Old 11-28-2007, 02:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/300/180

Height: 5'3

Default hiya

I posted a thread introducing myself on the introductions board, but wanted to say hey to everyone here, as this is probably where i will do most of my reading and posting
I am going to do the calorie counting thing, along with drinking loads of water and trying to exercise some.. it's so hard at this weight to just walk around the house much less exercise, but im gonna take baby steps.
I want to lose weight for a multitude of reasons.. My main one, is my health.. im not old by any means, but 43 isnt exactly a spring chicken any longer as much as i wish it were so lol... I also want to lose weight because i cant stand to look in the mirror any longer.. not only cause of how fat i am, but how old being so fat makes me look.. i have gone thru a lot of the before and after pics in this site, and the one thing i noticed with almost everyone, is they look loads younger...I am also going to lose weight for my husband.. two reasons there.. one, to be around longer to build loads more memories with him.. he is my life and my heart... secondly, he is hot hot hot, and i wanna be sexy for him...
I dont know why i let my weight get this bad before doing something about it.. i sure wish i had done something when i was 180 or so instead of now lol.. this is gonna take soooo long.. logically i know i didnt put the weight on fast, so it isnt gonna come off fast, but what i wouldnt give if i could just wake up tomoz thin lol... im sure a lot of us feel that way.. But, they say 'that worth having is worth working for', or something to that effect, and i agree.. i will appreciate being thinner a lot more if i have to work hard at it..
You've probably noticed already i can get a lil long winded at times, so i'll go ahead and close for now.. i'm looking forward to getting to know loads of you and am here to offer whatever encouragement/advice i can.. even if im just an ear...
remydey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hello and welcome to 3FC and the 100lb club. I know you will really, really like it here.

We have sooo much in common. We were practically the same starting weight and given that I am 3 inches shorter then you, I'd say we're neck and neck. I felt many of the same things you are feeling. I was 2 months shy of 43 when I started my journey. I turned 44 2 weeks ago and I can honestly say that I have never, ever felt better and more alive and energized in my entire life. I am greatly looking forward to the rest of my 40's and beyond now that my weight is under control.

I too am a calorie counter. It's the only thing that allows me to set limits (something I sorely needed, still do). Caloire counting combined with healthy foods. Lots of protein and fiber. Exercise wise, I started verrry slowly and increased, quicker then I thought I would be able to. Activity was essential for my weight loss. I used to be so terribly sedentary and now I am always on the go and full of energy. Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone is a great set of DVD's to get you up and moving.

I just want to tell you that you absolutely CAN do this. I know it sounds cliche' but if I can do it, trust me ANYone can. Take it one step at a time, maybe 10 lbs at a time and before you know it, you will be well on your way to changing your life. It IS so very worth it. In fact it's way more worth it then I ever thought possible. GO FOR IT!!!!! I hope to hear loads more from you and all about progress and you SUCCESS.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 11-28-2007 at 02:40 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Welcome It can be very overwhelming to think about the total amount you want to lose, so it's good to set a smaller goal and focus on that instead...something that just seems less intimidating. I am going for my first goal right now, to lose 10% of my starting weight. You can go ten lbs. or even 5 lbs. and just focus on that for starters.

Counting calories is a great way to start, and will teach you a lot about portion control and how much your body really needs. Pay some attention as you go to how certain foods make you feel...I learned that refined carbs (white bread, pasta, etc.) makes me very tired and low energy and I want to sleep all day, but veggies and protein with whole grains give me tons and tons of energy. Anyway, that is something you can watch for while counting calories, eat and think about how it makes you feel.

YOU CAN DO THIS...I hope to hear from you 10, 20, 50 lbs. down the road
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:53 PM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi!!! I am glad you found us. I think it is never to late to start loosing weight, I used to put up all these excuses, but once I accepted the blame, I got serious about loosing weight. Good luck with this and I look forward to reading your posts.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:27 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hiya! Welcome!
I'm also 43 (very close to 44) and I understand everything you just said. My advice is to try to not look at the overall goal. Take the baby steps and some smaller victories. I've found that the best part is to be able to walk a little extra or a little faster, or maybe find that you can buy a size lower in clothes. Those are the good things! You'll do great.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:37 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Hey &
I also used to think "If only I'd stopped myself at (insert lower weight here)." But, I stopped myself where I did, and I think that I could've been saying "Why didn't I stop myself..." at 50 pounds heavier etc etc. The point is that you're here now and ready to commit.

It may be difficult to begin with, but we're here to support you (though we can't do the work for you ), and yes "baby steps" will get you there!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:41 PM   #7  

Welcome to the boards, look forward to seeing you around!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #8  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

Welcome remydey! I have the same regrets. 15 years ago I was 180. And then I just went UP from there. Now I look back at 180 as a fond memory. But the thing is, I wasn't ready to change my lifestyle at that point. And I figure, even if it takes me 2 years to lose it all, I'll still have like 40 years at a lovely weight (I'm in my 40s also). Let's do it together, remydey! Baby steps is what it's all about.
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote