Old 12-02-2007, 11:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'9"

Talking Newbie joining in!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums here at 3Fat Chicks, but I'm excited. My motviation came after I got my wedding photos back and realized that while I looked very pretty, I could have been a lot smaller. Le Sigh...life goes on, and here I am taking a step to a healthier me.

Question for you all: How do you handle not eating like your husband/boyfriend/fiance/significant other etc. I find that my biggest struggle is not that I don't eat healthfully, but that I go toe to toe with my husband and that boy can put away some food! Any help is appreciated.

Looking forward to learning from you all!
CinLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:58 PM   #2  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

I look forward to hearing about your success and getting to know you better!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:49 PM   #3  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Welcome CinLia,

I don't have a significant other, but I do have a 9 year old son who can put the food away. I call him my little garbage disposal cause he eats everything.

By the way I bet you looked beautiful in your wedding pictures and congrats on the wedding.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:05 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Haha, oh the human garbage disposal. My husband is pretty much like that too. He must have the world's fastest metabolism! He doesn't eat poorly, he just eats a LOT of what I cook! The best way I've found to get around it at meal times is to prepare both plates yourself, measuring out your portion and dumping whatever mound of food he wants on his. Then eat twice as slow (which is good for you anyway) so you finish at the same time. The only other thing that works for me is just accepting that his body works different than mine... And maybe he can eat a box of Oreos in one day, but I can't. And you know what? I don't really want to!

Welcome to the boards
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote