Weight Loss Support - 2008 Plans and goals???

View Full Version : 2008 Plans and goals???

lumifan4ever
11-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Okay...we all know it's coming...time to make new years resolutions. What is it that you hope that at the end of 2008 you can say you accomplished?? It doesn't have to be weight related completely...just what do you plan to be able to say you accomplished in 2008?

Me?? I definately weight wise want to reach my ultimate goal and hopefully have my belly shrunk enough that i can wear at least a modest 2 peice bathing suit without feeling like i have to suck my gut in. Also, I'd like to be able to get my teeth whitened.

None body image wise??? I really want to try to pay my car and house payments on time and not bounce another check for the whole year!!!:D

So far...that's as far as i've really gotten on new years resolutions.:o

pigginpodgey
11-29-2007, 11:55 AM
I was just thinking about this today!

Weight wise, I would like to lose another 30lbs at least by December 2008. Slow and sure wins the race!! I really want to be into onederland!!

Non-work wise - I want to be happy in my career, with scottish man and be able to live comfortably, not too much to ask!! I want to be 170lbs by my 26th Birthday in February too.

mandalinn82
11-29-2007, 12:08 PM
On January 1st, I want to think about my life and what I've acheived and decide that I don't NEED any resolutions. I just want to stay where I'm at.

I never ever ever imagined I'd feel that way, but that is what comes to mind.

Erika79
11-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Hmm.. 2008

Weight wise- I hope to be at goal by the VERY end of the year! :) I have 50 some odd pounds to go, and I think that's do-able.

My fitness goal is to walk the 1/2 marathon (speed walk!) in the Niagara Falls Marathon (which is in late October). Gonna DO it.

Not health wise- I'd like to work on saving up some $$ (work on our savings account) .. and pay down our credit cards.

Altari
11-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Weight wise : I'd like to be a size 10/12 by Christmas 2008 (currently an 18/20). My ultimate goal is a size 8, but I'm still not sure if I'll get there, considering the three pregnancies and stretching and...yeah...

In other news : I need to have some dental work done. Two roots canals and a few fillings (I don't care what any dentist says, I believe my OB, pregnancy ruins your teeth, lol). Since we'll have dental insurance this year, I need to get up the courage to do it.

Pay off at least one student loan. Hubby had about $70,000 right now - I'd like to pay off at least ONE of them this year!

Get my A+ certification and start on the Cisco certification(s).

Robin41
11-29-2007, 01:56 PM
I want to be lean and fit. The weight's coming off but my goal isn't just thin, it's fit.

That's it. Everything else in my life is just fine the way it is; I just want to feel better living it.

GONNABE165
11-29-2007, 02:31 PM
2008 is gonna be great!

I want to be at my for now goal weight
I want to continue to save money
I want to have all my work done & completed on my house by endo of 08

Mandalinn your remark was awesome - life is what you make of it & it sounds like your making yours great

MAMA BEAR
11-29-2007, 05:11 PM
MY GOALS ARE AS FOLLOWS ...

* 1 - TO BE FREE FROM ALL MY DIABETIC MEDICATION *
* 2 - TO LOOSE MY LAST of MY WEIGHT ... :cool:
* 3 - TO LOOK GOOD FOR MY 30 TH WEDDING ANNIVESARY - IN APRIL !!
* 4 - TO LOOK GOOD FOR MY OLDEST SON'S WEDDING IN AUGUST :hug:
* 5 - TO BE ABLE TO WEAR MY DRESS I HAVE GOTTEN FOR HIS WEDDING
* 4 - TO CUT DOWN MY SALT INTAKE

* I will be finding out NEXT WEEK if I can be off all my medciation so I will keep you all posted !!

:carrot::carrot:

LisaMarie71
11-29-2007, 06:42 PM
If I'm lucky enough to finally get pregnant in 2008, some of the goals below may not be relevant, but if not, here goes:

*I'd like to get into the 140s and stay there. That's my super-secret goal. I'd be ok with 150s, and honestly I'm ok where I am, but the 140s would be great.

*I will run two half marathons and one full marathon in 2008, along with various shorter races. The full marathon is the biggie, obviously, because it's something I haven't done yet and it's just a huge undertaking I never thought would be possible for me.

*I will work on paying off my debts, though I know I won't get close to paying off ALL of it.

I'm sure I'll have other goals, but honestly, like Amanda said -- I'm ok where I am for the first time ever. If things are the same at the end of 2008, I'll be quite happy.

Ready4aChange
11-29-2007, 06:58 PM
I also need to work harder on paying off debt which I've started on, but hope to see more of a dent by this time next year!
Otherwise, just remembering to be happy where I am even if it's not where I ultimately want to be. I'm working on breaking myself of thoughts like: Oh, I can have a new outfit when I lose the weight, etc. (I've been too into the self punishment) and just knowing I deserve it now as well... so that's something I'll continue working on this upcoming year.

lointhecity
11-29-2007, 07:14 PM
If I do well in my diet on december (which I WILL) there will be no need for dieting in 2008. Which is something that really excites me! But my resolutions are:
* Join a gym and get into my fittest shape EVER
* Quit smoking
* Get a raise
* Be promoted
* Make loads of friends
* Enjoy my life
* Take care of my health (which, acording to my 2008 horoscope, is a must!)
* Donate blood
* Teeth fixed
* Get the contract I've been dreaming of for years.
:carrot: Yay for 2008! My best year, so far:carrot:

baffled111
11-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Ok, here's my list.

In 2008 I will:

- Finish and defend my dissertation
- Quit smoking
- Maintain my weight
- Make specific progress with lifting weights and running
- Continue to keep an emphasis on healthy, local, seasonal foods

That should keep me fairly busy. :)

settie
11-29-2007, 07:48 PM
In 2008 I hope to:

- get to my goal weight and learn to maintain.

- continue to improve healthwise - enough to go back to work.

- get out and meet some new people - something I haven't done since my divorce.

- continue to eat well.

- continue to run and start to weight train. ;)

veggielover
11-29-2007, 07:53 PM
I want to lower my "healthy" standards and UP my self esteem!

tamaralynn
11-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Goal. To lose 50 lbs. Get pregnant and not gain all my weight back except for the necessary poundage for the baby :)

rockinrobin
11-29-2007, 09:04 PM
As I ring in the new year on January 1, 2008, it will be the first New Years that I can ever recall where I will be at a healthy weight - not morbidly obese, not obese and not even overweight. Just plain old HEALTHY and boy oh boy does it feel good. Tears are filling my eyes right now as I write this, that's just how incredible it is to me now that I am stopping to think about it. Wow. My goal therefore for 2008 and every single year after, is to always weigh somewhere in the low 120's. I don't ever want to spend another day of my life being at an unhealthy weight.

baffled111
11-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Hooray Robin!!!

practiceliving
11-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Wow, I am so inspired by all these posts! Amanda and Robin - can't wait to be where you two are at - how great is it to know that you are where you want to be!

I'm still trying to decide what my resolutions will look like, but I know that one of them will be to get to goal!

rockinrobin
11-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Hooray Robin!!!

Thank you baffled. Not sure why I got so emotional - but I did.

Wow, I am so inspired by all these posts! Amanda and Robin - can't wait to be where you two are at - how great is it to know that you are where you want to be!

I'm still trying to decide what my resolutions will look like, but I know that one of them will be to get to goal!

I can't wait for you to get where you want to be as well. And you know what, 2008 IS the year to do it. Good luck to you!!

jordan
11-30-2007, 12:38 AM
My 2008 goal is to get to 138. That will make my weight loss total 100. I don't know if it is going to be possible as I have a bigger frame (but I'm beginning to think I just deceived myself into thinking I'm "big boned" cause I was such a big girl!), but we shall see...I'm shooting for 138 in 2008.

scottishdiane
11-30-2007, 07:42 AM
2008, I can't wait.

Most of 2007 hasn't been a good year so I can't wait to see the back of it and enjoy 2008.

Main goal for 2008 is to get to target weight which is possible if I manage to stay focust.

I have a mini goal which is to get into a 14/16 bikini for holiday in May and buy some nice clothes as this will be the first holiday me and hubby have ever been on without the kids (Its only taken almost 18 years).

The bikini I'm planning on wearing is hanging up on the front of my wardrobe to keep me motivated (but I completley blew it this month) so as of Saturday which is the 1st of December I need to get my act together and lose a few pounds and be very careful over Xmas which I know is going to be a killer for me.

lottie63
11-30-2007, 05:46 PM
I have no idea how much I weigh right now and won't know until jan when I see the doc, I know that it's around if not under 263, cuz I have gone down a pant size so I dunno how much I've lost. Anyhow, I want to get down to 190 this year. I remember 190, ha, it was amazing compared ot 275! (my high weight) I had lost 70 lbs on atkins and then gained it back on this medication I was taking. augh!

non weight goals: Have half my credit paid down.

trooworld
12-02-2007, 11:52 AM
It is very inspiring to read everyone else's goals. It is invigorating. :D

My goals:
--- get down to 145 lbs.
--- get a handle on my credit card spending, only use it for emergencies (this may mean cutting up my cards)
--- skip school less
--- clean the house once a week (this one is a tough one, I wish I had the money for a cleaning person!)

bargoo
12-02-2007, 12:11 PM
As someone not quite to goal, I am so inspired by those who have successfully lost and maintained that loss.

My 2008 goal,
To be at my goal weight and to maintain that loss.

karen530
12-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Weight wise:
1) Lose weight SLOWLY. I'm tempted to really slash the calories and see more progress, but I'm holding onto the idea that slow and steady will win the race for me. I'm tempted to set a goal to take off X about of weight by a certain date, but instead I want to focus on healthy eating, good portions and feeling better.
2) Learn more about nutrition
3) Continue eating at least 6-8 servings of veggies and fruit per day.
4) Learn how to cook 10 new veggies. My local co-op has rows of things I don't ever eat because I have no idea how to cook it. (This week, I tried squash with a bit omega 3 butter---good stuff, who knew!)
4) Lower my LDL level (currently 230 yikes).
5) Lower my triglyceride level (currently 161).
6) Raise my HDL (currently 48)

Exercise wise:
1) Continue interval walking 4-5 days (3-6 hrs total) per week.
2) Research and start a weight training plan.

gailr42
12-02-2007, 11:08 PM
I would like to get to goal, but I will be very happy if the end of 2008 sees me at the same weight I am now.

I want to strengthen my good eating habits. I have done really well with this so far, and another year should really set the habits.

I need to be more regular with the exercise. I wish I could find some way to make myself enjoy it - so far, I just don't. Even if exercise doesn't help me loose weight, it is good for me and I know it!

LondonAngel
12-02-2007, 11:51 PM
- Weight 114 lbs.
- Be more social.
- Make new friends.
- See Joshua again.
- Improve my grades.
- Eat healthy.
- Like myself.

Ookpik
12-02-2007, 11:58 PM
- Reach my goal weight. I'm a little more than halfway there, and I lost all that weight this past year, so it's doable.
- Continue exercising and toning my body through weight training, and joining a gym so I have more access to weights.
- Going to my friend's wedding next Summer and looking good in the little red dress that hangs in my closet.
- Being more careful with my spending, and getting out of debt.
- Getting more involved in sports and meeting more people and basically HAVING FUN!!!

Reddalice
12-03-2007, 02:23 AM
I want to find an activity that is challenging and eays to get to/start for someone who doesn't drive.

mothermavis
12-04-2007, 05:59 AM
For 2008.
1- Reach goal
2- Pay off debt - 1 at a time
3- Tone what's left after goal
4- Prepare for 1/2 marathon in September

Janny O
12-04-2007, 08:36 AM
I AM going to reach my goal in 08.
Wear my new Guess jeans.
Get a bikini....
Finish off getting all my home gym equipment.

flowerindarain
12-04-2007, 08:37 AM
My Goals are...
-To Stay on track with all my mini-goals. (If I don't have any major slip-ups I should get to goal around Valentines Day '09)
- To Make healthy eating and regular exercise a habit, not something I'm forcing myself to do.
- To simply feel better

non health
- To End the school year with good grades and minimal stress (The past 2 years have been really stressful and because of that my grades have dropped)
- To Save as much money as I can. At the end of next year I'll decide what to do with it.

NightengaleShane
12-04-2007, 02:19 PM
I want nice abs.

Other than that?
I hope I'm more successful at life in the business world by this time next year. I don't just want a job that pays the bills; I want a good quality of life, too, and I believe I can achieve that.

Cats tongue
12-04-2007, 02:43 PM
I'd like to get my weight down to 137lbs, which is a really good maintenance weight for me.

I want arm muscles, ab muscles, and I want a tight ***.

I want to go tree planting this summer.

I'd like to start dating (or be brave enough to tell my crush!boy how I feel).

I'd like to get into UBC and get into the dietetics program.

I want to... keep up what I've been doing, because it feels great. If I'm stuck where I'm at now (mentally, physically, weight wise) then it won't be the worst thing ever. Mostly I just don't want to go backwards and upwards...

ACivE
12-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I want to be 180 by April. It will be difficult as I will be on an extended vacation in Australia, the South Pacific, and other regions around there for almost two months with no way to cook my own food. That is going to be a HUGE struggle. Living in hotels and on ships isn't exactly my normal lifestyle and I am unbelievably worried that I'm going to put back every pound that I've lost. Thankfully, I'm going with a guy who understands my struggles and is willing to push me to stay on track.

Non-health goals... graduate and get into the phd program of my choice.

JayEll
12-05-2007, 05:38 PM
ACivE, :wel3fc:

Jay

Synergy
12-05-2007, 06:15 PM
My goal for the year 2008 is to lose weight, at least 50 pounds. I want to get off the roll coaster of emotional eating. To gain chracter of self-control and stop procastinating And become a more better person
Also, to learn how to be more consistent :)

Jadeybaby
12-05-2007, 06:24 PM
You all have some awesome goals and I hope everyone can achieve what they want to in 2008. Let's make 2008 OUR YEAR for accomplishing what we WANT.

My goals for 2008 are:
1) Reach my birthday goal of 140lbs by my 20th birthday (2nd May)
2) Reach my "final" goal by 31st December 2008
3) Get some work experience done in a law firm
4) Get high grades in all of my modules
5) Exercise at least 4 times a week
6) Go out less and drink less
7) Improve myself in any way I can!