Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 12-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Default NSV - new job and attention again!!

Ok, I've got a number of things going on that are TOTAL NSV's that just make me feel GREAT.

One, I started a new job a week ago, and while it pays MUCH less money I am so much closer to home that the stress of driving (especially in winter weather!) is totally off my shoulders, not to mention the money stress of spending over $100/wk on gas (my friends at the gas station must think i've died or changed loyalties... i havent been there in a week!)
soo... less stress means less emotional eating which will equal more weight loss in the long run!

My new job is also more structured and while I have tons less responsibility right now, I have LOTS more to do which means not sitting at my desk eating and snacking all day. I'm also working at a health food store which makes making healthy choices for snacks and meals in general a LOT easier.

What else.. OH... I get the impression that the people I work with seem to think I am "normal" sized ...which is hard for me to comprehend being that so many people from my old job saw me at not-quite-my HW which was around 220 even when I had lost and was down to as low as 180ish. I need to remember that even though the scale still says I'm still in the 190s that I am MORE FIT and a comfortable size 12... which is average-ish I guess.
All of these changes are definitely effecting my confidence and self esteem in a positive manner and I am PSYCHED!

annnd.. best of all... I was chatting with a lovely young man at work whom I've noticed likes to flirt with me a little (yeah I have a bf, but this kid is like 10 years younger than me anyway, whats a little harmless fun? it is totally harmless, no need to call HR on him) and the subject of weight came up ..he is tall and very thin and i made a remark about how I must weigh much more than he does..and of course he politley "didn't believe it" so I gave him the true number (which was 15lbs more than he was) and his comment was "whatever. I don't believe you, and even if that's true, you're totally hot no matter what"
hearing that from my BF is great, but he's known me at 250 and 220 and 160 and 190 and everywhere in between... hearing it from someone outside of my usual circle of friends felt GREAT!!!!

my confidence is through the roof right now and I am just SO INSPIRED to keep going!!
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #2  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

That's awesome!!!

Those are some seriously inspiring NSVs.

Keep up the good work!
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats tongue View Post
That's awesome!!!

Those are some seriously inspiring NSVs.

Keep up the good work!
THANKS!
it really does help me keep going..i've always lost weight SO slowly and even though I know i'm down lots of inches it can get frustrating at times.. i've finally gotten over that 190 hump, too, which feels great.. but i'm not updating my ticker till tomorrow which is official weigh in day....
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Sounds like you are having a little fun! That is just so cool. Glad you don't have so far to drive with the new job.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote