Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-10-2007, 05:36 AM   #1  

Default teary eyed in LA

When I see or read about people who have lost weight I cant help but feel horribly depressed. I feel happy for them but instead of inspiring me it always depresses me. Ive had weight problem my whole life and especially lately its not been the easiest for me. Ive always wanted to lose weight but never really had the desire until now I think. I just dont want the rest of my life to be like this, to be held back from all the things I really wanna do but cant... Ive let this control my life for far to long, there is a point where i wouldn't leave the house but of this. It always felt like people were staring and hated me because I am this obese person... I'm pretty sure alot of you know what im talking about. I just need help, these kind of things aren't the these that skinny people understand. I dont know what im looking for, I know I have to try and make myself better.
alve227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck. I see you have lost 12 pounds, that is a very good start. You will find people here that have felt just like you do now, yes, even some of those skinny people who used to be obese. I wish I could offer you a magic pill but none exists,It takes old fashioned hard work and most importantly , desire. If you really want to do it you will find a way, By posting here and being so honest about your feelings I think you do have the desire. Have you decided on a weight loss and exercise plan?I find calorie counting works best for me,You will find many options here and it is ok to experiment till you find what works best for you,
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:04 AM   #3  

I feel your pain. I was overweight for the first 19 years of my life. I never enjoyed any of the normal things that young girls enjoy, like shopping at the mall for cute clothes, being asked to the dance by a cute guy, etc. It was a shameful and unhappy existance and I agree that a person who has been thin their entire life and never experienced this stuggle could NEVER relate to what we go through. My greatest advice to you is when you TRULY become fed up the wheels will start to turn. I tried many times to lose weight with no success until one day I was driving back home after getting a meal at Burger King and pulled up next to a car of young boys. They screamed out of their window to me "I HOPE YOUR CAR HAS GOOD SHOCKS". Needless to say I went home and ate my hamburgers inbetween sobs. You are not alone in your feelings, I have walked these painful miles and although I have lost the weight this stuggle never ends and it is a battle I will fight my entire life. But it is possible, and the grass REALLY is greener on the other side. I support you and I would be happy to offer you any help/advice/encouragement that I can. Hang in there, it gets better!
Koren Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote