Support Groups - Sexy Chicks - Beautiful women losing weight and forming friendships 11/26/07

countrygirl7902
11-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Welcome to Sexy Chicks! :welcome3:
We are a support group started by a few newbies who were looking for serious diet buddies. We are here to support and encourage each other on our weight loss journeys, and to remind each other that we are already beautiful people.:grouphug: We are different in many ways, but we are all willing to stick by each other through this challenging process. Anyone who is committed to weight loss and is looking for support (and also willing to give it!) is welcome to join!
Our bios are stickied in Misc. Clubs here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125796

countrygirl7902
11-25-2007, 11:24 PM
thanksgiving is over but my fridge is still stuffed with delicious treats. i won't lie to my friends... i binged on leftovers tonight. :o oh well, tomorrow's another day. no worries.

i felt like i ate enough on thursday to gain back everything i lost. but i didn't feel bad at all! because if i've learned anything in the last few weeks, it's that one (or two ;)) bad days won't totally reverse my progress. the times that i have cheated on my "diet" haven't actually made me gain any weight back. it has slowed my progress down, but honestly i don't want to lose the weight faster if it means i have to be miserable the entire time. i love food :hungry: and can't survive on only "healthy stuff" the rest of my life. so if eating all my favorites on a special day means i won't quite make it to my monthly goal this time, i can live with that. i had a really guilt-free holiday:D

i'm so proud of all of you who had self-control on the holidays! :cp: good job! you rock!!! and for those with less self-control like myself, keep trying! we can all do this!!! :dancer:

so here's a question for my sexychicks - how do you all decide what your ultimate goal should be? i looked at what the healthy range for my height was (which is something along the lines of 120 to 140-something) and decided on the higher end (140). but sometimes i wonder if i should be aiming lower or higher. i'm scared to aim for 120 cuz i'm afraid i won't make it and i'll hate myself for it. plus i don't even know if i would like myself at that weight. the last time i weighed 140 was when i was about 14 yrs old (i'm 28 now). i can't remember what it's like to be 120 :?:

Shy Moment
11-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Countrygirl
I feel the same way. I eat what I want but in moderation. I don't do without a thing. I am not much of a sweets person, never have been and I sure think fast food is about yucky. I do love my mountain dew and as you know lol have my " mountain dew " time at least once a week. Never going to do without it. I can't cheat on my " Rennie " plan because everything is in my plan lol. I say ok between 1200 and 1400 calories but that is, as I have said before, a lose plan. I may have a day that is 2100 calories then have another that is 1100. It all averages out in the wash. I still have, on an average of 1200. I didn't get fat in a day. It wasn't to much turkey or to much of this or that. Well, ok it was to much meds but nothing I could do about that lol. I eat in moderation AND I am not as likely to let the docs put me on every med they want these days. Never again am I going to let them chub me up almost 80lbs because they say I have to take something. I make them give a reason now more than just well it will help. I investigate medications on line and talk to my pharmacist, who is just a wealth of information. More than once I have make them change a medication over the last 6 months to something else that isn't going to cause as much weight gain. I have become smarter and in more control of what goes into my body and that means more than just food.

I picked 120 because that is what I always weighed before all the meds and the weight gain. Weighted that from about age 23 before I had my child son until I got very very sick for many years in a row just a few years ago. I looked great and felt good about how I looked too. Who knows, that might not be thin enough now. Hubby doesn't want me under 135 so we shall see. YES, it is important I look good for him too.

Lovely
11-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Gooooooood Morning Sexy Chicas! :sunshine:

A beautiful (uh rainy...) Monday morning! A new week with new possibilities. It's past the long holiday weekend, so back into some healthy routines. ;)

Lola, that's exactly the attitude to have. Our thin & healthy counterparts don't always deny themselves "unhealthy" foods. They have them occasionally, not often, and then make up for them. If changing my life meant never being able to eat pumpkin pie again... well then this ain't gonna happen!

As for your question: I think I picked mine the wrong way ^^ My healthy weight range is like 130 - 169. I picked a number in the middle. However, I'm VERY far away from that number, so what will happen is that as I get within 20-30 pounds of where I'm going to be spending the rest of my life I'll reaccess or reaffirm. I just needed to pick a number to shoot for in the long run so that I can have something there at the end, and not just a big "?".

For you, 140 sounds like a fine number. You were only 14 and not fully grown at that time so you may find that 140 fits your body best now. But, I know that there's nothing wrong with getting to 140, realizing that it's not your fit and going five pounds at a time down to find your right "fit".

Now that I'm thinking about it, I may do something similar. Start with 169 and try to maintain there for a few weeks to see how it feels. *shrug* We'll see when I get there a year and a half from now! :lol:

Shimmeringsun
11-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Hi everyone!

Well another weekend gone by, I feel like I just started it and its over! :dizzy:

I had a good weigh in and lost almost 2 pounds this week so I was happy! I may get back down to my 50 pound weight loss yet! Then I just have to start all over again from there.......:lol:

countrygirl that is the right attitude you are still doing good and to be honest right now I am having two cheat days a week, I know getting closer to christmas and being out alot over the weekend, I can't stick to my diet as strictly during the week so I give myself a break over the weekends. I am still losing weight maybe not as much as I can be but I am still losing. Like you said you might not make your monthly goal but really its a goal you set yourself, you are trying, you may not make it one month but you might be under the next! :)

As for my goal I have always had in my mind 150, I don't know why, I probably could be less in weight but that is my goal for now.

I hope you are both doing well Shy and Faerie!!
Take care

OneLastTime
11-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Good Morning Ladies ~ :hug:

Shy ~ OMG... you crack me up!! and NO the voices don't tell me that. I'll have enough of my own snow to shovel through as we live in the freakin' snow belt and get dumped on regularly but nice try. LOL

ShimmeringSun ~ Awesome job on the 2 lbs!! Especially a holiday week. It doesn't matter how fast we lose... it's not a race afterall. Just keep up the good work and BTW... 2 lbs. in a week is fantastic!!

Faerie ~ Good to see you hun... hope you're doing well. Thanks for all your support!!

Lola ~ I picked my goal weight for two reasons.... Well, first of all, I weighed 128 when I got married, felt good, very healthy but I was very young and don't even aspire to be that thin again, nor do I need to. Just before getting pregnant I was 145 and still felt great and thought I still looked pretty good. Hubby loved it too (he prefers a little meat on the bones). So I picked 145 so I could be my Pre-pregnancy/pre-post partum depression with meds weight. The second reason I picked 145 is a cheesy reason but it's true nonetheless. If you look at the BMI (which I think is a joke BTW) 150 still has me overweight but 149 doesn't. I decided 145 gives me a buffer so I don't go through all this and then have it recorded somewhere by an MD or something that I'm overweight cuz of one lousy pound. Cheesy, I know but that's why I changed it from 150 down to 145.

Lola ~ Will post again in a little bit about your not feeling guilty on Thanksgiving!! That is awesome!!! good for you..

Gotta run ladies ~ :hug:

OneLastTime
11-26-2007, 04:03 PM
the times that i have cheated on my "diet" haven't actually made me gain any weight back. it has slowed my progress down, but honestly i don't want to lose the weight faster if it means i have to be miserable the entire time. i love food :hungry: and can't survive on only "healthy stuff" the rest of my life. so if eating all my favorites on a special day means i won't quite make it to my monthly goal this time, i can live with that. i had a really guilt-free holiday:D

OK Ladies ~ This seems to be the most fitting place for me to post a little more about myself. First of all, Lola, you expressed yourself so well in this part of your post. I couldn't have said it better myself. I was trying to figure out a way to explain to you ladies how I felt on Thanksgiving this year and then BOOM... there it was... you wrote exactly how I felt.

I want to share with all of you WHY my weight loss journey is actually working this time unlike the many attempts before. Almost two years ago, smack in the middle of Christmas and New Years my 19 year old niece went to the doctor as she had a couple days of fever and some swollen glands in her neck. They admitted her right from the doctor's office and a day later was diagnosed with Cancer. Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Stage 4 (for those of you who don't know, it's the worst stage). It was everywhere... growing very aggressively. I know you aren't supposed to have favorites but she is my favorite niece... also my godchild. She was a great kid, high honor roll cuz she busted her butt for it, no smoking, no drugs, an occasional wine cooler, supportive boyfriend. Not that anyone deserves it but she was such a good kid....

Anyway... she underwent a couple weeks of chemo where she got it every day followed by 52 weeks of chemo. No, that wasn't a typo. 52 friggin' weeks of chemo. She turned 20 along countless blood transfusions, infections, hair loss, major weight gain from the steriods, monster chemo headaches, throwing up constantly, in the hospital more than out, home on IV's, etc. This young lady smiled through all of it showing such incredible strength and bravery. Her friends and boyfriend were incredible.... staying in on Friday nights with her to have pizza and movies rather than be out like most college kids would.

Anyway... I gained a lot of weight through 2006 as I was on the road A LOT. They live in Buffalo, I live in Syracuse and her treatments were in Rochester (half way between our cities). That meant a lot of drive thru eating. Can you say "Do you want fries with that?" ugh. I was at every doctor appt., every scan, every chemo, etc. to support my niece and my sister, her hubby and other niece so that was a lot of fries!!

In January 2007 she got scanned and we got the good news: NO MORE CANCER. Gone.

In February/March she fell and was having back pain. Thinking the pain was due to the fall she started seeing a chiropractor. Her bloodwork and exams were still "normal" as far as any recurring cancer goes. She continued with normal exams and bloodwork through April but in May came down with a high fever again so the doctor ordered a PET scan immediately to look for cancer.

Now, mid-May my Mother ended up in the hospital with a "cardiac event". Not quite a heart attack but something going on with changes on the EKG. This started a series of "almost heart attacks, but not quite" whatever the **** that means. In the hospital, out of the hospital, tests, biopsies, angiogram, stent, more biopsies. Something not quite right according to MD's... hmmmm.

Thursday, May 31 my niece has her PET scan.
Thursday, May 31 my mom calls and tells me her biopsies are back... she has cancer. Cancer of Unknown Primary... Stage 4.
Friday, June 1st my niece calls me. Her cancer has returned. Apparently the back pain was from a tumor growing all this time. Grew so aggressively in her spine it shattered one of her vertebrae. So she not only has cancer but a broken back.

I kick into "OK... what are we gonna do about this?" mode. Go to all the appointments now for my Mom and my niece. I should remind you all, I'm a nurse so that really helped them as I could relay the medical terms to my family in words they understood. More time on the road... more drive thru....more fries.

A couple weeks later we learn my niece will be having a stem cell transplant as her only hope. I learn, from talking to the MD on my own, that my Mom has less than a year to live. 4-6 months without chemo, double that with chemo. Guess who gets to tell Mom?? Me. Guess who gets to tell all my siblings? Me.

At this point I'm on the road making it to these tests and appointments. When I'm home I'm either at work or spending precious time with my daughter or hubby. The weight of the world is on my shoulders but I don't feel like it can be any other way. Daughter still has a life to lead... play practice, piano lessons, school, etc. I have to be there for everyone.... I want to be.

Wednesday, July 11th. I come home from work and start crying. I climb in bed and cry. I can't stop. I'm having anxiety, I'm sobbing, I can't even force a smile for my daughter when she comes in the room. All I can think is "I don't want to do this." "I can't do this." Now, to get my hubby to take the day off from work is like parting the red sea... but... he took off the next two days to stay home with me. I couldn't stop crying for THREE days. Didn't shower, didn't get out of bed, didn't eat, would fall asleep and wake up in a panic sobbing, didn't take phone calls, etc. Hubby MADE me get out of bed... we went to the movies. Now, I'm a psychiatric nurse for the love of God, I know the right things to do but it's not so easy when it's you. So I agreed... went to the movies and to dinner after. I sobbed through both, have no idea what the movie was about and didn't eat my dinner. Went home and climbed back in bed. This was the end of day 3 and this is when the shift happened. I went from being depressed about my mom and niece and crying over them to internalizing everything toward myself. My self esteem dropping, apologizing to hubby for being so needy and crying so much, apologizing for not being there for my daughter, apologizing for not being strong enough to handle this, etc. I was spiraling downward quickly. I know this pattern from going through my post partum depression and it scared the **** out of me. Now I've been taking a very lose dose antidepressant since my post partum so that night I called my MD and increased the dose. I slept.

The next morning I went out and sat on my deck and made a life altering decision. I can't do anything about the fact that my niece has to have a stem cell transplant. I can't do anything about my mother dying. Both are going to happen whether I stay in bed or not. What I CAN do is take care of me. I made the decision that morning that I have to come out "OK" on the other side of all this. That is the only choice I have and the only one I have any control over. Yes, what is happening to my mother and my niece suck and the double whammy of it all is incredible but I have a husband and a 12 year old little girl that need me and I have a lot of friends who are truly willing to help out in any way if I just let them.

So I started to let them by calling and leaning on them. Some days I leaned pretty hard, too. I started seeing my therapist again to talk things out, kept taking the new dose of meds, started eating healthy choices, started watching my portion sizes and started going to the gym to work out my feelings in a positive way. AND I called all my siblings and told them that I'm not the only one who can sit and watch chemo drip into our Mother... they all need to get their butts to the hospital and sit with Mom, too!!

Here we are... 4 months later... My niece had her stem cell transplant... it was very difficult for her... she made it!! She had surgery on her back to fix the shattered vertebrae... They took one of her ribs, did a bone graft from her pelvis, built the vertebrae, put a metal cage around it with screws and pins and she's slowly getting better and is CANCER FREE once again. My Mom has had several chemo treatments, many blood transfusions, the sickness, etc. but is doing well. She's not as sick as she thought she would be, just very, very tired. She takes a long nap every afternoon and is still able to enjoy herself in the mornings and evenings. We have had some great conversations and I learned some things I wouldn't have learned had we not had this time. Certain conversations you just don't have unless you know you're running out of time and I'm grateful for those conversations. AND I've lost 32 pounds and still going strong. Choosing to do the weight loss right now and focusing on it is what will get me through.

OK... back to Thanksgiving and what Lola said originally. Due to my niece and my mother's cancers, EVERYONE came home for Thanksgiving from all over the USA. We had a great day with every sibling, spouse, grandchild, niece, nephew, enjoyed each other, took lots of pictures. There was no way in **** I was going to "diet" on that day. I had one day with them... all of them and could very well be the last one we ALL have together.

When Lola said "but honestly i don't want to lose the weight faster if it means i have to be miserable the entire time", was exactly how I felt. I enjoyed my family, I ate, I didn't care and I don't feel bad. I haven't lost site of my need to come out of this whole journey "OK" but it is certainly ok to put it aside sometimes and simply enjoy life.

Ladies, I didn't mean for this to be so incredibly long. Thank you so much for listening to me. I'm grateful to have each of you to share this weight loss journey with so we can support each other along the way. You are, WE are, all truly amazing. :hug:

Shy Moment
11-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Onelasttime
You have been thru so much. I am so glad you have come thru it all with such a bright and cheerful attitude. I keep telling people. We didn't get fat in a day we aren't going to lose it in a day. One meal didn't make us fat, one meal isn't going to put all the weight back on. We rush thru life so fast, well many do, I am always in turtle mode lol, that we don't see what we have. I am glad things are going better for your family members. You are a wealth of support. I will keep them all in my prayers that things keep going well. I live just on the fringe of the snow belt. You are more use to shoveling snow than I am...what do men say... if you loved me.....hehehehehe. Sent you a pm

countrygirl7902
11-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the advice and encouragement, ladies!

Shimmering good job on the 2 pound loss!:cp:

OneLastTime THANK YOU for sharing with us. don't apologize for it being long. i am so glad that you feel like you can be open with us, and i hope that sharing helps you as you deal with such a stressful time in your life. you are such a strong person to be able to lift yourself up out of the pit (which is what i called it when i got that depressed) and deal with all of this in a healthy way. and that's great you got to be with your entire family for the holiday! :hug:

have a great night sexychicks! talk to ya tomorrow!

Lovely
11-27-2007, 07:00 AM
OLT - Hey chicky. You're going through a very trying time. It would be difficult for anyone. :hug: And I echo Lola when I say "Thank you", and yes, don't apologize. The length of a story is of no concern.

Also:

Both are going to happen whether I stay in bed or not. What I CAN do is take care of me. I made the decision that morning that I have to come out "OK" on the other side of all this. That is the only choice I have and the only one I have any control over.

Exactly. This is exactly how I feel about life in general, and sadly too often forget. That it's not what happens to us or around us, but what we do about it and how we act about it. We can only control one person. I personally think it's wonderful that being mindful about your food has helped keep you centered.

Again, I'm sorry that you've had so much stress. My thoughts are with your family. :hug:

Lovely
11-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Tuesday Mornings... Ordinary Tuesday morning. Here at work thinking about all the work I have to do. Notice I'm thinking about it. Not quite getting much done atm. :lol:

Congrats on those 2 lbs Shimmering! :cheer:

Last night I took a good hour long walk on the treadmill. It's kind of strange, because I went for the walk just to relieve stress. Usually just thinking about exercise causes stress. :lol: It was nice to be moving and just watching Judge Judy (Hush, it's one of my guilty pleasures ^.^)

So how goes everyone's holiday shopping? I've got everyone's calendars. I buy everyone in my family a calendar as kind of a gift topper, that and a little bit of gourmet chocolate... who can't use a calendar? Or gourmet chocolate? :D (But none for you, Shy, I know you'd prefer 'Dew candies if they were ever made.) I still have to get their "main" presents. We don't do anything big, I have a larger than average immediate family, but we like to exchange small gifts with eachother Christmas Eve. And eat cookies. Yes, in fact, more importantly we like to eat cookies.

I can't help it, after Thanksgiving my thoughts turn to warm Christmas memories. :o Kind of embarassing. What are you all doing for the upcoming holiday? I'm not even sure everyone here celebrates a holiday in December, but if you do, has your mind wandered over to thoughts of it? If you don't, how's your "soon to be winter" season? :D

Later, ladies!

:grouphug:

Shimmeringsun
11-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Hi everyone,

Happy Tuesday!

OneLastTime that has been quite a time you have been through in the past little while and for you to make it into a positive for you is even better. Good for you and I am glad to hear things are starting to look up for your niece :)

Shy........turtle mode...that is the best mode to be!

Faerie I hear you I am at work right now also and I decided yesterday was my last day of overtime, thats enough of that! :p
An hour on the treadmill that is awesome, hey watching tv while you are on it helps you stay on longer don't you think? Unfortunately my guilty pleasure would be "A Shot at Love with Tia Tequila" or something stupid like that :lol:
I am almost done shopping thank god, I hate crowds and how crazy rude people get closer to christmas so I try and get alot of it done in November.

For my christmas holiday my sister and her boys come to my parents house (I still live there they can't get rid of me) and we have a well basically a junk food christmas eve dinner, yes its the best part of christmas eve! Then they stay overnight as my sister is a single parent so she says its nicer to have everyone around when the boys see what Santa brought. Christmas morning my brother and his wife come over and we have christmas brunch, open presents and then sit around for the afternoon. Then of course christmas dinner. Hey I am seeing a pattern here there is alot of eating in my story ;)

Anyways I have decided to do my best up until my weigh in on December 15 then I am going to take a 2 week break as there is no way I can make it through christmas and not eat all the yummy food, then right after New Years back to normal.

Did I put anyone to sleep with my post?!

Take care! :hug:

Shy Moment
11-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Shimmering
Sounds like a great holiday to me. Nothing wrong with a little eating. We didn't get fat in a day. Just eat one instead of two lol. No more two for me one for you lol. Everyone likes a little time and a half but sometimes enough is enough.

Faerie
You are just to funny " dew candies " ohhhhhh do they make them. Is there a wonderful land somewhere far far away that everything is made from dew. Oh I want to live there so baddddddddddd. We belong to a couple of card clubs and then have the family so since many of his family are also in the card clubs. We have decided for just a gift exchange. We keep getting each others names in the gift exchange for the card clubs anyway lol. Funny how that has happened year after year. Sure makes things a lot cheaper and we also set a price limit so we can get even nicer presents. One year I got a diamond bracelet because my name was picked 3 times, family gift exchange and both card club gift exchanges by the same person :) Now there are just 8of us. Close family and friends that join in this gift exchange. I know what I am getting hehehe. I saw this picture at an antique shop and oh how I wanted it. I was there with some friends and this one friend has my name lol. I went back to get the picture and the woman said some man came in and bought it the day after I was there. He was so excited because he said his friend really really really wanted it and he had no idea what to get her :) This will be my 4th picture from antique shops.

Lovely
11-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Shimmering - For me Christmas Eve is the one night of the year where no "diet" could stop me. Heck, wild horses couldn't stop me! I've decided to plan around that night for our cookies & candy & junk food dinner, too! I think it's awesome that you've realized those 2 weeks out of the year are yours to enjoy to their fullest.

Just don't forget to keep posting! We love reading your posts even if we're all going to be sitting here jealously thinking about all the goodies you're eating :D And don't forget to be back to your good ol' habits (I love how you said "normal" because truly this is now our norm.) after your 2 weeks are up! ;)

Shy - They make root beer candies... they must have mountain dew flavored candies somewhere! Hrm. I did find a link to a list of soda flavored candies. I wonder if any of them taste anything like dew. Sorry, no Dew-specific yet! http://candyaddict.com/blog/2005/12/21/cola-candy/

You already know what your present is?! >_< Isn't that cheating? :lol: Reminds me that my family has a tradition of giving a "clue" with the gift so we take time to let the person try to guess what their present is before they open it. Some of them have gotten ridiculously difficult! We always joke that if they guess right they've been "cheating" :present:

Shy Moment
11-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Faerie
I wasn't suppose to know. The woman told me about the man buying it. She had no idea it was for me lol.

OneLastTime
11-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Hi Ladies ~ :hug:

I just deleted my post my mistake. :tantrum:

Thank you all again for your support. You are all truly amazing. :hug:

Shimmeringsun ~ Definitely continue to post with us even though you take your two weeks off. You may also want to think about drinking extra water or working out a little extra to keep the "damage" to a minimal post holiday weight in. OR you could feel free to tell me to shut up and just enjoy the two weeks without thinking about it!! :lol:

Faerie ~ Awesome job on the treadmill. The TV does make it go by quicker, doesn't it? I won't even, ahem, say anthing, ewww, about Judge Judy. lol I haven't even started my shopping yet but I do have my lists made so I'm ready. I get annoyed with the rude shoppers as well ruining my Christmas spirit with their crankiness.... hmmm... maybe I should start pelting them with snowballs in the parking lot anytime someone is rude. It wouldn't stop anyone else but it would make me smile. :snowball:

Lola ~ It was your post that got me thinking to share my store with you so I give you some of the credit. OR the blame for those who hate reading long posts... ya, that's it... blame Lola!! :devil: BTW... get your butt back here more often.. we miss you. ;)

Shy ~ First of all, thank you for your PM and for sharing with me. It is amazing how the events in our life change us as the years go on, isn't it? I think it is an amazing gift to be able to look at a situation through someone else's eyes and alter our own response to it. :hug: NOW... Dew Candy? I think you have a serious addiction. lol Oh ya, and the snow belt thing.... pfffttt, if YOU loved me you'd give me a break since I've had to do it way more than you've had to!!! :coolsnow:

OK ladies... gonna go before I lose this post too! ugh. Will check in later before my scrapbook ladies show up. It's Tuesday afterall.... scrapbooking from 6-9 every Tuesday. I'm actually working on my Christmas cards right now, making those instead of scrapping pages. Have a great day ladies!! :grouphug:

Lovely
11-27-2007, 01:53 PM
"Don't be rude in stores or OLT will pelt me with a snowball!!!" Got it! :lol:
Have fun at your scrapbooking group! Making x-mas cards eh? That sounds really cool!

Shy Moment
11-27-2007, 02:15 PM
onelasttime
Don't you just hate when that happens.

I think what separates us from most animals is learning from our past. A deer will cross the road at the same spot all the time until it is finaly hit by a car. Deer will go to a salt lick that all of a sudden shows up out of no where and won't stop doing this until their Uncle Fester is hit by an arrow lol. Personally I would find it hard not to drink the mountain dew that shows up in the woods out of no where but I think I could keep myself from drinking it. Ok, maybe not but I would try lol. We tend to learn to look both ways and not pick up that Goochie bag that just shows up in the woods.

I have learned to smile. I travel life now at a turtles pace and I stop and smell the roses. There is nothing much that gets me in a hurry except maybe a sale on mountain dew. Hmmmm maybe I do have a problem lol. I wake up each morning and thank God I have another day to...yell at the kids, complain about how everyone messes up my house and wish I lived in a bubble all alone lol.

Now if I could just figure out why my kids will go to the neighbors house and shovel snow for six hours without a complained and yet, won't go to the mail box for me because it is to cold out. I will be the smartest woman in the world. I swear last year my son shoveled more snow than demons in **** shovel coal. Yet, it took him all day, and then it still wasn't done, to shovel my drive. I just do it myself. Good exercise is how I am going to look at it this winter. I have a snow blower but the darn thing is heavy and it and I tend to fight. Have to say it usually wins.

Shimmeringsun
11-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Shy what no two for me? Oh that is how I got this hot body! :lol: Its like at buffets I NEVER learn I swear everytime I go I always eat too much, after all this time you think I would learn......but nope eat till I pop! I love your comment about the only thing that will make you quick is a sale on Mountain Dew :lol:

Faerie oh I will be posting, I would miss you all too much if I stayed away for two weeks! You cannot keep me away! :) Plus you gotta love those christmas eve dinners!

OneLastTime no I wouldn't tell you to shut up, you are just trying to support me and I really appreciate it! Anyways I think what my whole plan is, I will still eat my regular foods I eat now during the day, still drink my water actually I love water I can't go without it, then it will just be if people bring in treats or something I won't deny myself of them the week before christmas. I know on the 21st we are having a pot luck at work and you know there won't be healthy food there so that is why I was saying I was going to have a "break" just to enjoy those days. To me christmas is the hardest time for me to deny myself anything. Hopefully I won't go gung ho and gain 10 pounds! :eek: But even if I do I know you are all here to support me!

Shy Moment
11-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Shimmering
I was on the phone with the hubby. I was reading what I had typed. He said something like, you know girl that woman is right. You have a serious problem. I am going to cut off your supply of mountain dew. I said oh that is just fine, I will cut off your supple of pot roast. He decided I could have my mountain dew lol.

Shimmeringsun
11-28-2007, 07:42 AM
Shy you pick the right tatic there go for the pot roast then things get serious *LOL*

Well I promised to tell the good with the bad! Every night I have a healthier snack with the left over calories I have, so I had bought a bag of these pita thins (which I LOVE) and I usually don't open them during the week as I know I can't just have a few. Anyways I break down and open them, weigh out what I can have and put the bag away, well 20 mins later the rest of the bag comes out and gets eaten, and then I had 3 snack cakes on top of that :o
Yeah not to proud of myself right now, don't know what my problem was last night but I couldn't stop eating! Anyways back to normal today but I wanted to be honest and tell you guys as we have all had those days! :shrug:

I hope everyone else is doing well!

countrygirl7902
11-28-2007, 08:43 AM
morning ladies! i'm not ususally on here in the morning :coffee: but i'm covering for someone on a later shift today so i do't have to leave for work quite so early. i used to love 2nd shift, but with my 4 year it just doesn't work. i like being home to put him to bed.

faerie keep up the good work on the treadmill! as for christmas shopping, i'm a last minute shopper. it doesn't make sense because i hate those crowds the week before christmas and for some reason i still find myself there.:dizzy: i haven't started getting really excited about christmas yet because i'm thinking about all the money i'm gonna be spending on present :p

shimmering i don't think i'll be able to take a break like that from my "diet" for christmas, cuz i have taken an unplanned break for the past week and gained a pound back!!!:o i just couldn't resist all the leftover desserts in our fridge. i'm getting back on track this morning (that's what i said yesterday morning). i was so strict on eating healthy when i started WW in oct, but nov has not been nearly as good. i need to get motivated again like i was at the beginning! and i do the exact same thing and buy a bunch of healthy snacks, and then i eat the entire bag or something. sheesh.

shy i wish i could convince my family to do a gift exchange cuz money is tight. but every time i suggest it, my sister just wrinkles her nose. even though she doesn't have a lot of money either, she absolutely LOVES picking out the perfect gift for each of us. ugh. she and i are VERY different LOL. sure i get some joy out of finding that perfect gift for someone i care about. but i rarely find anything that perfect. :shrug: and about the turtles pace, i move at a turles pace but it's not to smell roses, it's just cuz i'm lazy.

OLT suuuurre just blame it all on me LOL ;) anyway, you're right i should be here more often. thanks for kicking my butt. i'm really gonna try! :hug:

Shy Moment
11-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Countrygirl
Call it lazy or call it conserving energy lol. I tend to be the one that makes things happen. Surprises you doesn't it lol. I said we are going to start doing a gift exchange and that is what happened. We are the rich ones of the family and we don't have any money lol. One of his family balked at this idea, she didn't want to be involved in that. Well she got nothing for Christmas that year because her name wasn't in the hat lol. I love to shop on Christmas eve. I go out that night and pick up odds and ends and thinking about a new toy boy. Mine is getting a bit long in the tooth lol. Come on 36 years old is not 28 anymore. I tell him this and he just gives me a look that is suppose to scare me or something. Just looks like a little boy trying to look mean to me and I laugh.

Shimmering
Some days there is nothing to do but snack a little. Get back on the horse and ride girl. Just don't stop at a hitching post tonight lol. I am never quite sure if the man married me for my long nails or my cooking. Both can be used as weapons or bribes lol.

Lovely
11-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey all you sexy & gorgeous chicas!

Well, I was all proud of myself on Monday... yeah, now my foot is injured. :rolleyes: :rofl: *big hilarious sigh* Figures, right? I'm having fun doing something I thought I'd never do and then I can't do it. :lol:

It hurts some when walking, and part of it is a little swollen and red. So that means staying off of it as much as possible the next few days to let it recover from whatever I did to it. (Or, knock on wood, going to a foot doctor if a couple of days doesn't take care of it.)

I'm disappointed, because I TRULY have started to enjoy my time on the treadmill just walking everything out. :( It's okay... I'll be extra careful about what I do, keep the offending foot elevated in the evenings. Besides, exercising on an injured anything is not exactly helping me be healthy, and since being healthy is what I want, then it's rest time. I'll have to be on here reading more posts to keep away from the snacks during regular walking time.

Shy, you are one crazy woman going out Christmas Eve to shop. I went ONCE years ago... never... again. :p

Shimmering, we all have indeed have those days. (Remembering some of mine... :o) You've got the right attitude about it. Being honest (to yourself, too, not just to us!) and realizing it wasn't the best choice, but the next time the idea pops up that "Oh, just tonight I'm sure I can manage with just a few..." you'll remember this and hopefully make the better choice. :hug: It's not always easy getting back to normal the day after, either, so way to go :) You can do it :cp:

This is just something that I've been thinking about...

I'm the type of person who, upon seeing something a friend/family member may like, will buy small trinkets or gifts all throughout the year. Nothing big at all and certainly not often, just little things. I think of them as gifts. Freely given, nothing expected, and after all, for me, that's what a gift is. A gift! And oh boy, it seems the meaning of the word has changed over the years...

I only bring it up (and maybe this is really a rant about my roommate :lol:), because my roommate has begun her talk of her friends planning getting together to exchange gifts, and she "doesn't want to spend a lot of money, doesn't like so-and-so, doesn't want to do anything, feels obligated, hopes she gets something good". I guess it's just annoying to me since I always want to keep gift giving as well... giving, and not "expecting". (And she ruins my happy holidays mood when she gets into it...grrr)

The getting together to exchange gifts sounds perfectly nice and all, and I completely understand her not wanting to spend a bunch of money (who has an endless supply???) but I don't see why she doesn't just bow out, buy or create things for who she wants to if and because she wants to, not just participate and dread the whole thing.

Maybe the whole problem with Christmas gift giving is that it's become an obligation. It is expected of certain people... I just wish I could take that and throw it away. I like gifts... but I want the gifter to want to give.

In the end what I think my entire point is... and boy it took me awhile to get here... is that when I give a gift. It is a gift. I want the person to enjoy it, use it, whatever it is that people do with gifts. But, that I hope I never expect anything in return. Well... except for maybe a "Thanks for thinking of me!". :lol:

Sorry for such a strange, long rant about nothing! :dizzy:

Shy Moment
11-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Faerie
You take it easy. You DO NOT want your feet messed up like mine because you don't stay off of them.

I love the gift exchange. We have plenty of money for day to day things but we don't have money to blow. I get the kids stuff all thru the year. I wait until nov to do the gift exchange gifts. I make sure I get something I know they will like. We have an upper limit but no lower limit. It isn't cost it is thought.

One year I got a pretty towel for my kitchen. They didn't have a lot of money and they knew I would love it. It could have cost 500 dollars or 5 cents. Didn't matter to me. I loved it and they knew I would. Heck we buy gifts at yard sales lol. One year I said I wanted a pair of slippers. I have such small feet it is hard to find ones to fit that don't have big bird on them. One of the girls went to yard sales all summer and bought every pair of slippers she found. Some of them cost her 5 cents lol. I had 25 pairs of slippers that winter to choose from until I found a pair I liked. I still wear them lol and they are now falling apart. Think next Christmas I am going to say slippers again.

You rant all you like. I have always enjoyed the gifts that came from the heart, one year a niece knitted a scarf for me. Oh it was horrible lol. She said it will look pretty with your coat. Now that lumpy scarf didn't look all that great with my cashmere coat but I wore it and still wear it. I loved it. The gifts that cost aren't always the gifts that are given with love.

Lovely
11-28-2007, 03:49 PM
I completely agree. Giving should not be about the money. It should be something everyone can enjoy!

OneLastTime
11-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Hi Ladies ~ :hug:

Faerie ~ Stay off that foot... Remember the R.I.C.E. method... Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation as much as possible. Also take some Ibuprofen to decrease the swelling and ensure quicker healing. I'll send you a bill in the mail. You can pay me with chocolate. Oh crap... that's right... I'm not supposed to be paid in chocolate anymore. Fine... buy me a carrot!! :D

I agree with you guys about the Christmas shopping thing. It's so annoying to listen to people complain that they HAVE to buy gifts. For the love of God, if you don't want to, grab your "courage" and don't do it. Otherwise hush up and let the rest of us enjoy the season. Looks like I'm gonna have to stockpile those damn snowballs. lol

Shy ~ "Just don't stop at a hitching post tonight." OMG... You just crack me up constantly. Your husband must just look at you and shake his head sometimes. Hope you're doing well. ;)

Lola ~ Oops... was hoping you wouldn't see me secretly (in front of everyone of course) blaming you!! tee hee.... Ya, I agree with the shift thing. I mostly work days but when I have to do an evening shift I hate it. I love being home when it's bedtime. My daughter is older so if I work a 2nd shift I leave before she is home from school and don't see her until the next day when she is home from school. It's a bummer. :(

Shimmering ~ Don't feel bad about your night of snacking. Well, feel a little bad so it helps you to not do it again but what is done is done. Part of being honest with us also keeps us accountable for our actions. I'm telling you... the other night when I went to the movies, the only thing and I seriously mean THE ONLY THING that kept me from buying popcorn was reporting back here after the movie so it really does help. :o

I'll check in later ladies!!! take care :hug:

Shy Moment
11-28-2007, 07:14 PM
onelasttime
My husband looks at me sometimes and shakes his head, wonders what on earth he has gotten himself into. He loves my sense of humor and wonders how someone who makes everyone laugh can be so painfully shy face to face lol.

OneLastTime
11-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Come on Shy, you're telling me that if we met for lunch you would suddenly be all shy and quiet on me?? I have a hard time believing that with that awesome smartass kind of humor you have. :D

Shy Moment
11-28-2007, 09:51 PM
onelast
Let me tell you a little story lol. I play euchre with a bunch of people. When we get to gather ( all of us ) there are about 200 of us. We started playing on line and moved it to offline. We meet at peoples houses that have lots of room sometimes there are 6 pairs of us sometimes 20 pairs or more. I was the FLASH the dealer girl online. Flirted with everyone and always had a one liner. ( Wolf would send me pm's saying " I THINK THAT IS QUITE ENOUGH" LOLOLOLOL. Wolf and I met playing euchre with these people on line. He tryed to tell them over and over. I am not quite face to face as I am on line ( understatement ), I am very shy.

The president of our club decided he was going to meet us face to face a week before we had our first big face to face get together. I am the person that brings in new members. We met and had lunch. That night he told everyone while we were playing euchre on line. She is more of an armpit hider than a husband stealer lol. No one believed him either lol. Well we all met and we all played. Most of the night I was red faced and hiding behind wolf because they ( the men ) all talked to me like they did on line.

It took about 5 years for me to be able to talk to them face to face like I did on line lol. Now I have a two layer shirt. I flip the first layer up and the under layer says FLASH. I have had more than one man mess up his deal because of that shirt lol.

One on one I might be ok but if there is more than a couple of people I clam up until I really get to know people. I am much better around woman than I am around men.

countrygirl7902
11-28-2007, 10:59 PM
well i did much better today staying on target eating healthy. it's strange how much better i feel about myself when i do. :D when i have a good day without any binge eating, i feel motivated to keep it up. my goal is to be really strict about my weightwatchers points until christmas. and hopefully on christmas, even though i'll enjoy dinner, i won't go so food crazy as i did on thanksgiving.

you ladies all make me laugh! reading your posts is just like hanging out with a bunch of close girlfriends.

shy i tend to be the same way - i can be outgoing online, but i clam up when i first meet people in person (whether i knew them online first or not). most people who know me would say they thought i was really shy when they met me. like after i start a new job, a few days (or weeks) later when i know people better - i always get a comment like "hey she actually talks" or "wow i didn't know you could talk so loud." i get the weirdest looks from people when i first open up LOL. sometimes i think i have social anxiety disorder. i dread meeting new people in large groups or unfamiliar surroundings, i actually get sick to my stomach.:p

faerie take good care of that foot! you're right about rest being the healthy thing to do right now. :hug: and you're right about having right attitude about giving. i'm going to try to get in the right mindset this year and enjoy picking out gifts for my family.

OLT the accountability here helps me too. i hate posting about how i ate 2 pieces of pie before bed lol, but i do it because i keeps me from doing the same thing the next night (well sometimes lol). i don't know why it works, but it does. guess that's what friends are for!

Shy Moment
11-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Countrygirl
Oh I do understand. I go thru the same thing. I remember one time this person I didn't know very well stopped at the house to talk to the hubby. As he pulled in I was yelling at the kids, who were upstairs ignoring me. He told my husband he had no idea I had such a loud voice. He had never heard me speak over a loud whisper lol.

Lovely
11-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks gals for all the well-wishing & advice about my foot. I assure you all I am resting. Oh it sucks... but it's important. So thanks again! :hug:

I think that the internet gives most people the option of being someone "else" or someone they wish they could be in real life. I mean, there's a backspace button... why can't real life have a backspace button?! :lol:

However, there's also what my friends call the Rose-Colored Monitor. (Though it's not always "rose-colored"! :lol:)
Where we insert what we think a persons tone is, so that colors how we see everyone else on the web, too.

People can be (to a varying degree everyone is) drastically different online vs. RL.

I've talked to plenty of people who online are pretty much the same, and others who are... "woah, I guess I wasn't getting what they were typing..."

I honestly don't know how I come across to most people online in general or here at 3FC specifically. I know that when I type here I mostly try to be polite, concerned, supportive and encouraging, because that's what we're all looking for, and also because I am sincerely concerned for people when they're not doing so hot, and happy for them when they succeed! So, people are less likely to see my hideously vulgar and immature sense of humor. :devil: Besides, I can be kind of off-putting in my natural state. And I try to avoid that online... (don't want to piss anyone off, and oh man am i more than capable of doing that in rl just by opening my mouth :dizzy:) I hope I'm succeeding, but well, I wouldn't be the one to ask! :lol:

Like you, Shy, I turned into a huge flirt through my online gaming (though my games are more MMRPGs (That's massively-multi-player-role-playing-games, or video games, for those who are not "in the know" ;) ). I'm pretty sure that is only because I never felt very comfortable being a flirt in RL. After all, who wants to flirt with the fat, ugly chick? :shrug:

Hrm. So to correctly color the above (:D), I don't want that to come across as self-pitying (It certainly wasn't typed by me in that tone). I'm only pointing out the differences between my online self and my, well, RL life... for lack of better terms :P

Shy Moment
11-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Faerie
I am not really someone else on the net. I am more on the net like I am after I have known people for a few years or I have had a few drinks lol.

Those that have known me for a long time are surprised at first how I am around new people. I have one friend from high school that will say she always forgets how very shy I was when she first met me lol.

One of the hubby's friends said one time that he thought I was a snob. Hubby said no, you just don't know her. She doesn't talk to anyone until she has known them at least a year lol. Now, 8 years later the guy says I am the life of the party. When Rennie walks in the room the party starts. Ok, so I am a crack up and full of one liners. I tell jokes about the kids, the house, the hubby and can do a stand up of Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Evengall changing what they say around to put my own family in. Hey, if you can't laugh you might as well just die.

My car stopped right in the middle of the road one time. This man stopped and said, " You car won't run huh?" I said, "The car is fine. I just decided to give it a rest right here i the middle of the road." Here's your sign.

Lovely
11-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Perhaps "someone else" wasn't the best terminology.

Rather, I should say, much more bluntly yourself. The internet is an easy place to simply say what you mean, and to be much more open verbally.

I still say that from my own experiences, people are usually somewhat different online than they are in the solid world. Now, I'm not saying this isn't due to the manner in which I view people online. After all, it might all be in my head (what isn't all in our heads?).

OneLastTime
11-29-2007, 05:12 PM
Hi ladies ~ :hug:

I agree that the tone of a person's voice along with their facial expressions and body language make all the difference when telling how a person is meaning to say something. Since we don't have the luxury of those online it can be easy to misinterpret what someone means or in fact, what they are really like in real life. The other thing is online people are only going to tell you what they want you to know and nothing more. Nobody is going to get online and introduce themselves as a total b-itch, can't make friends, can't keep a job and I won't support you but you damn well better support me. Nobody would talk to them... well, maybe to boot them off the site. I do a fair share of IMing with my family & friends (people I really know well) and even then things can be taken the wrong way based on our moods & how we interpret the words typing out in front of us.

OK... So I'll admit one thing here for all you ladies.... lol
I swear like a sailor usually.... no offense to any of you if you happen to be a sailor... lol I'm telling you, it amazes me sometimes the stuff that will come out of my mouth and when!! aye-yi-yi

That may be something that you would have never known about me... tee hee

Shy Moment
11-29-2007, 06:53 PM
The best way I can describe myself is by telling you what my great grand mother said to me ( yes I said my great grandmother lol ). She said to me when I was about 16. " Dawn my dear, you were born 50 years after your time" lol.

I do not swear ( ok if I hit my thumb with a hammer I do know a few words lol ) I charge my husband, the ex sailor, 5 dollars if he says the F word and 1 dollar for any other swear word lol. I pay for our camping trips with this money lol. He really has learned to clean up his mouth when he talks around me.

I do have my days that I am not the nicest person in the world and I really try to stay away from people when these moods hit. I have anxiety attacks sometimes and I do get depressed from time to time. I can't take meds because they just make my tummy hurt. With Gods help and my husbands understanding we live with it.

I am very shy and while I generally don't stand up for myself, the word rug comes to mind lol. I do stand up for those that can't stand up for them selfs.

I drive most people crazy because when the day gives me lemons I make lemonade. I almost died 2 times in my life before I was 25. Nothing is that important to get upset about, unless I am on my soap box about something.

I am never in a hurry, unless I have to go to the bathroom lol.

My husband and myself are very involved in church, not because we were raised that way but because we want to be. I picked a man to marry that is very much like me. We don't tend to fight. If he would just realize since I am older than him; I am always right in all things we would never fight lol.

My halo is very tarnished and I am not above telling an off colored joke.

I love being a housewife and mother. I have never wanted to be anything else. I would like to go back to work because I don't have enough to do around here and the extra money would be nice, who couldn't use extra money but by FIRST job is taking care of our home and my family. Nothing can come before that. That is the job God gave me.

My husband is the boss of our home but he lets me run the roost lol. He said he has seen the bosses job and doesn't really want it. He knows what he says goes.

Ok yes, I am before my time. I am not politically correct, I don't believe in woman lipperation except for same pay for the same work. I feel fulfilled doing what I do. I know that isn't very acceptable in this day and age.

I almost always never take offence to something someone says online. I take things the way people mean them. Not the way they come out in print sometimes. :)

OneLastTime
11-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Lola ~
I feel the same way you do coming here and reading the posts.... I laugh my butt off and feel like I'm hanging with my girlfriends!! Awesome, isn't it?

Shy Moment
11-29-2007, 10:56 PM
onelast
All those little snow men look so cute. So proud standing there in a row, just like you should be. Nice going on loseing so much weight.

Lovely
11-30-2007, 08:55 AM
:lol: I swear I <3 you guys, you all crack me up.

Mornin' Ladies!
The great news is that I had my weigh-in last night and I lost .4! Now... this may not seem like a lot, but it's exactly the number I was hoping to lose this week, especially with Thanksgiving last Thursday. Which means that even though I had my meal and ate it, too, that I did OK! Aaaaaand losing .4 means that I've officially lost exactly 65 lbs. (So w00t!)

OLT - You'd be surprised at the sort of rubbish that falls from my mouth, and I'm not talking crumbs. ;) And your "tee hee" had me laughing out loud! <3

Shy - You be the person you were meant to be :) And sweety, I like you all the better for it! You make smile! But I did want to clarify that the Post Woman's Lib world that I am part of (and was actually born into rather than started) may not be the same as it was in the late 60's, I have a much more broad view of what Woman's Liberation means. It may not have quite started that way, but it's ended up as the idea that a woman should have the freedom to choose how to live her life. That she should not automatically have to be a SAHM, because that's what's done, nor should she automatically have to get a full-time executive career, because that's the cool thing to do. That she should be able to be happy with where her life is and is going. And the fact that you've found what makes you the happiest is what is important. And that we (other women especially) should not judge another because of their choices. :) I have several friends who, since highschool, have wanted to get married and make a small family and take care of the home. They're happy in their paths. I would swell up and die as if I were allergic. For me, that life would be a cage. For them, having a career would be.

I'm very "us women need to stick together" because I look across the sea and notice that there are women who are very alone... and even ostracized by other women in their own neighborhoods, and I actually get weepy about it! (It's embarassing... I rarely get weepy... but other people suffering like that... gah... :stress:)

It seems silly and outdated to me that some women around me... usually older than I am, but in my office, will argue about "what's right". It's like breastfeeding "vs" bottle. Who gives a flying monkey poo? It's not like you get a gold star on your life chart for choosing one over the other. Pick what's right for you, and then let's all turn our attention to children who aren't getting enough food at all :)

Sorry! That got "rant-ish". It wasn't meant to be. It's just frustrating to see that there are more important things to be worrying about than whether or not our next door neighbors are doing the same things we are.

I can't say I'm politically correct, but, with my tiny crowd, it's very tongue-in-cheek. >_>

Shy Moment
11-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Faerie
That is to great. WOW you have really been taking off the lbs. You go girl, not going to be much left of you real soon. A loss is a loss no matter how small. Keep that in mind. You have less to lose today than you did yesterday :)

I grew up in the opposite time frame. Woman were to get jobs if they wanted to be ( fulfilled ). They were less than nothing if ALL they wanted to be was a HOUSEWIFE. Made it very hard growing up in the late 70's and early 80's. To want nothing more out of life than to ( clean toilets ) ment you weren't much of a person lol.

I do think woman should do as they want. If a woman wants to work there is nothing wrong with that. I do have personal feelings about woman working that have children below school age but that is just me. Never understood having a wonderful little baby and then sticking them in day care. Heck the day care sees that child more hours a day than the parents do.

Breast feeding. I have never understood this argument. Docs will say it is better for the baby for the first 3 months. You want to breast feed go ahead if you don't well then don't lol. I never thought one way or the other if a woman wanted to or not lol. I did but that was me. I was in college when my first was very little. I can remember the hubby bringing him up to school when I had night classes for me to nurse him. Have to say not having to drag bottles around like my sister did was very liberating to me lol. I had a diaper bag packed in the car with those throw away diapers, didn't use them at home. Was wonderful to just be able to get up and leave and not worry about bottles mine were built in lol.

Potty training. Now I never found this a personal achievement lol. I only wanted them to be potty trained before they started school lol. I heard it from my mother every day from the day they turned 18 months until they were potty trained how I was a terrible mother because at 18 months they weren't totally potty trained lol.

Lovely
11-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks, Shy! And you're absolutely right. Any loss means having less to lose :D And, with the holiday last week, that makes this loss even more special :lol:
It's so strange how people can focus so much on what others are doing "wrong". People like that need a few more hobbies, and a little less free time.
Meh. :shrug:

Shy Moment
11-30-2007, 03:29 PM
I am wearing a pair of 16 pants I haven't been able to get into for at least 4 years. I am so proud of myself.

OK
CONFESSION TIME

I had a yummmy Mc Donald's egg nog shake. OHHHHHHH it was so good. I only have 1 a year. It is not going to put 34lbs back on me. I will just eat today around the shake lol. Think about it. Eggs, nog, milk, all good stuff for you right lol. I looked at fit day. 16 oz milk, 1 can mountain dew, 1 serving high carb food = mc Donald's egg nog shake. Not a problem.

OneLastTime
11-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Hi guys,

I've been MIA today.... We got some really upsetting news related to my niece so I've been out of town meeting with oncologists since 6:30am this morning. :cry:

I really can't write about it right now... can't get all worked up again, it's going to be hard enough sleeping tonight and I have to work the next three days in a row at the hospital which means getting up at 5am (5 1/2 hours from now). I'll try to post over the weekend... we'll see how things go. :(

Hope you all are doing well. I completely went off plan today... wayyyyy off plan but sometimes you just don't care. :mad:

Talk to you soon. :hug:

Shy Moment
11-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Onelast
Sorry things aren't going well. Will keep you and yours in my prayers

Lovely
12-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Shy - Congrats on the pants! I feel like the clothes going down is sometimes more of a victory than the numbers. So exciting!!!!! And just like you always say, one meal/shake/day did not put the weight on. I'm glad you enjoyed that shake... it's tempting me now! :lol: And all the better that you're planning the rest of the day around it. (That always helps me enjoy those foods more!)

OLT - I'm so sorry to hear that there's upsetting news. You do what you need to do to stay sane and healthy during this time. :hug: If you need to come back here to talk about it. Please do. We'll be here for you when you get back :grouphug: Your family is in my thoughts.

Blech, so I'm in work this wonderfully chilly Saturday morning... instead of in bed. And tomorrow morning the same. Yay for overtime money... Boooo for having no life. It will keep my thoughts busy, though, since my fiance is in China for a week again due to a project for work. My foot's healing well. I'm going to give it until Monday to rest up and reaccess then. Just don't want to wait too long or all those good habits I've been working on will have to be worked on all over again! :running:

Well, back to work. I want to get plenty done today!

Lovely
12-01-2007, 10:20 AM
This is silly, but does anyone have any favorite "smilies" on this site? :lol:

My personal favorite is this guy: :twirly:
I don't get to use him a lot, but every time I see him I just think "He's so CUUUUUUTE!!!"

Just curious if other people think the same about certain smilies ^.^

Shy Moment
12-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Faerie
Yes, you take it easy. Might need to start back slowly. Don't want to over do it.

Ok today is the day I need the pick me up lol. No what I really need is a kick in the pants and tell me to stop listening to everyone. I gained all this weight pretty much in two stages just a few months apart from each other. First major illness ( after many mini illnesses ) about 40 lbs. Couple of months later and I wasn't even better yet another major lung illness and another about 40lbs. I am down to the just about the first time I gained weight, yeah me almost 35lbs gone.

I can remember when this happened and I thought, well if the meds do it and there is nothing I can do about it. I can be happy at this weight. Well I am sure not happy with this weight now since it is starting to come off. I think I am now worried if I lose more it will pack back on ( thank you all you nice people in the friends and family category that have told me over and over how I will gain it all back, everyone does. ) Hubby says it is now time to get rid of more " friends ". Friends do not discourage you, they encourage you.

I don't tend to let things like this get to me but they are this morning. I am not like " everyone else ". I am not dieting, I have changed how I eat and no more of those blasted meds. I will not put all this weight on. Really hate that I have let them get to me.

Typing this is making me feel a bit better but darn doesn't seem to be doing the trick I need lol. I would kick myself in the butt but I can't seem to get my leg up that high from behind lol. Darn you would think I could, I am not that far from the floor.

I still feel good about the clothes. All the 18's are in the give away pile now. I can fit into all my 16's. Now to get rid of the bit of muffin top that I have when I sit down in them and I will be a lot happier. It was the muffin top that did me in this morning lol.

Lovely
12-01-2007, 12:30 PM
:hug: Shy, I have my doubting moments, too.

I don't know why your "friends" would be telling you that everyone gains it all back, because not only is it discouraging, but it's FALSE. :mad::mad::mad: What is true is that it's very, very difficult the first year to maintain. And what we don't get that first year of maintenance is the "woo hoo i'm losing" feeling, we have to switch it to the "woo hoo i'm stable" and that's difficult! But, I also know that after the first year it becomes at least easier, if not ever easy. They say if you can make it through the first year that you're much more likely to keep all of it off. Also, I think a lot of those people who make it to where they want and then gain it all back may have done "diets" instead of commitments. Or after maintaining for a few forget that it IS a commitment. Daily. Hourly. Mealy. A commitment. That's going to be the difference for me, and I know it!

Statistics don't lie... and I don't want to tell you "it'll be alright, once you've made it it's all over etc etc". I'm going to tell you the truth, it's gonna be hard. Maybe harder than the losing. Sadly, many people do gain back weight (though not always all of it). You've made the decision and commitment to not be one of those numbers.

You have made all the right permanent changes for a healthy life. Don't let anyone tell you differently, they are not in your shoes! They might only be saying those things because they have tried and failed and want anyone who tries to fail as well. Misery loves company.

I'm of the mind that sometimes friends have to tell tough truths... maybe that's what they think they're doing, but I don't believe they're doing it the right way. If they wanted to bring it up, it's better to ask "Are you worried at all about maintaining? I hear that it's tough and that lots of people can't handle it. How are you going to deal?" Rather than to tell you lies and say you're going to gain it all back. BAH! BAH I say to them and all the naysayers!

You CAN do this. You ARE doing this.

And if someone says something like that again, you tell them "That's not true. Not everyone gains back weight. And keeping those negative thoughts around is like a self-fulfilling prophecy. One that I don't subscribe to, thank you."

In conclusion, you are awesome. And if you ever need to hear it again, just ask. I will say the same :D Or write it on a post-it note and stick it to your monitor. Then the post-it note will say the same!

Shy Moment
12-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Faerie

Thank you for the pick me up. Just isn't like me to let anything get to me. I still have along way to go and I guess this morning I was wanting to much out of myself to fast and on top of that last night I heard it from everyone.

I haven't found losing weight to be hard lol. I eat the way I eat everyday. Make sure I get to have something I really like everyday and work everything else around it. Get those required amounts of the four basic food groups in too. This is just how I eat. I find nothing hard about it. What is there to maintain? I eat how I eat. I have no desire for the stuff I don't eat. Ok, I do have to watch how much mountain dew I drink lol.

Once i slapped myself around a little bit. I get very angry with myself when I let people get to me. Then stood on a chair so I could kick myself in the butt I was fine lol. I could be wrong but from what I have seen. People gain it all back because they go back to eating all the stuff they did without. I don't do without anything so I have nothing to go back too lol. Some people just don't want people to be thin, happy and successful.

Lovely
12-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Exactly :) I'm glad you were able to kick those other people's thoughts out of your head! :hug:

Shy Moment
12-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Faerie
I don't get down for long lol. Has been a great day. Have everything ready to put the tree up. House is clean. I am working on laundry now. Doing nothing tonight but working on laundry and watching movies with the hubby :)

Lovely
12-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Shy - Hey I like nice, quiet evenings like that. They can be just perfectly cozy. ^_^

Back at work again. :yawn:
Only 4 hours, so I'm going to gung-ho it to get as much done as is possible. Don't want to have tons of work leftover for Monday. Then Monday... back to normal! Also, my foot is nearly all better. I'm going to rest today, then go walking tomorrow afternoon, BUT I'll be taking it very slow, going maybe half the speed I used to and just for 15-20 minutes instead of 30. I'll see how things are after that. :)

Shy Moment
12-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Faerie
That is a very good idea. Keep it easy or you might end up off it again. You work to much lol.

Lovely
12-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Busy busy busy at work. More OT. :p
I took two 10 minute walks today, and while my foot's a little stiff, it's MUCH better. I'm happy that I got in some movement today. I was really missing it.

I'm proud of myself tonight. I went grocery shopping, picked up some fruits & veggies and made salads with a little bit of gorganzola cheese all ready for the next two nights for dinner. That and a little whole wheat pasta with chicken for tomorrow as well. At least I won't have to think about dinner tomorrow! Already made up!

Well, it's off to bed with me. Need to follow the "SEE" rule more often. That's Sleep, Eating well, and Exercise. I realized that sleep is really, really important to what I'm doing... and I think I should focus on getting more of it.

G'night Ladies! I hope you're all doing well ^^

Shy Moment
12-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Faerie
Dinner sounds great, what time lol. Sleep is very important. What we eat, the stress we allow, the sleep we get, all of these things are components to a healthy body.

Lovely
12-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Ahhh Tuesdays! Nothin' too special today.

I've been thinking a lot about my choices of foods. Now... I'm doing a million times better than I used to. I'm eating the right portions, and more fruits & vegetables for sure. But, sometimes I think I eat a few too many "light" carbs and grains and perhaps too many big name processed foods. I've switched my pastas to 100% whole wheat pasta (from the organic section at the grocery store), and my rices to mostly brown rices... but I still get the feeling there's more to it than that. I should start looking for a good bread/bun brand that is less white and more whole grain. Not to mention a lot of soups that I like are high in sodium, and while I've never had a major issue with salt, I don't want it to become one. Again there are organic choices that are better for me. (I've compared labels.) But sometimes I get so confused as to how "organic" I need to be! I mean... I'm not someone who can grow my own wheat to make my own bread... :dizzy:

Even some of the whole wheat choices from major companies end up being filled with a few things I can't even pronounce (probably as preservatives)... and compared to the "organic" section where (using my pasta as an example) there's only wheat flour as an ingredient. One ingredient!

I guess it'll just take time. And there is a Whole Foods area on 3FC.

Anyone else dealing with trying to eat more "organically" for lack of a better term?

Shy Moment
12-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Faerie
I was once told if God didn't make it don't eat it lol. I try to stick to that pretty closely to that thought. Now mind you he didn't make mountain dew BUT he did make the person that came up with that WONDERFUL taste so that makes mountain dew ok lol.

lostchick
12-04-2007, 10:08 PM
what is this a chat fest between the two of you? Can any one join? LOL. Where is everyone???? I've been down and out the family is getting sick one by one, except me. crossing my fingers.

Shy others are just jealous and it's true they don't want to see you succeed. We need to ignore the comments and I know it's easier said than done. Our self esteem gets hit big. heck right not my hubbys is watching the victoria's secret special. I'm feeling great. :rolleyes: oh sigh

faerie: :joker:

lostchick
12-04-2007, 10:10 PM
shy I think your stetching that saying a bit Hahaa

Shy Moment
12-04-2007, 11:30 PM
lost
I think i would go in and hit him with a frying pan and show him MY secret lol. Hey lay off the mountain dew lol. No one touches my dew. I was going to have one tonight but my carbs were to close to the limits I have set for myself. Oh well tomorrow is another day. There was a time I drank 90% of the calories I took in. Now it is a dew once or twice a week. I have come a long way. :)

Lovely
12-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Hey there's another member! Shy & I just talk so much we end up filling pages ^^

Glad to see you Lost! So sorry everyone's feeling under the weather. That can be very rough when you're trying to take care of so many. Much luck to you not becoming ill as well!!!

Shy Moment
12-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Faerie
Someone stands out in the crowd when they talk about my dew lol

Lovely
12-05-2007, 09:51 AM
:lol: It's like you have some sort of sixth sense about where there's Dew. Even in print ^^

Shy Moment
12-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Did someone say, or even think DEW lol.

lostchick
12-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Yeah I like your thinking about the fry pan. I said no way buddy look Law and orders on. Hehe. Heck he wouldn't know what to do with a Victoria's Secret model. I say go get one. Bring it on. Show me whatcha got.
Yah nothing that's what I thought :)

You know I was thinking about how these people who are in your life are bringing you down and really what right do they have to rain on your parade? Get an unbrella and move on.

Lovely
12-05-2007, 12:24 PM
lost :lol:

And I like that! Get an umbrella when someone's raining on your parade ^^

Shy... :lol:

Shy Moment
12-05-2007, 12:40 PM
lost
I tell my husband he doesnt know what to do with this old thing he might as well give it up looking at young things lol.

Lovely
12-06-2007, 07:18 AM
Good Thursday Morning Ladies!!! :D

I'm pretty content this morning. I have a vacation coming up (from Tomorrow until the 17th) so I may not be on every day, but I hope to still stop by!

Now, I kind of have a nasty habit of weighing myself before official weigh-in. It's really just to let me know if I'm on the right track during the week, and it's not every day. (My usual weigh-ins are fully clothed and in the afternoons, so I'm always a few pounds heavier than in the morning when I check, but that doesn't ever concern me since that's a normal, healthy thing that the body does during the day.)

But anyway this morning I saw on my scale the numbers 258... I know that's not what my official weigh-in will be, again.. but the fact that my body sans clothing & food in the morning is just 258... only 8 lbs away from my college-age weight (another mini-goal I have)... I haven't seen those numbers in 4 years. It's so satisfying. I know that in just a few weeks I'll be seeing those numbers "officially" it's got me so pumped!

And I know I can share that with you gals even though it's not "official" :D

Another mini-goal that is on the way is that I will soon weigh the same as my fiance! :lol: Now I'm sure some may think that's not a big deal, but I weighed more than him when we met, and have continued that up until now. He's not a skinny guy by any means, and he is over 6 ft tall, so perhaps people didn't know I weighed more than him by looking at me, but I knew. Not to mention it's gotten more difficult to get closer, because he's lost a few pounds himself while I've been losing (I tell him that's cheating!!! :lol:) It's another goal that's so close I can almost taste it! And soon after that I'll weigh less!... and less and less and less :D

Anyways... sorry! I'm just having a swell day already. I've decided it's going to stay that way ^^ (That is the sort of thing you can pretty much decide, right? lol)

I hope you ladies are doing fantastic :) :grouphug:

Shy Moment
12-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Faerie
Glad you are see the weight come off. Always makes us feel good. If you like to weigh in between official weigh ins you go right ahead. We are going back and forth about getting me a scale. I always go to the docs office every two weeks but darn it is getting cold. Not sure I want to go out in the cold to do a weigh in lol.

I understand about your weight and his. There was a time I was only about 40lbs less than him and that was really getting to me. Now he is about the same and I am going down down down. Gosh that is a wonderful feeling.

I almost always have a great day. I don't let it be any other way. You just smile and people will wonder what you are up to lol.

Lovely
12-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey ladies ^^
My weigh-in went well. I'm down 4.4 this week! I'm only .6 away from 70 lbs down... I suddenly realized that I'm very very very close to 75 lbs down. And for some reason this number is hitting me like a ton of bricks. It's a tini-goal (instead of a mini-goal lol) but 5 more lbs is so doable. I've lost 5 lbs many a time... I can do it again!

Seems so quiet around here lately ^^ I sure hope more people feel free to jump on in!

Shy Moment
12-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Faerie
That is so great. You are doing so good. Isn't going to be long before you will be right where you want to be.

tigger175
12-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope you don't mind if I join in. You all seem like a very friendly group of people and I'm looking for some support.

I'm in college right now and I am able to eat fairly healthy meals from the dining hall (though not very delicious), but with finals and Christmas around the corner its going to be hard not to give into temptation.

So far I've lost about 15 pounds and would like to lose about 15 more.

What type of diet are you all on?

Dee

Shy Moment
12-07-2007, 08:39 PM
hi tigger
Welcome

I swear I am going to make my daughter live in a bubble. She was in a car accident tonight. Second one in 6 months. Now she has a cast on her foot a splint on her thumb and a totaled car that we aren't going to get enough out of to get another car. I saw the car before I saw my daughter and was about to go postal all over his butt.

back in a few and will chat. I just had to get that off my chest.

Ok, I am back. All the chores are done, house is cleaned. Exercises are done. I feel better.

Tigger
Welcome lol. I am normal not the nut you see ^ there lol. Congrats on the weight loss. I am on the Rennie diet lol. I do without nothing. I keep pretty much in some general guide lines I have set for myself. Calories 1200 to 1400, fat 30 to 35, carbs 180 to 210. Sometimes over sometimes under. Not losing fast about 1lb a week but hey. I now have 36lbs less to lose than I did 29 weeks ago.

countrygirl7902
12-08-2007, 11:52 AM
hi ladies. i know i haven't been here in at least a week. i don't think i can get caught up on all the stuff i've missed, so forgive me for not responding to your recent post:^:.

i've been having one of those weeks where i just beat myself up, you know? i'm down on myself for not being able to get back into healthy eating habits after the holiday and gaining weight because of it. i'm upset with myself for not coming here everyday because you all keep me on track when i'm having bad days. but i've let myself get so far off track that i started thinking i should just forgeting about losing weight at all. i actually started thinking i might not even like the way i look and feel when i get to my goal weight. i think because i'm afraid of failure, it's easier not to try.

yesterday i did better with eating healthy and staying within my weightwatchers points. and this morning i re-evaluated my goals. i've been trying to lose too much too fast, so then i'm always disappointed. i'm going to be more conservative with my short term goals now. but i actually decided to lower my ultimate goal. the reason is that i chose 140lbs before was because i was afraid to set a lower goal that i might never reach. but in reality i would rather be a few pounds lighter and then i have a little wiggle room if my weight fluctuates.

i know that it doesn't make sense to lower my ultimate goal when i'm struggling just to get through each day without binging on chips and candy corn. but i think what i really need to do is face my fear head on. i've lowered my goal, but i'm not trying to reach that goal as fast as i had originally intended.

ok. that's enough serious stuff. i'll check in later. hope everyone is having a good weekend!

nrsldy
12-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi ladies,
My sister one last time told me about this site. Hope you don't mind if I join in! My daughter is the neice OLT told you about. The bad news is that her cancer has relapsed for the second time so now she can have another stem cell transplant but from a donor this time. Her bone marrow is still clear however w/no disease. We are all just taking one day at a time and doing the best we can. We have many friends and neighbors who look out forn us and I would like to include you all in that group.
I need to lose about 100# total along w/my husband. We have decided that if Heather can go through these treatments again that we can at least lose some weight to be around a lot longer for her and our other daughter.
I actually looked up this site again on Dec 1 and talked to my sister about getting back on. Since then I have lost 2#, not much but a loss none the less. You guys keep up the good work and thank-you for your thoughts and prayers.

Sherri

countrygirl7902
12-09-2007, 10:11 AM
hi sherri! good to have you. i hope we can help you get through all this. i think it's great that you want to be healthy for your kids. whatever you do, don't be like me when i stop logging on and stop reaching out to friends because i'm frustrated or feeling low. that's when we need each other most! :hug:

well ladies, i went to McD's last night because my whole family went to see the christmas lights at the zoo, and we hadn't planned ahead for dinner. oh well. i did get an hour and a half of walking in at the zoo though, so that helps just a bit. i'm feeling a bit more optimistic but not totally confidant that i can stick with this. i'm working on my attitude. i think i need to stop getting on that damn scale everyday LOL

Shy Moment
12-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Hi ladies,
I need to lose about 100# total along w/my husband.
Sherri

Welcome. Not sure which will be easier to lose. The 100lbs or the husband lol.

Sorry all I have been gone for a couple of days. Things are pretty much back to normal. Have everything caught up, doing laundry now. Everyone is fed and in bed. Been a long weekend for everyone and I am the only one in the house NOT sick lol. I am the one we all worry about getting sick.

countrygirl7902
12-11-2007, 07:39 PM
:( where is everyone? has our little group died?

Shy Moment
12-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Countrygirl
I have wondered the same thing.

salsa sarah
12-12-2007, 08:11 PM
well I haven't been on in almost 3 weeks or so
I've been ashamed after thanks giving i totally blew my diet
I went on carb overload
its really bad
so I decided to go on wait watchers
only problem is Im completely broke
my boy friend has a palm pilot and sed he'll give it to me
i guess there this wait watchers program for it
so im trying to look on line to find a free download
i googled it earlier but i cant find the page agin
if any of you know where i can find it let me know
I've done weight watchers before and I liked it
I love adkins but I just couldnt do it anymore
well I will talk to you lady's latter hope you are all doing well on you weight loss

Shy Moment
12-12-2007, 10:35 PM
sarah
You need to stop in more often. We are happy to chat even if you don't have any great news to tell. Don't you worry, you will get back on track and the weight will start coming off again.

salsa sarah
12-13-2007, 02:54 AM
thank you shy moment
i will come back more often I miss it here

Shy Moment
12-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Everyone needs to take a little time for them selfs each day. Maybe coming here and chatting for a few min each day is the time everyone can put aside for them selfs. I miss not coming here if I am away for the weekend. I need all of you for the encouragement and the friendship you give. :)

tigger175
12-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm really upset... I was only 1 pound away from my mini-goal so I thought I would have a little treat, and the treat ended up being 1 1/2 weeks of treats and now I've gained 4 pounds! I didn't even know I could gain four pounds that quickly. I have my last final tomorrow and then I'm driving home so hopefully once the stress is over I'll be able to focus on dieting again. I hope things are going better for everyone else.

Dee

salsa sarah
12-14-2007, 02:00 PM
tigger175
I totaly understand
My treat was thanksgiving and that messed me up too
I have been eating bad for weeks
infact, I barly starting a new diet today
as far as those 4 lbs I wouldnt worry about it I gained 5lbs the fist week
but it all even out its more like water wait not true lbs
I did gain about 2 lbs but i have been eating whatever i want since thanks giving
anyway good luck
you can do this!!!!

nrsldy
12-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Hi ladies,
Salsa Sarah-don't fret too much with everyone's support you can get back on the wagon and lose those nasty four pounds.
Thanks for all your support, sorry I haven't been on since my first entry last Friday. This week has been really crazy. The only day I worked was Monday as my daughter had a biopsy on Tuesday on a lymph node in her neck and on Wednesday she saw the spine doctor tht did her spinal surgery and wasn't feeling real well. When I called her oncology NP she said to bring her right over. It ended up she was admitted to Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, NY. Started her on the next round of chemo to get ready for a stem cell transplant. This time from a donor. She already had one in August which worked for a while, now she needs one from a donor. She also has to have total body irradiation this time. She never had to have radiation before. Thanks for letting me talk it really feels good to tell others. Hope I wasn't too crazy. I haven't weighed myself yet, I usually do on Saturdays. Talk to ya soon.
Sherri

Shy Moment
12-14-2007, 06:52 PM
nrs
I hope things go well for your daughter. You just talk away if it helps. We are here to talk to about more than just weight loss. Everything in our lives can effect our weight. Getting things off ones chest sometimes can make us put things into perspective and relieve a bit of stress. Keep us posted. Take a few min for yourself, you have a lot going.

Sarah
Come on girl, it is time to get back on the wagon and stop walking beside it. Little changes each day are what it takes to get things going in the right direction again.

tigger
Now a treat is a candy bar not a trip to the candy factory for all the free samples. lol You just take a deep breath, throw out all that stuff you have left in the house and get back on track. I know you can do it. You will feel so much better about yourself.

countrygirl7902
12-15-2007, 11:50 PM
hey ladies! i'm glad our group has revived just a bit. i haven't been online cuz i'm visiting my boyfriend out of town. i was thinking maybe i would go to the Intro forum and invite some more newbies to join sexychicks. that's where we all got together in the first place.:(

hey sarah - i know what you mean about feeling ashamed. i do the same thing. i hate to get on here and confess about my binges. i've been having a hard time with my eating habits lately and haven't been on the site much. but the thing is, when we're not doing as well as we'd like, that's when we need each other most!

shy - you're right that coming here and taking time to chat with our friends can help. i know it helps me. when i start slacking, if i avoid coming here it just gets worse.

tigger - i've done that a few times (overeating one day, and then the next day...). but it usually turns out that the weight i gain is water weight from the soduim in all the crap i'm eating, and not drinking water like i should. so just get back on the wagon. i bet you'll drop those 4 pounds pretty quick. and if you don't, it's ok. just keep going, slow and steady.

nrsldy - :hug: hang in there.

tigger175
12-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Hey everyone,

Thanks for your support! It really helped me get remotivated. I cleaned out the kitchen and am eating healthy again. It just snowed several inches here today so tomorrow I'll get some exercise shoveling the sidewalk.

So what type of diet is everyone on?

Dee

countrygirl7902
12-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Dee - i'm on weightwatchers. i don't pay for meetings, cuz i know myself and i would just skip them all the time. plus i can't afford it. so i got info from the website and a couple of friends who were on it. i count points and follow the health guidelines so i'm getting a balanced diet, but can still have a little bit of the stuff i crave. i mess up periodically, but i try not to beat myself up about that.

nrsldy
12-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Hi ladies,
Thanks for all your support. I didn't do well this week w/weight loss as we have been going back and forth to the hospital and just grabbing somethig along teh way so I only lost 1 pound. I guess it is better than a gain, I'll take it any way I can. Heather started her chemo Thursday night and has to have continuous infusion for 5 days and then hopefully come home. I want to urge everyone to be tested and get on the National Bone Marrow Registry especially minority groups. Heather's Dr told us there are many white people but very few minority. So this group is despratley needed.
The weather here is getting crappy. It was sleeting this morning and now just snowing. We live in the East coast. Everyone have a good and safe week.
How do I change my tracker?
Sherri

countrygirl7902
12-16-2007, 11:35 AM
WOW sherri - losing a pound during such a difficult week is incredible! i probably would have gained a couple! i'm so proud of you for hanging in there! 1-2 pounds a week is a healthy loss rate, so you should enjoy your success. when i first started i was losing faster, and then i got frustrated when it slowed to 1-2 pounds a week. i've learned to be happy with only small loses, or even jusr for maintaining and not gaining. it was hard to change that mindset. i've only been maintaining my weight (not on purpose, but just cuz i've been struggling with my eating habits) since thanksgiving. and at this point i'll be happy if i can just get through christmas without gaining.

hang in there! we can do this!!!
Lola

Shy Moment
12-16-2007, 02:00 PM
nrl
Will keep Heather in my prayers of course. Chemo is no fun that is for sure.

Heck I have only ever lost about 1lb a week from week one. Sure glad 99% of the time I am happy with that lol.

Tigger
I am on the Rennie diet lol. I eat the required amounts of the four basic food groups, or at least I try. Sometimes I can't seem to get in all 6 of the bread and cereal group. I have a very lose set of amounts I allow, 1200 to 1400 calories, 30 to 35 grams fat, 180 to 210 carbs, myself to take in. Sometimes I go over a bit or I can be a bit under. It all averages where I want to be for the week. I don't do without a thing. Make sure I have mountain dew time once or twice a week. If I want something high in fat and carbs today, I plan what I eat around that. I know if I have a treat today I can't have another one. I have to wait for another day to have something else I want.

Countrygirl
Sometimes just maintaining might be a good thing. I have seen a lot of people on this site that say they do that from time to time.

countrygirl7902
12-16-2007, 02:19 PM
thanks shy. being on this site has helped me learn that weight loss and healthy living isn't always going to look like that perfect plan i had in my head when i started the process. i had set pretty high expectations for myself. but life isn't perfect and i'm just focusing on each day and trying not to gain a whole ton of the weight back right now! lol

Shy Moment
12-16-2007, 10:19 PM
:) I tend to bring a little ray of sunshine to someone everyday. Today was such a ummm wonderful day lol. We started to get snow. I shoved the drive. We got more snow I shoved the drive we got more snow, I started to shovel the drive but it got to dark to finish. Have a feeling I am going to have 3 to 4 hours shoveling the drive tomorrow lol.

countrygirl7902
12-18-2007, 03:04 PM
hi ladies. well, i was sure i hadn't lost an ounce this week cuz of my evening binging. but i actually lost 1 1/2 pounds!!!:carrot: my scale must be broken LOL

i guess it just shows me that before i started "dieting" in october, i must have been eating a ridiculous amount of food. because even the days now when i eat too much, it has to be less cals than i used to eat because i'm still losing. kinda puts my old eating habits into perspective for me. even the small changes i've made are helping.

where are faerie and shimmering and sarah and the others? :(

tigger175
12-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Countrygirl- good job! It's always good to lose weight when you aren't expecting it... a lot better than not losing when you think you are going to. The same happened to me this week- i finally lost 2 pounds and I've eaten icecream (although it was no sugar added) twice. I just keep thinking one meal ahead and hopefully I'll finally reach my goal.

Shy- I used to be addicted to mountain dew! I would drink like 3 cans a day. But one summer I went to visit my relatives in Yugoslavia, where they have no mountain dew or anything resembling it, and when I got back I couldn't drink it without getting headaches. Now I only probably drink one can a month when I have to stay up late writing a paper or studying for a test.

Well I'm off to go read and relax. Good luck everyone on eating healthy these next few days with all of the Christmas temptation!

Dee

Shy Moment
12-18-2007, 10:55 PM
tigger
There was a time I would drink at least 6 cans a day. I don't drink the kind with caffeine anymore. If there is no mountain dew, I don't go there lol.

Countrygirl
You are very right. Even when we go over what we allow our selfs, we are generally eating less than we did. At least less fat or carbs or something. I have found the same thing you did. My weigh in is tomorrow. I have been at the highest amounts I allow myself more days than not the last couple of weeks. We shall see how I do. The home scale we bought me says I have lost 2lbs, let us see what the doctors scale says lol.

Shy Moment
12-19-2007, 08:44 PM
It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood, A beautiful day for a neighbor......

What a great day. Did my weigh in, usual 2lb loss for 2 weeks. It is great to know I can eat more than I was letting myself and still lose weight lol.

nrsldy
12-20-2007, 09:49 PM
It is definately a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I brought my daughter home from the hospital yesterday and she is feeling 100% better. We have to go back every Friday for the next three Fridays for a weekly dose of chemo and then they will do a PET scan to see if the tumor's have shrunk.

Shy: When I used to work at a nursing home I always would have 2-3 diet sodas throughout the 8 hour shift. Wondered why I wouldn't lose any weight? Come to find out diet soda has a lot of sodium. I cut myself down to 1 a day and started drinking water when I would go on break and what a difference it made. Now I usually have an iced tea or water. Thank-you for your prayers. Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday.

Sherri

Shy Moment
12-20-2007, 11:00 PM
nrs
So glad she is feeling better. It is a very trying time I know. Will sure keep her in my prayers. It isn't just physically hard it is mentally hard to. Lots of love, lots of hugs and kisses anything that will stay down. Those things really help get us thru it that have had to go thru it.

Shimmeringsun
12-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well, I have been very busy with work, getting ready for christmas and such so I haven't been able to come on and see how everyone is doing. I have missed chatting with everyone! :(

So I am giving you a warning that starting January 2nd you will see me back in here regularly, don't all look so scared people! :p

I just wanted to quickly come in here and wish everyone a happy, safe and healthy christmas!! :present:
I hope Santa is good to you all! :gift2:

Take care :hug:

countrygirl7902
12-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Shimmering! it's so good to have you back! missed you! glad you're doing well. i understand it's busy right now. same goes for me. hopefully there will be more chatter in here after the holidays.

Sherri - good to hear your daughter is home. hope your holiday is wonderful! that goes for everyone...

Merry Christmas, Sexy Chicks!

Shy Moment
12-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Shimmering
Nice to see you back.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.

Shy Moment
12-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Isn't it great when you get what you really want.

I already had

Leslie Sansone ( 1995 ) Miracle Mile Walk 1 Mile
Leslie Sansone ( 1998 ) Walk Off Weight 4 Mile
Leslie Sansone (2001) Walk Away The Pounds...
( 1 Mile ) Get Up And Get Started
( 2 Mile ) High Calorie Burn
( 3 Mile ) Super Fat Burning
( 4 Mile ) ( 2003 ) Express
Leslie Sansone ( 2007 ) Advanced Walk 5 Mile

I now have to add to my collection, because of my wonderful hubby

Leslie Sansone ( 2001 ) Walk Away The Pounds For The Abs 3 Mile
Leslie Sansone ( 2001 ) Walk Away The Pounds Heart Healthy Walking 2 Mile
Leslie Sansone ( 2007 ) Walk Away Your Waistline 3 Mile With Waist Belt
Leslie Sansone ( 2007 ) Getting Fit With Faith 2 Mile

I have more than enough to do a different 1 or 2 mile walk everyday.

A couple of them he bought new, some used at the video store. Not all of them came with equipment so he also got me, a set of 1.5 lb hand weights with straps, a set of 2 lb hand weights and some stretchy things. I said, " Do you know what I want for Valentines day?" He started to laugh and said what. I said I want her exercise ball video and an exercise ball. He just smiled and said no problem.

Talk about supportive.

nrsldy
12-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi Ladies,
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. My honey really surprised me and got me a digital camera. It's pretty bad when at Thanksgiving everyone except me had one and my husband worked at Kodak. lol
Thank-you all for your prayers and support. Heatheis not feeling very well last couple days, I think chemo is kicking in and she also got shingles-hurts like a *****, (pardon my french.) This poor girl can only go through so much. The Dr is talking about mid Feb for stem-cell transplant, this time from a donor.
Hope everyone has a safe new year. Will check in w/you next year. Take care
Sherri

countrygirl7902
12-27-2007, 09:13 PM
hi ladies! hope everyone had a great christmas! mine was good. but i've been eating cookies non-stop. no kidding. need to get back on track...

Shy Moment
12-27-2007, 11:54 PM
nrs
What a great present. What kind did you get? We have been looking to get a new one for a long time. I am oposted to spend a lot of money on something I use a few times a year lol. Bet we get one by next christmas or even maybe this summer when we take our annual trip to the zoo.

Country
Ohhhhhh cookies. I have no idea how I lost another lb at weigh in today. I thought I would be up a ton and a half lol.

Shimmeringsun
01-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Hi everyone,

Wow it has really been quiet in here......well as I warned I am BACK!!! *LOL* It is back to normal now and I was actually looking forward to it after all the christmas junk food! But I think it will also be hard because I treated myself too much, it will be hard to go back to healthy eating so I hope everyone can help me get back to normal!
Back to the gym either tonight or Monday, not sure when yet that will be scary also I haven't been since the beginning of December! :fr:
I can tell I haven't been eating well or exercising as I have been fighting a cold for the past couple of weeks. But the best part was I didn't get the flu this christmas season as I did the past couple of years.....woo woo!
I hope everyone is doing well!
Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy 2008! :newyear:

Shy Moment
01-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Shimmering
HI glad you had a nice holiday. Yes, it is nice to have things back to the way they should be. How do we get over all the junk we have been putting in our body and not crave it WELLLLLLLLL.

I have 1/2 cup of 2% milk, 1/2 medium banana and 1/2 cut low fat or fat free vanilla ice cream. Mix in blender until just as yummy as can be and then enjoy.

Shimmeringsun
01-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi Shy :) I hope you had a good christmas! And your treat sounds yummy! I will have to try it sometime. I bought skinny cow 50 calorie fudge bars, I am hoping they are good and help with the cravings.
I am also going to revise my eating plan, I think I need more veggies and such, I think I have too many "healthy snacks" like rice cakes and 100 cal packs and I think I should cut down on them and more veggies or fruit.
How did you do over the holidays?

Shy Moment
01-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Shimmering
I am one of the lucky ones. I am on the " Rennie " plan which means, NO PLAN lolol. I stay pretty much within a set amount of things I allow myself. Over under, not a big deal. Just general amounts. I did great over Christmas. Drank enough low fat egg nog to float a ship, ate sugar cookies and still lost 1lb a week. Life is good. Calories are never a problem keeping my carbs down, now that can be a bit of a problem lol. My one big thing I am working on is getting my fat % up and the carbs down a bit.

The doc and dietitian/nutritionist said I should be at about 23 to 25% fat and that 7 to 10% sat fat is good. I don't always hit that. I was going about 21% and they said that was the reason my skin was so dry and my hair was falling out to much. I have noticed if I keep the % up I don't have those problems. I don't use powders, drinks or anything like that. Just good old fashion food and getting those required amounts of the four basic food groups in.

I also found, this was real real nice lol. I can eat much more than I thought and still maintain this 1lb a week weight loss. Is kind of funny, it isn't always 1lb a week. Sometimes it is 2lbs in two weeks. That probably has to do with weight fluctuating. Is one of the reason I only like to do a weigh in every couple of weeks lol. I don't like to see a week I haven't lost anything.

Oh my gosh, I love your avatar. My card club name is Angel Brat. I was told by an old friend I meet the daily minimal requirements to be called a brat so I also go by Minimal Brat lol. That avatar is me lol. You ever get another avatar please let me know so I can use it lol.

Shimmeringsun
01-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Hey Shy,

Congrats on making it through christmas and still managing to keep losing weight! Great job! :yay:
Yes I am doing the same thing as you, I mean no powders or drinks just the normal way of more veggies, fruits and of course no junk food, though I admit I have become a professional at finding "healthier junk food" *LOL*
Smart move with the 2 week weigh in's maybe I should try that! Though I would have to lock up my scale and throw away the key as I love my scale :rolleyes:
Thanks about the avatar I cannot remember where I found it, I found a couple of cool angel ones out there, if I can find the site again I will send it to you!
Have a great day!

Shy Moment
01-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Shimmering
Oh I have worked hard on finding low fat, low cal yummy snacks lol. I don't do without my snack everyday lol. I swear by weight watchers fudge bars and skinny cow ice cream sandwiches.

Shimmeringsun
01-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Shy, I love my sour cream and onion rice cakes I pretend that they are chips *LOL*
So are we the only two that are in here anymore, do we have to chase some people down!? :kickbutt:

countrygirl7902
01-03-2008, 07:04 PM
YAY! i'm so glad there is some chatter in here!!! i've been so sad that our numbers have dwindled. i haven't posted much cuz i felt like i've was talking to myself. wonder where everyone went?

i've also gotten back to my healthy eating this week. my weight's been up and down within about 2-3lbs since thanksgiving, and as of today i am at the weight i was about a month ago. everytime i start eating junk for a few days i put on about 3 lbs of water weight. well, at least i have gained. i'm really back on track now - went to the store and stocked up on fruits, veggies, low fat lunch meat, and healthy snacks. i'm feeling really optimistic and motivated right now. we'll see how long that lasts! LOL

the other thing is that i quit smoking. it wasn't a new year's resolution. it's just something i needed to do and have been putting off. i promised my 5 year old that i would quit and he promised he wouldn't start smoking when he's older. LOL so there's my motivation.

shimmering - speaking of "healthier junk food," i saw an add in WW magazine for these muffins and brownies that are low cal, 0-1.5g fat, and really high in fiber and protein. i haven't tried them yet, but i will. the website is www.vitalicious.com

Shy Moment
01-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Country
I was wondering the same thing. I post everyday and feel all alone sometimes. Shimmering and a couple of others pop in thank heavens. Is the same on the other threads too. I got so use to talking to people every day Is kind of lonely when people don't come in and chat.

My daughter asked me on new years again if I was still going to quit smoking when I got down to 120. I said yes I am and I might even do it before then. The more healthy I make my body by losing weight the more it is praying on my mind I have to stop smoking. I am afraid of gaining weight back because of it. I have a cig in my mouth all the time if I am not eating, drinking or typing lol. It has to be done. I have decided this, now it is not IF I quit it is WHEN at 120 like I said or before.

You have made some good decisions. The biggest is getting the junk out of the house and filling it with food that is good for you. I love fruit, give me a nice sweet snack that is good for the body.

Shimmering
I love the fat free Pringles potato chips lol. There use to be so many of us. Have no idea where everyone has gone. I think it is a shame, and this might be part of it. People gain weight back and they are gone. We all need support, we all need to acknowledge that we have messed up and move on.

I am sure when I ate a couple dozen sugar cookies it wasn't good for me lol. Thank heavens it didn't effect my weight but still I had to say it, I had to acknowledge it and see what I had done. You can't do that to often and it not mess up the hard work you have done to lose weight. I never really thought about it until I saw it typed out. I was ashamed of myself. Didn't matter if I still lost weight that week. What mattered was I made a really bad decision for my body to eat all those cookies ( not at one time of course lol ). We live, we learn, we move on. Once again, there are NO sugar cookies in the house. See even I mess up from time to time and need to confess. I am not sure I could stick with this if I didn't come in here everyday and chat.

I get private messages from time asking how I never mess up. I don't think those people pay attention to my posts or maybe they just miss the ones where I say I have messed up. ( ok, I don't mess up to often. I want the weight off, I know how I have to do that. Nothing tastes as good as getting healthy feels. ) Well first since my " Rennie " plan allows me to have anything I want. There is no eating something I shouldn't. Second, I tell people of course I eat to much of this or that from time to time. I have such a wide range of calories I allow myself 1200 to 1400 just about anything fits in there. I also allow myself a day a month that I don't care about calories or such. Heck how do you think a person can have a strawberry crepe at Bob Evans ( ok I only had half of it ) if they didn't give them selfs a fun day from time to time. BUT just because you can doesn't mean you should. I mean I could push my husbands ex wife off a bridge lol doesn't mean I should now does it lol.

Shimmeringsun
01-04-2008, 07:49 AM
YEAH another person! :D Poor Shy was probably tired of just chatting with me! *LOL*
Hey countrygirl, I am back for good, christmas is over and I need to get back on track, so you will see me in here everyday if possible! Good for you getting back on track, sounds like you are getting serious! We are here for you for when you have trouble keeping on track, you can come in here and vent! And I hear you on the gaining weight but you have nothing on me, I am sad to say I must have gained 8 pounds over the holidays! I mean what the!? I swear I have a week off and gain twice as much as everyone else! *L*
Congrats also on quitting smoking, good luck with that! :dust:
Thanks for the ideas but the problem is alot of that yummy healthy snack foods do not come to Canada, when I go to the U.S. there are tonnes of 100 Cal packs and such, here in Canada we have about 5....*LOL*

Shy, it sure went down quickly when everyone vanished :( Maybe if people see we are talking in here daily they might start coming back. Has anyone heard from Faerie? I was wondering how she is doing.
I like your plan, and it seems to really work for you which is great. I think everyone has their own little healthy eating plan that works for them you just have to try a few things until you get into the grove.
I am so ready to get back to the gym but I know it will be crazy busy as everyone joins a gym for their New Years resolution.....bleh

Have a great day you two! :)

tigger175
01-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Hey everyone,

It's nice to see people talking in here again. My Christmas actually went pretty well- I lost 2 lbs even though I allowed myself to cheat a little.

Shimmeringsun- I understand how crazy the gyms get around this time of the year. The classes I go to at the gym about doubled in size. Although I have found that playing out in the snow is a good way to get a workout without the crowds (minus all the bruises I got from crashing while I was sleding)

I Hope everyone keeps coming here!

Dee

Shy Moment
01-04-2008, 05:13 PM
tigger
That is great. I think sometimes we find we restrict our selfs to much. Nothing wrong with a little snack. Nothing wrong with enjoying the holidays too.

Shimmering
I never get tired of chatting with you lol. You are right. Each of us finds what works for us. I had to tweak here and there until I got to where I am. Now I am finding I can eat a ton more than I do and still lose weight. This would be great if I didn't already have a hard time some days getting in all the food I want to eat as it is lol.

countrygirl7902
01-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Shy - maybe it was just quiet cuz of the holidays and everyone was too busy eating to chat LOL :eating2: you have a great attitude about healthy eating, about nothing being of limits. you said "Nothing tastes as good as getting healthy feels." i feel the same way because when i end up going off plan and eating way too much of a food i love, i end up feeling bad and not satisfied the way i wanted to feel.

Shimmering - don't worry about those 8 pounds. you'll lose them again in no time! thanks for the welcome back. i've missed you and the others! i was also wondering where Faerie is :( and silly me, i keep forgetting you're so far away!

Dee - good to hear from you! i have yet to get up the courage to go to a class at a gym. ugh i hate exercising in front of people.

we need to track down some newbies who would like to join our group. that is where we got started after all!

tigger175
01-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Countrygirl- I absolutely love going to classes at my gym. There are so many different kinds that I never get sick of exercising (like I do when I just run) and having someone directing me keeps me going for longer than I would alone. I first started going in August and I first I was shy, but I realized that since the class was just starting up a lot of people were new and I actually ended up making two friends who kept me motivate and accountable. You should try it! Since so many people will be signing up around this time of year it would be a good time for you to sign up too. It would help if you had a friend to go with you.

Shy- I agree with your thinking! It's ok to enjoy treats as long as they are sensible and we don't overindulge.

Well tonight I'm going to the trans-siberian orchestra so I'm really excited! Hopefully I can eat a healthy dinner before I go.

Dee

Shy Moment
01-04-2008, 08:27 PM
I sometimes think I have a different way of looking at things because I have never been on a diet. Never had to lose weight before. I haven't been beaten down with trying and not succeeding. Maybe that is why it all seems so easy to me. I am one of the lucky ones. I found so many great people here. I can pay attention to what everyone else is doing and incorporate bits and pieces of what they are doing " like the walk away the lb videos " into what I do.

newstart33
01-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Hello everyone, I was invited here by countrygirl and although I didn't read the entire thread, it sure seems like a great place to belong.
I have just started my weight loss journey a week ago and truly feel like this time it is going to be the one. The difference being that I am not sticking to a hard core diet, I am changing my way of eating with everyday exercise. I think it will work the best once I hit the maintenance stage as I am making a lifestyle change that doesn't restrict me altogether. Fingers crossed that this way of thinking works.
Has anyone set a goal size rather than a goal weight? My goal weight on my ticker says 120, but I may never get to it. I would like to reach a size 8, but probably would be happy with a 10.
Look forward to getting to know all of you. Thanks for inviting me countrygirl.
Bev

Shy Moment
01-04-2008, 08:52 PM
WELCOME Bev
You have come to a great place. There really are a great group of woman here. Sometimes I think we get way to hung up on weight. I want to be healthy, I want to be in shape, firmed and toned. Will 120 be that goal who knows, was just a weight to put down. Just because I looked great at that weight before the weight gain, doesn't mean I will now. Might need to weigh less might be happy with weighing more.

You have done a good thing by deciding lower intake and exercise. I hope the same thing. The exercise is going to tone and firm my body as I take this journey to a more healthy and thinner person.

newstart33
01-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Shy, Thanks for the welcome. I think that I am going to like it here. Can I ask you what is the "Rennie" plan? I have never heard of it before. Sure seems to be working for you, you don't have much more to go to your goal. Mini goal is to get to 200. Seems like a lot, but quite honestly it has been about 5 years since I have been below that.
Oh well, not the time to look back with regrets.
Bev

Shimmeringsun
01-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Hey everyone!

And welcome to Bev! :) And to be honest my goal size right now I would be happy with a size 12! Sure 8-10 would be great but I would be over the moon to be a size 12 I haven't been that since probably high school!

Dee I start back at the gym on Monday, lets hope I get a machine or its not going to be pretty :bomb: hee hee

Shy I agree its great here as you get read everyone else's tips that work for them and I try and incorporate some that in my healthy ways. I like to say healthy instead of diet it sounds much better :lol:

Countrygirl only I can gain 8 pounds at the drop of a hat I swear! Just like I have that special body that takes me 30 pounds to go down a size...I like to hold on to that body fat :halfempty So I have to step it up and get losing again plus my sister thinks its a great idea that we join this biggest loser thing at the gym on Monday, they don't weigh you but they measure you, bleh I no one knows my measurements other than me so this will be scary :fr: but maybe this will keep me going since it goes for 8 weeks and they will probably measure you several times. Wish me luck!

Ok I have to be honest my sister and I are going to McDonalds for breakfast tomorrow so it will be a major calorie morning! :eating2: I had to laugh at her as she is calling it the last meal *LOL*

Have a great night everyone!

Shy Moment
01-04-2008, 10:53 PM
New
Since my name is Rennie and I made up the plan, it is called the Rennie plan lol. I am not real strict with myself. I have myself at 1200 to 1400 calories. If I go over or under that is fine. I want to average between those numbers every week. I give myself one day a month that I don't worry about it at all. I don't go hog wild but you can't half half a strawberry crepe at Bob Evens and stay within those number or bbq chicken lol. I watch what I eat but I don't do without. Eating sensibly has nothing to do with never having things you like. I have myself between 30 and 35 grams of fat and 180 and 210 carbs. As I said before, those numbers aren't set in stone. I do try to keep my fat up to 23% and 25% the dietitian/nutritionist said the reason my hair was falling out to much and my skin was so dry was because I didn't have enough fat. Don't have those problems if I keep my fat up. BUT that is just me. Doesn't mean this is right for everyone. I keep my saturated fat below 9% even thou I was told I could go as high as 12%. I have a snack everyday. Might be a can of mountain dew. You will learn I loveeeeeeeee mountain dew lol. Might be a weight watchers fudge bar or a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. My plan is about portion control, it is about keeping fat and carbs down, it is about not doing without but it is about eating in a healthy fashion.

Shimmering
I don't think of what I am doing as a diet. This is how I will eat forever. I have nothing to crave or go back to because I don't do without a thing. I love to exercise now. Leslie makes it so fun. I like how easy it is. I don't want to be buff or have muscles. Just want to firm and tone up. It is happening little by little. It is also so good for me, why would I stop. I want to live a very long and healthy life.

I was 21 over the amount of carbs I am happy with taking in for a day. That is fine. I will just keep an eye on carbs the next couple of days and it will all work itself out.

countrygirl7902
01-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Bev so glad you're here! i think that setting a goal size is a really good idea. it's a more concrete goal that you can visualize. it's good motivation. i have a goal weight(135) that i will adjust as i get closer because i don't really know what size i'll be wearing at that point. i also would be happy at size 10 but 8 would be even better! and absolutely right about not looking back with regret. when i let myself get caught up with past failure i just give up.

Dee thanks for the encouragement to join a class. i have a membership at Curves, which i don't consider to be a gym. i'm pretty comfortable there now but i need to expand my horizons. i like doing yoga at home with a DVD so i've been thinking about looking for a yoga class to join when my Curves membership expires. but i need a bit of a kick in the pants. LOL

Shy i also like to incorporate other people's strategies into my own plan. that's why i love it here so much. the one big thing is that i'm trying to change my thinking to be more like you - viewing this as a lifestyle not a diet.

Shimmering speaking of going down a size, i have no idea how much it will take for me to move down a pants size. kind of annoying. i'm a 14 right now (i have size 12 jeans that have been so stretched out that they really are more like a 14. they're too tight but i wear them anyway :dizzy: LOL) i can't wait to fit into a true 12 (and not have to stuff myself into them), but i have lost most of my weight in my upper body. argh. the A** fat just won't budge and i have the infamous 'thunder thighs'. good luck with the biggest loser thing! i don't get measured often but maybe that will be more motivating because you're measurements might change even when your weight doesn't because you're building muscle.

i'm so excited because i ordered a new yoga DVD and i'm waiting for it to get here. when i start getting lazy with exercise or healthy eating, i get myself something new. i'm like a child, i get so excited about new toys but then get bored with them after a while.
Lola

tigger175
01-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Welcome Bev!

I'm feeling pretty good today. I didn't eat any icecream/popcorn/junk at the concert last night and I did't even feel deprived - I didn't want to eat it. And it payed off because I woke up .4 lbs lighter today (which isn't much but it's good to see) However I'm seeing that as I get closer to my goal weight I keep losing slower, which is pretty frustrating. I finally decided my new years goal - this year I'm going to work on toning up and getting in shape.

So I have a question for all of you. After I gained a lot of weight quickly when I was on steriods for a medical problem I developed a lot of stretch marks. Even now that I've lost some weight they are still there. Has anyone tried any creams/treatments that have worked?

I hope everyone has a great day!

Dee

FinallyReady
01-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi Everyone! Just signed up at 3FC and thought I'd check out this group... Thanks for the invite Lola! I have about 75 pounds to lose, and am doing a kind of Weight Watchers / Alli hybrid thing. I love Weight Watchers as a way to gradually lose weight, and learn how to portion food properly (which is my biggest problem).

~Dawn

nrsldy
01-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi ladies
I know I haven't been around lately. Busy with appts for my daughter, she has been in and out of hospital twice sincce before Christmas. She is home now but scherduled to go back next Friday for another round of chemo and then stem cell transplant in mid Feb. If anyone isn't it would be wonderful if you all get tested to be on the National Registry, especially if you are in a minority group. Thank-fully there are several matches for my daughter on the resgistry. We just try to take one day at a time and get through each day as best we can.
I had a good Christmas and a great New Year. We brought Heather home on New Years Eve day. Best New Years present ever.

Shy-My camera is a Kodak easy share, we don't have the docking station but you can take the chip to any photo place and pick which ones you want developed. I think the quality is great.

We started a "Biggest Loser" contest at work this past Thursday and runs until week before Easter. We pay $2.00 each week and the winner takes the pot. I have a treadmill at home and need to get my butt in gear. I'm not eating any special foods, just watching what I put in my mouth.

Bev-I really like mini goals. If I set to high a goal then it seems impossible to reach. I like 5-10# goals each month. 1-2 #/week works good then you tend to keep it off.

Dee-My daughter was on heavy doses steroids for her cancer and also got a lot of stretch marks. She has since lost the weight but the marks are still there. They are lighter in color but still present. For a scar she has she has been putting on that Mederma and it has really lightened it, I don't know if it would work for stretch marks or not. I've also Vitamin E capsules work, just poke with a pin and rub oil on marks. I think it also comes in a bottle. Check at your GNC store if there is one near you. Good Luck and Welcome.

Good luck to everyone in the New Year.

Sherri

tigger175
01-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Sherri, I'm glad to hear things are going better with your daughter. I hope everything turns out ok.

I forgot to tell everyone... I bought a pedometer! It won't arrive for a few days (it was on sale online) but I can't wait to start using it. I think it will be very motivating. I need to decide how many steps to take a day...

Dee

newstart33
01-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Dee, I have stretch marks too, quite a few of them actually. I have heard that cocoa butter will help. It won't get rid of them completely, but will make them less visible, from what I have heard. Let me know. Good luck.

Welcome Dawn, good for you for joining a support thread. I myself have only been here for a couple of days, but it has added extra motivation for me. Hope it does the same for you.

Sherri, very nice to hear that your daughter is home. Going through my fair share of cancer with family members I can relate to the stress that you go through. Best wishes to you and your family.

Lola, I wish I knew how much it would take to go down a size too. It would certainly make my goals easier to attain (at least I think) If I kniew that I had only 10 more pounds to be able to pull another pair of pants of the closet would be nice. I tell you I sure can't wait until I am no longer plus size. What a great day that will be! My guess is that I will have to be below 200 to achieve that since I am kind of short.

I just finished supper and had chinese food, I worked all day and didn't feel like cooking. I did take it in moderation and I had good lunch so hopefully it won't screw me up that much. On the plus side I didn't have any fried foods, just some rice and chow mein.

I am going to play darts with my husband and then pop on the treadmill for a while.

Have a good night ladies.

countrygirl7902
01-06-2008, 12:07 AM
welcome Dawn! glad you're here!

well ladies, i didn't too bad today. i snacked a bit, but stayed on plan. and i exercised at curves today. tomorrow is my son's b-day party, which means pizza and cake. i have no intentions of not eating pizza and cake. we're going to chucky cheese's, so i know the pizza will be gross but i'm eating it anyway LOL. and i made the cake with egg whites, so it's not quite as bad. i'm not too worried about it though cuz i've done well this week eating and exercising.

Dee good job on not eating any junk at the concert! :cp: i've heard that it's common for weight loss to slow down as you get closer to goal. i don't have any experience in that area, but what i've heard is that increasing either the amount or intensity of exercise can help:?: and i have stretch marks too, mostly on my belly. but i don't know what works - i'm afraid to spend money on it if it doesn't work! as for the pedometer, if i were you i would wear it a couple of days and see how many steps you typically take in a day. then try to increase it based on that.

Sherri good to see you back. i'm sure it's really hard to find time to sit at the computer with everything else going on. hang in there. we're all thinking about you and your daughter. :hug:

Bev my problem is i'm so impatient. i want to know what size i'll be, what i look like, how my life will change. i hate waiting! but being impatient just makes it harder to start focused and on track. ugh. mmmm chinese. oh that sounds so good right now. i love it, i just have a hard time making a healthy choice and not overeating.

Shy Moment
01-06-2008, 10:04 AM
countrygirl
Doing pretty good I see. You enjoy Chuck E Cheese. I remember those days. Oh but nasty pizza lol.

New
I love house fried rice. I haven't had any because I haven't found a place yet that can give me nutritional information on what they sell. Might find a place someday then I will gobble it down lol.

tigger
I am going to get one of those for this summer when we walk the parks all the time. What kind did you get? Does it matter if you pay big bucks or just a few dollars? I gained most of my weight the same way, meds meds and more meds. I have some stretch marks but they are very thin and very light. You can use oils and such to help fade them a bit but nothing really gets rid of them. Mine are all covered with underclothes so I don't worry about them to much. I figure if a two piece bathing suit will cover them, I am not going to worry about them lol. If you find anything that really works let me know. My daughter has some terrible red ones from stretching a lot for tennis.

nrs
I have to have one I can put stuff on the computer lol. If I have to take it to have them made, it will turn out like my expensive 35 mm. Will sit in a drawer with pics years old never developed lol. I don't eat special food either. Just try to get the required amounts of the four basic food groups in and exercise a bit.

Dawn
I am a Dawn too lol. Portion sizes and getting our body's moving really is the way to go. It is something we can do for the rest of our lives.

Shimmeringsun
01-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a great weekend!

Shy, I don't call it a diet either, its a lifestyle change as you said it will have to be something for a lifetime. Yes once I get back to the gym regularly I will love it again and will really enjoy it, I find once you take a bit of time off with exercise its hard to get back in the groove again. Have you ever checked out the website calorie king? It might give you info on chinese food places, but probably only chain resturants. But I know there is all the info on that website.

Lola, see my body type is the oppisite of yours, I gain more in the top and am smaller in the bottom, its hard as I have gone down in pants but it has taken me forever to lose in my upper body, I hate it! :( I have that lovely apple figure...yuck *LOL* Good luck with that DVD hopefully you will really enjoy it and it will keep you going for awhile! I hope you enjoyed your pizza at chucky cheese and your son had a great b-day party! :)

Dee good job at the concert, and for losing some weight! :) You will be walking like crazy with that new pedometer seeing if you can get more steps in each day!

Hi Dawn and welcome!! :)

Hi Sherri, Happy New Year to you also, sounds like you had a wonderful New years with your daughter at home! Good luck with the Biggest Loser thing at work sounds like it will be some nice money to win at the end!

Bev I have read the best choices for chinese food is the chow mein, so good going! Hope you enjoyed it!

Have a great day everyone!

newstart33
01-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Lola, have a great time at your son's b'day party. One day isn't going to set you back. Maybe have a healthy snack at home so you aren't quite as hungry when you get there. Just a thought.:shrug:

I absolutely agree with everyone about it not being about a diet, but a lifestyle change. Not to say that you can't lose weight on a diet plan, but it is a bit harder to keep the weight off if limit yourself from a lot of foods. My sister inlaw joined LA Weight Loss back at the beginning of december. Granted she has lost about 15lbs so far, but the way she eats to me doesn't make sense. It is mostly about protein with little carbs and a few fruits and veggies (remind you of Atkins) and next to zero salt. She may reach her goal of 160, but she is going to have to eat like that the rest of her life in order to keep it off. I would fall off the wagon the day after my final weigh in I know it.:hun: Maybe I misunderstand the "plan" I don't know, what I do know is that it is really expensive. She paid $1000 just for the plan and has to buy LA Lite bars weekly because she is supposed to eat 2/day. Oh well.

Time to go grab some breakfast. I am having oatmeal today, as I do pretty much everyday. Hit the treadmill after and do some weight training. Haven't done that in a while and I should be doing it more regularly to keep my skin from going flabby once I lose the weight.

Have a great day everyone.

tigger175
01-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Shy - amazon is having a sale so i bought this one for over 50% off ~$19.45 (hopefully the link will work, if not let me know and i'll send it to you):

amazon.com/gp/product/B000MCD2SS/ref=s9_asin_title_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0N5YK2QKMSYWEH1P487X&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=278240701&pf_rd_i=507846

It has the best reviews and you can either clip it onto you or you can put it in a bag or your purse and it is still accurate. With my past experience you don't need to buy anything super expensive but if you pay $6, your only getting $6 of value and it will likely break or be innaccurate. So if your going to use it regularly, paying $25 for a pedometer is reasonable.

I have a pear body shape and carry a lot of weight in my hips and thighs, which causes problems because when I find pants that fit my legs, the pants gap in back.

I have a lot of stretch marks on my legs, which won't be hidden by my swimsuit, but Ill try oils and let everyone know.

Thanks everyone for the support! I made one of this weight trackers for my signature so hopefully it works!

Dee

countrygirl7902
01-06-2008, 02:10 PM
New i have low sugar instant oatmeal about every weekday, cuz it's more filling than cereal and just as fast. it get kinda old after a while though. sometimes i put raisins in it or something. but i think i need a new breakfast idea.

tigger and shimmering ugh. i hate being a pear. if i could only lipo some fat out of my thunder thighs and insert it into my boobs. then i'd be happy. lol

well i'm off to party it up at chuck e cheese. :carrot:

FinallyReady
01-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I agree with you all about this being a lifestyle change, I've really been trying to remind myself that this is forever. I think it makes it a little easier too! I don't want to count points or calories for the rest of my life, I want to learn what size portions are healthy and what types of foods I should eat often and then just eat that way. It helps to remind myself that I don't have to carry this silly journal around forever...

I had a bridal consultant at some store once tell me that it takes 10 pounds to lose a dress size. I'm sure that's different for every individual at least it's a guideline.

Happy Monday everyone, and have a great week!

~Dawn

newstart33
01-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Finally Ready, I am sure that 10lbs on an average person would be a dress size, but on me I am sure that for now I would need to lose at least 20-25 to go down a size. That is just my estimate, funny that I didn't pay attention to how many pounds I gained to go up a size. lol

My Mom and I are doing this together, and our weigh ins are on mondays. We phone each other and compare notes. I started the friday before so I am a couple of days ahead of her. Long story short is that I am down another 2lbs since friday.

I will try and stick to weighing only on fridays or at least updating my tickers once a week. That was a pain. Is there an easier way to do it than reconfiguring the ticker from scratch and editing the signature? I was just so excited to see another two pound loss that I needed to take note of it.

Have a good day everyone.

tigger175
01-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Hey everyone!

I think that I have gone down a dress size about every 10-12 pounds. Although gaining muscle can also make a big difference because you can lose inches without losing pounds so I think it really matters whether you are just dieting or dieting with exercise.

Newstart if you go into edit signature and then look at the address it will have 3 numbers in it. My ticker is the weight change one, but if I edit the last number to how many pounds I have lost it changes. Just mess around with the last number till you figure out how to work it.

So I have had a great last two days. For christmas I got new workout videos and I've been doing them everyday. They've been kicking my butt but I already feel more musclular (and I have sore muscles that I didn't even know I had!) Also, last night I played the game Rock Band and played the drums and guitar and had a great time. It's great having a video game thats both fun and active.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Dee

countrygirl7902
01-07-2008, 06:56 PM
just stopping to check in real quick. i'm exhausted and don't have the energy to write much. i did ok yesterday despite going to chuck e cheese for the pizza party. problem is that i had a couple of leftover pieces of pizza right before bed.:( and another one when i got home from work today.:p oh well. i'm not going to get too upset about it. i'll be better tomorrow.

i got my new yoga video in the mail today and will try it out tonight. good thing too, cuz i didn't have time to work out at curves after work like i planned cuz i had to babysit my nephew.

later Sexy Chicks! keep up the good work!

Shy Moment
01-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Country
Remember in all things, you come first, how you eat and the time you need for working out. You have helped take care of everyone for years. Now is your time.

Tigger
My son wants that rock band. Oh but do I want to hear it lol. I do walking videos Mon - Fri. Aren't they great? I love them, gets me moving.

Changing sizes I guess can depend on the person. I didn't go down a pant size until I had lost about 35lbs. I have gone down another pant size since then.

Newstart
I do a weigh in at the docs office every two weeks. That is when I change my ticker. If I have to be at her office for some reason I will go ahead and do a weight in and change the ticker but thats it. I got a scale for a couple of reasons. One being the biggest looser change that is going to start here on the site pretty quick. We have to do a weekly weigh in. I still won't change my ticker but every two weeks. Weigh fluctuates to much. I can see that I might not lose anything in a week but I lose 2lbs every to weeks.

Shimmering
I have found Chinese food at a few places BUT I don't eat anything unless I know exactly what is in it. If I can't get accurate calories and such from it I don't eat it. That is one of the ways I control what I eat. I have just been making it myself. Fried rice, beef, chicken, pork. I don't like shrimp or crab or lobster in it. Use to pick it out and give it to the kids lol.

salsa sarah
01-08-2008, 04:34 AM
so i finaly got a job!!! It feels soooo good
I'm going to be working a Supper Cuts
This wasen't my first chouse but I think this is where I am suposed to be
the people there seem realy nice
Im just soo happy to be working agin
I haven't worked in almost 2 years and it has ben realy hard
I was in school 40 hours a week for almost a year and a half
It was all werth it though Im going to be doing a job I love and thats what counts in the end right
I love doing hair and I senserly care for people and love making someones day
I meen dont you feel great after a day a the salon
belive it or not a good haircut can do so much for someone
when you look good you feel good
when you feel good you do better at work, your nicer to people, and generaly happienes is contajus
I just feel so happy to be able to afect people in hopefully a positive way
Some people dont understand what a hair stylist dose
Its not just cutting someones hair we also become theripist
people tell thier sylist everything, things they dont even tell there friends sometimes
when they get thier hair don its a very personal experienc they get to feel pampered, they get to vent about thier problems and generaly just unwind from all the drama in thier lives. We all need to do that sometimes
So my gole is to be the best hair stielist I can be

Shimmeringsun
01-08-2008, 07:45 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Lola don't worry about having that pizza it was just one little treat, today is a new day! :)

Dee glad to hear you are enjoying your new workout videos, its always great when you find one you really like, it keeps you going.

Dawn I have heard too about 10 pounds being one size, unfortunately that does not work for me, it took me over 30 pounds to finally go down a size, my damn body keeps a grip on my body fat *LOL*

NewStart Congrats on the two pound weight loss!

Shy making your chinese food at home is probably smarter you like you said you will know what goes in it and it will probably be ALOT healthier!

Well I was back to the gym last night and it was stinking HOT in there, we are having really mild temperatures right now so with no air on at the gym it I was really sweating in 10 mins. The good news was there were empty machines so I didn't have to take anyone out :lol:

Have a great day everyone! :)

FinallyReady
01-08-2008, 09:48 AM
WooooHoooo! Down 5 pounds! I'm sure that it's mostly water weight, since it hasn't even been a week yet and I'm only excercising sporadically at this point, but I'll take it where I can get it! :)

Congratulations on the new job Sarah!

newstart33
01-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Finally Ready, Congrats on the 5lb loss. I am with you, I take it where I can get it. 5lbs is 5lbs. Keep up the good work.

Shimmering, it is miserable when the gym isn't comfortable. Good for you for sticking through it. I hate being too hot.

Salsa, good for you for getting a job. It does feel great to get out. You sound thrilled for the opportunity. I have my own business and I work from home. I have been doing it for about 4 years now, and it was time to get myself a job on the side to get out of the house. It doesn't hurt that it is incredible pay for running a cash register plus it is government so it comes with great benefits.

Shy, you are right that weight fluctuates too much. I may opt for a two week weigh in later on down the road, I am just really excited to see a change right now.

Off to have some breakfast and hit the treadmill. I was going to do weight training yesterday but didn't. Oops:^:

Have a great day everyone.

tigger175
01-08-2008, 08:32 PM
I didn't work out today so I feel a little guilty... but I guess it's ok to take a day off. I just feel like once I take a day off I end up taking 5 days off and then just not going. But tomorrow there is a kickboxing class at my gym so its my goal to go there. This class is so hard!! It's a male teacher and he has no mercy. If you slack on an exercise he makes you do it again.

On a good note I went grocery shopping today and bought all healthy things- fruit, veggies, oatmeal. Even though my roommate bought icecream and coffee cake I resisted. Hooray! However, I'm craving something sweet even though I just ate dinner an hour ago. I must control myself because I know I'm not actually hungry.

Sarah congrats on the job and Dawn good job with the weigth loss! I'd love to lose 5 pounds so quickly :)

I made it .2 lbs below my mini goal today :)
I've made it here once before but then I gained a lot back because I started eating badly. I thought i deserved to cheat. But I know eating badly shouldn't be a reward, it's bad for me. I deserve to be healthy and happy with my body.

Good Luck everyone!

Dee

newstart33
01-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Dee, I went to the grocery store and bought all healthy foods the other day too, yesterday I was complaining that there wasn't anything to eat in the house. I think I may have went a little to healthy. :) Huge congrats on exceeding your mini goal.

I didn't have such a good day yesterday. Started off really good and by about 4pm it started to go down hill. I was at my brother's house and he had just made pizza, asked if I wanted a slice and after a very brief hesitation I agreed. I figured since I blew the day I might as well have another. Boy did I feel guilt (still do actually) Ended up having a grapefruit for supper since I wasn't really hungry, but wouldn't you know by 10pm guess who is starving and not wanting to eat carrot sticks. I ended up having a ham sandwich with no veggies and on white bread too. Not the best thing to do straight before bed. Add that to no treadmill time and the day was pretty much shot.

Here is hoping to a better day.

Shy Moment
01-09-2008, 01:50 PM
new
Healthy does not mean " nothing in the house to eat " lol. I have vanilla wafers in the house, fat free pudding and low fat ice cream. Weight watchers makes some great snacks like little cakes and slim cow has ice cream sandwiches that are really good. All of these snacks are low in fat and pretty low in carbs. You can have 9 of the vanilla wafers and still be pretty low in the fat in carb categories. You just need to make some choices of what you want to have and have a few things in the house you like but aren't going to kill you in the " eating way over the limits" categories. You also need to get out of the " i blew the day" thinking. Just because you have something that doesn't really fit into what you allow yourself for the day doesn't mean just chuck the day. It is hard to find what works but it will happen. You just have to keep tweaking what you are doing.

tigger
Maybe trying making your meals smaller. Split what you have planned for one meal into two meals. Will give you more to eat thu out the day and you won't feel hungry. I was having problems with my knees. I was told the body should have a day off. It needs to rest. Don't feel guilt. Make sure you give your body the time it needs. I sure do understand when you don't exercise it is hard to get going again. I really have to make myself exercise on Mondays after not exercising on Sundays. I have a snack everyday, most of them are low fat and pretty low carb like a Weight watchers fudge bar. I am doing this for life. I want to enjoy each and everyday. Nothing wrong with making sure you have what you want. Just have to remember if I have something I want today, I have to wait until tomorrow to have something else I want.

Sarah
Congrats on the job.

FinallyReady
01-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi Everyone! I am wondering how you all decided on your goal weight? I find that for me having a specific goal is very motivating, but yet I'm not sure how to set it.

I had said 150, because that was about where my BMI seemed normal, but I'm very tall and have always had very dense muscle mass, so my mom thinks I'm crazy and that 150 is way too low for me...

How did you guys make this decision?

newstart33
01-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Ready, I mentioned a little while back as we were just talking about this, that I have more of a goal size in mind since I have been overweight much of my adult life. I have no idea what weight will be my goal, but would like to be size 8-10-12, wherever I feel the most comfortable. You are absolutely right and that everyone carries weight differently. I am the same size as my sis inlaw and weigh 30lbs more than she does and she is 2" taller than I am. I still have a goal of 120, but I will revise it as I go. I say pick a number you are comfortable with now and if it needs to be changed later than that's okay.

Shy, thanks for the encouragement. As for the snacks, I am trying to limit my sugar intake at the moment as it is a huge weakness of mine. I am trying to curb that craving with fruit. When I feel like I have that part in control I will allow more low fat snacks. As for now I fear that I would purge if it were available to me. Thanks for the advice on some good snacks.

Does anyone pee almost non stop. I have only had 5-8oz glasses of water so far today and I go to the bathroom every 20 mins or so. The roll of toilet paper is sure getting low in a hurry. :) Am I just losing some water weight?

Keep up the good work ladies.

tigger175
01-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Hey everyone!

Thanks for the advice! Shy, I have a small stomach so I generally tend to eat many smaller meals about every three hours. Only I heard on Oprah the other day that eating that often can increase insulin resistance. Does anyone know anything about that? Oh, but on the plus side I learned that eating cinnamin (1 teaspoon a day) decreases insulin resistance and I already loved cinnamin so I've been adding like 3 teaspoons to my oatmeal in the morning.

So last night I made it to the gym for the kickboxing class and there was a new teacher. Instead of being a really really tough class for 25 minutes it was a really tough class for an hour!! For the first half hour we did punching/kicking with jumping jacks to keep our heart rate elevated and then we did her 15 minute challenge, which involved jump-roping for 5 minutes, then 20 pushups, jum-proping 1 minute, 18 pushups, jump-roping 1 minute, 16 pushups... etc. It ended with an ab workout for teh last 15 minutes and my back is sore because we did it on the hard ground (next time I'm going to ask if we can use yoga mats.) I was pretty worn out by the end of the class, but I felt so healthy that later when I was hungry I snacked on sugar snap pea pods :) And I actually really liked them. Tonight I'm either going to ab attack and yoga or bootcamp, which is a new class and I'm not sure what it entails but maybe I'll like it :-p

Newstart, I don't remembering peeing that much but you are probably fine. I don't want to worry you because I don't know your situation but my cousin who was peeing that often found out he had diabetes, but generally diabetes is accompanied by excessive thirst, and since you just started dieting and this is a new symptom I would assume the peeing is related to that change and not diabetes.

Best wishes to all,
Dee

countrygirl7902
01-10-2008, 11:08 PM
hi ladies. i won't be online much for a few days cuz i'm going to be out of town visiting my boyfriend, but i'll check in at least once over the weekend.

i'm starting to remember why in the past i never tried to quit smoking and lose weight at the same time. it's pretty much impossible. i just don't have enough self control to succeed at both. my problem is that it's really important to me to not start smoking again because i promised my son. but i don't want to give up on my healthy eating either. i've been eating nonstop the last 3 days from anxiety, since i'm not smoking. grrr. i'm doomed. i'm either going to get cancer or emphysema from smoking... or i'm going to have a heart attack from high cholesterol and blood pressure. :cry: i'm just really tired and stressed right now.

Shy Moment
01-10-2008, 11:58 PM
tigger
I really don't know. You should ask your doc about that. All I do know is that the professionals, my family doc, my tummy doc, the dietitian/nutritionist and most people I have talked to that have lost weight and kept it off. Told me that is what I should be doing. Sounds like you had a great workout. It would have killed me lol.

New
I love apples and bananas and cantaloupe and all kinds of fruits as snacks. Yes, they do have quite a few carbs in them but those carbs are good for us. Be very careful about using fruits in place of sugar. Sometimes you can have more sugar and carbs in fruit than you can have in another kind of snack.

Finaly
Before all the meds started putting weight on me I weighted 120. I weighted 120 when I got preggy with both of my children and weighted 120 when I came home from the hospital after having them. But then, I only gained 11lbs with my son and 8 with my daughter lol. It was just always a good weight for me that I didn't have to do anything to maintain it. My mbi is good at that weight too. Will that be my goal weight when I am there? Who knows, might be happy with a bit more or a bit less. It was just somewhere to start.

tigger175
01-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Hey everyone!

Country girl- have fun visiting your boyfriend and good luck with quiting smoking. I know how hard it can be from watching my father try to quit several years ago. Its important to keep promises to children, but I understand how it's hard to have two goals that seem to conflict. I read that it takes 30 days to break a habit, so maybe you should just focus only quitting smoking for the next 27 days doing the best you can with eating. I know you can do it!

Well today I went to another gym class and ate well so I'm happy :)

Happy friday all!

Dee

newstart33
01-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Countrygirl, I can imagine the stress of trying to both and feeling like something has to give. No one is perfect and if you are feeling like you can't do both then don't. Doesn't mean that you should quit one or the other entirely, but back off a bit. I suggest that you stick to quitting smoking for your son's sake, but eat healthy when you can. It is all baby steps and when you accomplish quitting smoking you will probably feel rejuvenated and will have more will power and motivation to tackle the weight loss.:hug: On a side note, my husband quit smoking about 5 years ago using zyban. It is an antidepressant med that as a side note helped with addictive behaviors. It worked for him in 7 days no kidding. No cravings, no grumpiness and has never looked back. You start out by taking the pill and continuing to smoke, he said by the 4th day cigarettes tasted so bad that he couldn't even finish them. By day 7 he couldn't even put it to his lips and just quit. The prescription is for 4 weeks and you can continue taking them if you quit earlier than that as it will help you to kick the habit and stay away from it. In Canada it needs to be prescribed by a doctor, so maybe you can make an appointment and mention it to a doc. Just a thought. Keep your chin up, whichever one you decide to do you will feel better and it will make it easier to tackle the other. We are here for support.

Okay that was longer than I intended it to be. As for me, I am skipping weigh in today and doing it on monday with my Mom. I think I have become obsessed with that thing and need to lay off.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Shy Moment
01-11-2008, 10:16 AM
new
That is the same medicine that the doc is telling me about. She said it really works. For me I want to get the weight off first. For others stopping smoking is a good idea first. Either way we all know we need to do both. I told my daughter when I got down to 120 I would quit smoking. I keep my promises. I will quit. It is funny. I didn't smoke the whole time I was expecting my daughter nor did I smoke when I nursed her lol

tigger175
01-11-2008, 01:42 PM
newstart- I understand your obsession with the scale. I weigh myself everyday. I genereally find it motivating and it keeps me in line so that when I start to see I gradually increase (ignoring normal fluctuations) I know that I need to make a change. All the times I have gained weight in the past have been times that I stopped weighing myself daily. And then after two months I would go to weigh myself and be shocked with what I saw. However, it can be tough days when I worked out the day before and ate healthy but still didn't have a loss or worse had a gain, but I know that generally that is do to normal fluctuation in weight. But you should weigh yourself however often you feel comfortable with it.

Dee

Shy Moment
01-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Weighing oneself is different for everyone. There is no right or wrong that I can see. I weigh myself at the docs office every two weeks. Check the weight at home when I get home to make sure my scale is on. That is enough for me. I only have a scale at home at all for the biggest looser challenge and encase the weather is to bad out to get to the docs office on weigh in day. If I find I want to step on that scale more often than when I do my weigh in at the docs office, once the biggest looser challenge at this site is over I will toss the scale in the trash.

salsa sarah
01-12-2008, 03:50 AM
FinallyReady
Dawn
thank you

newstart33
thank you and good for you with trying to get a job on the side
we all need to get out of our houses sometime
just interacting with people is good for you

so I start my training on monday
I cant wait!!
nayway talk to you ladys latter

Shy Moment
01-14-2008, 12:50 AM
Hope everyone is haveing a great day.

tigger175
01-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Hey everyone,

Well my weekend was alright. I worked out Friday but was too sick on Saturday to do anything and then on Sunday I played racquet ball for an hour and weight lifted. But this morning I weighed myself to show a .7 weight gain which is pretty frustrating. I'm starting to think I'm never going to lose the last 5 lbs. and that I should just focus on getting more muscular. We'll see...

Dee

FinallyReady
01-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Hello and Happy Monday!

Hang in there Country Girl... you're in a tough spot, but I'm sure you'll make it through! Are you doing anything to help with the ciggerette cravings? Like the patch, or gum, or anything else they have on the market? I'm getting ready to throw myself into the same situation. I know it might be more logical to wait until I have my weight under control, but the problem is I can't breathe well enough to get any decent excercise right now! Maybe focusing on that would help you?

I had pizza and wings this weekend! I still feel kinda guilty about it, but I told myself, if this is a life long change, then there has to be room to eat the foods I love once in a while! At least I only had one slice and a few wings instead of my usual 3 slices though... Didn't gain anything, but didn't lose anything either.

Have a great week everyone!
~Dawn

Shy Moment
01-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Finaly
There is nothing wrong with us haveing things we love in proper portions. This journey we are taking isn't about doing without. It is about eating heathy and mixing in the things we love with the things we may not love but are good for us. Nice going on the portion sizes.

tigger
Sorry to hear you aren't haveing a nice time. Being sick can cause water weigh so that might be what the problem is at the moment.

FinallyReady
01-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Here's a question... Have any of you ever lost weight before? Did you notice any type of negative impact on your social life? A few years ago, I lost quite a bit of weight due to medical issues, and felt like people treated me differently. My jokes, which had previously been funny, weren't any more, and some of my friends seemed to distance themselves from me. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this before?

~Dawn

tigger175
01-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Shy- thanks for the support. I'll keep trying :)

Yesterday I went to pilates and had a lot of fun. Today my pedometer arrived!! (Finally! That's what I get for selecting free shipping). I've worn it all day and am going to just wear it a few days to see what is my average steps per day and then work on raising it. Tonight I'm going to yoga because I'm really sore and I might even go to fitness mix (which is step, lifting, abs mix) if I feel up to it because I hardly have any homework for tomorrow.

Dawn, two years ago during the spring I went through a bunch of illnesses (I have an overactive immune system which actually is not a good thing)- I caught the flu, developed pleurisy, and then a full body rash.. all of which resulted in me feeling under the weather and having a reduced appetite. I lost quite a bit of weight and at first people complimented me but then people started trying pushing food on me like I had an eating disorder (and I wasn't even skinny!) They would ask me if I was eating and I felt like shouting at them that I was sick!

Well I'm off to the gym. I hope everyone is doing well.

Dee

nrsldy
01-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi ladies, sorry I've been gone for a while. I did lose 1# when we weighed in at work last week. Trying for more this week-at least 2#.

Lola-don't deny yourself any foods at all. When you do that you tend to over do. Just have a small piece. If I have a craving for a candy bar I will get one and that tends to satisfy me for a while. Even a regular one as I am diabetic and not supposed to have sugar. The sugar free ones just aren't as tasty.

New-My husband and I joined LA Weight Loss a couple years ago. It's just too expensive. Like you said having to buy the LA lites and such. I also did not like weighing myself 3 times a week. If I gained then it made me depressed and I would eat. So I only weigh in once a week.

Finally-5#, that is great. As far as a goal I like to set one main goal and then break it down into several smaller ones in 10-15# increments. This way I don't get to depressed if the weight doesn't come off quickly. It took me 45 years to get this big and it won't come off overnight.

Countrygirl-Just take one thing at a time. When you are ready there is a new drug out to help quit smoking. It's called Chantix. It comes in a 2 stage pack, the starter pack and then the next phase. Good luck.

Nice talking to you ladies, I will try to come on more often. Oh, I almost forgot, my daughters scans show no more Cancer. She still has to finish her Chemo and then the stemcell transplant mid Feb. We take one day at a time. She goes in tomorrow for the next round of 5 day continuous Chemo. You canntrack her progress on caringbridge.org, our site name is heatherallen. Be my guest and check it out.

Thanks for all your support.
Sherri

tigger175
01-16-2008, 01:17 AM
Hey everyone,

I made some bad choices today, I ate some things that I shouldn't have. But not to rationalize this or encourage it in the future, I know that if I want this way of eating to be long term I need to allow myself to "cheat" a little every now and again. I actually read a study that said people who cheated on a diet actually lost more weight then those who followed it perfectly. Perhaps its because we don't feel so limited. So I am going to keep a positive attitude and move forward.

Dee

dreamer12
01-17-2008, 08:10 AM
Hello ladies, I would love to join your group. I am a stay at home mother of 4 and I am at the end of wk.1 in my goal to lose 50lbs. I am having a really hard time finding good low fat foods to eat and I can use all of the help/support I can get. I bought a treadmill and have been using that for about 30-40 min. a day, but I am working towards being able to exercise more. I have to say that I love to eat and this is definately a challenge for me. I want to change my lifestyle for myself and my family... I need to feel better and be more active for my children. I just get so tired after the normal daily routine of kids/home and more and it is hard to exercise when you are already exausted. My husband is a truck driver and is gone 90% of the time, so I could really use some friends to chat with while I go through this. I wish you all well on your weight loss journey ....any help for me on mine is greatly needed and appreciated. Thanks girls!!!!

FinallyReady
01-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Welcome Michele! Great to have you here!

You're very right, this is quite a challenge! I have no idea who said it originally, but there is a lot of truth to the phrase "nothing worth having is ever easy."

Just do your best, and don't beat yourself up too bad if you slip. You'll do great!

~Dawn

Lovely
01-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Oh boy have I been gone for awhile ^^ Just wanted to pop in and say hello and glad to see everyone. I'm easing back into foruming this week. Life life life... how it happens... :)

Health-wise I'm doin' okie-dokie. Had my ups & downs over the past month that I've been missing, but I'm still making progress.

Hope everyone is doing swell!!! And I hope to catch up with everything, soon.

Shy Moment
01-19-2008, 01:33 AM
Faerie
Nice to see you here again.

Finaly ( just can't get myself to call you Dawn lol would be like I was talking to myself )
You are very right. If this were easy all the time, everyone would be doing it and we know not everyone is.

dreamer
WELCOME. When I first started this journey I ate a lot of lean cuisines and lean pockets. They taste great, are low in fat, and got my portion sizes under control. Now I find I really don't look for low fat foods. I more, change how I made the things we eat and that lowers the fat right away. Here is an example, the kids love cheese slices. Kraft now has 2% cheese slices instead of whole milk. Really dropped the fat down. Now for snacks I love skinny cow and weigh watcher snacks.

Tigger
There is no such thing as " cheating " if you remember this isn't about doing without. This is about making good choices, eating the required amounts of the four basic food groups AND making sure you fit into what you allow yourself a day the things that you love. See, lol, you call someone else Dawn and I am reading away thinking it is for me lol. I am the only Dawn we know. I was the only Dawn in high school. I hated the name. All three of my girlfriends from high school named their daughters Dawn after me. I said to them. What has that beautiful baby done that you would stick them with that name lol.

nrs
Nice going on the weight loss. Praise the Lord that your daughter is doing so well. That is such good news.

Shy Moment
01-28-2008, 10:24 PM
I check everyday, where is everyone.

newstart33
01-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Shy, I check everyday too, and noticed that nobody has been posting for a while. I didn't bother posting since I thought no one was around to read it. Maybe the board got too slow for most and they switched to other threads. I don't know.

Shy Moment
01-29-2008, 10:01 PM
I love this thread. I thought we were all getting to know each other. Our circle of friends dosn't have to have dozens of people in it. Sometimes our circle of friends are only a few people that we like.

countrygirl7902
01-31-2008, 05:23 PM
hi ladies. i know i've been gone a while. i've been bombarded with stress from every possible angle, and when things get crazy i cut myself off from my friends. :sorry: i know that's bad. but i guess i've always been like that. i've let everything get to me you know? work, family, finances, relationships... sigh. i'm overwhelmed.

i've been eating healthy on and off. more off. excercising sporatically. mostly just trying not to lose my mind while i get my life back on track. trying real hard not to have a nervous break down.

i hope you're all hanging in there. missed you! :hug:

Shy Moment
01-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Country
It can happen. Sometimes we need to take a deep breath and get rid of things that cause stress. Relationships are one of those things. If they cause to much stress they really aren't good for us. Hope things get better for you and we see you back here chatting again with us.

OneLastTime
01-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Hey Ladies ~

OK... I'm back. Sorry I was MIA for so long (two months to be exact) but I had some emotional stuff to deal with and I didn't think I would be doing anyone any good boo-hooing about my life everyday. Not a very positive influence on any of you and didn't want to drag you all down with me.

I'm sorry to see so many people gone and such sporatic posting lately. I've been thinking of all of you and missing the support you give me and I give you here so hopefully we can get it going again.

I'm feeling better mentally for the most part so I'm ready to get back on track physically. The weight news isn't bad actually... I cheated like mad for the last two months, all but gave up for most of it and only gained 2 lbs. I didn't that was bad given the holidays were during that period.

I read back through the last several pages of posts and see my sister has been here. Thank you for welcoming her and supporting my niece's illness with thoughts and prayers.

Anyway... I've missed you all and can't wait to get reaquainted again. :hug:

Shy Moment
02-01-2008, 02:56 PM
onelasttime
Nice to see you back. Hey, don't stay away because things aren't going great. That is what we are here for. We don't just talk about weight issues you know. All of us need someone to talk to and help us through tough times.

OneLastTime
02-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks Rennie :hug:

I know, turning away from the people who support is isn't the right move but isn't it wierd how most of us will do that? Withdrawn instead of out there getting the help we need? ugh. BUT... I won't do it again cuz then not only do I lose out on the support I could get here but I let you guys down too by not being there for you!! So I won't do it again.. pinky swear LOL.

I know some of you have your IM address posted here and I was actually wondering if any of you are interested in keeping in touch through IM as well so we have a better way to help keep each other on track if one of us "disappears" from this site. Not to stalk each other of course, just a friendly nudge back here if we aren't doing so well. OK... maybe just a little stalking ;) I was just thinking about it the other day and it really is too bad that we can make such good friends here and then POOF they can be gone with no way to get in touch and make sure they are ok even. I certainly don't want to IM with just anybody but some of us have gotten closer and really shared quite a bit so I thought it would be nice. Just let me know.

I'm doing ok with the weight loss. My program is a pain to follow and have any kind of social life. I know that's why following a specific program isn't always the best idea but it's the only thing that has ever worked for me. We are going to a Super Bowl party tomorrow and I'm already planning all the healthy stuff I will bring so I can munch on that instead of all the stuff I'll really want to stuff my face with!!!

Anyone else got SuperBowl plans? I'm rooting for the Patriots by the way, because my best friend is a Patriots fan and my team is already out cuz they sucked this year.

Talk to you soon!!!

OneLastTime
02-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Hi Ladies~
It looks like everyone is MIA - hopefully not eating too much bad superbowl food!! I'll be back in the morning to check in... Hope you all have a great night.
Take care! :hug:

Shy Moment
02-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Sandra
I would love to im with you. I never remember to turn the darn thing on lol. If you want to chat I am usually here lol I don't close the page just keep refreshing it. Send me a message and I will turn the messenger on. I am not going anywhere. I need you all to much. :)

OneLastTime
02-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Sounds good! Where is everyone? It looks like I'm not the only one that disappeared, huh? That's partly why I like the IM idea too.... so easy to lose touch when we really need each other the most sometimes. :hug:
I can't IM right now but I'll do that next time I have a few minutes and see you're on.
Hope your diet and exercise is going well. I'm actually struggling to "not cheat" this time around. Ugh.
Talk to you soon! :hug:

Shy Moment
02-04-2008, 04:19 PM
I can't cheat since I allow myself anything I want but I can eat to much of things. I do have somedays that things taste so darn good it is hard not to eat to much of them. Kind of like Lays potato chips lol.

I am so proud of myself. Since I had a whole day that I really had nothing to do. I decided today was going to be my 10 miles 1 mile walking/aerobic video at a time marathon day. I didn't think I was going to be able to do it but I DID IT. Wow I feel great.

OneLastTime
02-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Wooo Hoooo!!!

High five girlfriend ~ That is awesome. You should be so proud of yourself. :hug:

I'm having a good day food wise and drinking lots of water. No exercise today but that's ok cuz some days I get in a mode where I just need to get so much done around the house...little things that build up and I'm kicking butt on those so I still feel good.

I'm glad you're still here Rennie. BTW... how do you pronounce your name? Is it Rennie like the first E sound like in elephant? and the ie sound like Easter?

countrygirl7902
02-05-2008, 05:25 PM
hey Sandra,
glad you're back. i do the exact same thing and withdraw from people when i really need to reach out for help. i don't know why. i've always been like that.

i've been doing really crappy on this whole 'healthy lifestyle' stuff. every day i say, i'll get back on track tomorrow. yeah right.

Shy Moment
02-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Country
Knock it off. Pick yourself up by your boot straps and get back on the wagon. You know you can do it. We miss you chatting with us.

Onelast
Homework is exercise lol. Hitting two birds with one stone. I decided I wasn't going to do walking videos today. I did 3 short toning videos and cleaned the downstairs, did laundry and cleaned the basement. That is enough lol. Rennie is a nick name for Renay, sounds like Bennie as in Bennie Hill. Yes, kind of like you said it I think lol. AHHHHH think of Denny's lol.

OneLastTime
02-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Hi Ladies :hug:

Ohhhh, I gotta tell you... I was sooooo miserable at work today, if it were socially acceptable for a 38 year old to have a tantrum like a two year old I would have. :tantrum: Of course, that just led me straight to the :m:&:m:&:m:&:m: ugh.

Anyway... feeling a bit better tonight. That could have something to do with the cosmopolitan(s) I'm drinking.:sssh:

I've decided today that I am changing my program. See, I lost 20 pounds with the old fashion portion control and exercise which was going great but ohhh, so slow. Then I was offered to do this program under the care of a physician I work with which is a rapid weight loss so I jumped on board with that and lost another 20 lbs. quickly. I loved that but some family illnesses hit and it was impossible to stay on track with that program as it's very limiting so I quit. I've maintained for 2 months which is good but have been trying to get back on program for two weeks now and I just can't do it. Sooooo, I've decided today to stop that program and go back to the old fashion portion control and exercise. I know that's healthier, easier to do and should last in the longrun anyway. Now I just gotta break it to the doctor that I'm quitting his program. :o

The other change is I'm adding DDR to my exercise regime with my daughter. She really wants me to do it and I haven't been wanting to so I wouldn't be huffing and puffing but you know what?? She wants me to do it with her and doesn't care if I huff or puff so I should just enjoy the time I have that she wants to hang with her Mom before that changes. She's 12 so it won't be long before I'm "ruining her life" or embarrassing her so she wants me to walk 10 feet behind her at the mall to pretend we aren't together. LOL

I notice neither of you ladies have AIM so I will create a Yahoo account to use so we can IM once in a while. Sometimes it's just nicer to have an immediate conversation rather than waiting for posts.

I hope you ladies are doing alright. Rennie ~ Thank you for your support, you are such a sweetheart. Lola ~ get your A$$ back here so I can give you a big hug!!!

Talk to you soon ladies!! :hug:

Shy Moment
02-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Thought I would pop in and let everyone know what is going on. As you know we are tearing out the carpet in our one hallway and putting wood floors down. WELL since I am a accident looking for a place to happen. I found a place today lol. I tripped over a piece of lint ( lol ) on the floor we had just pulled the carpet off of and fell down the stairs. Let me re say that. I fell down the three stairs to the landing and then down the flight of stairs lol. I wasn't laughing at the time and sure hope God forgives me for the things I WAS saying on the way down. I will be ok but I did something to my hip, which I have no idea what they are talking about. Closest I can understand is that I sprained it. Well it means ( my mother has said this for years ) I finally found that place to darn near kill myself because I am such a klutz lol. The doc said I can walk all I want ( as long as it doesn't hurt to much ). No jumping or sprinting. Not really in the mood to jump or sprint lol. Think I might take his advice on that one lol. Did a couple one mile videos today ( did it hurt you might ask ) don't be foolish of course it hurt lolol. Do you think I am made of plastic hehehe. But, I was able to do them. Think the knee lifts and kicks are going to have to wait for a bit. So for now, it seems 1 mile videos and upper body workouts are going to be the exercise I can do. My daughter brought me Oreo cookies because of course they help with pain. I ate 10 of them before I knew it. Going to be paying for that. First time in almost 10 months I haven't been on plan. Won't kill me but sure isn't smart. Glad there are no more of the darn things in the house lol. Checked fit day. Since I have been on the lower end of what I allow myself for a few weeks, I am still within my ranges. Think this still means lots of chicken and salads for a week lol. Will just have to see how long it takes to get back into action. Doc said it could be a few days it could be a few weeks.

Onelast
You should do what works for you. What is DDR? I have yahoo I just never remember to turn it on lol. If you want to chat send me a pm here and I will turn the yahoo on. You make me smile. Glad I can encourage you. I like pinky swears :)

Country
I tend to do the same thing. I am the fixer I don't ask for help. I should, there are other people that like to be fixers too.

OneLastTime
02-08-2008, 11:20 PM
OMG Rennie~
How are you feeling tonight? Probably even a bit more sore, huh? Make sure you take it easy and don't hurt yourself even worse by pushing forward when you should be resting. Does the doctor have you taking an anti-inflammatory drug to help decrease swelling and pain in your injured hip? You poor thing. AND I'm sure nobody, including God, cares what was spewing out of your mouth as you were tumbling down the stairs. :hug:

DDR is Dance Dance Revolution. It is where you watch the DVD on TV, stand on a mat, the tv instructs you what to do, where to place your feet to the beat of several diff. kinds of music. Then it gets faster and you have to keep up. You stand in the middle and the places to put your feet are on either side of you, in front of you and behind you. You usually end up on your toes and hopping or jumping to keep up. It really can be a blast, I just look like an idiot doing it. BUT... then again... it's just me and her in the livingroom so who cares?? :dunno:

Country ~ If you are lurking around, get your butt in here!!! We need you. I disappear too when I'm struggling... I want us to really try not to do that. To really lean on each other for support instead. I know, I know, new territory but lets do this together!!! :hug::coach:

I have to work the next three days at the hospital so I won't be on as much but I'll still keep in touch. Have a great night ladies!!

Shy Moment
02-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Onelast
I feel pretty good considering lol. I am walking and moving which is the best thing to do. That is why they told me I could do my walking/aerobic videos as long as they didn't hurt to much. You try to stay will, I know from experience, it just gets worse. I am ( or have been ) taking it easy. Since I don't exercise generally on the weekends I have had a nice long rest. Only walked for 3 hours shopping, cleaned the house from top to bottom and walk up and down two flights of stairs a couple dozen times doing laundry and such lol. It would have been easier to have just done the videos lol. Sounds like you re having fun with that dance stuff :)

countrygirl7902
02-15-2008, 06:10 PM
hi Ladies. hope you're well. i've made it through a day and a half of healthy eating after 2 weeks of not caring lol :shrug: i feel pretty good about it. some stress lifted at work so i'm trying to get life back on track.

haven't been exercising though. i've had what i think is tendonitis (yes i'm one of those nurses who self-diagnoses) in my right wrist. my usual exercise is to go to Curves or do yoga at home. and those are both hard to do when my wrist hurts so bad. and it's way to cold to go outside and walk!

talk to you all later!

Shy Moment
02-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Country
Sorry things haven't been going so well for you. Seems you have gotten yourself back on track and that is terrific. You can do walking videos and not have to go outside or use your hand.

Things are going pretty good here. No complaints. Just same old day in and day out and that is how I like things to be.

chickhen
02-19-2008, 06:54 PM
hi,
I'm new and hoping to join a group to get some willpower. I need to lose about 25 pounds. I would like to do it by June when I turn 48 years old. Eversince I had kids about 12 years ago I have been on a yo-yo diet. I am 5'2 so every pound shows.

I am also an emotional eater so when stresssed I go directly for the chips. I crave salt! I also crave chocolate. I have been on "lifestyle" eating change about 36 hours now and of course, I am hungry for a big bag of cheetos!

Any suggestions?

countrygirl7902
02-20-2008, 03:25 PM
hi chickhen :welcome2: i just wrote a long reply to your post and it disappeared! sheesh.

i don't have a lot of advice about emotional eating cuz it's my downfall as well. i struggle with that constantly. but i have figured out ways to deal with cravings. i know Shy Moment will agree with me on this - don't deny yourself the foods you love! it's a lot easier if you plan on eating those things, but in moderation (which i know os really hard). if i eliminate my favorite things all together, i'm more likely to binge on them later. i search the stores for healthier versions, like baked chips and reduced fat cookies. there's lots of yummy stuff if you look for it. even baked cheetos! (which are pretty good). or if i just have to have the real thing, i measure out one serving, put the rest away, get a glass of crystal light, and walk away from the kitchen.

this is a good site to get advice from. just remember that if you mess up, keep trying. and don't be afraid to come here and tell us you're having a hard time. it's a long process and really hard to change eating habits. good luck! you can do it! :hug:

Shy Moment
02-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Country
Good advice. This journey we are taking isn't about doing without. It is about eating right. Watching what we put into our body's and proper serving sizes. You are right lol, I don't do without a thing. Now I make better choices. There are somethings I just don't eat anymore. Not worth the calories or fat or carbs for what little bit I am going to have. Doesn't bother me a bit, I have replaced those things with other things I like.

Chick
I would suggest you not worry about setting a day to lose that weight. You don't have that much to lose and it might take a bit more time. 1lb a week is probably a real real good weight loss with so little to lose ( I do understand it doesn't seem like that little to lose ).

Start eating the required amounts of the four basic food groups ( you will be surprised how little of somethings you have to eat to equal a required amount and how much of other things you can eat ). Find out how many calories and fat and carbs you should be taking in. Make a plan for yourself. You didn't say how old you are, tall you are or how much you weight so we really have no idea how much you should be taking in.

This journey we are all on to a more healthy thinner person doesn't happen over night. The lessons we learn along the way last us a lifetime.

Don't do without the things you love. Yesterday was Mountain dew time for me. An hour of delicious time just between me and my mountain dew ( sound sick don't I ) lol. Enjoy what you eat and drink. Take time to eat, don't rush, you end up being hungry again before you should. I happen to break each of the 3 meals of the day down to 6 meals. I eat every couple of hours. I am never very hungry. Don't believe all the wifes tales. You can eat from the time you get up until the time you crawl into bed. ( I asked a doc and a dietitian/nutritionist about this ) Calories, carbs and fat in, calories, carbs and fat out. That is how it works.

Good luck, if you have any questions please feel free to ask. We all have learned a few things along the way.

Shy Moment
03-06-2008, 08:13 PM
where is everyone again

Shy Moment
03-07-2008, 07:36 AM
Am watching the tumble weeds blow across the screen.

Shy Moment
03-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Sitting here singing....all by myself, don't want to be all by myself anymore......

bethz
03-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Shy... Hated to see you posting all by your lonely! I agree with you that one pound a week is a reasonable goal... I figure I am on a two year plan with 80-99 pounds to go! Have a great day watching the tumbleweeds...at least you can see them...all I see is SNOW! :hug:Bethz

countrygirl7902
03-10-2008, 06:29 PM
hey sexy chicks! Shy - sorry i haven't been here. our little group died out again. what do you say we start a new SexyChicks thread and try it again? Here's the link... http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2093769#post2093769

bethz
03-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Been busy putting together a movie from music and pix for the boys' basketball banquet this weekend, also have some display boards with pix on them to celebrate the season. It is alot of work...but well worth it! Tonight is for resting and watching Survivor!

Having a good day at work today. Went and got some soup from the kitchen because it is cold in my office today. BRRR! (Could be from drinking all that water!) Had the points to spare!

B: simply quaker oatmeal, banana (5)
S: italian wedding soup, herbal tea (6)
L: turkey and swiss on rye, apple (9)
S: popcorn (2)
D: veggie salad with italian dressing, green beans, steak (6)
Water: plenty, I finish and refill my glass when anyone comes into the office
Exercise: one mile hall-walking

Have a great day everyone! :hug: Bethz