Old 12-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #1  
on my "weigh" down...

S/C/G: 231/214/138

Height: 5'0

Default I need a little help.

First off, I am not new to WWers. I did WWers at the start of the year until mid-summer before I flaked out. In my journey I lost 31 lbs, but have gained 15 back. So I am back on it again. I am doing WWers (at home) flex, but this time around I am planning to use Alli. I just bought Alli yesterday, so I am diong the WWers a few days before I start the Alli like directed.

Anyways... here's my problem:

WWers allows me 26 points a day.
Right now I am only at 13 points..... (breakfast and lunch)

The Alli plan suggests for me 1800 calories a day.. and 19g of fat a day.

Well, I am only at half of my points for the day, and 670 calories and already OVER my fat grams for the day!!!!!!

Is it wise just to do the reg. WWers and not look at the fat grams at all? I mean, I know Alli is all about a fat blocker, and less/low fat diets.. but WWers I am just still low in points for the day but over in fat grams for the recommended grams by Alli.

I hope this is posted in the right section.

Thanks for ANY help!!
RobsWifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:26 AM   #2  
Here I go again!

S/C/G: 170/158/135

Height: 5'6

My only suggestion is to try to find foods that are lower in fat grams to eat throughout the day. That way you can eat more calories and stick to your points without getting the Alli side effects. Can you give an example of what you ate that day?
keelygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:31 PM   #3  
banned

ww'ers isnt about counting fat grams! they do that for you--and it CERTAINLY isnt about alli!!! im sorry but you dont need it-ww works great as written!
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Smile

I too am doing Ww at home, flex. I don't go to meetings as I used to as I already know the program. And have invested that money into gym fees.
I choose to do WW because, as Andrea said they count everything for you,
It is so much easier not to have to look up Cal's, fat, protein etc.
I also like the fact that I can eat anything I like, providing I stay within point's if I want eat nothing but bread for that day I can, Have you ever woke up with a hunger for a big fat juicy steak? With WW you can eat it (if you stay within points) and not worry about all the rest.
If I remember right, 1800 Cal's a day gives you 36 WW points. 50 Cal's is 1 point ( I think) A body needs a certain amount of fat to function , 19grms seems a bit low. I wish you luck in whatever you choose.
Mary
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:32 PM   #5  

Mary, I love you cat!

I'm new here and don't even know if I've posted before, if so not on this forum.

I'd like to join. I started the at home WW because I have all the material and can't afford the meetings so as of the 12-29-07 I've been on the flex plan.

I'm 65 female, weight problem my whole life and know that this plan is healthy as I've tried some pretty unhealthy plans in the past.

I'm going to try for at least 5 days of exercise a week for VD Challange.
I go to Curves for Women and walk.

patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #6  

Hi Patd, To tell the truth I have no idea what I weigh at the moment, have not been to the gym for about two weeks or so.Eaten every thing that hasn't run too fast, and I can feel it around the middle area. At this time I am on holiday and everything has gone out of wack, I really should be getting down the gym at the same time as before but the boogeyman keeps getting in the way. Today this is for the boogeyman And this is for me I am going to journal today (even if it is just today)And I will let you know later.
A reminder before you get too comfortable.
Have you got your water bottle in front of you???????
Have a great day
Mary
Old 01-02-2008, 03:26 PM   #7  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Robswifey.............that is going to be tough. WW does figure it all out for you so to add alli to the program could be hard. I know someone that took alli and she said if you eat too much fat it causes cramps, and a lot of bowl problems - like explosive diareha (ms)!!!! I don't know that anyone can answer your question, but maybe you should just follow one or the other - at least in the beginning. Good luck & keep us posted on your progress!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

If you're going to take the Alli, you will really need to control the fat or you will be ill. I take the prescription version and 19g a day of fat does seem low (I aim for double that) but maybe it suggests that to start with to see how you go. I do straightforward calorie counting but make sure that no more than 30% of the calories come from fat. A gram of fat has 9 calories so its quite easy to work out the percentage of calories from fat if you know how many grams of fat are in a serving and the total calories in the serving.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #9  

Well, made it to the gym, did ok considering my time off. Wrote down everything that went into this big mouth of mine. Stayed OP all day.
Yesterday I got so busy that I actually forgot to eat lunch, but still managed not to pig out at dinner,
MMMmm plans for today are to stay within my points and to journal.
OOppps been here about 30 mlns going to get waterbottle.
time to take my own advice lol
Have a great day.
Mary
Old 01-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsWifey View Post
The Alli plan suggests for me 1800 calories a day.. and 19g of fat a day.
Are you sure the fat limit isn't for each meal instead of the whole day? I was reading on another thread that someone who was taking Alli was limited to 15 grams of fat per meal, not per day.

Kimberly
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #11  

From the Alli website:
http://www.myalli.com/whatisalli/com...atAndAlli.aspx

Quote:
4. what if I consume a diet containing more than 15 grams of fat per meal?
alli is recommended for use 3 times daily with meals containing fat. Meals should contain 15 grams of fat or less. Dietary fat consumption beyond the recommended 15 grams of fat per meal may result in an increased incidence of treatment effects, such as loose stools, more frequent stools that may be hard to control, or gas with oily spotting. These changes may occur in the first weeks of treatment, are not harmful, and can be managed by following a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet with no more than 15 grams of fat per meal. In comparative trials, only about 3% of subjects on alli dropped out due to treatment effects. In fact, anecdotally, many users reported that treatment effects served as a signal that helped them adopt healthier eating patterns.
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #12  
Shelly

S/C/G: 124/Check Ticker/110

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I have also heard of the explosive diarrhea thing with alli. You should definitely watch your fat if you are going to take that. If you lost 30 pounds with WW before, why not just start over with WW and see how far that takes you?
beachbabe8406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:26 AM   #13  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

I think that I would just stick with WW. I would be way too nervous about the Alli. I've heard from someone that took it, that they recommend you to wear dark bottoms, because you can have oily gas and explosive oily diarhea if you eat too much fat! Eww!!!
Good luck with whatever you decide!
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

You can't do 2 diets at the same time it's like counting calories and fat grams at the same time or counting carbs and fat grams you know what i mean? I'll tell what my ww leader told me, when i first started going I woulld just lose a pound a week and she told me that is healthy weight loss, if you're like me you want it off yesterday but the best way to lose it is slowly then your less likely to put it back on I'd much rather lose a pound a week and keep it off the rest of my life, than lose 4,5,7 pounds a week and put it right back on by this Christmas. id take that Alli back I heard some bad stuff on it just this morning on Good Morning America.
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote