100 lb. Club - December NSV's

View Full Version : December NSV's

rockinrobin
12-01-2007, 06:40 AM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. It is definitely one of my favorite threads, incredibly inspiring and no, it is NOT the time to be humble!!!! It's also capable of provoking a few tears every now and then. So let's start filling er' up.

timkerbelle
12-02-2007, 04:41 AM
I'll start :)
It's not a big thing perhaps, but kinda big to me. I have always had an "all or nothing" mentality, in other words I have either been "on" plan and eaten nothing but diet type foods, or I have been bingeing on anything I can get my hands on. Well I started calorie counting, and I decided that I wouldnt have any forbidden foods at all, as long as I stuck to my calories (limit of 1600 per day atm).
Well, yesterday we had a takeaway chineese, and I was still within my calories, and today my weight had continued to go down.
It may not seem like a big thing, but its huge to me that I can eat and live like a "normal" person (not saying that bad foods absolutely have to be part of the diet, but still) and still be on plan.

lola06
12-02-2007, 06:33 AM
For the very first time in my life, I went shopping with my skinny friends for something other than shoes and accessories! I had an absolutely great time. What's so weird is at first I tried on a dress in a plus size store, and the smallest size was too big. So I went to a few stores with my friends and things actually fit quite nicely. I wanted to cry in the dressing room. It feels so good.

Lifeguard
12-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Our house renovations are done!!!!! We're all moved out & our renters have moved in! What a huge relief to have it all done.

Last night we went out for a celebratory dinner with friends who have been helping us all week. When we sat down in the booth I kept trying to adjust the table towards us as I thought it was uneven but then realized it was bolted to the wall. I had tons of room between me & the table - I had to move forward to eat so I was close enough to the table!

Lyn2007
12-02-2007, 03:22 PM
My NSV is this. I am down 30 pounds so I took some pictures to compare to my before pictures. I didn't see any difference and was bummed. But I posted them on my blog anyway. I have gotten SO many wonderful comments about how much better I look. It makes me feel like this really has made a difference even tho I have a hard time seeing it myself.

Shy Moment
12-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Lyn
Nice going on the weight loss. Nice pics. There is defiantly a difference. It a shame some of us ( me included ) don't see the difference that everyone else can see.

Life
Things like that make us realize how far we have come. Congrats, bet you had a smile on your face.

lola
Oh that is so great. I am finaly out of plus sizes and into 16's in pants and med and large in shirts. No I am not going to buy anything until spring. Not going to spend money on stuff that is only going to fit a couple of months but it was sure nice to see smaller stuff fit. I did have to get a few things because my other stuff was falling off me lol. Was so tickled went from a 42 D bra to a 40 D.

timker
That is the way to be. We shouldn't do without we should just watch that what we eat fits into what we allow our selfs. Ok, your fault. I have got to have Chinese this week sometime lol.

Rosemund
12-02-2007, 04:41 PM
I have two today!

It was sleeting and there was snow all over the ground and I went for my run anyway. I managed another five miles. I was all set to try for more, too, but I was afraid I'd freeze solid.

I have this pair of pajama pants that I bought last winter in a large and couldn't get up to my hips. They were too cute to throw out, though, so I saved them. I tried them last night, and although they are rather tight and I wouldn't wear them to sleep yet, (I like my pajamas way too large) they do fit over my hips easily.

Smiling_Sara
12-02-2007, 05:55 PM
I made soup, some potato and brocalli. I had a bowl, but was not impressed, usually I would of finished it, just bc I had paid money for it and didn't want to waste it, but I tossed it out anyway. I also threw out some leftover flan bc I didn't want it to tempt me. Down the garbage disposal it went! :carrot:

FresnoBeeDude
12-02-2007, 07:56 PM
This actually happened on Friday, thus being November still. But since I am typing this today, it is December. So who will know any different?

First the bad news, I was in a automobile accident the day before Thanksgiving, my van was totalled. I however have taken advantage of the situation and am using a nice 24 speed bicycle that my brother had given me. I am using this every other day to travel to the neighboring town (9 miles!), and to/from both my jobs. I hope this will give me the oomph to lose the last 36lbs.

Because it is friggen cold nowadays (especially when you are pedalling!) I needed a thicker coat. On Friday I stopped into a discontinued-clothes type store (http://www.factory2-u.com/#). A store I could never have gone to in the past. In the past I was limited to a couple of stores, and I was limited to the style/colors they had in stock. Sweatpants were never fashionable. Anyways...back to the coat...I found a nice padded coat with an attached hood (that I later learned had velcro on the sides to cover up the face). This was the only hooded coat they had. It was a size large. I continued to look, could not find anything else. I decided to try it on, "just in case". It zipped up WONDERFULLY. It is sooo comfy! It was only $13!

The more I lose, the more styles, colors I see become available

Cassie501107
12-02-2007, 08:04 PM
My NSV is this. I am down 30 pounds so I took some pictures to compare to my before pictures. I didn't see any difference and was bummed. But I posted them on my blog anyway. I have gotten SO many wonderful comments about how much better I look. It makes me feel like this really has made a difference even tho I have a hard time seeing it myself.

I just looked, and WOW! There is a VERY noticeable difference! Way to go!

Lyn2007
12-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Rennie and Cassie, thanks for the compliments!! Makes me feel great :)

knitsforfive
12-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Shoulders -- looks like I have some. I can feel them now and they are all muscular!

OptimistK
12-03-2007, 11:33 AM
I fit into my first pair of 16's!!!

Robin41
12-03-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm sitting here in a pair of size 14 pants and they're comfortable. I can tell how long it's been since I was a 14 because all of my old jeans in that size are acid wash. I've had enough old clothes to wear at each size as I've dropped, but I draw the line at wearing acid wash jeans. Apparently there's going to have to be a clothing run to Macys. Time to break out the gift card.

Shy Moment
12-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Robin
That is wonderful. Can't wait to join you in a size 14. Ok not both of us in the SAME size 14 lol but at least the same size lol.

Kim
Congrats. Bet you smiled when they slipped right on.

knits
Shows the body is going in the right direction doesn't it.

Fresno
Gosh hope you are doing better after your accident. It is nice, as we get into smaller sizes. Styles and colors become more readily available.

Rose
You are very dedicated, nice going.

Sandi
12-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Awesome NSV's you guys!!! I love this thread!!

Cassie501107
12-03-2007, 01:54 PM
I fit into my first pair of 16's!!!

I recently got there myself..CONGRATS!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

OptimistK
12-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Rennie - More like ran around and jumped up and down like crazy!!!

Cassie - Doesn't it feel awesome? Oh man, it's been a couple of years since I fit into 16's.

Shy Moment
12-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Kim
Come on I know that can't be true lol. By the time I thru out the 18's and started wearing the 16's lol they are a little loose.

kimmieone
12-03-2007, 03:55 PM
A nice lady who is working with me on something came by the house and immediately noticed my weight loss. She asked me what I was doing and all that. I haven't seen her in about 3 months. It felt great. It was the first time that someone noticed my weight loss who didn't know I was trying to shed pound already, so that completely rocked!

I can fit into all kinds of cloths from my closet that I haven't fit for years.

My knees don't hurt as much. Which is kind of funny because my mother lives in another state and I haven't told her I'm shedding pounds. My mom told me on the phone that if I lose some weight my knees wouldn't hurt as much. I almost told her I had dropped some poundage, but I didn't because I want to shock the heck out of her...she is going to be shocked when I walk into her house 100 pounds lighter. Hope she doesn't have another heart attack. ;)

I feel like I'm actually in control of my weight for the first time ever.

congrats on everyones NSV's :)

Shy Moment
12-03-2007, 04:36 PM
kimmie
That is to great, your mother will be very happy with your loss I bet.

Janny O
12-04-2007, 08:52 AM
It seems that the closer you get to your goal, the more NSV's you receive.
For me-it's a daily event. On the outside I just smile and give a simple reply, but on the inside-it's MARDI GRAS TIME!!!! This is all sooooo worth it.

gina1221
12-04-2007, 12:19 PM
I met a friend for dinner at Cheesecake Factory last night. I had one of their weight management salads and water to drink. After my friend had decided which cheesecake she wanted, she handed the menu over to me. I studied it, going over which would be the best of the worst for me. So when the waiter came over, my friend gave her cheesecake order and I said... "I'm going to pass this time!!!". So I got out of there with water and a salad... it's a miracle. I'm still thrilled about it.

Shy Moment
12-04-2007, 01:28 PM
gina
You are just wonderful. You have so much more will power than I have lol. I wouldn't step a mile near that place lol.

Janny
While most of us know we are doing this for our selfs. It sure does makes us feel good when someone notices. Makes us smile, makes us see everyone else notices our hard work. For me, I don't tend to notice the changes as much as others do. Look pretty much the same as when I started from what I can see. Yes, a bit smaller but that is about it. Sometimes, our refection in someone else's eyes is a real moral booster.

kimmieone
12-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Janny
You're right it is very much worth it! I'm glad you are getting the recognition you deserve.

Shy Moment
You are so sweet and supportive of everyone. :)

Lifeguard
12-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Wow - so many great nsv's! Turning down cheesecake - that's willpower!

I went shopping last night & today & it was actually fun!!! I found a gorgeous "little black dress" & it was the first dress I tried on! It's so exciting to shop in "regular stores". Today I also found a cute shirt & a very sexy pair of red heels for a Christmas party.

Yesterday I also had a workout & did benchpress. My benchpress has improved SO much! The competition I'm entering is this Saturday & now I'm getting so much more excited that I won't embarass myself.

Shy Moment
12-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Life
I bet you will do great. Nice going finding something to wear that you like.

Kimmie
A few days ago I let a few people get me down. That is something I just don't generally let happen. I am back to myself again lol. I really mean what I say to people. Everyone needs encouragement and they need to know someone really does care how they are doing. Thank you :)

Lifeguard
12-05-2007, 01:07 AM
I have always despised shovelling. This week we have been DUMPED on in a major way. I have been doing the bulk of the shovelling here (I'm staying at my in-laws for a couple of weeks) and it hasn't been all the terrible at all. In fact I've almost (that's a big almost!) enjoyed it - I just wish they would make shovels with longer handles!

Also, I realized today that I can now comfortably carry my purse on my shoulder, tucked under my armpit (does that makes sense?) - I couldn't do that comfortably before - it always felt like I was fighting gravity to carry my purse like that before.

Shy Moment
12-05-2007, 01:24 AM
life
I have so much more strength and so much more stamina I don't even worry about the snow this year. We do have a snow blower but if the snow is to wet you can't use a blower it will have to be shoveled. I think great, good exercise to replace the upper body workout lol. Do you know a womans purse causes more injury's to her back and shoulder than anything else. Had a doc tell me that one time. I made sure after that I kept mine empty. The darn hobo bag weighs enough all on its own lol. I wish they would make shovels with shorter handles lol.

Purplefirefly
12-05-2007, 08:35 AM
I am halfway through my JM workout, week 2. Next week I will move onto a new routine for weeks 3-4, and I feel ready for it! I orignially thought I might need an extra week or two on the first routine...but Monday and Tuesdays workouts were way less of a challenge than they were last week, and I had to up my weights on the bicep exercises. I am amazed how much I have improved in just a week and a half on this.

Just two weeks ago when putting on my favorite jeans i would have to squat and bend around to loosen them up, and they were tight still. Yesterday I put them on directly from the dryer, still warm, and they were a little LOOSE!!!!! I have not lost but 3 lbs., but I feel smaller all over :?: I don't understand it, but I will take it! I wish I had taken my measurements before I started again so I could compare, i swear I have lost something for these jeans to be loose. I loved walking and feeling them move around my skin, instead of clinging to me!

Shy Moment
12-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Purple
That is wonderful. I do remember you saying you might need extra time. Feels great doesn't it to be able to do what you are doing. Oh yes, I remember not tossing my pants in the dryer but line drying them so they wouldn't tighten up, now they are always fresh out of the dryer, great feeling. You are doing so well. 3lbs nice going. Bet it just keeps coming off and off and off.

I have a great nsv. I just shoveled the drive for an hour. Will take a little break and then go back out and shovel for another hour then a break then so on. Darn 200 feet doesn't sound like much of a drive until you go to shovel it lol. The one car width part isn't do bad but half of it or a little less is 3 + car widths wide. Oh well, good exercise and after the hour I am not tired a bit. Wow that is sure different from last winter.

Schmoodle
12-05-2007, 09:57 AM
My NSV is that I've had three completely on-plan days in a row!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Also, saw a friend last night at a neighborhood event that I haven't had a chance to talk to in a while, and she raved about how much I've lost and how different I look. Funny, cause it makes me think if she's making such a big deal about how great I look now, I really must have looked like **** before lol!:D

Great NSVs guys, you are all doing fantastic!

Purplefirefly
12-05-2007, 11:33 AM
I really have snow envy, shy. We don't get much here in NC...in fact my chore for this week is to get the leaves raked up! My 3 year old has been asking when the snow is going to come and I have to keep explaining it might not come where we live :(

small NSV...I stuck with my planned breakfast even though I wanted something WAY off course. Feel better for it, too.

Shy Moment
12-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Purple
That is great. It is those little things that get us closer and closer to our goals. I love the snow. Start getting stick of the cold weather about a month before it is gone but then I get sick of the hot weather about a month before it is gone too lol.

Schm
lol Nice going on staying on plan. I tell my family that. OHHHHHHHHHH thanks, glad I look good now. What did I look like before the spawn of ****. lol

Lifeguard
12-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Snow envy? LOL - why? I do like the snow & winter activities but I would happily live without ever having to shovel the stuff again.

My lifting competition is in 3 days - I'm SO excited!

Purplefirefly
12-05-2007, 07:53 PM
I grew up in Ohio and loved the snow...until I was old enough to have to drive in it, hated that part! I just would love for my kids to get to play in it, we had such a blast sliding down the big hills around our neighborhood on sleds and trash bags :lol: My daughter has played in it once when we visited Ohio a couple years ago, and they got to here last year but it was a very light dusting.

Oh, but we do get some very bad ice storms...the last one left us with no electricity for almost 2 weeks :( NC has it's bad points too.

NSV--I stuck to my calories today even though I was staring at ice cream in the freezer all night with big eyes. I really should toss it out, since hubby can't eat it now anyway!

Shy Moment
12-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Purple
Sledding on trash bags is more fun than any other kind of sledding lol.

Snow shoveling is great exercise and you get lots of fresh air too lol.

Rosemund
12-05-2007, 10:16 PM
I have a very fitted winter coat with a tiny, tiny waist. Last year, when I was at my highest, I couldn't zip it up - it just wasn't happening. Two days ago, I discovered I could wear it with a bulky sweatshirt under it. I'm perplexed because I still weigh more than I did when I bought it, but hey, I'll take it! Especially as the scale is still not moving.

Shy Moment
12-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Rose
That is great. You had to smile when you put it on.

I bought a new coat at the Pow Wow we went to this summer. I have always wanted one. I was a bit worried how I was going to wear a bulky sweater under it for winter and still get it zipped up comfortably over the cousins lol. Now the thing is to big. I haven't even gotten to wear it and it is way to big.

RitzyFritz
12-06-2007, 12:17 PM
I have lost a total of 55.25 inches (total body, that is). :woohoo: No wonder some of my clothes are literally falling off of me. :D

Shy Moment
12-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Ritzy
WAY TO GO that is great, wonderful, stupendous :).

RitzyFritz
12-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Ritzy
WAY TO GO that is great, wonderful, stupendous :).

Thank you, thank you!! :hug:

Shy Moment
12-06-2007, 07:06 PM
The one big change I have seen has been I can walk upstairs to my bedroom and not have to sit on the bed to rest when I get up there.

Lifeguard
12-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Today at the gym I did a dumbbell complex (basically a circuit with a variety of dumbbell exercises) that two months ago left me soaked with sweat & exhausted. Well, today my trainer & I chatted throughout the whole session & I left with a light sweat & feeling great, which was perfect as I have the competition on Saturday so with a light workout today & no workout tomorrow I should be geared up for Saturday!

Lovely
12-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Tonight I went out to dinner and chose the steamed shrimp & veg with brown rice. I ate. I enjoyed. The focus was not on the food but on the companionship. It was great that I just picked something healthy & let it be. Tonight wasn't a "special" night to go over points or have dessert, so it I didn't. Keeping to a plan ^^ Small victory!

boaterswife
12-07-2007, 08:18 AM
I haven't really had any NSV's to speak of lately, but I did want to share yesterday's events. I ran to Macy's to see if I could find a couple casual shirts for DH. When I got there I couldn't find anything for him, but proceded into the ladies department...why waste a shopping trip, heh? Anyway, the department manager was setting her sales for the big one day only thing starting this morning and said that she would honor all of today's sales yesterday, so I started looking around! I had such an enjoyable time shopping BY MYSELF, just for ME. Cruising the clearance racks I ended up with so many clothes to try on that I had to stop looking, I couldn't carry anymore. Well, into the dressing room I headed (the handicap dressing room no less as there's more room in there for all the clothes, LOL). My NSV came as a shock to me. I haven't really lost any weight in about a month, I keep playing with the same pound or so, but everything I took into the dressing room was too big. The medium pants fell off me. The medium and large sweaters looked like I was wearing a sack. I had to take all those clothes out and start looking all over again! When I left Macy's I had two pairs of Style and Company pants in smalls, two Liz Claiborne tops, again in smalls, and a Jones vest in a medium...I needed a small in that too but it was so darn hot looking that I'm willing to take it in myself! And, all of these ego boosters set me back just $44!!!! Woo Hoo!!

Janny O
12-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Dang Kelly!
$44 bucks!! You're my hero!!! Great shopping!!

Shy Moment
12-07-2007, 03:32 PM
One of the youner guys next door told me I need to get a new coat. My coat was to big because of all the weight I have lost. Heck, I had no idea anyone had noticed lol.

Purplefirefly
12-07-2007, 11:41 PM
The JM workout that about killed me last week...was a light workout tonight! I barely broke a sweat and once again had to up my weight on one exercise. now looking ahead to the new routine I start next week :eek: it might kill me..of course I thought the same thing about this routine two weeks ago.

I am almost through a week of being completely on plan!

Boater--that was a great bargain shopping trip there...love that!

Beverlyjoy
12-08-2007, 08:37 AM
I've had a NSV of late....my winter coat that was way too tight last year...fits just fine. :smug: Most of my clothes are getting too big. :carrot:

That's an amazing feeling!

Schmoodle
12-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Last night I took a bubble bath in my clawfoot tub for the first time since last spring (I have showered in the meantime, don't worry!). Really noticeable how much more room I have to maneuver and soak in there now!
Also, even though I haven't lost much recently, I can really notice now how much thinner my face and body look. I don't know if that's because my body is rearranging differently, or I'm just finally wrapping my head around looking different. I have been getting more compliments lately, so who knows?
And I had to throw out more clothes yesterday, as they were just getting way too big. The sweats I wore yesterday were dragging on the ground. I was trying to figure out how they got two inches LONGER in the leg!:p
lifeguard, good luck in your competition. That's such an exciting and motivating NSV!
Faerie, good job on the healthy eating!
Kelly, shopping NSVs are the best, I think! You are such an inspiration to me, having started around the same weight I did. I can't imagine ever getting into a small anything, but you show it's possible!
Shy, look out, now the young guys are noticing!
purplefirefly, I admire all you dedicated exercisers. That could be my problem...
Beverlyjoy, my coat was too tight last year too, and fits just fine now. Fun stuff, going through old clothes to see what fits and what's too big now!

Rosemund
12-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Last night I took a bubble bath in my clawfoot tub for the first time since last spring (I have showered in the meantime, don't worry!). Really noticeable how much more room I have to maneuver and soak in there now!

I had that exact one a couple of weeks ago - I hadn't used the tub since summer, and suddenly there are a few extra inches of space on either side. Doesn't it feel awesome?

Purplefirefly
12-08-2007, 01:08 PM
:cb:I made it through the Christmas parade without eating any candy. I thought it was going to be a lot harder than it actually was, but this is a very low stress day around the house, so my committment to not eat sugar has been enought overcome. Now, a couple days ago I would have had another major temper tantrum over it :lol:

leanmoomercows
12-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Well, I haven't been on my diet terribly long, a few weeks, but I have a few NSVs.

First of all, earlier this week, my fiance's grandmother visited (and hadn't seen me in about a week) and said, "Are you losing weight? You look like you are." It was nice to get some verbal confirmation that I'm looking as good as I'm feeling.

Another one! I noticed that my size 8 pants were starting to feel really loose, practically hanging off me, but still wearable. So, I went into my closet and pulled out a size 6, and they fit. I mean, I'd like them to fit BETTER than they did, but at least they did, right!? So, that was exciting.

And lastly! I went to the store the other day and bought some long sleeve shirts. I went home and tried them on, and I actually like the way they looked on me. It's been months and months, maybe even a year, since I last remember liking the way clothes fit me. =]

Oh, and course, I feel healthier and happier now that I've been eating healthier and exercising. =]

nelie
12-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Today I decided to try on a couple pair of size 14 pants I had in the closet. One of them was a size 14 nonstretch pair of jeans from Victoria's Secret. When I got them just a few weeks ago, they were no where near close to zipping. Now they fit. All my size 14 pants fits now including the Levis I decided to wear today along with my size L top.

Edited to add - forgot to say that when I showed DH my jeans, he called them itty bitty pants.

Nori71
12-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Congrats on your great NSV's everyone!

I've only lost 9 pounds, but my double chin is not so double anymore.

Lyn2007
12-08-2007, 08:03 PM
I noticed that when I put on some of my old tshirts, they just HANG. They are so huge and baggy. And the thing is, I remember a time not so long ago when I stopped wearing those t's because they were so extremely tight across the belly and arms. I remember putting on this green tshirt and it was so freaking tight. I took it off and hung it back in the closet but I had nothing bigger to wear, and I just cried. It brings tears to my eyes to put it on now and it hangs off me.

Shy Moment
12-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days. Everything is pretty much back to normal. Seems everyone pretty much is doing very well. Congrats to everyone. I felts pretty good about the pants I am wearing now. Haven't been able to get into them for at least 4 years. My son was looking at me today and said mom you need to get some smaller pants. I said these are my smaller pants. He said ummm mom you need to get some smaller smaller pants. When the pamper box says 10lbs that is all that thing will hold and you look like you need a new diaper lol.

Purplefirefly
12-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah shy, go change your diaper :lol:

Lyn, I have had moments where I stood by the closet and cried as well, is so great to hear that green shirt hangs off you now!

This probably shouldn't be a NSV, but I got to thinking tonight that tomorrow is weigh in for me and should put me close to 20 lbs. down, and next thing I knew I was in the kitchen eating leftover spagetti and chex mix :ink: it was the beginning of a self-sabotaging binge common to me in the past the night before a weigh in. The NSV is that I recognized what it was and stopped it before it went any further. I promptly got rid of the leftover spagetti and shoved the chex mix up into a higher cabinet. Though I know it will affect the 2 lb. loss I've been showing the past couple days, I feel proud I did not go into a full out binge like I have done in the past. I am starting to see through the things I do to myself and stop it, and at least I have that to say for myself. Still feeling like :ink: though

boaterswife
12-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Everyone is doing so well! You guys are all the best of the best!

Schmoodle: You touch me....it's almost a surreal kind of feeling to think that I inspire anyone. Some days I still look in the mirror and see the size 22 girl, some days I look in the mirror and don't recognize the girl looking back at me. I think it's just going to take still more time for my brain to get reprogrammed!

Today DD15 had a national dance competition. Team plans were to go to Cracker Barrel afterwards for chow before we all started the long drive home. I was a bit edgy wondering what I was going to eat or if I'd get derailed by all the yummy looking things on the menu, buy my NSV is that I made good choices. Managed to have a grilled chicken salad with FF dressing, the cheese was in a wedge on the side rather than shredded so it was easy to guesstimate the ounces to count when I got home. I ignored the biscuits, picked the croutons off my salad before eating, and had water with lemon to drink. I think I managed to leave CB eating a meal that only cost me about 7 WW points, which is about what I use for dinner here at home. I guess that means it really is a lifestyle now!

Shy Moment
12-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Purple
This summer I was playing tennis with my daughter. I tryed to put the extra ball in the ball pocket of my tennis skirt. I found the pocket was already full of thigh lol. Can't wait until this summer. I will be able to put a ball in that ball pocket.

Lifeguard
12-10-2007, 01:50 AM
I had my competition on Saturday & it went well. I really enjoyed myself & although I didn't hit my 2nd & 3rd benchpresses I still put up 95lbs. I did better in the deadlift with 3 strong lifts (even though my 1st one didn't count 'cause I moved my foot) & a PR (personal record) of 290lbs. Wish I had tried 300lbs 'cause I think I could have done. Oh well - next time.

As well, I realized that I have really had a big change in how I see my body & food. I'm finding food is becoming more of a tool for me than an emotional turn too or a source of cravings. And I'm seeing my body more objectively. Enjoying seeing the improvements, & seeing my desire to lose weight more as a way to lean out & get better results than as a direct reflection of who I am as a person. I definitely feel much better about my body overall now.

Shy Moment
12-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Life
Glad you had a good time at the compitition. Sounds like you did really well. As we take this journey we do look at food differently. Now it is something the body needs and we enjoy not something we stuff into our faces without any thought what so every. Maybe that is why I enjoy my mountain dew time much more than I ever did before lol.

Lifeguard
12-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Here is a picture of me from Saturday (in case anyone is curious) - I'm overally proud of it! In this picture I am lifting 275lbs (not my highest 290lbs), but I like this picture best as I think it is the most flattering - lol.

Shy Moment
12-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Life
You look great. Bet those men in the back ground don't mess with you.

Purplefirefly
12-10-2007, 03:38 PM
I got out on the track and walked today! Sounds ordinary, but I have been doing all my exercise in the house because...well, I am simply lazy to drive to the track, and because it was getting colder outside. It's gone back to the 70's now, so I made myself get out there and do it. It felt SO good, though my toe started hurting really bed for some reason. It has never bothered me inside the house...but it hurt on the last lap, soon as I sat down in the car it stopped and hasn't hurt since, no idea why.

Oh well...I'm going back tomorrow morning if the warm weather sticks around.

Lyn2007
12-10-2007, 04:31 PM
I looked in the mirror the other day and thought, "Hey, I don't look as bad!" Which is something. I think I looked pretty bad at my top weight.

Lifeguard
12-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Life
You look great. Bet those men in the back ground don't mess with you.

LOL

The guy on the right is my trainer.

Shy Moment
12-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Purple
You enjoy those nice temps for me. Is in the 20's around here I think lol.

Lyn
I am glad you see the difference. Heck I look in the mirror and really don't see much difference at all. Yes I can tell the clothes fit different and such but how I look doesn't look much different to me.

boaterswife
12-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Life...WOW! You amaze me with your abilities! Oh, and yeah, I'd try to life ANYTHING if that hunky trainer guy was standing behind me!

A couple of "different" NSV's for me. DH came home Friday night with a gift for me...a membership to the new 24 hour Snap fitness that just opened near our house. The gift was great, thoughtful, etc., but the real NSV in it was that I LOVED the gift! If he had bought me a gym membership 2 years ago I would have secretly thought he totally wasted his money! The 2nd NSV came in to play yesterday. DD15 had an appointment with the personal trainer at Snap fitness as they would not allow her to use the membership until she proved herself to the trainer (an age thing, I think). Anyway, she was running on a treadmill that was directly behind the elliptical-like machine I was on (not really an elliptical, but close and not sure what it's called!) with the trainer standing next to her when the trainer started asking her about me and talking about my amazing calves! She asked if I ran marathons because of how defined my calves are and also told me how hard it is to get them that way, that people work on theirs religiously to get them to look like mine! Waddaya know? I knew they were my best muscle, but it was still nice to hear it!

Shy Moment
12-11-2007, 11:17 AM
boaters
See you have lost 100lbs WOW that is so great, I am so proud of you. Bet you have worked very hard. Wish we had a gym close that was affordable. Everything around here is pretty expensive. Guess I will just plug away on my walking/aerobic videos. You enjoy that membership and look at those trainers for me too lol.

Beverlyjoy
12-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I had an accident about 18 monthes ago and hurt my foot. While it's not all the way better....lately, I've been able to do more at the pool (non weight baring exercises) in the deep end sitting on a "noodle" - that's a long floatation thingy that looks kind of like a noodle. I've worked into doing some cardio too. It's been a very long time and I am happy about it! Yippeee!! :carrot:

Lifeguard
12-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Life...WOW! You amaze me with your abilities! Oh, and yeah, I'd try to life ANYTHING if that hunky trainer guy was standing behind me!

Haha - I'll admit that I have a mini-crush on him. Just enough to make me look forward to going to the gym.

My NSV today is that I am super enjoying the changes in my body. I actually like to look in the mirror 'cause it's fascinating to see the changes even though I'm not fully satisfied with the whole picture yet.

Shy Moment
12-11-2007, 06:26 PM
I was proud of myself today. I got a new Leslie Sansone Walk-Off Weight video and even thou it has some different moves in it. I did the first segment ( 1 mile ) and really enjoyed it. I can't believe I really enjoy doing these walking/aerobic videos.

boaterswife
12-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Shy Moment, thanks! It has been a lot of work, but it doesn't really feel like it, know what I mean? Kinda like having kids, you forget the worst of it and remember the good stuff! Oooh...I just realized....you're heading towards your half-way mark! GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Lifeguard, you're my inspiration! As I was at the gym tonight benchpressing an EMPTY BAR (LOL), I thought "surely to God I can do this....look how much Lifeguard lifts!"

knitsforfive
12-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Wow Boaters -- you lost all that weight WITHOUT a gym membership. That is amazing!

Shy Moment
12-11-2007, 08:24 PM
boaters
This hasn't seemed like work at all. I thought it would be hard, I thought it would be a lot of work, it hasn't been either. I have changed how I eat but allow myself to have all the things I love. I now exercise and enjoy doing it everyday. Just the things I do. I really don't think much about it. Can't say I don't have a day here or there that I wish I were losing faster but most of the time I am happy with how things are. I have now lost 46% of what I want to lose. Now that is inspiration to me lol.

Lifeguard
12-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Lifeguard, you're my inspiration! As I was at the gym tonight benchpressing an EMPTY BAR (LOL), I thought "surely to God I can do this....look how much Lifeguard lifts!"

LOL! The bar is 45lbs - not too shabby. Today I did 4 sets of bench & my first set is always just the bar. You gotta start somewhere!

Shy Moment
12-11-2007, 11:28 PM
life
45lbs oh my gosh. I remember when I had my last job running a warehouse. I thru 30lb boxes around all the time. Never could lift more than that. I would die lifting 45lbs lol. Heck I couldn't lift the bar let alone the weights lol.

kasmin
12-12-2007, 08:13 AM
This is sort of a pyrrhic victory. Although I binged today, my choice of binge changed. Instead of pigging out on pasta and bready products (which I wanted to:?:) I ate a cajun chicken salad and a baked potato (albeit loaded:(). So although I'm not happy about what I consumed (which included cocktails) at least I used a little judgement, which previously would have been beyond me.;)

Shy Moment
12-12-2007, 10:22 AM
kas
I do know what you mean and good choices by the way. I use to eat vanilla wafers to snack on. Now it is green olives. Had to stop buying the darn things, my gosh they are high in sodium and fat too lol.

Lifeguard
12-12-2007, 04:56 PM
My trainer calls this "damage control". You know you're going off but at least you are minimizing the damage - lol.

Today was a cardio day for me. I did 15min of intervals on the bike & then 30min of running on the treadmill (ok, only 26min of running & 4min of walking - lol). Anyway, on my way out the my trainer asked me how my workout was (I wasn't training with him today) & then said "That was a long workout, holy %*(&!" It just absolutely made my day, to think that he was impressed by MY workout!!!!

Shy Moment
12-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Life
You are doing so great. I am lazy lol.

Marseille
12-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Today at work, I got my VERY FIRST "Are you losing weight"??????

Shy Moment
12-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Mars
That is wondeful. I bet you felt so good. It is nice when people notice.

knitsforfive
12-13-2007, 12:07 AM
I am very PMSy and, for the first time in this journey, really wanted to go a little wild. So I ate 4 Trader Joe's Meringue cookies (120 calories) and 2 oz. Applegate Farms Turkey Bologna (70 cal.), taking me 190 calories over budget. The thing is that this totally satisfied my need to feel --- I don't know -- naughty. When I was done, my stomach didn't hurt, my mouth didn't feel disgusting, and I didn't feel like a horrible person with no self control. But, I did feel deviant in a good way...all for 190 calories (instead of the "so many I don't even want to go there" amount of calories a "little" binge would have cost me before).

Beverlyjoy
12-13-2007, 05:12 AM
My victory of late is - yesterday I made Raisin Nut Bread (it's my DH late mom's Christmas recipe). I allowed self about one tablespoon of walnuts and eat just a few crumbs of the bread. That is a HUGE victory for me.

boaterswife
12-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Was busy yesterday and didn't get time to post this...It was lab day for my foods students, and as their final exam they had to make snickerdoodle cookies. All six classes. I walked around the kitchen units all day grading the kiddos and smelling the aromas and didn't partake in one offered cookie! Part of this is knowing that one cookie is never enough, it's easier for me to have none than it is to just have one....so I guess that bit of knowledge is an nsv too!

Nori71
12-13-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm getting ready for a Christmas Party and decided to try on my size 20 (yeah, not so pretty, I know) slacks that were WAY too tight last month and they are perfect and roomy today. Pretty amazing what 2 weeks on plan will do for you! Here I come 18's...

Shy Moment
12-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Momto
That has to be motivation for you. You just wait and see what a few more weeks on plan will do for you.

boaters
Every time we make a good choice. Every time we eat less of a bad thing than we really want to. Every time we do anything that is good for us. All of those are great nsv's. Nice going.

Beverly
Yes that is a big deal. I love banana nut bread. I slice it real thin now and eat it with just a touch of butter instead of a thick piece covered in vanilla ice cream lol. I can eat that nice big piece and that vanilla ice cream but darn who wants to use all that fat up lol. Bet I do plan it in my menu at least once before it is all gone :) Funny it is my late mother in laws recipe too.

knits
There is nothing wrong from time to time being over what we allow our selfs. I have a very wide range of what I am allowed for that very reason. We need to have a little pause and enjoy. As long as those pauses are only a few calories or a few grams of fat from time to time. I don't see where it is going to hurt anything.

Lifeguard
12-13-2007, 08:58 PM
The jeans I bought last month are now much too large & will not stay up with a belt cinched tight so I decided to go jeans shopping today but really was expecting to be disappointed.

Well I bought a pair of Silver jeans in a size 36 in a regular store!!!! Name brand, regular sized jeans fit me!!!! I feel like I'm over the moon!

Beverlyjoy
12-14-2007, 06:52 AM
I've lost almost thirty pounds since September....finally, someone has noticed (besides my DH) and asked me "Have you lost some weight? I haven't seen you in a long time. Great" It was at the pool. It felt good... a victory.

kasmin
12-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Today I actually managed to eat out in a restaurant on plan. I don't think I've ever done that before:o:D

Shy Moment
12-14-2007, 10:43 AM
You all are doing wonderful. Congrats. Each and every nsv we have shows us the journey we are on is worth what we have to do to stay on the path.

Nori71
12-14-2007, 10:13 PM
WOW! Great NSV's!!!

I went to an office christmas party last night and had a great time. I had pre-ordered salmon, which was delicious...but I had also pre-ordered cheesecake. I asked the waitress to change my cheesecake to pear sorbet. It tasted great and I was so pleased at the end of the day that my calories were in range! That probably wouldn't have been the case if I'd believed the other voice in my head saying that I'd just eat 1-2 bites of it!!

Purplefirefly
12-14-2007, 10:30 PM
I am exactly halfway through my personal exercise challenge :carrot: I have been working so hard and was thrilled to see it fell exactly halfway tonight!

My jeans are now beyond loose, they are getting baggy in the butt, so baggy I feel weird when I walk! I have always lost weight from my chest and struggled to lose anything from my hips/butt area, which is my worst area. It is coming off the hips/butt/thighs first this time though...I am guessing it's all the lunges, squats, and other lower body exercises in the JM workouts :?: Whatever the reason, I am SO glad to see that area shrink. I keep thinking I haven't lost enough to show a difference, but I can actually tell a difference now :) I am shaped different somehow...the miracle of good exercise!

Shy Moment
12-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Purple
That is great. Keeps us going when we can see our work is paying off. I lose all over at the same time. Takes a long time for me to see any difference.

Momto
Nice going makeing good choices. Sometimes that voice in our head just has to be ignored lol.

Rosemund
12-15-2007, 12:55 AM
I had dinner and movie night with a friend. We had full dinners (appetizer, pad thai, coconut rice for dessert) and movie theater popcorn, and I did not go over my calories. Usually, if I eat out, the day is shot.

kasmin
12-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Rosemund, keeping on plan when eating out is amazing---WTG!

Purplefirefly, that must feel great! You've mentioned this video a few times. What is this JM video exactly? It sounds like it has some good exercises on it. I tried to google it but didnt really come up with anything...

Momto2sweetpeas, wtg on making a good choice and enjoying it;)

Shy Moment
12-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Can't wait to wear this black pair of pants for Christmas. I bought them at least 2 years ago and they were tight then. They are going to be way to big in just another week or so. They are to big now :)

Purplefirefly
12-17-2007, 06:29 AM
Last week I finished week 3 of JM workouts, and now I am going into the fourth week! This is a big deal for me, usually I would quit by now since it is so hard :)

I was able to eat more, exercise less...and lose more this week :p the NSV is the eat more part!!!

Beverlyjoy
12-17-2007, 06:36 AM
I went to three parties this weekend.......and stayed within my plan. Each place I went....I did have a cookie or taste of one. They were delicious, I savored each bite. This is major for me.

Purplefirefly
12-17-2007, 06:51 AM
:cp: great job, Beverly! I went to 3 parties this week and stayed completely on plan...that is unheard of for me, I usually would always cave and have sweets, then just quit altogether. I did have 4 meatballs at one party and really savored every bite, but it didn't have sugar and fit within my calories for the day so it was okay! Doesn't it feel good to go into a party and feel in control? This is the first time I have ever been able to do that.

Robin41
12-17-2007, 10:54 AM
I just tried on the pair of slacks that I bought for Thanksgiving in front of my husband to see if he thought they still fit well enough for Christmas. He asked if I was kidding and said I look like I'm wearing clown clothes. Now I have to brave the mall looking for clothes, which sucks, but I think I can stand it. :)

nelie
12-17-2007, 11:00 AM
I have a few NSVs...

I bought a few clothes a couple months ago for my upcoming trip. All the clothes were super tight when I bought them (or didn't fit at all), now they all fit.

I am in love with my size 14 levis that I got. I thought after I washed and dried them, they would shrink and I wouldn't fit them anymore but they fit fine.

I've already started buying size 10 and 12 clothes in preparation for spring :)

Shy Moment
12-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Robin
That is great lol. Oh such a shame to have to put up with the crowds because you are trying to wear clown clothes lol. I feel bad for you. You enjoy getting that new pair of pants.

Nelie
I have 6 pairs of size 12 super straight Levis in my closes I wore about 10lbs ago from now lol. Can't wait to get back into them again. Oh they fit great in the bum and legs, look great but they have about 4 inches of tummy they won't cover to get them buttoned lol. Then I will be out of clothes and have to get all new ones. I am waiting. I want to enjoy fitting into all the clothes I buy :) Can't wait until our Anniversary April 16th. That is the day I am going clothes shopping. I will wear what I have no matter how big until then.

Purple
You are doing so great. I am so proud of you. I remember when you first started. You were worried you would need extra time. Look at you now. :)

Looks like everyone is doing well. Taking control of our selfs really is a moral booster.

boaterswife
12-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Everyone is doing so well, and I'm so proud of each and every one of you! Keep it up, everyone, the the holiday insanity will be over soon and then maybe life will be normal again!

I confess, my NSV is a bit of a scale victory, but I wanted to share anyway. I just emailed weight watchers to cancell my monthly pass! YAHOO!! I will weigh in on Saturday morning, and while I did have an off plan weekend, I know that I couldn't have done enough damage to not get my lifetime status as I'm several pounds under their goal. I can't believe it....that $40 has been automatically withdrawn from my checking account every month for over a year now, and I get to cancel it just a week before the next month's payment comes out! I may be a bit twisted, but I'm thinking....hey....that $40 should now be an extra new clothing item every month, eh? I mean, afterall, I'm already used to spending it, right?!

karmuz
12-19-2007, 09:07 AM
so far this month....

I was able to shovel MYSELF out after the winter storm instead of depending on my bf.. and it only took me an hour (10-12" of snow, about one car length from the front of my car to the street, with about 4' of "plowed in snow" that was easily 3' high)

ALL of my size 14 jeans I wear to work are too big, save for a juniors pair and a pair of VS jeans - I am almost exclusively wearing a 12 all the time now.

I can bend over to tie my shoes and it's not uncomfortable.

A woman I was talking to at work yesterday told me I looked fabulous and "didn't need to loose another pound" (i beg to differ!) however, that felt GREAT. She also told me that my skin was "flawless" and beautiful (i have roseaca.. it's not easy to keep under control, though it has gotten easier with diet and special skin care)

I noticed that my favorite sweatshirt is getting absolutely gigantic. It was comfortably large even at my HW (250ish I'm not even sure, I didn't even weigh myself until a month in during my 'first round') but NOW it's like i'm just plain swimming in it. I don't want to give it up, but i'm starting to feel like i'm wearing a dress when i wear it!

Shy Moment
12-19-2007, 08:40 PM
karmuz
Why don't you come over and do my 200 foot drive. 1/4 of it is only a regular width drive the rest is a 3 car width drive lol. 12's that is so great. I will be right there with you soon. You make me jealous. I have two pairs of 16's I still wear and 2 pairs of 14's. Same pants same brand. I was so happily surprised when I thought I had the 16's on and they turned out to be the 14's. They are a bit big :). I remember when I went from 198 to 186 not very long ago. The clothes got bigger, I got smaller. It was such a great feeling. Was something i wasn't sure I was going to be able to do. Now it is just day to day life. This is how I eat, I don't think much about it. Won't be long and you will be telling us how it is so hard to find a size 7 because it seems everyone wears a size 7 :) Oh the favorite clothes, yup understand that. I finaly had to get rid of mine. They were not only tents but dangerous to my heath lol. I would be down on the floor doing something and my knee would get caught in them. I almost tore my head off like that lol.

boater
You have done and are doing so well. You are an inspiration. Yes, you are use to spending that money. Now you have another way to spend it on YOURSELF. You deserve it.

Mine is kind of a scale victory but not really. I have been eating at the upper limits of what I allow myself lately. Today was weigh in day and I really thought I had blew it. I was going to, if not gain, not lose anything. I still lost 2lbs ( my usual every two weeks ). This was a great nsv for me too. I now know I can eat more than I thought and still lose weight. Yipppeee don't have to feel a ting guilty when I eat all the fruit I have been eating lately.

Beverlyjoy
12-20-2007, 08:31 AM
My friend and neighbor sent her daughter over to help me with some wrapping. Then she brought pizza over for all of us to share for supper....I had not had pizza in over three months. I eat only two peices of the veggie pizza, counted it in and was OK as far as calories. I didn't feel guilt and I didn't over eat...that was my NSV! :)

Shy Moment
12-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Beverly
That is great. I only eat plain cheese pizza lol.

KrisR
12-20-2007, 07:53 PM
My NSV for the month was comfortably wearing a pair of jeans that I have been hanging onto for the last 10 years. The closest I've gotten to wearing them in the last 10 years was about 4 years ago....I was able to lie on the bed and zip them up (but not breath!). It felt fabulous to not only wear them but to be able to SIT in them comfortably for several hours.

I'm looking forward to 01/01/08 (my weigh day) to see if my interval training and my 200 calorie per day reduction has triggered scale movement.

Shy Moment
12-21-2007, 12:50 AM
Kris
That is wonderful. I think being able to wear something we couldn't get into before is way more important than the lbs the scale says we have lost.

I had a couple today. I went by burger king and didn't get a double bacon cheese burger. I haven't had one in so long I don't remember the last time I had one. Probably 8 months. For some reason have really been wanting one the last few months. Yuck, all that fat. Have no idea why I want one so badly. One of these days might break down and get one. Bet it doesn't taste as good as I remember lol. I also didn't stop at MC Donald's and get an egg nog shake. I had one already this season and I limited myself to one. This wasn't to hard not to do but the thought did cross my mind lol.

boaterswife
12-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Beverly.....Wrapping presents and friends dropping by with pizza, this is the stuff that real life is made of! Way to go on handling it and enjoying yourself while still being true to your healthier lifestyle!

Kris, how exciting! I think we all have or had a certain piece of clothing we'd like to be able to get back into. How awesome that you've done it! Congrats!

Shy, my you've accomplished a lot! Those fast food cravings can be so hard to deal with, but you've got them all under control! Let me just tell you that it does continue to get easier. In my former life DD and I used to get the breakfast bagels from McD's on a regular basis. I haven't had one in 16 months now and DD wanted one the other day so I ran through the drive-up in hopes that my willpower would hold on. She got her bagel and it didn't look or smell good to me! Keep it up, you're doing fantastic!

My nsv from yesterday is a little twisted! LOL! I went shopping, but didn't get anything. Everything I tried on was too big! Jeans? They had 8's, I needed 6's. Shoes? They had 7w's but I needed 7 regulars (in the past I wouldn't have tried on a shoe that WASN'T a wide, and a size 8, too!). Now I was looking for these things...some just to supplement my closet, some to wear on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but I don't think I was even frustrated, just happy that I needed those sizes!

Schmoodle
12-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Last night at DD's Girl Scouts party, lots of moms were asking me how much I've lost and how I've done it. Seems like I've been a topic of conversation lately! Lots of them planning to start something after the holidays and asking me for advice. Fun stuff!

Beverlyjoy
12-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Good news with my lab report: it's my NSV

9/23/07

cholesterol 220
triglycerides - 508
HDL -37
LDL - NA

12/18/07

cholesterol - 161
triglycerides - 176!!
HDL - 38
LDL - 88

I won't have to go on the triglyceride meds. Yippee!
I still need to get them down a bit.
I need to raise my good cholesterol.

nylisa
12-21-2007, 10:53 AM
I was so tired from all of the holiday rushing around, I desperately wanted to skip the gym & sleep in this am. Almost did, but I managed to go & I had more energy afterwards. And when I got to work, one of the vendors had sent us Godiva chocolates (a big weakness of mine), yet I convinced my co-worker to regift it to family. Which we couldn't do if they were opened, so they stayed sealed. Earlier this week, I got a bunch of chocolate covered cookies from a vendor, sent directly to me. I had one & then put the rest in the kitchen & they were gone by the end of the day. No temptation for me to resist for days.

Shy Moment
12-21-2007, 06:57 PM
nylisa
That is will power. That is personal victory. Congrats.

Beverly
congrats

schmoodle
Doesn't it make you feel great when people notice. Makes you feel even better when someone asks for advice and listens.

boaters
I was bragging a bit. I don't eat fast food but a couple of times a year. I have always thought it was just nasty lol. Those are the only two things, double bacon cheese burgers from Burger King and egg nog shakes from MC Donald's that I ever want. Hubby said go a head and have one if you want. One a year isn't going to kill you. He is right but why bother. Stuff isn't going to taste as good as I remember, I find this with lots of things I don't eat anymore. So why put all the fat and nasty into my body.

KrisR
12-21-2007, 08:00 PM
I just love this thread. It's so inspirational to hear everyone's NSV! I relate to so many of your successes.

Shy Moment
12-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Kris
I love to read everyones victory's too. Sometimes I have the same ones and really haven't taken the time to notice. There are times just people saying what is happening to them for the better. Makes me think about this journey I am on. I see I have come so far, still have a long way to go and the journey is never really over but I can pat myself on the back and say " Way to go girl ".

KrisR
12-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Ditto, Rennie! And, you are so right about how fast food just doesn't taste as good or 'do it' for me anymore. I remember days when I'd stop at a fast food place multiple times during the day. I'm sure it didn't actually taste any better then....it's just that it was filling a hole or a need or something. I'm so grateful today that when we do stop at a fast food place (which is pretty infrequent), it's truly just to have a quick meal - not because I HAVE to shove something in. OH PULEASE (she says to herself).....let this new way of thinking and living continue!

Lifeguard
12-23-2007, 02:09 PM
I haven't been around for a bit as I have finally made the move to Costa Rica & don't have internet at home yet. I have several NSV's to report though, so I hope no one minds a long post!

I wore jeans on the plane - a few months ago I couldn't fathom wearing jeans somewhere I would be sitting, cramped for a long period - the idea made me cringe - it would be SO uncomfortable. Well, I wore the jeans & was comfy the whole way!

Yesterday I unpacked all my clothes (most of which I have not had access too in over 2 months) & it is like going shopping every time I get dressed. I have SO many clothes that fit me now - it's so exciting to get dressed.

I arrived here on Wednesday & have already been to the gym twice. I took a total of 3 days off of the gym for the move. It feels so good to have my abs & legs sore today. I was absolutely panicked I would slip into old habits, but I'm sticking with it!

Shy Moment
12-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Life
You are doing so good. I hope you know you are an inspiration for many of us here. Yes, when we can fit things in our closet that we haven't been able to wear for a very long time, you are right, it is like having new clothes all over again. Glad you are getting to enjoy this feeling.

While we were out shopping yesterday I forgot to take my low fat cheeze its with us. If I don't eat something every couple of hours I have a head ache. My husband asked if I wanted to go back to the house to get something to eat or just stop somewhere. I told him I want a double bacon cheese burger lol. He said are you sure? Being supportive and letting me think twice if I really wanted to eat this. Now you know I don't eat fast food, as I have said Burger king double bacon cheese burgers and MC Donald's egg nog shakes are just about it. Anyway, I said yes that is what I want so off to burger king we went. That cheese burger tasted just as good as I remembered lol. Now, I have a couple of nsv's to report. First I could only eat half of the thing and instead of stuffing it all into my body because it tasted so good. I tossed the rest in the trash. That is a biggie. ME toss for that I paid money for lol. ME toss something that tastes so good. YEAAAAAAAAAA me. Not only that but the fact that I let myself have it at all. Of course it wasn't good for me but I fit it into what I allow myself for the day and I enjoyed it. Moderation is the key, bet I don't have another one of those for months and months and months. Another thing that happened was he asked if I wanted to swing by MC Donald's and get an egg nog shake. I didn't even really think twice. I said no, the double bacon cheese burger was more than enough. I found some low fat egg nog that tastes pretty darn good and fits into what I allow myself better than that MC Donald's egg nog shake. Besides I already had one this season and I told myself 1 was more than enough. Pretty darn proud of myself.

gina1221
12-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Shy - Congrats to you on skipping that egg nog shake and tossing half of the burger. All of my good sense flies out the drive-thru window when I go to those places so I am impressed with your will power! :cp:

Life - Congrats on keeping up with the gym. It's amazing that you only missedc 3 days AND after such a big move! Wow... and enjoy your clothes shopping "in your own closet". :D

Well, I had a totally unexpected NSV. There was an online sale at Victoria's Secret so I ordered a few things, one being a sleep shirt that I fully expected to put in a drawer and take out in a couple of months (or more) and try on. Well, it arrived and just for fun (and to see how long before I might be able to wear it) I tried it on and... IT FIT!!! Granted, it's an XL and made roomy for sleeping but I can't even remember the last time anything in XL fit much less anything from VS. Woohoo!! :cb:

Shy Moment
12-26-2007, 01:21 PM
gina
The first thing I do is NOT use the drive thru window. Sit down and eat. You eat less and think about what you are eating. There is also a handy trash can right by you lol. Congrats on your night shirt. Gosh it is amazing what a smaller size will do for us. I pulled some Harley t shirts out of my sons drawers to give away since he never wears the things. To my surprise I could wear them, couldn't when he got them, couldn't even think of getting them over my chest. Now they fit great. As I get rid of this darn chest I can get into smaller sizes lol.

Lifeguard
12-26-2007, 05:21 PM
I went to the gym today. I am struggling I must admit with keep the habit going. I do not so much like the gym here. And since my body is not use to the warm weather I sweat just thinking about exercising which means by the time I am finished with my workout I am literally soaked with sweat - ick - wish the gym had air conditioning. In some ways it feels like I am starting all over again with the exercise. I know it will get easier - I just got battle through this tough spot.

Cassie501107
12-28-2007, 12:07 AM
The pictures of me from Vegas? I actually kinda like 'em! Wow!

kasmin
12-28-2007, 09:46 AM
I was out and about (in a mall, actually) and couldn't get home in time to eat. So I had to EAT OUT. This is always so frustrating and stressful, trying to make good choices. Anyways, today, I managed to do everything right. I didn't wait too long to start seeking food (thus I didn't become deliriously hungry and then just gobble down the first incredibly calorific thing I could find). And then, I managed to find something both nutritious, delicious AND best of all, low calorie. I didn't feel deprived and I was even below my calorie limit for the day. Yay me!:carrot: This was an especially necessary motivation builder since this past week has been a horror show food-wise:^:

Daimere
12-28-2007, 11:41 AM
I wore a LARGE HORIZONTALLY striped sweater. I've never worn horizontal stripes and looked good. Well, I looked fabulous! My aunt was also raving about my weight loss!

Rosemund
12-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Kasmin - That's awesome! I know you've been having issues with eating out, so that must feel great.

Shy Moment
12-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Daimere
Nice going. Feels great to look good.

kas
That is terrific. You have a couple of nsv's there. First, you didn't let
yourself get so darn hungry you wanted to eat the paper the food came in. Second you made great choices. Third and maybe the most important of the bunch, you feel great about yourself. Nice going.

Cassie
Don't you hide from the camera anymore. You need to see the smile on your face in pictures. You also will love having pictures to look back on. It really is a great feeling. I am no where near the weight I want to be BUT I let the hubby take a few this Christmas. Going to have to kill the kids, they now pop up at me with the darn camera ( I know in 49 of our great states you can go to jail for that lol ) when I am at my most unflattering lol, anyway, I don't like how I look but I also don't hate how I look now. I am not going to hide
anymore. I am going to have pics to look back on and see how far I have come.

Life
It is going to take a bit of time to get use to the climate change. It will take time to get use to a new gym too I am sure. You just keep with it. You are insperation for me. I love to hear how well you are doing.

Trazey34
12-28-2007, 09:08 PM
NSV's rock I must say!

Mine for December have been:

Saying NO to shortbread cookies (sigh), chocolates, drinks, and various and assorted goodies. I decided that my priority for the holidays was to savour and devour my mom's turkey dinner, and I did so. I said no no no to a million treats along the way, enjoyed the dinner (and then some! whoot!) and was back on track.

My other NSV for December I noticed today -- I was in WalMart and my cart used to be overflowing with BIG candy bars, chips, diet coke, candy etc. and now it's only got the basics for housecleaning, a new pen LOL, and a calendar. I haven't bought crap in so long and it makes me really happy :)

Shy Moment
12-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Trazey
Isn't it wonderful to make good choices. Now, since we aren't buying all that junk, we can afford to get a new piece of clothing from time to time, or maybe a new walking video or maybe our hair done or maybe.........

Trazey34
12-28-2007, 10:10 PM
I agree Shy - it helps feed my new shoe addiction :D hehehehe

I must say tho, it's an awesome sense of freedom in a weird way - no more "panic mode" that there might not be enough CRAP in the house to snack on all weekend! geeesh I wanna invent a time machine, go back to the old me, and give myself a shake! LOL

I love how all our NSVs mean something special to us, and are so different for everyone - yet we can all certainly relate!

Lifeguard
12-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Shy - you are always so considerate & caring of everyone here - thank you for that.

Cassie - everytime I see a picture of myself I am unhappy with I just think - it's a before picture. It has really helped me not shy away from the picture.

My nsv is kind of funny. My cat has long enjoyed lying on top of me when I am lying on my side & sleeping there. I've noticed that now she is lying instead on the pillow beside me & resting just her upper body & head on me. I think it is because she feels like she'll fall off of me when I'm on my side! Woohoo - I'm not fat enough to be a bed anymore - lol!

Shy Moment
12-28-2007, 10:14 PM
I love to read everyone Nsv's. I find I say to myself. I did that too or wow I never thought of that as something I have accomplished. They really are much more important than the numbers going down on the scale. I can't wait to wear a swim suit this summer without a skirt on it. I know I will not look as good as I should but WOW what a moral booser that will be. Told the hubby I am going to walk around in two strings and a couple of band aids, lol he said ya maybe inside the house with the shades down lol.

Lifeguard
12-28-2007, 10:17 PM
I totally agree that it is the other stuff that is way better than the number on the scale. Right now I am LOVING wearing clothes that are too big - it's gives me such a kick everytime I put something on & it's too long & sloppy looking. Hahaha!

Shy Moment
12-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Life
How are you doing in that new area with all that heat? Are you getting to like the new gym better? We went and bought me a couple new t shirts with thermal shirt under them for winter. They were on sale dirt cheat 9 bucks for the two ( 4 altogether ) shirts and I really needed something warm. I always bought 2x's because A. I loved stuff really big and baggy and B I knew they were going to shrink a lot lol. Well, I washed them in warm water and dryed them. They are still so huge it is unbelievable. Made me really happy on the one hand but on the other hand I swim in the things and have to roll the sleeves up about 12 inches, I am not kidding lol. We were back at the store today for oil and I tryed on another of those shirts, nice to see larges were still big lol. I have to stop thinking I need such big sizes.

Lifeguard
12-29-2007, 02:23 AM
It's funny, I do not find it that hot here until I get to the gym. Maybe they have heaters on in there I'm not seeing but boy-o-boy do I sweat!!! DH thinks it is probably partly due to the change in altitude. Either way, eventually I'll adjust - lots of fluids until then.

As for the gym - I'm not liking it any better. It seems each time I go something else jumps out at me to make me dislike it. The fact that they do not have a squat rack is the biggest thorn though. It's such a simple piece of equipment yet none of the gyms here (except of course the farthest one) seem to have it & it is something that I use the most for my workouts. But I will persevere. DH & I are seriously considering turning the carport into a workout area & purchasing our own squat rack, a bench & a few hundred lbs in weights - lol.

Good going on the shirts Shy. I have to admit I love my warm woolly clothing. Something about it is just so satisfying. But I shall not complain as Ottawa is being hit hard with the snow this year & I am missing it all.

Shy Moment
12-29-2007, 02:31 AM
Life
Yes, it could be the altitude. I don't happen to like temps to be over about 70 or 75 lol. Ohio is a very humid place in the summer so I enjoy winter.

Lifeguard
12-29-2007, 02:37 AM
Ugh - don't you just hate humidity? That is what Ottawa is like too & I despise it! I have always joked that I would never choose to live in Ottawa based on it's weather!

Shy Moment
12-29-2007, 03:02 AM
Life
I have been all over the country for work and I keep comeing back to Ohio. Hated when I had to spend a few weeks or a month somewhere else. But then, I live 10 min from the house I grew up in.

Lifeguard
12-29-2007, 08:58 PM
I just received an e-mail from a friend saying that I am her inspiration to work out & lose weight!!! It amazes me that anyone could look at me for inspiration - I feel so blessed.

midwife
12-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Lifeguard, I am very proud of you for persevering at the gym even though it is not a ton of fun for you. That takes real discipline and motivation!

My NSV is that yesterday I went to the movies with the family and I had zero popcorn, soda, candy or nachos. Nada!!

Also my size 14 jeans are fitting me. They're snug but they've helped keep me from overeating.

Shy Moment
12-30-2007, 12:43 AM
life
I just think it is such a shame you don't like this gym as well as your old one. You always sounded so excited when you had gone to the gym.

Kriss
12-30-2007, 05:48 AM
My NSV to day was a smaller portion of oatmeal at breakfast { dont laugh} . I have also had three waters. And consequently have a had to pee about 30 times! Does this get better? lol!

Beverlyjoy
12-30-2007, 06:14 AM
My NSV was eating ONLY 3 dark chocolate kisses when I got them in a beautiful bow from a friend for Christmas yesterday.

Shy Moment
12-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Beverly
Nice going. Portion control and be really hard when it is something we love.

Kriss
What goes in must come out lol.

Kriss
12-31-2007, 02:14 AM
;) Heeyyy, TAKE BACK THE NIGHT!!! Ahem... well I dont really remember where that catch phrase came from :D . For me it means my NSV was no eating at night. This has been a HUGE issue for me. So what it means is I was totally on plan yesterday :cool: I am very happy about this! :carrot:
Have a great day. Thanks for startin this thread. I dont have a scale right now so al my victories are going to Be of the NSV variety for the next week or so. Well It's New Years Eve day here so I'll get stated wishing you all the best in the new year and :D Loose The Weight In 2008!:D Kriss

Lifeguard
12-31-2007, 11:44 AM
;) Heeyyy, TAKE BACK THE NIGHT!!! Ahem... well I dont really remember where that catch phrase came from

LOL - I remember! I remember going a take back the night march with my Mom when I was about 8. At the time for me it was quite the spectacle & so exciting to be up & outside so late!

My nsv is that I just came back from walking my dog. I decided I wanted to make this part of my morning routine & today is the 3rd day in a row - on my way to making it a habit. She of course already thinks it's a habit & is ultra excited as soon as I get out of bed - lol! The tough part now is convincing my body it hasn't already exercised & still get my butt to the gym this aft.

Shy Moment
12-31-2007, 02:43 PM
Life
That is great, add something new to your routine that is good for you and your dog. Pepper ( 13 year old lab ) isn't happy with me wanting to walk her lol. She wants to walk to the back yard, do her business and then walk back to the house. She then lays where ever she wants and sleeps lol.

Lifeguard
12-31-2007, 03:12 PM
Lol - Sadie is super excited about the walk but she has not adjusted to the altitude or the heat either so when we get back I think she takes longer to recover than I do. Poor thing still has her winter coat from Canada on. The shedding is something else altogether!

I just got back from the gym. Starting to feel better about this gym. Starting to see the same faces & become more familiar. Today there was a couple who are also white & english & they were sweating as much as me! I'm not a freak afterall!

dustdiva
12-31-2007, 04:24 PM
This NSV kind of crept up on me - I just realized that I went through my last period with very minimal cramping or water gain, and didn't get the awful heaviness & pain in my legs that usually comes just beforehand. Whether it's due to eating better or losing weight or both, it's a welcome improvement!

Looking forward to more NSV surprises in '08!

Shy Moment
01-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Dust
Could very well be due to eating better.