Old 11-26-2007, 07:24 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something Chat Mon. Nov. 26th

GOOD MORNING!!!!

Back to the grind today! Just finished my workout, gave DS breakfast, gotta get in the shower. Raked leaves and did yard work on Sat. Yesterday we decorated for Christmas. Put up a fake tree this year, we thought we's give it a try since we always get real ones, and I got a 7 ft. tree on clearance for 8.00 last year. Well, the kids weren't happy about it, but when they started decorating it, they got into it. It's not a big as the trees we get, but it looks nice and it's saving us 45.00, not to mention allergies & clean up!!!

hey, I weighed myself today, and I'M ONLY UP 4/10 OF A POUND!!! I can't believe it after two days of eating turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing and desserts!!! Fantastic!!! I thought it would be at least 3-4 pounds...esp. considering it was TOM & I was eating like a PIG!!

GG-so great about the gym!!! Proud of you!!!

Alicia-glad you had a good time. My brother & his wife drove from TX to PA
(30 hours one way) they left Tues. Night and got back ome last night...ugh! I'm so glad the rest of my family is within 20 mins. of us! HOpe you recover!

Hanna-hope you are feeling better...gotta get in shape for your BBQ this weekend, right?

HOpe everyone else had a good weekend...

Cleaning day today...better get in the shower & get started. Have a great day all!!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..nothing really exciting to report. Its raining here again...yeah...we need more but at least its something. Off to work i go.
hope everone has a great day!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! Well it's back to the salt mines of education today. It's nice and warm down here and amazingly I didn't gain too much weight over the holiday. Actually when I weighed myself yesterday morning I had lost a lb over the holiday, but this morning I was up to 153.5. ARGH!!! Hopefully, it will start going back down today.

I hope that everyone had a wonderfully blessed and excitingly fun Thanksgiving.
Lobacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:36 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

I'm up 1.6 since last time I weighed, which was 11/15. So I'm only at 11.6 down. Time to get back on the ball! Actually, in my defense, the hag was here on her broom the past few days, so hopefully that's contributing a bit.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

lobo- good job on keeping the wt off thr the wkened. I only weigh myself once a week so i don't see those fluctuations daily....it would drive me batty

laruen - hopefully you'll get back in gear.

got a lunch break today at work..its been a bit slow. Also, found out at lunch today that my gpa finally passed a short bit ago. Of corse i'm sad, but happy he's no longer suffering. He's been holding out for a while. He lived over a month longer than they thought he'd live..and pretty much hadn't eaten in almost 4 wks. So its good he's finally at rest. Hopefully he's at peace.

Hope everyone else is having a better day. Take care all.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Pam ~ You go Girl! Good for you for getting back in the saddle this morning. You are doing GREAT!

GG ~ so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Sounds like his passing was a blessing but that makes it no less sad. Joining the gym seems to be working out very well for you. Keep up the good work.

Lobocal ~ what grade do you teach? It's always tough to go back to work after a holiday. Hopefully, your day is flying by.

Mornin' Lauren ~ real tree or fake tree in the new digs this year?

Christina ~ so sorry to read of your FIL's death. I think that you were wise to keep the little guy at home. He's so young and it would have probably scared him to see his Grandpa like that.

Hanna ~ You poor girl!!! Let us know what the doctor has to say. Big hug...

Alicia ~ All of that driving is exhausting. BTW, I'm so happy that you got the house that you wanted. That moved fast!

BJ ~ Hope that you had a Happy Turkey Day. Did you spend it with the fam?

MO ~ hello there dearie:-). Hugs to you!

Kerri ~ Did you travel to AZ already? I can't remember when you were going. How are the new living arrangements working out?

Michelle ~ hope that all is well in your neck of the world. How is that beautiful baby?

Lisa ~ feeling better?

Rooster, KarenK, Sheila & Laurie ~ hello???

For all of you that went to work today ~ I feel for you... Man, I remember hating to get up and head off to work after a holiday weekend. I'm so thankful that I get to stay at home these days. Who knows how long it will last so I need to appreciate it while I can! I spent all morning running errands and spent a fortune in the process... Ugghh. I went into Target to 4 things and came out with a cart full. The grocery store was even worse. I still have to get the majority of my xmas gifts... double Ugghhh...

I am up 4 lbs!!! I did so well on Thanksgiving Day in having one plate of food and didn't even touch the dessert. This weekend was a completely different story. We were invited to a party Saturday night ~ appetizers and desserts galore. Back on track today (thus far). Hope that everyone has an excellent day ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello all!

GG so sorry about your loss, but I know what you mean, he is definitely in a better place, no more pain, the family was expecting it already sadly to say, but as I think about situations like this the have already grieved so much thought out all this time of him being sick, hopefully in between tears and sadness you will be able to remember the great times wow go girl, I am glad you are enjoying the gym.

Loba good luck today w/all the kids, I know it is hard coming back from a week off. You may just be retaining water!

Joan I thought there were no calories or weight gain on holidays LOL. I am sure you are going to get back on track, this is a difficult time of the year to loose. How is your medicine working, is your face better? Good luck w/all the X-mas shopping.

Lauren I would 100% blame it on the hag and the broom.

Pam great job! no, no bbq here this weekend, my back is not doing good at all, I can't move to easily. this has never happened to me before DFIL says I am starting the age of "this has never happened before" I don't think it is a good thing, LOL. We don't put a tree here at all or any decorations, we are jewish, but if I did I would definably consider a fake tree, I know the natural trees are very beautiful but then you have to dispose of them and do it again the next year. I vote for the artificial one!

Lil’ mom I am glad you had a good time at thanks giving, I am so glad you were able to go w/mom shopping, I would never be able to do that, I am not a morning person, and I can’t stand crowds, did you get a good deal??? I hope!

Lisa I agree w/you it is pure madness at the shopping malls! You know I love to shop, but there is no way I get to the mall or the stores this time of year! The little shopping I have to do for Sean’s Hanukah presents is going to be done on line. We don’t buy for anyone else since all my family is in Mex and Michael is an only son. For my in laws I get them new framed pictures of Sean and they are happy, mom likes a new robe and slippers and dad is very simple, they are awesome!

Christina sorry about your loss too I agree with every one else you did the right thing w/little Mario. Now you need to be there for your husband.

Sheila where are you???

Melinda where are you? What did you do for TG?

Alicia I am glad you had a nice time, sounds like it was worth the drive!

John how about you, what did you do?

Me, not doing good at all, I thought I was and I tried to do some laundry and that was a very bad choice, I am it a lots of pain again, I called my neighbor and asked her to please come in and bring me upstairs my medicine (muscle relaxant) and pain killers, Michael is very busy today he is selling a couple of cars today, so we called dad (Father in Law) he is the best, he will be here to receive Sean from school and be here till Michael can come home, boy am I lucky to have him. I am afraid to leave the chair and go to bed, it hurts so much. Susie suggested taking me to the chiropractor, but I don’t really want any one touching me right now, the pain is horrible
I will try to check in later, if I don’t is because I am asleep!

Hugs All!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:46 PM   #8  

Hanna ~ when is your appointment with the doctor? Back pain is the worse... You have wonderful in-laws! I know that you do much for them so it is nice that FIL can reciprocate.

My face is looking really, really good ~ finally! My dermatologist wants me to take Accutane for one more month though as a precaution. I'm not too thrilled with that as this stuff is so hard on my body. However, I've already taken it for 4 months so one more isn't that big of a deal. I didn't really see any positive results until I was right at 3 1/2 months. It was so discouraging but I stuck it out as I had read that is quite common.

I'm cooking a big pot of turkey and rice soup this afternoon. I loaded it with onions, celery and carrots and it smells soooooo good.

We always go with a real tree. I love the smell and feel of them. However, DH likes to buy Balsam Firs and the cost seems to go up more each year. I'm sorta considering an artificial tree... Last year we spent $75 of a real tree (It was absolutely gorgeous). So, this year I might break down and buy one after the holidays. I have a feeling that DH will dig his heels in though. He is great about so many things but little bity things really bring out his stubborn side. We'll see....
Old 11-26-2007, 05:55 PM   #9  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hanna, I hope you have a Dr.s appt soon. Please stay in bed or somewhere comfortable.

Pam, I use to live in TX so I can feel for your brother as CRAZY me made that trip twice a year for four years.

GG, sorry about grandfather, big hugs to you.

Joan, I am glad to hear your skin is doing good. I would love to have a real tree. The only time we had a real tree was our first Christmas together, we got it the day before, it was a true Charlie Brown Christmas tree. BTW, did you ever get the new furniture for your living room?

Somebody please....come help me pack. I just look around and don't know where to start. Well, I did start to dig out the closet and now my bedroom and hall are a total mess and nothing even got packed. I am not sure when we are moving, but our first payment for the new house will be in January and I don't want to pay for two houses. So it looks like we will be moving for Christmas. I am not going to bother with the tree here, will just save it for the new place.

Hope everyone had a good Monday!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

hello all.

GG - it's good your gp is in a better place and no longer suffering. It's still hard on those left behind. Keep your memories alive and he will live on forever.

Joan - My living arrangements are OK. I can hardly stand it. But it's clean and safe. Just no cable or internet is driving me crazy. Not to mention the fact all my crap is in one little room and it's a bit crowded. And the bed is bad and hurts my back. Oh well. It can't be forever.

I went to Hometown Buffet for Thanksgiving. It's the first one I've ever spent alone. Food was OK, but certainly nothing like our usual meal. My heart just died a little more. I miss my DH so much.

I am going back to AZ in 2&1/2 weeks for our anniversary. I am just so sad I can hardly stand it.

Sorry, for the bummers.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Ok...I just read the Thanksgiving weekend posts and feel like an *** for whining and complaining after hanna and christina's days.

Sorry ladies,

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:18 PM   #12  

Kerri ~ so sorry... Is DH missing you as much as you're missing him? I don't know how you're able to stand it. What is going on with the AZ house?

Alicia ~ YES! We finally got our furniture two weeks ago! I didn't think that it would ever get here. We ordered it back in July. No idea why it took so long but it's here now and we love it.

Packing is overwhelming. I would suggest that you take it one room/closet at a time. I bought those little round colored stickers at Office Supply and slapped them on boxes. Red was for bedroom, blue for kitchen, etc., etc... It saved a lot of time and helped a ton. Good luck! Wish that I could come and help you out.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:28 PM   #13  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Kerri, I don't think I know why you don't live in AZ with DH. Would you consider moving to AZ? I go out to eat by myself sometimes but couldn't imagine it on Thanksgiving. Do you not live by family or friends? Don't feel bad about sharing, especially if you have noone there with you! Big hugs and hang in there.

Joan, glad to hear you are enjoying the furniture! Thanks for the tip about the stickers, it gives me an idea.

I'm gonna try and attatch some pics of the house.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg house2.jpg (40.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg livingroom.jpg (4.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg house3.jpg (29.3 KB, 8 views)
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:36 PM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Alicia, Love the house! Have anymore pics? The LR pic is kinda small and hard to see. Where are you moving, NC? I hear ya' on the packing, I did the same thing...Where do I start?! That's why I'm not completely out of mom's!

Aww, Kerri, I'm soo sorry you had to spend Thanksgiving by yourself.

Joan, Fake tree. I grew up with a fake tree, because I think my mom is allergic. We got a real tree one year, but it was too much mess to clean up (sat by a window w/a radiator under it!) We have a 7' tree DH bought last year. I was NOT happy about that, because I really wanted a pre-lit tree and this is not. My least favorite thing about decorating, is putting the lights on the tree! He just never consults me!

GG, Soo sorry to hear about grandpa, but glad he's at rest now. It's especially hard to lose loved ones around the holidays.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Kerri, I understand completely. I live with my parents and they were in Texas, and to boot ~ I was sick. My big meal was a ham sandwich. I couldn't even fix anything.

I am feeling a little better now. I still have sinus pressure and coughing out junk. But it's not as bad.

GG, Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I felt the same with my great-grandfather. Glad you got the rain though.

Hanna, ask about the pressure points and see about getting a doctor that speciallizes in pain management. That might help. Don't get "cracked" but deep muscle massage. That actually works better. I have also heard of accupuncture working too.

Well that's all for now.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote