterday I made an apple pie (with Splenda!-AMAZING!) and had 2 small pieces and had two breakfast sandwiches (with porkroll) on eng. muffin for dinner.

TOday I had grilled cheese at diner and sandwich on roll for dinner. Oh, and another piece of pie with whipped cream. That's it. I am not using hte closing as an excuse to binge! ARGH!

Because of this slip, I feel awful and sluggish. I didn't exercise like I should have today.

OK, enough griping! BACK OP TOMORROW!

Hope everyone is doing alright! GO GET OYUR BARS!

Nite all!

Tuesday Cool
12-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Hello all, the closing of CODs across the nation is a little shocking. I was a little concerned when all the adds for the program tauted "the fastest growing weight loss" program. Fast growing does not equal good business planning!
The program is solid. but the fast growth of the new COD caused and over reliance on selling product and poor training of counselors.
I know that my COD only has (had? I have not seen her in a while) one knowledgeable counselor. Sheesh, you can learn more about nutrition and weight loss reading Oprah magazine!
Ah well, this time of year is slower at the shelter where I work so I get to spend some time catching up on getting animals spayed and neutered before adoption. Not having the feeling of running a race you cannot win helps me remember what I love about my job. What I can't believe is that we still have kittens! I declared Kitten Season over last month and they still poor in!
I leave for a Hawaiian holiday next Saturday. I am taking a pile of books, a load of magazines, and an aloha spirit!
Tuesday

smjezzy
12-14-2007, 10:54 AM
The weekend is upon me and it's gonna be a tough one. Today we have our office Holiday potluck. I BELIEVE they are having turkey too so I can be good and avoid the ham. The extra stuff I should be able to avoid, that never really trips my trigger anyway. This afternoon is a movie which if I eat enough turkey I should be ok. The theater we go to serves full meals and very fattening ones I might add. Tonight I'll be partaking of one liquid fruit but it's a margarita so it's a bad one. Again, if I eat enough turkey I can avoid the mexican food that goes with it.

Tomorrow is the state championship football game and corresponding tailgate party. I don't know if I'm going to have any good options here. I said that I'd bring queso but how stupid is that. You know I'll eat some if I make it and it's not the best of all choices. Now I'm trying to think of something I could make that I'll be able to eat. I'm pretty sure they'll have burgers so I can just eat the meat. Maybe I should just put together a fruit tray. Any ideas out there of what I can bring that others would enjoy as well. I think it's going to be cold tomorrow too.

I got 5 lbs off this week and I'd sure hate to pack it back on.

Sunday will be the saving factor. I FINALLY meet with the guy at my gym to show me some machines. This has been going on since November 10th (well actually since we joined the gym a year ago). Better late than never I suppose! I will also be talking to my son's friend next week about giving me a couple of trianing sessions. Since this weekend is going to be such a challenge this is all good timing I think. Oh, did I mention my neighbor brought over a plate full of goodies last night. BLAST IT ALL!!!! I'm going to instruct my son to remove them from my sight!!

Everyone have a great weekend and will me some extra will power!

emmysmom
12-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi everyone! :wave:

Amy - I am feeling much better. Thanks for asking. It must have been a touch of the flu...just hit me like a hammer:)

To everyone who's center is closing - First of all, I am so sorry to hear that a program that obviously works well just can't seem to keep their doors open. It really is a shame. But each one of you should look at what you have accomplished so far. You can do this on your own! Some of you may remember a few months back when I tried to go back to my COD and they wouldn't let me unless I purchased the entire program again. With the support of everyone here, I was encouraged to do it on my own. And now I'm almost at my goal weight. Not because of a center...because of YOU!!! You have all taught me and supported me more than any counselor EVER did. Don't give up! Lean on us for support! You have the tools you need to be successful. :hug:

amylou7777
12-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Tina! Thanks for the motivation. You are SO right. I know we can each do this without a COD and with this site. I was so un motivated after finals, and then after getting the message the center was closing--until I came on here to see that everyone was still losing and still doing great while I was away from the site. SO inspirational.

Congrats on being SO incredibly close to your goal weight! Are you the front runner for the chicks to the finish?! What an amazing feeling it will be to start 2008 at 135?! I can hardly imagine. Congratulations!

Shannon-sounds like this is going to be a TOUGH weekend for you. Stay focused and decide in your mind before you get to the potluck and the tailgate what you wil and wont have! Margaritas are the worst for any diet-but if you know you can't resist I suppose it's better than a margartia plus chips, quacamole and sour cream! GL and do not let those 5lbs back! Have a great time at the gym. That's exciting!

Amy Jersey-back on track for you!! Centers closing is no reason to go crazy! Pick yourself up and get back to POP. Don't let this weekend get away from you-you can do it!

Nicole-come out, come out wherever you are!

Lettie-when do you start your job?

smjezzy
12-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks Amy. I drink very rarely but every now and again I want a margarita. Now is one of those times! I will just avoid the rest of the junk and if I order I'll try to stick with fajitas.

cecil
12-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Shannon your weekend sounds like the last few days and the next few I have coming up. Isn't it frustrating having to be around so many temptations. Yesterday we had a free holiday meal at work. Basically a Turkey meal and potatoes gravy corn and stuffing. I did pretty good. Mostly turkey and a spoonful of each of the rest. Tonight my bf has a holiday party which is going to have an appetizer bar before and after dinner. What? That is so mean! And Sunday my bf is having Christmas with his famliy and they are getting pizza? Seriously! I give up! Ha! I know I can do this , and then that little devil in the back of my mind is like a little bit extra won't matter... and then I have to beat that little voice up! Ha Thanks for all of your support! These next couple weeks are going to be tough!

BarbaraB
12-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Cecil, Just make the best choices possible. I find it is a balancing act of trying to save some extra exchanges so you can eat a little bit at the party and not showing up so starved that all reason goes out the window. We had appetizers and drinks for a work Christmas celebration Wednesday. Desert should not be served after I've had the wine.... although the chocolate cake was wonderful and the bread pudding to die for. It was a wonderful restaurant with spectacular food, so I just cut out a few exchanges from the next day (when you are on maintenance one of the counselors I had said it was acceptable to cut back down to weight loss portions for a day after a splurge day to help keep yourself even) Of course if you are already on weight loss portions, I don't think that is a good idea. Anyway, don't submit to all or nothing thinking, you can do better even if you are not perfect. If you slip a little, just start right back on plan and in no time it will be just a small blip in the forward progress you've made. Sometimes I found I had better weight loss when I had a small splurge, as I think it reved my metabolism up a tad. So don't go crazy, forgive yourself if you slip and don't stress over it. It is really hard to predict when the scale is going to be kind. Oh but avoid the salt since that will make your weight go up crazy always (well at least for a few days).

Shannon, I'm so pleased to hear that you actually have the training session planned. I know it is hard to get started, but if you really want to transform your health and your looks there is nothing like exercise to do it. Good luck with the tempatations. I know you can make at least better choices than in the past. Think of how good you will feel on new years if you are lighter than at Thanksgiving instead of trying to just get back to where you were before the holidays.

Amy, congrats on seeing the 239 even if it was just on the scale at home. I know you've been looking for that number for awhile now. It sounds like you have your Christmas plans well in hand. I too am one of those people who can over do the food for a holiday, and it has taken me some planning, since I'm so BAD when that stuff is in my house. Luckily for me my DH is also glad to see it gone, since he doesn't want to gain weight either. I bet your body is just reacting to the less stress now that you are done with finals. My DD called last night after her last one just walking on the clouds that it is all over with. I guess I'm so touched that she wants to talk to me when she is so happy and not just when she is in the dumps (although I get those calls too, they are harder to deal with since I want so badly for her to always be happy)

Anyway, today I have the day off. So far my plan to exercise has not been realized. Perhaps I should get myself up and going... as so far I've laid in bed and read romance novels... actually a lot more relaxing that work.

cecil
12-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Barbara thanks for the advice I really appreciate it! I think I will be able to do good. I will let you know what happens! Then I will be more accountable. In the back if my mind I will have a little voice saying what would Barbara say? ha ha! The comment about your daughter reminded me of my mom. You are soo sweet! Hope you have a great day off! Happy Excercising!

okie in il
12-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Sorry, I don't mean to be butting in to your thread. I didn't see a thread for new 3FC users. I am a transplant from the PWL website, which I'm sure will be disabled soon. I wish I had known about this rather than paying $99/year for their site (which I just renewed :mad:). My question is, if anyone can help me: I didn't reach my goal because I didn't want to pay for any more weight loss weeks. I'm on week 3 of stabilization. Can I go back to weight loss to try to get these last 8 pounds off then start stabilization again? I don't want to screw up my body to where I put weight back on. I've worked too hard for this. Thanks in advance!

Becky

Katy66
12-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Hello all! Been busy all week taking care of my DD. She has had a horrible virus but did feel well enough to be back at school today so I'm trying to catch up at work. DH was in PA on business and it took him until 2am this morning to get home because of snow...mind you it has been in the 70's here in NC. It is tough being a single parent, I hand it to you folks out there who do it all the time. We got some bad news yesterday about my MIL. She has apparently had a light stroke. She lives in GA. They are running tests and monitoring but it seems she has lost the movement in one of her legs....most of her speech, etc has returned.

All this going on and I've not been good at all with staying on plan. I made peanut butter fudge yesterday....can you believe it? It is actually DH's favorite and with him stuck in an airport and getting the news about his mom my old habits just took over and I cooked! I only had one piece though and thank goodness I'm at work today so I'm not tempted.

Haven't had too much time to read posts...did see something about a lot of the pure centers closing. Sorry if that is affecting you.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and I'll try to catch up on the news soon.

ferrarimomof2
12-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Hello all,

I don't have long will have to go get my DS from school. I am taking him to the theater tonight to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. He has already asked me can we get popcorn. I don't want to deprive him but I don't want to tempt myself either. I guess we'll figure it out as we go. I am also supposed to take him to dinner. This is the first time I have went out to eat since starting. I hope I don't mess things up.

I went to WI today and lost 2.4lbs. I was so happy that is a total of 9lbs since the third. I just hope I don't mess it up tonight.

I asked one of the counselors today if they were closing on the 4th and she said no that they were privately owned that it was corporate that was closing. She did not seem to be concerned at all and assured me that the Mobile facility was safe. I hope she is telling the truth.

I will talk to you all later.

Dionne

cecil
12-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Dionne, where are you planning on going for dinner? It won't bad as long as you go into the situation knowing you are going to make good decsions. Do you do the lites? Bring one with to the movie that's what I did the other night and it really helped and a bottle of water. You will do great! I know it! Good luck!

ferrarimomof2
12-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks Cecil. I think we are going to go to Applebee's or Chili's. I have been studying the menu planner so that I didn't eat the wrong thing for lunch. I think I will have 1 protein 1 starch and 2 veggies left. That is a good idea about the lites with me. I had not thought of that.

bradleys mom
12-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Becky, your not butting in! :welcome: I would offer advice but I am still learning things about this everyday! There are A LOT of knowledgable people on here who I am sure can answer your questions!

cecil
12-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Do you have a ruby tuesdays? I loved going there it was really easy to stay on plan and I felt stuffed when I left.

Dan2112
12-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Becky... You don't have to be paying for weeks to keep losing weight! You can kick start the process again.. Just get back on the plan where you were and take it from there.. I would start off with a Take Off, just to get yourself into the swing of things mentally and physically...

We're here to support each other, so fire away with any questions or offer advice as you see fit!! Welcome!!

slim n trim
12-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I know, I know --- its been a long time since I posted on here. Its a busy time of year. I have been reading for the past hour trying to catch up a little bit, and wow - tired eyes already. Lots of new faces - names etc. Welcome all.

So, I haven't really any news or anything. Still staying at the same weight, although I haven't really been sticking to plan the last month or so, so I guess I should be happy that I have not gained. January, I will get back into this and try to lose this last five pounds. I think my body is comfortable where its at, so I am not to concerned about it. Besides I think my body, and the fat cells have become very good friends, and they don't seem to want to let each other go.

anyway, so - who is winning the challenge you guys had going on. Doesn't that end tomorrow? The only reason I remember that is because it is my granddaughters birthday. And Joni's to right - and maybe Nicole has a birthday right away as well if memory serves me correctly. Happy Birthday to you both, and congrats to the winner of the challenge - you are all winners.

Will try to check in next week.
Have a great weekend.

okie in il
12-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Kimberly & Dan - Thanks for the welcome. I figured I could just remove the foods that I have added these past 3 weeks & start over. As far as TO goes, is there an alternative since I can't get the juice from my center. I've read a couple of things about the Hollywood juice diet (?). Any recommendations on that? Thanks for your input.

Becky

juliemarie
12-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Becky-

Check the Please Read Before Posting thread at the top of the forum (it's a sticky thread) for TO juice alternatives and other nifty tricks.

healthy2b
12-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi Everyone....haven't posted in a while but wanted to check in.

Karen - Last we heard from Joni it was still neck-n-neck between Val and Tina on winning the challenge. They both have done a spectacular job!

Well, I haven't heard anything about my center closing. I go to LAWL so maybe that is why. I also haven't been there since Monday and it wouldn't surprise me if they did close because they lost all of the employees but one new girl a couple of weeks ago. I asked the one girl left what was going on and she just says she doesn't know. It will be interesting to find out if they are still opened when I go back Monday or to find out if they are going to stay opened.

Everyone have a great weekend!

okie in il
12-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks Juliemarie. I knew I had read it somewhere today, but couldn't remember where. :dizzy: I've read so much the last couple of days trying to figure out what was going on. I'll definately check that thread out again.

Thanks again.
Becky

Tuesday Cool
12-14-2007, 10:06 PM
We had an open house at the shelter today. I avoided attending but got hooked by the left overs in the break room! Damn I love lasagna! I did have some salad (with ranch) but I could not resist the other foods. I did write it down in my book, checked off my boxes and everything. No I am over on starches and fat and behind on veggies and fruit. I do not know how to finish for day. do I eat my veggie/fruit servings or call it a day and go to bed?
I am not hungry. I feel sick from the fat and wish I had eaten some real fiber.
tomorrow is another day. Oh, but i am on the road all day and will be eating out two out of three meals. Good luck to me.

Mama Nicole
12-14-2007, 11:46 PM
Hi friends :)
I am still here, and I am doing pretty good being OP. I have been busy playing Santa the last couple of days, and today I HAD to unbury my house. I left the kids home alone quite a bit this week.......and that means only one thing......DISASTER!!!! I will check in again soon. Keep working hard everyone :)
XOXO

Dan2112
12-15-2007, 02:20 AM
Good evening ladies!

Just back from the store with what I hope will be the last things we'll need for our annual Christmas party tomorrow night...

We're skipping the nachos this year, in favor of some homemade (lower sodium) salsa.. I'm smoking a salmon tomorrow and we'll have brisket, smoked by a coworker.. Since both are homemade, they will be much lower in sodium, preservatives and other nasty stuff you'd find in store bought stuff.

There will be sweet stuff too, of course.. I made some of my somewhat healthier mini-eclairs. The recipe calls for 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, but when you figure I get at least 30 eclairs from one batch, that cuts your fat content way down.. Also, there's very little salt added (1/8 tsp). My fillings are all low or no fat and sugar free. The only added sugar is the topping, melted semi-sweet morsels... While I was at Wal Mart tonight, I spied a box of mini eclairs that looked just like mine, but filled with custard.. They had 240 calories each and contained 14 g's of fat.. YIKES!!!!

We'll also have a veggie tray, of course, but there will be cheese and crackers, so we'll have to really watch ourselves!!

Becky.. Don't fret.. Yes, there's a lot of information to take in, but if you charge into it head on, you can get lost.. Take your time, ask as many questions as you like but definetely explore the sticky posts.. There's also LOTS of great recipies for you to discover...

Have a good night.. Time for bed!!

dolphn545
12-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

Hope everyone is doing well.

I plan on hitting the COD today, requesting all the bars they owe me (if there are any left on the shelfs), and requesting all the info for maintenance. Even though I have a ways to go, I want my own paper copy of the maintenance info. And Since as was stated earlier by somebody (Dan I believe) -- if the company is going into bankrupt, we will be SOL and should not plan on a refund. :(

Hope everyone has a great POP day. I will check back in later.

ferrarimomof2
12-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Good morning everyone,

Good luck Dan on the party tonight. I am sure you will do great and those eclairs sound great.

I went to the movies with my son last night and out to eat. I was so proud that I was able to stick to my plan. We went to Chili's to eat and I got the Guiltless chicken platter. It had grilled chicken and a lot of steamed vegetables and some rice. I was not to found of the rice but I ate it due to I needed another starch. And I took Cecil's advice and took a lite with me to the theater. It all worked out great.

I have to go Christmas shopping since I have done very little. It has been in the 70's here in Mobile, which makes it really hard to get in the mood for Christmas shopping. I mean you could almost Christmas is less than 2 weeks away with Spring temps outside. And not to mention my husband has been out of the country. I like to go shopping for the kids with him.

I hope everyone has a great day. I will try to check in later.

Dan2112
12-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Morning all!

Just a quick check in before we head out for Liz and the kids' best testing at Taekwon Do. Liz and Danny are going for their yellow belts and Alexandra is testing for her blue stripes (to add to her green belt).

After that it's back to the house for final clean up for the party...

Dionne - Nicely done at the movies... I'm afraid I've never been able to break the habit of having popcorn, but at least when I do that now, I have less than I used to...

cecil
12-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Dionne, I am glad the movie and dinner went well! I knew it would!
Dan Good luck at your party tonight! You will do fine!
I had my bf's party last it went pretty well. They had an Apps. Bar but the stuff on it wasn't that bad. I only had the cold shrimp and Fruit and Cheese kabobs. Dinner we has a salad but they only had regular dressind so I used a tiny bit. And then dinner was amazing! Not all bad. Steak Oscar which is Steak with Crab on top with a butter sauce ( not good for you I am sure) And then a twice baked potatoe. Which I only at half of. Oh yeah and Asparagus. Yum! Yesterday was the end of my sober binge, I drank alcohol! ooops! I kinda over did it! But I was having so much fun! I had 4 glasses of wine and 3 light beers. Yeah I know Plus all that I ate! Not good. So today I will be good! Plus I am going to do some shopping so I will be getting some excercise! Well any way I feel like I just confessed to all of you! Have a great weekend!

dolphn545
12-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Well, I'm back. Can't say I'm too happy right now. :mad::devil:
As I figured, the shelves at the COD were practically bare. When I was in last week, I had 9 boxes of lites coming to me, but when I went in today, they said a mistake had been made in my chart and they only owed me 4(how convenient). :eek: And to top it off, they didn't have any lites that I liked. I ended up substituting other things for the lites. (Slim downs, meal replacements, breakfast bars). I guess I will have to use another substitute when my stash of lites runs out.

I did not get to WI -- they are no longer seeing clients. :( they are only open for those who are owed stuff to go in and pick up. So now I have to wait to invest in a digital scale and start to do the WI at home.

I did get a refund request form to mail in, and I got the info for stabilization. They were out of the info for maintenance. I'm not to that point yet, but I did want a hard copy for myself to have, since I probably will not be seeing the refund for my maintenance and stabilization weeks.

I was getting a little snippy with the manager there (the only one working). But I could not help it. Yes I understand they are losing their job before Christmas, but I'm out $$ too (along with thousands of other people).

Sorry -- just had to vent a bit.

As I said in an earlier post, you will be seeing more of me. I need the accountability of people, and even after getting my own digital scale, I don't think that will be enough.

Thanks for listening!

dolphn545
12-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

Where is everybody? Anybody get hit with some winter weather? I woke up this a.m. to the wind, and only a couple inches on my car. It's supposed to be sleet/freezing rain today.

Dan & Liz - how was the party last night?

Well, I weighed myself on my home scale (which is not digital by the way), and adjusted my ticker according to that. I will have to go by those numbers until Christmas, when I get my own digital scale.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Stay warm & POP!!

lizababe
12-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Sherry - I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that at COD. Thank goodness for this forum here and the former employees who are also on here helping out. I feel for everyone, those who lost money and those losing their jobs.

For those who need a digital scale, I found a pretty good deal on one. If you sign up for a google account and use that checkout, you get $10 off your first purchase. That brings the price for the WW digital scale to $34.99 and shipping is free. http://www.buy.com/prod/Weight-Watchers-WW21-Digital-Bathroom-Scale-330-lb-x-0-5-lb/q/loc/63024/203322713.html

Dan2112
12-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi there...

Well, the party went well.. It's 2 pm here and we've just been kind of stumbling around... Liz is still in bed.. She was up earlier to have some breakfast, and get load of dishes done, but then went back to bed.. :lol:

Our last guests left last night around 12:30, so it was a late night...

We were pretty good, in so far that we didn't over indulge in anything.. We had lots of veggies and the salmon of course... I was so busy cooking I really didn't get a chance to actually sit and eat, so i just picked at stuff.. But again, I exercised a lot of moderation in everything (except perhaps the wine)... We went through a LOT of wine last night.. Everyone was in the mood for liquid fruit, I guess...

Anyway, time to get some more cleaning done.. And I need to pick up the dogs from grandma's house, where they spent the night...

Talk to you soon!

JerseyMadchen
12-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Hey guys!

I hope everyone's weekend is going well!

I was lucky enough to get to my COD right when they brought in a new shipment of bars, etc. So, I got the 6 owed me, the 17 owed my mom, as well as $100 in product. The regional manager was there and gave me $100 worth of lites, cereal bars, drinks, etc. I was SO lucky. The woman that came in behind me was owed 79 boxes! Ahh!!!

Well, we must go on! I bought a scale at Target this weekend, a digital one that also tells your BMI... it was just $24.99, can't complain.

Good luck to everyone. POP WEEK!!!

amylou7777
12-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Hi all! Well it wasn't quite a POP weekend. I missed quite a few veggies and went over on my starches today. I have been running around trying to get xmas stuff done. I did most of my gift shopping online--but I need things for my dinner and for my house guests. So I'm exhausted!

Glad you all had a good weekend and were conscious of what you were putting in your body-even if it was a little off plan! There's no reason to not let go and have fun everyonce in a while!

Amy-glad you got your bars!

I'm getting over the shock and bitterness and realizing that I can totally do this on my own (witn you guys of course!).

Karen, Carrie- So good to hear from you guys!

Nicole-I'm still not used to you being away so often. I'm sure it's busy around your house!

Joni- how was the cruise!?

Alright, time to get the house in order and pack a POP lunch for tomorrow! Night all!

lizababe
12-17-2007, 01:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm glad for those of you who are having good experiences and able to get your products.

I haven't been POP this weekend. Not over indulging but not eating enough. It's been busy.

I joined my friend at her house that was in the burn area. The fire came through twice and burned right up to the pasture where her cows are enclosed. It's just amazing that the house was spared and the cows! Anyway, we cleared some brush and burned trees and did a controlled fire. There's a lot more to do. The drive out there is just amazing. I knew how big it was because I flew over it and was reporting on it but I'm still in awe. Now new growth is starting up so it's a contrast of green coming up under the black. It's also strange to not see any trees out there. Dan, your heart would be broken over the trees that burned.. but you'd be proud to see how many houses are still there knowing that your guys made sure of that. It obvious how hard those firefighters worked to save those homes!

Anyway, time to finish putting the stuff from dinner away, fold the laundry, let the dog out to check his peemail and get to bed. It's 10:20 PM and I'm up past my bedtime as it is. *sigh* looks like this is my last day off at least through New Year's too :-(

POP dreams everyone!

michie
12-17-2007, 03:57 AM
hey liza where in san diego are you? which center do you go to? I too live in san diego and i go to the mission valley center. such a small small world, isn't it???

michie
12-17-2007, 04:12 AM
ok so i just typed this very long post about how i got food poisoning this weekend while i was doing To and other random things... then i got logged out and when i logged back in it was gone. that is annoying! that is the gist anyway! hope everyone has a great week!