Old 11-26-2007, 07:14 AM   #1  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Nov 26 - Dec 2 Friends and Losers Thread

Good morning, everybody! Let's all strive to make good choices so that it's truly the most wonderful time of the year!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:05 AM   #2  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Morning everyone!! Oh, Felicia....I was thinking I'd see a new picture from you. Congrats, by the way, on the weight loss milestone!! Back to the grind everyone, and after the long weekend...I'm busy.

I leave for my cruise in less than two weeks. Since I didn't lose all the weight I thought I would, I really need to shop a little bit for stuff. It's hard to shop for 80 degree weather when it's cold and rainy outside!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:12 AM   #3  
Felicia

Joni - I'm getting my hair cut this week. A new pic will follow!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:54 AM   #4  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies.. And Dan I am starting on TO this morning.. I'm going to try for NO BLT's this time! I WILL do this! I am determined to make my New Year's goal! Oh, to be 170 again! hehe...

So, hope everyone had a great weekend!! And good luck to those joining me for TO.. i know there are a few of us! We can do it
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:54 AM   #5  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I sure did. Having a couple days off was very nice and much needed. Unfortunately I forgot that I was going to be on vacation today and came in. Duh. I'm here now and my car has a flat so I'm not going anywhere. Maybe I'll take Friday off and get another long weekend in. Here's to a successful week of losing.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:59 AM   #6  
Katy66

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

The long weekend was a busy one so I've not had time to stay caught up on posting. Lots of opportunities to eat this weekend as well and I must admit I didn't make the best choices Scales were not showing up this morning though, not down either but considering I should be happy with it

I saw a New Year's challenge on the board that I need to go check out.

Have a great day ladies and Dan!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #7  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning everyone! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I really messed up, but I am back on track now! I pigged out and that resulted in a 2.8 lb gain over the past week! So now I am re-focused and shooting for a goal of almost 9 lbs gone by Christmas!

Felicia - I too am going for a hair change this week! I am getting a couple inches off and maybe going a little more blonde than I am used to. My hair is the longest it has been since I was in Kindergarten! When DH and I met I was really blonde and he misses that. I will post a new avatar!

Good Luck to all fellow Take Offers this week!!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:14 AM   #8  
sscott

I'm starving! I am doing TO today and tomorrow and hate it! I really hope this is going to be worth the work! I gained a couple pounds this week, too. It shocks me how sensitive the scale is. I know it is not all fat. I've got some water weight from the extra sodium and being TOM, still, very depressing! Way to go all of you who did great during Thanksgiving!

I am doing the TO with the oranges, which is all I had for breakfast. What do you guys usually eat for breakfast during TO? Veggies for breakfast just don't sound good to me, so I guess and orange it must be!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:33 PM   #9  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning gang...

Hope those of you celebrating Thanksgiving had a great time.. Liz and I went to her parents place in Roswell and had a great time. It snowed 9 inches on Friday night so Saturday was a lot of fun.. Luckily, it had been so warm leading up to the storm, that very little stuck to the roads, but the yard was covered and the kids spent the day throwing snoballs at each other...

We deviated from Plan a bit here and there and as a result, both showed a gain.. But we're back at it and will be POP (even if it kills us!)...

Have a great day, all!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #10  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone. OK almost Afternoon. I hope you all had a great holiday and didn't over indulge too much. I'm doing TO tomorrow and Wednesday in case anyone wants to join me. Was on vacation last week and was busy busy. Back to work now and hopefully things will start slowing down some. Congrats to all the losers. Can't wait to see the new pics of those getting new 'dos. I have a mini goal for myself when I get to 170 and I am so close it's killing me. My mini goal is a facial. When I get to goal I'm going to reward myself with the works - manicure, pedicure, facial, massage. Right now I'm not sure I'll make it. Anyway, everyone have a great POP day. I'll be back later.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Thanksgiving...didnt eat potatoes, didnt eat stuffing, didnt eat corn, ate ZERO dessert, went to WI Saturday morning and.....I GAINED A FREAKING POUND!!! I was ready to cuss! I had the most POP week last week that I've had in more weeks than I can remember and I was rewarded with a gain! I hate the freaking scale! LOL

On a serious note, we spent the whole day yesterday at the emergency room with my sweet DIL. Shes got a fever and abdominal pain. The docs still arent sure whats going on but my son looked pitiful last night because he couldnt make it better :-( Some prayers would be much appreciated!

Last edited by MomOfThreeTeens; 11-26-2007 at 01:33 PM.
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Felicia- I can't wait to see your new pic!! I almost can't stand it! do you have a style in mind yet?

Shannon- YOU SILLY GOOSE! when did you realize you were supposed to be home... still in your jammie?!

Emily and Stacy- Hang in there. TO is only two days... you can do.

(by the way Stacy, I went to high school with a stacy scott! funny)

Kim- Man... I would be head first in that refrigerater right now eating all the left over mashed potatoes and corn and stuffing!! that is just not fair!

I had a great weekend, ate a controlled amount and feel pretty good today.

yesterday was kinda a bummer though. I just got a new cell phone last week, a sony ericcson walkman. it is so cool. has a built in MP3 Player ..... all kinds of cool stuff...... anyway. I lost it yesterday when I was out shopping. I have found 2 cell phones and have done everything I could to return them to thier owners and do you think karma would smile at me.... no...... good news is, I have the cell phone insurance. (I always get the insurance! I have sent cell phones through the washing machine, lost them off roofs of cars, all kinds of things) so I just have to pay a $50 deductable and they are sending me a new one. but the bummer is I only had it a week. and haven't even paid for the first one!

other wise. I am doing great on plan. My husband has a christmas party for work in the first part of January. and I will be meeting everyone for the first time. I HAVE TO STAY ON PLAN!!!

have a great day all,
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Stacy, I normally have half a Lite and an orange for breakfast (and snack and lunch and another snack) and then have my 6 ounces of protein and veggies for dinner. Oh and since they made the veggies unlimited, I will have some celery for lunch too. It is not a lot of food, especially if you are on one of the higher plans.

Kim, I feel your pain... sometimes the scale just plays with us so cruely. Really one pound is just a fluctuation one day to the next and really doesn't mean you actually gained anything but maybe water... It was likely something salty that you ate. Hey I've gained 4 pounds from salt laced turkey, which you figure you are being pretty good just eating a little turkey.

I havent' been on the scale in awhile... I've been trying something new, as I had maintained my weight pretty much on maintenance(until I went on vacation and ate everything under the sun), and then cut back (and then cut back some more) and still maintained, so I figured my body just adjusted itself to the lower calories, and I am trying something they call zig zagging calories, which is 3 days a week I allow myself about 250 more calories... I've decided to do it on days that I do the spin cycle class, since I get so horribly hungry those days anyway... it is just an effort to get my metabolism cranked back up, since apparently my metabolism has adjusted to the lower number of calories that I've been eating instead of my body losing any weight it has just learned to get by on less... not what I wanted at all. Anyway, it is still less calories than I got on maintenance, so I think I shouldn't gain with this, and if all that happens is that I maintain now... well at least I'm maintaining on more food!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #14  
Felicia

Lettie - just something shorter. I have a TON of hair - thick and full and heavy and obnoxious. Right now, it's way below my shoulders and takes an hour and a half to blow dry! I have this odd tendancy to get my hair cut really short and then not go back to get it trimmed. I just let it grow back out until I get sick of it and then get it all whacked off.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:36 PM   #15  
sscott

Felicia - I have the same tendency when it comes to my hair. I get it cut short and sassy and then get tired of paying for monthly hair cuts so I let it grow long. Eventually I get tired of it and chop it off again. I am in the growing long stage. We will see how long it lasts. Unlike your hair, mine is really thin. It takes me less then 5 minutes to dry my hair. I think if I had to spend and hour and half blow drying I would shave my head

I am having such a Monday I can't find a wall close enough to bang my head against. I love teaching kids with special needs. It's all the other junk I don't like. I get so tired of dealing with other teachers, paras, parents, etc. I feel like I spend most of my day trying to fix everyone elses problems and keep things smoothed over. There is a situation right now with a co-worker and I know it is going to end in a battle with her being rude (because it always does). I personally hate conflict and do all I can to avoid it. It makes me so unbelievably anxious! It just weighs heavy on me some days. I wish more then anything I could just be at home teaching my own little one!

Alright, I will try to change my attitude. I have the power to make positive choices in this area as well as in the food area. I just need to make sure to exert that power more often. Thanks for letting me vent (not that you really had a choice ) I hope everyone else is having a better day. Stay POP!