General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

Default Onderland

This may sound like a dumb question but here it goes. I am fairly new here and I keep seeing a reference to onderland. What is it?
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/219.5/150

Height: 5'5

Onederland is what we call it when your weight starts with a "1" so when my weight goes from 200+ to 199 I would have made it to "onderland". I think some people also use ot to refer to the fact that they have lost 100 pounds, but the first use if more common.
House_of_Mirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #3  

Thanks house:
Ok I get it now One-derland. I was trying to pronounce it another way...lol.well I can officially say I can't wait to get to onederland!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 12:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjjsmom View Post
Thanks house:
Ok I get it now One-derland. I was trying to pronounce it another way...lol.well I can officially say I can't wait to get to onederland!!!
hear hear!!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:52 PM   #5  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb Maybe because it is spelled wrong?

I finally figured it out too but shouldn't it be spelled One-derland instead of Onderland? I think that stumps newcomers. And, I'm a college graduate too!
LOL

Anyway, for those of us who seem like we have been in Two-derland forever, yes, it will be nice when the number rolls off and we are in the One-sies instead of the Two-sies.

For me, I haven't seen 199 lbs since 1983!!! I can barely wait.

Last edited by pamatga; 12-04-2007 at 01:53 PM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:03 PM   #6  

I know pamatga.
I managed to loose 65 pounds in 4 months 10 years ago and was down to 170. ( the smallest I ever was as an adult) Then I started nursing school and gained almost all of it back in one year. It is a much harder road this time I was only 24 then and now I have 3 more kids (twins who were big and wrecked havoc on the belly and a 9lb 8 oz boy three months ago. I saved all of those clothes because I knew I would get there again one day I just didn't know it would be called Onderland...lol.