100 lb. Club - Accountability / Planning / Menus December 3-9

mj5
12-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Are you looking for accountability and support along your journey? This is a great place to get it!

mj5
12-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Hi everyone! I am super happy to report that I have lost 2lbs! I am totally shocked! I totally feel the pre-TOM bloating starting, but I checked three times this am...I am really down 2 lbs! I'll change my ticker in a minute.

Rakel--What did you do in the weight room?

Karen--Good for you for having a plan!

Schmoodle--Sounds like you have been doing really well!

Cheryl--Wow, talk about a productive day!

Nicole--Big hugs to you! You are doing great!!!! I really like the dvd and cd!

I tried the cd and the 30 part of the dvd today. I really, really like them both. I had to make some modifications during the dvd b/c of my knee--but overall I really liked it. Now I don't feel guilty for skipping the gym tonight and getting my nails done instead! I don't want to get into the habit of substituting the dvd for my gym workouts, but it will be nice for those days I can't get to the gym later--although I plan on doing the the cd and the dvd most days.

I have to get back to work....I have lots to do today...don't we all!!!

Have a great day!

rakel
12-03-2007, 01:37 PM
mj, I did a lot of different free weight exercises that my fiance showed me. Then I did some things like crunches, girl pushups, stretches, etc (basically, I did the YOU on a diet beginner workout). for about 20 minutes. Today I plan on getting on the exercise bike for 35 to 45 minutes! Down .lb from yesterday! :)

Slashnl
12-03-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't have a lot of time today, but wanted to check in. I might have some more time this afternoon, so I'll check back then.
I had a good on plan weekend, but not enough exercise. But, I also went down a pound on my weigh in, so that was encouraging. Just need to keep on!!

Sandi
12-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi Ladies! Mind if I join in? I seriously need some accountability right now.

I am in week 7 of my weight loss journey (this time), but I am starting to flounder and must stop it. Holiday or not, I will be on plan for the next 4 weeks.

Today's menu (forgive the 1st few entries - I was having a moment)
3 Squares of a mint chocolate bar - 115
1 bag of cinnamon sun chips - 380
2 60 calories chocolate sticks - 120
Grilled chicken plain - 270
chili - 270
apple - 100
2 chicken tenders - 360
1 cup rice - 200
dessert - 140

That adds up to 1955 which is less than my 2000 calorie limit.

I also plan on going to water aerobics tonight for 45 minutes.

Mavesse
12-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi everyone! I was gone for a week and it's so good to see you all plugging along!

Here's me for today:

Breakfast: Cherrios, milk, coffee with cream and sugar (7)
Lunch: Tomato and cheese sandwich, tea with milk, three lemon wafers (10)
Dinner: Lean Cuisine, salad with light dressing, Diet Pepsi (7)
Snack: Tea with milk, three spice snaps, two tangerines (4)

Have a great day :)

Purplefirefly
12-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Anyone mind if I join in this month? I need accountability weaning off sugar...I am a serious addict and it's been hard :stress: I just need to report to someone that I made it another day with this detox--yes, to me it is serious detox right now.

mj5
12-03-2007, 04:29 PM
I am really proud of myself. I accomplished a lot today. What a good feeling!! After weeks of feeling so overwhelmed at work it's nice to have a day like day!!!

Rakel--Good for you!!! I think it's time for me to get my younger brother to show me some new stuff w/ free weights, too!

Diane--Yea! I pound is a pound!

Sandi--Welcome!! Have a great time at water aerobics tonight!

Melissa--Welcome back!

Purplefirefly--Welcome!

I'm concerned about the weather....it's getting really icky out there. I just talked to hubby.....after talking to him I have decided to still go ahead and get my nails done tonight. I hope I don't regret that decision later on! We'll see!

rakel
12-03-2007, 04:57 PM
purple & sandi -- Welcome and good luck weaning off the sugar. I'm with you.

rakel
12-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Update: 45m(minutes) on the exercise bike, I went a little light, just barely over 65% HR, but I wanted to go for endurance, tomorrow I'll intensify a little bit more and work myself up gradually as I did for the 30m workout.

Food so far so good today! Getting back to writing everything down. It's easy to get away from you if you don't remember to do it after you eat. The past few days I have been slacking, saying, "Well I'll fill it out later" but that kind of defeats the whole point so I'm working to that end as well.

Hope everyone is doing well or getting back on track!

Purplefirefly
12-03-2007, 09:48 PM
I made it without sugar another day :D wasn't hard today, no temptations around. It was my daughter's first night of cheerleading practice so we were out late and ran to subway...becoming habit to go there instead of McDs, and the kids really like it now, too.

Hubby was diagnosed with diabetes today, so he is suddenly listening to the healthier eating habits we keep when he is not home. I have to learn to cook for a diabetic, it seems he can't eat ANYTHING now :dizzy: but I know it will be good for us all in the long run.

Anyway, another day down with 4 pts scored.

Beverlyjoy
12-04-2007, 07:35 AM
stretching
water
meditation
ice & heat on my aching pieces and parts
storytelling in Dayton, Oh this morning
audition tonight

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup,
1/2 banana
snack - other half of the banana
lunch - egg white salad sandwich with lf cheese, asparagus
snack - applesause with ff cheese, green beans
dinner - cherrios, banana, milk, pnb toast
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk

Schmoodle
12-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Morning chicks!
On the menu for today:
B: coffee, peanut butter oatmeal
S: celery with LCLC
L: Leftover salmon and salad
S: latte and an apple
D: Chili with lots of veggies
S: Yogurt with agave nectar

Purplefirefly: I did the sugar/refined carb detox last spring, and it was rough, but just for a few days. You will be feeling great very soon, and your cravings will go away. BTW, my DH is diabetic also, and I follow SBD. He does too, because I am the cook! It is great for keeping his blood sugar levels steady.

hellokitty81668
12-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Morning all,
I am still struggling, ended up throwing out some snacks that I binged on, but I am not giving up. I am having shoulder pain, but did 42 minutes on the elliptical and am eating a healthy breakfast.. I am not giving up, no matter how bad I feel. I can do this!!!!
bkfst.. hot cereal, honey , banana
lunch..... left over veggie chilli
dinner.. tuna..
snacks....yogurt, berries, rice cakes.
I can do this today
cheryl

Trazey34
12-04-2007, 10:56 AM
of course someone brought in a tray of shortbread cookies and fudge (!?!) today but I won't go near it -- i moved it away from where I am to a more "communal" area heheheh

br. low-fat cottage cheese, kashi multigrain bar, coffee, small pear
lu - veggie soup (loaded with veg), 1/2 chicken sandwich on w.w. bread
snack - cup of tea and 2 gingersnaps (5 are 120 cals, they're so good!)
dinner - lamb chop (fat removed of course), mashed turnips, green beans with slivered almonds sprinkled on top
dessert/snack - pear halves poached in apple juice & splenda brown sugar

NO fudge!
NO shortbread! no no no! heheehhe
remind me again that i won't DIE if i don't have one or seven? hehehehe

rakel
12-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Ugh, I am feeling absolutely miserable. They are testing the fire alarms today, so it was quite a rude awakening to hear the fire alarm going on and on, plus some guy pounding on the door, plus feeling like I wanted to barf. Last night I went to Applebees with John and a friend, and I got one of their weight watchers meals, which is cool, it was only 370 calories, except it was loaded with salt, and of course, of all things John wanted to get an appetizer and I couldn't stay away from it... Actually, by the time I got my meal I should have just asked for a box because I was not really hungry but I was like, "Oh well," and just plowed through it. I am so disappointed in myself, just when I was starting to lose again. I don't know why I can't have discipline enough to just do the right thing. But I didn't really even want to go out to eat anyway, because I didn't want to spend the money. I have such a soft spot for going with the flow, and I thought that at least they had the weight watchers menu there, but I still totally blew it. The scale says 282 this morning. I had no idea it would go up that much but I know some of it is the water.

I'm going to have a chat with John about this when he gets up for sure. He likes to ask me every day if I've lost weight and if I ever tell him I didn't or if I gained weight he looks at me all disappointed like if it's been a few days you know, but sometimes I don't think he realizes that he helps tempt me. How was I supposed to know he was going to want an appetizer? I should have just said no there and it would have been fine.

sdfsdfsdfsdfdsf.

Well, this is my first big screw up in awhile, I've had little screw ups but they didn't really throw me off like this one. I'm hoping that maybe I will remember this day if this ever attempts to happen again in the future. Hopefully I will remember how miserable and sick I feel. Mostly I just wish I could eat like a normal person and not have to worry about calories, but unfortunately I made this bed and now I have to lie in it, and wishing to be "normal" is just not a healthy thing to do right now. I am NOT normal and I need to just deal with it accordingly. It might be hard but I need to just DO IT.

At any rate, my plan for today is to stay away from anything salty -- no canned foods (like soup) and to drink a ton of water and eat a lot of fruit and veggies to kind of "detox". I consumed about 2,200 calories yesterday... I'm asking for the advice of you fine ladies, how many calories should I consume today to offset this? I was thinking around 1,200 - 1,300 -- just a hair under my normal amount (1,500), because I don't want to starve myself, but for example, I've been awake for about an hour and usually I would be hungry right now, but I don't feel like eating a bit.

BUT, for one positive thing: I did write down my calories, which I haven't done in a few days. I keep getting off of it, but I need to get back on track, especially because I was starting to do so well, I just need to find my groove again and blow through the next 10lbs. It looks like I'm not going to reach my goal of 260 by new years now. I'm very disappointed that I couldn't get my act together. I guess I will let this be a lesson to end all lessons to stop cheating and messing up and just ............... do this. I always feel rotten afterwards, why do I keep subjecting myself to this? Don't I want to feel better?

I'm also planning on exercising 45m on the exercise bike, and stepping up the intensity a little.

Slashnl
12-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Hang tough, Trazey! I know what you're going through. Yesterday one of the companies we work with sent us gourmet cookies. I received them, so I quickly put them out for everyone else. There was this one... macademia nuts in the cookie and half dipped in white chocolate. But I passed on it! It took until the afternoon for someone else to take it!!!!

Had a good on plan day with lots of exercise yesterday. I hope for the same today. I have to do a little running around today, taking my daughter to her orthodontist, but I hope to take the time to exercise at lunch... depends on the work load!!

rakel
12-04-2007, 11:14 AM
NO fudge!
NO shortbread! no no no! heheehhe
remind me again that i won't DIE if i don't have one or seven? hehehehe

It's no wonder you long since passed me. I would inevitably have at least one piece of fudge, though the shortbread I could easily pass up.

Slashnl
12-04-2007, 11:17 AM
Rakel, I was posting at the same time as you. I just wanted to say that I don't think you should try to "make up" for yesterday. Just get back on plan and don't starve yourself. I think that drinking lots of water is a great idea, but don't punish yourself by not eating. It was one day and it won't ruin everything you've already done.

You've come here, you've been accountable, and now you need to put it in the past. I think you're smart to talk to your hubby, but don't make this a day of suffering!! You're ok, take a deep breath, and get back on plan!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

rakel
12-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Rakel, I was posting at the same time as you. I just wanted to say that I don't think you should try to "make up" for yesterday. Just get back on plan and don't starve yourself. I think that drinking lots of water is a great idea, but don't punish yourself by not eating. It was one day and it won't ruin everything you've already done.

You've come here, you've been accountable, and now you need to put it in the past. I think you're smart to talk to your hubby, but don't make this a day of suffering!! You're ok, take a deep breath, and get back on plan!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Thanks Diane! I don't want to make myself suffer today (I already feel bad, physically and emotionally) but I just feel like I need to cleanse myself... I feel so gross and craving salad, fruit, and everything wholesome. I have already vowed to never have spinach and artichoke dip again, and quite possibly tortilla chips as well.

Schmoodle
12-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Rakel, I agree with Slashni, you sound very disappointed and angry at yourself, but 2200 calories is not really a blowout. Just get back on your usual plan and in the long run one meal is really not the end of the world. Slow and steady will win the race. Definitely talk to your husband and think about how you can avoid being in that situation in the future. For me this is a learning process, and we learn by our mistakes too.

rakel
12-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks Schmoodle! I'm trying to turn this around: to stop feeling sorry for myself, and make this into something positive rather than the end of the world.

Foods I used to like are still tempting to me, even though ultimately my body rejects them and really craves healthy things. I knew this before, but now it has become very obvious, probably because I have not been eating foods like that regularly at all, and the sins of it are very apparent to me. The next step is to re-learn to dislike these foods that my mind likes but my body doesn't, and get in sync with what my body wants. Ultimately I want to get to the point where if someone offers me something like spinach dip, my stomach churns and I start to feel sick just smelling it, and therefore I can easily push it away and head for the veggie tray ;)

PS: John isn't my hubby yet (March 22nd!)

nicolen
12-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Morning everyone!

Yeah, not so good yesterday. I had a muffin for breakfast then the day turned to custard from there - I'd eaten my lunch at morning tea and then raided the junk food machines at lunch time. Ended up getting a bad headache and flagged the gym. I did go for a 30 minute walk so the day wasn't a total loss but pretty darn close!

Today, I'm going to the gym since I didn't get there yesterday. I have no junk food anywhere and I'm not taking any money to work so I don't feel the urge to raid the junk food machines. Back on track today.

MJ, woohoo - 2 lbs down. And a very productive day by the sounds of things. Go you!

Rakel, yesterday is done - work on making better choices today. I had a rubbish day yesterday as well, so you're not the only one!

Diane, I hope things calm down a little bit for you soon - it's a crazy time of year, isn't it?

Sandi, welcome to the madness! How was the water aerobics. I used to do that, but unfortunately with my bizarre work schedule I can't get to classes...

Melissa, how are you going today?

Purple, good on you for weaning off sugar. How are you today? My father was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes a few weeks ago - I know that he's having to make a few changes...

Beverly, how are you today? Still not sore, I hope!

Schmoodle, how are things with you?

Cheryl, good for you for throwing out the snacks!

Trazey, step away from that shortbread! You can do it!

Wow, lots of people to talk to! Apologies to anyone I missed!

Take care all :hug:

rakel
12-04-2007, 02:11 PM
I think maybe I am going to end up one of those insanely picky eaters, when before I'd eat anything someone put on my plate or had out.

Mavesse
12-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Eeeeek! I slept late so I'm sneaking on here at lunch!

Breakfast: Cheerios, milk, pineapple juice, coffee w/cream and sugar (9)
Lunch: Open-faced light cheese and tomato sandwich, tea w/milk (6)
Dinner: Lean Cuisine, salad w/light dressing, Diet Pepsi (7)
Snack: Apple, tea w/milk, three spice snaps (4)

Be back soon!

rakel
12-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Just got back from exercising -- 45m on the exercise bike, about 530 calories "burned" (according to the bike anyway) with an average heartrate of around 125. I really think this is what I need to do from now on -- when I exercised for 45m and "burned" that many calories 4 times a week, the weight flew off. It took me awhile to work up to being able to last 45m on the exercise bike, but now that I'm there I need to take advantage of it and get some weight off!

mj5
12-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Hi everyone! Another busy, but productive day at work today! The weather was worse than yesterday, so gym tonight for me. I did my 15 min yoga cd this am, so that was something. Plus I was up and down the 3 flights of stairs in my building at work at least 6 times.

Tomorrow is a day full of sitting in meetings. So, I am going to the gym. The storms are supposed to be over by tonight, so hopefully the roads will be ok tomorrow night. I have been doing well w/ food choices and water, so that's good!

Rhonda--We haven't heard from you in a while...is this your business trip week? Hope things are going well for you!

Have a great night!

rakel
12-04-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm thankful I don't have to go to a gym... I would probably never exercise it if was up to that! You guys have more determination than me (you know who you are!), and I am in awe. Everyone is doing so well here and I'm proud of everyone :) Thanks for listening to me yack all of the time and make a million posts in a day. I read everyone's posts but I don't always have something to say. Just know I am watching everyone and I think you guys are just fabulous! I am so glad I found 3FC :hug:

hellokitty81668
12-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Good morning all,
I am still struggling :mad:, and I have no one to blame but myself. My left shoulder blade is very painful, I don't know if it is from sleeping wrong, being on the computer too much, or using the elliptical to much. I feel a little better today, I have not been doing general exercising,or weight lifting, and it has helped a little, but I am still in pain. But I am not giving up. I have a massage machine somewhere and am going to find it and use it on my shoulder. I am not giving up, I know one day I will break out of this struggle and succeed.
I am going to do as much exercise as possible today,
bkfst.. hot 7 grain cereal, banana, honey
lunch.... 2 veggie burgers with hummus
dinner........ tuna with crackers.
snacks......yogurt, fruit, rice cakes
I can do this today!!
cheryl

Schmoodle
12-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Good morning chicks! Will wonders never cease? Yesterday I ate exactly what I put down here for my daily menu. One day at a time, right?
We are getting a beautiful snow here this morning, they are predicting a few inches. It only just started at 7AM, so kids are disappointed no snow delays yet... So we'll have a nice walk to school in the snow this morning! Great day to be a telecommuter!
On to business - Today's menu:
B - Open faced turkey sandwich with cheese and spinach, coffee
S - Celery and peanut butter
L - Leftover chili or baked beans and salad
S - Latte and an apple
D - Maryland Crab Soup, Salad or a veggie
S - Yogurt with almonds and agave nectar

cheryl, hope the shoulder is feeling better soon!
rakel, I know just what you mean, 3fc is such a great resource and support to me. I really look forward to checking in here every day.
Thanks for checking in on me, nicolen! Things are going really well right now, I seem to have re-found my groove. I've got high hopes for weigh-in on Saturday. How's the weather down there?

Have a great hump day all you chicks yet to check in!

Purplefirefly
12-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Sorry, I didn't check back here yesterday and seems I have missed a lot! I am still sugar free and have not had any real temptations. There is nothing in the house that would seriously sway me. Daughter picked out some Quaker kids party mix to take in her lunch box this week and I drifted toward it one time...looked at ingredients and saw sugar as #2 in one part, and put it back down. Never went toward it again.

I have only had one really bad night that ended me with a massive headache and feeling like I lost a best friend...could I really get off with just that? Surely, there is more to come with kicking this habit. I have set my mind that I am NOT eating it, so maybe that is enough?

nicolen
12-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Morning everyone!

It was a goodish day yesterday - till management broke out the chocolate. At 2:30 in the afternoon which is the worst possible time for me. I'm not really fond of the way they reward with food - that's a habit that I'm trying to break here, and next week they're buying pizza for lunch as a thank you for our hard work. There are so many other things they could do apart from rewarding us with food. I'm going to try and be strong next week, but since pizza's on the "never allowed in this house even when I've worked overtime that night" list, I'm not convinced I will be strong enough...

Gym workout yesterday went well - I'm going today and hopefully it'll be another good one. I also went for a walk last night, so it was a good day yesterday from that respect.

Rakel, you're not picky, you're making better choices! ;) I have to go to the gym else I wouldn't exercise - I live in a very small flat and there's just not the room for any kind of gym equipment here at all.

Melissa, you're doing well!

MJ, hopefully things calm down for you soon at work. I guess you're in the same situation we are at the moment - everyone wants everything done by Christmas.

Cheryl, you're doing well, even though you feel you're struggling. Keep battling - I know you'll get there!

Schmoodle, go you! You're doing really well at the moment. The weather here has been nice - we're averaging about 20 - 25 degrees each day (approx 70 - 80 degrees Farenheit). We don't usually get the unbearably hot weather till after Christmas.

Purple, you're doing so well!

Have fun everyone! :hug:

mj5
12-05-2007, 01:41 PM
I was up super early again this am....I did yoga--hubby got up while I was doing it. I felt a little self conscious, he tried to stay out of the way, but it was hard since I was in the middle of the living room floor! Oh well, at least I did it! Tonight I am going to the gym right after work for cardio. I hopped on the scale this am--I am still down the 3lbs and TOM should arrive tomorrow. I can't wait for my first official weigh-in day when TOM is gone! I usually gain between 3-5lbs during TOM, so we'll see......

I am finally getting a few minutes to read some posts.

Rakel--Don't beat yourself up. You did not blow it. You had one dinner out. You WILL do this!

Trazey--I know what you mean, it seems like as soon as 12/1 rolled around all the goodies started appearing!

Diane--Good for you for resisting!

Cheryl--Hope the shoulder feels better.

Schmoodle--Great job following your menu!!!!

Purplefirefly--I must say I am really impressed w/ you giving up sugar. Yea, I think the mind set is enough. That's what matters for me--when I am in that mindset (like I am now), that's when I lose weight.

Nicole--Good luck resisting the pizza! I have to say, that since I have started living healthier, when I bring snacks to work (for meetings, etc) I make sure there are healthy choices--most of the time the fruit, water, etc is what we run out of first! I hope things calm down at your work too! Yea, everyone wants stuff done by the end of the quarter, end of the year, but I work w/ adults w/ mental health issues and holidays can be particularly rough for them too. So besides just being busy, we have more crisis type stuff going on.

rakel
12-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Cheryl, I know what it's like to see a frozen ticker. I really hope your shoulder gets better soon so you can give it your best without any pain!

I did well yesterday, even ate a little over my calories because I was STARVING. Not really sure why, but I obeyed my body, and stepped on the scale today to reveal 279. The plan is, if I don't get too bogged down with work, to do both my weight lifting routine and then 45m on the exercise bike. I want to build more muscle and make sure as I lose everything goes back in the right places and I'm not left with a bunch of "leftovers" that are stubborn to leave ;)

Purplefirefly
12-05-2007, 07:11 PM
My son has had a bad cold the past few days and I am getting it now :dz: This will be a test because I usually go for fast food and easy processed things when I don't feel well. Kids also have gymnastics night, which is our late night when I usually pull through McDs...I'm going to put chicken in the crockpot tonight so we can come home and eat quickly instead. We had plain ol' chicken breasts tonight with salsa on top...and the kids :love: it. I was surprised it tasted so good without any other seasoning! I had 49% protein today, which is right around how I used to eat when I lost the weight before, but I can't tell if I feel better because this cold is clogging up my head :cry:

mj-- Congrats on losing during TOM!

Nicolen-- Can you plan for the pizza next week by doing some extra exercise until then, and arranging calories, or whatever plan you follow, to allow for a piece or two? If you really feel you will not be able to pass it up, then the next best thing would be to prepare for it starting now, right?

I will catch everyone else as they post more...i couldn't keep up yesterday :^:

Mavesse
12-05-2007, 09:37 PM
I can't thank you all enough for just being here, giving me a place to come and be accountable. :hug:

I forgot to post my menu this a.m., but here it is:

Breakfast: toast, peanut butter, mango juice, tea w/sugar (6)
Lunch: cheese sandwich, apple, more tea w/sugar, fruit candies (9)
Dinner: pasta with veggies, light parmesan cheese, Diet Pepsi (7)
Snack: tea w/milk, four almond cookies, mandarin orange (7)

And I'm off to choir practice! Thanks again for being so cool, everyone!

P.S. I've lost five pounds! I'm 1/20th of the way there! :p

rakel
12-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Well, my exercise plans changed a bit when John asked if I wanted to play tennis with him. At first I just wanted to go on the exercise bike and listen to my audiobook (I was looking forward to continuing the story), but I decided eventually that I would just play with him. Before we went, I stretched out and did some weights. I think we played for about 20 minutes ... and really, considering it "playing tennis" is a bit of a misnomer, we really just bounced the ball back and forth (sometimes). He's trying to teach me how to play a real game, but I'm just not that good and slow, and I can't last as long as him. Afterwards, we went back home and played DDR together for a half hour or so, until I got really sweaty and my hair was soaked. I felt like I could have continued though. I actually had fun! Imagine that.

Beverlyjoy
12-06-2007, 07:45 AM
meditation
stretches
water
journal food
working today

breakfast - egg white scramble, applesauce, pnb toast , tea:coffee:
lunch - soup, cauliflower
snack - pudding, fruit
dinner, sloppy joes on wheat lite bun, veggies and dip
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk

Schmoodle
12-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Morning chickens! We've got a beautiful sunny, snowy day here, and happy kids because NO SCHOOL! (:( for me)

Today's menu:
B - open faced turkey sandwich, coffee
S - HB egg, carrot
L - Baked Beans and a big salad
S - Apple, latte
D - Chicken something with stir fry veggies
S - Yogurt with agave nectar and almonds

I did okay with the menu yesterday, but didn't eat enough, and ended up very hungry at bedtime. I ate a pkg of fruit bites, definitely not OP! But only 50 calories so hopefully no harm done. Didn't start off with a bang today because I didn't get to breakfast until 10AM, so I really need to focus on getting in all the snacks and things so I won't be hungry later.

Purplefirefly, thanks for the great idea - I think I'll do salsa chicken tonight too! Hope your cold isn't too bad!
Mavesse, congrats on the 5 lbs.!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
rakel, fun exercise !?!?!?! What a concept!
Have a great day beverlyjoy! Meditation and stretches sound like a wonderful way to start!

Slashnl
12-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Not a great day yesterday for me, so I'm needing to do better today. I had to go to a class, so I didn't get my lunch time exercise in. Food wasn't so great yesterday either.

Today has started out much better, but the weather is turning sour. I'm hoping it will hold for lunch at least!

Purplefirefly
12-06-2007, 12:18 PM
5yo daughter is home sick today, and I planned on shopping this morning so I took her with me. Breakfast was not good...pulled through McDs because I had nothign at home to make my normal breakfast and felt horrible...but I did look up calories for egg mcmuffin before going (300 cal.) and put that in fitday and just ate one of those...which is still improvement because I would normally eat 2 with the hashbrowns as well. Anyway, not the best but it wasn't bad on calories and I will work it into my calories for the day on fitday, and should be okay.

Now to get through our busy evening of gymnastics classes without eating something horrible! I felt so miserable last night I just went to bed at 8PM, woke up and realized i didn't put anything in the crockpot, so it might be a subway night.

hellokitty81668
12-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi everyone,,
I think I am going to get over this.. I still struggled yesterday, and noticed a gain on the scale today, so this is over. I have all the kids snacks out of the house( this is my problem snacking),, I bought fruit, and yogurt.. if the kids don't like it too bad, I am not going to give up I am going to succeed.
My shoulder is so so, but I am trying to rest it as much as possible, I exercised, 46 minutes on the elliptical, and 14 minutes of general exercising, I am leaving weight lifting alone until I am better.
bkfst .. 7 grain hot cereal, banana and honey
lunch.. just ate 2 veggie dogs( smart dogs.. 90 calories for 2) , and 2 low fat wheat buns with mustard...
dinner... either tuna , or amy's veggie lasagana..
snacks..yogurt and fruit, rice cakes. I can do this.
cheryl

Schmoodle
12-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Good for you Cheryl for not getting discouraged. I know you can do this!

nicolen
12-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Morning everyone!

Yay for Friday. It feels like it's been a really long week. I actually slept past the alarm today, so I must be overtired - I never do that. Luckily I only overslept by 10 minutes, so I'm not running too late. Going out tonight, but only for drinks, so I'm going to try and be home at a respectable hour and then go to bed. We'll see what happens.

I love this time of the year, but I also hate it as well - my social life just explodes. A woman I work with who I'm quite friendly with said to me yesterday that we should catch up before Christmas. It's not going to happen. I have 2 weeks before I head over to my parents for Christmas - I go away on the Friday before Christmas - and I've got something on at least every second night from now till then. I'm not booking anything else in - we can catch up after Christmas.

Today, the plan is to try and swim, but I think I might struggle to find the time there - I'm supposed to be out by 6pm which doesn't give me a lot of time to get home, get changed and get out. Will see how it goes....

Feeling a bit frustrated at the moment with the scale - I'm bouncing between 249 and 251 but I'm losing inches - or at least I am from the bottom half. The top half of my body is just about a lost cause!

MJ, how are you doing today?

Rakel, isn't it strange how some days we're just more hungry than others. It's a bit frustrating too.

Purple, how's the cold today - and the kids. Hopefully all those bugs go away soon!

Melissa, go you! Awesome stuff!

Beverly, sounds as if you've got a great plan there.

Schmoodle, here's hoping that the kids get back to school tomorrow.

Diane, here's hoping the weather stays nice for you!

Cheryl, good for you for getting the bad food out of the house.

Have a great day, everyone! :hug:

mj5
12-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Hi everyone! I went to the gym last night...YEA! Of course, I'm not going tonight, but that's ok. TOM is kicking my butt and I have a ton of errands to run, so I am going to do that. I am eating well and drinking lots of water, so that is good at least.

I have to run....another day of meetings!
Have a great day!

Purplefirefly
12-06-2007, 02:28 PM
A friend wants to meet at Ihop for breakfast :shrug: and I have no idea what I can order there. I'll try looking up their website...but what do you all order there, if there is anything? Remember, no sugar.

mj--I am so proud of you! keep going.

Nicolen--the cold is not as bad as I thought last night. I was very tired and drained, so passed on cardio and went to bed with the kids. I felt bad this morning, but now it's just an annoying stuffy nose.

hellokitty--great job throwing out those snacks. the kids do not need them anymore than you do! I stopped buying all the bad snacks awhile back and my kids never noticed. long as they have something here to snack on they are fine...of course, they have always lvoed fresh veggies, fruit, yogurt, etc.

rakel
12-06-2007, 02:50 PM
You got me purplefly, at Ihop I kinda throw my diet out the window and get some sweet pancakes with fruit on top, or the stuffed ones. Though I guess I am improving coz I used to get the chocolate chip pancakes every time without fail. Maybe you could just get a simple dinner with 2 strips of bacon, scrambled eggs (if you love cheese, maybe you can get it on the side so you can control how much is put in?) and some toast?

Purplefirefly
12-06-2007, 03:23 PM
YAY! According to the website they have a menu called Ihop for me, and it is healthier choices, some under 600 calories, some under 15 g fat, and others for carb conscious people. I will order the Garden Scramble, which is basically scrambled eggs made with egg substitute, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, and tomotoes...yummy! It comes with pancakes, but I will get the fresh fruit bowl instead. Now I can't wait :)

I will check in here tomorrow to let ya'll know if I resisted all the sugary things, but I KNOW I CAN, I will keep telling myself that.

rakel
12-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Wow! Cool, I'll have to check that out. It's always good to have a repertoire of restaurants one can go to without gorging oneself.

GirlyGirlSebas
12-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Hi Everyone! Got home about midnight last night. Just spent the last three days in the Twin Cities of Minnesota for training. The class was tough, but the evenings were fun. Each night, we went to dinner and had one or two drinks. No, I didn't stay on-plan. Maybe I shouldnt say this, but I'm not feeling very guilty. I never ever go out of town or hang out with friends. Since I'm a full-time telecommuter for my employer, I hardly ever leave the house. I guess I just felt entitled to "let my hair down" and enjoy myself. Watching what I ate and drinking water just wasn't my idea of a good time. Of course, I'm now paying for my lack of discipline from this week and in the previous weeks. My jeans are getting uncomfortably tight in the waste.

Now that all trips are out of my way for a while, I plan on getting back on the treadmill. I've been holding off as I didnt want to hurt my knees before I had to do a lot of walking around airports, amusement parks, etc. Also, Hubby and I got a home gym for Christmas. He found it on Craig's list for cheap. So, now I can work out the muscles that support my knees...and get toned all over! I know that working out will have the added benefit of helping me get back on-plan. Afterall, who wants to expend all of that effort, then blow it all on something full of sugar and calories....and very very brief pleasure?!

MJ- Congrats on the 2 pound loss this week!:carrot: How are the knees?
Diane - Congrats on your pound loss! :carrot:
Sandi - So glad you decided to join in with us. Congrats on making it to week 7! :broc:
Melissa - Congrats on your 5 pound loss! :carrot:
Purple - Sounds like you're doing great on the sugar detox. I know how hard it is...I'm a fellow sugaraholic. You will feel so much better without that sugar in your body. (Reminder to self.....remember how good it feels!)
Cheryl - I'm really sorry to hear that you're struggling. Do you think its the time of year? I'm really having a hard time, too. The traveling and work stress have been over-the-top for me lately, but this time of year just seems to be harder on weight loss and exercising. Glad to hear that you're not giving up. You've been a dedicated part of this thread for a while and I've loved sharing your journey. Thanks for sticking with us even during the rough times.

To everyone that I haven't written a personal note this time, I have read each of your posts and I am wishing everyone tons success!

Hope you have another great on-plan day tomorrow.

Purplefirefly
12-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Cut a long story short: I had a very stressful night and we ended up at Jack in the Box instead of Subway. I did not go over my daily calories and did not eat sugar, but still feel I cheated somehow since it was I'm sure a fattening burger I ate. They gave us a large coke I didn't order, and I took it I guess out of habit of gettin gone. When I reached for a drink I thought "Oh, no! I can't have that!" I didn't even put the straw in the hole, came home and had to dump it out immediately or it would have been gone in two minutes.

Stress = sugar cravings, very bad ones. The kids are in bed now and there is nothing sugary in the house, so I am safe, but just very exhausted and wanting some sugar. I kept staring at that coke all the way home, wondering if it might be Dr. Pepper, how it would taste, etc. Then I felt like crying watching it go down the drain. I am INSANE to be so upset over a stupid coke, but it is just so hard when I am so stressed out.

And...my reasons to be stressed out are so stupid, I should not even worry about these things. I am wondering if it's a hormonal thing, but I still have 2 weeks to my period :?: every little thing is just making me want to cry today, no idea why.

Sebas: I think it is okay once in awhile to get out and let your hair down, long as you are conscious that you're doing that and are willing to face consequences later. Sounds like you know what to do now and will get back on track quickly. Being home all the time is hard, it was probably so great to be out with friends!

Beverlyjoy
12-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Hi folks...yes - you are all right - it helps to plan. Sometimes plans change...but, with a plan my head doesn't spin with "what will the next food be".

My plans for today.

work in my office today
go to the pool
grocery store
meditate, journal food, plan,stretches

breakfast - ff cottage cheese, pears, pnb toast, tea

snack - carrots

lunch - turkey pastrami, open face with mustand, veggies and dip

snack - yogurt and flax, crackers

dinner - homemade turkey soup, veggie

snack - cherrios, 1/2 banana, milk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hellokitty81668
12-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Good Morning everyone..
Welcome back Rhonda..Purple congrats on not going over your calories at a fast food place.
I did much better yesterday, I didn't snack on junk... I didn't count calories, but think I did ok.. For dinner I did eat the amy's veggie lasagana, but also had one dolmo( a grape leave stuffed with rice and herbs), and 2 spinach rice balls( golf size balls with rice, spinach , and low fat feta cheese)... I don't think this messed up anything, because it wasn't alot, it was a little. I had yogurt , and pear and rice cakes for snacks.So I am feeling good. I can do it today too.
I am going to exercise soon, and then eat bkfst..
bkfst will be the 7 grain hot cereal, banana, and honey
lunch will be 2 veggie hot dogs( smart dogs) and 2 wheat buns with mustard( 250 calorie total)
dinner... tylapia with chayote squash
snacks.....yogurt, fruit , rice cakes and more yogurt if I get hungry!!
I can do this today!!!!!
Have a great on plan day everyone.
cheryl

Schmoodle
12-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Morning chiclets,
It's so helpful to come here in the morning and write down the plan for the day. So, here's today:
B - deviled eggs, 1/2 cup chili, coffee
S - turkey/lettuce rollups
L - Chicken Noodle Soup, salad
S - peanut butter apple and a latte
D - custom ww pita pizza and salad
S - yogurt with almonds

Kind of weird, I'll admit, but today is grocery shopping day and the pickings are slim!
Cheryl, glad you had a good day!
Rhonda, I'm glad you don't feel guilty, what's the point? When I go off, I just pick myself up and get back on, no looking back. You are back on the right track!
beverlyjoy, you're so right, doesn't it make the whole day easier?
purplefirefly, you are awesome for pouring out that coke when you were feeling so weak! I hope you are feeling more up soon. We all have those times and just have to ride them out. Sounds like you are doing great!
Have a good one chickies!

Purplefirefly
12-07-2007, 11:50 AM
I had breakfast with my friend at IHOP and think I did okay :) I didn't see the healthy menu anywhere, but I normally eat an omelet at home, so I had a spinach mushroom omelet without the sauce, and instead of pancakes had the fruite bowl. Let me tell you, it was so so good. The omelet was big so I didn't eat all of it, but it had mushrooms and swiss cheese inside, then the whole thing was wrapped with spinach on out the outside, then there was a little more swiss cheese and some fresh chopped tomatoes on top. I asked about sauce and it did come with something, but I told them to leave it off. The fruit bowl was SO worth it, a big bowl with big chunks of pineapple, cantaloupe, green melon, grapes, and I think something else, I forget now. It was so much I shared with my friend.

My friend actually said "Wow, you eat too healthy for me, girl" and that made me feel good. i told her about going off sugar and all...but get this, she has lost 10 lbs. in a month without much trying here I am eating half the calories her skinny butt is taking i, and I might lose 1 this week if I am lucky. Just not fair sometimes :mad:

I have no idea how many calories that omelette was :shrug: guess I'll count it 600??? The menu is on their website, but I can't find nutrition info there. How would you all count it?

Slashnl
12-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone. Hope you're all having a great day. My day is really good because I took the day off! :woohoo: I'm having a somewhat lazy day, but I'll be getting a few Christmas things done today. Not going to worry about it much... :sssh: ... because it's a "special" day... :hb: Not all that exciting to me, but I'm taking advantage of just being home and relaxed!

I'll still stay on plan though! I'll have to find some other way to exercise because it is pouring rain here. Yes... rain. Snow in the mountains, but rain here.

Rhonda: Glad you're back! Enjoy that new gym!!!
Purple: Sounds like you chose well at IHOP. Good for you!!
Schmoodle: Do you have an "on plan" recipe for deviled eggs? How do you fix them?
Cheryl: You sound so much better today!! Glad to "hear" it!
Beverlyjoy: Planning is good! (Wish I was better at it!!)
Nicole: I understand scale frustration!!! Hang in there!

Hope everyone else is doing well!! Have a great day!

Schmoodle
12-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Slashni, I am on South Beach, and mayonnaise is okay for us beachers, so it's on-plan for me. As a matter of fact regular mayo is preferred over lite or reduced fat because the regular is made with healthy fats and the others replace the fat with sugars. Of course, portions count too, so I just use the minimum amount I need to smoosh up the yolks and help it along with a little water, vinegar, and mustard. Then S&P and that's it! Just your basic deviled egg recipe. I usually make up a platter every week, but I don't have to worry about overeating them because I'm lucky if I get more than 3 or 4 before they're gone!:D

Happy birthday to you! Hope you have a great day!

Mavesse
12-07-2007, 07:17 PM
I think I'm going to have to make myself some deviled eggs, Schmoodle. It never occurred to me to eat them for breakfast, but now I will!

Here's me today, a little behind as usual. A "little behind"...I should be so lucky!

Anyway:

Breakfast: mocha-latte, mandarin orange (6)
Lunch: open-faced turkey sandwich, light mayo, Diet Pepsi (5)
Dinner: vegetarian chilli, mashed potatoes, tea with honey (7)
Snack: ice cream sandwich, tea with milk, Asian pear (6)

rakel
12-08-2007, 12:26 AM
I did a blog post about devilled eggs almost a year ago--- this is my recipe. When using light mayo, I once calculated it out to be about 100 calories an egg (50 calories per half) ... they are super good and easy to make. I usually whip up a batch every month, it's a nice treat once in awhile, and as long as you don't eat the whole plate full, it's really not off plan or anything. I'd imagine using regular mayo might add a few more calories but probably not that much actually.

http://rakel.vox.com/library/post/the-perfect-deviled-eggs.html

xtrisaratops
12-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Game plan for tomorrow:

Water--AT LEAST 1.5 liters throughout the day.

I'm going out with the boyfriend to do some Christmas shopping; he wanted some help picking out presents for the women in his family, and asked me to tag along, so we're trekking out to a bigger city and seeing what we can come up with.

He's letting me pick where we eat, though, which I genuinely appreciate. I wish I could say that I have a solid game-plan for exactly what I'm eating, but I really don't. I'm not all too familiar with the area we're heading to, so I'm kinda just going to have to go with the flow.

I've set guidelines for myself though:

1. Control carbs and salt as much as possible.
2. No heavy sauces.
3. NOTHING FRIED OR BREADED.
4. Get fruits and veggies wherever possible.
5. Try to keep away from sugar as much as possible.

Now that I think about it, I do believe there is a little bistro-type cafe right down the street from the mall, so maybe I'll pop in there and see what it looks like. I'm sure they'll have soup and salads that I could enjoy, and probably some kind of seasonal fruit.

Not going to worry about exercise too much, since we'll be walking all day. He wants to do the big Midnight Ferris Wheel too, which is kinda sweet, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I just hope I don't venture too far off-plan.

Beverlyjoy
12-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Good morning chickies!

Speaking of deviled eggs....I like to make an "egg white" salad. I take the egg whites, hard boiled, and mix them with lite miracle whip, mustard, a little pickle relish and love this open faced with lite cheese melted on top. It tastes just the same.

My plans for today:

- lots of office work to catch up on
- stretches, journal food, meditate
- water
- hangin' with my sweet hubby

breakfast - ff cottage cheese, 1/2 banana, pnb toast
snack - carrots
lunch - turkey pastrami and lite cheese open face sandwich, cauliflower
snack - yogurt, flax, fish crackers
dinner - out with friends - I checked the online menu - I'll have a grilled mahi mahi sandwich (I'll eat it open face, probably) with extra tomato on the side (no fries)
snack - cereal, 1/2 banana, milk

Tonight we are going on our annual dinner out and looking at Christmas lights with another couple. :cp::cp: It's such a fun tradition.

I hope everyone has a GREAT day.

mj5
12-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Hi everyone! This weekend is going to be a busy one. I am going to one of my neice's basketball games. Then she and I are going to make some Christmas candy--it will either be sent with her or put in the freezer. It's funny because normally I would be snacking on the ingredients all week, but I haven't even thought about touching any of it--it doesn't even appeal to me. I don't want to mess up any of the progress I have made so far!

Tomorrow I am going shopping with a friend. I am not looking forward to being out in the crowds, but I am looking forward to spending time w/ her. We haven't seen much of each other lately, so it will be nice. We are both trying to be healthier, so going out to lunch will be easier--it's always easier when the other person is trying to eat healthy too!

We finally have a Christmas tree! The house smells fantastic! It is sitting in the living room in the stand--no lights or decorations on it yet, but that's ok! It might be Monday before we can get to that! My hubby works in retail, so this time of year trying to find time to do anything together is NOT easy!

Purplefirefly--Thanks! You keep going too, you are doing great! Sometimes it's those stupid little stressful things that push us over the edge. It's ok. You CAN do this! I know you can!!!! Mmm your breakfast sounds SO good! The fruit salad sounds like what I have ordered to take to my inlaws for next weekend.

Rhonda--Welcome back! No need to feel guilty. You deserve to have fun! A home gym, that is SO awesome! I wish I had room for one here. My knee is ok, thanks for asking.

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you have a great plan! I love looking at Christmas lights. Hope you had fun.

Cheryl--Good for you! I know you can do this too!

Diane--Hope you enjoyed your day!!!!

Schmoodle--Did you get your grocery shopping in?

I don't eat deviled eggs, but I saw a show on the food network--Ellie Krieger (probably spelled it wrong!) where she uses only 1/2 the yolks and then uses some tofu along w/ mayo, mustard, etc. They looked like reg deviled eggs to me, but like I said, not a recipe I would try because I don't like them in the first place.

Sara--Welcome back!!! How are you?

rakel--How are you doing?

nicole--How are you? I hope things at work are settling down a bit for you!

Next weekend we are going to see my inlaws. I am taking salad and a fresh fruit salad so I know there will be two healthy items to eat. I am not much of a drinker, but I do like a glass of wine from time to time, so I am going to take some wine with us (there are some great local wineries all around us) and not let myself feel guilty if I choose to have some.

Ok, I have rambled on and on.....long enough! Oh, I almost forgot! I decided to treat myself for finally getting into the 240's.....I bought myself a new purse. At Kohl's I found a super cute purse on clearance for $7!!!! I just couldn't resist!

Have a great day!

Schmoodle
12-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Morning chicas!
Todays menu:

B - 2 deviled egg halves, oatmeal with blueberries, coffee
S - Turkey lettuce roll-ups, raw carrots and radishes
L - Open faced turkey sandwich, salad, steamed sugar snap peas
S - Clementiine, latte
D - Meatloaf, sauteed cabbage, mashed potatoes (for the kids)
S - Ricotta cheese

Hmmm, needs more veggies, better go scour the fridge.
There that's better.
I did not get out last night, so this weekend is cleaning, groceries, cooking for the week, and a little Christmas shopping. Tomorrow we'll get our tree and put it up after DD gets back from her camping trip.

Mavesse, I've really been into non-breakfasty breakfasts lately - refried beans with salsa and cheese, turkey sandwich, deviled eggs, leftover dinner. I think it gets my motor going in the morning better than carb-y things.
Sara, sounds like a fun day, have a great time!
Rakel, thanks for the recipe!
mj5, good luck staying away from the candy!
beverlyjoy, your sandwich sounds yummy. That would make a great breakfast too!
Enjoy your lights-looking outing. We used to do that where we lived before with a couple of other couples. Very fun!

Purplefirefly
12-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Today is our town's Christmas parade, where the kids usually load their pockets, and mine, up with candy tossed from the floats. They are super excited and I like to watch the floats...so we are going but with a new rule: they can load up their own pockets but NOT mine! No candy goes into my pockets. This is not just to stop me from wanting to eat it, but also because they don't need all that candy! We still have Halloween candy that I'm about to toss.

(Scale was down 2 lbs. this morning, hoping for 3 by Monday...which will put me back under 240, yay!)

rakel
12-08-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm doing okay, yesterday wasn't exactly on plan, but I didn't do so bad and the scale is showing a .5lb loss. We were suddenly asked to go to the cheesecake factory for a birthday thing (gosh, birthday things are happening like every week now). The wait was forever and John and I were both famished, so we walked over to a pizza place nearby and I got 1 slice loaded with veggies, then we walked back and we shared a single slice of cheesecake. Prior to that I only had 1 egg and 2 tacos. After that, I ate an apple, some pudding and less than a serving of rice cakes.

I'm getting ready right now to prepare for an art show I'm doing tonight, so let's hope I make some monies!!

Mavesse
12-08-2007, 01:46 PM
'Morning everyone! Today will be a bit of a challenge for me as I'm spending the day with my mom. She's making biscotti for all of her friends for Christmas. My job is to dip them in chocolate...Sound familliar mj5? I do want the shared Christmasy experience, just no shared calories! :p

I'll have to bring my lunch, as lunch at the parents is almost always grilled cheese, and sneak home before dinner, which will annoy my dad, who loves to see me across the table :D I just know that I'm not ready to face all the temptations of mom's home-cooking, though. Maybe somewhere down the road, when I'm more established in my new healthy habits.

Here's me for today:

Breakfast: cream of wheat pudding, blueberries, coffee with skim milk (6)
Lunch: chicken noodle soup, four stoned-wheat crackers, light cheese, apple, Diet Pepsi (7)
Dinner: mini pizza, salad with light dressing, mineral water with splash of cranberry juice (8)
Snack: tea with milk, four spice snaps, canned pears (5)

rakel: good luck with the show tonight! And thanks for the awesome recipe! I wind up going to so many potlucks and this will make it much easier. Deviled eggs are perfect because then I don't have to even have the wrong kinds of ingredients hanging around my house, just waiting to cause problems.
Purplefirefly: congratulations on the 2lb loss!
Schmoodle: you're so right about protein! There's an egg in my breakfast today!
mj5: good luck with the candy-making...and well done staying out of those ingredients!
Beverlyjoy: your food plan looks exemplary. Can you tell I'm a teacher :) Have fun tonight!
xtrisaratops: I hope you're having a lovely day. The ferris wheel sounds very cool.

Have a great day everyone!

Purplefirefly
12-08-2007, 02:02 PM
I didn't get any candy in my coat pockets, but watching the kids choose 1 piece when we got home was SO tempting. I would usually pick out what I liked while they picked...but this time I just made sure they each only took one, then put it way up in the cabinet with the halloween candy (which we all have long forgotten, and I'll toss today). I knew I was hungry and it was noon, so I made lunch and with a full belly it is not as tempting. I'm going to exercise now, that should get it out of my head :)

rake--Good luck! I hope you make lots of $$$

Mavesse--sounds like you have a good plan, stay strong :strong: I wouldn't be able to handle that yet, but maybe one day.

xtrisaratops
12-08-2007, 10:57 PM
I've only got a few minutes, so I'll try to wind everything up. Boyfriend and myself are headed off to the winter carnival in a few minutes, and he thinks I'm just in the house changing clothes XD.

Breakfast--two deviled egg halves smooshed up and served on dry wheat toast, 1 orange, and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.

Lunch--Surprise for me! Boyfriend packed a picnic lunch and we ate in the park, next to the little lake they have there. He packed some shredded chicken, vinegar-based coleslaw, apples, and all kinds of greens, and we stuffed them inside whole-wheat pita pockets. Then, we fed each other fruit. I swear, he blows my mind sometimes!

Dinner--More sharing. We had chicken fajitas at a Mexican restaurant. I only had two tortillas, and I managed to avoid the tortilla chips entirely. Boyfriend had some, but I tried to lose myself in our conversation so I wouldn't be tempted.

I was dreading having to face carnival food tonight, but I'm seriously so stuffed that I can't even be tempted to put anything else into my mouth, aside from possibly more water.

I filled up my 1.5 liter water bottle last night and stuck it in the freezer, and by 3 PM, it was all gone. So maybe I need to up my water intake a little? I dunno yet. I'll give it a few more days and then re-evaluate.

Have a great night everyone!

mj5
12-08-2007, 11:06 PM
I made it through the candy making! One kind left and if I get to it fine, if not well, there is always next year! It is all labeled and packaged. There is some in our refrigerator for hubby to sample when he gets home. It is so bizarre, but I just didn't even have the urge to try it. Who is this person?!!!!

Tomorrow a friend and I are going to an outlet mall shopping. It will be cold, but there will be lots of walking wich is a good thing!

I'll check in w/ everyone tomorrow.

mj5
12-08-2007, 11:10 PM
oops, I forgot to paste in the rest of my post.....

Here it is!

Schmoodle--Oh, thanks for reminding me! We have clementines that I keep forgetting about!

Purplefirefly--Good luck at the parade--I know you will be fine! Awesome! 2lb loss!

Rakel--How did the art show go?

Melissa--Yummmmmmm, that sounds so good! I have to say, even when making our candy, I still didn't snack on any of the stuff. Unless you count eating one chocolate covered sunflower seed--I have never tried one before and wanted to know what they tasted like--only had one.

Sara--We must have been posting at the same time. Sounds like you are going great! Have fun at the carnival!

rakel
12-09-2007, 02:20 AM
The art show went pretty well actually! I got a million compliments and people seemed very enthusiastic about my art and jewelry, which is definitely very encouraging. I made some money, more than I expected, and more than I've ever made at a show in the past, but nothing too serious. It was definitely worth my time and I would love to do more! I do need to work on my display some, though. It was a last minute thing and could definitely have room for improvement.

Anyhoo, as for food, I haven't tallyed it up or anything, but I didn't do too bad. They had food at the show, but I stuck to the veggies/fruit and didn't even feel the least bit inclined to dig into the chips & dip.

Beverlyjoy
12-09-2007, 06:34 AM
Hello!

Today I am telling stories at a company Christmas party. (I am a professional storyteller & puppeteer). It's my third year there...I am grateful.

The Christmas lights were gorgeous last night - we ended up in an neighborhood with million dollar homes....WOW - it was alot of fun to see the lights and the homes.

Other plans:
journal food, meditate, stretches, water

mom's coming over for supper

breakfast - egg white scramble, pear, pnb toast
snack - carrots
lunch - Morning Star vegetarian corn dog, broccoli
snack - yogurt with flax, crackers
dinner - turkey soup, veggie
snack - Cheerios, 1/2 banana, milk

Schmoodle - good job on the cooking for the week - great planning. Have fun putting up your tree.
purplefly - glad to hear the scale went down! And..no candy in your pockets at the parade - good for you!
Rakel - glad you show went well - and eating fruits and veggies is great.
Mavesse - I was a teacher too - until I retired early to become a storyteller.
Sara - hope the carnival was fun.

Have a great day! (and thanks for making me feel welcome in the group :)- I am kind of new here)

Schmoodle
12-09-2007, 11:43 AM
happy Sunday, chickies, as I posted in the Christmas Gift Contest thread, I made my Christmas goal today and finally into onederland! Thanks for all the encouragement!
So here's the menu for today:
B - Open faced ham and cheese sandwich, tea
S - String cheese, V8
L - 3 bean salad, tuna fish, on lettuce
S - Clementine, latte
D - Meatloaf, salad, random veg, mashed potatoes (for the kids)
S - Ricotta cheese

Beverlyjoy, have a great time at the party. Puppets and stories sounds like so much fun!
rakel, congrats on a successful show! All you artsy-fartsies, I am jealous of your talents...
mj5, happy shopping! Just make sure the candy is gone by TOM! lol That's when it would start calling to me!
Sara, sounds like a good weekend and what a sweetie your boyfriend is!
Mavesse, chocolate dipping? Oh my gosh, no way I could handle that. Have you seen that commercial on TV where the woman puts her whole face into the chocolate fountain? That would be me!
Purplefirefly, good job on the candy!

Have a great Sunday chicks!

nicolen
12-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Hi everyone!

Well, I never thought I'd say this, but thank god it's Monday. I have had the crappiest weekend that I've had in a long time which culminated in the house behind me burning to the ground last night. Seriously.

It started with a massive fight with my sister over Christmas sleeping arrangements. Bottom line is she's accused me of some nasty things and attempted to emotionally blackmail me into doing things her way regardless of what the results would be for me. I know we'll have this resolved by Christmas, but at this point in time I'm not prepared to speak with her - I'm still too angry with her over the emotional blackmail.

Then on Friday night the cat brought in a frog and dropped it on my bed. At 1:30 in the morning.

Then on Saturday night the next door neighbours over the fence had a party - and then their house burnt down last night. I've had a migrane all weekend and am feeling absolutely washed out. Fun fun fun.

About the only good thing is that I'm back to ticker weight, although I'm not sure whether or not to go with it since I haven't eaten much this weekend.

That's OK - today is a new day and I can move on.

Have a great day everyone :hug:

Mavesse
12-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Morning all!

Here's my plan for today:

Breakfast: French toast, syrup, coffee w/milk (9)
Lunch: cheese sandwich, grapes, tea w/sugar (8)
Dinner: turkey burger w/light mayo, cranberry sauce, green salad w/light dressing, Diet Pepsi (9)
Snack: tea w/milk, mandarin orange (2)

nicolen: How stressful to have a fire so near to your own home! Hope you are able to get some rest today.
Schmoodle: Onederland!!!! Good for you!!!!:cb:
Beverlyjoy: I want one of those corn dogs! I don't think they're available in Canada, though.
rakel: Congratulations on your successful show!
mj5: I'm impressed by your will of steel around the candy :)
xtrisaratops: I love the way you had such a special day without going off your plan!
Purplefirefly: Well done binning the Halloween treats! I still have mine (I only had six trick-or-treaters :() and I'm holding on to it because I'm hoping to make pinatas with my students. You have inspired me to drag my stash to school, where I can store it in the art cupboard!

Have a great day, everyone :D

rakel
12-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks everybody!

Nicole-- Wow, sorry to hear your sister is trying to manipulate you like that. :( and that fire -- man o' man. It's good you're back to your sticker weight though, life throws us all kinds of problems and stresses, but we still have to learn to turn off the emotional eating so it's tough! Best of luck to you through THIS holiday season!

xtrisaratops
12-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Nicole--I'm so glad you're alright! I would have been terrified, and would probably have stuffed my face without something needless. Stay strong!

Rakel--Sounds like you had fun at your show! I'm glad you managed to make some money out of the deal; that's always a plus!

Breakfast--1/2 of a rather large grapefruit, 1 slice whole wheat toast with 1 scoop cottage cheese and some turkey.

Lunch--large salad with more turkey, some hard-boiled egg whites that I ran through a cheese grater, cucumber, and salsa instead of dressing.

Snack--Mini rice cakes with one wedge of Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow.

Dinner--Feeding the boyfriend again tonight. I was going to make my Cheesy Pecan Chicken, but it's really cold and gloomy today, so I have the crock pot going with a big batch of chicken and veggie stew with beans. I already had the chicken thawed, so I figured I'd use it while I had it.

Have a great day everyone!

SuchAPrettyFace
12-09-2007, 04:25 PM
I am cooking today because we have overtime this coming week. I need to be able to grab & go with my meals & not have to mess around when I come home at night, except to eat my shredded wheat & prunes, drink my milk & go to bed.

What I am making today:

Sloppy Lentils (recipe from Shanagins)
Mock Tuna Salad (recipe from nelie, i have everything except the pickles, i will let you know how it comes out)
spaghetti w/homemade sauce
teriyaki shrimp & veggies
brown rice

I may also bake some potatoes or salmon too.

For breakfasts I have oatmeal at work.

Purplefirefly
12-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Nicolen--So sorry you had that horrible weekend :hug: Hope things look better for you this week.

I made it another weekend sugar free. I am starting to go from "I can't believe I'm actually doing this" to a much more relaxed "no problem, this is no big deal." :) Never thought that was possible for me.

mj5
12-09-2007, 08:51 PM
I had a fantastic day w/ my friend. I found lots of great deals while shopping and some really cool presents for people. The best part is....I am almost done w/ my shopping! Just a few minor things--some lottery tickets, a couple bottles of wine, things like that and we are DONE! YIPPPPEEEEE! Now I have a pile of wrapping to do, but that's ok!

Rakel--Congrats on the art show!

Beverlyjoy--Wow, it sounds like you have a great job! I bet the homes you saw were incredible!

Schmoodle--Congrats!!!!! The funny thing is, I made the candy in the middle of TOM and no problem....weird!

Nicole--Oh you poor, girl!!! Big hugs to you!!! It is a new day and you can move on and get through this!

Melissa--It's so odd, I don't know where this willpower is coming from...I'm not complaining though!!!

Sara--sounds like you are doing great!

Suchaprettyface--good for you for planning ahead!

purplefirefly--YEA! Another weekend down!

We walked a lot today. It was cold, but not freezing, so we parked the car and just walked. It was really nice. We went to lunch and I chose an 'ok' salad--could have done better, but overall not bad. I wasn't hungry for dinner, so I just had some fruit. I drank lots of water and am having a nice cup of hot tea right now.

Tomorrow we are (finally) going to decorate our tree. After work I am going to the gym and then I am picking up some take out. I am going to check out the menu next so I can make a good choice now while I am not hungry--instead of tomorrow after I work out. I am going to leave my 'order' w/ hubby and ask him to call and order it, then I'll pick it up. That way, there is less of a chance that I'll change my order to something less healthy.

Ok, I am going to check out that menu, then fill out some Christmas cards!

Have a great night!

Beverlyjoy
12-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Hi folks -

Yesterday was good I had a wonderful, wonderful storytelling yesterday at a company Christmas party. They had so many fun things for the children to do: crafts, a balloon man, a train to give them rides around the factory, Santa, snacks, a "fishing pond" to catch fun prizes, a secret santa area where the kids could select presents for their parents and a storyteller. The kids had a blast. I don't think companies do much of that anymore. It was my third year there...I am happy to be part of this fun day. (I don't do parties very often.) PS - I just drank water while of was there.

Today -
- going to see the foot doctor today
- water, stretches, journal food, meditate
- finish Christmas shopping
- paperwork in my office

food -

breakfast - grits, flax & ff cheese, 1/2 banana
snack - brocolli
lunch - egg white salad sandwich with lf cheese, open face, green bean salad (canned green beans with Kraft Light Done Right Red Wine & Vinegar dressin - quick and yummy)
snack - baked apple with cinnimon and oatmeal on it
dinner - blueberry 12 grain pancakes, turkey bacon, sf syrup
snack - cherrios, 1/2 banana, milk

schmoodle - hmmm...ricotta cheese - good idea. CONGRATS on being in ONEDERLAND :carrot: That's awesome and a wonderful accomplishment.

Nicolen - sorry to hear about your stressful weekend. Oh my goodness! - I am glad your neighbors fire didn't effect your home. Glad you're OK.

Mavesse - yes, the corn dogs are yummy....I hope you can find them. (frozen food section with the Health/Vegetarian foods)

rakel - Hi!

Sara - hmmm, Crock pot chicken and veggie stew - Good idea.

suchaprettyface - Good for you - cooking ahead for the week. Great planning.

purplefirefly - an sugar free weekend...excellent!

mj5 - LOVE those good deals when shopping and just about done...GREAT. Hope you had fun decorating the tree.

Have a great day.