100 lb. Club - Accountability/Planning/Menus: Nov 26-Dec 2

GirlyGirlSebas
11-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and more slender bodies

GirlyGirlSebas
11-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Whew! I'm back to work this morning, company is gone and, hopefully, this will be a "normal" week. My house has been full of sugary junk and calorie rich foods and my willpower was non-existent. There is still some left in the kitchen. As soon as I feel like I can handle it, I'll go in there and get rid of all of it! Today's goal: No sugar and lots of water.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

katmeow
11-26-2007, 09:36 AM
OMG I have been SO bad for the past few days. Fortunately I implemented some strategies and have only gained 3 pounds. Yes, it is alot but it could have been worse!

So I am back on track!

Breakfast was a Jimmy Dean's D-Lite

Snack will be fresh pineapple

Lunch will be a turkey, arugula and swiss sandwich on one piece WW bread with yogurt and stone ground mustard.

Afternoon snack will be baby carrots

Dinner is black bean and chicken soup that I made yesterday.

My goal is to try to lose those 3 pounds before the Christmas parties hit!

sharonrr1
11-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Hi Everyone,
I haven't been posting much lately. I have been OP and have been good about exercising. I have not lost or gained anything for a long time.
My goal for today is to do cardio interval for 40 minutes, go to my water exercise for 45 minutes. Drink 100 oz of water. I don't know why I find the water the hardest thing. I like water, but some days it doesn't happen.

hellokitty81668
11-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Good morning everyone..
I have been struggling , food wise, had a really bad binge day yesterday,but today will be better.
I just finished exercising.. 45 on the elliptical and 14 of general exercising.
bkfst... storeel cut oatmeal, honey, banana.
lunch....
veggie burgers with salad
dinner shrimp with cauliflower and 2 corn tortillas
snacks.. fruit and yogurt.
I can do this today!!!
cheryl

Tonia
11-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Wow. I have not been on my A game since school started (I am a teacher) and I am ashamed to admit that as I was reading your inspiring goals that I cannot come up with any myself...:yikes:

I will not exercise today as I am back to school, bunko is at my house and I am still hanging on to some sort of nasty upper respiratory thing that kept me in bed most of the holiday weekend.

Eating? Well, again the shame! Note the bunko and the uri as mentioned above. I had planned to make taco salad (mmmmmmm) but changed that to pizza when my oven broke (it really has been quite a weekend!).

Okay, given the above circumstances and my lack of being on a program anywho...my goal for today is to eat more salad that I would have otherwise! :crossed:

baby steps....

rakel
11-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Well, I'm up almost two pounds, so today the leftovers are gone and there are no more excuses. Back to calorie counting and back to exercising! No more set backs!

mj5
11-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Good Morning! I am hitting the gym today!!! My knee feels better....maybe I needed a couple days of rest? So far I am doing well w/ water. I brought more decaf tea bags to work, so I won't be tempted to 'just run out for coffee later'...well, I'll be tempted, but I'm not going to do it! I am feeling kind of puffy and bloated today, so I need to increase my water intake!

Have a great day!

Schmoodle
11-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Hello chicks,
I am relieved to get back to normal life after the long weekend. I made it through unscathed, so now to take my best shot at making my November goal - 2 lbs to go! I am approaching TOM so I'm hungry today, will combat with lots of water!

Breakfast was 1 piece pumpkin pie (sugar free and crustless), 2 oatmeal breakfast bars
Lunch will be a bowl of fish and veg soup and a glass of V8
Dinner will be steak and salad
For snacks, I've got nonfat greek yogurt, salad, and 3 bean salad

Have a great on-plan day everyone!
Rakel, your new picture is cute!

Slashnl
11-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone! Well, I stayed the same on the scale... again. I think it is a little bit of a victory though because I wasn't perfect over the holiday.

On plan with food today and I'll be getting in my exercise today. I need to bump up my water intake, too.

mj5
11-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Hi again! I succeeded w/ increasing water and getting to the gym! Yippee!!!

hellokitty81668
11-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Good Morning everyone!!!
mj... I am glad you are feeling better.
Kat , rakel, I gained 1lb right now, and know we can all do this and loose what we gained !!!
I was on plan yesterday and plan on being on plan today!! I just finished exercising( 46 minutes on the elliptical, and 14 minutes of general exercises.. I will do some weight lifting tonight)... and am making breakfast as I write this..
bkfst...... steel cut oatmeal, banana, honey.
lunch......veggie burgers, salad
dinner ... shrimp... ( last night I had tuna) with tortillas, and some type of veggie.
snacks..... ff yogurt, orange, banana, rice cakes....
I can do this today!!!!
Have a great on plan day today everyone !!!
cheryl

mj5
11-27-2007, 10:34 AM
I am officially back to my ticker weight! I am SOOOOOOOOO happy! Unfortunately, no gym for me today...dh woke up to a flat tire, so we dropped his car off this am to either be fixed or new tires on the front and I took him to work. I am not going to pick him up and then drive back in to go to the gym. I might try to do some of my yoga dvd later, though. Today's plan--lots of water! I am going out for lunch, so I am going to plan ahead and make sure I choose something yummy, but healthy!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
11-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

I slept in this morning, so I'm getting a late start. Yesterday wasn't an on-plan day for me. Hubby went grocery shopping yesterday afternoon and I asked him to please buy on-plan foods so we can get going on this again. This morning, I have a fresh re-start and I'm ready to have a great loss for Monday's weigh-in. Next week, I'll be in Minnesota again for training, so I need a great week. I'd like to see how much weight I can lose by the end of the year.

MJ- Congrats on making it back to your ticker weight! :carrot:
Diane - At this time of year, maintaining = victory.
Tonia - How did you do with the salad yesterday?

Slashnl
11-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi everyone. Had a pretty good day yesterday. We ate dinner very late, and that was not good. I woke up and I swear that I still had food in my stomach. Not a good feeling. I also hate that it is getting cold. I know that it is winter and this is supposed to happen... but it makes it so hard to stay outside and get the exercise. The kids and I went out last night, but it was very cold. My daughter has volleyball club tryouts on Saturday, so it is important for us to keep at it so that she's sharp for tryouts. My son's basketball doesn't start until January, but we're keeping him working out, too.

Rhonda, you sound better! I'm glad that you're getting back on plan. Sometimes we just have to take a time out!

MJ - Good for you! Now you can start moving that ticker lower! Awesome!

Cheryl - You'll lose that extra pound! No problem. We just all have to keep working! I know that with me, I am trying very hard not to scream when the scale doesn't move. I swear it is stuck. :)

nicolen
11-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Morning everyone.

I've been reading, but not posting for the last week or so - RL has meant that I just haven't had the time. A friend of mine's sister went missing on Thursday the 15th and I've been involved with the search and helping the family liaise with the police as all but my friend are profoundly deaf. Her body was found on Monday in a forest just north of the city, which is just devastating. We knew fairly early on that she wasn't going to be found alive, but you always hold a little bit of hope. A man was arrested yesterday and charged with her murder, so at least the family aren't going to be looking at everyone they pass wondering if they know something about what happened to Emma. Not sure when the funeral will be - as of last night, the police and coroner hadn't released her body, so I don't see it being before Saturday in any case.

Eating wise, I've been off track - I've either been eating rubbish or nothing at all. Time to get back on track, I think. I've made a menu plan for the next few days and that'll get me started.

Take care everyone :hug:

rakel
11-27-2007, 02:37 PM
I've lost .5lb from my thanksgiving aftermath weight (it was actually the days after thanksgiving that did me in, sigh, if only I stuck to my plan!!!) today, so the scale is at 278.5. My exercise clothes are in the dryer right now, and as soon as those are done I'm heading off to the weight room. Here's to hoping for 277.5 tomorrow!

katmeow
11-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Nicole... so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter :(. My thoughts and prayers are with you. That is just devastating.

rakel
11-28-2007, 12:16 AM
Wow Nicole, I just read your post... that's absolutely terrible :( My prayers are with the family!

Just checking in to confirm my exercise: 15 (INTENSE) minutes on the bike. I went a little too gusto and it burnt me out from doing more, so I went for a 15 minute walk as well.

mj5
11-28-2007, 05:37 AM
Good Morning!

Rhonda--Lucky you for getting to sleep in! YEA for a fresh re-start! I know you can do this! Oooh, Minnesota, that sounds cold this time of year!

Diane--I know your daughter will do great at her tryouts! I know, it's hard to believe that not too long ago I was complaining that it was too hot to workout!

Nicole--I am so very sorry about your friend's sister. I wish I knew what to say, but I just don't. It seems like that has been so much senseless violence lately. You and your friends family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Rakel--Keep up the good work!

So as for me, I have been doing really well as far as making healthy food choices--even when I went out to lunch yesterday. Tonight I am going back to the gym--hubby's car is fixed and it isn't going to cost a small fortune. Work is still hectic, but I am trying to take things one thing at a time (easier said than done sometimes!).

I am going to try to do some holiday shopping this weekend--we are actually in pretty good shape, don't have a lot left to do.

Since I am up at this ridiculously early hour, I am going to make out our grocery list and start getting ready for work--there are some errands I can take care of on my way to work, so I might as well do them early!

Have a great day!

hellokitty81668
11-28-2007, 08:06 AM
Nicole ... I am so sorry for what is happening with you right now, you are in my thoughts right now.
I ate a piece of danish last night :(, I bought it because my daughter had to get up for a field trip at 5:20 in the morning, and I needed a quick breakfast), mistake.. it is over and I am over it.
I did well yesterday, otherwise..
Today I am exausted.. I have been up since 3:30 in the morning. My daughter's school went to the outerbanks of N.C. for the next 3 days, she was up since that time, I guess nervous energy, so I have been up. I had to take her to get the bus @ 6:00 am . I am going to exercise, eat and probably , hopefully take a nap... I am not cleaning, and am not cooking for just my Son and I dinner( hubby is out of town , working), he can open up a can of chilli, and I am going to boil some eggs. I can do this no matter how tired I am today.
bkfst........ steel cut oatmeal, banana, honey
lunch.... 2 veggie burgers, salad
dinner.. hard boiled eggs, 2 corn tortillas
snacks... ff yogurt, orange, rice cakes.. The danish is gone so I don't have to worry about it.
Have a great day everyone!!
cheryl

katmeow
11-28-2007, 09:26 AM
I actually walked this morning for 45 minutes. It is cold but beautiful here in Atlanta.

breakfast after the walk was a poached egg, canadian bacon and LC cheese on 1/2 a WW english muffin (I have a cool microwave egg poacher I highly recommend)
lunch will be leftover homeade chicken noodle soup
dinner will be spaghetti pie and salad
snacks are cut up veggies today

Slashnl
11-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Katmeow - I have one of those egg poachers. What a great thing!!

Nicole - Let me just add my condolences. What a terrible thing. It is just scary to see what can happen in today's society.

Cheryl - I hope you get the nap in today. It is so hard when you have to get up super early. I hate that dragging feeling for the rest of the day.

MJ - Can you possibly be a little more productive over there??!! Sounds like you are getting a lot done today. (I have to envy the organized!!)

Rakel - Good job on the exercise!

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I am hoping to get some exercise in at lunch today, but it is plenty cold. Maybe that will make for a quicker pace in walking! I went out with the kids last night, but we had to leave after 45 minutes because of the cold. As we were leaving, there was a group of teenaged boys gathering to play lacrosse. One of them had shorts on!!! I guess when you're young, the cold doesn't bother you. Brrrrrr!

Have a great day everyone!

nicolen
11-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Good morning everyone!

Thanks for your sympathy about Emma. They're going to release her body to the family today by the sounds of things and then there will be a private funeral. As you can imagine, this has caused a lot of media attention around here and the family have just had enough of it all. Time to move on - or as much as we all can, anyway.

A good day yesterday - stuck to my calories and exercised. Today it's the gym - I've got an appointment with the personal trainer so that'll be good to give me some new ideas. I'm starting to get bored with my exercise routine.

Rakel, go you! You're doing so well at the moment

MJ, it's incredible what you can get done when you're up just a little bit earlier than normal.

Cheryl, forget about the danish and move on. It's done and it sounds like you've got the rest of today sorted.

Kat, WTG with the walking! That's awesome!

Diane, cold weather makes exercise difficult. At least you managed 45 minutes yesterday.

Have fun everyone :hug:

mj5
11-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Hi everyone! I cannot believe I am still functioning! I hope this means I will sleep well tonight!

Cheryl--Must have been somthing in the air today...I was up early too! Hope you were able to take a nap!

Diane--Ha! My ambition and organization comes and goes...I have to take advantage of it while I am in the mood! I have to be organized at work, so that does trickle over into my home life! Hope you get a nice walk in at lunch!

Nicole--Yea, sometimes that's all you can do, is try to move on and resume some sort of normalcy. I know when my dad died, I kept my routine of going to the gym (yep--even though I would get teary eyed while I was there). Some of my family thought I had totally lost it....what they didn't understand, was that was one thing I could do to get away. I hope your trainer can give you some new ideas.

ok, I have to get ready for yet another meeting! I AM going to the gym tonight! I want to be able to move that ticker finally!!!

Beverlyjoy
11-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Today I want to eat in a sane healthful manner! Do my stretches and drink lots of water.

Breakfast - ff cottage cheese, canned peaches, pnb toast
snack - veggies
lunch - veggie omlette, fruit, salsa, english muffin (out with my Mom)
snack - yogurt, crackers
dinner - grilled salmon, baked potato, green bean salad (canned green beans, drained with lite ltalian dressing)
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk

rakel
11-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Cheryl: See, I'm not a huge fan of danish, donuts, etc, so they are never a temptation for me, but sometimes it's just convenient to get them. But I have noticed that since I started my program, I have even LESS of a taste for them, and it's just not worth it! Maybe next time make sure you have a granola bar and some easily portable fruit, like grapes, a banana, an apple, etc! Though I'm sure you know that.

But really, I'm losing a taste for a lot of sweets. The only thing I really like anymore is a good piece of pure chocolate (dark or milk). Now, ice cream has always been one of my weaknesses (i.e. buy the pint and eat the whole thing), but I can't eat just ANY ice cream. My favorite is Ben & Jerry's -- but usually not all of the weird flavors with brownies and nuts and etc. B&J has a Strawberries and Cream that is LIGHT. It is the best thing ever... and of course, they don't stock it at any grocery store I can find. The only place I can find it are at random 7-11's -- lol. But really, I haven't been eating much ice cream, maybe some chocolate here and there. I mostly eat some sugar free pudding to satisfy my sweet, chocolaty tooth!

BTW, thanks for your encouragement everyone! My goal is to do more of a moderate workout (since intense is too intense for me and I end up burning out after 15 minutes) for 30 minutes, but try to keep my HR between 60% and 80% most of the time. Down to 278 today, hoping to see 277 tomorrow :)

hellokitty81668
11-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Good Morning all,
Rakel... That is great that you are loosing your desire for sweets, I wish I could catch that. For a while I didn't want sweets, now that it is colder outside and darker, I feel so much like eating and eating.. Like a mama bear who is ready to hibernate .
Laurie Dawn...Where are you girl???
I did good yestereday, I didn't go off plan, ate yogurt and fruit for snacks and stayed in my calorie limit...
Today I ate an early breakfast , 30 minutes ago, I got up and felt hungry ,and all I had was instant oatmeal in the house , so I had an envelope with a banana and some water.. I am going to exercise in about another hour or so, and will do this today!! I am worth it, and I feel so much better when I stay close to plan instead of binging.
Lunch...... spinach buritto with mustard..
dinner.... baked salmon with salad
snacks....... yogurt, tangerine, rice cakes..
I can do this today!!!!
Have a great on plan day everone!!!
cheryl

katmeow
11-29-2007, 08:41 AM
I feel so much more on track when I come here and log my food day in writing! It really helps me stay on plan. Does anyone else notice there are days that this lifestyle feels easy as pie and others where it just seems impossible? For me it really really helps to actually look forward to at least two of my meals per day.

Breakfast is Kashi cereal stirred into Activia
Lunch will be LC Butternut squash and cherry tomatoes
Dinner is Mexican Fiesta Flank Steak wrapped in burrito (SO yummy) and a salad
Snacks will be an apple and a couple of plums (saving a few points for dinner)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Beverlyjoy
11-29-2007, 08:46 AM
I almost binged last night...went to bed at 9:30. It was the only thing that saved me. I worked late and didn't get home til almost 7:00. I was tired and hungry - but, thankfully didn't eat too much ( a few things not planned, but, still within my limits)

Today-

stretches
ice and heat on my aching peices and parts
journalling food and food value
meditation
water, water, water
going to the pool

breakfast - egg white scramble, 1/2 banana, pnb toast
snack - veggie
lunch - HC chicken noodle soup, ff cottage cheese
snack - yogurt, baked apple
dinner - turkey Italian sausage, peppers and onions on polenta (instant Grits;))
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk

Schmoodle
11-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Morning chicks,
Here is today's menu:
B - Eggs and turkey bacon
S - crackers and LCLC, V8
L - Fish Soup
S - Latte
D - Mediterranean Chicken
S - Greek yogurt with agave nectar and almonds

GirlyGirlSebas
11-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

Today is day 1 for being 100% on-plan. I planned ahead and I'm ready to do this again. Today's main goal - to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks and not get hungry. Today is my "baby's" birthday....she's 8. Yikes! Time goes by so quickly. I bought a small cake for her. I plan on having only two or three small bites of my piece, then the remainder can go downstairs to my MIL's apartment after everyone has a slice. I just can't have that stuff in the house.

Diane - did you manage to get in a walk yesterday? Its pretty cold here today. But, next week I'm in Minnesota. I have a feeling that I don't really know what cold is yet!
Nicole - How was your session with the personal trainer?
MJ- Did you get some good rest last night?
Cheryl - I actually remembered to start my steel cut oatmeal in the crockpot last night. I find that I have more willpower when I start my day off with a cup of the oatmeal. The instant just isn't the same, huh?
Katmeow - Yeah, I definitely have days that are extremely easy, then other days where I struggle. Unfortunately, I haven't had many of the easy days recently. I think I'm due!:D
BeverlyJoy - Great job with avoiding the binge!

Slashnl
11-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Had a pretty good day yesterday. I don't feel like I'm having outstanding days, just good days. Maybe if I could bump up to the outstanding days, I'd see more results. :) Anyway, I got my walk in at lunch and went out with the kids, so exercise was good. I think I'll be able to do the same today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

katmeow
11-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Cheryl,

Will the steel cut oatmeal hang out in the fridge as leftovers? How many days?

Schmoodle
11-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Ooooh, TOM hungries are here today! I've already been through my breakfast and morning snack and I am so hungry right now and can't wait for lunch. We left the soup out of the refrigerator last night, so now I have to find another option for lunch (and throw it out, grrr!). I hate this TOM, the next couple of days will be so hard. Only consolation is I have no chocolate in the house to torment me.

nicolen
11-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Hey everyone!

Another good day yesterday food and exercise wise. Stuck to my calories and had my personal training session. I am making progress, which is good even if I'm not losing weight - but that's mainly due to making bad food choices for the last 2 weeks. I've had 3 good days in a row, so I'm aiming for 4.

Work was interesting. The people who lost their jobs with the redundancies have basically been walking out - can't say I blame them for that. Added to that, our head office in Australia has been having computer issues and kept taking our server down yesterday. Fun fun fun.

Today I'm heading to the pool after work for exercise, so should be fun.

MJ, how are you doing after your busy day? Did you get to the gym?

Rakel, I wish I could lose my taste for sweet stuff. Mmm - chocolate...

Cheryl, I find I eat more in winter as well - and more heavy comfort type food.

Kat, totally agree. Some days it's so easy to stay on plan and other days I seem to spend the whole day talking myself into making healthy choices.

Beverly, go you with not binging. Fantastic!

Schmoodle, some days I'll have eaten my whole lunch by lunchtime - pleased it's not just me!

Rhonda, how did the birthday go?

Diane, good days are better than off plan days....

Take care everyone! :hug:

rakel
11-29-2007, 03:42 PM
ARG. Yesterday I totally went over my calories without even realizing it until the damage had been done, though I did get 35m of exercise done. I'm hoping that the extra weight today is mostly related to water, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

hellokitty81668
11-30-2007, 07:59 AM
Good morning everyone...... I hope everyone is doing good???
I am feeling bad today.. don't know if it is a coming of a cold, or PMS.. I have a really bad headache and am a little dizzy, I am hoping it calms down enough for me to exercise. I didn't do so well in the snack dept, ate too many low cal snacks, way too many. Today is a different day, I went out and bought some fruit and yogurt so hopefully this will help. I also bought a new cereal.. 7 grain hot cereal, because I couldn't get steel cut oatmeal ( the store that sells it here has 16 ounces or 24 ounces for $8, and if I go to Earthfare( like Whole foods) in another city it cost 90 cents a pound... I am going there this weekend and will stock up for two weeks. The 7 grain hot cereal has flaxseed, oatmeal, barley ect...... 1/4 cup dry = 140 calories..... hopefully I will like it.
Hopefully I will get my exercise in today, I might not if I am still dizzy.
bkfst will be the 7 grain hot cereal, honey and banana
lunch will be ... either veggie burgers, or veggie burritto..
dinner will be..... maybe a mini amy's pesto pizza?
snacks... black and rasberries, yogurt, and rice cakes..
I can do this today I am worth it!!
Have a great on plan day everyone..
cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
11-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Good morning, Everyone....and TGIF!

Another birthday down. Now, I just need to get through this trip next week, Our Anniversary, Christmas and company, then New Years.:dizzy: I had great plans for handling the cake and spaghetti yesterday, but my willpower wasn't up to full speed quite yet. I had a great on-plan day until dinner. Today, I'm going for it again. The good news is that I'm maintaining this week and not gaining. But, I'd like a loss. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Diane - I understand about the "good" days. If we keep trying, I'm sure we're going to have those "outstanding" days.
Katmeow - I cook a crockpot full of steel cut oatmeal, then refrigerate it for 3-4 days. It heats up nicely in the microwave.
Schmoodle - How are you doing with the Tom hungries.
Nicole - Did you make it through day 4 yesterday?
Rakel - I have my fingers crossed for you that you're just having water weight.
Cheryl - I hope you feel better soon. Pamper yourself a bit...you deserve it!

Beverlyjoy
11-30-2007, 09:09 AM
I have got a busy day - get oil changed, storytelling at an elementary school, go to bank etc.

water, water, water
meditate
journal food, food value, & feelings (when necessary)
stretches

breakfast - oatmeal, flax, milk, egg scramble, 1/2 banana
snack - veggies
lunch - HC soup, turkey and lite mayo
snack - baked apple, crackers
dinner - veggie burger with lite cheese on lite bun, veggies
snack - pnb toast, lite cocoa

I meditated this morning...it feels good. I should make myself do it more often.:)

Schmoodle
11-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Morning chicks, I did okay yesterday with the hungries, stayed on plan until I found a forgotten sundae cone in the back of my freezer and before I knew it I was gnawing away. But I stopped after two bites and threw it in the trash, so I still consider it a victory! Hopefully today I won't be so hungry, we'll see...
Tomorrow is weigh-in so I want to be good.
I need to go shopping, so not a lot of options today - I'll have:
B - turkey bacon, V8, cereal
S - deviled eggs, raw carrots and peppers
L - spinach salad with turkey
S - triscuits with LCLC, raw veg
D - some kind of concoction with mozzarella, sauce, and turkey pepperoni to take to my mom's for pizza night?? I've got a green pepper, maybe I can stuff it in there and bake it... and salad
S - yogurt with almonds and agave nectar
May have a glass of wine to toast the weekend!

Rhonda, I've got my fingers crossed for you. I think you're doing a great job of hanging in there despite the social events and travel - those are always challenging!
Have a great on-plan day cheryl and beverlyjoy!
Hang in there Rakel!

Slashnl
11-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi everyone. I'm so glad it is Friday! Busy weekend planned, but I'll be glad to get away from work. We're supposed to get some storms with big snow in the mountains. I just hope it stays up there!!!

Schmoodle - Good job on throwing the sundae cone away! Even though our initial reaction isn't always good, it's nice that common sense comes back!

Rhonda - Dinner is the most difficult meal I have to get through. I feel your pain on that one!!

Rakel - Hang in there, we'll all hope for the best!

Cheryl - Hope you get to feeling better!

rakel
11-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Rhonda, Schmoodle, and Diane -- Thanks for your hang-in-there's and finger crossings. Whatever you did worked, and I stepped on the scale today, wonderfully surprised to see 277 staring back at me. OH YEAH!! So I guess that last pound was indeed just water weight, and then I lost another pound off that.

I also took my measurements. The last time I took them was Nov. 23, right after thanksgiving. I took waist - 46.5, hips - 52, bra - 44.5 (forgot to take others I guess!). Today I am: bra: 43.5 - bust: 49.5 (last I measured it was around 50 I think) - waist: 46 - hips: 52. Whoo hoo! I'm slowly melting away :D

I have been avoiding my old, smaller clothes for awhile because I didn't want to be obsessing over them and trying them on every day. I actually sealed them up in airtight bags. Well today, in the height of my euphoria of actually losing that stubborn pound, I pulled down the sealed bags and started pulling things out... and the good news is this -- my 22s fit... completely. I am now, officially, a 22! I still have some 24s that fit, but most of them are just way too baggy. Another 10lbs and they'll probably fall off of me.

Slashnl
11-30-2007, 05:29 PM
You rock, Rakel!

Schmoodle
11-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Rakel that is really great! New old clothes are so much fun!

mj5
11-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi everyone! Phew, made it through another hectic week. I ate very healthy today, but did not go the gym. I planned to go shopping right after work and I did. We are supposed to get snow starting late tonight and I just didn't want to deal w/ it and the crowds tomorrow, so I went tonight. I even treated myself to some new clinique lip glosses--LOVE them! I didn't find a lot of items, but it's ok, it's early--I have plenty of time.

It seems like my 'new' wake up time is 5am--that has been consistent for this week and most of last week (if not earlier). I am not going to go to the gym at that hour--it isn't early enough to work out and come back home to get ready and I just don't want to drag everything w/ me......so tonight I also found a Yoga for Weight Loss dvd--there are several different sections--a 15 min, a 30 min, and an hour. I really wanted to get one of the WATP dvd's but I asked for one for Christmas so I really couldn't go ahead and buy one for myself! Besides, starting the day w/ a little yoga might be nice! I'll check it out tomorrow. If nothing else, it will be a way to get a little more exercise into my day.

I have also decided what we are taking to my inlaws for our holiday gathering in two weeks. Instead of the yummy salad and the high calorie high fat dip and chips, I am taking the yummy salad and a fresh fruit salad--the best part is......I am ordering the fresh fruit salad from a local restaurant! It is cheaper than what I could buy the fruit for and I don't have to take the time to cut it all up! I have had it before...they use all kinds of melon, pineapple, strawberries, grapes, etc. I don't know where they get their fruit from, but it is SO good, even this time of year.

Ok I have rambled on and on......long enough. (I'm getting tired, can't you tell?) Have a great night! I'm sure I'll be around tomorrow!

hellokitty81668
12-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Good Morning all!!
Mj.. I am having the same problem, waking up too early :(.
Rakel.... congrats on the #'s , you are doing great!!
I am doing ok.. deteremined not to give up!! I just did 35 minutes on the elliptical and ate some hot cereal/banana... and am going to get myself together to go to Sam's club and get some supplies for the next two weeks. Then it is off to Petsmart( after putting things away from Sam's ) and T.J. Maxx.
Lunch... tuna with crackers.
dinner. amy's veggie lasagana.
snacks.... yogurt, fruit.
I can do this today!!
Have a great Saturday everyone...
cheryl

nicolen
12-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Morning everyone,

Had a very busy day yesterday, so didn't get a chance to check in. I was up early, went to the gym and then bussed down to the greengrocers for my fruit and veg. They had cherries and apricots, so it's safe to say that summer is here. Last year we didn't get any summer fruit till well after Christmas which meant we had to do some thinking about what to do on the day. Came back home and went out with some friends for lunch - which turned into hitting the markets and a walk in the botanic gardens. Ended up getting home about 4pm.

Today I'm going to go for a swim in a few minutes then I'll attack the housework later on this morning. Hopefully I'll have a chance to relax this afternoon.

Have fun everyone! :hug:

rakel
12-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Yesterday wasn't so good, we had some friends come over and had a few mixed drinks (with barely any alcohol to be considered a mixed drink, btw!) -- though the food I ate wasn't too bad. This shouldn't set me back too much, and I'm exercising today! Onward ho!

mj5
12-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Cheryl--Sorry to hear you are waking up too early too! At least I see to be waking at a more reasonable hour--I can deal w/ 5am during the week, today was 6:15am--way, way too early for a Saturday, but I was able to get all of my chores done first thing this am!

Nicole--It's funny to hear you talk about 'summer fruit'....I was just complaining to my hubby the other night as we were putting our groceries away that I finally had to go back to buying frozen veggies, rather than fresh because the fresh either looks bad or is way too expensive right now! Enjoy all the yummy fresh stuff!!! Hope you get some time to relax this weekend!

Rakel--What did you do for exercise today?

As I said to Cheryl, I "slept in" today...HA!!!! I got up at 6:15, which for me lately is sleeping in....at least I was able to get my housework done first thing this am! I just have some laundry left to do. I WILL be taking a nap later! I have taken the dogs out to play in the snow a few times already and I'm sure we'll be out more throughout the day. Not sure if that counts for much exercise for me, but definitely for them! They are having SO much fun!

Not too much planned for today....I am going to do a little more online shopping and maybe watch a movie.

Have a great day!

rakel
12-01-2007, 03:53 PM
mj -- I just did 35m on the exercise bike and feeling quite refreshed! We're going to Kobe tonight for a friends birthday (a Japanese hibachi grill), I think I'll just get the veggies and take half of it home, and eat a big salad an hour or two before we leave.

mj5
12-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone! I hope everyone is doing ok! It sure has been quiet around here this weekend!

Rakel--Good for you for getting in your exercise! I am going to go outside and shovel in a little while...one of my least favorite things to do!!!! But, hubby had to be at work early today and even earlier tomorrow, so I'll try to give him a break. Hope you had fun w/ your friends last night!

My exercise will be shoveling....I always discover muscles I never knew I had whenever I shovel! Hubby has requested roast beef and potatoes for dinner which sounds really good since it is snowing and freezing (18 degrees outside right now)....so I am going to make sure I make extra good healthy choices throught the day and that I am not starving at dinner so I don't over-eat.

Other than that, just finishing the laundry and snuggling w/ the dogs today!

Slashnl
12-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Hey everyone! I, too, am in the early riser's club. It has been getting worse over the past few months and I'm not sure why. Yesterday, I was awake at 4:00. Part of that was a little anxiety for my daughter's tryouts. I really try to not do that, but I know how important it is for her. (they seemed to go pretty good yesterday... we have 2 more hours of tryouts today and then we play the waiting game.) I think from the stress at work, the nervousness for my daughter, and lack of sleep, I've developed a little eye twitch. Nothing noticeable, just one of those things that drive you crazy!!!!

I haven't exercised for the past two days, so I need to find a way to work it in. I've been pretty good with food and being on plan there. Oh, and I need to step up the water intake.

Big laundry day for me. Oh, and the grocery store. I'm hoping to get it all done!!! ha!

nicolen
12-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Hey everyone!

Count me in the early risers club as well. I'm up at 5am every morning. Originally it was so I'd get to the gym before work, but the gym opens at 6am which makes it a bit difficult to get an hour workout in, shower and get ready for work and get there before I start at 7:30am.

A good day yesterday both food and exercise wise, so I'm on a bit of a roll at the moment. I'm down approx 3lbs from last week, so that's good. Today the plan is to hit the gym after work and I might go for a walk after dinner if I'm in the mood.

Rakel, how did you go yesterday?

MJ, I know what you mean. During the northern summer I was reading everyone's posts about the heat while I was shivering right next to the heater.

Diane, hopefully you don't spend too much time on the chores and can get some exercise in.

Laurie, Sara, Liliann and everyone else, how are you all? Check in if you're about!

Take care everyone! :hug:

mj5
12-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi again! I just realized that my new yoga dvd also came w/ a 15 min cd that you listen to in the am while in bed--hey, I can do that! Seriously, though, it takes you through a series of breathing exercises to help you energize for the day. Hmm, sounds interesting. I am going to give it a try. Why not? Even though I have been wide awake early, I have been exactly 'energized' at work.....we'll see. I looked at some of the yoga dvd. I definitely have to modify because of my knee, but that's the beauty of yoga--it's all about doing what you can do to the best of your ability. I am excited to give it a try.

Diane--Oh, no! I hope you can relax!

Nicole--YEA! a 3lb loss is great!!! Wow, another early riser! If you are hot and sweaty today...just think about me just coming in from outside, covered in snow from shoveling my driveway! ;)

Ok, I need a nice hot shower! Have a great day!

rakel
12-02-2007, 01:54 PM
I had fun alright, but I'm also up another pound. ARG! Well, I'm about to head over to the exercise room. I'm going to try 45 minutes this time.

karen530
12-02-2007, 02:19 PM
We have a football dinner tonight and I'm bringing several desserts. (My oldest is a senior in high school and every year the Junior class hold a special awards ceramony/dinner for the graduating players). So my plan for the day is to PLAN my meals/portions/calories for the day, so that I'm not making last minute decisions at the dinner tonight. I'm going to save a good portion of my fat and carbs for tonight and enjoy small portions of whatever looks really good.

rakel
12-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Good luck Karen! Those kinds of things are always pretty tempting, but I'm sure you can do it :)

karen530
12-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks rake! I'm feeling pretty good about the day. I just took a peak at your blog. Congrats on your progress! and approaching wedding day!

Schmoodle
12-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Good Morning chicks,
I was good all weekend long, except for a small piece of tiramisu I treated myself to on Saturday night. Otherwise, i've been spot on-plan for days now. It did not show at weigh-in on Saturday, but I started TOM Friday and haven't done great with exercise, so I am not surprised. But I'm expecting great things this week!
Today's menu:
Breakfast - deviled egg, oatmeal breakfast bar, coffee
Snack - turkey bacon, V8
Lunch - 3 bean salad, leftover salmon
Snack - Celery with LCLC, latte
Dinner - Baked Ricotta Chicken with salad
Snack - Nonfat Greek Yogurt with almonds and agave nectar

Have a great on-plan day chicks!

hellokitty81668
12-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Good Morning all,
My TOM is here, and I had my really first bad days because of it, I just had the munchies bad, I did exercise, Saturday, but took the day off Sunday. Today is a new day, I did 47 minutes on the elliptical, and am hoping to get some weight lifting in this evening. I have all ready been to the bank, insurance and went to Kmart, to do some shopping..
I am really happy, I found out what I have in my hands.. I get this condition where my hands get really dry, itchy and the skin starts to peel.. ezcema( sorry about spelling), I was told it is... I don't have health insurance so I have been trying different things, I just went out and bought some special lotion for it and know what to do :).
bkfst was hot cereal.. banana and honey
lunch is going to be amy's veggie lasagana..
dinner... veggie chilli
snacks...... yogurt and berries.
I can do this today!!!!
Have a great on plan day everyone.
cheryl

nicolen
12-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Morning all,

I'm pleased yesterday is over. Emma's funeral was yesterday and it was a lovely service. Very difficult as well, obviously. It looks as if the trial won't go ahead till late next year and they're probably going to look at moving it to another city because he won't get a fair trial here. Not sure where they can move it to because this whole thing got a lot of media attention nationwide, not just locally...

Apart from that, yesterday was a good day. I only managed 30 minutes at the gym but that's better than nothing. Will try and do better today.

MJ, the DVD and CD sound great! I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of them

Rakel, how was your day yesterday?

Karen, how was your dinner?

Schmoodle, if you started TOM on Friday you're going to have a great weigh in this week!

Cheryl, look at you go! You're very organised, that's for sure! Hopefully the new lotion will help the ecksma. (I can't spell it either!)

Have fun everyone! :hug: