100 lb. Club - Accountability / Menus / Planning Dec 10th-16th

mj5
12-10-2007, 06:42 AM
Do you need some accountability? Well come on over! This is a great place to get it!

mj5
12-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Official weigh in day for me and..........I am down 3 lbs! I'll take it! I have to go change my ticker, then get ready for work....freezing rain heading our way and I want to give myself extra time for my drive to work!

Have a great day!

Beverlyjoy
12-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Hi folks -

Yesterday was good I had a wonderful, wonderful storytelling yesterday at a company Christmas party. They had so many fun things for the children to do: crafts, a balloon man, a train to give them rides around the factory, Santa, snacks, a "fishing pond" to catch fun prizes, a secret santa area where the kids could select presents for their parents and a storyteller. The kids had a blast. I don't think companies do much of that anymore. It was my third year there...I am happy to be part of this fun day. (I don't do parties very often.) PS - I just drank water while of was there.

Today -
- going to see the foot doctor today
- water, stretches, journal food, meditate
- finish Christmas shopping
- paperwork in my office

food -

breakfast - grits, flax & ff cheese, 1/2 banana
snack - brocolli
lunch - egg white salad sandwich with lf cheese, open face, green bean salad (canned green beans with Kraft Light Done Right Red Wine & Vinegar dressin - quick and yummy)
snack - baked apple with cinnimon and oatmeal on it
dinner - blueberry 12 grain pancakes, turkey bacon, sf syrup
snack - cherrios, 1/2 banana, milk

schmoodle - hmmm...ricotta cheese - good idea. CONGRATS on being in ONEDERLAND :carrot: That's awesome and a wonderful accomplishment.

Nicolen - sorry to hear about your stressful weekend. Oh my goodness! - I am glad your neighbors fire didn't effect your home. Glad you're OK.

Mavesse - yes, the corn dogs are yummy....I hope you can find them. (frozen food section with the Health/Vegetarian foods)

rakel - Hi!

Sara - hmmm, Crock pot chicken and veggie stew - Good idea.

suchaprettyface - Good for you - cooking ahead for the week. Great planning.

purplefirefly - an sugar free weekend...excellent!

mj5 - LOVE those good deals when shopping and just about done...GREAT. Hope you had fun decorating the tree.

Have a great day.

Beverlyjoy
12-10-2007, 06:51 AM
:smug: mj5......great job on the three pounds down!

GirlyGirlSebas
12-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Good morning, 3FC Friends.

Schmoodle - :congrat: What Onederful news!
MJ - Congrats on the 3 pound loss. You're really rocking!
Beverlyjoy - Hope the visit with the foot doctor goes well today.

Well, I'm back in the game today. Hubby planned our menu's for the week and went grocery shopping last night. As of this morning, there is no sugar in the house.:carrot: I honestly can't believe that I've decided to get back on-plan now instead of waiting until January 1st. Maybe this ole girl has learned some new tricks this year.:D

Today's plan - Southbeach foods only, three meals and two snacks. Will do 30 minutes on the treadmill if my energy level is okay. I'm expecting some sugar withdrawal today and for the next couple of days.

Menu -
Breakfast - V8 and two slices of turkey bacon (just discovered that I forgot to turn on the crockpot last night....so no steelcut oatmeal for me today.:()
Snack - Celery and natural peanut butter
Lunch - Turkey Sausage with peppers and onions plus some steamed broccoli
Snack - Smoothie with Unsweetened Soymilk, vanilla SF yogurt, a banana and strawberries.
Dinner - Grilled chicken, sauteed yellow squash.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

jillybean720
12-10-2007, 07:52 AM
I could definitely use some accountability, so I am going to join in here. I already had McD's for breakfast, so that was a bad choice, but rather than say, "hey, my day is already ruined, so I'll just start again tomorrow," I'm going to instead say, "well, breakfast could have been better, but I still have the rest of the day to make better choices!"

So here's the plan for the rest of the day:

2 packets lower sugar oatmeal
Smart Ones chicken parm frozen meal
lasagna (homemade w/ww noodles and reduced fat cheese)
natural no sugar added applesauce (if I feel the need for an evening snack, which I often do without--we'll see what tonight brings)Also, if it's not raining, I'll take my puppies out for a walk around the neighborhood :^:

Schmoodle
12-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Here's today's menu:
B - Scrambled eggs and tomatoes, turkey bacon, V8
S - peanut butter celery and carrots
L - open faced turkey meatloaf sandwich, salad
S - clementine and a latte
D - Chicken Stir Fry
S - Ricotta creme

lol, Rhonda, yours and mine look a lot alike today! Glad to have you back on board!
Hi jillybean, I'm sure the rest of your day will be great!
mj5, 3 lbs is awesome! I haven't had a 3 lb week in a long time...
nicolen, wishing you a calm and stress-free week.
beverlyjoy, the ricotta is a south beach thing, though lots of people hate it, I don't mind it. I usually have Fage Greek yogurt in the evening with agave nectar and almonds, but I'm out of all three of those things, so I'll have ricotta with cocoa powder, splenda, and vanilla extract stirred in.

Happy on-plan Monday chicks!

Purplefirefly
12-10-2007, 09:52 AM
GirlyGirlSebasWelcome to sugar withdraw :goodvibes sounds like you have been there before, so hopefully won't be too bad. I think I'm okay with it now...but this weekend we have two birthday parties and Christmas party, so we'll see how I survive not eating all the goodies there :stress: Shouldn't be too bad, since hubby can't have it either now. If he can do it, so can I.

I only lost 1 lb. this week...thanks to my little binge last night taking away a lb. I've been showing gone half the week :mad: it's okay, I will do better this week, and am happy to have one.

Plan for this week: stick to daily calories, moving onto week 3 of JM exercise plan, and I'm going to go out to the track and walk since it has suddenly jumped back up into the 70's here!

Today: 1800 calories
NO SUGAR
30 min. walk on track
JM workout
6 bottles water

nicolen
12-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Morning everyone,

I'm starting to wonder if I've got something tattooed on my forehead. At the gym last night, I was just getting started with my workout when the fire alarms went off and we had to evacuate. Stood outside for around 20 minutes before we got the all clear. Still, I had a good workout once I got back inside and I'm feeling it today.

I had a look at the boundary fence when I got home last night - it was too dark on Sunday night and I didn't have time yesterday morning - and one of the palings is a little bit scorched on the neighbour's side of the fence. I can live with that - once it's repainted it won't be noticeable.

Work is absolutely mad - we've hit the point where everyone is demanding that everything gets done before Christmas and at this time of the year it's probably not going to happen - our repairers and tradespeople are just as busy as we are. It'll be like that for the rest of the week and barring any disasters we'll be quiet next week and through Christmas and New Year. It'll give us a chance to catch up which is good.

Today's plan - gym again after work and go from there. I'm hoping to have as good a workout today as yesterday.

MJ, go you! You're doing awesomely!

Beverly, good on you for sticking to water despite all the temptations there must have been! You must have felt fantastic when you got home for doing that!

Rhonda, welcome back! We've missed you!

Jilly, welcome aboard! What sort of puppies have you got? I want a dog, but it's not very practical living where I am at the moment. When I move perhaps...

Schmoodle, you're doing so well at the moment! Fantastic stuff!

Purple, sounds like a great day! Good for you!

Have fun everyone! :hug:

Purplefirefly
12-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Got out to the track and walked 35 minutes...felt good to be out in the sun! My toe that I broke a few months back started to really hurt on my last lap. It has not bothered me exercising at home...and soon as I got in the car it stopped hurting completely :?: I plan to go again tomorrow...if my JM workout doesn't kill me tonight :lol:

hellokitty81668
12-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Good morning all,
Mj5.. Congrats on the 3lb loss!!!
Rhonda.. sugar withdraw is not fun..
welcome jillybean!!
I hope everyone is doing great!!
I am still struggling with snacks.. same old, I know.. I know I will be able to overcome it, but I am not giving up.. I know I will succeed.
I did my exercising today 42 minutes on the elliptical and 14 minutes of general exercises.. and I was thinking of not exercising, silly me.
bkfst.. 7 grain hot cereal, banana, honey
lunch.. 2 smart dogs and 2 double fiber wheat buns, mustard
snacks.. fage 2% yogurt, pear and 3 dried apricots.
dinner...... I am not sure :(.. I know this is bad, making kids quesidillas, maybe I will have some ff refried beans with a salad and 2 corn tortillas.. that is healthy.
. if I get hungry for more snacks.. it will be oranges or yogurt.. I can do this!!
cheryl

xtrisaratops
12-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I have come to the conclusion that "everything in moderation" does not work for me. Lunch, for example, was totally unplanned thanks to some last-time junk that came up and had to be tended to immediately, so where did boyfriend and I end up? That's right, a greasy pizza joint. I told myself I would have TWO slices of veggie pizza, drink lots of water, and then stick exactly to plan for the rest of the day. Yeah, nice try, sweetheart. Pizza makes me want to binge. Badly. Once it hits my mouth, I want more of everything, including things I don't even LIKE.

It's disgusting, so I'm now putting certain things "off limits". I'm also going to start a sugar detox, because I've been eating entirely too much of it lately, and it makes me feel terrible. I hate the crash it gives me after it all wears off, much like caffeine does.

Instead of just saying, "Well, I've already blown it, I might as well eat what I want!", I'm going to try to do as much damage control as possible. Dinner will be salad of some sort, even though it's freezing cold outside. I'll find some way to dress it up a bit and make it more appealing to me.

Because my tattoo is on my foot, I haven't been able to do any sort of formal exercise lately, and it's grinding on me. Doctor says he doesn't want me doing any anyway because my knee is giving me fits again, but I just feel incredibly lazy. It's driving me batty.

...Short drive, though.

Slashnl
12-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Well, I wasn't very accountable over the weekend.... I was a little too free with myself. But, I'm back on track today. I can't tell you how I did for weigh in because my scale was damaged when our hot water heater leaked. So, I bought another one and we'll see how it goes!

Sara: Good plan on having the off limit food. Pizza is a tough one for me, too. I can relate!

Cheryl: Good job on getting the exercise in!

Purple: Hopefully you won't continue to have problems with your foot. Sometimes it is hard to bounce back from those things.

Jilly: Welcome! I always like to read what you post, so I'm glad you're here!

Have a good week everyone!

xtrisaratops
12-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Diane--Good for you for getting right back on track!

Jilly--Welcome to the madness!

Purple--Owwies, yeah, I have a toe that I slammed in a car door a couple years back and when it gets really cold out, I have to buddy-tape it to the toe next to it, otherwise it kills me. I hope it gets better!

I'm not even thinking about the scale right now. I want to get healthy habits established before I worry about a number, so that when the numbers DON'T do what I want them to, I have something to fall back on, other than food.

Purple--I know you've been doing the "no sugar" thing, and I'm really going to try a sugar detox. In terms of withdraw, what was the hardest period of time for you? First week? Two weeks? What kind of time-frame am I looking at?

I want to have something I can tell myself..."Quit crying, you big baby, it only lasts a week!"

Schmoodle
12-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Sara, I did the sugar detox on Phase I of South Beach last spring. As I recall, I felt a little jittery and cranky for about 3 - 4 days and by the end of the first week, the cravings were gone. Some of the beach chicks complain about a "flu-like" feeling or a headache, but their symptoms seem to clear up by the 4th day or so. The old time beachy chicks advise to make sure you get some dairy and some beans every day to help with the ickies. Once you're through the "detox" it is such a relief to not crave the sweet stuff anymore. I would never have believed it was possible until I tried it myself. I was a confirmed sugar-holic and could easily polish off an entire bag of candy or box of cookies in a day. So, if I can do it, I know you can too!

Purplefirefly
12-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Sara-- The hardest for me was the first three days. I actually posted where I went to the store, ended up standing looking around like a cocaine addict on a street corner, it was this wild feeling that I just HAD to have SOMETHING. I left the store with a headache, but no sugar. That was I think the second night. Now I am about two weeks without sugar and I am feeling much better. I threw out ALL sugar in my house and watched regular foods, if it has sugar in the first 5 ingredients I don't eat it.

Cravings did go away after 5 or 6 days..but now, if I see something I do still feel tempted. If I put it out of my eyesight and have a healthy snack it goes away...like nonfat yogurt or a piece of fruit helps. I also chewed sugar free gum A LOT that first week. I know you can do it, just get that committment in your head and don't listen to the excuses you tell yourself, it will be better within a few days, and much better after the first week.

I stuck to my calories today, got in 5 bottles of water and the 6th will be while I do my JM workout in a few minutes...and I got cardio out on the track, which it's been awhile for that. I feel good today :)

xtrisaratops
12-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Mrehh. I guess standing in a store looking like a cocaine addict won't hurt me any, since I was one up until about a year ago XD

My mom tried to do South Beach, and couldn't make it past the sugar detox. Seeing her crash and burn like that really stuck with me, because she's normally such a dedicated person that she can fight through things like that.

Did you guys that have done it have any mood swings or irritability issues? I remember my mom was totally unpleasant while she tried it. I'm a bit afraid of starting it during the holiday season, because there are already lots of sugary treats in my house, but I feel like it would give me another "excuse" to pass on all of those things that I don't need.

GirlyGirlSebas
12-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Did you guys that have done it have any mood swings or irritability issues?

Yes, extreme mood swings. It is almost as bad as when I quit smoking. But, eating tons of sugar each day also had a negative impact on my mood. It makes me majorly depressed and tired all of the time. Like Schmoodle said, the withdrawal symptoms only last for three to four days. Then, I feel better than ever....energetic, optimistic, sleeping better....and, losing weight.:D Eating beans or some other form of protein with every meal and snack really helps. Today was day one again for me. I elected not to go back on phase 1 of Southbeach as I really can't stand the thought of another two weeks without my fruit, bread and steel-cut oatmeal. I've decided to carry on with Phase 2 and see how it goes. This afternoon, I was feeling extremely sluggish. I had a smoothie for a snack and my energy returned.

Purplefirefly
12-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Mrehh. I guess standing in a store looking like a cocaine addict won't hurt me any, since I was one up until about a year ago XD

Oh, I did not mean anything bad by it...but that was the only way I could think to explain that feeling where you are standing there and just feel you need it to take another step, waiting for someone to just hand it to you. It was the worst feeling I have ever felt! Wow, if you have come off cocaine you ca do ANYTHING :hug: I had no idea, so I am so so sorry if it offended you! I relate to what I imagine that feeling is, that's all.

I did have irritability, but not mood swings. I just didn't feel good the first two days, then the third was just snappy with people, then the fourth on I felt really good, energetic and not wanting to go back.

Schmoodle
12-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah, the first few days, DH told me I was being a cranky b**ch, but it passes. At least I had an excuse that week!

xtrisaratops
12-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Lol, no harm done at all Purple! It really doesn't bother me at all. It's just part of who I am, and I have to live with that. :hug:

I'm hoping the mood swings don't kill me. Boyfriend may have to take a hike for a few days, so I don't scar him permanently. Hehe, as if he's not already scarred.

Purplefirefly
12-10-2007, 11:10 PM
:fr: I just did the first day of week 3 on JM workout plan, and oh god...I feel like I'm going to throw up! It's the same plan I did the past two weeks, it just adds in another move to each circuit...mountain climbers, oh god! I could not do them for a whole minute, so was doing them in sets of 30, then jogging in place and going down again. I just really feel like I am going to throw up now...though I am very proud I made it all the way through! I think it is because I downed a 20 oz. bottle of water right before I did the workout:?: I always do that, but this is by far a more intense workout...maybe I don't need water until I get more used to this?

I can't see myself moving on from this in just two weeks :^:

xtrisaratops
12-10-2007, 11:27 PM
I know that feeling!

Sounds sad, but the first time I did the 1 Mile WATP dvd all the way through without stopping and without modifying, I felt like I was going to throw up, then die, then come back to life, throw up again, and die once more.

I want my tattoo to finish healing so that I can lace up my sneakers and get back to work! I feel incredibly lazy lately, and I don't want to get into a habit of this.

Even though I'm not supposed to do anything on the treadmill or repetitive until my knee gets stronger, I can surely do some light stretching or cardio or SOMETHING.

Beverlyjoy
12-11-2007, 05:57 AM
Hi folks... I got most of my Christmas shopping done yesterday. So glad...just need to pick up a couple of things. The foot doctor told me that my foot is as good as it will get...I need to wear a specially made ankle and foot brace (it hurts my back when I wear it though...ugg). I hurt my foot in an accident 18 monthes ago. But, I'll take it slow and work it out.

Plans for today:

- I am going to the warm water pool today
- meditation, water, journalling food, stretches
- office work ( six confirmation letters to get out)
- board meeting tonight

food -

breakfast - ff cottage cheese, 1/2 banana, pnb toast
snack - carrots
lunch - open face turkey pastrami and ff cheese sandwich, asparagus
snack - applesauce and ff cheese
dinner - grilled salmon, green beans, baked potato
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk

Rhonda - Terrific in not waiting til Jan 1. (That's my usual MO)

Jillybean - Hi...fun times walking your puppies - Great! What kind?

Mj5 - hmmm - yum - stir fry, give me an idea. Thanks for the ricotta ideas...I love ricotta cheese.

purplefirefly - one pound gone!!! - wonderful (hey, remember, it's December, too) Glad your toe stoped aching. Great job on that JM workout!!!

Nicole - thank goodness it was just your fence impacted by your neighbors horrible fire.

Hellokitty - Hi! You have a good plan for the day and all the exercising too. Great!

Sara - hope your knee feels better (been there..ouch) Drink lots of water while detoxing. Yes, you might be grouchy going thru withdrawal...but, worth it cause you'll feel better.

Slashnl - good luck with your new scale.

I hope you all have a GREAT day.

GirlyGirlSebas
12-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Good morning, 3FC Friends!

Purple - Congrats on the pound loss! :carrot:
Jill - So glad you decided to join us on this thread. I find that the daily accountability does make a big difference for me.
Schmoodle and Cheryl - talk to me about this greek yogurt. Does it taste any different than regular yogurt or is it just creamier? Does it come in sugar free?
Nicole - Hope your work week turns out easier than it looks now.
Sara - How goes the detox? Hang in there. You'll be amazed at how much better you'll feel afterward.
Diane - I'm sorry, but I just had to laugh about the scales. Looks like you werent meant to weigh-in this week. I'm sure you'll have a doubly great weigh-in next week!
Beverlyjoy - Looks like you're another one with a busy work schedule today. Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Made it through day 1 on-plan. I slept so much better last night than I have for the last 2-3 months. And, ta-da!...the scales are already dropping. Honestly, I know the first few pounds is water weight, but downward movement on the scales is still a major reward and I love it.

Today's plan - Stay on-plan with Southbeach foods, three meals a day and snacks.

Today's menu -
Breakfast - Steelcut oatmeal, 2 slices of turkey sausage and V8 juice.
Snack - Natural peanut butter and celery
Lunch - Grilled chicken breast and steamed veggies
Snack - Cup of Tuscan White Bean soup
Dinner - Spinach and goat cheese stuffed chicken with small side salad.
Snack - 1/2 cup of SF Butter pecan ice cream

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

Purplefirefly
12-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Today:
No Sugar
1600 calories
JM workout
1 hour cardio
6 bottles water

I am using JM book to determine my calories for the week, then spreading them out so I eat a different amount each day as she recommends. It felt strange to have 1800 calories yesterday, way more than I would normally eat. But, the scale was showing another lb. down this morning and I woke up starving, so maybe there is something to this. I might not have been eating enough before, who knows.

Sebas-- Congrats on that first day, it is so tough getting back on plan!

Beverly-- You are so lucky to be done shopping! I am almost done with my own kids, but have the in laws and my neices/nephews still.

Sara-- Can you get some handweights and do some strength training? Maybe some squats since that doesn't require movement? You really could do a lot with your upper body strength just sitting down or standing with your legs spread a bit.

jillybean720
12-11-2007, 09:13 AM
heh, unfortunately, posting doesn't create much "accountability" for me, apparently, as yesterday did not even come close to my plan. I had a salad from Cheesecake Factory for lunch and Subway for dinner. Still could have been worse, but also could have been much better.

Today, I can at least say I skipped the McD's breakfast (woohoo! it's become a bit of an addiction lately). I had a bowl of organic cereal w/skim milk at home before I left, and 2 whole wheat bagels (tiny ones--100 calories each) with garden vegetable cream cheese at the office.

I did go grocery shopping last night, so I've set myself up for a bit more success, hopefully. I know pbj sandwiches are GREAT snacks for me, so I bought my favorite whole-grain bread (50 cals per slice), natural peanut butter (peanuts as the ONLY ingredient), and all natural fruit spread. I also got 100-calorie small whole-wheat bagels, pineapple tidbits (my favorite fruit! packed in juice, of course), and some cans of soup to keep at work for those days I just don't want my frozen meal for lunch.

Baby steps...my goal today is not to eat out at ALL--eat what I brought for lunch, skipped the McD's breakfast, and make a real dinner this evening!

Beverly--yikes, I'm not even CLOSE to done with my Christmas shopping! I may have to make this weekend a marathon shopping weekend...

xtrisaratops--man, I hear ya on the WATP; it's brutal to go from couch potato to even just doing the 1 mile!

purplefirefly--drinking water prior to a workout always makes me feel like I'm going to be sick. Instead, I sip the water a bit during the workout and then drink more afterwards. Trying to exercise with a whole bottle of water sloshing around in my tummy just doesn't work.

For those who asked, my fiance and I have 2 puppies that are Corgi/Jack Russell/Chihuahua mixes. They are from the same litter, but we took the biggest and the runt from the litter, so our male, Bowser, is over 11 pounds, and his sister, Bean, is just over 4 pounds. Bowser looks like a Corgi all around except that he has solid buff coloring with just a small white spot on his chest, and Bean looks like a Chihuahua with coloring that looks almost exactly like a reindeer (white lower legs, white tummy, white shest, white chin, light brown everywhere else). They were born August 1, so they're a bit over 4 months old. They definitely keep us busy! :dizzy:

Alright, time to get back to work...

Schmoodle
12-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Bonjour mes poules!
Le menu du jour:

B - open faced turkey meatloaf sandwich, grape tomatoes, coffee
S - V8 and string cheese
L - leftover chicken stir fry
S - latte, peanut butter apple
D - Maryland crab soup, salad
S - ricotta creme

Tres elegant, n'est-ce-pas?

Rhonda, WTG, one day down! The greek yogurt is thicker and creamier, but I also think it's less tart than regular. At least the Fage brand is. It is plain yogurt, NSA, so the only sugars are the natural milk sugars. I get it at Trader Joe's, but they've also started carrying it at my grocery store recently. It's so yummy! Particularly with some toasted almonds and a drizzle of agave nectar. One of the SB chicks turned me on to it.
purplefirefly, sounds like you've hit on something that works for you! Was your advice to Sara meant to sound dirty? Or is that just my dirty mind?:o
Hope you are less cranky today Sara! I'll tell you what I told my daughter - serves you right for getting a nose piercing (replace with "tattoo on your foot")! She was mad at me, so you can be too!:mad: Yes, I am an old fogie!
Have a great day BeverlyJoy!

mj5
12-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone! Wow, lots of posts! I love it!!!! Don't have too much time, but wanted to pop in quick. Went to the gym last night right after work--only had time for some cardio, but did well. Dinner was 'ok' I was doing well w/ my choice, until I got there and there were the chips....it was a Tex-Mex place and they make their own chips....yea, I caved! I didn't eat many, but the sodium--YIKES! Good news is, I drank lots of water yesteray and will drink lots today too, so it will be ok.

Plan for today is: I did yoga this am, just ate breakfast, I remembered to pack my lunch (yea!), gym right after work-weights and cardio, then lots to do at home (isn't there always!).

I'll try to pop back in later. Remember: we can all do this!!!

Have a great day!

nicolen
12-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Morning lovely ladies!

I'm posting on the fly today because I'm running very late today. It's our team Christmas function tonight, so I need to make a couple of stops before I get to work to pick up things. I've been asked to pick up nibbles, so I'm going to be as healthy as I can and grab some cherries and something else.

Yesterday was stinking hot - we got to 34 deg C which is about normal for mid January. The humidity was nasty, though and I feel quite drained. Today's promising much the same - I wish it would just rain as the fire risk around here is starting to climb, which isn't good for this early in the summer. Already today we're about 17 deg C and the forecast high is 27. Given that the forecast high yesterday was 22...yeah.

OK, I have got to get ready for work - I'm supposed to leave for work in 20 minutes and I'm nowhere near ready.

rakel
12-11-2007, 12:05 PM
I second MJ -- a lot of posts, wow!

Jill -- welcome!
Beverly -- backatcha ;)

Well, yesterday I met my step-mother and step brother for lunch. They are visiting Florida so my step-brother can check out some colleges in the area (they are from Illinois, where I used to live of course), so it was nice to see them. They wanted to see the ocean before they left, so we drove up to Daytona Beach and then I took them to the airport.

As for food, I didn't do that great, and the day was so packed I didn't have time to exercise either. Namely, John brought chicken tenders home for dinner because they are cheap, and I wolfed down two 7-11 cookies in record speed, after stopping in 7-11/Citgo to buy some gas with the cash my step-mom gave me. I was starving and looking for something sweet. I knew I shouldn't have done it but I definitely had a weak moment, but it's time to brush myself off and proceed. I doubt I really gained real weight though, so I will be exercising as usual today and sticking to my plan. So far I've had a granola bar, and an open faced tuna salad sandwich with apricot pieces and lettuce on whole wheat bread (not enriched or bleached!). in a few hours I'll have some soup and salad, and for dinner I'll probably make a stir fry.

Purplefirefly
12-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Schmoodle--no, nothing was meant to be dirty :lol: I had to scroll back down just to figure out what might have been dirty! Talking purely exercise...and not that kind :o

Rakel--acknowledge the slip and get back at it...you're doing the smart thing. I think most people will have those slips from time to time.

Besides tracking my calories, I have not done anything today...haven't even had a bottle of water yet :( I just felt lazy this morning so while son was at preschool I laid on the couch and watched a TV show from the DVR, and now that he is home it's so nice outside I sat on the porch swing while he played in the sandbox and the dog chased him around the yard. Normally i would join in, but I just feel very low energy.

I am going now to open a bottle of water and clean the house for an hour, then have to pick up daughter from school and will take them to the park so I can walk the field while they play...have to get my cardio in somehow today, and I don't think my toe wants to be on the hard track again, that hurt so bad yesterday.

xtrisaratops
12-11-2007, 01:37 PM
*sighs* I had planned on getting up early and doing some yoga and stretches, but, thanks to insomnia and going to sleep at 5 AM, it's now 12:30 and I'm barely awake.

So, I think I'm going to get around, take a shower, drink some water, then decide how hungry I ate. I may just cut up a nice salad and go from there. I have some oranges and bananas that need to be eaten, so I'm sure I'll find slots for those at some point during the day/next few days. Dinner will probably be stir fry of some sort, because Rakel mentioned it and it sounds yummy.

Sugar detox is moving along, rather painfully. I never realized how much I try to reach for sugary crap until now, ugh. I'm just trying to make more filling meal choices, drink more water, and fall back on sheer will-power at times. I'll survive it, I'm sure. I've survived worse.

I actually have been doing some upper body strength work, but I still feel lazy. I have some stretchy yoga/pilates bands that I use whenever I'm just sitting watching TV or when I'm doing something that requires me to be still on the bottom and mobile on the top. I guess just the lack of cardio makes me feel like I'm failing somehow, like I'm only doing this half-heartedly. My heart's in it, but right now, my body isn't.

It'll change soon, though. Doctor can't keep me still forever!

mj5
12-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Ok, I'm back. If I missed you, it certainly was not on purpose! It is SO awesome to see so many posts! Thank you all for the ++ comments! I haven't had a 3lb loss is a long, long time either. Kind of funny that I am coming out of my slump right before the holidays, but that's ok, I'll take it!

Beverlyjoy--That party sounds like so much fun! Sorry to hear about your foot. I hope the warm water pool helps it feel better.

Rhonda--YEA! Good for you for being on plan! Were you able to get on the treadmill?

Jillybean--Good for you for not giving up the rest of the day! Your puppies sound so cute! I have two beagles and they are my 'babies'. Totally spoiled (my fault) and I love them like crazy! Some days I think they are the only things that keep me sane!

Schmoodle--Congratulations!!!!!

Purplefirefly--Sounds like you have a great plan!

Nicole--Oh no!!! Just take one thing at a time at work (advice I should follow myself....) you can do it! You are doing awesome!

Cheryl--Awesome! Good for you for exercising even though you were thinking about not doing it!

Sara--good luck w/ the sugar detox! Let that tattoo heal--you'll be glad in the long run! I hope your knee feels better soon!

Diane--Oh no, leaky water heater, that doesn't sound good!

Rakel--Hope you had fun w/ your family.

I have to say, I give those of you who are giving up sugar a lot of credit. I am making an effort to cut back, but to eliminate it, wow. Great job!!!!

Ok, I have to get back to work and have a small snack. Almost time to go to the gym.

Have a great night!

skinnyscrubgirl
12-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi everyone! I'm julie. I was on MRC program 5 years ago and I lost 35 lbs. They were so wonderful and it was a healthy way to lose weight. Unfortunately over the past couple of years I've regained it all. So, I called them yesterday and made an appointment for my free consultation. It's on Dec. 28th. I have about 35-40 lbs to lose! I already know this haha I'm 5'8'' and I weigh 183 and my goal is to be 145. My main problem is accountability. It's like one day I'll start eating right and by the end of the day I'm like ooooo Pizza. I'll start my diet tomorrow. It's just an endless cycle and I'm tired of it. I need help!!! I think MRC are the only ones that can help me!!

Purplefirefly
12-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Going to show my ingnorance here probably, but what is MRC?

rakel
12-11-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm stressing out something major with money... John still has no job and we have hardly any money in the bank account. *sigh* I won't be able to splurge on sweet treats, but the quality of food we can afford right now is NOT good. I'm just hoping we make some money somehow soon.

Purplefirefly
12-11-2007, 07:39 PM
rakel--so sorry to hear things are tight :hug: can you calorie count, at least you could still lose something that way...though it won't be as healthy. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do...but if you watch the calories to control portions you should be okay until you get out of the hole.

xtrisaratops
12-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Ugh, well, dinner plans went out the window when my niece got dropped on me without any sort of notice. Of course, her mother dropped her off with McDonalds in hand, and as soon as she was out of the driveway, into the trash can it went. Helen doesn't even LIKE McDonalds anymore, it's pretty much all her mother ever feeds her.

So, I asked her what she wanted for dinner, and we went from there. She wanted waffles, so I improvised as well as I could. I found a recipe for whole wheat waffles, and she had two of them with bananas and some chopped cashews on top. She even juiced oranges with my boyfriend, and had fresh orange juice.

I had one waffle with a banana and some pecan butter. I had a mid-afternoon snack earlier, so I really wasn't all that hungry, but I knew I needed something, otherwise I'd be up in the middle of the night raiding the cabinets.

I even have enough calories left for some popcorn later. Jared took Helen to Blockbuster to let her pick out some movies, and I think we're all going to curl up on the couch and watch whatever she picked out. She's almost 4, so I'm sure we'll have a night of Dora the Explorer, The Wiggles, Sponge Bob, and Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo I can roll with, though, so it'll work out, I'm sure.

My first sugar-free really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Of course, I did have things with natural sugar in them, like fruit and such, but still. I feel pretty good, and not nearly as run-down as I usually do by the end of the day.

Rakel--I'm sorry to hear about your money issues. As Purple said, sometimes we just have to do the best we can with what we've got. I'm sure you'll figure something out :hug:

skinnyscrubgirl (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/member.php?u=78743)--Welcome! I look forward to seeing your posts!

rakel
12-12-2007, 12:40 AM
purple & sara -- thanks guys :hug: I found a bunch of possible jobs for John today, and emailed them to him... hopefully he will have plenty to apply for tomorrow ;). There are a few of them that seem like they are really looking for someone ASAP, and John fits the bill for them, so I'm crossing my fingers!

At least it doesn't cost anything for me to exercise. I did 45m on the exercise bike and today my food wasn't too bad -- I had everything planned except no salad for lunch.

Beverlyjoy
12-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Hi folks!

Yesterday was a good day. :) I did some shopping, went to the pool, and had a good board meeting (my storytelling guild). I reminded them that I am resigning as Chairman in August...it felt good when they wanted me to stay on. (but, it's time). My DH says I won't do it....but, it's been 7 years.

My house is a mess with clutter :(...must take care of that today. My back hurts - I think from wearing a new ankle brace. I am working on that too. More paper work in my office.

My plans for today:

-Stretch, meditate, water, journal foods (and journal any persistant feelings that pop in my head when I am not "medicating" myself with food - funny how those feeling bubble up)
- office work
- out to supper with Mom to Ruby Tuesdays.

Food:
breakfast - gits, flax, lf cheese, tea
snack - 1/2 banana
lunch - Healthy Choice french bread pizza, green bean salad
snack - applesauce with cheese
dinner - white chicken chili, salad
snack - cherrios, 1/2 banana, skim milk

Rhonda - glad to hear you made it thru your plan on day one - that's major!

Purple - What's JM plan? Isn't it strange how sometimes eating more helps us to lose. (however, I know there's a fine line there) Hope your toe feel better.

Jillybean - good shopping - it helps when there's the right food at hand. Your puppies sound SO cute.

Schmoodle - hmmmm - crab soup sound so good. Great plan!

Mj5 - yoga is great...good for you!

nicolen - stay cool in you warm weather.

rakel - I am glad you had a good visit with your stepmom and stepbrother. I hope things work out for your boyfriend and the job prospects.

Sara - wow - doing upper body workout while watching tv - good for you!

Julie - Hi - I totally understand about the endless cycle of starting healthy eating "tomorrow". I've had days, months and years of that thinking in my life. Who/what is MRC?

Have a GREAT day everyone. (and thanks for making me feel welcome here:D)

Purplefirefly
12-12-2007, 06:52 AM
I stayed on plan yesterday and even had some calories to spare in the end. JM about killed me again, but not as bad as last night...I can deal with butt kicks much, much easier than moutain climbers! I am feeling it in my legs today.

Today's Plan:
1500 calories
No Sugar
4-6 bottles water
1 hour cardio

Beverly--JM stands for Jillian Michaels. I really love her book and I am following the 12 week exercise program in the back. I am in week 3 now...I just call it JM to be shorter :) It really is a great little program so far, just really tough.

Sara--It sounds like you were able to adjust your plans and not just throw in the towel for the night. Hope you stuck to it :)

Rakel--I wish him tons of luck on the jobs. He will find something, hopefully soon. Great job on the exercise, that is great stress relief.

GirlyGirlSebas
12-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Good morning, 3FC Friends!

Purple - Congrats on another pound loss! :carrot: I just love Jillian Michaels, but I can only imagine how tough her workouts can be. Sounds like you're doing great.
Beverlyjoy - Congrats on your 2 pound loss! :carrot:
Jill - Did you avoid eating out yesterday?
Schmoodle - Mon cher, your Maryland crab soup sounds divine! Is that a Southbeach recipe? Please share.
Nicole - How was your Christmas function? Did you find some great healthy nibbles?
Rakel - I completely understand about having financial worries. It seems like its constantly feast or famine around here. You can't control everything, but you can control what you eat. I know its tough, but do the best you can. Purple's suggestion to calorie count is an awesome suggestion...and, don't forget your exercise. It really is an awesome stress reliever.
Sara - Hope you slept well last night. Insomnia is rough!
Julie - :welcome2:
Cheryl - How are you? Its unusual to not hear from you in the morning. Hope you're winning the snack battle. Don't give up!
MJ - I love "hearing" your re-newed enthusiasm for this journey. These past few weeks, you have been inspiring.

Today is day 3 of being on-plan. Yesterday was a bit tougher than day 1. I was so hungry, even though I was eating plenty and eating every 2-2 1/2 hours. I think its more a mental game for me right now. That little voice keeps telling me "you can cheat now and start over tomorrow. Its no big deal. You're only 1 day into this." What a load of baloney! I've been doing "this" since January and I know better. But, I managed to win that one and I plan on having many more wins today.

Today's plan - Southbeach foods, 3 meals, 3 snacks. If my energy picks up some I'll do 30 minutes on the treadmill.

Today's menu -
Breakfast - Steelcut oatmeal and 2 slices of turkey bacon
Snack - Celery and natural peanut butter
Lunch - Leftover stuffed pork burger and steamed veggies
Snack - Smoothie
Dinner - Hubby switched dinner recipes last night, so tonight we're having the Spinach and Goat cheese stuffed chicken. Yum Yum! Plus a small side salad.
Snack - 1/2 cup SF Butter Pecan ice cream.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

Schmoodle
12-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Good morning my tender chicken picattas!
Today's menu:
B - peanut butter toast, 1 egg, coffee
S - V8 and a cheese stick
L - Crab soup and salad
S - latte, apple with peanut butter
D - marinated chicken breast, roasted red pepper soup
S - ricotta creme

mj - I hope you got through your party unscathed. As a confirmed sugar junky, I found it was easier to give it up all together than to try to resist (surprisingly). When you eat sugar it leads to more cravings, when you give it up, it's rough for a few days but then it's much easier to stay on plan in the long run.
nicole - I love hearing about your weather. So funny for us to hear about your heat wave right at Christmas!
rakel - stinks to have $$ issues at Christmas time! Take a deep breath and try not to stress too much. Things have a way of working themselves out.
sara - glad your sugar free day went so well!
Welcome skinnyscrubgirl! Hope you find this board as helpful as I do!
purplefirefly - hip hip hooray for an on-plan day!
Beverlyjoy - I heart Ruby Tuesday's salad bar. I went there for lunch with a friend a couple of weeks ago, and the white chili was really good too!
Rhonda - you are doing great! Here's a carrot for each OP day (and one in advance!):carrot::carrot::carrot:
About the soup, usually when I make it I do it all from scratch with hambone and beef bones to start and it's a lot of work and has potatoes and corn, so not SB, but the one I made yesterday was a quick SB version I made up and it came out so good I may not bother with the other anymore! Here's what I did:

Brown 1/2 lb lean stew beef cubes in olive oil. Throw into soup pot. Brown 1 chopped onion and add to pot. Deglaze saute pan with a little red or white wine and add to pot. Now you're done with the frying pan, so set aside. To soup pot add: 3 cups beef or veg broth (can use bouillon cubes and water), 2 bay leaves, 2 cups spicy V8, 1 chopped carrot, 3 stalks celery, chopped, 2 chopped zucchinis. Add can stewed or diced tomatoes, can green beans (drained), can limas (drained). Simmer about 1 hour. Add extra liquid if too thick. Add 1 T Old Bay seasoning and 1 lb. crabmeat. I always pick extra crabmeat and cocktail claws when we get a bushel in the fall to freeze for soup later, so that's what I used, but you can buy a lb. of fresh crabmeat or use canned if you have no choice. Stir crabmeat in very gently so as not to break up the yummy lumps of meat. Heat until hot through, then taste and adjust seasoning to taste. Remove bay leaves and serve.
Of course, this is based on what I had on hand, and can be adjusted to what you have and what veggies you prefer. Really, you just need a good beef and/or ham and veggie soup base and then add crabmeat and Old Bay.
Oooh, now I can't wait for lunch!

Slashnl
12-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Hi everyone. Boy, do I miss warm weather. It was even ok when it was in the 40's. Now it has dipped into the 30's and 20's. It really takes away the outside exercise. Which means, by the way, that I have not been very good about being on plan lately. I bought a new scale, so I better be very careful!!

Sounds like everyone else is doing well, so kudos to you all!!

nicolen
12-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Morning everyone,

Gosh, we are posting a lot at the moment which is fantastic. Perhaps we all need a lot of accountability...

So the team Christmas function yesterday was really enjoyable. We just went to one of my co-worker's house and had a couple of glasses of wine and nibbles. Being our team, the nibbles were high in the cheese and chips sort of thing which makes me pleased I brought fruit - cherries, strawberries and grapes. It wasn't a late night - I guess I was home by about 8:30 which is a good time for a work night.

Today I don't have a Christmas thing to go to, so I'm going to go to the gym for a 30 minute workout and brave the mall to finish my Christmas shopping. I've got Christmas functions on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday of next week, then hopefully I'm done. I've got a couple of other things to get done before the weekend is over as well, so it's going to be a busy few days for me.

Rakel, I'm sorry to hear about John's job. It certainly doesn't make it easy at this time of the year. Are there many jobs going in your area? Here at the moment we've got the opposite problem - we've got quite a labour shortage and it's impossible to get competent staff.

Purple, sounds like a good day after a slow start. Go you!

MJ, know how you feel. Usually between my birthday and the new year I put on at least 5 lbs, but this year I've lost a bit and hopefully will maintain rather than gain.

Julie, welcome to the madness! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Sara, sounds like you made a great job of dealing with an impossible situation with your niece. Awesome!

Beverly, sounds like you've got a very full day planned. Hope you enjoy it!

Rhonda, it's difficult to stay on plan at this time of year - there's far too many temptations around. Keep it up!

Schmoodle, that soup sounds so nice. I'll have to try it at some stage.

Diane, I'm not convinced I'm doing well. It's certainly a battle at the moment - but at least it's being fought outside my house!

Have a great day everyone! :hug:

Purplefirefly
12-12-2007, 12:41 PM
I totally relate to the busy weekend coming up, Nicolen. I will spend tomorrow at my daughter's school working in the secret santa shop, then it's off to gymnastics in the evening. Then Saturday we have a birthday party and hubby's Christmas party for work. Sunday is another birthday party, and somewhere in there we need to finish Christmas shopping...and I am planning my son's birthday party for the day after Christmas, lots to be done on that yet :dizzy:

Slashnl--we had the big winter coats broke out, then suddenly this week it went back into the high 70's...it was almost 80 the last two days and will be again today. This weekend we dip back into 40s, then up to 50s for next week. It is SO weird, no one knows what to do or wear anymore, and about everyone we know is sick.

Slashnl
12-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Purple: That's so strange to have the weather fluctuate that much. It makes it hard to know what to wear from day to day. I guess if we have to be in cold weather, I would rather it get it out of its system now, and maybe see spring come in early! ha.

mj5
12-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi everyone! I have a hair appt tonight and I can't wait! Not sure what I am going to do....hilights and at least a trim, for sure, but love getting my hair done, so it will be fun!

Skinnyscrubgirl--Welcome!

Purplefirefly--I'm w/ you, I don't know what that is either.

Rakel--Any news on the job front?

Sara--Mmm, waffles sound good!

Beverlyjoy--Wanna come clean up my clutter too?

Rhonda--Aw, you made me blush! Thanks! It is because of the support from everyone here that I have re-captured my enthusiasm! Yea! You can do this!!!

Schmoodle--The soup sounds wonderful!

Diane--I'm w/ you--when it gets cold like this, I go inside! You can do this!!!!

Nicole--Good luck finishing your shopping! Good for you for going to the gym first!!!

Gotta run....tree decorating contest at work and we need to have a super top secret meeting to plan our design!

Purplefirefly
12-12-2007, 03:07 PM
I WILL NOT EAT SUGAR. I WILL NOT EAT SUGAR. I WILL NOT EAT SUGAR.

I am having a very, very tough day with this! I thought the worst was behind me, but today I have been dreaming of donuts, staring at the kids parade candy up in the cupboard, and having crazy conversations with myself: I can just have one little piece and count the calories..NO YOU CAN"T, one will lead ten and then you'll be at the store buying donuts, you know that...I can just eat one, I promise just one...oh right, like you have promised so many times before, and it has always lead you into a big binge, what makes this time different?

So, I have not given in, but I feel so weak today. I am determined, but I keep trying to talk myself into it, then back out of it :(

xtrisaratops
12-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Purple, I think we're on the same brain-wave!

Ugh, this morning I almost had a Starburst in my mouth before I stopped and yelled, "What the **** are you thinking?!" at myself. I'm trying to distract myself with loud music and hardcore dancing, but even that's not doing much for me.

I've purposely put off eating lunch until I get myself under control. If I eat anything right now, it's going to lead to a huge binge, I can feel it. I'm trying to avoid that as best as possible, so I think I'm about to go take (another) shower. Shower, dry my hair, straighten my hair, put on make-up...should kill at least an hour, and by then maybe I'll have my crap straight.

GirlyGirlSebas
12-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Purple and Sara - Can you remove the sugary items from the house? My kids aren't happy about it, but if its not around then I can't succumb during a weak moment. Afterall, nobody really needs that stuff. I do take my kids out for occasional treats, so they aren't totally deprived. For me, willpower comes and goes depending on hormones, moods, sleep, etc etc etc. I can't rely on willpower, so planning ahead and having only on-plan foods around does help me stay on-plan.

Purplefirefly
12-12-2007, 03:58 PM
I just threw it away. The kids will not notice...and they get sugar daily from school, though I don't like it the teachers don't seem to listen when i ask them to find a better treat. Twice a week they want parents to send in ice cream money...I have tried not sending the money and they still give it to her :?:

Anyway, i turned on exercise TV on demand and did a 20 min. cardio workout. I feel somewhat better. I think I am suddenly wanting it again because of all the events coming up. Starting tomorrow we have a lot of parties and such and that is when I normally quit anything healthy so I guess I am nervous or something. It's no reason to ruin my progress. so I feel it's easier to manage now that I realize what is going on.

rakel
12-13-2007, 12:15 AM
No news on the job front ... and in this situation, no news is not good news! ;). He did apply for some jobs today that he should be able to get, and he has a few more he can apply for. The problem here is that the jobs seem somewhat plentiful, they just want someone overqualified for the price they are willing to pay, i.e. you need a BS degree and we'll pay you $12 an hour, and maybe benefits. I think some of these later jobs we've found would be perfect for him, so hopefully he can get some interviews soon.

Meanwhile, I planned out some meals and we put about $53 in groceries on my credit card ... which I REALLY don't like doing, I have enough credit card debt as it is, but you gotta eat and we were running low on food. So, today I ate 2 granola bars, a tuna salad sandwich, an apple, and about 1.25 quesadillas, and I'm actually quite full. I didn't have a chance to exercise today because we had church and by the time we got back I had to make dinner and it was then too late to do it (I try not to do it so close to bed time otherwise I won't be able to sleep and it'll throw my schedule off). I don't usually try to exercise on Wednesdays, but I missed Monday so I was going to try and do it anyway, ah well.

Sara: how did you do with your sugar?

Purple: good for you on throwing it away -- that's a good way to put temptation at bay, as long as you aren't tempted to rifle through the trash that is!

Beverlyjoy
12-13-2007, 05:33 AM
Hi folks...

I am dealing with a sore back of late...ugh. Stretches help, though. My food went well yesterday...I am grateful.

Here's my plan for today:

- stretches, meditation, water, journal food
- warm water pool :D , office work
- wrap presents

food -

breakfast - ff cottage cheese, 1/2 c canned lite peaches, pnb toast
snack - carrots
lunch - egg white scramble with veggies and lite cheese, toast, veggies and dip
snack - yogurt and flax
dinner - small wendy's chili, 1/2 baked potato
snack - cherrios, 1/2 banana, milk

Rakel - hope today is a great day!

purple - great job in the cardio and for throwing away the sugar stuff!!!

sara - good for you using a diversion tactic to stay away from the food.

mj5 - enjoy the beauty shop - it's like being pampered when some else washes your hair.

nicolen - good for you - bringing fruit to the party.

schmoodle - thanks for the terrific recipe!

Everyone have a great day!

GirlyGirlSebas
12-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Good morning, Accountability Friends!

Today is day 4! :carrot: I'm so happy that I finally convinced myself to get back on-plan. I feel so much better both mentally and physically. Did have a sinus headache last night and went to bed early The headache is gone this morning and I feel so refreshed after a full 8 hours of sleep. (Note to self: get more sleep! It feels great!)

Today's plan: Continue with Southbeach foods only... 3 meals and 3 snacks.
30 minutes on treadmill

Today's menu:
Breakfast - Steelcut oatmeal, 2 slices of turkey bacon and V8
Snack - Smoothie with Unsweetened vanilla soymilk, SF yogurt, strawberries and banana
Lunch - cup of vegetable beef soup and slice of german dark wheat bread.
Snack - celery with laughing cow lite cheese
Dinner - Leftover spinach and goat cheese chicken and steamed veggies
Snack - 1/2 cup of SF butter pecan ice cream.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. I'll check back later for personals.

Purplefirefly
12-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Okay, I survived yesterday sugar free, but I did go over my 1500 calorie limit trying to find something that would stop the sugar cravings...nothing worked, but I am over it today. i went to bed dreaming of ice cream, and woke up feeling strong again. I have been worried because I am following JM's guidelines on calories this week and have been eating 1500-1800 a day, instead of the 1200-1500 I was keeping myself at. But, the scale has been the same all week and today it is down 3 lbs! I kept weighing this morning thinking it was a fluke, but it's staying there. We'll see come Monday, but seeing it under 240 was HUGE motivation to keep going with the higher calorie limits. I do exercise a lot, and he JM routines burn a lot of calories, so I guess I needed to eat more...imagine that :lol:

Today's Plan:
1800 calories
No Sugar
1 hour cardio
JM workout
4-6 bottles water

Sara--Did you survive yesterday?

Purplefirefly
12-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Good morning, Accountability Friends!

Today is day 4! :carrot: I'm so happy that I finally convinced myself to get back on-plan. I feel so much better both mentally and physically. Did have a sinus headache last night and went to bed early The headache is gone this morning and I feel so refreshed after a full 8 hours of sleep. (Note to self: get more sleep! It feels great!)

I rarely get enough sleep, and when I finally do get exhausted and go to bed early I always wake up feeling the same way...why don't I sleep like that all the time, sheesh? How are you doing on the sugar detox, Sebas?

mj5
12-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi everyone! I only have a minute, but I wanted to pop in before things get really busy. I LOVE my hair! Decided to just get a trim and hilights. My hair is getting really long. Almost 2 years ago I had it cut and donated it to Locks of Love. I may continue to let it grow and donate it again. The hilights came out fantastic--maybe the best ever!

We might get hit with another snow storm this afternoon, so getting to the gym is up in the air. I am planning on going, but if it is a blizzard, I will not go--I'll do the other part of my yoga dvd tonight instead. Dinner is some whole wheat pasta w/ roasted veggies, lots of garlic, a small drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle of romano cheese, and some lemon zest--I cannot wait!!!!! Pretty sad that I just ate breakfast and am looking forward to dinner!!

K, gotta get a bunch of things done. Have a great day!

Schmoodle
12-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Here's what's in store for today:
B - Oatmeal, egg, turkey bacon, V8, and cawfee
S - refried beans, salsa and cheese
L - crab soup, spinach salad
S - latte and a peanut butter apple
D - Beef Stew and salad
S - ricotta creme

Happy day 4 Rhonda! Glad your sinuses are better today. I used to have terrible sinuses, but since being on SB they rarely bother me. I think it's either the increased water intake or maybe I had a food allergy?:dunno:
Purplefirefly, you're doing great with the no sugar. It should start getting easier now. The SB chicks have a sugar free peanut butter cup dessert that a lot of them swear by for when they want something sweet.
Beverlyjoy, hope your back is feeling better soon. That warm water pool should help, sounds wonderful!:swim:
Rakel, hang in there chick! I would never have believed it at the time, but when DH and I were first married, we had some rough financial times, and now I look back on them fondly. I brought home $180/wk, and he was a student and waited tables at night. Some weeks we brought all our bottles and cans back for the deposit and got about $10 for them, and that was our groceries for the week! We ate a lot of spaghetti and tuna and hot dogs and mac & cheese!
Sara, hope you were able to talk yourself through the rough spot yesterday!
mj5, bet your hair looks fantastic!
slashni, keep warm!
nicolen, hope you survived the mall and got all your shopping done!

Yucky and gray here again today... Trying to get my motor started on coffee, but I haven't eaten breakfast yet, so I really should get on that. Got to get a lot of real work done today then some cleaning and laundry. At least I don't have anywhere to go tonight, I haven't had a night at home all week. Oh, and it's Survivor night! Anyone here watch?

Slashnl
12-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone. Yesterday was pretty good... I actually walked outside even though it was cold. I can bundle up pretty good, but my nose gets cold. I guess I could get a scarf.

Tonight is my son's band concert (he plays the Tuba). I'm looking forward to that. They all are new to it this year and it has been fun seeing how much they have progressed.

I started out much better today with food. I have been pushing my "on plan" status. I should be able to stay under control better today. I had a long talk with myself on the way to work. I can't give myself the luxury of slacking.

Schmoodle: Ok, what is ricotta creme that you have listed for your snack. It sounds really good. Oh, and I do watch Survivor even though I'm not as much into it this time. We've been so busy that I've missed some and I haven't connected well with any of the participants.

MJ: I love getting highlights! I have to color my hair just because of the stupid gray, but getting the highlights is the fun part.

Purple: You are kicking it with the sugar thing! Good for you! You're making it happen!

Rakel: I agree with Schmoodle. You will make it through the rough times! I have been there, too. It was hard at the time, but I look back and the things we did to survive made us stronger and helped us to appreciate the easier times.

Rhonda: Day 4! Awesome! It always amazes me that I forget how good it feels to stay on plan. It makes me so mad when I fall off and have to reinvent the wheel.

Sara: How's it going for you today?

Beverly: Hope your back gets to feeling better!

nicolen
12-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Good morning everyone!

OK, yesterday was not a good day food wise. It's the time of the year when all our suppliers say thanks to us by providing food. I ate far far too much, ugh. That's OK - today is a new day and I can start again.

The mall was just absolute madness. I was basically in and out as fast as I could be. I've got one more present to get - my mother's, who's already told me that when I get home next week, she's going to take me to the nursery and show me which plants she wants. I'm actually a little annoyed because I bought myself a book and I must have left it on the bus. :( I was home by about 7pm which wasn't too bad, I guess.

Today's plan - get through work and come home to go out again. Yay. I'm not going to be late tonight (I hope).

Purple, ouch, that's a lot to get through in the next couple of weeks!

MJ, great that you're happy with your hair. I can completely understand not going to they gym in a blizzard.

Rakel, $12 per hour? I know there's a difference in cost of living between the US and here, but that's under minimum wage here! Is that considered to be a good wage?

Beverly, ouch! Hope the back improves soon for you!

Rhonda, go you! Four days on plan at this time of the year is a heck of an achievement!

Schmoodle, yay for a night at home. I'm so looking forward to Sunday where I know I'm going out for lunch but should be home by 3pm.

Schmoodle
12-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Diane, the ricotta creme is another South Beach staple. Basically you just mix some goodies of choice into lowfat ricotta - fruit chunks, citrus zest, vanilla or other extract, cocoa powder, nuts, and sweetener/flavored sugarfree syrup if you choose, and mix it up. I usually go with splenda or agave nectar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and pretend I'm eating the inside of a cannoli. I usually eat either this or nonfat greek yogurt with nuts and agave nectar for my evening snack/dessert. Nice protein punch, so I'm not going to bed feeling empty.

Love survivor, but they are all so stupid this season, I am frustrated with it...

Purplefirefly
12-13-2007, 05:21 PM
I dropped the kids off at school at 7:50, reported to the secret santa shop at 9AM...and got home at 4PM. I was on my feet the entire time, helping the kids pick out their presents, making sure they had enough money, helping them through the line, and then helping wrap their gifts. My legs are achy, calves hurting! It was so worth it though, just seeing how happy a lot of the kids were made my day. But, I was so sad to see quite a few of the kids come in with a long list of people to buy for, and only $2-4 dollars to do it with. I gave out a bit of money though, when they would fall short like a dime or something there were several of us making up the difference for them. Being on my feet that long, I am taking the night off exercise and will move my JM workouts back a day for the rest of the week (only 2 days left).

I easily stuck to my calories, considering I only had breakfast and then supper when we got home, wasn't hard today! I didn't even think about sugar today, thankfully!

Nicolen:I totally feel ya on the mall...it was so crazy a few days ago when I went! I still have last minute things to get...but when I'm going to do it is beyond me :dizzy:

Slashnl:Congrats on walking out in the cold! That shows dedication when it would be so easy to sink into the couch under a warm blanket.

mj:Yay on the new hair! And I can't wait for your dinner either :lol: sounds yummy.

mj5
12-13-2007, 06:31 PM
I made it home safely. No gym for me tonight...the roads were really icky! No yoga either. Our driveway handn't been plowed yet, so I got out the shovel. I figured it would be good cardio and save my hubby from doing it. Then I took the dogs out the play in the snow for about 20 mins--we had a blast!

I am trying to keep myself out of the kitchen until dinner is ready! I may eat my salad before dinner just to avoid snacking on bad stuff!!!

have a great night!

Purplefirefly
12-13-2007, 06:35 PM
I just realized I forgot my daughter had gymnastics tonight :( I was so tired when we got home, and busy doing her homework, cooking, etc. that I just completely forgot about it. Now I have to get a make up class for her, which can be hard sometimes...so goes life in December!

I am going to bed early, I can barely keep my eyes open. The ladies that ran the santa shop all week were telling me how exhausted they have been, and now I completely understand.

Glad you made it home safely, MJ. Playing with the dogs in the snow sounds very fun!

xtrisaratops
12-13-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm pretending that today never happened.

Tomorrow will be a fresh day, and can't possibly be any worse than today was.

I think I'm about to just go take a steaming hot shower and crawl into bed with my mp3 player and a book. I don't even want to think about anything right now.

rakel
12-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Nicolen: Well, I think minimum wage is actually $6.25USD though it's possibly a little more than that now. I worked at Sears department store for $6.75 about 2 years ago. The highest paying hourly job I've had was $9 an hour. $12 an hour is almost unheard of for entry level positions, though it depends on the field. If you're in a career field, then you're probably looking at $15+ an hour. I agree though, it's really not enough money to live, the only way I survive is to have roomates where we share expenses. The problem is that wages are staying the same, but expenses keep rising... and people here are feeling it in all areas! In a way it's pretty cool I have my own business, I have more earning potential, but what do you do when you have a slow month or even a slow week? Which is what I am facing right now! And for John, well, it's just hard to get a job without having someone to kind of nudge you in. He's had several of his friends and family offer to put in a word at their workplace or for people they know, but so far it looks like they haven't done anything to help him.

Beverlyjoy
12-14-2007, 06:48 AM
Hi folks...my back is a tiche better. Thanks. The warm water helped. I have a doctors appointment next week - I hope it's mostly all better by then. Yes, next Tuesday I get my blood checked for cholesterol, etc.

I was tempted to binge when my back was aching....instead, I left home and did the very last of my Christmas shopping. Hmmm...diversion by shopping. (I can't make that a habit!! ;))

I hope you all have a great day. Here are my plans:

- streching, heat & ice
- meditation
- finish up letters for storytelling
- work on more xmas cards (clients and friends)
- jounal food
- make bookmarks (if time)

Food -
Breakfast - cottage cheese and peaches, pnb toast
snack - carrots
lunch - Morning Star veggie corn dog, veggies & lite dip
snack - yogurt, flax, crackers
dinner - chicken & brown rice, brussell sprouts
snack - cherrios, milk, 1/2 banana

water water water

I'll come back for personals later...

See ya!

Purplefirefly
12-14-2007, 07:05 AM
:hug:Sara:hug: So sorry you had such a horrible day! I hope things look up soon, whatever the issues are right now.

My Plan for today:

JM workout
1 hour cardio
1600 calories
no sugar
4-6 bottles water

Hopefully sugar cravings are gone today :^: I can't handle much more of it.

Schmoodle
12-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Today's menu

B - turkey bacon and spinach/cheese omelet
S - string cheese, V8
L - Refried beans, salsa and cheese over lettuce
S - clementine, latte
D - WW pita pizza, salad
S - Ricotta creme
purple, today is my day at the holiday gift shop at school. I'm looking forward to it. The kids always get such a kick out of doing their own shopping!
Sara, more :hug: for you. Hope you have a better day today.
Hi there mj, rakel, and beverlyjoy!
Time to get to work!
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/Schmoodlethefirst/martinifriday.jpg

GirlyGirlSebas
12-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Good morning, 3FC Friends. Happy Friday! Any big plans for you weekend? My weekend will involve a some tree trimming, wrapping and a whole lotta cleaning.

Cheryl - I miss you! How are you doing?
Diane - Great job with exercising despite the cold!:clap:
Nicole - Isn't it great that we get new days to start over? I sure need them! How was your day yesterday?
MJ - Snow shoveling and playing with the dogs....who needs the gym! Sounds like you got a great workout.
Sara - :hug: Hope your new day is brighter for you.
Beverlyjoy - So glad you back is feeling better.
Purple - How are the sugar cravings today? Mine never go away completely, but they do get much much better.
Schmoodle - Have fun at the holiday gift shop!

Well, I started the day off with a migraine. Hubby got up with the girls (have I mentioned what a sweetie he can be sometimes?:D) I took some excedrin and went back to bed for a while. Its not completely gone, but I'm managing. I have too much work on my plate today to be sick.

Yesterday, I went Christmas shopping and allowed myself to go off-plan. I had a vanilla milkshake and waffle fries from Chik-fil-A. I have no idea why I allowed this and I'm frustrated with myself. I am back on plan this morning, so that's a good thing. But, I do need to think about this shake and fry issue some so I can, hopefully, avoid doing this again in the future. Planned treats are okay....unplanned are a major no no!:nono:

Today's plan - On-plan foods only, 3 meals and 3 snacks.

Today's menu -
Breakfast - steelcut oatmeal and 2 slices of turkey bacon
Snack - Smoothie
Lunch - Cup of vegetable beef soup w/ piece of German dark wheat bread
Snack - Celery with natural peanut butter
Dinner - Baked chicken with pesto sauce, steamed veggies, small salad.
Snack - small glass red wine. TGIF!

rakel
12-14-2007, 11:53 AM
I played some serious DDR yesterday because when I went to the weight room people were on the treadmill and bike. I get an intense workout when I play it (I'm literally soaked -- huge sweat rings, sorry if that is TMI!!), which is why the weight flew off me when I first started. I'm going to try and play it 3 days a week and on the fourth day do maybe 30m on the bike and do my stretches/weights and see if that jump starts my weight loss. I'm already down to 277.5 after being in the 279 - 280+ range for the past week. My ankles will inevitably start hurting again, so I will probably only be able to do this for a month and then have to take a break again. Maybe after John gets a job I can get an arcade DDR pad so I can wear shoes and don't have to worry about slipping so much, or just do half of what I normally do and for the rest of the time do something else like ride the bike or go for a walk.

My food was good -- I actually managed to stay under my calories without even planning it, I just ate until I was full. By the end of the night my stomach was rumbling, but I decided the uncomfort of being hungry was better than feeling sick the next morning for having food in my belly, and possibly gaining weight instead of losing.

mj5
12-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Hi everyone! Tonight we will be busy getting ready to leave for my inlaws in the am. I am really worried about traveling w/ the sound of the weather forcast. The drive tomorrow should be fine--it's getting home I am worried about!

Purple--Must have been something in the air last night...I fell asleep watching tv last night! It was SO much fun playing in the snow w/ the dogs!!! They love to chase each other and me!

Sara--I hope today was a better day!

Rakel--How are things going?

Beverlyjoy--Glad to hear your back is a bit better!

Schmoodle--How was the holiday gift shop? It sounds fun.

Rhonda--How's the migraine? I hope it is gone by now! Back on track today. You can do this!!

Cheryl--how are you?

hi to everyone else. I won't be back around until Sunday at the earliest and maybe not until Monday--that is if we can get back home!

I hopped on the scale this am and I am down another lb, but I'm not sure if I should count it yet or not....Monday is the day I have chosen as my weigh in day, so maybe I should wait and see what Monday shows on the scale.

Have a great weekend!

Purplefirefly
12-14-2007, 04:09 PM
mj--I make myself wait until Monday to change my ticker, since that is my weigh in day. I am down 3 for this week so far, which is amazing considering I am eating such a higher calorie limit, but that's okay, I'll take more food :p

Sebas--You see what you did wrong and are thinking of ways around it in the future, that is best thing you can do. I can't offer suggestions, I just have been making myself not eat it :shrug: and I know that does not help, at all!

Rakel--DDR sounds SO fun! I have a friend who just got a playstation for her kids and I told her about this...maybe she'll get it and I can try it out one day :lol:

Hubby comes home tonight and I have not seen him in 2 weeks! We are all excited, but wil probably be at Allie's gymnastics class when he gets here :( It's kind of stressful because he found out he diabetic just before he went on this trip...so I don't have much he can eat here, still not sure how to cook for him, etc. We are planning on hitting the grocery store together and figuring it out, but that will have to be Sunday, with a birthday party and Christmas party all tomorrow.

:stress: can I make it through a Christmas party without eating sugar? I am determined to make it somehow, but I am worried. One little nibble will probably send me into a binge these days. That has been what has kept me honest with it, I know it's not just "one little bite" it never is with me. How come I couldn't get real about that fact years ago?

mj5
12-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi again!

Purplefirefly--Yes, you can do this!!!! I agree, I will wait until Monday. That's the day I picked...kind of to help keep myself in check over the weekend, so we'll see on Monday! Yea hubby is coming home!!!!

Well, it's looking like we are not going away this weekend. The weather is sounding worse and worse, so we may stay put. Tomorrow is actually supposed to be nice, it's Sat night and Sunday that are going to be bad. I am probably going to do the shopping I was going to do on Monday tomorrow (I took Monday off from work), so Monday I will spend at home--wrapping and finishing up two last kinds of candy.

As soon as I get the 'official' word from hubby, I am breaking into the fresh fruit bowl that we ordered for the party tomorrow! It looks SO good--full of melon, pineapple, grapes, etc. YUM!

So, it looks like I will be around this weekend. Hubby and I will have a weekend off together...that hasn't happened in ages! I am going to take advantage of it!

Stay warm (cool for you nicole!)

rakel
12-14-2007, 08:19 PM
mj-- break in! It makes you sound like a fruit convict! lol, jk.

purplefly-- DDR is fun, which is why I started out doing it in the first place, the problem is that playing it every day starts to really wear on my ankles from all of the jumping, and if I turn the jumping off, then the songs are way too easy and consequently, burn way less calories.

Speaking of DDR, I did my 500cal workout, and actually went over by 30cals. It seems to me that their calorie counter is more accurate than exercise equipment... when I did "500cal" on the exercise bike I wasn't nearly as sweaty as when I do the 500cal on DDR. But, whatever, I'm not really counting on those numbers, I just try to get a good workout.

So far the eating has been good, though I made a huge pot of fried rice today and went to town on it. I love fried rice, but I like making it at home so much better, because I don't add any extra salt and can limit how much soy sauce I put in -- just enough for some flavor. The only way it could be better is to use brown rice -- which if I had more money I would get, but I got a huge 5lb bag of rice for about $3, so that works for me.

I'm trying really hard to make things as wholesome as I can. In a way, this is a good thing for me, because I really should be budgeting, planning and preparing my meals all of the time instead of doing everything spur of the moment and going out to eat when I don't feel like cooking. I'm trying to see the positives in my situation and learn from them so I don't waste money when it is more plentiful. I've also pulled in some money from a client today, so I'm thankful for that.

For example, I thought that I probably wouldn't be able to eat healthy, but so far my trick is to make all of our meat stretch out. I use about half the meat I used to and make up for it with fresh or frozen veggies (mostly frozen, they are cheaper), and so far John isn't complaining. I may just do this from now on anyway.

Purplefirefly
12-14-2007, 10:23 PM
:tantrum: I just replied to everyone but it wouldn't go through for some reason, here goes again:

rakel--so glad you got some $$ and things aren't as hard as you thought they'd be...using less meat is probably a good idea for us all. That workout sounds like a good one, great job!

mj--sorry the trip isn't happening but it sounds like you'll have a great time anyway...pass the fruit, yummy!

Sara--I hope you are okay, girl.

I found out they are having barbeque and some kind of big chicken legs tomorrow at the Christmas party...I don't like either! I may be coming home and fixin' a salad if they don't have some good sides. I just have to stay away from the dessert table and I think I will do okay. Kids will want dessert and hubby can't have it either now, so this will be interesting! Hubby has cut out all sugar and "white stuff" for two weeks now and doesn't have the withdraw like I do...he just did it and acts like it's no big deal :?: lucky man, i guess.

I did my JM exercise early today, knowing we'd get home from gymnastics late then hubby would be here. Tomorrow I will do it before anyone else gets up, because it's a full day of parties. I plan to walk outside while they do the cake at the birthday party, because I don't know that I can pass it up. I will just completely remove myself, as anti-social as that might seem.

Good night everyone! after two lonely weeks I have someone warm to snuggle with and he just climbed in without me ;) I don't know how much I'll be around this weekend, but I'll pop in at night and keep accountable to my dealings with sugar at the parties.

xtrisaratops
12-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Well, today I didn't go over my calories, even though I made some choices that weren't the best. I'm still staying away from sugar, and it's hard as ****, but it's worth it. I have a crazy headache that just won't quit, but I think a lot of that is from the cold.

The weather here just won't make up it's mind! It goes from 80 degrees to 20 degrees at the drop of a hat. It's supposed to be icy and sleeting here overnight and through the weekend, so that's a good excuse to just stay home.

I spent all day out of town dealing with a bunch of stuff for my grandparents. They aren't able to get out to the pharmacy and pick up their medications anymore, and there is supposed to be someone delivering them, and today I found out that that isn't happening. They've been out of medication for over a week, and that really set me off, so I spent almost 45 minutes screaming at the pharmacist.

I had to do their grocery shopping, pay bills, take care of housework, do laundry, and I cooked them enough meals to last a few weeks. Neither of them really have the energy to cook anymore, and I dislike the idea of them eating out three meals a day very much, so I did the best I could with what I had.

I literally spent all afternoon cooking. I made things as healthy as I could; lots of veggies, cut out as much starch and carbs as I could, cut back on fat, etc. They at least have some things that can just heat up and eat now without having to worry about where their next meal is coming from.

I made them dinner for tonight, finished ironing, then came home exhausted and wanting to just take a shower and curl up. I walk in the door to find that my niece was STILL here, even though they were supposed to pick her up early this morning. So I had to deal with dinner for her, getting her bathed and getting her hair combed, which is a nightmare because her parents' won't cut it. They finally picked her up, and now it's just me and the boyfriend.

Tomorrow I'm making a big pot of chicken veggie chowder that we can eat on all weekend, and probably some broccoli soup too. I don't want to have to stress over food this weekend. I don't want to stress over ANYTHING anymore. I've been so busy lately that I'm totally drained.

I think I've earned a weekend at home with the boyfriend, and I intend to take it. No nieces, no grandparents, no work, no studying, no cell phone ringing 35 thousand times a day. I love my family, but even I have limits.

Beverlyjoy
12-15-2007, 05:10 AM
I have two Christmas parties today. One in the morning with the storytellers. Another party tonight. A mixed blessing, if you know what I mean.

I am working on my strategy. I will take a bowl of clemintines to each party. Hopefully, there will be other foods I can snack on. I am going to plan on eating one thing small chocolate thing at each party. (that's what I am hankering for.)

today -
water, meditate (I already did that), journal food, stretches

food
breakfast - egg white scramble, frozen blueberries, pnb toast
snack - clementine and or chocolate something
lunch - turkey and light cheese open face sandwich, veggies and light dip
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk
dinner - HC dinner and green bean salad
snack - clemintine or chocolate

I hope I can make it through it without bingeing.

Sara - you are wonderful, taking such good care of your grandparents. Good for you staying away from sugar!

Purple - Have a GREAT weekend. I can totally understand about trying to stay away from the food.

rakel - You are doing great with your limited resources at the moment. Pat yourself on the back.

Mj5 - have a great weekend.

shlashnl - I love the tuba - I know that the event was fun. And, good for you - planning to stay on plan.

Nicolen - Awesome...you bringing lots of fruit to the party.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

GirlyGirlSebas
12-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Just dropping in to say "Hi." I'm doing okay. Not 100% on-plan yesterday, but not doing too badly. Went to dinner last night and I ate off-plan, but the rest of the day was a success and today is starting off on the right foot, too. This weekend I need to clean house, trim the tree and do mountains of laundry. The plan is to stay too busy to overeat.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan weekend

rakel
12-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Sara-- I don't blame you! Taking care of others is not an easy task.

Purple-- glad you got your hubby back ;)

Rhonda -- keep it up!

Yesterday wasn't too good foodwise, but I still showed a .5lb loss today! Whoo-hoo!

Purplefirefly
12-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Added to the "not right now, but maybe someday" food list: cheese balls! They don't have sugar and that is my main no no right now, BUT, I cannot eat just one serving! Hubby went with MIL to Sam's Club this AM and brought home one of those huge tubs of them, and I thought "oh, I'll just have a couple.." NOT, i ended up with 2 servings, 300 calories, before I tore myself away from them...and taht was only because we had to get out the door to the party.

I did count them into my calories and will be fine, but I just have to stay away from them...I HATE when MIL does this, she knows I am trying to lose and she sends crap like that home :?: it's for the kids, I get it, but they don't need it either and I have told her that. Okay, vent over.

I did do well at the party...actually I barely ate and am starving now :( but, there isn't much options in the hosue right now (besides cheeseballs) so tomorrow is definitely grocery shopping day!

It's 11:15 and I am just now home and got kids in bed...now off to wrap birthday presents for the next party tomorrow.

Beverlyjoy
12-16-2007, 05:52 AM
I made it thru the two Christmas parties yesterday and stayed within my plan! At the party last night, they had a chocolate fountain. They had a huge bowl of fresh strawberries for the fountain. I had a plate of just the strawberries and a few pretzels & one bite of a cookie. :) Whew..made it thru.

Today:

- I must get out four confirmation letters, then I'll be "free" of my paperwork for a while.

- meditation, journal food, stretches, water

- Murray is making cookies today...I may have to go to the pool to get away from temptation.

- wrap gifts

food -

breakfast - veggie & egg white scramble, blueberries, pnb toast tea
smack - carrots
lunch - open face turkey & light cheese with light miracle whip, veggies & dip
snack - yogurt with flax, crackers
dinner - at my cousin's, pot roast, potato, carrots, onions, bite of dessert
snack - sf chocolate pudding, almond butter

I hope everyone has a GREAT day.

mj5
12-16-2007, 06:33 AM
We ended up running some errands--I am officially done w/ Christmas shopping! Then we went to a Christmas festival w/ some friends. It was fun, but SO cold! We went back to their house for dinner--we took our fruit and tossed salad and they cooked some chicken and we had a great meal.

While we were running errands we were going to stop for lunch, but were short on time and hubby really wanted McDonalds--NOT someplace I wanted to go, but I only ordered a grilled chicken sand, w/out mayo and only ate about 1/2 of it--it tasted pretty salty to me--must be something they marinate the chicken in or something. I didn't even ask for a sip of his shake or anthing. All in all, not a bad food day. The scale is still showing a 1lb loss--can't wait until tomorrow, so hopefully I can change my ticker!!!

Rakel--Sounds like you are staying upbeat and positive! Good for you!!!! It's always a good idea to add extra veggies, I think that's a great idea! That was funny! I did break in and it was SO yummy! Congrats on the loss!

Purplefirefly--How was the party?

Sara--Your grandparents are so lucky to have you!!! I cannot believe the pharmacy wasn't delivery their meds!!! Good for you for taking a weekend for yourself! Hope you were able to stay in and snuggle w/ your bf!

Beverlyjoy--Hope you had fun at your parties!

Rhonda--Thanks for popping in! You are doing great!

Cheryl--How are you doing?

Hubby's family took the news fairly well (at first) that we weren't traveling....then they decided among themselves that we should drive up for the day--now, it is a 3 hour trip (one way) on a good day. Luckily, he was the one fielding all of those phone calls, because I was getting angrier each time the phone rang. They just didn't get the fact that we had decided NOT to put our lives on the line just in case the storm hit as badly as they predicted!! We will go up on a different weekend, and I know it was disappointing, but the fact that they couldn't respect our decision was really irritating!

Hope everyone is staying warm and cozy!

GirlyGirlSebas
12-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Good morning, Everyone!

I slept in today. I always tell myself that I'm not going to do this anymore, but it sure feels good! But, it sure does make sleeping on Sunday night and getting up Monday morning extremely difficult. I cleaned the whole bottom floor of the house yesterday. It sure does look good. Now, how do I get Hubby and the kids and the dogs to keep it this way?:dizzy: My plan to stay busy to avoid overeating was working well....until Hubby brought KFC home for dinner. He's lost 7 1/2 pounds this week (men! they're so lucky!) and he was ready for a cheat night. I didn't tell him that I've had cheats on both Thursday and Friday.:D...my little secret. But, the scales are still showing a nice drop for me for weigh-in tomorrow...so its all good. Today, I need to be very careful to not overeat and ruin my first loss in 7 weeks!

Sara - You are such an awesome Grandaughter! I know your Grandparents appreciate you so much.
Rakel - Congrats on the 1/2 pound loss! :carrot:
Purple - My MIL like to show her love for the kids with lots of sweet stuff. Its rough, huh? I've finally convinced her to keep that stuff at her house so the kids can have treats with her. It wasnt easy to convince her, though. Hang in there. Maybe you can let everyone have a serving or two then throw the rest away?
Beverlyjoy - A chocolate fountain? Oh wow....and you only ate the strawberries? That is a major NSV! Congrats! :broc:
MJ - McDonald's is one of those places where it is almost impossible to eat on-plan. Another NSV! You did great! :broc:

Today's plan for me: Mountains....literally!...of laundry. Otherwise, kiddies will go to school in shorts tomorrow!:D And, I need to get started on cleaning the upstairs. Company is arriving next weekend and I want the house to shine. And, no more treats for me. Today is Southbeach foods only....two meals (its noon already) and three snacks. Not sure about the menu, yet.

xtrisaratops
12-16-2007, 12:17 PM
More fighting with the pharmacy yesterday. Major fight this time, that ended in me threatening to call an attorney and meaning it. My grandfather is supposed to be on 25mg of blood pressure medication, and he wound up with 75mg pills. If I hadn't noticed it when I went to drop off some Christmas cards with them yesterday, I don't even want to think about how that could have ended.

Food has been pretty good. Still no sugar, but that's definitely a struggle. I need to get around and get a shower, but that means getting out of a nice warm bed, and as cold as it is here, I just can't seem to will myself to move.

All of you are doing so well with Christmas parties! I only got invited to one, and I turned it down because alcohol was going to run rampant, and I just don't like to be around all that.

Purplefirefly
12-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Sara, i don't blame you...we only went to hubby's Christmas party because he has to or they keep his bonus check. the rest of our parties are for birthdays. I do have a couple friends that have big parties and everyone gets all dressed up fancy, and there is alcohol, and it's just not my thing so they know I won't come. I am much more a blue jeans gal, and don't like to be around all the drinking.

Seba--did you eat the KFC? I think it would be okay if you pulled the skin off and just ate the chicken meat...or maybe not? We rarely go there so I haven't checked into that.

mj--let hubby deal with his parents...it's his job! I can relate to this SO much, it was the same thing for me when hubby went shopping with his mama yesterday...she has turned my plans for my son's bday party upside down, and basically she is now giving him the big gift I already bought for him, so I have to take mine back and find something else to give him :mad: so annoying that hubby lets this go on.

I am showing a 5 lb. loss for the week :eek: I could not believe it! I kept weighing over and over...we'll see what the scale says in the morning, but I will definitely be moving the ol' ticker :carrot:

Now off to another birthday party. This is the day I usually sabotage myself, so I am keeping that in mind and counting calories closely. I'm eating before I go and taking a water bottle, will just not eat anything there so I don't wind up with cake :^:

rakel
12-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Man, things are going from bad to worse. Yesterday was the 2 year "anniversary" of John's father's death, which was commemerated by a letter from the IRS saying that John owes a good chunk of dough to the IRS (which, mind you, was his fathers fault) he's currently looking into his options, but the dispute happened 5 years ago, and it seems as though he's lost all of his financial records due to a hard drive that crashed a few months ago. I've decided to pursue a full time job, myself. I don't want to quit my business, but it's slow right now and I am just not at the spot where I can wait it out. I started my business without any capitol, so that's what happens when you hit a dry spot. Maybe sometime in the future I will try it again, and I may keep the business around to work on projects in my spare time and keep going with my lip balm, jewelry, art, etc, but it probably won't be full time for awhile. Actually, even a part time job would be awesome. I'm going to be talking to a guy tomorrow about a job and possibly scheduling an interview. It would be awesome if I got a job that quickly, but I would feel bad for John if I did since he's been looking for a few months now, not that he wouldn't feel relieved that I got one. Any job at this point will help us SURVIVE.

A lot of mistakes have been made, a lot of regrets, but we still have a roof over our heads and I'm sure that we will be fine in the end. Life goes on, if anything, maybe this is a wake-up call to move on with our lives and assume the roles of adults that we find ourselves in. For me, I'm thinking about going back to school and getting my degree to qualify me for some higher paying positions, and I believe John is considering going to college as well. I can't say I'm crazy about the idea, in fact, most of it is going to be boring because I've already done it, but maybe I can get some life experience credits or something... but it's very expensive and I have been trying to avoid it because I already know what I'm doing... but hey, if people need a slip of paper then maybe I'll have to bite the bullet and get it just to prove to everyone that I'm good.

ANYWAY, I don't want to bring everyone down, but just know that I'm struggling with a lot of things right now so if I don't post as frequently you know why. I'm going to be doing all I can to get a job or get some work of some kind so we can make it through the new year. I wouldn't say my weight is on the backburner, it never will be again, but I just may not be checking in here every day.

If you are a Christian, I would appreciate your prayers.

Purplefirefly
12-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Rakel--so sorry to hear about all this. Things seem to all happen at once, and I hope you reach a period of relief SOON :hug:

I did okay at the party today, but I was really wanting the cake, it looked SO good! I did have 4 meatballs because they looked so good and the hostess assured me she did not use sugar in the sauce. I came home and looked up meatballs in sauce on fitday and used that as a guess for calories--85 each!! i would have only gone for 2 had I known that ahead of time! It's okay, I still stayed under calories for the day, just had to pick a little more carefully when it came to supper.

Tomorrow I am going Christmas shopping in the morning, then have someone from freecycle coming to pick up an exercise bike in the afternoon, and then my daughter has cheerleading practice. I have a mountain of laundry and a cluttered house that need attention somewhere in between.

This is going to be a very stressful week for me, and I won't be in the house as much so I might not be checking in as often :p but know I am encouraging you all on mentally!