WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for December

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for December

Tammy
12-03-2007, 06:31 AM
Hello!! This group follows the weight watchers plan (well, some of them do), they weigh in on Thursdays (well, some of them do), and they are great to chat with and give support to others (all of them do!!). Everyone is welcome to post here and join us in solving all of the problems of the world!!!!

Tina, good for you for getting Christmas cards done. You and Susan are my heroes!! I've thought about it, but that doesn't help get them done. Tim and Lauren did put up the tree on the porch on Friday night. It looks wonderful. It was great to have them here over the weekend. Didn't want them to leave yesterday, but I knew she had a paper to finish working on and Tim had his own things to work on. He also had to work at the dorm last night.

Possibility of big news for Tim! He had decided that next year he wanted to be an RA in the dorm. He has worked the desk and night staff both years he has been there. Well, apparently there are some openings 2nd semester on campus, and he may have an RA position after Christmas!! He thinks there will be 2 openings in the dorm where he has lived both years, and he would love to stay there. If he does get hired, his room and board will be paid for! All we have to pay is tuition!!!!!! Not sure when he'll find out for sure.

Bob and I are leaving later today just for an overnight trip. Heading down toward Cincinnati. I know we'll hit one of the gambling riverboats because we'll be staying there overnight. we had a coupon for a free night. He needs to start doing more so he is ready to go to Georgia the end of January. I can't believe we'll be leaving in less than 2 months!! I wish we were there today because it is COLD here! The wind is awful, so that makes it feel worse.

Not sure if I'll get back on here today. Hope you all have a great week!!!!

Tina
12-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Tammy, thanks so much for starting us off this month.
Have a wonderful time!!!

I'll write more later. I'm on my way for a bone scan. :)

Tina
12-04-2007, 03:01 PM
I don't think the group has "found" this thread yet. :(

Tammy, I hope you and Bob had a great overnight trip. I wish we could do something like that.
I had my bone scan. It's so fast and simple. The dr. office called that my mammogram was good and my bone scan showed little change. I have some bone mass loss, but not much. He has me on Actonel. I need to eat more yogurt and take my calcium pills regularly. I keep forgetting about them. Shame on me!
I'd love a loss on the scales this week. I've got to drink more water and less Diet Cokes. :lol:

How is everyone?????

Ladybug2680
12-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Tammy - Hope you and Bob had a wonderful overnight visit. What part of GA are you coming to in January?

Tina - I'm right there with you when it comes to eating more stuff with calcium and taking calcium pills. I know if I don't I will most likely end up with osteoporosis.

Over all I'm doing okay. Not as good as I would like to be doing, but not bad either. Monday and Tuesday I went to Jacksonville with two colleagues for a conference. It was fun. Tomorrow it's back to work and I have an IEP meeting scheduled. *sigh* I have started my Master's degree and I'm in my third class right now. I have goofed off a lot and now I'm trying to play catch up. I emailed my professor to explain things so I'm hoping things will get better. We'll see what happens.

I did weigh myself yesterday morning and I'm down from 179.6 to 178.

Tina
12-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Morning,
It's a pretty day here. I'm getting ready to "hit" the treadmill. :)
Tammy, how was your trip?????
Dori, it sounds like you had a fun trip. And, WOW, starting on your masters degree is awesome.
Congratulations on your loss!!!!!:carrot:

Susan, how is school?
Maureen, are you snowed in?

:flow1:

Tina
12-07-2007, 12:09 AM
:( I do not know why people are not posting!

Larry is in the hospital! He's had a maybe pinched nerve in his neck or carpal tunnel in both hands for several months.
Yesterday both hands were numb. His doctor saw him and said for us to go to the ER because they would run the tests and she would have to schedule them. It might be weeks before they'd do them.

Still don't know anything. Very slow.
Cat Scan of his neck tonight or in the morning.
That's all for now.

Tammy
12-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Tina, we had a nice time getting away. It was liking having the old Bob back. He joked around, he laughed, he ate, and he had a great time. good for you on the bone scan and mammogram!! I go for my mammogram next week.

Sorry to hear about Larry!!! I can relate to the arms/hands being numb. Before I was diagnosed with the fibro, mine would go numb all the time. Very difficult to drive. Once I was on the meds, it did help with the numbness. I went for physical therapy, and I was wearing braces on both arms. I did have surgery on the right one because the nerve damage was pretty severe. I still get some numbness after the surgery, but not like before. My left arm still goes numb when I drive, but I have never had surgery on it.

Keep us posted on what he finds out!!!!

Dori, we'll be leaving here the last week of January for Jekyll Island. We can check in at our condo on Feb. 1. We're planning to stop a 2-3 nights on the way down. I know we plan to go to Charleston, SC, to visit with my cousin's daughter and her family. Her twins are 1 1/2 years old, and we've never seen them. Can't wait!

I have my master's degree. It was alot of work, but well worth it in the end. One class I took was a total eye opener for me. We were observed by someone from the university, and we received feedback. I was doing a better job than I thought I was, and it really gave my morale a boost at the time. Our principal at that time rarely observed, so I really didn't know how I was doing. Good luck with your classes!!!

I'm feeling better today. I had a flu bug yesterday, so I wasn't out of bed much except to run to the bathroom. My bucket was my friend. Yuck, huh??

Hope everyone will start posting! I'm guilty for not posting. We got back Tuesday night, and then Wed. I was at the soup kitchen and I had another meeting. Wasn't on the computer much.

Tammy
12-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Tina, how is Larry?????????????????????

Tina
12-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Tammy, thank you for caring!!!!!

He got to come home last night. I'm very worried about him.
I'll e-mail you.

Tammy
12-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Lets keep those prayers rolling for Tina and Larry gang!!!

Sure wish others were posting!!!

Kramer has me up again way too early. Of course, the next 3 days I have to get up at 4:30 because I'm helping out at the Christian radio station again. If I do the early shift, I have the rest of the day to do whatever, so I'm doing early again. I'll regret it by Wednesday!!!

Back to bed for a while before I have to get up to get ready for church.

auntie
12-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Hey...... remember me???? I don't like the new change to a new place. Not use to it. Plus life has been crazy. But I'm here now :)

Tammy, I'm glad Bob is doing better and had a good time on the trip. It was good for both of you.

Tina, tell us about Larry? How is he??????? I might try calling you in a little while.

So much has been going on that I don't know if I'm coming or going. My personal trainer is moving to Europe next week. So we are cramming in all of my sessions or as many as possible. She has been wonderful and will have someone for me. But it won't be her.

My guinea pig (class) is very sick. I thought we were going to have to put her down but still not sure. She has a horrible bladder infection and not eating. So I'm having to now force feed her. The vet said that she was doing better. Our Living Material Center had her for a week and took her back to the vet and said she could come home. So I got her back on Friday but I'm keeping her here at home until she improves. They forget to eat if they get sick and will starve to death.

My diet is not!!! I am still ordering the food but not doing to well on sticking to it. I am either not hungry or eating something I'm not suppose too. I plan on getting back on track. Wish it wasn't so hard for us!!!!!

I'll stop for now so I don't right a novel. Tammy, I was late getting cards out :) Pat even pointed that out to me.

Ladybug2680
12-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Well ladies, things in my neck of the woods aren't going all that great.

My grandmother had a stroke on Saturday. Yesterday morning we got a call stating she was unconscious/not responsive and around 1:45 they called to let us know that they had to move her to ICU and she's on a vent. Last night my mom went to see her and her temp had gone up to 106. They put a cold blanket on her and the temp went down to 101. I don't have any new news as of right now. I'm going to call my mom during planning and see what is going on.

With all of that I'm not doing that well when it comes to eating. Sigh.

Tina
12-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Hi,
It sounds like Tammy is the only lady that is doing well right now. Good for you!
Susan, I'm sorry Pat is having his problems. You are in my prayers, you know that!
Dori, that is so awful about your grandmother. Please let us know whenever you have new news.
Larry talked to his neurologist this morning. A test will be done Wednesday and then a surgeon will talk to us sometime.
Prayers are welcome and needed.

Ladybug2680
12-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Ladies, grandma is getting worse.

Yesterday an MRI and CTscan were done. They showed a stroke on Saturday, a bigger one on Sunday, and there is one that can happen at any moment located near her brain stem. I honestly believe she is waiting for my dad to get there and then she will let go. Things aren't easy, however I appreciate being able to say goodbye and not have it happen suddenly. I plan on going to see her after work today to say my final goodbye. Just wanted to let you all know what was going on. Please continue to pray and keep us in your thoughts. We definitely need it.

Tina
12-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Oh Dori, I am so so sorry. You and your family are certainly in my prayers.

auntie
12-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi All,

Dori, I'm so sorry about your Grandmother. I know it's hard. You and your family are in my prayers.

Tina, what time does Larry go in tomorrow morning? I'll be saying my prayers for you.

Pat's cardiologist wants to see him. His EKG was different than his one in June. He also goes to his GP tomorrow. Hopefully we will find out what is going on!!!!!

Tammy, how is Bob?

How are WE doing? I hope everyone knows that we are here for each other and feel our group strength when it is needed.:grouphug:

Tina
12-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Hi,
Dori, anything new to tell us? I guess you've gone to see your grandmother. Like Susan and Tammy say, we are here for one another.

Susan, how different is Pat's EKG? I hope his doctor could tell y'all something today.

Larry--he had the spine test this morning. We were at the hospital for 5 hours. He will see a neuro surgeon tomorrow.

I'm so stressed out! I'm probably going to lose a pound this week.

Ladybug2680
12-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Susan - Any word on Pat's EKG? Hopefully everything is fine.

Tina - Any news on Larry? I hope all goes well.

I went yesterday and spent the morning with grandmom. We removed the vent at 12:30 pm and she was gone at 12:35. I'm doing better than I thought I would be doing. Looks as though the viewing will be Friday and the funeral Saturday. I find peace in knowing that she is a better place.

auntie
12-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Hi,

Dori, I am so sorry about the loss of your Grandmother. I am glad you were able to spend sometime sometime with her before her passing.

Tina, I'm glad we got to talk. Know that I'm here for you!!

Tammy, How is Bob?

Does anyone have any exciting plans?

Oh, not sure about the EKGs.... all we know that something is different.

Susan

Tammy
12-14-2007, 06:34 AM
Dori, I am so sorry! You've been in our prayers and will continue to be.

Tina, how are things with Larry? And Susan, how are things with Pat?

Right now, I think Bob is the healthy one of our husbands. He has been eating much better, and he is rarely having the choking things. Still gets very tired though. He is laughing more and kidding around and teasing me like he used to, so I know he is doing better.

I'm leaving this afternoon with Carol and Melissa for our annual Christmas trip to the bed and breakfast and lots of shops!!! We wanted snow, and boy are we going to get it. There is a winter storm supposed to hit sometime on Saturday. On Sunday, we'll have to leave earlier if it's nasty so we can take our time coming home.

Tim had an interview for an RA position for 2nd semester. There were 3 openings, and all 3 dorms wanted him!!! Is that cool or what??? He will be staying in the same dorm where he has lived both years. He'll move from 4th floor to 2nd floor. He knows alot of the guys on that floor, so I think he'll be ok. He is one excited kid!! We're excited too because he won't have to pay room and board!!!! If he does a good job, he'll be offered a position for next year. I think he'll be fine. He's a good kid if I do say so myself!!

I went to CJ Banks yesterday and bought a gazillion things! I had a coupon for 25% off if you spent $100. It could be on full price or sale items. Oh my! I went nuts!!! I got about $300 worth of stuff for $125!!!!!!!!!! I came home and went through my closet and pulled things off of hangers. I am taking all of that to the consignment shop this morning. I know that one of the dresses is at least 15 years old. Think it was time for some new stuff?? Bob told me to put the bag under the tree, and that's my Christmas. Sounds good to me!

Tina
12-14-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm barely here!
Dori, I am so sorry about your grandmother. My heart hurts for you and your family.
Susan, I hope Pat keeps getting better news.
Tammy, I haven't read your post but will later.

Larry--we saw the neuro surgeon. He wants that MRI. So, he got on the phone and got a hand surgeon to see us today. They'll take out the sliver and get that MRI. He said Larry's neck is a MESS. He thinks there's more dammage that the myelogram couldn't show, lower on the vertebrae.
This is so scary.

Tina
12-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Larry had an MRI this morning. This was the first time I've been around one of those things. They let me sit inside the room with him. Boy, that thing was so noisy! It only took 15 minutes, thank goodness.
We see the neuro surgeon some time next week. I'm so anxious to hear what he has to say.
Hope everyone stays warm. It's actually cold here tonight.
And, I've been eating so wierdly, that I've lost 2 pounds.
My tracker should get moving again next week. :) Sorry it's for this reason, though.

Ladybug2680
12-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Tina, I hope the neurosurgeon has good news.

Things here are better than expected to be honest. However, I have gained weight due to my erratic eating habits. So tomorrow I will be back on track and stick with it.

Tammy
12-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Tina, the MRI's are very noisy!! I"ve had a couple of them. Would you believe that Bob has fallen asleep both times that he had one???????? Let us know as soon as you know anything!!!!! Keeping you in our prayers!!!

My weekend away didn't help with the food, that's for sure. We did lots of walking though, so I guess that helped. We left at 10:15 this morning because it was snowing and really blowing. The roads were worse the closer we got to home. My back was so tense from driving. After I dropped the others off, I still had to drive about 15 miles to get to my house. It took me 45 minutes! I had told them I would call when I got home, so they were panicing that I hadn't called. Figured I had slid off the road somewhere. Some of the roads (main highways) didn't look like any plows had even been on them!! I'm glad that i"m home safe and sound.

Tina
12-17-2007, 12:17 AM
It's cold here for us. It's 45 and windy. I know that's nothing for some of you. :)
Tammy, I'm so glad you made it home without an accident. I hope your back feels better after a good night's sleep.
Susan, how is Pat doing?
Dori, you will lose that weight.

Ladybug2680
12-17-2007, 06:28 AM
It has turned off chilly here in Southeast GA. The temp this morning reads 34. Yowsers. I'm hoping that it will warm up as the day progresses. We'll see.

Tammy, I remember driving in snow. I hated it. Glad that you and your passengers made it home safely. And like Tina, I hope your back feels better.

Tina, Larry and you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Well I suppose I should run for now. I have to get myself and the kids ready for school.

Tammy
12-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Tina, right now I would like it to be 45!! I don't think we hit 20 today. The wind has died down, so that's a plus. Lots of schools on delays and closed today. Tim and I went to pick up Kramer, and the highway we were on wasn't good. bob just put a Ben-Gay patch on my left shoulder blade. That is the only part that still hurts today. Weird.

Dori, GA better be warmer when we get there!!!!!! Hope you had a good day at school!!

I have homemade pizzas in the oven for supper. We're getting a late start on eating tonight. I printed address labels for my Christmas cards, so maybe I can get a good start on them tonight!! Finally!!!

I'm meeting friends for lunch tomorrow.

Tina
12-19-2007, 12:43 AM
Larry has surgery tomorrow around 11:00 a.m. There's one surgery before his.
His vertebrae are really a mess. Hopefully the doctor can get it all done tomorrow and it will be successful. He said it could be completely successful or partially. And, it might take some time before it's okay.

Please remember us and the doctor and nurses.

Ladybug2680
12-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Tina - Larry, you and everyone else will be in my prayers. Hope all goes well.

Tina
12-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. They are defintely working.
The surgery was a success. Today he has great range of motion in his arms and legs that he had lost the last few days. His hands are still numb but the neurosurgeon believes that with physical therapy, he'll regain feeling. We don't know how long that will take. He's making great strides already.

I slept at the hospital last night, of course. Tonight I came home. I can't wait to sleep in our bed. :)
Dori, how are you doing?
Susan, I hope Pat is doing well. What does the doctor say?
Tammy, are you having horrible weather? I hope Bob is doing good.
Love to all :)

Ladybug2680
12-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Tina, glad to hear that things are going well.

Tammy, how are thing your way?

Susan, how are Pat and you doing?

I'm doing okay. I have to say that the least couple of days I've woken up being very sore in my back and legs. At this point I'm thinking that my weight definitely has something to do with it. It's horrible to have 184 on a 4'10 frame. Something has got to give. I had planned on going to my WW's meeting yesterday, but was unable to make it because I didn't have my monthly pass card and the site was down so I couldn't print it. ARGH. Better luck next time.

auntie
12-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone is doing well! I've been sick as a dog!!! The dr. said it's a virus but I think it could be more but if I don't feel better tomorrow, I'll go to one of those little clinics in CVS.

Tina, I'm glad that Larry is on the healing side of this! Pat's fingers were numb for a while but the feeling did come back. How are you feeling?

Tammy, how is your back?

Dori, Don't be hard on yourself! You've been through a lot recently.

As for Pat, we will know something on Wed. I don't know what we will know but..... at least he will have a CT scan and hopefully it will tell us something.

Are you ready for Christmas? It's hard to believe it is only a few days away. I called my mom and told them that I wasn't coming down until I felt better. Really it's that and because of Pat ( I haven't told them anything is going on.)

Well, off to take some more medicine. Night!

Tina
12-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Hi all,
Larry had a really good day. He even shaved himself, and no scratches. :) Today was very quiet. No PT today.
Susan,tell me more about Pat's fingers. How long were they numb before his surgery and how long did it take for the feeling to come back??????
I'm so sorry you've been sick.

Tammy, I hope you feel better.

Dori, I hope you're aren't as sore today.
Everyone needs to relax and have a good weekend.

Tammy
12-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Hi all! Sorry I've been away from the computer.

My back still isn't right. The rheumatologist sent me for x-rays and bloodwork after my appointment on Thursday. She also upped the dosage on one of my meds. I am now taking it twice a day instead of once a day. It really knocks me out, so all I want to do is sleep. Not a good thing.

Dori, I know that my weight has caused me health problems also. Silly thing is, my knees felt better before I lost the weight that I have lost!! I told my doctor that I was just going to gain it all back. I wasn't serious of course!!

Susan, are you feeling any better??
Tina, glad to hear Larry didn't cut himself!!!

We had Christmas with Bob's daughter on Wednesday. All we really do is get together, give her a gift, and leave. She has never gotten Bob anything. That situation is a long story.

We got together with his son, his wife, and their two boys yesterday. We met at Pizza Hut. That was nice because Shawna and I didn't have to do anything to get ready for company!! Our gift to the four of them was $$ to help with their trip to Disney this spring. We had talked to them several weeks ago, so the boys knew that's what we'd be doing instead of individual gifts. They were fine with that. They are 9 and 12, and they are ready to hit Disney!! I want to go with them!!!

We got together with my brothers and their families today. We buy for the nieces and nephews. Mostly gift cards. My oldest niece is getting married in June, so I went to the gift registry and got them a quesadilla maker that was on their list. I told them there would be a gift for them when they get back to Pennsylvania on Wednesday.

Tim and I are headed for Michigan on Wed. morning. We'll be back on Friday afternoon. Bob doesn't want to go because he is still having some bad days. I'll be taking Kramer to the doggy hotel, so if Bob is feeling bad, he won't have to worry about him.

Hope you are all feeling better, and I hope all of you and your families have a Merry Christmas!!

Tina
12-24-2007, 02:42 PM
My wish to all of you is good health to you and your families.
Y'all are such a great group. I'm so glad we are all together.

Larry is so upbeat. Today he thinks he has a little feeling in his little fingers. Some feeling would be a great Christmas gift, don't you think!
I'm getting ready to go see him. I didn't go this morning because I'm just so worn out. I've been up there 9 or 10 hours every day. I can't keep doing that.
Merry Christmas!!!!!!
Tina

auntie
12-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Merry Christmas!!!!

Tina, I'm glad Larry is starting to feel again. What a Christmas present!! Pat said it would come back slowly once the initial shock wears off. I remember he would keep telling me how he could feel things again. He does have a little numbness still but just a little. I really think it is due to the other disk that is bulging. I'm glad you got some rest!

Tammy, ya'll be careful going to Michigan. From here it sounds like it is awful up that way. How is the back?

Dori, how are you Sweetie? Are you ready for Christmas?

I've decided that I HATE being sick!!!!! I'm still feeling horrible, but better. I told Pat today..... I am really sick. He laughed and said "I know."

Hope ya'll have a great evening. We got out to the mall.... needed nothing just to see if it was crowded. There weren't as many people as I thought and not a lot buying.

Tammy
12-25-2007, 06:50 AM
Tina, good health sounds like a good wish for all of us!! We've been a mess, haven't we? Glad to hear that Larry is upbeat. Some feeling in the hands would be wonderful. After I had my carpal tunnel surgery, it made me realize how long it had been since my hand had been "normal". I know that you want to be at the hospital all the time, but you have to think about your health!!!! Get some rest!

Susan, I think the part of Michigan where we are going isn't as bad as other parts of the state. I'm sure they have more snow than we do right now though. Once year we went up there, and they hardly had any snow at all. At home that year, we had a foot of snow on the ground. Now that was weird! My back seems a bit better, but I'm not holding my breath on it! Doubling the one medicine is really not doing me any good. I just want to sleep after taking it. I may start breaking the daytime dose in half and see how that goes.

Being sick isn't fun at all, so you need to get better!!

We went to church last night, and it was a very nice service. We got home about midnight. I fell asleep in the van partway home. Good thing Tim was driving!!

Merry Christmas!!!!

auntie
12-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Merry Christmas!

Amy and her gang are on their way to Disney World. She didn't tell the kids until last night that they were going. She has been sick too and her husband was trying to pack so they decided to tell them. They were so excited!!!!

I'm feeling better finally. I still don't feel great but much better. I missed church because of being sick. Pat is a little grumpy.... I think he is nervous about tomorrow's catscan. He opened his presents and got mad. I almost started crying. He said "I didn't want all shirts!" Now, he got a guitar, jeans, an atlas, knife and microscope camera. I wanted to say "stop being a baby." He never did really tell me what he wanted, other then the guitar because he had to pick it out. Oh well!!!!

Tammy, ya'll be careful!!!

Tina, how is Larry?

Dori, how are you doing?

Tina
12-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Evening,
Boy, this was a weird Christmas for us. Larry's hospital meal was great--cornish hen, dressing, carrots with snow peas, seafood salad and cheese cake. David and I had hamburgers. :( We had a nice time together.
Dori, how was your day?
Tammy, you and Tim have a safe trip and have fun.
Susan, I'm so glad you are feeling better today. Yes, I'm sure Pat is nervous about tomorrow. I'm sure whatever he said to you was because of fear.
You are a good wife!
We all need a good night's sleep. :)

auntie
12-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Larry's meal sounds real good! Glad he is doing better! When does he get to come home?

Thanks Tina!!!! I needed to hear that. You are a good friend.

Tina
12-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Hi all,
They say Larry will come home at the end of this week. I don't know what day they mean.
Then, we'll be going some place 3 times a week for physical therapy. They could come to our house but they have the equipment and space. (My house is a mess now since all I do is sleep and shower there. :lol: )

Susan, did Pat take a pill called Neurontin? They say it helps the nerve endings.
Let us know what you and Pat find out today.

Everyone have a great day.

Tammy
12-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Susan, that is so cool that Amy and crew are going to Disney!!! And not to tell them!!!! I imagine that Pat's grumpiness is because of everything that is going on. I've had a grump at my house too off and on over the past few months.

Tina, Larry's meal sounds pretty good! You should have snitched some off of the tray!! I think going somewhere else for the therapy will be good for Larry. For several weeks, that's the only time that Bob left the house. The therapy place was just up the street from our house, but it was a place to go. Don't worry about your house! Being with Larry is MUCH more important!

We are in our hotel in Frankenmuth, Michigan, right now. Traffic was good, it was in the 30's and mild today. We had a delicious meal at our favorite restaurant here. They are known for their chicken which is what Tim had. I ordered broiled whitefish, and it was super!! I went to the outlet mall for a little bit. Tim stayed at the hotel because he ate too much!! lol

Did I tell you guys about my Christmas gift? When we were married 26 1/2 years ago, we couldn't afford anything fancy for rings. We've had thin white gold bands all this time. Bob has mentioned several times over the years that he wanted to get me something nicer. Well, a few weeks ago we went shopping, and ended up in a jewelry store. Do they have Kay Jewelers where you guys live? Anyway, I pointed out a small wedding set, and Bob said he wanted me to have something bigger and better. Oh my word! It is beautiful! I feel like a new bride! Bob told me that he realized over the past few months how much Tim and I mean to him. He didn't buy Tim a ring though. lol.

Ladybug2680
12-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Glad to hear that everyone is doing okay.

We are down at my in-laws until the 30th. I'm actually enjoying it this time. The last couple of times I haven't and in turn been anti-social and spent most of my time in a room away from everyone. That's a long story and another post. Anyways. I'm watching what I eat, but plan on starting back on WW's the 1st of January. Justin (DH) is going to do it with me, so that will help.

Tammy
12-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Dori, glad to hear you are enjoying time at the in-laws. I can relate about being anti-social. That has happened with me in the past with hubby's brothers and families. How fortunate for you that Justin will be doing WW with you!! I need to be strict about what I'm eating. I need to lose some pounds before we head south, and definitely before my niece's wedding in June. Speaking of heading south, I just checked a map on here, and you are very close to where we will be in February! I didn't know it was that close! The one thing I read said 40 miles from Jesup to Brunswick. We'll be staying on Jekyll Island. Do you think there is a possibility of getting together sometime while I'm down there??????

We are ready to head out for supper and more shops. I really haven't spent much money. Last night I bought a book and a couple of cards, today so far I have bought 2 ornaments.

Hope everyone is doing ok!!!

Tina
12-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi,
We are 99% sure that Larry gets to come home tomorrow. Yea! Next week, he'll begin outpatient physical therapy.

Susan, how is Pat? Have you found out anything yet?

Dori, I'm glad you had a good visit. It's great that your husband will do WW with you. It makes cooking lots easier.

Tammy, you big spender you! :lol: I know that you and Tim are having fun.

Tina
12-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Larry is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan, how is Pat??????

Tammy
12-29-2007, 11:04 PM
HOORAY!!!! That has to be a relief for both of you!!! Woo hoo!!! I know how we felt when Bob came home in September, so I can really relate!! Try to get some rest. BOTH of you!!!

I ended up going back to the outlet store on Thursday night. I hit a Borders outlet and Bath and Body Works outlet. OH, also Pepridge Farm outlet. I spent a bit more then. lol

This morning Kramer had me up early, so I started taking ornaments off of our big tree. It always takes me so long to match them up with the right boxes. Our house looks like it has been De-Christmasfied. lol Still have 2 smaller trees up. Well, the larger tree is still up, but we'll be taking it down possibly tomorrow. I want that one put away before Tim heads out of here on Wed. morning.

Hope to hear from the rest of the crew soon!!!

auntie
12-30-2007, 12:36 AM
Hi,

Wellllllllll the CATSCAN showed NOTHING!!!!!!! So who knows what is wrong! Pat still says he is having pain but where is it coming from. He is going to go back to his GP. I mentioned to him, if it could be his neck. He still has the bulging disk in his neck. I think that has him thinking now. I'll keep you posted.

I'm finally feeling better. Still coughing some and sound stuffy but better. I think I might go home next week for a few days. I might go on Wed. and come back Sat. or Sun.

I've exercised the last 3 days. I'm impressed with myself.

Tina, I am so glad that Larry is home!!!!!!! I know you both are exhausted!!!

Tammy, we have Kay jewelers down here. I'm so glad that you got a new ring. That was sweet of Bob!!!!

Dori, don't worry about being antisocial some. I think we all do that sometimes.

Tammy
12-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Susan, sorry that the catscan didn't show anything! I feel like it's better to know something than nothing when I have stuff going on. My friend Carol has been having major pain also, and they have figured out that it is from an area in her spine that is crooked. The doctor said it has probably been that way since birth, but it has started bothering her because of age. I think that bulging disk could very well be Pat's problem. Hope he gets some relief very soon.

Get over that cough!!!! When do you have to go back to school? (That S word!!) Impressive about the exercise!! I need to remember how to do that.

I agree about Bob being sweet. When Tim and I were in Michigan, Bob called several times. I think he missed me!!

Off to church!!

auntie
12-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Hi,
I cleaned the closet out today. I got rid of a lot of stuff! I'm taking it tomorrow to the Senior Citizen donation place. It's a thrift store and the money all goes to the seniors and to Meals on Wheels.

I agree with Pat's neck. I just hope he follows through, because I'm not saying anything else to him. He is not real receptive. :) Ugh!!!!

He also needs to go back to work! He is starting to drive me insane (more than I already am :D

I go back to school on Jan. 7. So I still have another week off. It's kind of nice. Some of the schools go back on the 4th which is sill.

Tina, are you getting any rest?

Does anyone have New Years plans? Pat's band is playing so I'll go with him. Luckily it's in Dallas and not in Fort Worth so it makes it much closer to home.

Tina
12-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Grrr.....I'm not getting an e-mail when people here post!:(

Tammy, that really was sweet of Bob getting you that ring. Yes, we have the store here, also.
You are so lucky to have trees to take down. My sister bought us one (live one) the day before we went to the ER. I threw it out into the yard before Larry got home. We never had a real Christmas this year. I never got out all my stuff. I didn't even want to hear the carols on the radio.

Susan, I was about to call you because I was getting worried about you and Pat. He really needs to get that disc taken care of. He doesn't want numb hands again, does he!

Dori, how was your weekend?

Our New Year's Eve celebrating will be very small this year. Larry wants me to go out and rent us a movie to watch tomorrow night. I have some special crackers and sausage that someone brought us. We'll eat that for a snack.

I am so tired. I hope to do nothing tomorrow.

Ladybug2680
12-31-2007, 01:12 AM
I have to get better about getting on and checking for new posts. Things here are fine. We were supposed to head home today, but I'll think we'll be leaving tomorrow or the first. I told Justin I want a few days to clean up the house from Christmas. I have to head back to work on the 3rd. Joy!! We will officially be starting WW's on the 1st and we are both very excited about it.

Tina - Glad to hear that Larry is home. Both of you take it easy now and rest up.

Susan - Sorry that the CTScan showed nothing. I hope they are able to figure out what is wrong and relieve the pain that Pat is feeling.

Tammy - Congrats on getting new ring. I just recently found my original wedding set after misplacing it. You would have thought I got a brand new set. I would love to meet up with you. Just let me know when. Brunswick is only about 30 mins from little old Jesup.

auntie
12-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Happy New Year's Eve..... Where does the time go???? 2008 already!

I wasn't getting the emails either about people posting but it started up again. So I don't know what happened.

Tina, speaking of numb fingers... how are Larry's? Any more feeling? Ya'll can celebrate Christmas anytime. Just get him well and you rested. The hospital does a number on you. I hope mine goes and gets his neck checked out.

Tammy, I took down our tree day before yesterday. We got a fake one last year so I could keep it up longer but I was ready to take it down a few days after Christmas this year. It did go up the day after Thanksgiving though.

Dori, ya'll be careful on your home. Is your husband going to do WW with you?

Pat has gone to take one of our cats to the vet. I took him in on Friday because he was throwing up water (not a good sign) They did blood work and said Saturday morning bring him back in for an IV plus they wanted to keep him. He has a kidney infection. Well, Pat said to them, if no one was going to be there on Sunday, he would pick him up before they closed. So we did, and he had to go back today. They are giving him fluids to flush his kidneys. So I'm going to try and get a few things done before he gets home and before we have to go out later.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year's Eve

Tina
12-31-2007, 12:37 PM
New Year's Eve---Wow, it is really here!

Dori, be careful going home. Bummer about going back to work. I hope you have time to take down Christmas. :)

Susan, I'm sorry your kitty is sick. Hopefully, this will take care of it's kidney infection. You sure don't want it to have CRF!
I'm glad Pat feels well enough to be out and about before tonight.

Tammy, how is your weather? I know you don't want Tim to leave.

Larry hands----they are still numb. His little fingers felt better for a couple of days. I must say that they don't feel swollen like they did. He says it is like having heavy gloves on. I can't imagine how that would feel.
I am worn out. It's good to be home but I must be "on call" 24 hrs.

Everyone have a fun evening. :D

Ladybug2680
12-31-2007, 06:55 PM
Well it appears as though we will head home tomorrow. We'll pack tonight and then head out in the morning. It's only a 3 hour drive back home, so it really isn't that bad. Tomorrow is my niece's (more like sister) birthday, she'll be 12. We went to the Christian bookstore here in Thomasville and bought here a new Bible. I hope she likes it. I will post again tomorrow when we get home.

Tammy - Yes, Justin (DH) is doing WW's with me. We can't wait.

Susan - Sorry that your kitty isn't feeling well. I hope that with all the help from the vet, he will be back to himself soon.

Tammy
01-01-2008, 07:05 AM
Susan, good for you for cleaning out the closet!! I used to take things to Goodwill all the time. We had a couple of issues with rude people there, so we found another place to take things. I also take things to a consignment shop for larger women. I take stuff to sell, and I also buy stuff there.

Our big tree is still up in the living room. Tim is going back early this afternoon, so he will get it down before he leaves. I hope. He wasn't supposed to head out until tomorrow, but with this crazy weather, he's going back a day early. The dorms are closed until Sunday, so he is staying at a hotel over there for 2 nights, then the band pulls out for Toronto early (very early!!) on Thursday morning. They'll be back sometime early on Sunday. I hope your cat is doing better!!

Many of the schools around here go back on Jan. 2! They went till Dec. 21, so they only had a little over a week off. I don't think I'd be ready to go back yet. I agree with you that going back on a Friday is a bit silly.

We stayed home last night like always. Very quiet. Ate shrimp and other goodies. Watched the ball drop and went to bed.

Tina, I can understand about not being in the Christmas mood. I've been there with those feelings. I hope you are able to get some rest and take it easy for a while. Getting worn out isn't a good thing!!

Dori, good luck to both of you on WW's!!! Having someone right there to help you stay with it will be good for you both. We arrive at Jekyll Island the 1st of February. I'll PM you my phone number when time gets closer, and we can plan a meeting!!! Fun!! That's awesome that you gave your niece a new Bible. I love going into Christian bookstores. The music they play is always uplifting, and I always walk out with a smile. (and a purchase!) Hoping you have a safe trip home.

I'm really nervous about Tim driving the equipment truck to Toronto. It's a larger truck than he is used to, and with this snow and wind, I guess I'm becoming a Nervous Nellie. There is a girl who will be taking turns driving, and I know they'll be fine. He told me that he'll call me when he can. I think he's a bit nervous about taking the truck through customs at the border. There is supposed to be someone there from the International Bowl to speed things up for them.

Kramer just climbed back into his bed, Bob and Tim are still asleep, so maybe I'll grab a blanket and lay on the couch for a while.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

Tina
01-01-2008, 11:41 AM
New thread. Don't post here!