Old 11-30-2007, 02:38 PM   #1  

Default Anyone own a Weight Watchers scale???

Hello all,
I hope I am not asking a question that has already been answered in a different thread. Anyway, I bought a Weight Watchers scale a while ago, and it came with a funny looking little silver coin shaped Long Life Lithium 3 Volt battery. I made the mistake of throwing away the paperwork that came with the scale. Does the battery last as long as the scale??? I ask this because I can't find the battery in stores anywhere, and it doesn't really look like it's meant to be removed. Ofcourse, I don't really know anything about batteries, or scales for that matter. I thought that the battery might need to be replaced because it seemed to me that the number on the scale tends to jump around WILDLY throughout the day. I know........I know.......you aren't suppose to weigh yourself more than once a day. But I am a scale junkie...

Shirley
Cheyennedawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I have a Weight Watcher's scale (it's actually a Health o Meter scale made for Weight Watcher's). It's at least 4 years old, and I haven't had to replace the battery yet. It is supposed to flash when the battery is low.

If you know the make and model of your scale, you may be able to find the owner's manual or battery information online.

I also have a HomeMedics scale that I bought from JcPenney because it had a higher weight limit to accomodate my husband when he joined me in dieting. It will read Lo when it needs a new battery (in theory). It was reading Lo, so we removed the battery and took it to Walmart's jewelry department. In many stores the coin sized batteries are not kept where people can see them (because they're small enough to be easily stolen), and they will either be kept behind the counter in the jewelry department or the electronics department. Anyway, the man behind the jewelry counter tested our battery and it was fine, and he said dust will sometimes get in the casing and register low battery. We bought a new battery to have around just in case.

If you want to test whether your scale is accurate weigh yourself, and step off the scale and reweigh. Is the weight close? Now go get a 16 ounce glass of water and step on the scale with it in your hand (it should register about a pound more). Now set the glass down and weigh yourself again. It should be close to your original weight. If it's off a bit, but still close, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote