Support Groups - The SIX PACK ABS/bikini-ready bodies CLUB - December 2007!

NightengaleShane
12-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey everyone!

Since the initial thread got pretty long, I decided to post a new one here for the month of December.

One month until New Years Day. Does anyone have any New Years resolutions?

ALSO, if you want, you can post your bio/about you thingy here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1930222&postcount=13

goinforthegold
12-02-2007, 12:04 PM
So are we posting our abs now, at the start of this month too? *lol* Mine actually feel particularly good today. That's not to say how they look though. *lol*

I'm actually thrilled to heading into a new year without hating myself and how fat I am. This is the first year I won't be feeling like my New Year's resolution should be losing weight and then feeling like a failure b/c I don't do it.

I do still have some body fat to lose, but I'm working more on recomp now and know that if I don't go any farther, I could easily stay here and be happy. Of course, that's not going to happen...I'm going for the six pack...but that's just for fun...not because I'm a fat pig anymore. KWIM? So, overall body recomp is my goal for next year. I want my body fat as low as it can safely go without messing up my horomones, etc.

What about you?

NightengaleShane
12-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Yup, I'm in the same place as you are. I could be happy where I am, since I have a flat stomach, some minimal ab definition, and am definitely not a fat pig anymore... BUT... it just isn't good enough because I HATE my stomach and I know that I don't have to.

My abs have not made any more progress, or I probably would have posted a pic, being the conceited creature I have the potential of being!

"This is the first year I won't be feeling like my New Year's resolution should be losing weight and then feeling like a failure b/c I don't do it."
SAME HERE!! Since I got fat, I kept saying, "Ok, I will lose weight this year..." and never lost an ounce. If anything, I continued to gradually gain and thus feel like crap about myself. It's weird NOT having a weight loss-related New Years resolution, as I even had them when I was thin. Seriously, I weighed 125 pounds but wanted to be 110-115... and now I realize how SILLY I was... everyone told me I was quite thin yet I was convinced that I was a total lardass.

My resolution is the same as yours... just to get the 6 pack and lower my percent body fat... and keep it there. I think I am going to get my navel pierced once I reach goal. That way, I'll want to show it off andwill never lose my abs again... bwahahaha :devil:

srmb60
12-03-2007, 05:30 AM
Morning!

I don't have anything new or fantastic to report but ... good morning all the same.

NightengaleShane
12-04-2007, 08:16 AM
I have now discovered that Rice Krispies Treats are another trigger food for me. :(

I have made them several times in the last couple of weeks and realize that as soon as I start eating them, I just can't stop! I could eat the entire batch, so I fear I must stay away from them entirely... kind of like how I can't eat chips, most nuts, or Wheat Thins (screw that "thin" bit in the name... how can you be THIN when you can't put down the box? ;)). Salty and crunchy things are my downfall. I MUST STOP!

Today I'm back to the basics: yogurt, protein bars, salad, fruit, grilled or baked chicken, and butt powder.

Bikini Ready
12-04-2007, 11:19 AM
So I'm kind of in a rut... I've been lingering around 170 for a few weeks now occasionally getting to 168 or jumping up to 172, this morning I was 171. I've come to the conclusion that I think my problem is that I'm comfortable where I am so I don't have that oomph of motivation to shake off these last 10 pounds! I have been eating to maintain which will not help my six pack any... Sorry to be a bit of a complainer but maybe I need to vent my frustration which will maybe give me that push I need. Hmmm we'll see...

NightengaleShane
12-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Vent your frustration here all you want to, Melissa. :D

I feel your pain, too. I'm so, so comfy at 135 and since I can fit small-ish sizes, I don't have as much motivation anymore. I'm not trying to lose any more weight, though, but building muscle and losing fat has some of the same concepts as losing weight does.

My problem is that while my body is not what I want, it's a **** of a lot better than all the fat rolls I started out having! I was looking like Krispy Kreme before I lost weight and now that I'm not Krispy Kreme, I'm getting more compliments and attention than I was used to previously receiving. Once I got fat, I forgot that compliments and attention even existed :eek:

I imagine you can relate... I'm sure 168-172 feels a **** of a lot nicer than 190 and since you said you store most of your fat in your butt and thighs, you probably have a great body already :)

srmb60
12-05-2007, 06:18 AM
I need sumthin' folks. I don't know what. Perhaps this is what support is.

I'm in turmoil. I'm struggling but to be perfectly honest, I'm not doing anything. I almost cried yesterday at the feel of my protruding abdomen but went ahead and ate more anyway. Ridiculous amounts of raisin bran and tortilla chips.

I want awesome abs right? I want to be an amazing lookin' 40 something? I want to be a yummy granny right?

Ugh! Blech!

Give me a talkin' to my dedicated friends. Tell me where it's really at.

NightengaleShane
12-05-2007, 07:23 AM
You asked for it, Susan...:lol:

You know you need to eat SUPER clean for nice abs. Here's a bit of potential motivation: I was eating refined sugars, fats, and other crap foods like tortilla chips ;). My abs were slackin'. Yesterday, I ate clean and in the evening, I noticed I could sort of see my abs again. Take it one day at a time. ONE DAY of good, clean eating will make your abs more prominent - think of that.

It's hard to get back on track once you fall off. I've been struggling myself. But I'm back on it and you should join me. I have an idea... do you like friendly competition? We can challenge each other to a week on plan. Whoever stays on plan the week (OR for the most days out of the week :lol:) wins. What do they win? Nothing, really, just eVictory.

goinforthegold
12-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Oh Susan, if only I had some words of wisdom for you. I struggle with this so much it sickens me. I feel like it's not normal to care about food and JUNK food, as much as I do. Last night, I was actually plotting my cheat day...I'm not supposed to cheat for 21 days according to the trainer and I gave her my word yet last night...I was plotting a cheat. And not just a cheat meal...an entire cheat/binge DAY. Premeditated and everything. I was even planning how to hide it from DH. *sigh* Not that he cares but I would just be so embarrassed I wouldn't want him to know. How sick is that?

Luckily I feel stronger today and am staying on plan, but I'm supposed to go shopping tomorrow and that's always hardest for me, between all the candy in the stores and the food court...I honestly, honestly, want to cry when I can't have it. For me, right now...the only thing keeping me hanging on by the tiniest little thread is the trainer and the fact that I gave her my word that I wouldn't. My word means nothing to me, but I'm trying to hold onto a little integrity and not become a lier to other people over food. We will see what happens tomorrow. *sigh* I can work my a** off on the exercising, running, lifting weights, over an hour a day, sometimes two...but the eating is my downfall and without getting that in check, I know all the workouts in the world won't get me where I want to be.

NightengaleShane
12-05-2007, 02:39 PM
I wonder why eating clean is so hard... :( I feel like eating clean forces me to omit so many things I love and forces me to eat more plain, bland things... so in order to maintain my sanity, I try to think about how my abs will look if I eat clean.

Don't ya'll HATE those people who have nice abs and DON'T eat clean? My girlfriend used to have a 4 pack. She doesn't anymore, but she still has a 2-ish pack despite not doing a DAMN thing for it unless eating 4 donuts one day and one pint of Haagan Dazs counts. She never exercises and complains about climbing one flight of stairs yet gets to have abs? Don't get me wrong, they're beautiful, but ...grrrr envy.

I know a few guys who have six packs even though they eat pizza and drink beer. All they do is go to the gym for around 30 minutes every few days and they think going to the gym every day is "a little obsessive" and "a waste of time". I just blamed that on the fact that they are guys ;)

I also have a female friend who DOES work out religiously (well, about as much as I do, which is more than most I know) but still eats crap and has nice abs anyway.

THOSE LUCKY B@ST@RDS! :mad: ;)

Oh well... so what if it is just harder for us... we can do it too. :carrot:

goinforthegold
12-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Don't worry....it will catch up with them. It really will, I promise. And by then you'll have your six pack but they'll be all flabby! *lol* That actually used to be me...I used to be able to eat anything and had a great belly. But, then I got pregnant...and after the baby, I just kept getting fatter and fatter...there went the nice abs. I actually don't know one single person in real life that eats like that and actually has nice abs...well, that's not true, my brother has a nice midsection and eats like crap. Even the young girls around here nowadays I find have flabby bellies for the most part.

I don't really find eating clean hard, it's eating ONLY clean that's hard. I really enjoy everything I eat through the day and don't think anything I'm eating is bland or gross. I just WANT MY SNACKS TOO!!! :) I want dessert...I want candy!! I WANT PIZZA! Ugh, sorry, this isn't helping anyone. *blush*

LOL

NightengaleShane
12-05-2007, 03:17 PM
"I don't really find eating clean hard, it's eating ONLY clean that's hard. "

Ok, THAT is what I am trying to say! I love salads, fruits, veggies with dip... BUT THEN I want some dessert at the end of the day, too! I love grilled chicken but then I love pizza and chips. I love some extra lean steak tips, but sometimes I just want a burger.

There was a time in my life... about two years... when I was pretty thin, ate crap, partied and drank alcohol often, and wasn't too physically active. Correction: I WAS active - I walked everywhere, I had a band... we played on stage and there was never a dull moment, sometimes I had days so busy that I didn't eat much at all until the end of the day (then, I'd go eat somewhere bad like Five Guys or :barf: Taco Bell :barf:), and my life was pretty fun and relatively stress free - but I rarely worked out or consciously exercised. I didn't have abs, either. I had nice legs and a slight bit of arm definition, but I definitely did not look athletic... just thin. I didn't have a flabby belly, just no definition.

You are right that a lot of younger girls these days have flabby bellies. I only know a few girls with nice abs and a whole lot of girls who buy pants a size or two too small and consequently have muffin tops even though they are not fat and would not have them if they would only wear their damn size!

srmb60
12-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Let me see if I can explain.

I'm letting circumstances dictate to me. I'm working a lot. Christmas is coming. The weather and roads have been bad for a few days. The bills all get paid at about the same time ...

I should be stomping my foot and heading to the nearest grocer, instead I'm just floating downstream. Honest, if it weren't raisin bran ... I mean if bologne was the only thing in the house ... I'd be eating it.
It only takes a minute to stop by the grocer on the way home from work and grab a lettuce and some sardines!

I talked to DH. We're definitely going grocery shopping tomorrow night. Lean, clean grocery shopping. I've cleaned the fridge in anticipation of that.
The down slide has to stop and having a well stocked pantry may just do the trick.

We can have seasonal foods for the 15th when the kids are all here and Christmas day ... just for fun ... But not all season long!

I need to grasp some control here!

Thanks for listening.

goinforthegold
12-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Oh, I get ya. You just haven't gotten groceries yet. You actually are normal and aren't completely consumed with food every waking second. I've poured out my heart and nasty little thoughts for no reason. Now I'm embarrassed. *lol*

God, grant me the serenity to not binge out of control and not hit the food court tomorrow when I go shopping. *lol*

srmb60
12-05-2007, 07:12 PM
LOL! Oh no ... I've ducked into the grocer ... but I bought tortilla chips. It seems to be about ... I'm not sure ... I grab something ... it would be just as quick to grab cottage cheese ... There are apples at work (with the danishes).

Nobody nails my butt to the easy chair in the living room.

Ya know that saying about 'what do you want more..." ... well apparently I just want something to eat.

srmb60
12-06-2007, 05:35 AM
I have awakened this morning in a much clearer state of mind.

I wish I could find some common ground between what goinforthegold has been experiencing lately and what I've been doing. Why can't we be reasonably mindful instead of either in it up to our eyeballs or soooo far gone?

I do admit that I feel better when I'm totally into it, than I do now. And goinforthegold is actually seeing results.

Instead of stopping calmly at the grocer with a list of good stuff, I roar home yawning and spend time fuming over the fact that I didn't.

I just have to fit it all in. Think of the time I spend sitting in a chair 'self talking' ... "I am sooo freakin' tired" .... "I can't believe I worked over-time again today" ... I could be doing isometrics or making a list or planning a 10 minute workout or making a pot of soup. I could ...

Alas ... it's a mind game ... and planning seems to be our lucky game piece.

goinforthegold
12-06-2007, 07:56 PM
What a difference a day can make huh!

Me, reasonably minded and food...three words that have no business being in a sentence together. :D I can honestly say that I truly have no idea how I'm doing it because I'm literally dreaming of binging every single second of every day. The only thing that's holding me accountable is the trainer. She has laid out my life for 21 days and so I'm doing as I'm told...I'm white knuckling every second of it, but I'm doing as I'm told. It's sort of nice to take the pressure off myself and have someone else making the decisions for me. She's laid out what I'm to eat and when, when I work out and what I do when I do workout. I'm just following directions and seeing what happens.

At least you're excuse is that you are busy and tired, mine is I'm apparently an emotional wreck. *rofl*

And I might be seeing some new results now, but I spent over three months spinning my wheels and not going anywhere.

Why does it have to be so darn hard!?!

I have awakened this morning in a much clearer state of mind.

I wish I could find some common ground between what goinforthegold has been experiencing lately and what I've been doing. Why can't we be reasonably mindful instead of either in it up to our eyeballs or soooo far gone?

I do admit that I feel better when I'm totally into it, than I do now. And goinforthegold is actually seeing results.

Instead of stopping calmly at the grocer with a list of good stuff, I roar home yawning and spend time fuming over the fact that I didn't.

I just have to fit it all in. Think of the time I spend sitting in a chair 'self talking' ... "I am sooo freakin' tired" .... "I can't believe I worked over-time again today" ... I could be doing isometrics or making a list or planning a 10 minute workout or making a pot of soup. I could ...

Alas ... it's a mind game ... and planning seems to be our lucky game piece.

kaw
12-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Morning, ab-ers. Not much to report here, but wanted to shout out some support to everyone who's struggling with eating only "clean." I had a so-so week myself -- not so good beginning, OK ending -- but that's the way it goes. Get up, brush yourself off, go shopping (that's for you, Susan :) ), and go on.

Stay strong,
Kim

srmb60
12-07-2007, 12:16 PM
I am having a better day today. Grocery shopping was wonderful. I've been for a walk and I did about 50 minutes of dance type stuff with some legs thrown in. A little bit of housework, some laundry and a nap should round it right out.

srmb60
12-08-2007, 06:03 AM
That did turn out better. I still got into the evening eating but I didn't dive headlong into the peanutbutter jar.

And now ... after a very short respite ... the world's shortest day off ... I'm back to work. Six shifts then I have a three day weekend with two parties. Cardio is a must. If I throw in a couple of ten pounders for part of it ... I'll feel accomplished. But cardio is a must!

Goinforthegold? ... would you mind giving us a sample day of your menu?

goinforthegold
12-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Sure Susan. I'm eating about every two hours, starting around 9am.

M1: protein shake
~workout~
M2: 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg scrambled with 1/2 c oats
M3: protein bar
M4: 1c yogurt (low fat, low carb, no sugar), sm piece of fruit
M5: 5oz lean protein, 2 cups of veggies or large salad

That's a typical day. It works out to between 1200 and 1300 calories. I'm allowed a few things for dessert after supper, like berries and cool whip or sugar free jello...I can't remember what else...but I never have it. She also gave me a list of the lean proteins, veggies, fruits, and other stuff that I can use as replacements for each meal if I get bored.

NightengaleShane
12-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh wow, goinforthegold, you are definitely eating very healthy. Thanks for the sample menu! :)
And even though you never eat it, berries and cool whip sounds reallyyyyy good right now :hungry:

Susan, WTG on not diving into the peanut butter jar. I DID dive into it yesterday and couldn't get myself to stop eating it. :o

I ate crap yesterday and today but I have a legitimate excuse for today: I'm BROKE until Tuesday. There is no healthy food left in my house because I ate it all and I seriously cannot afford to go out and buy anything nutritious until Tuesday (when I get my direct deposit in my bank) because I paid rent. I live in a place that I moved into while doing well financially, thinking I could afford it, but now it's just costly.

Lafayette
12-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Ah, I love the payday diet! Between having just bought a new car, mandatory holiday shopping, two trips to the doc to ID my cold and the requisite meds, the need for new snow boots... I'm living on what's been in my cabinets since last year at this time. On the plus side, it's all ingredients so I burn calories in the kitchen.

I did lose another pound so I hit 144. My tummy started swelling a few days ago and that has caused some lower back pain (I had major abdominal surgery 8/16/07) so I have been on what I like to call "ab-sabatical." I think it's the rotten antibiotics... warning: overshare... things are not moving as they should and it's been more than a week. Prune juice, anyone?

srmb60
12-09-2007, 05:40 AM
Good morning!

Lafayette ... this is my specialty. Ask my patients ;) If you are passing flatus ... find some milk of magnesia. It's gentle. If you are not passing flatus or this doesn't resolve with a return to normal eating and health ... go see your doc. What abd surgery did you have?

Thanks goinforthegold, we could all take some very helpful tips from that menu.

After all my years on earth ... I'm very familiar with the payday eating plan. Not easy ... makes me grouchy. Exercise, water and portion control ... is my best guess.

goinforthegold
12-09-2007, 06:37 AM
Ya, it's weird because everyone thinks I'm crazy, that I'm not eating enough and that I'm depriving myself or that I'm eating bland, gross yucky stuff all day. But I'm not usually ever hungry (just sometimes at bedtime because my last meal is around 5 - but I can have another small meal if I want to) and I'm enjoying everything I'm eating. My biggest problem is that since I'm an emotional eater somedays I just really want to eat 4 grapefruits instead of half a one. KWIM? Not that I'm still hungry, just that I WANT to keep eating...plus, I miss candy and chocolate A LOT. One week left of no cheating though! hehe

Lafayette
12-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Susan- I skipped the antibiotics last night and corrected the problem. I know, I shouldn't have done that but I take a handfull of pills everyday and just couldn't see my way to adding even more. I had a complete hysterectomy and a very large mass of endometriosis removed through a lateral incision (I think that's right- the scar runs from the belly button down about 6"). To give you an idea of the severity, I lost roughly 14 pounds surgically.

Goinforthegold- chocolate tastes bad. It's truly gotten totally awful since you stopped eating it. Really ;)

Bikini Ready
12-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Hello Everyone! This weekend I was ok, ate quite well actually but had a little more alcohol than necessary... I needed it though! Finals are this week so I just wanted to realx before the stress starts tomorrow. You know I think I'm going to try a version of your plan goinforthegold... maybe not so strict but quite close just for a week. Hopefully that will keep me on track so I don't do damage out of school stress this week and it will give me a jump start on my "vacation diet" during which I plan to get to my goal weight by the time next semester starts the end of January... TOTALLY DOABLE! And I'm going to do it, expect many progress posts from me during that time. After which I will still be around for the six pack motivation and accounatbility.

srmb60
12-10-2007, 08:48 AM
I had a wack of accountability this morning girls.

Now I do talk alot but it disappears into thin air and nobody remembers anyway but ... on the internet your words can catch up with you. While I'm moaning and nibbling and skipping cardio ... somebody popped thru my goal thread! :kickbutt:
I'm supposed to be happy not a whining pudge belly!

OK then ... brushes selfpitying self off ...

Let's go girls ...
protein shakes
lean proteins
things that grow

Lafayette ... thanks for filling in the details. Nurses are morbidly curious about stuff like that. You're right, you should finish your antibiotics but it's also pretty important to keep your bowels moving. I have no doubt you'll be fine after your antibiotics are done.
Abdominal surgery is hard on all your innards. Continuing bowel problems need to be addressed with your doc. I'm glad yours turned out well.

srmb60
12-10-2007, 02:01 PM
I am prepared! I had a shake this morning. I made protein pancakes (DH came home for lunch and ate some!) My lunch bag is packed with salad, carrots, cottage cheese, turkey, chicken ...

NightengaleShane
12-10-2007, 03:23 PM
YAY, I stop being broke tomorrow! Back to protein bars, lean protein, and clean eating for me. I've tried not to mess up by going over my caloric limit these last few days because that is all I can do. I took a few pics of my progress, but I don't think I've made much :lol: HOWEVER, I DO notice that my loose skin is tightening up just a tad, which makes me really really happy. My GF noticed it too actually and pointed it out first.

27806 27807
I really hope more of this can tighten up soon... I WAS looking forward to that photo shoot but I will be dreading it if my stomach looks like this :barf:

Melissa, I agree that I need to follow goinforthegold's plan... I won't be broke for the next two weeks, so why not? :D

goinforthegold
12-10-2007, 06:02 PM
You know I think I'm going to try a version of your plan goinforthegold... maybe not so strict but quite close just for a week.

Well, you're lucky b/c you're larger than I am so you can have a lot more food than I'm stuck getting by on. The goal is for your calories to stay around 12 times that of your weight. FYI...this plan is starting to kill me...as are the holidays. This is NOT the time of year to be doing this! *lol*

YAY, I stop being broke tomorrow! Back to protein bars, lean protein, and clean eating for me. I've tried not to mess up by going over my caloric limit these last few days because that is all I can do. I took a few pics of my progress, but I don't think I've made much :lol: HOWEVER, I DO notice that my loose skin is tightening up just a tad, which makes me really really happy. My GF noticed it too actually and pointed it out first.

27806 27807
I really hope more of this can tighten up soon... I WAS looking forward to that photo shoot but I will be dreading it if my stomach looks like this :barf:

Melissa, I agree that I need to follow goinforthegold's plan... I won't be broke for the next two weeks, so why not? :D

I think you're looking great! I see a big difference. See my note above for giving my plan a try. *lol*

I'll have to post some progress pics too I guess. My measurements have gone down but I'm not really seeing a difference in pics yet. You guys can be the judge. I'll get some posted a bit later.

EDITED TO ADD PICS.

NightengaleShane
12-10-2007, 07:53 PM
goinforthegold, I see a difference! You just look more lean :)

You know, it must really suck to be a short person. Seriously, short people have to eat SO LITTLE in order to stay small. I wonder how they all aren't huge! ;)

You are right, the holiday season is not the time to be trying for a 6 pack, considering there is Thanksgiving, then Christmas *SHUDDER* then New Year's. I admire your determination.

Speaking of holiday damage, my parents sent me a box of holiday goodies today. It should arrive in two days and has lots of chocolate... AAAND dried fruit :D because I told them to mail me some healthy things also. I'm going to try to feed all the chocolate to the GF.

In non abs related news, they are also shipping down my bass guitar... after two years :lol: When I left the DC area, I dropped my guitar, bass guitar, and amp equipment (like 3 amps) off at their place so they could hang onto it since I couldn't ship it down at the time. I'm really excited... if I'm in a band, I'll never get fat again. Hahaha.

srmb60
12-10-2007, 11:52 PM
We could all dance to your CD's and not be fat either!!!

Good day here. Very good!

Bikini Ready
12-11-2007, 01:29 AM
I did well today and yes did consume more calories that you goinforthegold. I would be starving on 1200 calories! I had around 1700 today... protein shake, watermelon, veggie/tofu soup, shrimp summer rolls, apple, a few goldfish and a bite of a donut. Not to mention TONS of water! I feel much better and when I feel better it's easier to stay on track. Only two days of finals left so that will be a nice weight off my shoulders. My boyfriend has been a butthead lately so hopefully that will stop soon too and things will be even better. Oh and I could see a difference in all of the progress pictures, yay for you two!

goinforthegold
12-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks gals, I kinda think I see a difference sometimes, but then not others.

And yes, it sucks being so short. It's a lot harder to carry extra weight too, not to mention just the calorie thing.

Meanwhile, speaking of calories and how dedicated I've been...I FELL OFF THE WAGON, and landed on my head!! I ate over 800 extra calories last night before bed. How's that for binging. Take that trainer! LOL *sigh* Oh well, I lasted two weeks with none and am back on track today.

Ya, I forgot to mention water...I'm supposed to get 64oz of water a day...most days though I don't...I'm back hooked on d pepsi and have been drinking way too much of that again. *sigh*

Butthead boyfriends can easily turn into butthead husbands. Watch that, eh? ROFL Yes, I speak from experience. :)

NightengaleShane
12-11-2007, 09:35 AM
We could all dance to your CD's and not be fat either!!!

That made me smile and laugh a little :D

Melissa, I'd be starving on 1,200 calories, too! I know I could do it, since I did it while losing, but I feel like now that the pounds are off, I could never! I usually eat between 1,700 and 2,100 calories per day. I work out like a fiend, so I definitely burn it off, though. That, and I weigh myself every day to make sure I won't gain ;)

I think it sure is funny how most people around me think I starved myself to get down to this size *rolls eyes* if they only knew how much I really eat :lol:

I hope your boyfriend stops being a butthead :mad:

goinforthegold - yeah, I can see how extra weight would be more difficult for a short person, since there isn't enough of you vertically to compensate ;) It's also why TALL people often look THIN, and even while overweight they still look average-y. I've always envied TALL people even though I'm far from short. (oh, hi Melissa... :p)

get back on that wagon - you look nice and lean... keep it up. :)

srmb60
12-11-2007, 09:46 AM
There's got to be some sort of link between increased muscle mass and actual growling tummy hunger. I had no trouble with hunger on 1200 cals either at first. Munchies, yes ... but growling tummy hunger is completely new to me.

NightengaleShane
12-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Susan, I think there is! I've experienced MUCH more growling tummy hunger now that I am lean than I EVER did at my highest weight. Sure, I was sometimes a bit hungry on 1,200 calories but it was much easier back then than it is now.

If you look at it scientifically, this might make sense, since more muscle mass also equates to a faster metabolism. If your metabolism is faster, you need more calories since your basal metabolic rate has increaed.

srmb60
12-11-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm talking to Aidyn here so that I don't pop my own thread again (fat head me). Aidyn ... you encourage me more than you know ... in every thread where we hang out. Thanks! :hug:

NightengaleShane
12-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Awwwww... that makes me really happy to know that :o :hug: :D

italiancalgirl
12-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Ok girls I need you! Im going through a divorce. I am trying so hard not to sit on the couch eat my weight in crappy food and cry my eyes out. So I will need you all everyday!

NightengaleShane
12-11-2007, 12:54 PM
:hug: italiancalgirl - post here any time and we will all give you support - welcome :)

srmb60
12-11-2007, 01:28 PM
We're here every day! 24/7 there's something encouraging at 3FC.

Bikini Ready
12-11-2007, 01:37 PM
What was your binge food of choice goinforthegold? Mine is always chocolate, cheese or anything with a lot of one of those... I'm sure you will be back on track again today though.

Being tall definitely has it's advantages (getting to eat more is one of them). When I tell people how much I weigh they think I'm lying because I have LOTS of muscle which as we all know can throw the scale number off a bit. It used to bother me that I weighed so much untill I got into the whole body fat thing. Right now I'm 25-26% and at my goal will be 20-22% (by the end of January).

Today I have been doing well, craving a BBQ chicken sandwhich so I think I'm going to go out with my sister and split one which is perfect. Also, like Susuan was talking about, really feeling hungry now I believe is in part due to that we watch what we eat more and don't grab handfulls of snacks here and there. Also we are all burning much more working out that we need the fuel to be able to keep it up. I too have survived off 800-1000 calorie days back in highschool, worked out and served at a resturant most days out of the week. I was SKINNY but not healthy. It feels so much better not to starve and know I'm doing my body good.

It is so nice to have everyone here for support and get all sorts of opinions and input. As for the butthead boyfriend he knows he's in trouble and will shape up soon I'm sure. Only 3 finals left, wish me luck and you all have an awesome day!

goinforthegold
12-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Italiancalgirl: (((HUGS))) on the divorce! That must be so rough. But, put down the food and get to the gym...that will make you feel so much better.

Hehe, I'm embarrassed to say my binge food. *rofl* I'm a hopeless sugar addict so it was candy. Jujubes to be exact. An entire bag. :o Then two cookies. :o No worries, I'm back on the wagon today. Almost as soon as I finished the bag I got an email from my trainer congratulating me on a job well done, etc (I had sent her my 2 week progress report earlier). :o Talk about guilt. :( That snapped me back into shape...though I emailed her today asking about what I was allowed to cheat on and how much once day 22 hits! ;) I like to plan ahead. :D She's SOOOO strict!! She's a professional bodybuilder/figure model (see the cover of the Oxygen Abs edition) and I think she wants me to get into figure competitions eventually so she's not cutting me much slack at all. :) I'll admit, I love the idea of doing that...although I don't know if I have what it takes. Jujubes might be my downfall. :D

Lafayette
12-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Jujubes also taste awful whenever you're not eating them ;) Really.

Butthead boyfriend... a divorce... big hugs to both of you!

I made it back to the gym last night FINALLY! I'll be shovelling snow tonight instead (ick!).

srmb60
12-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Evening folks!

Another good day. My carbs are a bit high and my protein lower than I'd like but overall not bad. I think I'm managing with low cal because I'm not doing much lifting or fast cardio.
I'm finagalling for an extra day with my three day weekend. I'd like one day to do hard legs, fast cardio and nap. Then the house cleaning, baking and parties can begin.

NightengaleShane
12-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Good morning :D Today has been a good day for me so far, and so was yesterday. Now that I can afford healthy foods, everything is cool again. I ate a little bit of ice cream last night, though, but since it was only 1/2 a cup, I doubt I did much harm.

However, today I'm aiming for no ice cream.

Lafayette, shoveling burns calories. Susan, housecleaning does too!

goinforthegold, that is AMAZING that your trainer is a figure competitor and wants you to get into it also - no wonder she is so strict - you are going to be looking fab really fast :) ****, you are already looking good :)

When I tell people how much I weigh they think I'm lying because I have LOTS of muscle which as we all know can throw the scale number off a bit. It used to bother me that I weighed so much untill I got into the whole body fat thing. Right now I'm 25-26% and at my goal will be 20-22% (by the end of January).

This is going to sound peculiar, but when I tell people how much I weigh, they are surprised, too, BECAUSE they think I weigh MORE than I do :o :o :o I THOUGHT that when I got toned, trim, and muscular, people would think I weighed LESS. I can fit all my thin clothes (4-6 regular, 5-7 jr, the occasional 3), and when I was 120-125 (thin) people thought I weighed 110-115. The excuse people give me is always, "You're VERY muscular and muscle weighs more than fat."
I guess that's good... it's better than, "You're just such a big tub of lard that I thought you would weigh more."

srmb60
12-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Morning!
Procrastinating has paid off. I was sitting here hitting refresh and tidying the desk and I found a dollar!

Yes, I'm slow moving this morning. My shake is in the blender and I will go for the mail. I don't think I have any errands ... and then work.

Lafayette
12-12-2007, 06:58 PM
I skipped the gym tonight to talk to a consultant about me possibly getting a new job... I called and had to leave her a message even though we'd set a time for the call. I just know the sooner we talk, the sooner I can get out of my current sucktastic job... oh, well.

On to bigger and better things! I'm going to go eat soemthing healthy!

goinforthegold
12-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Jujubes also taste awful whenever you're not eating them ;) Really.

Ah ya, thanks....nice try but I'm not buying it. :p ROFL...

goinforthegold, that is AMAZING that your trainer is a figure competitor and wants you to get into it also - no wonder she is so strict - you are going to be looking fab really fast :) ****, you are already looking good :)

This is going to sound peculiar, but when I tell people how much I weigh, they are surprised, too, BECAUSE they think I weigh MORE than I do :o :o :o I THOUGHT that when I got toned, trim, and muscular, people would think I weighed LESS. I can fit all my thin clothes (4-6 regular, 5-7 jr, the occasional 3), and when I was 120-125 (thin) people thought I weighed 110-115. The excuse people give me is always, "You're VERY muscular and muscle weighs more than fat."
I guess that's good... it's better than, "You're just such a big tub of lard that I thought you would weigh more."

Ya, we'll see...although I love the idea and was initially flattered, it occured to me that if she suckers me into competing, that's more money for her b/c she'll need to train me longer. :D So, I don't know...not only is it a LOOOOTTTT of work and do I not really believe I'll ever have the body for it, it's also incredibly expensive. We'll see what happens over the next few months. I'm taking it one day at a time.

Try not to worry too much about what weight people perceive you to be. I know that's easier said than done...but really, as long as you are happy with how you look and are fit and strong, that's all that matters.

I skipped the gym tonight to talk to a consultant about me possibly getting a new job... I called and had to leave her a message even though we'd set a time for the call. I just know the sooner we talk, the sooner I can get out of my current sucktastic job... oh, well.

On to bigger and better things! I'm going to go eat soemthing healthy!

Good luck!!!

srmb60
12-12-2007, 11:43 PM
I got my spare day off ... patient census permitting ... a four day weekend! I could cry, I'm sooo looking forward to it!

italiancalgirl
12-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Good morning all I had crappppy night last night the dumb stbx wants to take my treadmill told him no way I have lost 20 lbs and I am gonna keep going and the jerk said oh im sorry didn't even notice! Like you can't tell when someone has lost that much weight!!!!! But thats ok because if he hadn't of noticed he would of said great job right lol?

srmb60
12-13-2007, 10:17 AM
People who want to hurt you will say almost anything.
We'll never do that! :hug:

I haven't finished putting my food from yesterday in fitday yet but it's not nearly as good as the two days before. But that's OK. Today is gonna be 90% about me. Clean food, exercise, rest and only the housework that strikes my fancy.

srmb60
12-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Legs were good. Cardio ... less than stellar ... and now to napping!

What a great day so far!

Bikini Ready
12-14-2007, 12:08 AM
I got a nice nap in today too, it was wonderful! Actually the whole day was very good... ate well, wroked out, got to realx, and went to a birthday party! I have to get up at 5 tomorrow though... ugh at leat I'll have a jump start on the day and I'm going to make sure it's another good one.

Soon to be exs are no fun... my butthead boyfriend seems to be heading in that direction, we'll see what happens... in the mean time I'm going to focus on me! Definitely can't let others get us down, good thing we are all here for eachother.

NightengaleShane
12-14-2007, 08:04 AM
I've done very well the last few days and am quite happy with my progress... ALTHOUGH there are still some tight pairs of pants that give me muffin tops and make me frown. Oh well! I seem to mess up once on most days, but one controlled serving/portion of crap food is much better than the binges I used to go on.

Melissa, if I may ask, what is your boyfriend doing that is making him such a butthead right now?

Susan, did you enjoy your extra day off? :D

srmb60
12-14-2007, 08:16 AM
Morning!
I did enjoy my extra day off. And for all the doin' nuthin' and sleepin' I did ... I also made a pretty good dent in the things I have to do before the kids come tomorrow.

Bikini Ready
12-14-2007, 02:56 PM
I just got back from a nice tough workout at the gym and had a delicious turkey wrap for lunch, yummy! Today has been another good day, shouldn't be a problem to get through the rest of the day without an oops.

Everyone seems to be doing better this week comapred to last week, way to go us!

Oh and the boyfriend thing... we are both REALLY busy. I have class, homework, work, workingout etc... He is a trainer and coaches high school football, basketball and track. Needless to say it's tough to make time to see eachother and the past month I think I've seen him three times when we are used to seeing eachother everyday it has been really hard to adjust. We decided we both needed to make more of an effort to make time for eachother and it hasn't happened. I'm just as gulity as him but it's easier to blame him... it's more frustrating than anything else cause I love him to death and I hate that other stuff always gets in the way, know what I mean?

italiancalgirl
12-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi I had a great night last night worked out twice lol!!! I get on the treadmill and just go town. I will not let him get me depressed!! I will be in a bikini this summer and I decided once I get down I am going to get my belly button pierced lol!!!

Lafayette
12-15-2007, 07:12 AM
Italiancalgirl- glad you kept the treadmill!

I am the grand master of being single. I would be happy to offer advice on how to tackle your newly-found singlehood with style and enthusiasm. Just a warning... I've been known to make people who aren't single consider giving someone a good, swift kick to the curb! I still occasionally look around my three-bedroom, two-bath house in the 'burbs and wonder how the h I got here from the coolest single girl car/job/apartment/life...

deerylou
12-16-2007, 12:58 AM
i was wondering if i could join this thread.

i'm new to 3fc. i'm not really looking to lose weight. mostly just get in shape and tone up. Gain some confidence in myself. but i have a hard time with self-discipline. I'm hoping i can keep up with an exercise routine this time around.

i've been walking on my treadmill for about 30 minutes at a time. i'm trying to work toward running. But my lungs won't allow for that right now. i'm trying my best to quit smoking. i'm doing pretty well too. i've only had 3 cigarettes in the past five days. none today!

srmb60
12-16-2007, 09:17 AM
There's no such thing as late! Anybody can join any time! Welcome!

srmb60
12-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Weird but I'm pretty excited to have turkey leftovers to divvy into serving sized baggies. It's so much easier to eat right if you can reach into the fridge and grab the perfect protein portion.

I also have carrots and brussel sprouts left over but I'm not sure I'll enjoy those as much ;)

Bikini Ready
12-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Susan I totally agree that it's a lot easier to stay on track and not stray when the healthy food is the easy option. I try to do the same thing as you and portion everything in advance so my eyes don't magically make my meal twice as big. Then if I make eating bad inconventent I'm usually too lazy to go out of my way to get or make it.

This morning I had a chocolate muffin... it was wonderful but a little depressing my dessert for the day is already over. Oh well, tomorrow will be here before I know it. I made up for the calories by having a protein shake a watermelon for my post gym workout (burned a whopping 700 calories).

I was really good about the gym all week and these coming weeks should not be a problem because I'm done with school till the end of January. Oh and the boyfriend and I worked out our issues so for the time being my life is stress free yay!

Welcome deerylou! Hopefully we will help you get and stay motivated to tone up and quit smoking for good. The more you exercise without smoking the easier it will get and I think once your body adjusts you will feel quite a bit better. Your lungs will even cooperate to start running!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

srmb60
12-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Three days is enough turkey for now! We're having salmon for supper.

I shoveled snow this morning (snow cardio) so I think me and my legs will address that barbell this evening.

goinforthegold
12-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Hey ladies. Today was day 22 of my 21 days of no cheating...and let's just say I fell a WEE bit off plan. ROFL. I bet I ate close to 3000 calories today easy. *sigh* ROFL...OOPS. *snicker* I don't even care because I've done this so long now that I'm back on track tomorrow and one day won't kill me. The really exciting thing is that tonight, as fat and bloated as my belly is from all the junk (I actually had to down some pepto bismol I ate so much..LOL)...it's still smaller and looks better than it did 23 days ago. Yay me!

I hope everyone else stayed on plan better than I did today! LOL

I've decided I'm going to enjoy Christmas and then really think about whether or not figure competitions will be in future after the New Year.

Oh and on a slightly unrelated note...I squatted 115lbs today....SIX times!!

srmb60
12-19-2007, 05:29 AM
21 days ... wow! I'm excited that I actually lifted two days in a row. I'd better be doing something right cuz it ain't eating ;)

NightengaleShane
12-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Howdy :D and WELCOME, deerylou. chime in any time :D

I just ate a delicious turkey and veggie wrap with lowfat Italian dressing... MMM!

I've been going through this pattern where I will be on plan for 6 days and then mess up for one. I wish I could just be on plan for a consecutive week! 21 days, goinforthegold... DAMN girl, I wish I had your willpower!

Melissa, I'm glad to hear that you and your boyfriend have worked out your issues... and that therefore, he stopped being a butthead. :)

so much easier to eat right if you can reach into the fridge and grab the perfect protein portion.

Amen, sister. I need to put some high protein snacks in my fridge. The GF went shopping for groceries and unfortunately forgot to buy things with protein in them since she never eats them :dizzy:

NightengaleShane
12-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Okay, one last thing: I HATE all these FESTIVE parties that they are having at work! it's REALLY hard to stay on plan with all this junk food around! I ate a couple cookies today but I could have been worse for sure. I wish they would celebrate with chicken, broccoli, and salad! ;)

Lafayette
12-19-2007, 08:49 PM
I hear ya on the holiday parties. The Godiva advent calendar my fiance brought home isn't advancing my cause either. Let's each chocolate each day in anticipation of the day we eat a TON of bad stuff. Who came up with this?!?

At least I don't look like Mrs. Claus... yet!

srmb60
12-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Good morning!

Along the lines of planning ... I'm having a terrible time getting my head around what day it is and what shift comes next. Our schedule gets pretty messed up to accommodate our holiday requests. For instance ... I've been on days all week, today I work evenings and I'm off tomorrow. But I think I have my head around the next four days ... so calmly now ...

Ok ... now that I have that figured out ... I should plan my work lunches, a couple of workouts and another shopping run.

goinforthegold
12-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Don't be so impressed ladies, I had two BIG cheats in that 21 day period of time. And day 22 was really bad!! LOL, yesterday wasn't great either but today I've shown AMAZING restraint with all the candy and cookies in my house so hopefully I'm back on track. GAWD I can't wait until the holidays are over. LOL

goinforthegold
12-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Ok, I just took some progress pictures for my trainer because it's one month since I started with her. Thought I'd share my latest belly shot with my fellow six pack hopefuls. So far I'm still not seeing any packs, 4, 6 or otherwise but the good news is I have HUGE ribs. *sigh* ROFL

Anyway, here it is.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii110/rmml1015/belly.jpg

srmb60
12-24-2007, 05:39 AM
That's a pretty slender torso! Enviable in fact! Good work!

Lafayette
12-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Wow! All I want for Christmas...

I did something wrong. I gained two pounds this past week, but went up TWO PANTS SIZES... salt, sugar, dairy... you name it, I ate it this past week. You know you're in trouble when you think lobster mac n'cheese sounds like a fabulous idea. The worst part? It was kinda gross!

Cheers to all! I'll be off the naughty list now for sure!

srmb60
12-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Happy Boxing Day everyone! Just one more festive feast for us.

Ugh ... can we talk about bloat! I swear that my waist measurement grows five inches between morning and night these days. My innards no longer tolerate this horrible array of white, fatty, rich, sugary ....

srmb60
12-27-2007, 06:19 AM
Good morning!

I'm up and ready for work .... where the scale is ... cue the twilight zone music ... Judging by the thighs in this set of scrubs, I should be verrry afraid.

Bikini Ready
12-27-2007, 11:53 AM
I haven't been on the scale in a while either... for the same reason (only tight jeans not scrubs)! I was actually pretty good yesterday and so far so good today but I have to make up for lots of treats I enjoyed on Christmas Eve and day. I think I will be debloated by the end of the week if I keep on track and it will feel very nice in comparison to this belly bulge I have now! But then it will be time to celebrate New Year's oh man... haha!

NightengaleShane
12-27-2007, 04:33 PM
DAAAANG goinforthegold! Your torso looks amazing!

I've been struggling hardcore the last few weeks, so I regret to report that I really have not made any progress :( Susan, you are SO not alone in eating sugary, starchy crap... I am right there with you. :o

I SWEAR I am going to get back to the basics today... I have done well so far... I am going to eat 1,500 calories and 100g protein until I get this thing right. I'm just going to mess up again on new year's but at least I can keep myself from doing any more damage by doing well these next few days. :)

goinforthegold
12-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks girls...but after the past few days the torso in that picture is long gone. LOL, seriously. It's about 4" larger right now from bloating. *sigh* And the trainer has me beginning a bulking phase next week which means loads more calories. Ugh, I dread the thought of that...especially after this week.

Anyone else been binging all week? *sigh*

srmb60
12-28-2007, 05:22 AM
I'm on kind of a slow track back to better food. Yesterday about the only things I had that were ick foods were scalloped potatoes and two candies. The rest was just too much ... wheat bread, deli ham, peanut butter ...

Lafayette
12-28-2007, 09:56 AM
I really didn't need the greasy garlic bread I had last night either... wagon, here we come!

goinforthegold
12-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Er....111.5 this am. *blush* Me thinks I doth partake in a bit too much crap last week. Son of a *%&$$. The slender torso in that photo is long gone. Why do I do that to myself? ARGH. I'm back on the wagon since yesterday and VERY strict to make up for the extra pounds. I start bulking on Monday and need to get somewhere close to 107 again before I do that. *sigh* It better be 4lbs of water. LOL

srmb60
12-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Yesterday's bad-add-ins were a beer, some chocolates and a bread pudding desserty thing. Not bad. I'm slowly moving in the right direction.

We shouldn't fear those holiday pounds. Some are real but some are unhealthy salty sugary water weight. I'm still eating too many calories but I've lost 4 lbs in no time. Flush!

srmb60
12-31-2007, 08:39 AM
Good morning on this last day of 2007!

What's everyone up to tonight? I'm working but that's OK. It exempts me from another party food opportunity.

goinforthegold
01-02-2008, 03:59 PM
*looks around* Yooohoooooo.....anybody here? LOL, it's awfully quiet in here. Everyone hating themselves for binging over the holidays? I am, I am! LOL