South Beach Diet - December 1st Starters?

View Full Version : December 1st Starters?

sluggo44
11-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Good Morning, Is anyone planning on starting this saturday the 1st? I'm thinking about starting then or today. The only reason I'm thinking about starting today is I got on some old jeans (can't breathe,oh the price of beauty) but just thrilled I got them on so that gives me quite the motivation but I'm so weird about starting on either the 1st or a monday. Just wondering if anyone is planning on the 1st:D

dixied
11-29-2007, 10:49 AM
I've been on the beach since August, but I'm considering restarting Phase I this weekend. My eating hasn't been consistent lately and I need to fix that before it gets out of control.

GONNABE165
11-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Slugg I'm not starting as I have been at it since may. I want to wish you good luck and much success. Heres some :dust: to get you through

LoveMySgt
11-29-2007, 11:50 AM
My hubby and I are starting tomorrow. I am going to the grocery today so I am making my grocery list now.

D flip
11-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Good luck! I HAVE to start things on Sundays, so I'm on Day 5 now :)

jenne1017
11-29-2007, 01:18 PM
I will restart on Monday, the 3rd I think should my stomach be up to it!

KO
11-29-2007, 01:44 PM
I started on Monday So I'm on day 4 woohooo!

carynm
11-30-2007, 01:52 AM
I just finished my first day back on the beach and I'm feeling fantastic! I started the plan early in the spring and was doing great, but then I went on vacation over the summer and entered a downward spiral of junk food and general laziness. Now I'm back up to my original starting weight and ready to kick these bad habits for good!

Sabbykay
11-30-2007, 10:36 AM
I restarted P1 on Monday to clear out all that remained of Thanksgiving. I plan to run for 3 weeks so I will be good and strong for the Christmas holidays!

Good luck!

Sabby

KO
11-30-2007, 10:58 AM
fell off the wagon last night but I'm back on!! ready to be successful!

dixied
11-30-2007, 11:39 AM
DH and I will be restarting on Monday. It's too hard to start on the weekend we have DSS. (DH gets cranky and short tempered after 24 hours without bad carbs). DH wants to do a super low carb thing and I will be restarting Phase 1 of SB. Now I have to make up a menu that's suitable for both of us.

LoveMySgt
11-30-2007, 12:02 PM
DH is on a night schedule and I am not so this is going to be a bit harder than I thought.

How often should we be eating? I know snacks are required, how long after breakfast should we eat a snack?

Stardutchess
11-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Well I started last monday, but I had a garlic knot binge last night so I restarted today! Good luck!

Devonlas
11-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Starting on Monday (which will give me all weekend to gear up and plan meals).

G'luck folks!! :carrot:

tomandkara
12-01-2007, 03:51 AM
Hey gals! Mind if I join you? I finally said enough is enough with trying to get back on track after the whole summer and Thanksgiving and I restarted Phase 1 today. It's been going swimmingly so far!

Kara

tomandkara
12-01-2007, 10:13 AM
One for every clean Phase 1 day:
:tree:

LoveMySgt
12-02-2007, 12:29 AM
2 Days and already off plan! It was purely an accident though, I'd had some acorn squash in the house and cooked it without even thinking about it. I was planning tomorrows list and bam, there is was on the avoid list, ooops. The good news... it's easier to start over when you are just on day 2 ;)

DH has lost 7lbs in the past 2 days. He is weighing himself when he gets up since he has to lose either 20lbs or 4" by Wednesday. It's a pretty tight schedule but he's doing great!

tomandkara
12-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Except for taking communion this morning (and I don't feel at all guilty about that!) I ate well today, so I'm not giving myself another tree, but I feel good about my choices.

:tree:

LoveMySgt
12-02-2007, 11:44 PM
omgosh, I just called DH to remind him to have a snack now and he was telling me we should continue SB for good! I have been trying to get him to eat healthier for years and I think he's finally come around. I do think we will have a "cheat" day planned for each week so we can still have things that are on the foods to avoid list. I am a big believer in not letting myself feel deprived of things that are off plan. I also know DH wouldn't be able to stick with it certain items were off limits forever.

tomandkara
12-03-2007, 12:45 AM
That's awesome! Eating well makes you feel so good. I forget that "clean" feeling when I start eating crud but it's good to get back into the groove!

Just remember that some things are "off-limits" in South Beach because they screw with your blood sugar and can set off your cravings for simple carbs. One of our wise moderators once said that to be successful on South Beach you have to stick with it 90% of the time. Throwing in a treat here and there won't kill the plan, but letting that one treat lead to another and another and another is how I ended up back where I started four months ago. It's totally your decision, just be mindful of what you eat and how you feel afterwards, and don't cheat at all on Phase 1!

Kara

RocknRoll
12-03-2007, 12:50 AM
I started on 12-2 so I would love to post here!

I have been on a sugar overload the past month and I really need to stop these cravings!

suzka
12-03-2007, 12:53 AM
Hi. This is a 1st for me on any diet. My BF and I decided on SBD because we're vegetarian, and it seemed like the one that would be easiest to stick to while still eating healthy. Our diet consists of a disturbing amount of carbs. I cleaned out the pantry tonight and was amazed to fill two rubbermaid bins with 'no no' food. I'll be making a huge drop off at the chow barrel tomorrow! An added challenge is that HE is a very picky eater and has just recently started trying more vegetables. Because of this I've had to sort of come up with our own version of the meal plan for P1. I based it as closely as possible to the suggested plan, substituting meat replacements and the BF's 'icky' veggies from the approved list. I wish they would publish a veg. version. I spent all day working this out!

We've got a trip to Tybee island planned for May, so hopefully SBD will do the trick so I don't have to wear my muumuu at the beach :)

suzka
12-03-2007, 12:56 AM
I just got a tracker to share. First time ive seen that number in print. GAH!

tomandkara
12-03-2007, 01:20 AM
Hi Suzka! I'm a vegetarian, too. I've found South Beach rather easy to adapt to my eating preferances, especially utilizing the recipes in the recipe section of this forum. Be careful with the meat replacements because a lot of them have wheat gluten in the ingredients, which obviously wouldn't work for Phase 1. I use a lot of beans in Phase 1 to get my protein, and cottage cheese and other dairy as well.

Hope that helps, and welcome to the forum!

Kara

sluggo44
12-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Wow,there has been alot of replies to this thread. Well I stated I was going to start Dec 1st but I did alot of baking this weekend and the cupcakes were screaming my name. I officially am starting today. Just reading all of these posts has helped with giving me the motivation to not cheat on phase I, which is always my downfall. I really would like to stay on phase I till christmas so my cravings will be gone so all the goodies won't be so overwhelming for me. I know I know, just do two weeks of phase I but my sugar cravings are almost considered a medical problem (well at least I think they should be) I just love the sweets so much but after five to seven days of clean phase I, I start to notice the cravings going away and not thinking I'm gonna go crazy if I don't have a donut. I really believe if I continue to post and actually start a journal, I'm gonna have great success. Theres something different about this SB board that really has me motivated. Ya'll are really nice and supportive. Heres to all the Dec 1st/Dec 3rd starters, may you have great success. Have a wonderful and SB day.:carrot:

tomandkara
12-03-2007, 10:29 AM
This board is terrific, you're right!

Today was great - felt fantastic and ate really clean.

:tree: :tree:

Kara

LoveMySgt
12-03-2007, 11:34 AM
I will restart on Monday, the 3rd I think should my stomach be up to it!

You have to have 25 posts to PM so I can't reply but YES pcos affect your ability to lose weight in a big way. There is a forum on here that talks about it and as soon as I can PM, I have some questions for you.

suzka
12-04-2007, 01:39 AM
P1 Day 1
thanks, tomandkara, i'll make sure to look out for wheat gluten. at the end of the first day, i have to admit i was surprised how much i wanted a bowl of cereal, a bagel or some tortilla chips. also, maybe i'm thinking a lot about eating and when to eat and what im eating. and what do you know? i don't want anything i CAN have. i was craving anything not in the very full fridge of allowed food. Here's hoping it gets easier!

the boyfriend seems to be adjusting quite well. or he's doing a really good job of faking it!

One for each day!
:smug:

Rebecca0x0
12-04-2007, 01:56 AM
okay I just typed a message but didn't finish it..I don't know if it went through or not lol :) But here goes again...

I've decided to kick start my SB diet again...I've been eating really badly in the past several months and I've been fibbing about exercising :( So now I really need to be honest with myself and get this weight off! I'm getting married on May 3, 2007...and I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to be at least 50 lbs. lighter by then! I also don't want to have to look for the largest size in stores...I no longer want to wear a size 30/32 shirt size...or 4x. I'd also LOVE to be out of the plus size section in general! ...Anyway.. I've done SB before so I know it'll work for me as long as I stick to it! I also need to make use of my new treadmill and really knock off these pounds! :) If anyone has any suggestions or advice please don't hesitate to say it!

tomandkara
12-04-2007, 02:51 AM
Hi Rebecca! Congratulations on your engagement! I'm sure May will be here so quickly, especially with all the planning I'm sure you're doing!

The best thing for me to do to stay on track was post in this forum. The ladies here are so supportive and encouraging and they kept me honest.

Good luck! Can't wait to hear more from you!

Kara

tomandkara
12-04-2007, 02:53 AM
Oh, Suzka, about wanting everything you can't have... It's all in your head. Make yourself some really yummy recipes from the recipe section and you'll forget you're on a "diet" at all! I remember the first time I did Phase 1 I couldn't believe I was actually going to lose weight eating the delicious meals I found here! Keeping your menu varied and interesting will make it a lot easier.

Hope that helps!

Kara

sluggo44
12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
I so blew it last night. Why is it I do so good during the day but late at night I loose all control. I go to sleep and wake up a few hours later and feel I'm gonna die if I don't eat something sweet. I can consume so much junk in such a short time, its scary. Please, if anyone else does this and has gotten a handle on it , I really would like to know how you did it. I have so much control during the day, I just need to be able to get thru the night. Thanks for listening. Have a great SB day.

LoveMySgt
12-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Sorry Sluggo, I don't get cravings that strong. I refuse to eat after a certain time at night though, even if I think I feel hungry. I will drink water or a SF flavored water and make myself go to bed. Since DH works nights, it's harder for me to stay on plan and not snack once the kids are in bed so this works for me.

Maybe you can have a "PB cup" at night when you wake if you need something sweet? I refuse to eat any food where I can't eat just one, if it makes me want more, even if it's a legal food, I don't touch it.

:dust:

tomandkara
12-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Sluggo, my best advice is to make yourself rules. I have a rule about no eating after 8:00 at night. I also have a rule about eating sitting at the table (not at the computer, not standing at the counter, etc.). When I follow my rules, I reward myself with something non-food related. Also, for me, Phase 1 is its own motivation because I know when I make it through the entire two weeks clean, then my cravings will have subsided. If I'm halfway in and I mess up, then I have to start over and I don't want to "waste" the good work I've already done.

You're worth it. Your body deserves to be fueled properly.

Sounds to me like you need to get all the junk out of the house. You don't need the temptation and no one else in the house NEEDS junk. Donate it to the local food bank and you'll feel doubly good!

Good luck!

Kara

tomandkara
12-04-2007, 08:03 PM
:tree: :tree: :tree:

suzka
12-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Yay day 2!
:smug::smug:

Today did seem a little easier. I'm not thinking about eating as much, only when my computer alarm goes off to remind me.

Had jicama with a tiny sprinkle of Zsweet and cinnamon for breakfast with my eggs, and it helped the egg 'queasies' i tend to get. also instead of 2 whole eggs i did just 1 with extra egg whites.

I tried the plain yogurt with Zsweet and a little vanilla extract last night. I've never tried plain before, and i think it might be an acquired taste. It seemed so tangy and sour, it made me think it might be spoiled or something. But i guess thats why they add so much sugar to the flavored varieties. they seem much milder.

anyone else using Zsweet? i'm using it very conservatively since its both new to me and a bit pricey. The BF and i have a long standing aversion to the more common artificial sweetners, or heavily 'engineered' naturally derived sugar alcohols. they just seem like they will come back to bite us in our skinny asses one day. and if this is going to be a lifetime change in eating habits, i'd rather settle in for the long haul with something i trust. we havent been using refined sugar in the house for a few years, using turbinado and cane juice instead. also, i really can't stand the aftertaste from the artificial sweetners. Zsweet has none, and it feels and looks the most like sugar from all the choices i've looked at.

tomandkara
12-05-2007, 12:57 AM
What's the story behind Zsweet?

Kara

cottagebythesea
12-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Kara, according to their website, Zsweet is an all natural blend of erythritol and natural fruit extracts as flavor enhancers. It contains no sucrose, glucose, frutose or honey and is regulated by the FDA. It has zero calories, zero aftertaste and zero glycemic effects.
A healthfood store near me carries it and is giving out free samples, I may go check it out.

tomandkara
12-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks, Linda. Is it OK for Phase 1 if it is derived from fruit extracts? Chances are I won't be able to find it here anyway, but just so I know...because I'm nosy...

Kara

cottagebythesea
12-05-2007, 08:48 AM
I think it would be ok for Phase 1, since it's supposed to have no glycemic effect. Google their website to find out more about it, that's where I found the information I got.

LoveMySgt
12-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Kara - Figured I would post this here instead of the communion thread. DH didn't make body fat so it's another week wait :( I was really hoping he would be clear so we could find something out. He has to be at 21% before they will send him to MEPS. He's at 23% now but he needs to be 22% for the Army since he's prior serivce, if he was initial enlistment he could be 26%. Anyway, he's going to pick up the exercise this week and try to build up his neck. (they navy says he has a 17" neck but the recruiter says 16.5" and it really make a difference in body fat %)

As for me, I am doing great on phase 1, didn't expect an 8lb loss in less than a week. It has been a while since I followed the plan like I am supposed to though and I have it to lose. Just hoping I don't get pregnant this time, seems to happen when I lose a good amount of weight. I am still nursing twice a day (doc ok'd phase 1) so I am praying no ++ right now.

tomandkara
12-05-2007, 12:16 PM
How old is your nursling? My Avery is one and a half and she's still nursing anywhere from once to four or five times a day! Good luck to your husband on getting his body fat percentage down. The Air Force is really cracking down on fitness standards, too.

Great day for me on the Beach!

:tree: :tree: :tree: :tree:

Kara

LoveMySgt
12-05-2007, 12:32 PM
She's 15mths, we've been at twice a day for about 2 mths now. I am not in a hurry to cut back more.

DH is discouraged this morning but imo, he should be happy about his progress.

RocknRoll
12-05-2007, 05:45 PM
I messed up yesterday: I had a poptart and whole wheat spaghetti. Since I had that I just ate the rest of the day with fruit. So, today is my official start date. No more slip ups!

tomandkara
12-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Rock it, RocknRoll!!!

Love, sorry to hear your husband's disappointment. I'm not a patient person myself, so I can empathize!

Kara

suzka
12-05-2007, 08:45 PM
day three, and i'm coming down with a cold.
:smug::smug::smug:

usually i'd OD on orange juice, but looks like i'll have to settle for vitamin C capsules.

Stinger
12-05-2007, 09:53 PM
I re-started the day after thanksgiving but I have cheated a couple of times so if my weigh-in on friday is not too good I'll hang out for a little while longer or maybe i'll be in ph 1.5

tomandkara
12-06-2007, 03:34 AM
Suzka, have you been getting some beans and dairy every day? The cold symptoms you're feeling may be from not getting enough protein and dairy. Try upping those and you might be feeling fantastic tomorrow!

Stinger, to get the benefits of Phase 1 (cravings GONE!) you have to do two solid, clean weeks of the program to "detox" from all of those simple carbs.

Kara

tomandkara
12-06-2007, 05:28 AM
Have you gals been exercising? I didn't exercise at all the first time I did Phase 1 and I still lost and this time I've been in the habit already and so I continued through Phase 1, but today I really had to push myself and now I'm feeling totally drained. Just wondering if any of you had anything to share about that...

Kara

tomandkara
12-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Another good eating day here. I was feeling a little drained, physically, but I really pushed my limits on my cardio today so I can understand why I'm a little tired. Tomorrow makes a week on Phase 1, half-way through!!!

:tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree:

Kara

browneyedgirl77
12-06-2007, 11:10 AM
I restarted P1 too! I'm on D3. I got a nasty cold during Thanksgiving and ended up going way off plan. I'm doing pretty well on P1 so far. Of course, the cravings usually don't kick in until D4 or D5 for me.

Kara- I experienced extreme fatigue when I worked out during P1. There were times when I would just pass out. This time around I'm still working out but I've reduced it. Instead of stationary biking for 50 min and strength training, I've been biking for 20 min and strength training for about 20 min. I, usually, do a full body strength training routine but since I'm on P1 I do upper body on one day and lower body the next day. If you are feeling extremely tired you should probably just cut back some until P1 is over. When I calculated my calorie intake during P1 I found that I rarely got more than 1200 cal/day. If you're still running 4-5 miles a day I think you are probably burning almost half of your calorie intake.

tomandkara
12-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks, Pohai! I just wanted to be sure I wasn't exibiting symptoms of some rare and fatal disease... :)

Kara

P.S. Glad to hear your Phase 1 is going well! I'm on Day 7 already. It's flying by!

suzka
12-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Day 4!
:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

Kara, yep i've had plenty of protein between cottage cheese, eggs, beans and tofu. if anything i'm not going heavy enough on the dark leafies.

last night and today i just rested and had lots of hot lemon tea and vitamin c tablets, and now it's down to just a tiny sniffle.

i think my cravings are pretty much gone, except for those sparked by the darn Subway and Quiznos tv ads. i have to flip the channel real quick!

weighed myself this morning and i'm down a bit. i wasn't going to until sunday but i was really curious. it's probably just water weight, but psychologically i think it will help me move through the rest of P1. I know that can't be my only motivator.

we've been going on brisk walks every day with the dogs, and that seems to be a good level of exertion until we get used to this. we had surprise guests tonight and i spent a 1/2 hour running around doing the emergency-tidy-up and it wiped me out.

Kara, you can order Zsweet online. Not sure how that works in your situation but you might be able to order a sample or something.

tomandkara
12-07-2007, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the tip about on-line ordering. I might look into that! Sounds like you had quite a night - I can completely relate with the emergency tidy-up!

Kara

tomandkara
12-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Day 7 done...half way through Phase 1! I was really wanting to snack today and had to keep myself in check. There was an hour or so in the mid-morning that I almost ate more almonds than one should, but I stopped myself at one serving and did NOT get any more! Yay! I didn't have as many veggies as usual this morning and I'm wondering if that's why. Tomorrow I'll load up with an omelet full of vegetable goodness. Can't hurt, right?!

Gotta get the kids to bed. They're procrastinating!

:tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree:

Kara

browneyedgirl77
12-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Today is D4 for me. This is usually my headache and fatigue day so I am hoping that nothing like that happens today. The good news is that my cravings usually go away around day 5. I can't wait.

Day 3 went by without any major complaints but I think I had way too much sodium last night because today I fell bloated. Of course, it is my "time" so maybe that's why I feel so bloated.

tomandkara
12-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Blah! I'll try to chase away the bloaties for you, Pohai. Let me know how doing Phase 1 during your "special time" helps. I started the day after my period started and I swear this cycle was easier to deal with. I wonder if Phase 1-type eating in the week leading up to The Big Event would help with symptoms as well???

Kara

landie
12-08-2007, 05:01 AM
Hi all! This is my first time on SB and nearing the end of day 3 :dance:
So far so good but i know it's going to get harder because i'm a total carb lover, especially rice, potatoes and chips/nachos. And as healthy as sushi is if i keep on with my current (ex since 3 days haha) lifestyle i'll end up like a :sumo:
I'm just hoping i won't fall off the wagon and I've got a question for all you knowledgeable beachers: will i still lose the promised PI 8-13lbs even if i haven't got that much weight to lose?? TIA

Nice to meet you all!! :D

p.s. Chili is a total diet saver!! lol

tomandkara
12-08-2007, 06:17 AM
Hi Landie! I'm glad you posted. We love new friends!

If you've made it past Day 3, you're doing pretty well. Your cravings should be subsiding. Day 3 was my hardest day last time I did Phase 1 back in June.

Without a lot of water weight to lose (which is pretty much what the Phase 1 loss amounts to - maybe 2-4 pounds of fat loss but the rest is water weight), you might not get those high numbers that are advertised. I think I might have lost five pounds back in June, and I started at 133 I think.

Good luck, and keep posting!

Kara

tomandkara
12-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Adding another tree to the row...
:tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree:

Woo-hoo, I had to count to make sure I had them all!

Still frustrated about my scale being grumpy (and up three pounds from yesterday) this morning, but I didn't give up today. This is usually the time in a "diet" that I decide it's not worth it if the scale won't co-operate and eat whatever I want, but I didn't today. Had a bell pepper, mushroom, onion, and cheese omelet for breakfast, refried beans with a sprinkle of cheese and salsa for lunch, and a big salad of romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, and cottage cheese with a handful of soy nuts on top for dinner, and for dessert I treated myself to a "peanut butter cup" with a bean brownie crumbled up in it. Mmmmmm.

Now, off to bed.

Kara

browneyedgirl77
12-08-2007, 11:11 AM
D4 is dead and gone.:carrot: It actually wasn't so bad. The carb and sugar cravings are almost gone but I still plan on going the entire 14 days. I feel a little tired today which I know is completely normal. All in all everything is going well.

Kara Don't sweat the weight gain it's most likely water weight. Maybe you should keep an eye on your sodium intake.
Yikes! to the starting during my"time". I probably shouldn't have. The weight loss is slow and a little discouraging. I'm assuming that's from the usual water retention during this time. Plus, I think I would have killed someone for a brownie during D1 and D2. lol The first 2 days were really rough. I noticed that I didn't get too much cramping. Maybe that's a benefit from starting P1 during TOM. "sorry i was trying to avoid that term";)

Landie :welcome:to the beach! The weight loss amount is never a promise. Everyone loses differently. It depends on how much you have to lose to begin with. During my first P1 awhile ago I only lost 12lbs but my mom who had a lot more to lose lost 22lbs. Everyone is different. If you weigh 125 and are 5'5" chances are you may lose less than 5 lbs because you don't have much to lose. The biggest benefit of P1 is getting rid of the cravings. You will feel great when you look at a piece of cake and don't really want it. Good luck with P1!

LoveMySgt
12-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Today is day 9 for us and DH is starting to get antsy. We had some scrambled eggs with turkey sausage, green beans, gree onion, and cheese for breakfast and he just kept saying how he wished it had potatoes LOL This is his first time ever on any kind restricted eating plan so I was surprised how well he coped until now. He is planning to meet some friends for dinner today and wanted me to go along to keep him in check on eating. Well, I am not going, none of them have kids and I am not going to be dragging my 3 along. I told him I had complete faith in him to make the right choices but I am going to look up the menu and tell him a few good options before he leaves.

I need to finish planning my meals for next week and the week after. I have to get a grocery list together and meal planning is awesome for that, as well as keeping us on plan.

suzka
12-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Day 6
:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

not bad! the cold is gone, and i'm actually feeling pretty good.

we found something to help with our ridiculous fruit juice habit. there are a couple of brands (Hint, Twist) at Central Market that are REALLY just water and fruit essence. zero calories, sugars, sweeteners. i think if we had tried them while still drinking regular juice, we would have thought them bland, but after 5 days without fruit they tasted pretty good! and without the splenda aftertaste some of the other zero calorie 'fruit waters' have.

i also quite enjoyed my dessert of hot chocolate last night! some hot milk, a little baking cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon and a pinch of zsweet.

i tried some jeans on this morning that i've shoved to the back of the closet because the last time i tried to wear them i couldnt get the top button fastened. Theyre still a little snug, but no problem buttoning up and they were actually pretty comfortable.

I asked the BF if he had any 'skinny jeans' and he sheepishly pulled out a pair I realized i havent seen since we moved in together (6 years!). he became a vegetarian then and i guess has been slowly expanding along with me ever since.

Ruthxxx
12-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Here's a "Home Fries" Recipe (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128522) for the Sarge. I found it in another Forum. Enjoy! If the red colour throws him, you can do the same thing with cubes of daikon radish.

LoveMySgt
12-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks Ruth! As I said in PM, he really likes radishes so that might work out really well.

We went to walmart and found NSA Nesquick (sp?)! I am lactose intolerant and all 3 kids have milk allergies so we don't drink milk but I am going to try and have 8oz a day of choc milk.

Suzka - GREAT on the pants, a perfect NSV (non scale victory, in case they don't say that around this forum)!! I was also able to wear a pair of pants today that I haven't put on in over 1.5yrs (pre-baby). DH had to ask for a new bullet proof vest at work because the other one was too big! woot :)

tomandkara
12-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Let me know how the radish "fries" come out. I'm not a huge radish fan, but I'm curious!

Kara

LoveMySgt
12-09-2007, 02:25 PM
I will definitely let everyone know. I am not a radish fan either so if I like them, they are sure to be good :)

I just put some Chicken Divan in the oven for my lunch. I am running late on that so I am hungry and it smells so good. I halved the recipe but added 1/2 package of cauliflower and only used 1 chicken breast. mmmm!

Kara - I noticed there use to be a "what did you eat today" or "what are you eating this week" type of thread. Do you know why that's not done anymore or did it just die down? I got a lot of good ideas from it, anyone want to do another or do that here?

RocknRoll
12-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Today is day five and I am down 6.8 lbs. Its amazing how well this plan works! I think I might be losing too fast but we'll see how next weigh in goes!

tomandkara
12-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Kara - I noticed there use to be a "what did you eat today" or "what are you eating this week" type of thread. Do you know why that's not done anymore or did it just die down? I got a lot of good ideas from it, anyone want to do another or do that here?

I think it just kind of pittered out. It would be fun to start it up again, though, if you want to!

Kara

tomandkara
12-10-2007, 12:46 AM
OK, Phase 1ers. I'm really struggling. I don't know what my problem is. I thought I'd be sailing along now in Crave-free Land, looking forward to Phase 2 and watching the pounds melt away. Instead, I mysteriously "gained" three pounds three days ago that won't go away, am still fighting cravings, and am grumpy that it's not working out according to My Failsafe Plan.

I know I shouldn't be weighing myself every day. I probably should have just put the scale away at the beginning of December and not stepped back on until the end of Phase 1. But I was coming off my period and knew the "all-important" number would be going down because of that, thought it would be motivation (and it was, at first), and so I did it. Sue me. But now I'm stuck. Now I feel like I *have* to know when those three stupid pounds are going to come off and now I feel like I *have* to weigh every day or else I'm going to miss the weightloss because it will have bounced back up by the time I check. I'm frustrated at myself for letting my emotions overrun the rational part of my brain and I'm annoyed that every good thing I'm doing - eating perfectly on plan, all of the exercise, resisting the cravings - isn't doing "any good", according to the scale. I feel like all of this work should count for something. And I'm mad at myself for getting back here, when I had lost this stupid ten pounds back in the summer.

And what's with the cravings? I'm on Day 10 for crying out loud. I'm making nearly everything I eat from scratch and I KNOW there are no hidden sugars in there. I have been reading EVERY label for EVERYTHING. I even cut out the meat substitutes this time around because I realized they have wheat gluten in them. I'm getting protein and veggies at every meal and still I *want* something else. My eggs with peppers and mushrooms are really yummy but I can't shake that nagging craving for a piece of toast with them. What the heck? DAY 10!

And my plan. I realize I'm not going to lose twelve pounds in these two weeks. I've accepted that. But I thought at least five would come off from "period weight" and I should lose another four - two from the first week and two from the second. I'm eating well and getting my exercise. Two pounds a week seems reasonable. And yet I've lost two total now. In ten days.

This is when I would just call it quits and eat whatever I wanted because "it's not working anyway" but I really want to stick this out. What's my other option? NOT eating on plan and then GAINING more weight? I'm annoyed at my body and I've got no one to take it out on except myself.

So what's the deal? Somebody cheer me up!

Kara

suzka
12-10-2007, 04:43 AM
Day 7
:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

halfway!

just noticed the vanilla extract we've been using has GAH! corn syrup.

you have to be freak'n meticulous!

landie
12-10-2007, 04:52 AM
Thanks all for the warm welcome! :D

Kara I know what you mean!! It's nearing the end of day 5 for me and today was the toughest by far! So :hug: for your self control with the "forbidden" foods :). Today i also found myself craving carbs so badly!! And our house is chock packed with breads, bread sticks, nacho chips, chocolate, candy and i miss them as much as i would a limb!! :cry:
Yesterday i got through with yogurt mixed with jello (boy was it amazing!! So close to jelly (jello) mixed with ice cream which is one of my favourite desserts ever!!), however today it didn't do anything to curb my cravings, it was so bad i had THREE SERVINGS!! Also constantly ate pistachio nuts throughout the day, must have had at least 70 :mad:. I did finally make the mock pancakes i've been wanting to try for the last three days and while they were yummy, they were also really flat and tasted really eggy, and then i made a fritatta which was also eggy, so i've been on an egg overload today lol.

Ok, i also need to confess that i sort of broke down today. There was some delicious looking wedding cake just staring at me for the last two days and i couldnt resist and took a little bite, but (and i am so proud to say this) the moment i popped it into my mouth i spat it out because even though i went nuts on nuts and yoghurt jelly today, i was NOT going to start eating junk when i only have 9 more days to go! (a BIG reason i chose SB is cause i'm a sugar addict and hoped this would teach me to stop craving sweets)

ANYWAYS, sorry for the long comment and i hope you all are still staying strong! And here's heaps of :dust: for all of us!

tomandkara
12-10-2007, 07:29 AM
Aw, Landie, we are going to have to cyber-cheer each other on! Go AWAY cravings, GO AWAY!

Kara

tomandkara
12-10-2007, 09:08 AM
OK, I partially recind my grumblings from earlier. I wore a pair of jeans today that had been quite tight at the end of November. They *did* fit better today, so something is working. I really do have to work on my patience...

Double digits today! Only four days left in Phase 1.

:tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree:

Kara

browneyedgirl77
12-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Kara - sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time. I know that sometimes people will not lose any weight or even gain some for awhile and then boom all of a sudden 8-10lbs gone in a week. It can be very discouraging but if you are eating right and working out nothing but good can come from it.
Landie- it is tough especially around D5 or D6 to resist cravings. Have you tried the PB cups? They really are a life saver.

Here is some:dust: for both of you.

Today is D6 for me and yesterday was really bad. Getting over a cold and starting P1 probably wasn't the smartest thing. I was really sick bad headaches and severe fatigue aka.the sbd flu. The sbd flu combined with the cold I'm trying to get over is not the greatest thing in the world. None the less I didn't break and stayed OP. I did skip a couple of meals though which is really bad in P1 but I just wasn't feeling well enough to make them. I can't wait till DH gets back. It totally sucks when you are sick and have no one to take care of you.:( You add 3 kids to the mix and that only makes it worse. Anyways enough medicated ramblings (Dr put me on antibiotics) for me good luck to everyone on P1.
Pohai
I'm such a doofus today is D7 for me. It's a good thing I marked the calendar when I started.

LoveMySgt
12-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Pohai - I am only about 2hrs from you :) Thanks goodness I have never had the SBD flu, wonder how I have avoided it. Will it be a while before you DH gets back? Hope you feel better soon!!

Kara - yah on the pants! I am down to losing a pound every 2+ days, the scale keeps going up and down so I am not weighing everyday anymore. It was fun while it last to see the daily change though!

DH ate a twiz before breakfast, I could have choked him. Of course, he was down another 2lbs anyway, grrr.

rocknroll - I don't think there is such a things as losing too fast as long as you are eating enough and getting your nutrition. DH and I have lost a good amount and it's all been in the past 9 days but we are both feeling great.

tomandkara
12-10-2007, 08:16 PM
If I remember correctly, Pohai's husband is coming home before Christmas. I would have wrung Tom's neck if he had eaten candy before breakfast, too!!!

Thanks, Pohai, for the encouragement. You're so right! If I'm eating well, it really doesn't matter what the scale says, does it?

Off to start Day 11.

Kara

browneyedgirl77
12-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Lovemysgt-I never got the sbd flu before. Who knows maybe it's just my cold acting up. This cold was a doosey. How long have you been in GA? We've been here for a little over a year. DH already got his orders and we are heading to Germany in March/April. My DH changed his MOS and is in school until February. Luckily he's coming home during exodus. He'll be here in about 2 weeks. Believe me I can't wait.
Rocknroll - Most people lose a lot during P1. It's normal. Your weight loss will probably slow down. Initially you lose water weight. Some people even gain a pound or two when they move to P2. That too is suppose to be normal.

browneyedgirl77
12-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Hahaha! Kara we must of started posting at the same time. The girls kept distracting me so I took like ten minutes.

LoveMySgt
12-10-2007, 09:45 PM
We have only been here a few months, DH is stationed in Fl (mayport) and we are renting a friends house until our next PCS. He is actually Navy but he's transferring to the Army in May. I plan on keeping my acct here for a while and this was the user name he suggested ;) We don't even know what MOS he will get yet, he has to put in a grade waiver to try and keep E5 during transfer. It's just about impossible to make rank in the Navy but that's only part of the reason he is getting out. Anyway, we won't find out his first PDS until AIT, if he goes to one. He needs to be at 21% body fat in order to get sent to MEPS, his reason for South Beach. He is stopping by the recruiter tomorrow, crossing my fingers he is down enough to get the ok! Oooops :) we have been waiting for this for a year and my family are tired of listening to me haha

Spent to much time running my "mouth" so now have to get lunches ready for tomorrow.

suzka
12-11-2007, 02:09 AM
Day 8!
:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

Today flew by and i didnt have a single craving or feel hungry. I was stuck at the computer trying to get a piece done for deadline and i set my iCal alarm to remind me to eat and snack, or else i would have plowed through till dinner and gorged myself till stuffed (i used to do that quite often!). It was pretty crappy here weather-wise. no walk. the dogs are showing their disappointment by chewing on stuff they should not. where did they get clothespins??

ive tried the egg/ricotta pancakes and i'm a big fan! they taste just like crepes to me. we are getting 'fed up' with the egginess though. i think we'll have to be very careful when its time for P2 and not pig out on wheat toast, fruit juice and other OK-but-not-so-much-at-once foods.

landie
12-11-2007, 05:41 AM
yay nearly half way through!! totally stuffed myself with pistachios after dinner (amazing chicken cordon bleu with asparagus and mash :love:) yet again, i think it's because TOM's paying me a visit next week and around this time i crave fat so bad!! so in the past i just gorged myself on chocolate bars, peanut m&ms, chips and pbj sandwiches (shocking i know).
Am definately not going to let this happen tmorrow, so will be staying out of the kitchen. i've got to try and stay strong!

Suzka i've also become a big fan of the pancakes!! haha i know i said they were way too eggy but they have become the reason i get up in the morning, plus i can't eat them all at once (cause of their eggyness) so i eat half and save the rest for a snack later on :D

browneyedgirl77 i really REALLY want to try the pb cups but if i buy pb i'll just eat the whole jar in one sitting ><

I love this forum, it really helps reading how you guys are getting through each day, lol really inspirational.

boy i miss my oatmeal.

LoveMySgt
12-11-2007, 07:05 AM
landie - can't imagine eating a whole jar of natural PB, I can't even get myself to lick the spoon.

Suzka - my DH is sick of eggs and chicken lol He is so ready for bread right now but we don't even have any in the house so it's not an option.

Sorry for my post about DH, didn't realize it was so long :dizzy:

tomandkara
12-11-2007, 09:19 AM
Hey gals! Day 11 done for me. I felt pretty good today. I tried the mock danish recipe in the Phase 1 Breakfasts section and it was really odd. I can't figure out how to make my microwave do other-than-100% power so that could have been the reason it didn't turn out too well, but I won't be making that again. Tomorrow I'm going to try the eggplant "french toast" and I'll let you know how it goes. Or, maybe I'll try the recipe for radish "homefries" that Ruth posted. I got some radishes today on a whim and if I don't use them soon, I might lose my curiosity about the whole thing!

I could totally eat a whole jar of natural peanut butter. OK, maybe not a whole jar, but I could probably eat a quarter of it. I love the stuff! We've been eating natural peanut butter since I was in fifth grade. Mmmmmm!

I *think* I'm losing inches. I am scared to measure, but when I get a glimpse of myself in the mirror (don't like to stand and stare - makes me feel self-conscious!), I think I see more muscle definition that I did before. Maybe it's just me being hopeful, or searching for *something* since my scale is still stubbornly stuck at 137 (I think it might actually have been at 136 today but I'm not sure).

Three days to go! Wahoo!!!

:tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree:

Kara

tomandkara
12-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Oh my word! I made the radish homefries recipe this morning and it is SO good! I didn't use bacon (I'm a vegetarian) but it was just yummy. AND I DON'T LIKE RADISHES! This is a winner - a great side dish for eggs and it feels indulgent.

You HAVE to try it!

Kara

tomandkara
12-12-2007, 09:27 AM
End of Day 12...not much to report from today. I realized the cravings I was complaining about the other day were for whole wheat bread and my "fake meat" stuff, which really isn't awful as far as cravings go. So I really want a piece of whole wheat bread. It's not like I'm jonesing for a cookie or some french fries or something! I'm looking forward to reintroducing the fruits and breads in Phase 2 and am anxiously awaiting Saturday's arrival!

I'm having a bit of a crisis, though, because we've planned to decorate on Friday for Christmas, which involves baking a bunch of cookies. It will be my last day on Phase 1. Talk about temptation! I don't yet know how I'm going to deal with it, but I *do* need a plan!

Hope you are all having a good day!

:tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree:

Kara

browneyedgirl77
12-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey everyone!
Today is day 9 and so far no cheating. I had a few cravings yesterday but I think it was because I was starving. It normally doesn't happen but when you are doing your Christmas shopping sometimes you forget to eat. Only 5 more days until the end of P1. I can't wait. I do miss fruits.
Kara- I know exactly what you mean about the baking in P1. I need to make
brownies and 4 different types of cookies to mail out this week so I can get them all the way home in time. I can resist the brownies but not sure if I can resist one of the types of cookies that I make. I love cookie dough! I think I like the dough more than when it is baked.

LoveMysgt-My DH had his rank dropped when he switched from reserves to active duty. He didn't have enough time in grade. So they stripped him from an E3-E2. Of course, it didn't make much sense because as soon as he finished his school for his new MOS he was an E3 again so he was probably stripped for 5-6 months. I hope that your DH doesn't go through the same thing. In regards to faster rank in the Army it all depends on your MOS. Moving form E1-E4 is basically automatic but once you hit E5 and above it all depends on your points. For some MOS it's insanely high. My DH became an E6 in less than 5 years but he got a wavier for doing something really good that they gave him an award for. I don't know what he did exactly because he's MI. Anyways he was an E4 for less than a year. My DH works with all branches especially Navy. He says that the slow rising of ranks is a substitute for the better way of life that the Navy has. You know nicer housing, commissaries, NEX but also when you are an E4 you are already a SGT, in the Army you don't become one until E5. My cousin who is a mechanic in the Army is only a E5 and he's been in the Army for nearly 10 years. I've also known people who have been in for over 15 and got out as an E5. I hope the switch over goes well for you guys. Don't worry about talking too much about your DH most of us Chickies have done so one time or another.;) Besides that's what we're here for.lol
Landie I could never eat an entire jar of pb I think I would get sick. Although I love PB too! I can't handle the richness. I usually add less PB then the recipe asks for. If I eat the exact recipe I get sick. The funny thing is that it has no added sugar but yet tastes so sinful.
Suzka We all get sick of eggs. I too like the mock pancakes but I make mine with LF cottage cheese. I hate ricotta. I find it to be too salty for some reason.

Good luck with staying OP everyone! P1 will be over before we know it. I hope!:)

LoveMySgt
12-12-2007, 06:34 PM
I only have about 5min before I need to get dinner started but thought I would stop by and say hi.

I went grocery shopping today, found Davinci at our tiny commissary! I was really surprised because they had 2 and they were both the sugar free. Also, The past 12 day have been great, and needed, but we've decided to cut Ph2 short by a day. DH is getting pretty frustrated so we are going to add bread back in tomorrow. Actually, I am just going straight into phase 2 instead of adding 1 things in at a time because I know it works ok for me. I am going to avoid fresh fruit because I know that causes me problems. Hopefully, adding bread and stuff will be ok for DH, if not we will have to make a new plan for him.

tomandkara
12-12-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm going to go straight back to what I know worked for me on Phase 2 last time. Fruit is fine for me, but some wheat products just send me over the edge. I'm going to add back as many fruits as my little heart desires but keep my wheat to one serving a day for at least a week.

I've been eating really big breakfasts and then smaller lunches and dinners. Are any of you doing that? I just seem to be super hungry in the morning and then not so much the rest of the day.

Kara

suzka
12-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Day 10!
:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

Everyone is talking about P2 and the BF and I are talking about actually extending it until next friday, an extra 4 days! We have 'Thanxmas' (holiday with friends because we all seem to be stuck with family and miss everybody on those 2 actual holidays) on that following saturday and i think our treat will be beer and wine! then start with the fruit and wheat bread the next day. i think maybe if we hold out a little longer it will be easier to resist temptation. we're bringing food safe for us, but yummy for others as well, so that will help.

the past few days have been pretty easy. the only time i got a craving was walking by Subway and smelling that dang bread.

suzka
12-12-2007, 09:12 PM
LoveMysgt: what problems did you have with fruit? i'd rather go back to that than bread, so i'm hoping it will be ok.

tomandkara
12-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Suzka, the first couple weeks of Phase 2 look almost identical to Phase 1 anyway. Add back something that would make a good addition to one of your dishes but that wouldn't tempt you at the party - maybe some kind of fruit so you could have a fruitish dessert or cranberry sauce or something?

Kara

LoveMySgt
12-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Suzka - I just know that fresh fruit makes me have cravings. I have insulin resistance and I can't have fruit juice and have to strictly limit fresh fruit because of blood sugar spikes (even low GI fruit). It's just something I learned last time I did SBD and having to use a glucose montior for a few weeks.

DH told me tonight before work that he is feeling guilty about adding bread back in. He's afraid that it will end up with him losing all the weight he has lost. I told him it's normal to be apprehensive about P2 and my suggestion was that he step up his exercise to compensate for bread. I know he will do fine but I was trying to ease his mind about it. So much is riding on his weight right now and he is feeling the pressure.

I was able to plan out a whole menu for next week and am only missing 2 things I couldn't find at the store. I just moved them to the end of the week to give me time to go to Walmart.

tomandkara
12-13-2007, 03:41 AM
Tell him it's a matter of calories in vs. calories out. If he's adding in calories from bread, he's just going to have to take them away somewhere else (less cheese or use egg whites instead of the whole egg, etc.). Or, like you said, up his exercise. I'm sure he'll be fine! He's got enough motivation to stay on plan for the whole board!

Kara

tomandkara
12-13-2007, 09:09 AM
ONE MORE DAY!

And oh my word, is it going to be a DAY! We're doing the cookie baking tomorrow. I don't know how I'm going to make it through.......

Today was good. I bought all of the ingredients for the cookies (except salt - how do you forget that?! - and molasses, which the store was out of, so we're doing gingerbread another day I guess - not much molasses in the Korean grocery!).

I need a mantra. "Purity of mind, purity of body." How's that sound? Hokey? How about "Just say NO!"

I'll update tomorrow.

:tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree:

Kara

browneyedgirl77
12-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Today is D10 for me. My girls really wanted nachos so I had to make them some. I miss tostitos and salsa. I can't wait until P1 is over so I can make some ww tortilla chips. The cravings have basically gone bye bye except when it's late at night and I'm bored. I think boredom and emotions are my true weight loss enemy not the carbs.
Kara- I've been putting off the baking too! I don't want to be tempted but today is the day I need to make them so I can mail them tomorrow. They should reach Hawai'i by Monday. I always forget one ingredient too! This time it was cream of tartar for snickerdoodles my sister's DH's favorite. Baking list for today =warning= food porn.lol brownies, macadamia/ white chocolate chip, chocolate chip, and oatmeal raisin. I was planning on making some gingerbread when DH gets back. I thought he and the girls might enjoy making a gingerbread house. I've never made gingerbread before so I hope all goes well.
Any who here's some :dust: for everyone. It's so easy to give into temptation once you start seeing the finish line. Stay Strong!!:D

sluggo44
12-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Hi Browneyedgirl

I so could have written your message. I'm so scared to make my famous christmas cookies (they are to die for) due to late at night they start screaming my name and before you know it I'm in the kitchen with my English bulldog eating cookies. I'm so good during the day, its the late night that gets to me but today is day 4 and so far no late night cheating. I think the SB flu hit this morning because it took everything in me just to do 20 minutes of exercise. I felt like I couldn't catch my breath and just that achy flu feeling and I know I'm not coming down with anything. Hopefully this will pass real quickly. Hope everyone has a clean and happy day.:D

tomandkara
12-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Sluggo, keep your cookies in the freezer. They're out of sight, so you don't think about them as much, and you can take out two or three and then that's it. Having to work to get more makes you think about what you're doing. Post the nutritional info on the freezer door or something to give you an extra pause!

:dust:

Kara

suzka
12-14-2007, 12:22 AM
Day 11
:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

So far so good!

Nothing much to report. Feeling good, no cravings, good energy level. Can't complain!

tomandkara
12-14-2007, 10:36 AM
:cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:

Hear ye, hear ye!
Phase 1 Completed with Flying Colors!
Woman's Only Slip-up at Communion on Day 2!

:cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:

::carrot: :cb: :broc: On to Phase 2! :broc: :cb: :carrot:

Kara

LoveMySgt
12-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Yesterday from the afternoon on just plain sucked! On top of everything else that's not SBD related, I have maintained (but not lost) weight for the past 4-5days. Usually, just not gaining would make me happy but now I am wondering what I am doing that the weight won't drop. I am feeling kinda down not having about time to post except to complain about my day. Grrr!

LoveMySgt
12-14-2007, 02:09 PM
and on a VERY happy note

:carrot:Way to go Kara!!!:carrot:

browneyedgirl77
12-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Congrats Kara!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

browneyedgirl77
12-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Today is D11 For me only 3 more to go.:) I hate holiday baking.:( No I usually love to bake but now it seems more like a chore than a pleasure. I guess because I don't have the option of sampling my creations. I've been so busy that I seem to be accidentally missing my snacks. I end up missing the first snack of the day. So I've been having dessert trying to make up for it. You know the usual sf fudgescicle or PB cups. The funny thing is that I'm not missing any breads or cereals. I guess the diet is working the way it is suppose to. Anyways good luck to all!

Love-Here's a :hug: everyone goes through times of wondering why the scale isn't moving. There are so many reasons this could be happening. Don't stress about it too much. It will begin to move again.

browneyedgirl77
12-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Sluggo- it's most likely the sbd flu. It's your body trying to get rid of all the bad stuff. It's also dealing with cravings. Don't worry about it it will be over soon.

suzka
12-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Day 12
:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

Wow. day 12! i can't believe we're actually gonna make it without slipping. It has been MUCH easier than i expected. I think it has to do with all the research i did pre-SBD day 1. This forum has been awesome! Has anyone actually paid to access the official South Beach Diet website and its resources? I can't really imagine them being much better than 3FC!

Way to go Kara! :congrat:

we're 2 days away. we've decided to go ahead with P2, although nice and slow and safe.

junebug117
12-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Hi everyone!! I started SB 11/12 (about a month ago) In week 1 i lost 6 pounds week 2 nothing But my cloths seemed better. then I didnt lose even 1 pound for weeks!
it was hard my family was bringing home ice cream EVERYDAY! and it called to me ...........Eat me.......... i was going out of my mind and fell flat on my nose. the next day i picked my self up came on here, got some silent help and kept going as nothing happened.
and with that said 30 days on the nose from the 12th i lost a pound and now another i am now almost to 9 pounds gone!!
I am sure hoping that the scale will keep showing me what i am working for.

i guess what i am trying to say is if you fall get up its ok. if the scale is lying, give it time it will come clean. its not all for nothing!

on a more personal note.... i dont get it???? i have smoked for years... i quit and many times i looked at the smokes and thought about it.... and said no!! but that darn icecream whispers to me and i fold? I didnt even get a bowl!!! now come on whats up with that? lol

browneyedgirl77
12-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Hi junebug and congrats on the weightloss!

Today is D12 for me only 2 more days to go. I'm doing well. I think this is the best I've ever done on P1. I guess it has a lot to do with DH being gone. Every other time I've done it, I've cheated at least once.

Good Luck everyone!

suzka
12-16-2007, 12:59 AM
Day 13
:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

well, i guess i spoke too soon. slipped last night with about a 1/2 glass of wine. not the worst way to cheat, but boy do i feel guilty today!

one more day. i can almost taste that oatmeal for breakfast monday...

suzka
12-17-2007, 02:33 AM
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

DAY 14!
. . . . . . ........................................ . . . . . .
Phase 2, here we come!
. . . . . . ........................................ . . . . . .
:woohoo:

tomandkara
12-17-2007, 09:24 AM
Have a yummy oatmeal breakfast!

Kara

browneyedgirl77
12-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Congrats Suzka!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

browneyedgirl77
12-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Today is D14 for me. Last day!!! Last night I didn't get to eat any dinner. A killer migraine hit and I was out for most of the day. The headache is still lingering and so is the queasiness. I hope today goes well. A part of me is ravenous and another part can't stand the smell of food.

Any who! Hope everyone stays OP!

tomandkara
12-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Hope you feel better soon, Pohai! At least enough to enjoy tomorrow!!!

Kara

LoveMySgt
12-20-2007, 05:09 PM
soooo, haven't posted in a few days. My sewing/embroidery machine broke and had to send it in. My 8yo is out of school until Jan 9th, and I have just been so busy!

The good news, DH has dropped his needed amount of inches and is keeping the weight off. The bad news, I have gained 2-5lbs (depending on the day haha) from the weight I dropped on PH1. I only cheated once with a brownie at church and that didn't affect the weight, it had already changed. I just don't know if it's the PCOS or what. I think I may call to get a referel to the endocrinologist and see about trying Byetta. Of course, I will need to wean first and that isn't going to very fast. Hmmmm.....