Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 12-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #1  
ljd

S/C/G: 172/141.5/120

Height: 5'3"

Default mini-goals and nsv's

Hello everyone! I am a hard core lurker on this site and haven't posted in ages, but I love love LOVE the mini-goal forum, so I wanted to share some of mine.

1. As of this morning, I'm down 40 pounds from my highest weight! I'm going to give some info about it, in case anyone wants to know. I usually find it helpful to hear other people's stories, but if you understandably don't, skip all the following blah blah. :-)

I hit my highest weight my sophomore year of college, and I'm in my third year of law school now, so it's been very very slow going. I think I probably was around 160 at the beginning of last summer, lost weight over the summer, dropped down to 152 by last December. I lost 15 pounds by March. I stayed around 137 for a long while, gained about 5 pounds over the summer, and have lost 10 pounds since the summer.

I had a really unhealthy relationship with food for so long, with lots of yo-yo dieting and eating disorder type behavior, but I've been doing it pretty healthily for awhile now. I have been keeping track of my calorie intake, sometimes very strictly and sometimes by just keeping it in the back of my mind.

I go on spurts of exercising 5-6 days/week, but I try to at least do 3x/week. I'm trying to get into a habit that I can sustain when I get a real job and start working 80 hours a week. (eep)

I do not entirely restrict any food. If I want a brownie or candy or pizza, I have it, but just in moderation and adjusting my other meals accordingly. E.g., yesterday I was craving pizza, so I had it for dinner. And to adjust, for lunch I had a really huge salad with vegetables light in calories (so no starchy veggies). By allowing myself these goodies, I control my binge eating habits which were a major problem in the past when I deprived myself.

Back to the NSV/mini-goals:

2. Last time I can remember weighing this much was sometime in junior high.

3. I went through some of my old pictures this morning, and I'm really surprised at the change. For many of the pictures, I remember that right when I saw them for the first time, I thought I looked pretty cute...so I'm really astonished to see how different I look. And even beyond just the change in my physical appearance, I just feel so much more at home in my own skin.

4. I love American Eagle Jeans, and I really love being able to get them super cheap at Filene's basement. So the other day, I saw a cute pair I really liked that were a size 4. I wasn't going to even bother trying them on, but I did, and they fit! (Full disclosure, I had a tiny bit of a muffin top going on, but the way my body's shaped I either have that or I have to keep hiking my jeans up because I have boy-hips). I know they vanity size, but it was still a fantastic feeling! The first pair of AE jeans I ever bought were a 14.

anyway, again, I love the mini-goal forum, and I'm thrilled to have something to contribute!
ljd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

YAAAAAY! Love it! Size 4, yeehaw! I'm just thrilled I'm in my size 12s again, heehe!
You're doing great! Love that you don't restrict anything and just adjust your daily intakes based on your cravings.
Keep it up!
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #3  
ljd

S/C/G: 172/141.5/120

Height: 5'3"

thanks! your baby is ADORABLE! Her eyes are huge!

Also, disclosure on the size 4, I am very top heavy, so I'm certainly not a full body 4. (YET! :-) ).

Also, I should say that I try to eat around 1400-1800 calories a day. When I count strictly with a calorie counter website, I stay around 1400-1500 net calories (so if I exercise, then I eat more). So even if I'm eating some junk food, I do eat a ton of vegetables, fruit, and lean protein. That's what has worked for me. Right now I'm losing but still really happy with myself and having a really healthy relationship with food, so I'm at a better place than other times when I've lost weight, if that makes sense.
ljd is offline   Reply With Quote