General chatter - Onderland

View Full Version : Onderland

tjjsmom
12-04-2007, 12:19 PM
This may sound like a dumb question but here it goes. I am fairly new here and I keep seeing a reference to onderland. What is it?

House_of_Mirth
12-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Onederland is what we call it when your weight starts with a "1" so when my weight goes from 200+ to 199 I would have made it to "onderland". I think some people also use ot to refer to the fact that they have lost 100 pounds, but the first use if more common.

tjjsmom
12-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks house:
Ok I get it now One-derland. I was trying to pronounce it another way...lol.well I can officially say I can't wait to get to onederland!!!

Smiling_Sara
12-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks house:
Ok I get it now One-derland. I was trying to pronounce it another way...lol.well I can officially say I can't wait to get to onederland!!!

hear hear!! :)

pamatga
12-04-2007, 01:52 PM
I finally figured it out too but shouldn't it be spelled One-derland instead of Onderland? I think that stumps newcomers. And, I'm a college graduate too!
LOL;)

Anyway, for those of us who seem like we have been in Two-derland forever, yes, it will be nice when the number rolls off and we are in the One-sies instead of the Two-sies.

For me, I haven't seen 199 lbs since 1983!!! I can barely wait.:carrot:

tjjsmom
12-04-2007, 04:03 PM
I know pamatga.
I managed to loose 65 pounds in 4 months 10 years ago and was down to 170. ( the smallest I ever was as an adult) Then I started nursing school and gained almost all of it back in one year. It is a much harder road this time I was only 24 then and now I have 3 more kids (twins who were big and wrecked havoc on the belly and a 9lb 8 oz boy three months ago. I saved all of those clothes because I knew I would get there again one day I just didn't know it would be called Onderland...lol.