Support Groups - That 70s Show - Losing 70ish lbs - Christmas Edition!

2Fat4myJeans
11-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Hello, hello! As of today, it is t-minus 29 days until Christmas! :rudolph: :tree:

Questions of the Week.....

1. What is your Christmas goal?

2. What is your mini-goal for this week?

3. What's your typical dinner plan like for this week? Include recipes if you want!

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays? :wreath:

2Fat4myJeans
11-26-2007, 11:43 AM
1. What is your Christmas goal? Down to 190!

2. What is your mini-goal for this week? Get back on track with eating, exercise at least 4 days this week

3. What's your typical dinner plan like for this week? Include recipes if you want!

Here's basically what we have for dinner:

Monday: soft tacos with whole wheat tortillas and lean ground beef
Tuesday: pot roast with salad
Wednesday: Dijon chicken and wild rice
Thursday: grilled shrimp and whole grain pasta
Friday: Company Christmas party this week.... I think I'm getting the steak
Saturday: grilled lemon pepper chicken over a big salad

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays? Don't be afraid to have a treat now and then...everything is ok as long as it's in moderation. I find that if I try to deprive myself of a certain food/food group, I only end up craving it more.

SunshineRunner
11-26-2007, 11:55 AM
1. What is your Christmas goal? 195lbs...and I just hit onederland this morning...so only 4lbs to go...I think I'm going to beat it!

2. What is your mini-goal for this week? I dont' do weekly mini-goals. I'm not sure why...but I guess my weeklies are just to lose a few pounds and always stay on track with my lifestyle.

3. What's your typical dinner plan like for this week? Include recipes if you want! I don't plan dinner. My big meal is lunch. It keeps me from munching all day on yuck foods! Especially since I'm really good at munching late at night. I typically have a 500-600 calorie lunch - turkey sandwhich with Fat Free Potato Chips, fruit or salad, bowl of chili, kashi frozen pizza, etc...any of those items are usually my lunch....sorry no recipes for me....just not cooking as I used to...although I am dying to find a low fat, low cal spinach lasagna!

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays? Yes - just because it is a holiday does not mean you should give yourself a free pass. I eat a bit more on the holidays than I do every other day...but I do not over-indulge and stay only about 200-300 calories over what my plan calls for(typically 1200-1400 cals). 1-2 bites of an item (such as a sweet pie or cookie) should satisfy you....it does me...so I hope it will you! Or just eat ONE cookie....you will feel better tomorrow when your scale moves!

Enygirl
11-26-2007, 01:35 PM
YAY Christmas! :elf: This is my FAVORITE time of year! I'm so excited! I got all the decorations up this weekend.. except I'm somehow missing an entire box of ornaments and lights... I'm taking it as a sign - they were all the ones that my exhusband picked out. So this coming weekend my daughter and i are using it as a great excuse to go buy more! :)

1. What is your Christmas goal? I really just don't know. Originally it was to get to #170... but then I realized that the scale I was using is #6 off - so that's not going to happen now. However getting to #180 would be awesome.. so that's what I'm going with!

2. What is your mini-goal for this week? i'm still aiming for #1.5-#2 a week.

3. What's your typical dinner plan like for this week? Include recipes if you want! eating food. :) Seriously - I'm not a planner. I make what I have... luckily I've been buying things that are better for me and a lot less runs to Mcd's. I can't be that controlled - i'd go nuts! :)

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays? It's just another day... everything in moderation. I'm a religious calorie counter, and I up my allowable calorie intake from 1200 to 1800 on "special days" - it works well for me.

flower
11-26-2007, 05:42 PM
1. What is your Christmas goal?walk 30 hours btwn now and then, take an inch or 2 off my belly measurements

2. What is your mini-goal for this week?getting in my water, going grocery shopping

3. What's your typical dinner plan like for this week? Include recipes if you want!no plan yet, I have only the barest in the cupboards

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays? Only to remind myself that even though Christmas only comes once a year, any time I go off track too bad, it takes 5 times as long to undo the damage!

sockmonkey70
11-27-2007, 01:24 AM
YAY! So glad to see the thread back. I missed you guys!!

1. What is your Christmas goal? Low 170s.

2. What is your mini-goal for this week? Ummmm..Not give into stress, because when I do, I go way off plan and eat out too much. I have my senior exhibition of artwork next Tuesday and getting everything ready is PRETTY nerve wracking lol.

3. What's your typical dinner plan like for this week? Include recipes if you want! Tentatively: Slimfast or cereal for breakfast, Lean Cuisine or turkey sandwich for lunch if I have time to go home, or Chic-fil-A if not. Lean Cuisine or homemade soup for dinner with a baby spinach salad. Don't know about snacks yet.

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays? Don't let anything be off limits..Have a little of everything but don't go overboard!

Enygirl
11-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Hello :wave: Hope that everyone's Tuesday is going well. I'm doing very good so far today... had a rough night w/ BF last night - got into a fight - but I just went to bed instead of the Fridge.. small nsv I suppose. We're better today... sometimes relationship crap is so petty!

2Bthinagain
11-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Gator - Congrats on the ONEDERLAND! :carrot:

SunshineRunner
11-27-2007, 10:39 PM
2bthin - thank you very very much! It is fabulous and I am in hog heaven right now...while not hogging out!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their week. Mine has been hectic with work (I sell real estate and my phone is blowing up this week...and last week....odd, I know!).

In either case....Monday @ gym I did 66 mins. on the elliptical and tonight I did 33 mins. 33 Mins. is my normal routine, but usually one or two nights a week I like to double it up if I am in a really great mood. I feel so accomplished afterwards. After my cardio I do use the machines for toning arms, abs, legs....and I just started using the captains chair as I read in another thread that it is the most effective ab exercise. Back when I was in shape about 5-6 years ago, I could do about 100 lifts on captains chair...now just 3 sets of 10. I'll get there with more weight loss...it really was one of my fave exercises back in the day...

well, nighty night, gotta get up early in the morning! I hope everyone makes wise decisions this week!

2Fat4myJeans
11-28-2007, 08:27 AM
I have not yet exercised this week! ack! I need a swift kick in the hiney!

My only excuse is that DH and I have been rushing to finish remodeling our bathroom before the end of the week, since it involves tile cutting which must be done outside and we are supposed to get dumped on with snow starting on Friday. Excuses, excuses. And obviously I am not the one doing the tile cutting. Food-wise, things are definitely back on track. I even iced Christmas cookies and have been able to handle having one or two each night and that's it. I sent most of them to DH's work... or encouraged DH to eat them, lol!

DH and I did decide that we would be going to the gym after work today. I have a lot of stress going on at work and my anxiety seems to be flaring up. One remedy for that is exercise, and I need to do it!

SunshineRunner
11-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Anna - I schedule my gym visits. Mon-Fri 7:30-9:30pm. I don't allow anyone to be on my schedule during that time. I even feel the need to add some time on the weekends or go to the track. I think - for me personally - that if I didn't schedule my gym routine, I wouldn't be there. I never miss it unless I am really not feeling good (maybe once a month - if that!).

Good luck with the tile cutting....I know I Just gave you a bunch of advice all the way from Florida...probably not great considering I have never had to deal with a true winter...

:carrot::cb::dance::dancer::broc::cheer::woops:

flower
11-28-2007, 09:26 AM
I have accomplished 6 hours of walking in the last 5 days. Unfortunately I ate enough food yesterday for 3 days. All my flex points are gone for the week, I gotta behave for the next 5 days. lol It was worth it, just gotta pay the piper now. :)

FitMomEB
11-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Hello ladies,

Here comes another gal for the 70s show :)

My name is Elisa, I'm 31, mom of 2 (Sarah is 8 and Stella is 1 1/2), happily married, currently living in NY. We moved here from Switzerland last year, I was port-partum and still nursing my little one. It has been a stressful year and as mom, I of course put everyone else's needs ahead of mine... which lead to me gaining more weight instead of losing some :( I now have 70 lbs to lose and I'm so glad I found this thread!

1. What is your Christmas goal? My goal right now is not actually weight-type goal, but more of a lifestyle one. I want to have a regular exercise routine by the time Christmas comes around!

2. What is your mini-goal for this week? Get back on track with eating, try at least 3 of my new workout DVDs.

Eat unprocessed foods and homemade meals, no sugar; also, drink lots of water.

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays? Keep moving. Even if you have family over and can't do your regular workouts, make sure you schedule mini-workouts or family activities that involve some type of exercise. Walking, playing sports, having a snowball fight... anything goes!

2Bthinagain
11-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Welcome Elisa !!!

LisaLv67
11-28-2007, 08:22 PM
1. What is your Christmas goal? My Christmas Goal is 10 lbs

2. What is your mini-goal for this week? This week I want to hit 220 by Sunday
3. What's your typical dinner plan like for this week? Include recipes if you want!My typical dinner is chicken, chicken and more chicken. I don't like meat or fish so I go to wal mart and buy the 3lb bag of chicken for $5.50 and than I pair it up with some veggies or quinoa

4. Any words of wisdom for staying on track during the holidays
Stay far away from the appatizers, nibbing is an easy way to get unwanted calories. Plus when eating, eat everything you want, I just put a half dollar portion of everything on my plate.

SunshineRunner
11-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Had a great workout tonight. Upped my weights by 10lbs....felt good. Hope everyone is doing well. I had a semi-bad lunch. It's called Dale's here in my small town - bbq that is. Although, I had a grilled chicken sandwich (med. sized I'd say), unsweet tea...and steak fries. Good news is I only ate about 1/2 the fries..and they were a small serving. Only reason I did it was because a friend in sales was driving thru and could meet me then. Probably still well within my calorie range...just not overly healthy. I don't feel awful about it - but had the need to confess.

Other than that...good workouts so far this week and am overly happy about that. Well, good night and check in tomorrow!

2Fat4myJeans
11-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Hey everyone! Elisa - hello! So glad you are joining us! :welcome2:

flower ~ way to go on the 6 hours of walking! You're a machine!

amanda, boy I wish I could dedicate 2 hours to the gym every morning. That would be awesome! Unfortunately I work from 6-2:30 every day. However, I'm thinking you have the right idea.... scheduling time at the gym. I could use that to my advantage with my work schedule. Usually DH doesn't get home until 4:00 and my gym is right down the street from my work (which means I shouldn't have any excuses!!) I should just schedule gym time from 2:45-3:45 every day.

I DID get to the gym last night, though! I got to try out the rowing machine and I really liked it. It obviously worked because I finally (fearfully) stepped on the scale this morning and I am down to 197.4!!!! :woohoo: I've finally broken 198! It's a good morning. :D

SunshineRunner
11-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Yay Anna! Congrats on the scale movement....and getting to the gym. I know I made up a lot of excuses as to why I couldn't get to the gym in the past (years ago) and you know what - I don't have any now. My health and well being are just more important than almost anything else in life. Also - I cancelled my cable television - so those tv shows that used to keep me waiting for them and not wanting to miss them...aren't there to entice me anymore! I honestly thing evening tv was a major factor in keeping me away from the gym in the past. It's crazy - but I was mentally scheduling out my tv time each night around what show I wanted to watch. I haven't had tv since July and feel just fine without it. although...I do catch up on some faves online at different network sites....but those will wait for when I have time...which is nice!

Still weighing the same this morning...but not a big deal...working out hard this week has probably been the reason behind some of it. I don't really care cause I'm in the 190's and that is just fabulous!

Well, I hope everyone has a fab day!
~Amanda

flower
11-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Anna-congrats for breaking that plateau!
Amanda~you are so close to your Xmas goal, you will do it!
Hi Elisa! I new here too. Well, to this group, not to the site.

I went to an indoor swap meet today thinking it opened at 8, nope, 9:30. So instead of coming home, son and I walked around Lowe's for an hour til the pharmacy opened. I think the employess thought I was nuts, but it was cool in there. The humidity is too high for me this morning to walk outside. I ended up buying a piece of plexiglass and I am thinking of making a modern version of a tapletop xmas tree. It will be a triangle with red lights. Gotta talk to hubby and see if my plan will work, hate to cut into it and find out I wasted a good heavy sheet of plexi. lol No real tree here this year. The kittens would knock down every ornament they could and the baby would destroy the ones the cats knocked off.

Yesterday was a 1/2 hour walk. I probably didn't eat enough, but I had more than enough the day before. All balances out.

Mom23BC
11-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Do you guys have room for one more?

I need all the support I can get.

Enygirl
11-29-2007, 08:12 PM
2fat4myjeans - I'm sorry - but I just read your post from yesterday. :drill: I'm here to tell you that you need to get your act together! :kickbutt: Consider this your official butt kicking! and yes I did read from this morning that you did make it to the gym... just felt like kicking your butt anyhow :D - sorry.. I'm in a goofy mood. :crazy:

Mom2- I'm not by any means athority.. but I say the more the merrier! I need as many people in my life as possible working towards the "same" goal as me and ae willing to share in the challenges and victories - along with inspiring, motivating and keeping my "shrinking daily" butt in line. :rofl: :D

For me - the scale has been in the 180's the last 2 days - and I'm geeked beyond belief!!! Official weekly weigh in is tomorrow - I'll keep you posted.. although I ate like crap today, and was about 300 cals over my daily limit - but it was a lunch meeting at a restaurant that even their salads are loaded and dinner at Chuck E. Cheese for a fundraiser for DD's school. I'll just do the extra ab routine tonight to burn those added cals. Might not work - but it'll make me feel better about it. :)

2Fat4myJeans
11-30-2007, 08:42 AM
LOL, thanks Enygirl!! I needed that swift kick in the butt! I did get to the gym again yesterday, although I was pooped so I only got in about 25 minutes of exercise. Oh well...better than nothing at all! We have my company's christmas party tonight, so I get to play dress up... but I'm also afraid I'll go overboard since it's free drinks and food up the wazoo! I need to make sure I eat a sensible lunch and maybe a small snack before dinner.

Well I am actually down to 196.8 today, but I think it's water weight, as I didn't get to eat much breakfast or lunch, but did eat a good sized dinner and my calories came out to just a bit over what I was aiming for. I am not moving my ticker just yet, and we'll see how I survive the weekend.

Mom2SBM - of course you are welcome here! Like enygirl said, the more the merrier :D

Enygirl
11-30-2007, 09:30 AM
2F4J Any workout is better then no workout! Stick with it girl! You are SO close to your Christmas goal!!! YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF!

Flower how did the plexiglass tree turn out? I LOVE doing crafts! Actually a friend at work just gave me the cutest pattern for a crocheted tree. I'm going to make it over the weekend!

As for me - I'm GEEKED BEYOND BELIEF!!! Official Weigh in was this morning and I'm at #188.7! I HAVE OFFICIALLY KISSED THE 190'S GOODBYE!!!

This makes reaching the goal of kissing the #180's goodbye for New Years SO much easier!!! :yay: WOO HOO ME!!!

flower
11-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Eny-Congrats on saying goodbye to the 190's! That is my goal as well! I will be working on the tree this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon. I had to deal with all 4 kids yesterday. They all needed to do something or go somewhere ect.

Mom2... glad you could join us!
Anna~just getting to the gym is 1/2 the battle!

SunshineRunner
11-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Eny - congrats on getting rid of the 190's...I can't wait for that to happen...not sure it will happen before the end of the year - but heck - my mini-goal was only 195 and I'm close! :congrat:

2f4mj - good job on working out - try and get at least one hour in a day - 5 days a week...gym or something else. I personally like the gym best...but what works for me will not necessarily work for you! :carrot: work it out!:woops:

Mom2 - :welcome3: check back often...it's a nice release and relief to see so many regular people going through the same things as we are. Enjoy!

My week has been good - broke into onederland...but have stalled there...I don't mind that so much...I just (like everyone else) love love love when the scale moves. I'm sure it will in a few more days - I'm cyclical like that.

Have a great weekend everyone and eat smart and workout hard!
~Amanda

2Bthinagain
11-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Mom2 - welcome!

Looks like everyone is on the right track, and staying focused! Great job everyone!!!
As for me, I think my never ending cold is FINALLY over.
Got on the scale yesterday -- 219. Least it's not in the 220's .
I looked in the mirror and want to puke, but that's nothing new!
I won't weigh again for another week.
Just hope I see 210 by Christmas.

2Fat4myJeans
11-30-2007, 12:18 PM
WAY TO GO, 2BThin!!!!!!! :bravo: Say goodbye to the 220's...you're not going to ever see them again! Only 9 more pounds to go...you can do it! :cheer:

SunshineRunner
11-30-2007, 02:03 PM
:cp::carrot: That is fabulous 2bthin! Glad to hear you are feeling better as well! Keep up the work and you will be out of the 200's in no time!

How is everyone else doing today? Working hard towards our goals?

Mom23BC
11-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Hello all! Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have stuck to all my mini-goals this week. Right now, I am enjoying my reward for sticking to this. My wonderful husband is watching the 3 kids, cooking, and cleaning up for the night. I will tell you....just this reward kept me on my treadmill this week. This is the first week into my new changes. I am making small changes a week. Everyweek I am making a change to my diet, cardio, and toning exercises. This week was to stick to the following for 5 out of 7 days: 3 quarts of water/day, 10 minutes on the treadmill, and 100 set-ups. New mini-goals on Monday. One week at a time. I am trying to at least loose 5 pounds a month.

Rachel:candy::candy::candy:

Enygirl
12-01-2007, 10:35 AM
GOOD MORNING GIRLS!!!!
It's beautiful outside - a brisk 33 degrees.. we're supposed to get snow storms - and I'm beginning my training for the 5K walk tomorrow! Yea - I'm smart. :) Everyone thinks I'm crazy - but we're 8 weeks exactly from race day - and I don't want to stroll it - I'll get even more cold! So I'm bundling up, and going out for an hour "easy" walk this evening.

My end of the year goal seems so close right now - I can almost taste it! only #9.2 pounds this month to go.. totally doable! It's a good day.

SunshineRunner
12-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Eny - 33 is beautiful??? Where I come from it's downright scary! It's about 70 here in south FL...nice!

Spent my morning at the Farmer's Market - purchased some Christmas candles and brussel sprouts. I have decided that I am going to learn to like both brussel sprouts and asparagrus...I'm usually a salad, green bean, lima bean, corn kinda girl...but I want to branch out...so I'm testing myself again.

Didn't get to gym last night and won't get there today. Last night was mom's bday and I did have a small piece of cake with her...but it didn't effect my weight, so I'm not worried....I had already reserved space for it in my calorie count for the day. Not getting to the gym today because of busy morning and Christmas Tree shopping this afternoon. Will most definitely make up for it on Sunday though!

Have a great weekend everyone!

flower
12-02-2007, 04:51 PM
I went to the beach to go walking while my hubby fished with one of my son's on the pier. I had to give up the sand walking 1/2 way thru. There were thousands of man-o-wars out there today! Scary. Anyways, walked the boardwalk for 1.5 hours. Afterwards we went to a classic car show. Had to park a mile away, then walked and walked and walked. Another 1.5 hours. This doesn't account in my walk on the pier, the walk thru the mall or the walk to and from the car at grandmas, the store or where we went to lunch. I am pooped!

Temp was 84 here. :) Southern FL does have some advantages. Hard to get in the Xmas spirit when you are sunburnt. lol

SunshineRunner
12-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Flower - love love love our weather (born & raised here!)...but I know what you mean about Christmas spirit...definitely a tricky thing to do here. Congrats on your exercise today - I hate walking the sand...sooo hard! We had a classic car show over here this weekend as well...didn't get to it as it was Mom's bday weekend....and got busy with work....oh well, maybe next time!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
~Amanda

Enygirl
12-02-2007, 10:24 PM
gator - it was complete sarcasm..trust me :)

I did the first day of 5 K training today. it was about 37 - rainy and slush EVERY WHERE! But I did the 5K in 50 mins. I think I'm still going to do the Slim & 6pack ab routine too... the walk just didn't feel like enough. Tonight though I'm just going to do the stretch... I'm really tired!

SunshineRunner
12-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Eny - congrats on getting your training going! Keep it up!

How is everyone's Monday going? I hope well! Can't wait to get to the gym tonight!

Enygirl
12-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Great attitude gator! My Monday is going ok. It's hard to believe it's already 11! Mondays are my really busy days at work - so I need to get my butt in gear. I'm feeling pretty tired today... then again DBF had friends over last night and I didn't sleep all that well... crazy.

Didn't do so good on eating yesterday - which is probably why I'm feeling ounky too. It always catches up with me. Oh well it's another day, and i'm doing better already!

2Fat4myJeans
12-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Hello everyone! It's monday again...groan... fortunately I have Friday off this week so it's going to be a nice, short work week!

How did everyone fair this weekend? I ate very well at my company Christmas party. Barely sampled the appetizers, and barely touched the soup, salad or main course...not because I wasn't hungry, but just because it didn't taste good! Anyway, celebrated my in-law's anniversary on Sunday with a nice meal out and again stuck to a lean filet, salad and roasted vegetables. I'm back on track today and feel really good. Got to the gym 3 out of 4 days last week and am aiming for another 4 days this week.

Let's keep up the good work..everyone's doing so well!!!

flower
12-04-2007, 07:04 AM
The scale wouldn't budge for Monday W/I but it is down 2 today. Woo hoo!

I found I can use less powdered skim milk than fluid skim milk in my coffee reducing the point value. Woo hoo!

Oh, I am getting leg muscles again! I think that excited me more than the 2 lbs.

Enygirl
12-04-2007, 08:01 AM
WTG flower! :cheer: #2 & leg muscles! woo hoo!

Here's a question - do you guys feel tired and grumpy when you switch exercise regimins? I noticed when I started this journey - for about 3 days I was a complete B*@#h, and then when I switched from video 1 to video 2 on the Slim in 6... and now that I started the 5K training again I'm tired - cranky - and a total Bi$%h to everyone around me. What are your thoughts?

2Bthinagain
12-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Wow you miss so much when you don't check in for a few days.
Sounds like ALL of you are really doing a great job and sounds like EVERYONE is exercising!!
I still lack in that dept. We dropped our membership to the YMCA. With preschool and kindergarten there is never a good time to go, and be back. DH convinced me to drop it and use that $75 some place else -- like maybe sports classes for the kids or something.
That cold never really did go away! I thought it was gone,but I still have sniffles, I pray this is not the start of a new cold. Grrr.
Today I'm at 218.
I like the idea of the new goal each week.
I think this week I will focus on water, and drinking more of it.
Oh one last thing -- has anyone tried SMART ONES? I had a meal for dinner the other night - chicken fetticine (sp??) with alfreado sauce, it was over 300 calories, but it was delicioius. I am going to stock up on them next time I'm at the grocery store.
Have a great week everyone!

Enygirl
12-04-2007, 02:46 PM
I like the Smart ones meals. They taste great - except for the sodium content! they make me retain SO much water! It's rediculous.. and after eating them for 2-3 days I feel like a water balloon and am bloated beyond belief!

My goals this week: Keep moving.. no matter how cold :running:
Keep up the water intake - I feel like crap if I don't :drool:
lose #1.5-#2 this week.. even WITH TOM's visit! :goodscale:
Not kick my bosses in the head - even though they are both driving my NUTS! :frypan:

flower
12-04-2007, 02:47 PM
I haven't switched things up much, so don't have an answer to your new excersice/grumpy question.

I like to have the Smart Ones or Lean Cusines in the freezer for lunches. I add a cup of cooked veggies to most of them as they have way too much sauce and just what they give ya never really fills me up. I get the bags of store brand veggies. I try and get at least one of each type. That way I get a variety. Frozen veggies by themselves are very little calories.

SunshineRunner
12-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Brrrr! It's cold down in S. Florida! It feels good - I enjoy the cold spells, but only for about a week at a time...and only as long as it doesn't get any lower than the 50's...anything less than that and my nose hurts from the cold air...boo hoo! I know, I'm complaining where some of you are living it is considered warm in the 40's. Enough about that!

It has been a very tiring week already with work, but I will get through. I did 66 minutes on the elliptical on Monday night and then 53 minutes on Tuesday night. I followed Monday night out with an upper body workout and Tuesday with upper body + abs. On the abs note...I can now do 3 sets of 12 on the captain's chair and not feel awful....I probably could do a few more than that or even an additional set....but I don't like to stress myself too much. I'm just happy because I was only able to do 3 sets of 10 and felt exhausted afterwards. :woops::lifter:

Eating wise I am doing good. Sticking to my diet and not hindering it at all. I eat what I want as long as I feel it is healthy enough for me. I have even found a way to add pasta to my diet with some whole wheat ravioli's, as well as low cal (only 90 cals) alfredo sauce. Yum!

Enygirl - I don't switch up my exercise very often - I just tend to add a new machine to it or something like that at the gym...so I can't say for sure...but I think what you are going through is normal - I know when I started working out I hated it and was most definitely grumpy. Keep it up - in a week's time you won't feel so yuck!

2Bthin - I agree with everyone else - I enjoy Smart Ones but have personally taken all of those frozen "healthy" dinners out of my diet. To me they just aren't fulfilling enough. The salt content is extreme as well. I do enjoy on occassion Kashi frozen meals....they still have high salt, but have tons of fiber so I feel that kinda nixes out the salt thing compared to smart ones with lower fiber counts. Personally - during weightloss, I'm just avoiding high salt items as much as I can...I always see the difference the following day.

Happy Hump Day everyone! Keep up the good work!
~Amanda

Mom23BC
12-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Hello everyone. I love the Smart Ones, Lean Cuisines, but really, I try not to buy them too much, because they don't feel me up, and I can eat them for breakfast, noon, and night.

Well, I met all my mini-goals last week. This week, my mini-goals are:

1. Get up at 5:00am. (5 days)
2. Continue drinking 3 quarts of water a day. (5 days)
3 Walk on Treadmill for at least 15 minutes a day. (5 days)
4. Continue with my setups and add pushups. (5 days)
5. Write down on index cards my breakfast meals with calories. Only eat healthy meals for breakfast.

Have a great day!

flower
12-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Oooh, this morning was sweatshirt weather! Woo hoo! Sweatshirt and flip flops that is. :)

I broke a tooth in 1/2 yesterday. Gotta get into see the dentist. It doesn't hurt but it is gross and sharp. That is an expense I can't afford esp during Xmas! I can't ignore it however.

Oh, I stayed within my point range for breakfast even though I am out of diet friendly foods. I just can't eat huge volume of food if it is regular food. I am phasing out regular food however. The kids haven't complained about the bread, the ice cream, ect.

Walking will be tonight during soccer practice. I am working on housework right now. I made cupcakes for the kids. I cleaned the liter box, did 4 loads of laundry already and I have dinner in the crock pot. Stilll have a million other chores to accomplish though. See ya'll later.

Enygirl
12-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Good morning girls!
Gator - I would LOVE to see the 50's here - it'd make this training SO much better! I've been doing it though. Tuesdays I have to do an indoor walk/jog.

My mini-victory today - I'm in a size 16!! WOO HOO! It's the one pair of pants that I kept.

Also - a co-worker of mine gave me a bunch of clothes that she doesn't fit anymore. She's kinda my inspriation. She went from the #190's to now she's in the low #140's in less then a year... so she gave me clothes that she shrunk out of. Which is great because a lot of my stuff is starting to get too big. :yay: it's like a new wordrobe w/ out the cost! :)

flower
12-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Eny...that is AWESOME!

SunshineRunner
12-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Eny - you are training to run a 5k? I'm very motivated to do the same. I'm a little fearful because I run inside on the elliptical and will have to convert to doing some outdoor running (which is much harder for me - shin splints - yuck!). However, I am determined and have been looking for some local 5k's to run...there are lots...but I think I should look for one in March...that will give me time to lose some of this hunk of flab I carry with me every day so that running outdoors will be easier. Oh..and if you think I haven't thought of it already...one day I want to be a marathoner. Yup...the big one...and not just any marathon...but also the triathalons. How cool would that be? I know I am a ways off...but then again, I see women bigger than me doing them...in any case, not that motivated to jump into it tomorrow...but would love to be able to some of those in my "haha" spare time. I really can't wait to lose some more weight so that I will be able to run and compete more!

Things are going well work out wise for me...really on track and doing over 5 miles per night at what I believe to be a good rate/resistance.

Man...I logged on with so much to say and I am so tired I think I forgot it all. I will check you all in the morning when I get a free moment. Have a great day!
~Amanda

Enygirl
12-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Gator - actually I'm training to walk it. I haven't had any problems w/ shin splints (thank god!) but my calf muscles are really sore today. I don't think I'm properly stretching them.

try looking around this site: www.runnersworld.com There's a lot of great advice, and some organized training programs.

This week I've been very blah.. I've determined that the walking just isn't enough for me - and I'm going to go back to the Slim in 6 IN ADDITION TO the 5K training. I've been over eating the last few days - and I'm hoping that doing good over the past weekend, Monday and today will make up for Tues. & Wed. snafus... tomorrow is weigh in day, and I'd LOVE to see a couple pound drop! Only #8.7 - til the New Year - :elf: which secretly is my Christmas wish - not goal, but wish :santa:

SunshineRunner
12-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the site eny - haven't had a free moment to check it out - but can't wait!

Did 5.3 miles on the elliptical tonight @ good resistance and in 1hr. 6 min. Feels good.

I'm starting to feel bones in my body - where my skin is pulling on them because there is much less fat. Very exciting!

Hope everyone has a great night!
~Amanda

flower
12-07-2007, 09:36 AM
I will be switching my routine up after Xmas. Don't want to get in a rut. Not sure what I will do, I will check those sites out as well. :)

I broke a tooth the other day. Went to dentist. Got a long list of things to be done. :( Gotta find $. That is on my mind and then my 7 year old broke his arm, he gets his cast on today. Always something.

SunshineRunner
12-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Flower - I'm sorry you aren't having the greatest week. This is a tough time of year for unexpected expenses!

Keep your head up!

flower
12-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Because of you all, I jogged/walk intervals today for 40 minutes! I have not run since high school 20 years ago! Woo hoo!

SunshineRunner
12-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Because of who you want to be - you jogged/walked today! Congrats on making the first step Flower! Keep it up - you will start to love it - I promise!

Enygirl
12-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Flower WAY TO GO! :yay: that's awesome! And remember it's not because of us - it's because of you. we're just here to support you along the way!

Gator Great job on the ellipical - 5.3 in just over an hour is AWESOME!

Today's weigh in went pretty good. I'm down #1.4 this week. Not much more before I hit my New Years Goal! :cheer: I did the full 5K walk last night - time was 54 mins. I'm proud. it was really cold and windy yesterday.

flower
12-07-2007, 03:06 PM
BUT I wouldn't of even attempted it if your rescent posts weren't still in my head this morning. Oh, I did it for me, don't get me wrong, but you planted the idea there. :)

Enygirl
12-07-2007, 04:14 PM
:yay: I'm proud - I planted a good - not taking over the world idea in someone's head! :rofl: Good job on the starting a new adventure! It's fun.. although i'm just now getting over the grumpies from switching routines!

2Bthinagain
12-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Wow everyone is doing so great with their workouts! Applause all around for each of you !
Today was a bad day for me. I went to Lane Bryant because it's the weekend, my husband was home watching the boys, and I had some time to just get out and shop ...and take my time....I did mostly Christmas shopping for my husband, but saw Lane Bryant and walked in. I rarely shop there, because their customer service is horrible....they never say 'hello, may I help you?".
So anyway....they had a store wide sale 40%.
I had to cave and purchase a size 18 pair of jeans. :(
And here I thought a 16 would be the largest size I ever wore. I wore 16 last winter, I can still get them on, but not without the muffin top. So I wanted something comfortable. The 18s snap, without much effort, no sucking in the gut and squirming, so I'm hoping in another 10 pounds they'll be loose.
ANYWAY, while I was shopping a lady came up to me and said "do you mind if I ask you a personal question" I didn't have a chance to reply and she said "I'm shopping for a friend of mine, and she is about your size, what size shirt do you buy".
I had to confess that I rarely shop at Lane Bryant and have only bought pants there. I told her in the "real world", Macys, Pennys, Old Navy, etc...I like to buy an XL , so I don't really know my "number" size.
I walked out of there feeling like a pig.
She might not have intended anything, but I just felt like a stuffed sausage.
She was over weight herself, just about 5 inches shorter than me.
Ooops , date night is about to start .....gotta run, lucky you ! Otherwise I'd ramble about this another 30 minutes.

flower
12-09-2007, 09:08 AM
2bethin {{{hugs}}}} She meant nothing by it. Although, who buys clothing as a gift anymore unless they know for SURE of a size. Strange person.

It is my time of the month so today is a no excersice day. I gotta plenty of housework to burn up the calories. My #2 son's birthday is today too. 14. He wants fried chicken. I better go look up points before I go.

SunshineRunner
12-09-2007, 03:55 PM
2bthin - :hug::hug: I know how you feel. I have hated when people in the past have asked me this. They just dont' know how hard we work at hiding our numbers because we are ashamed. It hurts...they don't realize it...on another note...I'm going to tell you to take what this person asked you with stride and use it as a motivating factor to get down a size in pants. One size and you will be on cloud 9. I started out this journey as a size 18 and XL shirt...with most of my shopping being at Old Navy (thank god they are one of the few stores that doesn't have a plus size dept but all clothes mixed in). I have refused to shop at LB just because to me...I am never going to be plus sized (even though I still am.) I am now down to size 16 and L shirt...and haven't gone shopping yet...but have some 16's that are too large on me. Please use this awful moment as another stepping stone to keep you on track in your journey. You can do it, I can do it. Keep your head up darling! P.S. You are not a cow. I was not a cow. We are human beings who have lived in ruts in our lives and are digging ourselves out. Plain and simple. What are your plans this week for eating and exercising?

Flower - good luck with the weekend! I would need it if I was you! What are your exercise plans for the coming week? How many days?

Eny - how's it going? Keeping warm? How is your program going?

As for me...about noon yesterday my throat started hurting. I have gotten a full blown cold. Yuck! Was able to get out yesterday after working most of the day to get some Christmas shopping done - while feeling yucky - but still did not finish - Damn the holidays! Just kidding - I love them - usually just more ahead of the game by now. I am starting to feel old - (I'm 27) because I haven't been to the mall in months I guess and the stores were difficult to navigate - tried finding a box set of CD's and seems as though stores just don't carry that kind of thing these days - at least not like what I remembered. Ugh! Shopping online is my savior! Also - bad news exercise wise - my younger brother had to slam on brakes in his truck yesterday - while I was laying down in back seat trying to rest on way to mall - I went flyer and landed (yes...this is a crazy story) after hitting the back of the seats - on some straps that he uses to tie down his ATV - that were on the floor board - it would have been okay had they just been straps - but no - they have these hard & heavy metal spikes in them - which cut through my jeans (which are big and baggy because I have lost so much weight - so I am not totally sad that they now have a hole in them). In any case - I am now the proud owner of a left knee with 3 gashes in it along with 3 gumball sized knots. I don't require myself to work out on the weekends - and between the cold I have and the knee issue - It's not happening for me this weekend - just hoping and wishing that this won't hold me back this week...it will be really depressing if it does. Boo hoo! I hate bad days.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and getting lots done. :dizzy:

SunshineRunner
12-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Oh...p.s. - I hope what I just wrote is clear enough to understand...my brain isn't working so well right now.

flower
12-10-2007, 10:51 AM
I always had the scale in my bathroom then the high humidity made it go heywire. Placed it in the kitchen, works again. I just need to w/i dressed v/s my birthday suit. lol In pj's I was 192.5. Goal is to be in the 180's by Xmas! 3 pounds.

I really hate excersicing when I have my period but if I don't I am never gonna get anywhere. I can't just skip a week every month. I skipped yesterday and today I got up and went walking. Ya know what, it did not kill me! I have 12 hours of walking to get done by Xmas morning. I will do it!

I removed the skin from the chicken. I figured out the points and servings and I was able to have a meal that didn't kill me. :) Actually I only used 1.5 flex points all last week. Pretty darn amazing.

Happy Monday everyone!

Enygirl
12-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I hope that everyone is doing good so far this week. I have the hardest time on weekends! I binged yesterday - and went about 300 cals over my limit.. not too bad - but still enough to irritate me!

I thought TOM had come on Sat - but it was just spotting.. makes me nervous that the exact oppisite may be happening - and that I might be pregnant. It would be awesome - but about a year too early! I really wanted to lose all the weight first. I'm going to pick up a test tonight and I'll keep you all posted!

Also - my BFF - who has been very ill - was back in the hospital yesterday due to complete dehydration. ugh. they can't treat the problem only the symptoms - because the only "cure" is surgery and her heart isn't strong enough for it...

I think that's why I bunged last night after I came home from the hospital. And to tell you the truth - the 2 chocolate granola bars and the little pack of combos didn't even tate good!

Ok - I just realized what I considered a binge - which it is - but if this was 6 months ago that would have read 2 king sized snickers bars and a family sized bag of Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles!!! EVEN IN MY BINGES I'M MAKING BETTER CHOICES!!!! Wow - maybe I am making life altering decisions!

Here's some :dust: for everyone this week. I'll keep you all posted on what's happening. I'm honestly hoping that TOM is just staling due to the exercise changes that I've made. I still feel like I'm PMSing.

2Bthinagain
12-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Gator - thanks, I will use it as an incentive to stay focused. Rather GET focused, then stay focused.
I know what you mean about LB, I never shopped there until this past year when I hit the 16 and now 18.:eek:
I remember one time, when I was around a size 10, I was out shopping with a friend at the mall and we approached LB, she SLOWLY walked by and said "So, is there any place else you'd like to go?". WTF?
Where did those traveling pants go? Someone started a thread about traveling pants so that we all wouldn't need to shop for new clothes as we lose weight.
By the time I fit in anything again everything will be out of style!
Gator - OMG - about your accident! Sorry about your jeans but glad over all you are okay. Sorry about your cold too, I just had one for 4 weeks.

As for plans -- I don't have one this week, I'm sorry to say it but each and every day I have new things to deal with, we have no schedule other than that of the kids. Now I'm off to take our 3 yr old to the Dr because he has an awful cold and pukes when he coughs. Lovely.

by the way , I'm not getting on a scale for a few weeks. I can't face it.

2Bthinagain
12-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Flower -- good luck on the 3 pounds to go, I have every confidence that you will meet and most likely EXCEED your Christmas goal!!!

2Bthinagain
12-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Enygirl - thanks for the willpower dust, I need it!

flower
12-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Eny...you test yet?

Enygirl
12-10-2007, 07:33 PM
no I haven't - as I was leaving work I started getting killer cramps again - biggst sign for me that TOM is coming. although he still hasn't shown up. I figure if he's not here by the morning I'll stop on my way to work. I'm not too stressed about it. For once I'm eating right - exercising regularly - and I quit smoking almost 3 months ago. :)

Enygirl
12-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Ok - I took a test this morning and it was negative. My body will quite frequently freak out when I'm under a lot of stress - and since I just got a promotion at work, I'm working about 60 hours a week.. My best friend is very ill - I have a lot on my plate.

I binged again last night... I'm doing SO good on the exercising - but for some reason the last week has been SO hard to avoid bad foods! Yesterday I had Sweet and Sour chicken.. so basically - fat, fried fat with a little fat on the side!!! And it showed on the scale this morning - It read #191.4!!!! aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh Back at #190's - AND #4 UP FROM LAST FRIDAY!!!!

I have 2 more weigh ins for the contest at work! NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR ME TO BE F*ING UP!!!!

Someone please just come and sew my mouth shut for the next two weeks - or :kickbutt: or SOMETHING!!!!

SunshineRunner
12-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Good morning ladies - hope everyone is doing well. I am still battling a cold...so I didn't get to the gym last night (it was a realy fight in my head because I wanted to go very badly...but knew it would only make things worse). Keeping on track other than that...

2Bthin - how is your week going?

Eny - sorry about the killer cramps. I used to have fairly rough TOM's...but in the past 4-5 years they have really died down...I feel old!

Flower - we can both try to be in the 180's for Christmas...I hit 193 this morning (no doubt in part to this cold I have) but I have already passed my Christmas goal of 195...so maybe I can get to the 180's with you!

Enygirl
12-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Gator - WTG on passing the goal early that's AWESOME! I keep creeping in THE WRONG DIRECTION! The only thing going right is the exercise!!! It's insane! Girls - I need :hug:, :dust: and :kickbutt: from all of you right now!! AAAHHHH!!!!

flower
12-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Eny, you are probably retaining water from your cycle about to start. Do not give up! If you can get out and do a bit of excercise it will be easier to stay away from evil food! (gosh I want Chinese now!)

Gator, CONGRATS! Come join me on my quest. I am going to WDW next month and I would like my other shorts to be a bit more roomy for the trip. My current shorts will me much too big by then. :)

2bethin... I bet the scale isn't as bad as you think it might be. I thinking facing the music might help stop any more slipping. {{{hugs}}}

2Bthinagain
12-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Eny - just "fyi" when I was pregnant with our first, I had the worst cramps EVER. It never occurred to me that I could be pregnant. I was on the phone with my sister in law and told her I'd been in bed with a heating pad for a week because the cramps were so bad, and my period was late. She said I could be pregnant and to take a test, sure enough I was 6 weeks along! I was feeling the "implantation" I guess! LOL

ANYWAY --- off subject here ----- My son is going to be in a commercial! I'm really excited for him, but we have to get up at 4am and arrive at 5am. I need to keep our 3 yr old busy and occupied for 4 hours !!! UGH. But at the same time I'm excited that our 5 yr old gets this chance. I haven't told any of my friends yet, they might think it's something silly, but we're proud !!!

How is my week? Need you ask, seriously! My week is awful. I am the worst in our 70s group. I have hardly lost a darn thing and have excuse after excuse as to why I'm not on a schedule and doing better.
I was in Old Navy today and saw so many cute clothes....I'm trying to stay focused that's all I can say.

flower
12-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Wow a commercial, very cool! What type of product?

Enygirl
12-11-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm going to take another test in the morning... I'm 1/2 & 1/2 on if it'd be good or bad. When I took it this morning - it wasn't first thing in the morning and the lines - (including the control line) were really faint. My period is 2 weeks late. ugh. The good news is that I'm still 20+ pounds lighter now then when I got pregnant 6 years ago w/ DD. Silver linings.. right?

I hope all is well with everyone else

Enygirl
12-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Ok - so i'm just as confused this morning as I was yesterday. i got up and took a test first thing and there was definately a line... it was very very faint, but it was there (either that or my mind wanted it to be there) but now I'm having some spotting... grrr.. I don't feel "right" - definately not normal TOM stuff. I'm going to wait and see what today brings - if it's TOM and if not then I'll test again in a few days.

I'm sticking to plan. My exercise is low impact for the most part - so that won't be an issue either way.

flower
12-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Eny...I remeber those days. {{hugs}} you either get your + or you get your period so you can get on with life. Limbo land sucks.

I got my walk in today. I didn't want to, but I did. I think those are the best days. When you are able to talk yourself into something that is good for you.

SunshineRunner
12-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Eny - sorry for the confusion going on in your world. I have never had that yet...so I don't really know what you are going through...although I am sure it is frustrating.

Flower - congrats on getting out there even though you did not want to! That is what get's us where we are going.

As for me - still no gym due to the cold. Don't think I will be well enough to go this evening either. Good news is the cold is making me drop lbs like they are going out of style. I'm down to 192 this morning. While that is exciting, I'm fairly certain it is 100% an effect of the cold...and not my eating habits/exercise (seeing as I am not exercising right now)...so I kind of feel like as soon as I get back to health that the lbs will either pack back on ... or something ...I don't know...I just don't feel like I have earned the weight loss...boo!

Hope y'all are steering clear of these colds!
~Amanda

2Bthinagain
12-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Eny - goodluck finding out one way or the other! One time when I tested, it was ONE line, which mean negative, but then I realized the ONE line, was not the same line as on the box. I called the number and they said it was a "false negative", meaning that it should have been a POSITIVE with 2 lines but I most likely had so much HCG in me, that it all soaked up on the first line.
I hope you find out soon!

Gator - sorry about your cold, I had one that lasted 3-4 weeks, made me feel awful.

(The commercial was for our local acquarium. He was in a "penguin parade".)

Enygirl
12-13-2007, 08:55 AM
well I started this morning - so i'm guessing that the faint line yesterday was either my mind playing tricks on me or a faulty test.

I'm back at the weight loss 100%. I didn't track everything yesterday - but I know I didn't do horrible either.

Right now I just got off the phone w/ my best friend - the one who's really ill and she's going back into the ER right now. So i'm sitting here at work scared to death - and crying.. not the best combo. I do ok until someone asks me if I'm ok. :(

AHHHH

flower
12-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Eny {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Enygirl
12-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Girls - i'm only up #1 this week. Not too shabby after the crazy week I've had! Plus TOM is in full force now. I'm NOT pregnant :yay: Althoguh DBF and I really want one - there are a few HUGE things we need to take care of first.

We're still going to "practice" but not "try" :) We'll get there! We were orginally planning on starting to "try" in June of '08 - after I lose the weight and get a few financial things in order... God is good and knows what he's doing... I needed this "scare" to kick start my a** into gear and get this done!

How is everyone else doing. I've been pretty self-absorbed this week.. I'm sorry! :hug:

SunshineRunner
12-15-2007, 10:41 AM
Hello Ladies - Just wanted to check in as I haven't in a couple of days. Still sick with this cold....I hate it..and everyone around me is sick...including DBF as he just woke up sick this morning. Hoping it goes away soon. My knee is feeling better even though it is still ugly looking...although I get to laugh when I look at it as the cuts in my knee look like a person's face....hahaha...at least I can find a little humor.

Eny - sorry about your best friends health issues...that sucks...:hug:I won't bring it up again so you dont' have to think about it. On another note -get your *** in gear - the scale should not being going up...only down :):kickbutt:

Enygirl
12-16-2007, 08:50 AM
gator - thanks for the :kickbutt: I need it right now! :hug:
I hope you start to feel better - and soon! It sucks to be sick on the holidays! :goodvibes:

Today is a new day - I revamped my New Years mini-goal. I know that I'm not going to hit the original one - but I also know that I tend to push myself a little hard and am ofter a little over zealous on goals. Expecting to lose #12 a month I've realized is a little rediculous - and as much as I want to lose all of this overnight - it's not going to happen! So my new goal is to be in the lower 1/2 of the #180's by the ball dropping.. if I surpass that great! It's a goal of #5 this month... and as crazy as the last few weeks have been I think that it's a great start!

I have one more weigh in for the work contest - and I'm still in second - so I'll still get over $50.. which is WAY cool. Actually I'm really close on the other girls heels and if I have an excellent week then i could possibly beat her! :crossed:

SunshineRunner
12-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Kick her butt & win lots of money Eny!!!! Get your butt in gear...extra money is always great...I wish I had someone to pay me for losing weight!

I think I am going to drive down to the outlet mall (about 30 mins. away...argh) and see if I can find a nice pair of jeans...I am down to one pair (now with hole due to previously mentioned accident w/brother) and they are way too big. I feel to sick to go shopping, but really need to get something before next week as I have too many things to go to and not enough clothes that fit properly...

Still Sick...someone send me some drugs that work...nothing does! sniffle.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
~Amanda

Enygirl
12-16-2007, 09:19 PM
I effectively finished my workout today.. I'm TOTALLY back in the game! :)

I'm going to start brown bagging it again and writing down everything... I have to do this! I wrote a long blog about revamping all my goals.. go read it and leave thoughts and comments on what you all think. :twirly:

flower
12-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Amanda, I love shopping, is the outlet south of you? Maybe when it is time for new clothes for me we can meet in between and shop. :)

Eny, maybe you can send some holiday goodies to the person in first place so you can win easier! :)

I am down 2 to 190.5 today! I am almost to my Xmas goal of being out of the 190's! Woo hoo! I walked this morning. It is chilly here! Took yesterday off as I had no one to watch the kids. I cleaned my bedroom instead. It needed it desperately.

SunshineRunner
12-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Flower - the outlets are in Vero Beach - just 30 minutes north of me. We can definitely make a shopping date! That would be fun! I want to try and get down into a size 10 before I do a true shopping spree!

Eny - I agree with Flower - send some junk food to the chick in first place...and keep your arse in gear! Good job getting back in the game with your workout. I think I may finally be able to get back to the gym tonight...I can breath better today! Still hacking...but it's not as bad as yesterday...or all of last week for that matter.

My scale is effectively broken. I weighed in at 192 & 192.5 all weekend...this morning...194...impossible...simply because I weighed myself 3 different times this morning within a span of 10 minutes and it read anywhere from 193.5 to 195...I just don't believe that possible because I stayed on plan yesterday & I just haven't had a problem with the scale going up since I started my journey....plus...I have had to kick my scale (literally) to get it started up for the past 3-4 months...used to be able to just stand on it...if I don't get a new one for xmas then I am buying one on the 26th! Ha! Also - I know this # is off not just because of the home fluctuations, but because my scale at work is reading correctly and I am sure my scale at the gym will be good too. Still just annoying since I know it isn't true! Argh. Damn electronics!

Congrats on being down today Flower - you are so gonna kick the butt of your Xmas goal! I passed mine last week as you know...but am hoping to be back down to under 190 by xmas. Glad my scale is clearly broken (last week it weighed me in at 210 after my b/f stepped on it and set it off - good thing I have 2 back up scales!!!)

Well, back to work! Have a fab day!
~Amanda

Enygirl
12-18-2007, 02:54 PM
I think the junk food idea is GREAT! although I don't think I can be that heartless :) We're both doing really good.. as of right now she's lost 7.65% from the beginning, and I've lost 6.39%... like I said we're really, really close! although - to catch up to where she is I have to lose #2.2 this week - let's hope she gains a little :devil:

Either way it's still good money - 1st pace will be over $175, and 2nd place is over $50... more then I put in. :)

I'm starting another contest w/ the beginning of the new year - hopefully more people will stick with it! Our first weigh in for the new one is going to be on the 2nd of Jan - right when everyone has the additional holiday pounds... starts us all off even :santa:

queenjane
12-18-2007, 05:11 PM
OK...I see a few faces here that I recognize. I was one of the founding members of the "70s show" thread, and I've fallen from grace. I don't even know what I weigh right now, but it's more than when I was on here a few months ago flirting with onederland. :(

Will you folks have me back and help me kick my own butt into gear to lose this flab?

flower
12-19-2007, 07:30 AM
Jane, nice to meet ya! I am too new here to officially welcome you back, but I say, come back and play with us! The more the merrier and the more sucessful we will all be!

Enygirl
12-19-2007, 08:10 AM
Queenjane - It's time to get back into it! We all fall off the wagon.. decide for whatever reason to yet again put ourselves last... but you can start over as many times as it takes to get this right! :grouphug: we're here!

I find it best when I tell the girls my mini-mini plan (generally weekly) I have no idea why - but it keeps me more accountable when I've told everyone on here what my plan is.

Stick with it and remind yourself - you can do it - you are worth it (chant over and over if necessary!)

queenjane
12-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks Flower & Eny. I really miss the encouragement and community we had going here, and it's nice to be welcomed back by two "new" members!

I logged yesterday in fitday, and I've got today mapped out, as well. I didn't step on the scale this morning, though. I'm telling myself that I'd better do it so I know just how much progress I'm making...it'll be good to start with a big fat number and whittle it down (vs. waiting until I feel "thin" enough to step on and maybe miss out on all the progress getting there -- does that make sense?)

BTW Eny...I grew up in Flint!

Enygirl
12-19-2007, 09:45 AM
I definately go with the weigh now scenario.. giving yourself a true starting point will hel you determine your goals better then guessing and being off.

SunshineRunner
12-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Queen - Welcome Back! We have a great little group here and I am so glad you were one of the founders! I love it here and feel soooo good to have a bunch of us in the same boat...It is my FAVORITE thread! yahoo everyone! As far as kicking butt - we are all good for some of that every once in awhile...whenever you need it - we are here! What problems are you facing right now (besides this time of year???) What threw you off track? What are you doing to get back on track?

Eny - I have found my first 5k!!! I'm excited and scared...haven't paid the registration yet...but good news is my boss has said that he will pay for any 5K's or future events that I want to do because he runs 1/2 marathons and used to be unhealthy too...so he is a big supporter...yay for free 5K's! Mine is soooo soon...why I'm scared...January 19th...It's actually in memory of one of my neighbors growing up...he was a soccer coach and track coach that died of cancer about 2 years ago..very suddenly so it was tough on everyone...so I'm excited that I can start this with a good person's name on my free t-shirt. :) SOOOOO Excited (and scared still!!!!)

Flower - how's it going? What's the scale saying? TOM decided that we were going to beat me up and give me a hard time getting under 190 for xmas...maybe new years...but we shall see...I'm soooo bloated...but should be down in a day or so...usually I gain a couple days before TOM and start to lose a few extra lbs before TOM ends....Love it/Hate it. Argh. I'll update you the moment my scale moves back down.

Working out is back on track! yahoo! Damn cold! I can't believe how long it kept me out of the gym. I did 60 mins. elliptical the last 2 nights and loved that I left the machine with wet hair...I think it's kinda sexy :) Followed up with some weight training. Also getting tons of water in again...when I was sick I just couldn't stand it...and I'm a water lover so it was making me angry...but had at least 10 glasses today...yay for being healthy again!!!!

Okay...that's it for me...have tons of paperwork sitting on my desk to play catch up with...and it's almost midnight...and I wouldn't mind getting some sleep tonight! Night Night!
~Amanda:dizzy:

Enygirl
12-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Gator - I'm SO happy for you! That's AWESOME! I haven't registered yet either.. mostly because I keep forgetting to (thanks for the reminder). I have taken to working out inside now - and just walking the full 5K once a week. I know it's not the best training - but it's SOOOO cold! :coolsnow: plus there's about 8 inches of snow on the ground right now... White Christmas Here We Come! :rudolph:

I'm down a little more today - and I'm just over #2 from my New Years goal... I can do this! I have a little over a week left! :cheers:

Queen - when did you live in Flint? I've been in this area for the last 22 years... :) It's a slum, and run down.. and the economy sucks.. but it's home! Luckily it's also an area that values creativity - so I have a killer job :)

flower
12-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Hi friends!

Snuck on the scale this morning. It said 190 on the nose in my pj's! It just need to loose a tiny bit more so it says 189.5 by Xmas morning! Okay, Xmas Eve anyways. lol I doubt getting on the scale after Santa came will be on my mind. :)

Been walking every day except for Sunday's. Although I don't plan to take this Sunday off. I have 4.5 hours left to walk to make my 30 day goal of 30 hours walked. I think I will set a different goal for my Valentines goal. Maybe keep track of activity points so if I want I could hoola hoop or jump rope if I don't have a baby sitter. Or I don't feel like walking. Some days I just don't feel like it. :) And sometimes getting the baby into the stroller is darn near impossible!

Enygirl
12-21-2007, 10:04 AM
good job on th loss Flower. Today was the official last day of the work contest - I was down #1 from last week. I was in second place - so not too bad. We're starting a new one on the 2nd as well. I've noticed though - that my Monday weight is always higher then my Friday weight - which means that I need to do a better job of keeping under control during the weekend!

I'm hoping that :santa: brings a scale for me to use at home. Then I'll revamp my weight. It'd be nice to be able to weigh in in the buff ... at home...no one peeking, or making me feel self conscious. So on the 30th (because I'm anal baout starting things at the beginning of the week) I'm starting over w/ a new weight - so the tickers may change... hopefully it'll say the low #180's :) hee hee then I'll be at my New Years Goal. But If santa doesn't bring one then I'm buying one for myself before the 30th.

Work is stressing my out to no end right now - it's ugly. I'm glad that it's Friday - and that I have the next 4 days off! I'm NOT taking any work home with me over the weekend!!! Then when I come back on Wednesday it'll all start again. blah...

Just feeling crappy - I'ms tressed, and I think I'm getting sick - which SUCKS! Ugh...

queenjane
12-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Got on the scale today...it wasn't as bad as I had thought. The way I feel and the way clothes are fitting, I would've sworn I was at least 10+ heavier than I am. So, onward from 216...

This will probably be my last post before the holiday, so best wishes to everyone to stay on whatever plan you're on, to maintain willpower over whatever your weakness might be, or to endulge just a little bit and get right back on track. Happy Holidays!

Eny: I lived in Flint from the time I was born until I moved away to college in the mid-1980s...we visit family there several times a month, and my work takes me there frequently, too. I know all too well about the economic ills (b/c I'm supposed to be helping to fix 'em!)

Enygirl
12-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Queen - see it wasn't so bad after all! If you're ever in the area - hop on - send me a message and we'll go get subway or Applebee's light menu or something! :)

I've lived here since '85 on...so 22 years now - I love it and hate it all at the same time!

SunshineRunner
12-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Hello Ladies! Well, I made it through my first round of Christmas parties and am down a lb! Yahoo! Actually went to DBF's mom's house for long story short - first 1/2 of her Christmas (going back Xmas Eve) and then to my office party the following night. Did good at DBF's mom's...ate a few more cookies than I should have...but didn't explode. Then came the work party..and all I did was drink drink drink. This is the first time since I started healthifying myself that I have drank...it was fun and I'm okay with having done it...everyone deserves fun sometimes!!! In any case...I made sure to dance off some of the beers I had....but not all unfortunately.

Well...that's about it for me...I can see everyone is crazy busy right now...good luck with the next few days everyone!
~Amanda

SunshineRunner
12-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Check it out - I'm halfway done!!! Yay!!! I just updated my tracker and how sweet is it to see my 1/2 way point! Yay!!!!

flower
12-23-2007, 12:41 PM
That is wonderful amanda! I just finished my 30 hours of walking! (black Friday-> Xmas Eve} I will get on scale in morning to see if I made my under 190 goal.

Enygirl
12-23-2007, 01:50 PM
WAY TO GO GATOR & FLOWER!! :bravo: That is awesome to see some major accomplishments!

I start my Christmas rounds today. Luckily my Dad's wife usually fixes semi-healthy things to eat... I just have to remember PORTION CONTROL!!! I'm allowing my self a max of 1800 cals/day now until Tuesday... and I'm uping the water intake to 80 oz a day to off-set the added cals.

Last night I had a craving for Jimmy Johns - so I gave into it. I ended up over 1600 cals for the day - 2ce this week!! I need to get myself under control again. #2.4 until my New Years goal - going to be tough if I don't stick with things - especially with the holidays in the middle of the week!!! :dust: for everyone this weekend!

SunshineRunner
12-24-2007, 12:22 AM
I just finished baking 10 dozen cut out cookies...still have to decorate them and then make 2 other types of cookies, fudge, and then maybe get some sleep before tomorrow. I have only eaten 1 crumb of 1 broken cookie..then threw the rest away. I'm in love with my baking, but am not sucumbing to the temptation..even though there is clearly tons of it in front of me....but I love baking and baking for others brings me joy...so I'm doing it!

Can't wait for 07 to be over with...the last weeks are exhausting!!!

flower
12-24-2007, 09:30 AM
The scale was mean today. Up a 1/2 pound, back to last Mondays W/I. 190.5. Okay, maybe I will have to W/I tomorrow and see if Santa thinks I am good enough to see the 180's!

Enygirl
12-24-2007, 10:18 AM
I made it through Christmas #1 yesterday and had 1451 cals. Not too bad at all! I'm proud of myself. :) I just need to keep it up through 3 more! Hope every one elses holidays are going great! Here's some :dust: for everyone!

SunshineRunner
12-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!! I have thus far gotten thru okay...the big news is that I am out of the 190's!!!! Nicely out of them at that!!! Yahoo~never thought I would see that happen this week...but I'm working hard towards my goal...I just cannot wait to see it. Merry Christmas ladies, check you all out in the morning!

flower
12-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Good for you, woohoo! I was 190 in my pj's today. I am making my Valentine's goal 179 or less and need to earn 200 WW activity points between now and then.

Enygirl
12-25-2007, 10:07 PM
WTG Gator & flower! :bravo:

I haven't weighed in after the Christmas feasting - but honestly I've doone pretty good eating. I allowed myself 1800 cals/day for Sat-Tues and the *worst* I did was 1763 - and that was with 2 Family Christmas get-togethers! I'm proud! :flow2:

Unfortunately :santa: didn't bring a scale for me - so that means I have to go out and get one this week. It's ok though - I'm starting over again on the 30th - and the weight will reflect my home scale rather then having to weigh in at work. I'll still weigh in at work in the morning though so that I can see what(if any) damage has been done to progress. I'll update the tickers then too.

I hope that you were all blessed with year during the holidays. Apparently some one thought I was a very, very good girl this year! :devil: I have them all fooled!

I'll "see" you in the morning!

SunshineRunner
12-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!! Hope your day was fabulous! Mine was good - I received more presents than I could ask for....I was sooo happy with the love my family showed for one another yesterday. It was a great day...fun fun fun! I feel good today - only ate 1 piece of fudge and 1 cookie yesterday...one plate for dinner ,no seconds, and my plate wasn't even bulging. My mother makes the best darn chocolate pie in the world and I didn't even have a slice...I wanted it pretty badly...told myself I was allowed to have it...I really did allow it...in my mind...then my healthy mind told me to wait until next year...and I did...that's pretty big..because seriously, nobody makes chocolate pie as rich as my mothers.

Eny - sorry you didn't get the new scale...but look at it this way...you can get the best one for you and step on a bunch of them at the store...and if you can get to a bed, bath, & beyond or linens-n-things...use one of those 20% of coupons they always have floating around....glad to hear you had a great Christmas.

Flower - glad to hear you are still at 190 in your pj's...probably less than that out of them..but hey...we all weigh ourselves differently! I'm not setting a valentines day goal as of yet...it hasn't really crossed my mind to do so and I just don't have a figure in mind...I just want to lose and hope to be at goal by the first week of May...if not sooner! I cannot believe I am over 1/2 way done with my little journey here....although I do believe I will adjust a bit lower after I hit goal and may attempt to get to 145...but we will deal with that when the time comes.

Anywho...back to work. Merry Christmas Ladies!

flower
12-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Oh, I weigh myself clothed because the scale is in the kitchen. I have 4 sons, can't undress in the kitchen and I refuse to move it back and forth any time I want to get on the scale. lol

Enygirl
12-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Lol - flower :)

I'm with you gator... I have an idea of what I want my V-day goal to be - but I'm not putting anything on a ticker until I know my starting point... which I won't know until I buy my scale :) I just know that scale vary based upon where they are... heck the one at work varies #6 from my cubicle to the one next to me! (I weigh in hers - it's less :)) It'll be so nice to have one at home. It's crazy - I swore I didn't want a scale because "weight didn't matter" and now it does matter a lot to me because I want to live to see my Grand children get married and not die because of my own endulgences...

Enygirl
12-27-2007, 08:29 AM
I bought my scale last night. If it is off from the one at work - it's not by much. I weighed in at #187... at home... in the buff :) It was very nice! I'm still #2.1 away from my New years mini goal - and I don't know if I'll hit it - but i'm dang close - and I'm going to keep pushing towards it!

Have a great day girls - here's some :dust: for you!

SunshineRunner
12-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Good Morning! Glad you got your scale Eny - much deserved! What are you going to do this week to achieve your New Years Goal?

I am going to lunch with my sister before she heads out of town today...BBQ - not sure how much damage I will do - it's hard to not eat a ton of BBQ - but I'm sure I'll stick to my guns and eat something healthy...sorta...kinda...oh well, already drinking tons of water to make up for it!

flower
12-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi friends. I got the kids cold. I achey, yuck. Gonna have to watch the food intake as I doubt I will get much excerisce in!

Enygirl
12-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm watching my cals extremely closly this week - and I'm upping the water from 64 oz to 80 oz a day. We'll see. I may not hit my goal - but I'm really really close! :) I'll keep you all posted on how close I get come Monday :)

SunshineRunner
12-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Good Morning Ladies! I kicked my own butt at the gym last night. 5.25 miles on the elliptical in 1 hour and then weights/resistance afterwards for 40 minutes or so...followed up with 30 minutes - 2.25 miles on the treadmill at intervals of both running and high speed walking. My legs hurt today...haha...like that wouldn't be the case right???

I ate well yesterday even though I went out to eat with my sister for BBQ...I just watched what I ate and only had 1/2 sandwich and fries...couldn't give up the fries...but hey...my plan does not require that...just moderation! Also - I wasn't trying to, but I didn't have one single diet soda yesterday...normally I have 2-3 cans per day...but I got a kettle for christmas and am making more hot tea (I hate microwaving water for tea...don't ask me why...just don't like it)...I guess that is filling my need for soda...

In any case, I hope this morn's soreness goes away so I can have a not so strenuous workout tonight at the gym!

How is everyone else doing this morning? P.S. My scale went down some more!
~Amanda

Enygirl
12-28-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm ok today. My whole family is ill with various aspects of a cold/flu... it's lovely. I'm actually the healthiest of all of us - but I'm playing hookie anyhow. I'm really tired - so I'm hoping that I can catch a nap today... :tired:

I'm still sticking with the plan - although i binged a little and had pizza - so I need to up the water to rid of the unwanted sodium. Someday this will all pay off right?

SunshineRunner
12-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Eny - sorry everyone is sick...I went through that earlier this month. Yuck!

YES!!! It will all pay off Eny - you know this and so do I!!!! Keep it up!!!

flower
12-28-2007, 10:27 AM
I got the cutest pair of shoes for free today. {freecycle} Check out my blog to see them! They match my size 16 capris perfectly. I tried my capri's on and they fit everywhere but the belly, I figure I have about 2-3 of belly fat to loose before they will zip. Since they are red, it would be the perfect Valentines outfit, if not I fit them for my birthday!

My chest is gettingt he worst end of this cold, but I am surviving I suppose. I have date night tnight. Dinner and movies. No children from 6pm til I pick them up tomorrow. :)

SunshineRunner
12-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Flower - your shoes and pants are cute...very festive for vday! What is freecycle? I get that it is free recycled shoes...but where at?

I got new jeans this weekend...they look nice on...at least I think they do..but who knows...my camera decided to poop out on me so I can't take any photos until I purchase a new one.

Anywho...have a splendiferous day!
~Amanda

flower
12-28-2007, 01:03 PM
It is a online community based on giving away products that are in good condition that would other wise clutter the landfills. I will PM you the link to the yahoo group closest to you. Join the group and you will get emails entitled Offer or Wanted , read the page rules before posting but it is a great way to get things for free or give away things you no longer need. freecycle.org is the main page if anyone else is curious. Kinda like a craigslist but no sales allowed.

queenjane
12-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Whew! Made it through Xmas with family AND I'm down a few :woohoo

I'm still catching up reading your posts (and getting to know the new faces here). I'll be back and in full support mode after the new year...until then, rock on!

--K

Enygirl
01-01-2008, 03:11 PM
:newyear: everyone!

queen - wtg on the loss! and welcome back!

I'm sick.. flu/cold type sick. It sucks! I left early on Thursday and took Friday off - now I'm supposed to go back tomorrow - and I just done't know if I'm going to be up for it. THIS SUCKS!!!

My offical weigh in from Sunday was #187 - which is awesome... I weighed in this morning too - for the NEw Years challenge - and I'm down to #185.2 - only #.3 away from my New Years goal... I'm proud!

Next mini goal - get out of the #180's before Kick off for the Big Game!!