Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-26-2007, 08:24 AM   #1  

Default Staying Present vs Why Bother

I just joined 3FC and am hungry for experiences (that's a first!) that have worked for you!

I frequently succomb to "Why Bother" when faced with an impulse to eat something unhealthy. Or, it seems, I forget that I've chosen to make healthy food choices. Now I know I really haven't "forgotten" but...I'm not sure what it really is.

Do you have experience with this? And, MOST IMPORTANTLY, how do you hit pause, refocus and stay present with your food choices?

Thanks!!!
angeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:01 AM   #2  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I think all of us do and have from time to time. Sometimes we say that was yesterday and today is today. We refocus get back on track and keep moving forward. Sometimes I have to think about what I am going to put into my mouth. Do I really need to eat 50 green olives. Would I rather use that fat somewhere else? I don't do without anything but green olives are the tragedy of my life. I didn't decide I really liked them until I found out 5 are good for you but 50 are not good for you lol. Some days are easy some days aren't so easy. We just keep in mind we have less to lose today than when we started. We rethink why we wanted to lose weight in the first place. Then, dust our selfs off and keep going.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:17 PM   #3  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

i wish i had the magic answer for you...some days i'm so deep in the food fog that i feel like i will never get better. then some days its like, food? who cares! i have life to live..

here are a few things that have helped:
-i read on a website once about "normal eating" -- at first stopping when you are full versus stopping when you are stuffed will feel arbitrary but eventually you will get the hang of it
-RELAX. tell yourself. "RELAX GIRL you can do this"
-take a deep breath
-count to 10, close your eyes
-realize that just b/c it is there doesn't mean you have to eat it
-overeating is not treating yourself with respect
-just try to eat a little less than you used to do
-get online and write to people who are in the struggle holla
mdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:04 PM   #4  

thanks for your responses.

i'm glad i don't have a problem with green olives.

i think i'll try "closing my eyes, taking a couple of deep breaths and telling myself to relax, girl".

graci!
Old 11-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

I've been having the same problem lately, angeline!! It started when I went back to visit my old college and fell back into the eating habits I had been in there. Since then I've really had a "what IS the point?!?!" attitude about the whole thing.

I've been binging -- eating food I normally don't even find appealing in ANY way -- and not exercising. I'm heading back to my ballet class tonight because I love it so much, but I have a feeling the sight of me in ballet gear is going to make me want to hurl after everything I've done to myself lately.

Ick.
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:51 PM   #6  

i hope the ballet class you enjoy will help give you a new point of view and rejuvenate your attitude. you're making great progress!!! onederland won't be too far away for you.

let us know.