Old 11-28-2007, 02:24 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Been "floundering"

Well, some of you may remember me--I haven't been on here in a month or so. I just can't seem to stay on plan, and when I do I just gain and lose the same 3 -5 lbs. I have been on since July, and overall have gained about 5 or 6 lbs. I haven't been in my center in a week or so--they are calling like crazy! My center was franchise, but has just been taken over by corporate so will remain LAWL--their commercials are actually saying "the new LAWL" not sure what that means. Some of you might remember I was going to have thyroid checked--did--normal----I don't know what to do. I really want to quit and try something else, but they talked me into all the products, which were charged to my carecredit, so what to do?? I won't be able to get my $$ back, and still have lots of products coming---close to 30 lites, over 3/4 of a case of jetstart(not sure how many??) some meal replacements, biscotti/breakfast bars, takeoff, controltrim, and now the meals(which are awful, I think!--they talked me into trying them last time I was in--got 5 have 5 left to pick up, I think).
Any help, advice, ENCOURAGEMENT greatly appreciated!!!!!!!
donnakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:53 PM   #2  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Hey Donna - Hang in there. I've been floundering since May myself and am trying to get back on the wagon. If you are staying on plan try to throw in a walk here and there. I've started walking again and the scale is slowly moving in the right direction.

If you don't want to buy the products stop letting them talk you into them!! They used to give me the hard sell everytime I'd go in too. I'd say no once then I'd just turn glassy eyed and stare at them like they were stupid. Eventually they stopped. They don't ask me to buy anything now. I'm sure this program works. There are way too many people out there who have hit their goals. We can do it too!
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:18 PM   #3  
Reformed Quitter

S/C/G: 302/267/155

Height: 5' 8"

They must have a money-back guarantee if you don't care for the food, right? Sorry, but my middle name is no-sale-is-ever-final, so if you're not satisfied with what you were sold, I strongly encourage you to escalate a polite request for a refund until you get exactly what you want from the right person. I would also call their corporate office and ask that any future shipments/charges for products be cancelled immediately.

I went down your road before when I was much younger... Was talked into memberships and food/powders I couldn't stomach. Fortunately, I managed to make them see it my way and got my money back; but now I won't even consider such things.

I know (LAWL) representatives are, "rewarded" for the number of programs/foods they sell and personally, I believe that's a terrible way to sell weight loss to a client. Paying commissions on what they sell makes your being there mostly a win for them, not for you. Don't get me wrong, I am not anti-capitalism, and I don't think these things should be free - I am just anti-hard sell and policies that don't allow for consumers to change their mind or return something not working for them... They (and their advertising) pretend it's about us, but it's about how much they can sell us to further their own gain... Check out all the LAWL food being sold on e-Bay at huge discounts. There must be a reason...

Weight loss as a business is a bad business plan - Again, just my opinion.

These places sell hope and motivation we can only find within, and when we cannot stick to their program or swallow their food, then WE are the problem (again, still)...

The only system I might consider trying is nutri-system because there is a woman in my office that has lost a great deal of weight and everything she heats in the microwave smells marvy... Still, I wouldn't tie myself to anything long term or any reoccurring ordering system. I'm a huge fan of pay-as-you-go!

LAWL doesn't want or need you as an unhappy client... If it works for some, great, if it doesn't work for you, you deserve your money back. Tell them you are not satisfied and that you're sure they don't want you to continue in a program you can't possibly be successful at... Appeal to them on that level to get the refund/stoppage of shipments you need.

You can call your credit card company and dispute the charges if they won't refund the cost under a money-back guarantee (which means they're in breech of contract) or ask that any future auto-charges be declined. You might also consider refusing shipments that arrive to your door.

Bottom line, you won't be successful at any program unless you're comfortable in it. Eating all this stuff just because it's been charged to your credit card will only back fire on what I am sure is a sincere effort to lose weight.

Let this also be a lesson in how to establish and protect a boundary. Don't buy anything unless YOU really want/need it. Practice saying NO and if you can't give a NO, give a soft NO, by saying you'll need to think about it and get back to them. Walk away if you want to walk away, no matter how much more they promise or how much they cut their initial offering price. It's okay to say NO and stick to it!

I just Googled, "LAWL money back guarantee" for you and am shocked at how many hits there are that detail stories about consumers unhappy with their program, sales tactics and food. There is even something out there about LAWL being fined for lying about success rates and the amount of weight one might lose on their program. Hum...

You asked for encouragement and this is mine... I'm big on getting what I want to make me happy! But I would also say that perhaps you need to talk to a different LAWL counselor or go to another center if you're not getting the support and encouragement you need at yours. It seems that recent lawsuits have made LAWL sensitive to hard-selling of clients so bringing up that you feel this way may net you some results.

Also, check out the LAWL threads here - there are probably many people that have been successful at the LAWL program. Perhaps hearing about their success will inspire you. They may also be able to offer ways of improving the program for you.

Just my 2-cents... worth only what you paid for it.

Last edited by CABunnyGirl; 11-28-2007 at 03:51 PM.
CABunnyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #4  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Donna what do you think is the main reason you can stay on plan? If it is munching on junk food, throw it alll out of the house... If it is eating out, pre-plan and pack your meals. I know it is hard to stay on plan. I myslef am recovering from a week and a half thanksgiving binge.

Your center sounds as if they are willing to provide support if they are calling that much. I do agree with CA Bunny on one thing, say no! I am a firm believer in this program, but you have to stick to it. I have lost over 20 lbs now, and if I had stayed on plan (on more than one occassion) I would have already lost over 30 lbs. It is really all up to you! I have faith that you can recommit and stick to it! Join our New Years challenge! We will give you support and we can even exchange email addresses if you want so you can email me whenever you need a chat! Hope you can get back on track, I really think LAWL can work for you. This is one of the cheapest (If you dont fall into all the selling) plans considering you dont HAVE to buy prepackaged meals like Nutri-system. I have only spent about $275 to date on this plan! And I too started in July! You can do it, Give it another whole-hearted chance! Sit down and make a list of dates and goal weights and stick it on the fridge. It helps to motivate me whenever I go inot the kitchen and see ethat!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:03 PM   #5  

Thank you all for your responses!! I was bummed yesterday--kept checking my email to see if anyone had replied---guess I forgot to subscribe to email notification of replies---glad I got on here and checked. This site is so slow to load on my computer(anyone know why?? I have satellite internet through wildblue, not sure how fast, but know alot faster than dialup). So it takes at least 30 mins for me to get on here--one reason I stopped getting on very much---"sitting" on here doesn't help weight loss, if you know what I mean!
About the refunds--it plainly states on each receipt from my center that there are no refunds on products. I am, though, going to see if I can get some of the money paid to add weeks, or something. I am going to make an appt with the manager--she has worked her way up to manager, was one of the counselors who helped me the most before(I lost 26 lbs on lawl in 2005). Anyway, she says she will sit down with me and plan a week, and if I don't see the results I should, she is going to call a dietician. If anyone has any advice on what I should ask of her, plmk.
I do think exercise is the key, but just can't seem to get motivated--I could be on the treadmill now instead of doing this!
Check back with ya'll a little later!!
donnakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:52 PM   #6  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

When I say walk I don't mean much. I just go outside a couple times a day and walk around my building. I can walk around this building only or make the entire loop which comes out to about a mile. I can't seem to motivate myself to get up and go to the gym to hit the treadmill either. Go walk around your block real quick. It didn't seem to be much needed to get my body to wake up a little. At any rate keep your chin up and if you want a weight loss partner give me a yell. I'm having trouble too so maybe we can motivate each other to do this right.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Donna, Maybe they will let you switch from products that you don't like to products that you do. I doubt they will give you money back though. Since you've invested so much, you should try to see if you can get the plan to work for you. perhaps you were not really ready to commit when you started, and can find it in yourself to commit to the changes needed to lose weight now? It is hard to change your habits, it really is, so let go of what has happened in the past, doesn't mean you can't still buckle down and be succesful, as I'm sure you can.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:27 AM   #8  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hey Donna! If you have a Kmart near you, go to the electronics section and look for a dvd set called walk off the pounds by Leslie Sansone. It has a dvd with three different workouts on it. 1, 2, and 3 miles. The 2 mile walk is only 30 minutes and you do it right in your own home. The set comes with 2 lb ball water weights. I have been doing it all week and with the combo of being OP I have lost 3.6 this week!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote