WW Clubs and Groups - Coconut Telegraph

View Full Version : Coconut Telegraph

Summerrrr
11-24-2007, 03:16 PM
I have been really unsuccessful this fall. It has been so hard to cook dinner for my family. Our internist is totally sold on no carb diets. At my DH's recent physical (not good), the doctor sold my DH on the idea. I've been down that road only to hit a wall after two weeks. When I'm committed, WW works for me. So, I've been cooking one way for myself and counting WW points. I've had to make sure that DD got foods that contained enough calories, because she is a skinny minnie. DH would be hungry not eating carbs, and wanted more non-carb choices at dinner. He looked at my cup of rice or potato like it was an illegal substance. It was really hard to cook to please him, myself, and make sure DD got enough calories. Somewhere along the way, the stress took over, and the extra effort cooking three different meals every night became too much. So, nobody was dieting.

DH finally came to his senses, and decided to join me on Weight Watchers. Now I can cook one way and just add calories to DD meals.

I really hope this works. I would love to finally get rid of my baby weight.

just_a_dreamy1
11-24-2007, 03:33 PM
:welcome3: Summerrrr!

I'm glad you've finally found a way to make a healthier lifestyle work for you. Please keep posting and let us know how you're doing!

Summerrrr
11-25-2007, 02:27 PM
I appreciate the encouragement Penelope!

ECmom
11-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Just a short hello to let you know that I am still alive and well.
Been a rough fall for me.......trying to get my lard butt back on program.
Thanks for encouraging Summerrrr, Penelope!!!!!
Welcome back on program Summerrr- glad that you are getting in a family mode with program.
take care, y'all
Ginger

ECmom
11-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Did we have to go back to school today? Grrrrrrr.......the kiddies were subdued after a long weekend, which was fine by me! I am fighting a bit of a stomach bug (hoping the Imodium kicks in before my afternoon begins), so I am not up to a lot of nonsense.

Had to do some proofreading for Ds this am and it is raining, so no walk as of yet. As soon as I shut this down I'd like to get on the treadmill, even if only for a few moments.

Now that I am done with my state certification course and inspection I am really hoping to get reinspired and back on program.

Hi Summerrrr, Penelope and Ms Mermaid.
Ginger

just_a_dreamy1
11-27-2007, 01:28 AM
Summerrrr - You're welcome! :)

ECMom - :wave: Rain sounds rather nice...it's snowing and freezing here! Hopefully it warms up soon :o

ECmom
11-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Pen- congrats on going so long without a binge!!!!!! How are you binge proofing yourself? (and if I could do similar, I would be at my goal weight.......boo hoo). You have much snow? How cold are you in Canada?
I just noticed how close to goal you are- that is quite an accomplishment.
How have you gotten all the weight off?

Me- so far (and if I eat no more today) I have had a good day. Got a nice walk in this am (cool and breezy- felt great!) and have made good food choices. Just have to behave myself until I get into bed.
Tough day at work.......kids are getting the preholiday wackies. Lucky me.
Have a great nite.
Ginger

just_a_dreamy1
11-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Ginger - Thank you :o In order to get the weight off, I've calorie counted, gotten more active, cut the junk from my diet, and stuck to mostly fruits, veggies and lean protein (I'm also mostly vegetarian - I only eat fish and seafood).
I don't really have an easy answer to how I've gotten a curb on the binge monster. I'm not binge proofed...I still fall into old habits every once in awhile. This month, I gave myself a goal - learn to eat normally again, and try to get to the end of the month with as many binge free days as possible under my belt. So far, I've had 6 off plan days - a huge improvement to a short time ago. I'm not planning on letting that number get any higher.
I have a Christmas party to go to on December 22, so that was another inspiration. A lot of people that I used to work with and hung out with a little will be there, including an ex boyfriend. I am determined to go to that party looking absolutely fabulous!
I understand feeling like you would be at your goal weight if it wasn't for the bingeing. After I lost all the weight, I started eating a lot of junk again, and the binges were getting more frequent. I felt bulletproof - my weight never really went above 115 (probably because I was so active). But THEN, a few months later, I started really noticing a difference when I looked in the mirror, and for the first time, my weight crawled back up to 120. It was the kick in the butt that I needed to get back on track :)
Anyway, we don't have much snow, but it's very cold :( Right now it's -14, and the wind chill is nasty.

Best of luck with your goals, and have a great night!

ECmom
12-31-2007, 04:12 PM
Wow, has it really been over a month since I have been here?
I've survived the holidays, and have gained a few #'s. Its been a week since I have dared to go on the scale, and I will be FINALLY getting to a WW meeting the second week of January. Gotta get my fat fanny in gear.....gonna buy a new workout video to motivate my a**.

Hope everyone has a great new year. I hope to make daily or at least posting every other day a reality.
G

ECmom
01-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Well, it looks as though I am chatting with myself. That's fine, I am a little kooky anyway and the accountability is something I need.

Back to school today........ugh. Kids were wacky- all hyped out with new toys and new ways to annoy me. Hard to believe that I had to start the New Year going over the rules. Again.

Got my walk in this am......and am setting up to walk with a coworker again once a week. Gotta work at staying OP. I will get to a meeting next week.
G

just_a_dreamy1
01-03-2008, 01:42 AM
ECMom,

Hey, I'll be accountable with you! We have something in common - I'm a little kooky too :p
Today was a good day because I ate mostly healthy(ish) foods, and drank my tea and water and chewed gum instead of overeating :cb: And now, I'm off to bed...
Have a great Thursday!

ECmom
01-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Hi Dreamy!
I never really got to know you at all, which is my own fault. Just did not spend enough time here in the fall.
Where do you live? Are you in the midst of this awful cold snap like me in Southern NY state? Glad to hear that you had such a good day and stayed away from food issues.
Your mind sounds locked into program, which is great. Hope tomorrow is also good for you!

Me? Got the walk in, but that is one part of program I do well. My eating is still miserable. I blew it at the end of the day, again. But I do have a game plan. Next week, Tues evening I WILL get to a meeting, my first since October. Not gonna weigh in, just sit and absorb. A coworker also goes to that meeting, really sweet lady, and hopefully that will be the kick in the can I need. The following week I will WI and face the dammage. Next Wed, the coworker and I are walking again....something we did in the fall. She is good company. Perhaps just what I need.

I am so glad that this is a short week. Been stressful, kiddies have been nuts and 3 out of the 4 times I have driven a bus this week I have had a spare (mine has been problematic......they say they figured out the problem this afternoon).

Not much else is new here.
take care!
Ginger

ECmom
01-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Ok, so dreamy, I just got really smart and noticed that you must be cold in Alberta.......duh!!!!!!!! And that you did finally make it to goal. How did you ever keep your inspiration up toward the end? (care to come to NY and give a kick in the can?)
Thanks.....have a great day.
G

just_a_dreamy1
01-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Good morning, Ginger! :)

Having a walking partner sounds great! As much as I can, I get my boyfriend Jeff to come, but he doesn't enjoy it much.

It's actually not that cold here - it was for awhile, but now it's pretty warm. Yay :D

I did make it to my goal of 120 and I've been maintaining for atleast a year (I'm not sure exactly how long). I hover around 120, but I've never gone over. I would love to come to NY, just as soon as I scrape the money together :p I don't think you're going to want to wait 5 years :lol:

I used to have the same mind set - I couldn't imagine being as slim as I am. Then - I finally found the right mind set and the commitment that I needed, and I worked hard to be where I am. You can do this! I believe in you :hug:

So far today...Food I've had a good breakfast. Jeff is working late, but I've been binge free for the last two nights (one of them alone, one with Jeff) and I have plans with my neighbor, so I will be fine! I actually brought a lunch today and a few snacks (finally!), so I should be able to stay away from the office food/junk. I have a little challenge going for myself to stay away from empty calories, so if I need a snack or whatever - all healthy!

Exercise: I joined an exercise challenge thread, and I'm going to get my 15-20 of walking in tonight.

Today is my last day at work, because I start school on Monday. I needed to get a part time job to pay bills, and a sandwich place right next door to my school hired me on the spot yesterday O_o I don't know if I will actually accept the offer...I have an interview at a resturaunt tonight, and I have hopes for that :D Then it's home for margaritas and probably a Bones marathon ;)

Cheers to a great Friday!

ECmom
01-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Hi Dreamy!
What will you be studying in school? Hope that you get whichever job works out best for you,financially and schedule wise.
It is a shame that Jeff is not really into walking with you- but I must say, my Dh does not often walk with me either. Good luck with the excercise challenge thread........as I said that is the one area of WW I have no problem with. I already got my 1.5 mile walk in this am, and hope to sneak another mile in later.

Started out today ok........blew my eating at lunch, but I can still turn things out ok if I behave myself the rest of the day. Dreamy, can you define what turned you around and got you to finish and get to your goal weight?

Gotta go get ready to return to work.
Happy Friday!
G

KAR73
01-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Hi Ladies,
Have you missed me? Sure have missed you ladies. It sure was a rough fall for me and it caught up with me on my scales over the Holidays. So I am going to really try hard to stick with it and starting taking it off again. Just wanted to drop in and say hi. I will check back with you later.
Tired and need to find my pillow. Hope all is going well with you.
Take care,
Kerry

just_a_dreamy1
01-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Hi, Ginger! How's your Saturday going?

I'll be taking a program to get my certificate for medical administration.

Well, today I'm feeling very under-defined :lol: Seriously, though...I can't really remember what the kick in the pants finally was. Maybe it was realizing that I could really do it, with a little planning and a lot of work. Reading this forum really helped. I lurked for so long, and when I finally started posting, the support was phenomenal. So...to recap my ramble :dizzy:...it was support, planning, and honesty that kept me going.

KAR73
01-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Morning Ladies,
Hi Penelope. My name is Kerry. I am 34 years old. I have a dh and three stepkids. I am a Special Needs teacher of 9 Multi-handicapped students this year. Between my family and school, they keep me hopping. But this time I am not going to fall off the bandwagon. That is just a little bit about me. I look forward to getting to know you.
Hi Summer and Ginger. Hope all is going well with you ladies. How is school going and the bus route? Hope life is treating you both well.
I started to do my walking videos again. So I am your sister in sweat in the mornings, Ginger.
Well I have to go for now. Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

ECmom
01-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Kerry!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back!!!!!!! Glad to see you here my sister in sweat.
Hope this year is a good one for you- we will get these pounds off.

Dreamy- you feeling more inspired now that the week has started? When does school start? Thanks for your input on what your motivation was.
Wish that someone could kick me in the can. I will probably get in gear once I return to meetings, which now looks to be 2 weeks away.:(

Did get my walk in today, and my eating, if I eat no more today is so so.
At least not a total loss......blowout, or binge fest.

Gotta go-
See ya tomorrow.
G

KAR73
01-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Hi Ginger Thanks for the welcome. It sure has been a tough few months with my kids at school and then dealing with things at home. I finally said the heck with my stress because I seemed to be eating it and getting lazier. So I devote atleast 30 minutes each morning to working out. Then the rest of the day is for work and home. The health dept. in the county that I teach in is doing a walking program with the kids in the afterschool program. So I am hoping that helps me in the afternoons too! They have to walk 30 minutes M-Th. Plus I have been taking a good hard look at what I am putting in my body as far as food and drink wise. Makes a big difference when you try not to be a binge or stress eater. Plus seeing that my dh and stepsons' are finally get spare tires is poetry justice for me. I think we will all be trying to eat a little bit better from now on. Plus my stepdaughter now weighs 199 pounds and she is only 40 pounds lighter than me. So I told her that we would work together to get the weight off. Hope you had a nice evening.
Penelope and Summer hope your week got off to a good start.
Well think I am going to sign off and go to bed. No use watching my Buckeyes play anymore. What a sad game this is this year!
Chat with you all tomorrow. Have a great Tuesday!
Night,
Kerry

ECmom
01-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi Kerry,
Well, you too have had some personal issues, and I am sorry to hear that. It is great that you are taking a personal inventory and cracking down on stress eating. Good for you getting those 30 minutes in for yourself too!:hug:
That is so important. I thought of you this am as I snuck in my short walk.
Have things at home straightened out a bit? Hope so!

Life here has been stressful too- can't say that all family members have been happy or cooperative to live with. And I guess it results in my stress eating.
Oh, crud, some of the weight I took off is coming back on........someone PLEASE glue my mouth shut.

Tomorrow I am walking with a coworker, and hope too to get a tape in.
This nonsense has to stop. I have to get back OP.
Penelope- hope you are doing fine......Summerrr and Ms Mermaid, how are you?
Nite!
G

KAR73
01-08-2008, 11:58 PM
HI Ginger,
Things at home have straightened out a little bit. I think we have finally found how to live a happy medium without having to agure all the time and see both sides of the coin so to speak. If that makes any sense. I had a hetic day at school with one of my student's. He though he could run the show and found out that I was the one in charge and he had to follow my orders. So I am hoping that after a day and a half of his nonesense, he behaves better tomorrow. I did get another 1 mile walk in with the afterschool kids tonight on the high school's track. I went to my TOPS meeting and had gained 4.25 pounds since the second week in Dec. So I am going to work really hard to get it off and more. Not going to give up this time until I reach my goal weight. I have excerised each day since last Thursday for 30 minutes.
Enjoy your walk tomorrow. I hope that you can also squeeze in a tape. I know that it is nice to walk with someone besides always doing the WATP tapes. Hope your day goes easy for you and that you don't give in to the stress eating.
Hi to Miss Mermaid, Summer and Penelope. Hope you are having a good week and staying OP.
Well I need to close and think about going to bed. The last couple of nights I have went to bed around 12 and got back up at 6. Not good when dealing with a lot of stress at work right now. Have 9 alternate assessments due the first week of March. So have a lot of paperwork to fill out on my students. Thank God they put them on line. This way I can type them out and save time by printing them all out and making sure they are all neat. But I am finding other ways to deal with my stress like taking small breaks, going for walks, listening to music instead of giving in and eating my stress away. The stress might go away but the pounds sure do stay around. LOL
Night,
Kerry

ECmom
01-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Good evening!
Kerry, I have total confidence in you and know that you will get those 4.25 # off. That is nothing, considering that you did not WI for over a month and that month had 2 big holidays. You can do this........sounds as though your reserve is strong and you have a good action plan. Hope today went better with your problem student. Some kids are just begging for an adult to assert authority and then respond well. Keeping my fingers crossed that he is one of those and that today went well. Good for you getting those walks in!:hug: BTW, I am thinking of investing in another Leslie DVD- some kind of power walk that I do not have. Sounds like a fun tape....which ones do you have?

I was tapped today for a random drug/alcohol test.......:dizzy: Just one more thing to make my life interesting........oh well. I did - even with the test- get my walk in with my buddy. A much needed walk for each of us and a relaxing time. She is good company. Other than that my day was very busy but ok. I trained with someone (a new driver who goes for her road test next week) during my time off, then had Pioneer girls this evening.
RIght now I just want to sit down with my book and relax.....think that is what I am gonna do.

Penelope, Summerrr and Mermaid....how are you!?

See you tomorrow!
Ginger

KAR73
01-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Evening Ginger,
Thanks for the kind words. I really needed some extra confindence this evening. Today was better at school. But it was just crazy busy trying to get everything done. We did get to walk outside tonight for a half hour. Then when I left school, I came home eat dinner changed my clothes really quick and then it was off to the bowling alley to hang out with some of our friends. One of our friends brought his little brother with him. Don't get me wrong I love the kid to death, but he is 15 and in that annoying stage. After bowling three games and listening to his mouth, I was ready to go home. So here I be. I bought a bender ball and am patiently awaiting it's arrival so I can start getting rid of my belly fat. My eating was really good today. I know I got my water intake too, since I was peeing up a storm. Glad you got your walk in today with your friend. Those are the best kinds of walks. I think I might have found two coworkers who I can get to walk with me occasionally. Don't think you have anything to worry about with your drug/alcohol test. So what book are you reading right now? I am reading The Gift by Richard Paul Evans. I just finished The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. I did pick up a book on cd the other day at the library and started to listen to it in the van on my way to work and back. It is Playing for Pizza by John Grisham. It seems really good so far. As for the Leslie tapes, I have Walk and Jog, Walk and Kick, Walk Away the Pounds for the Abs 1 and 2, Super Challenge, 3 mile walk, 4 mile, Walk the Pounds Brisk Walk. So is tomorrow your weigh in day? Good luck!
Hi to Miss Mermaid, Summer, and Penelope.
Well off to check one more thing on the computer and then off to bed. Chat with you tomorrow evening.
Take care,
Kerry

ECmom
01-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi Kerry,
Glad to hear that you have some potential company for walking. It sure does help! Think the tape I was looking at is the WATP brisk walk one. How do you like it?
Sorry about the moody 15 yr old and bowling. Stinks when you are looking foward to something for yourself, like that and a moody kid blows it. I am sure you are even more sensitive to it being that you deal with other kids all the time anyway.:hug: Can't remember the name of the book I am reading- it is pretty good - loaned to me by a coworker. Think the author's name is Carolyn Woodsmall- very soothing book.....restful. My next book on tap is a mystery. Glad you had a good day eating !

Got my walk in. Kiddies were awful.........see ya later!
G

KAR73
01-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Hi Ginger,
I really like the Brisk Walk tape. It sure is a brisk walk. I have a nice sweat going on when I am done. Plus using the resitance band with it helps to strenghten and tone your muslces. Didn't get to get my walk in this afternoon at school. Sure could have used it. Had another trying day with my one student who needs to be the center of attention at all times. Then sat through a boring staff meeting. Went to dinner for my friend's birthday and had a really bad waiter. So it just hasn't been a very good day. very tired tonight and looking forward to the weekend. Just need a break. Is it summer vacation already? Did eat good today though. I didn't go over board at dinner. Did also get my morning walk in. So the day wasn't all that bad.
How was your day? Glad to hear that your book is pretty smoothing. You definately need that after having to drive bus with all the lovely little angels.
Well I think am going to sign off for now and go to bed. Chat with you tomorrow. Have a wonderful Friday!
Take care,
Kerry

ECmom
01-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Just a short hello.
Thanks for the advice on the Leslie tape....think I am going to get that one.
Hope that your Friday went better than THursday did.....sounded like a long day.
Tonite I am off to sleep at a museum with Dd and her 4H group........a science museum....somehow do not think sleep is going to be an option! Plus that TOM showed up this am- gee can the timing be worse?:dizzy:
Hope you have a great weekend.
G

KAR73
01-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you. I hope you enjoy yourself! It does sound fun, but after a couple hours I would want to go home.
Friday was much better for me. I did eat on plan yesterday, even though I was very tired. Went out for a little bit last night with dh and some friends. It was fun. But once I got super tired, the fun had stopped. Today so far, I have gotten up, delievered some Avon books, got my hair trimmed and eyebrows waxed. Thinking about getting me some Subway for lunch and then taking a walk at the lake. Don't know what else I will do today. Had words with my dh this morning over money issues. He said some things that hurt my feelings and he can't seem to understand why I can't just snap out of it and act all lovey dovey and normal. Maybe the walk will help clear my mind and I will be able to stand his presence when he comes home later this afternoon.
Well I am off of here to go enjoy the sunshine outside for a little while. Hope you have a great weekend.
Take care,
Kerry

ECmom
01-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Good morning!
Kerry- hope your walk cleared your mind a bit. Funny how our men can say stuff, some pretty hurtful stuff and figure after they drop their bomb, we can just jump back all smiles and sunshine. Hope your mood improved and that you ended up with a decent weekend. Did you have anything different done with your hair? Happy with the cut?

We have a 2 hour delay- but I still got up early. Dd went back to school this am, and Dh went to work early hoping to avoid traffic.
Got 4 hours of sleep Saturday nite at the museum, but Dd and I had a great time. Glad I was able to share that with her.
Off to the treadmill. Hope everyone has a great day!
G

KAR73
01-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Evening,
Glad you had a nice time with dd at the musem. That was worth only getting 4 hours of sleep. Hope you made it through your day fairly easily.
My walk did clear my mind. It helped a lot. We did talk and he told me that he was feeling depressed because of money issues at the moment. Plus how he has been cooped up in the house here lately.
Today was a great day for me. I eat healthy! Got in my water intake and then some. Walked 3 miles with a new Leslie dvd. It is called Walk Away The Waistline with a walking belt. Then walked 1 mile outside with the kids this afternoon with the afterschool program. So I was engerized when I got home tonight. Made several phone calls for my Avon business and TOPS. Did a load of laundry, washed the dinner dishes and wrote my information on my Avon books. So I have had a great start to the work week. Hope all goes well this week. Keep your fingers crossed that I have a great weigh-in tomorrow evening. Hope you have a great week!
Night,
Kerry

ECmom
01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Kerry, good luck at the WI! Hope it goes well and the scale fairy is kind to you. Glad that you and Dh worked out your differences. Money is tough- and it is hard when things are tight. This is a tough month, just past Christmas and all the Christmas bills come marching in. Its gotta get better, right?:hug: Good for you having an OP day. That new Leslie DVD sounds good- how long does the work out last?

I got my kick boxing DVD in this am (thought of you a lot my sister in sweat!). It felt good......have not done it in a long time, and I forgot what a nice workout it is.

Unfortunately my eating has been bad. Had to take Dd to the Dr for a bad throat and fever, as a matter of fact I am the only one not sick right now.
On a high note, my latest trainee passed her road test today......this is my first trainee that only trained with me, so this is a big accomplishment for me.
So much to learn to drive one of those big yellow taxis!

Gotta go finish my dishes. The dishwasher gets fixed next Monday.......after 10 weeks! Finally.
Hi to SUmmerrrr, Mermaid and Penelope. Where are you guys?
Ginger

KAR73
01-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Ginger sorry to hear that your dd is sick. Hope she feels better soon. Hope you don't get it. Congrats on having your first full trainee pass their road test. I bet that is was a proud moment for you. The walking dvd is about 45 minutes long. Got my 2 mile walk away the pounds brisk walk in this morning. Then did 1.5 miles with the afterschool kids again today outside. Boy was that a brisk walk.
I went to TOPS tonight and lost 4.25 pounds. I was so excited. So I am off to a good start this year. I have a feeling that this could be my year to reach my goal weight.
Hope tomorrow is better for you.
Hi to Summer, Miss Mermaid and Penelope. Hope your weeks are off to a good start.
Take care,
Kerry

HatterasMermaid
01-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Hi! Anybody visiting this thread anymore?! Been AWOL for way tooooooo long! I'm hoping my dear old friends will forgive me for being such a creepy friend! I'm working on getting my act together......and I'm looking for my old gang! ::fingers crossed:: I sure miss you girlies!

ECmom
01-20-2008, 04:13 PM
And we miss you too, Ms Mermaid. Glad to see your sunshiny, sarcastic, hysterical face back here. Post when you can.:hug:

Kerry- WOW!!!!!!!:carrot::carrot:Congrats on the 4.25# loss. I hear a wonderful note of confidence in your "voice"......keep on plugging. You will succeed. thanks for the heads up on the DVD, I am going to order something new, just to shake things up a bit. Next week I will call Collage and see what they recommend for me. I am seriously entertaining another Leslie DVD, I know she will not be too intense for me.

Did get my Kickbox DVD in this am before church. So far my eating is ok......and if I just keep it under control for the rest of the day I should be fine. I am getting to a meeting this week.........will avoid the scale, just need the kick in the can.

Gotta go........football game starts soon.
Ginger

KAR73
01-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Evening My Dear Friends,
Welcome back Miss Mermaid! Sure have missed chatting with you. Hope all is going well for you and your family!
Ginger, glad that I could help you my sister in sweat. I got my bender ball in the mail yesterday. I used it for 15 minutes. It sure does do the job. I think I will try to use it every other night for 15 minutes. Then do my walking videos in the mornings. But yes I am tired of carrying around this extra weight and going to take it off this year. My sdd is almost 12 and weighs 198.2 pounds. She told me at the beginning of the year that she would like to take it off. So together we are going to support each other. I told her for every 10 pounds we take off, I will put $10 in a envelope and then we will go shopping for new clothes. I think you have a plan and can stick to it! I hope you are able to get to your meeting this week.
Well I am off to watch a little tv and finish reading a book or two. Haven't really done much this weekend. Just being lazy for a change. Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

ECmom
01-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi!
Kerry, that is great that you and your Sdd are going to do this together.
She has a long path ahead of her- but what a great example and role model you can be for her! It is nice to have a fellow dieter in the house, helps with all the temptations etc.... I am glad to hear that you have had a mellow weekend. As a rule, i think we all run around too much.....sometimes a quiet weekend is just the thing we need. Do you have off tomorrow (MLK day)?

Does anyone else have tomorrow off? I do, but Dd has a 4H meeting so that will take up some time in the am......hopefully not too much. I really need another stay at home day badly. Just starting to dig out from the mess in this house.

Better go........nite!
G

just_a_dreamy1
01-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Hi, everyone :wave:

I'm super busy with school and work, so I probably won't be able to post much. How is everyone doing?

:hug:!!

KAR73
01-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Morning everyone,
Glad to hear from you Penelope. Hope all is going well with you? Just drop in when you can to chat with us.
Ginger enjoy your day off today. Hope dd's 4-H meeting doesn't take long! What are your other plans for the day?
Miss Mermaid do you have today off? If so what are your plans?
I plan on doing my workout, reading a book, and working on my alternate assessment paperwork on the computer. So that is my plans for the day off!
Hope you all have a great day. Stay on plan and get up and move a little bit.
Chat with you all later,
Kerry

KAR73
01-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Congrats Penelope on reaching your goal! That is great!

HatterasMermaid
01-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Hello everyone! I am OFF today! WhoooHOoo! Sounds as if everyone is busy, busy, busy!

Penelope, I am chatting with you on another thread! Didn't realize you were also here!
Kerry, long time / no chatter! Hope all is good for you and yours! Tell me about your new bender ball.... think that is what you called it! I'm doing various tapes and walking. I am always much more successful with walking with my friends than the tapes at home with an audience!
Gin, what did you think about that football game last night?! May your day be filled with what YOU want it to be filled with! We are getting ready to face 4 days of exams. I am fighting every step of the way with my guys who don't seem to understand or realize that they need to prepare for these important tests! OMGoodness they are so hard headed!

I'm going to do my school homework, newsletter, and plans while I work on the laundry. Once I get those things done, then I will clean the kitchen floor! It is beyond needing a quick clean! It is going to take me some time! BUT the reward will be wonderful! So I had best get started as it is already after 10! WHERE do the weekends and bonus days go?!

Ya'll take care! Move your fanny!
take care,
meeeeee

KAR73
01-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Glad to chat with you Miss Mermaid! Sounds like things are going well for you. As for my Bender Ball, it is that little green ball that you use behind your back for your ab workouts. It is a really great 15 minute workout. I have done it two times already. I can really feel it in my abs. So I guess that is a good thing. Enjoy your day off of catching up on your paperwork, laundry and cleaning your kitchen floor!
I got my Walk Away the Pounds for your Wasitline and the Bender Ball workout in this morning. So I am off to a good start for the day. I am hoping that after I get my shower and dresssed for the day, I can get a hour or two to work on my Alternate Assessments paperwork. But I am going to finish reading The Gift too. It is a great fast read by Richard Paul Evans.
Hope Penelope and Ginger are having a great Monday!
Hoping for a great weigh-in tomorrow night when I go to TOPS. Keep your fingers crossed. Off to a great start for the new year and what to keep it up!
Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

ECmom
01-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Please do not ask me how I figure I can lose weight with the way I am eating.........stress monster is overpowering me help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (BTW had next to no time for myself yesterday.....grrrrrrr)

Mermaid- which game? I am rather amused by both football games from Sun nite- admit to falling asleep during the Giants game, but waking up for the last 5 minutes. SO cold......I felt bad for the players. An interesting superbowl is coming up. Now tell me kids have to STUDY for exams?? Novel concept indeed. BTW, I am glad to see you here as a regular again.

Kerry- good luck with the WI.
Penelope- nice that you could check in, hope you are not too busy to find some time for yourself.

Gotta go......Dd goes back to school tomorrow so I owe her some attention.
G

just_a_dreamy1
01-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Hi ladies,

How is everyone? I woke up yesterday, and my entire body was sore :( I was scared that I was coming down with something, but today, I feel better, and I'm only slightly sore.
My schoolwork load feels as though it has eased just a tiny bit. I do have a unit final today, but going into the course, I already knew a lot of what we covered. In terms of homework, the stuff that I have to do at home has eased up a bit...for now, anyway. That's one of the (sometime) benefits of being an adult student - the instructors understand that you have other responsibilities that you need to take care of after classes. It's a good thing school has eased off a bit, because today is the beginning of school + work for 3 days straight :dizzy:
In terms of eating, I'm determined to make this day #1 of staying OP. Ginger, I hear you with the stress eating - it's all I've been doing lately after school every day. But I am sick of how it makes me feel, and I think I really needed atleast a period of NOT being at home alone at night in order to get a handle on it again. Work is going to give me that. In terms of how I'm going to change my diet, I am cutting out as many carbs as possible - I've been living off Mr. Noodle and generic brand SideKick style packages, and I am so sick of them! I'm going to focus on three things - water, protein, and fresh produce (fruits and vegetables). I'm also going to REALLY focus on cutting out ALL sugar.
I will keep posting whenever I can...please do the same!!

Thank you for all of the support that each of you have offered :) It's great chatting with you ladies on here.
Cheers to an OP day!

KAR73
01-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi Ladies,
Well for as for my weigh-in yesterday, it didn't happen since it was freezing rain out and they cancelled my meeting. So I don't know how I did this week. So I am hoping for a great loss next week.
Penelope sounds like you have a great plan. Thanks for stopping in and checking in with us. Glad that your school and work load is lighter this quarter. Hope you stay on plan today.
Ginger, I know what you mean about the stress eating. After my meeting was cancelled, I ate the snack for the afterschool program, the basketball team gave me pizza bun, then I had a candy bar and this was all because I didn't get to go to TOPS. We were suppose to plan our open house for next week last night. So I was starting to worry about that. Hope you have a better day today! I have been very good and got my walking videos and dvd's in the mornings. How is your working out going my sister in sweat?
Miss Mermaid how is your week going for you? I hope things are going smoothly for you.
Hi to Summer. Hope all is well with you.
Well I need to close for now. I will check back in later with you all. Have a great afternoon!
Kerry

ECmom
01-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi Kerry, Mermaid and Penelope! (Summerrr you too, but we don't see you much here!:()
Feeling a bit under the weather today.......got a bit of a low key stomach bug. Sorry you could not get to a meeting, Kerry. Penelope, don't work too hard with all that school work!

Lets hope we can all have a great OP day tomorrow! Nite
G

just_a_dreamy1
01-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Kerry - That's so cool that you're doing this with your daughter! She has a great role model in you ;)
Thank you for the congratulations - I missed that before :)
I envy you that kickboxing DVD! I think I seriously need to invest in a DVD or two...maybe Walking Away the Pounds, or a Strip one ;) Ooo, DB could probably rent me one for free!! (Perks of being a Blockbuster boy hehe)
Mermaid - Luckily, my guy is in school, too, so if I sit down and do homework, he often does, too. Then there are the times when I'm plugging away, and he watches movies :lol:
Ginger - Considering the amount of time I've been spending on the forums lately, I'm definately not working too hard! :lol: On schoolwork, anyway...working just 4 or 5 hours after school seems to kick my *** royally.

I feel like I forgot someone! This thread is so much fun, but sometimes hard to keep up with all the posts by various people :lol:

My eating yesterday was good(ish). I tried a SlimDown protein bar for lunch...it's 140 calories, like 9 grams of fibre and 16 or 19 grams of protein, sweetened with sucralose. It was gross! It kept me full for awhile, though (sitting down, anyway). I nibbled too much at work. Tonight is my last night at the icecream parlor...I was going to stay on maybe one day a week, but I think for the sake of my attempt to cut sugar out of my diet, I need to say so long :)
Otherwise, I got mostly protein, and I got in a LOT of walking. Today is going to be another great day! :cb:

I hope everyone has a great Thursday! :hug: (One more day until the weekend!!)

ECmom
01-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi!
I know Penelope, it can be so hard keeping up with lots of posters. I totally admit to liking smaller threads- sometimes they are lonely, but rather that than me trying to keep track of many buddies. Glad your eating was ok.....keep it up!

Kerry, my sister in sweat, how are you today? Get some workout time in?

Mermaid-hang in there.......hope you are feeling better! Gotta love those kids with homework, midterms, etc......I really think it was easier when they were babies.

Gotta go get ready to face the masses for a fun afternoon. Ugh......
Take care
G

HatterasMermaid
01-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Hello girlies,
Posted a quick note to Gin last night to explain that I'm sick with laryngitis and various symptoms of a head/chest cold. My voice goes between teen boy going through puberty, Demi Moore back in the day, and a rather odd cross between Isaac Hayes and Barry White! :) I haven't walked in 2 days as I'm finding breathing / coughing / wetting my pants all the exercise that I need for right now! I'm miserable....and of course can NOT take off a day from work as these are the very last days of the semester! Anyway.

My sons are having exams. DS1 can't get through exams with out some SpEd drama! (Not complying with IEP YET AGAIN!) DS2 just put a semester project in his book bag.... He also has a Civics exam tomorrow, so I need to go help him review his notes!

Tomorrow. My first born will be 16. SHHHHESSH! That means birthday cake! :) I CAN do this. I WILL do this! I AM doing this! I need to update my ticker to show that I've removed 2 more pounds from my fanny!

Sorry not to get personal.... civics notebook on my lap as I type!
((hugs)) of strength and support to you all!
take care,
meeee

just_a_dreamy1
01-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Ginger - I kinda like big threads...it keeps things popping :)

Mermaid - Wow, chicky! Your life is so busy :dizzy:

Where is Summerrrr? Did I miss something?

I am on my way into day three of no bingeing :cheer: I am also sore from speed walking everywhere and scooping icecream at work. Oh, that euphoric feeling of well worked muscles :D

:hug: to everyone. Happy Friday!!! ;)

KAR73
01-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi Penelope, Mermaid and Ginger,
Just a quick note to say hi! Have been busy getting my workouts in every day for 30 minutes, then eating healthy too, and doing all my work for school. Squeezing in a few moments for my Avon and a few minutes to relax. Going on a field trip tomorrow to Pittsburgh to the Carnigie Science Center. Leaving school on a school bus at 6 in the morning and have to be at the musuem by 10. But it takes a good 4 hours or more to get there. Then spending the day there until 5 and heading back. They plan on having us back at school by 10. So it is going to be a long day. Guess I will get in some reading time. LOL No workout in the morning for me. Just walking around the museum tomorrow.
Penelope I use to work in a DQ and an ice cream palor at college. So I know what you mean. Hope things are going well for you today. I love my Walk away the Pounds dvd's. They really make me sweat and feel good after I do them. Hope you find some workout dvd's that you like.
Mermaid tell your ds Happy Birthday. Where does the time go? My sdd will be 12 in two months and my sds' will be 10 in three months. I remember when I first met them at 6 and 4. The time sure does fly. You will do well with the cake. Just have a small piece. Hope you are feeling better. Sending hugs your way.
Ginger my sister in sweat, so how has your stress eating been? I hope that you are regaining some control. Are you feeling any better? Hope your charges were good for you the last couple of days on the bus.
Well girlies, I am going to get off of here. Watch a little bit of tv and then go to bed. Have a great weekend!
Chat with you all later,
Kerry

HatterasMermaid
01-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Hey ya'll.............. WHAT A WEEK! TGIF! I am still not feeling well. My voice is still rather, um, lets call it husky! Our oldest turned 16 today. Man, do we feel ancient! Cake is one of my huge trigger foods. ....I had a small slice and I'm ignoring the sound of it calling my name! Going to bed instead! My electric blanket is calling me LOUDER! So. For now, I'm calling it a week, a day, a year in my kiddos life.... !
take care, type to you tomorrow!

talk to you all tomorrow!

just_a_dreamy1
01-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Kerry - That was a heck of a quick note! :lol: Do you type 85 wpm, or something? J/K ;)
Good for you for sticking with the exercise and eating :cheer: And keeping up with your homework...I know how tempting it can be to procrastinate (like I'm doing right now :p)
Enjoy your field trip! I want to hear all about it. DB and I went to a museum in our town a couple of months ago. It was my first time at a museum, and it was really cool. I want to go to several more.
I don't have kids, but my neice turned 3 last year, and my nephew turned 1. Just the other day, I was thinking about how cuddly they are when they're just little babies, and I felt sad. It's so bittersweet to be a part of a child's life, but so wonderful :)
I was just reading over the thread again, and you mentioned that you had read The Choice, by Nicholas Sparks. How was it? I love Nicholas Sparks! The Notebook is my DB's favorite romantic movie of all time :)

Mermaid - I hope you feel all better soon! :bravo: on the cake! That's awesome!

Hi :wave: to Ginger and Summerrrr.

I'm working on day 4 binge free :cb: I'm having a cup of java, and then it's off to get ready for work...I work 4 hours at the grocery store, and then right after, 3 hours at the icecream shop. Last night, I had a friend over and it was really nice to just be a couch potato, have a few drinks, and gab.

Have a great weekend, ladies! Lots of :dust: to you :)

HatterasMermaid
01-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Hello, girlies!

Hope the weekend has been good to you AND that you have been good to yourselves! I have continued to be lazy this weekend. I've got one heck of a cold that I just can't get rid of!

So, Penelope, Congratulations on your BingeControl! Working in a grocery store AND an icecream shop? I would be a total mess! Did you get your homework done? Hope so!

Kerry, right after I asked you about that ball, I was flipping through tv and I saw that ball for myself! So, do you like it? Does it make a difference? It seems like it would just knowing how those moves work and imagining having something under you! At another point in my life, 1000 years ago, back in college, in a required gym class (when I THOUGHT I was huge but wasn't EVEN really CLOSE to be large let alone HUGE! SIGHHH), the coach had us doing crunches with a towel rolled up, stuck in the small of our back. She also had us only coming up part way... gotta remember this was the full "sit up" era. We thought she had lost her mind! WHO knew she was ahead of her time?!?! Hope that you've enjoyed your weekend trip to the museum! I luv, luv, luv a good museum! :)

Gin, How goes it chicka? Hope you've enjoyed the weekend! I survived the boys exams. SO DID THEY. It was a close call. The youngest is in full "I*hate*the*world*Don't*care*about*school*wait*unti l*mom*screams*THEN*
react*"mode. He is a sweet kid REALLY but MANNNNN! Of course, we can't forget that YES, once again, for the 10th year, I had to REMIND the hs to follow the oldest kids educational plan..... I'm going to have to agree. Babies were so much easier! Oh, don't want to forget! For his birthday, DH gave DS an old beat up Bronco of ours that isn't even CLOSE to being road ready. You would have thought it was a Lamborgini! DS is thrilled! He has talked about getting this truck since he was about 8 SO we've fulfilled his dream. (giggle, giggle, giggle!) I told him to get that hunk of junk of his out of my yard!

Well. Enough from mee! I've put a roast in the crock pot. DH is at work. Need to address the laundry and living area! I'm sure a nap will be thrown in there too! Tomorrow is a work day at school so THAT is exciting! :)
Will check in to hear how you all are later today! Make good choices for what your reach for AND how much you reach for! Move that fanny of yours! (Once I get to the point where I don't send myself into coughing fits with any sort of physical activity, I will heed my own advice!)

Ya'll take care!

wannabethin4ever
01-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Mermaid, I hope you feel better soon..

good luck to everyone. :)

HatterasMermaid
01-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks, wannabe! I can't believe the weekend is over ALREADY!
SIGHHHH!

just_a_dreamy1
01-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Mermaid - Thank you for the kudos :) Sometimes I feel like a mess...mostly with stress, and sometimes because of tempation at the icecream shop...I usually just promise myself a skinny paralyzer (1% milk and diet coke) when I get home at night ;) It helps with the sugar cravings AND the stress :lol:
No, I didn't get my homework done...and I'm still not :p There's no one at school, though! One of our teachers isn't even here. I wish I had stayed home. Our truck wouldn't start, and we are in the middle of a cold snap. I was a block of ice by the time I got to school!
I agree...where the heck did the weekend go??? How are you feeling?

wannabethin - Thanks, chicky. How'd you do?

:wave: to all the other girls. Is anyone else getting this weather? Either way, drive safe, stay warm, and lots of :dust: and :hug:

ECmom
01-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Having lots of fun here in vacationland.........;):dizzy:
Wish I had time for a long hello, just wanted you to know I am still alive and ok. Dh fell off a step stool at his mothers while trying to make a repair- it was a cheappieceof**** plastic step stool and most likely broke his ankle.
The xray showed a hairline fracture, waiting for the MRI to confirm. And for those of you who know my Dh.......well we are just having a ton of fun here!:dizzy:
Stay well. Be back when I can post more and get personal.
G

HatterasMermaid
01-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Oh dear! Gin, I am so sorry to hear that your dh has broken his ankle! I'm so so sorry! ((((hugs)))) Hang in there......don't kill him! Don't forget to be good to YOU! GOOD LUCK!

Get your homework done, Penelope! Hope the vehicle problems are a thing of the past!

I must go finish my report cards..... MUST. They are due tomorrow! MUST!
This cold is lingering.... Controlled my eating today. Got most of my water in. Walked a bit this morning with my friends at school.... Felt good to be back at it! Nearly have a voice left at the end of the day! but I still just want to go to bed ...but must do those report cards!

Later girlies!
take care,
meeee

KAR73
01-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Evening Ladies,
Well I survived my fieldtrip to Pittsburgh on a school bus 4 hours one way. Then yesterday cleaned house and fought with my dh. So I was glad to come back to school today. Have to laugh because dh went to the doctor's today and was told that he has to watch his weight. He is twenty pounds over weight and the doctor is concerned. Remember when he would give me fits over my weight and make snide comments. But I told him that this is fine because we can help his daughter better this way. Enough about me!
Penelope, the fieldtrip was awesome! The musem was a lot of fun. They had a sub to tour, a sports works building and then the four floors of exhibits. So you would definately have to spend the whole day there from start to close to see everything. Think I have convinced my dh to take the kids there this summer. Hope your week is off to a good start. The Choice is a really good book. Makes you do a lot of thinking at the end, about if you were faced with that choice which way would you go. I highly recommend you get it and read it.
Mermaid glad that you and your boys made it through exams. Hope that you start to feel better soon. Don't you always have a terrible time in the winter months with staying healthy? Sending hugs your way. Hope your week got off to a great start!
Ginger, sorry to hear about dh. Hope he doesn't drive you too insane. If so, just pop in a walking video and sweat your troubles away.
Welcome Wannabethin! How is your week going so far?
Well I am going to sign off here. I have to put a flyer in my new Avon books and then I think I am going to go to bed early for a change. Chat with you all tomorrow.
Have a great evening!
Kerry

ECmom
01-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Mermaid- you get those nasty report cards done?! Its great to hear of you being really back on program! I am so excited for you! Glad you are getting some walking in too- even 15 minutes is one AP! Hope your voice is doing better too. And some unrequested advice about raising teens.......when the going gets tough, the tough get walking. Seriously, when I get really, really annoyed with an adolescent (even the adult adolescent with the broken ankle) I go for a walk. First of all, it keeps me from committing murder, and it keeps me from stress eating. And thanks for the advice, I was good to me this am.....had my hair done (I made the appointment 6 weeks ago, timing is everything!)

Kerry-thought of you this am,my sister in sweat. (did my kick box tape) Glad your trip was so great and that you enjoyed it. You have a meeting tonite, right? Blessings from the scale fairy....hope it goes well. Kind of nice that Dh has been told to lose some weight too- perhaps it will help him to be more supportive of your efforts. And what a great example it can be for his Dd.

Wannabe-Glad to meet you!
Penelope and Summer- how are you doing? (Summerrrr we miss you........)

So far, so good. My eating has been ok- and I did get that DVD in.
Better go get ready to face the monsters this afternoon.
See ya later!
G

ECmom
01-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Good evening!
Survived dinner, but gotta admit that Dh was in a less than good mood.
Working the day with a bad ankle proved to be exhausting, and thankfully he is asleep. (he was SUCH A CRAB!).
Off to do some ironing and watch Idol with Dd.
Nite!
ginger

KAR73
01-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Just a quick note to say hi to everyone.
I went to my wi last night and gained 1.5 pounds. So it must be from stress and lack of sleep. Because I have been eating properly and working out. So I am going to work on getting enough sleep this coming week, so hopefully the scale fairy will be nice to me. LOL
Hope everyone is having a great day today! I will check back in with you all later.
Kerry

ECmom
01-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Good morning!
Kerry- somewhere I heard that lack of sleep can result in extra retention of water too. Perhaps that is the culprit. It can be helpful to go "big picture" here with weight loss- you are still down from 2 weeks ago- so this is just a speed bump on your way to goal weight! Drink lots of water.........hang in there my sister in sweat!

So far so good for me. Walked 2.2 miles on the treadmill and my eating is ok.
Gotta go get dinner started, I have Pioneer girls tonite, so I have to be organized now.
See ya later!
Ginger

KAR73
01-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Good Afternoon,
Thanks Ginger for your kind words. I really think it is just water retention. I am going to keep doing what I am doing and see if my weight is down next week when I weigh in. I am seeing changes in my body, like my legs are toning up, and my belly fat is going away little by little, so that is encouraging. I did my Walk and Jog dvd this morning and thought of you. So tomorrow morning it will be my Walk and Kick dvd. Great that you got your walk in this morning. Hope you enjoy your afternoon and evening.
Hi Mermaid. Did you get your report cards done last night? Can't believe how fast this school is going. Just think in a few short months we will be on summer vacation. Glad you are getting to walk with some friends at school. I really enjoy that we are walking in the afternoon program every day. So I get in some extra excerise and get paid for it too!
Hi Penelope. How is your week going? Hope you are having time to do your homework.
Hi to Wannabethin and Summer. Hope all is well for you. Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

HatterasMermaid
01-31-2008, 12:25 AM
Hey ya'll! Glad to see that everyone is hanging tough with their plans for the week! Kerry, I *OH*SO*WANT* to try the Walk and Jog SOME day when I'm back in better shape! I was once, a MILLION years ago a runner! LOVED it and the way I felt when I was running; however, knees, babies and then finally girly part issues caused me to stop... I should have never stopped! Gin, glad to hear that your hair appointment came at a good time! Take care of that mano'yours! So was it broken for sure? Penelope, where are you? Not procrastinating about that homework, I hope!

Sorry to be MIA again! As per every school year since 1997, I'm having difficulties with my kid's IEP being followed. Yes, I know it *IS* surprising! 11th year in a row that *THEY* can't seem to get it right. I will spare you further details....... but just know that these "difficulties" take a TON of my time and energy and therefore limits my time to visit here! REALLY. ...since Kindergarten! Enough about this.

I weighed in today. Down 1.75. Of course I'll take any loss; however, I would have hoped for a full 2 pounds as I really REALLY behaved! On the other hand, because of my cold I was unable to do any walking.... Breathing was exercise enough there for a while! So... I've updated my ticky thing below! I'm getting closer to my first goal.... my 10%

Hugs to you all! Anyone hearing from Summerrrr?
take care,
meeeee

KAR73
01-31-2008, 07:55 AM
Congrats Mermaid for you weight loss! Keep up the good work! I know that you will be feeling better soon and back to moving again in some form of excerise. Hope you have a good day with your kiddos!
Ginger how are you surviving honey? Hope things are not stressing you out too bad. Thought of you this morning when I did my Walk and Kick video. It was very chilly in the house when I woke up this morning. But now I am toasty warm after doing that video! Hope you have a wonderful day! Glad you got your hair done yesterday and you pamper yourself a little bit!
Penelope hope your week is going well. How is work and school? Hope that you are able to get a little bit of excerise in.
Well I must go and get ready for work today. We are going on a fieldtrip in my class today. We recycle the papers at are school and we are going with the high school MH class to the recycling center for a tour. So it should be an interesting day for me! First time I am taking three of my kids out into the community setting.
Hope you all have wonderful OP days!
Take care,
Kerry

ECmom
01-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi!
Kerry- thanks for the kind words, I am having a tough day- and feeling, well, rather unloved and unappreciated. Oh, I will be fine and put my game face on shortly to return to work. That usually shakes me out of a funk. Glad you got a workout in this am. Hope your day is great.

Mermaid- WOO HOO- congrats on the loss! It is almost 2#.......take it with a big smile and be proud of yourself. I am thrilled for you! And you will get back in shape, able to do some more strenuous workouts. Just gotta build up to it! Funny you ask, I emailed Summerrr the other day, she is fine but very, very overwhelmed by work. (got a response this am). Have to email her back-

Did get a 20 minute walk outside this am. Felt good, athough I really had to inspire myself to go. Glad I did though.

Gotta go get ready to face the savages soon.
See ya!
Ginger

ECmom
01-31-2008, 09:09 PM
Got another 20 minute walk in this evening.......don't praise me for doing so, I basically had to do something to get rid of the crabby Dh stress.. He was AWFUL.......and then his mother called. Oh, joy of joys.......and asked about his ankle. (can you strangle someone over the phone?).

Anyway, other than that life goes on. We have some interesting weather tomorrow, which might put our school on delayed opening. We'll see!
Have a great night.
G

ECmom
02-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Good morning!
Last night was one of those I would rather forget. To top off Dh's miserable mood, Ds's cell phone accidentally dropped in the toilet. For once wisdom prevailed- that is the only cell phone we have that is covered by an insurance policy (I somehow figured Ds would do something like this someday). Of course, I should have known this would happen.........his father did the same thing about 6 months ago with our less than 2 month old phone:dizzy:.

Anyway, just got the call that there is an ice storm coming.....got the day off!!!!!! :D Gee, I did need a snow day!!!!!!!:D

Off for my date with the treadmill and some morning news. Chat with you later.
Ginger

KAR73
02-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Ginger hope that your day goes better for you! Sorry things have been stressful for you here lately. Sending big hugs your way. Hope you can enjoy your day off. We had a two-hour delay this morning. So it was nice to get an extra 2 hours of sleep in. Then I did a 3 mile walk video. Hope you were able to work up a good sweat and burn off some frustration and stress.
Hi to Penelope and Mermaid. Hope your week is going great!
Got a new scale from Avon last night and tried it out this morning. Looks like I am down from Tuesday's wi weight. So I am hoping that I have a great weigh in on Tuesday.
Chat with you all later.
Have a great afternoon!
Kerry

ECmom
02-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Good afternoon,
Shocker of all shocker, we had no school today.:carrot: Been a miserable ice storm out there, so the day off was a good call. Ended up taking both Ds and Dd to the dentist for cleanings. Ds had an appointment for today anyway, Dd's was for next week and they fit her in (had a cancellation due to the weather). Can't say that today has been the most relaxing day-but at least I got some stuff done here.

Kerry, I did get a nice 2.3 mile walk in on the treadmilll. Glad you had a delay today and got a nice workout in. What a great way to start your day!
Congrats on the new scale. I was given a new digital scale 2 years ago and love it. It really helps keep me on track (when I want to be!:o).

Hi to Summerrr, Mermaid and Penelope. Happy Friday!
Ginger

HatterasMermaid
02-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Hello. Happy Saturday! WhoooHoo! So glad it is the weekend!
This week has been exhausting! So jealous of your ice closing and delays! We got hours and hours of absolutely POURING, driving rain! Rainy crazy drive into school, wet soggy drippy kids locked in the classroom all day, screaming, nearly running kids out to buses for ride home in heavy heavy rain! Crazy drive back home! Whew! If I had to do all I did, I'm glad it was rain and not ice! (Remember, we don't get much snow/ice here...so when we do, ALL stops (or should stop...for safety's sake!)

Gin, I'm so sorry to hear that MrAtilla is overflowing in his misery! What great timing for your son to dunk his cell into the potty! (Had to giggle that MrAtilla had previously done this himself!) We are like you... Our son's cell is the only one that is insured as we just KNOW some sort of disaster will fall on his cell. (Knocking on wood...HOPE I haven't just jinxed us!) Hang in there....NO don't strangle your MIL via the phone! I BET even THAT is against the law! At least you are VERY motivated to get sweaty! You keep strong and push your emotional angst towards exercise and STAY out of the kitchen! THIS will eventually pass.....and you will be better for it! Tell those men to take those cells out of their pockets BEFORE they get within 20 feet of a toilet! (((hugs)))

Kerry, you lucky 2 hour delayed girly! MY favorite kind of days are those that are 2 hours delayed! Slow lazy start to the day, arrive at school in time for lunch and a bit o' learning then off to home we go! YUMMMM! I saw that wonderfully fancy new scale that Avon has! I've got the version that was offered last year...and I absolutely HATE it! I caught myself looking at the new one... I just can't spend THAT much money on something that the family can't eat, sit around for entertainment, or drive to school right now. So. Enjoy your new scale....but don't spend too much time on it! You know that the scale only gives you a number. There is so much more to this stuff than the number on the scale! (BUT it does feel good to see that number go down, doesn't it?!)

Where have the others been this week?! Hope all is going well for you where ever you are! Sure do miss Summerrr around here!

Got some very disturbing news last evening regarding my friend's new granddaughter, the one who had to be born 8 weeks early due to a health concern.... She has been diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. Such a shock for this young couple who already have a 2 year old with health concerns......
Baby is doing wonderfully! She is so very strong! She will be coming home on Monday....still more than a month before her due date. ...AND while the CF diagnosis is absolutely horrible.... it is MUCH better than the diagnosis that caused her to need to make her world debut early! So. Her name is Grace and if you are so inclined, please pray for this sweet baby and her family!

Heading to a party at my principal's house.... I'm nervous about the food that will be everywhere. THEN there will be the Superbowl EATATHON. Which I can NOT participate in...don't want to! I'm going to take my own munchies.... enough for others...but surely enough to keep me from over indulging!

Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend! MOVE that fanny and make great choices about what goes into your mouths!

(((HUGS)))
meeeeeeee

KAR73
02-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Afternoon All,
Well I really haven't done much this weekend so far. I have pretty much tried to take it easy, after last weekend's action packed weekend. :) I did deliver some Avon orders yesterday, got gas in my van, went to the dollar store and then took a nap. Last night we took the kids out for dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. Then went to visit my mil. Came home with my lower left back hurting. So I put some icy hot on it and went to bed. Spent a night of tossing and turning to get into a comfortable spot to fall asleep. Slept off and on. So today, really don't have much planned either. Need to sit down and work on my alternate assessment paperwork some.
Mermaid, I will say my prayers for Grace and her family. Hope you enjoyed your party at your principal's house. Sounds like you have a wonderful plan for your superbowl snacking too! Hope it goes well for you. I understand your point about the scale. But for me it is easy, because I just used some of my profit to purchase it. If you didn't like your scale after you had purchased it last year, you could have had your representative return it for you and got a credit. Sorry to hear that you had lots of rain last week. We did too with the wind and cold temps. Hope this week is better for you.
Ginger, how is your weekend going sister in sweat? I took yesterday off from excerising. Hoping that I can talk my sdd into going for a walk this afternoon at the lake. It is suppose to be 50 and sunny. Hope you are not giving into stress by eating. I have been thinking about you a lot and sending you postive thoughts your way and lots of big hugs. Hope your week starts off better than last week was for you. That is great that you got the kids teeth cleaned on your day off on Friday. Now you don't have to worry about that this week.
Hi to Penelope, Summer and Wannabethin. Hope you are all doing great. Check in with us when you can.
Need to click off of here and check out a message my dh's niece sent to us. Chat with you all later.
Have a great afternoon!
Take care,
Kerry

KAR73
02-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Just wanted to wish you ladies a great start to the new week! Hope you all stay op and get some form of excerise in a couple days this week! We can do this together. This is going to be a good year for us!
Take care,
Kerry

ECmom
02-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Just a short hello........

Kerry- hope your back is feeling better! Good luck with tomorrow nites WI!
Walking is usually good for back pain. Hope you got that walk in.

Mermaid- thanks for the encouragment......How sad about little Grace (what an appropriate name!). I will be praying for her and her family. Hope you behaved at the party. (happy or sad with the game results?)

Gotta go get ready to face the masses......:dizzy:
See ya!
Ginger

ECmom
02-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Where is everyone?????????? Hope all my friends here are ok!

I got to a WW meeting today!!!:carrot::carrot: First since mid November, I think. I am throwing out all my old cards (WI cards that is) as I am up a few #'s :(:o and looking at the past is not good. I could kick myself in the can for letting it get this bad- but I am not back to my highest weight and will get this blubber off. It just seems so sad that I was so close, and allowed this to happen.

SO on a brighter note, I have been nicely OP all day and got a 2 mile walk in.
This weight will come off.

Hi to Mermaid, Kerry, Summerrrr, Penelope and Wannabe. Check in and say hello when you can!
Ginger

KAR73
02-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi All,
Well Ginger I gained 1/2 pound this week when I went to my meeting. I think it might be muscle gain, since I am working out again. I have noticed that my legs, waistline and arms are firming up. So I am going to continue to do what I have been doing and see if it helps.
Sorry to hear that you are up some. But at least you got to a meeting and stayed op today. Plus you got a 2 mile walk in. You are off to a great start. We can do this together. I pledged tonight to lose 10 pounds by April 8th for a contest we are doing at TOPS. You had to pledge to lose weight, keep a journal of your food and excerise for the ten weeks and contact TOPS members. So I am hoping that I can start losing weight soon.
Hi to Mermaid, Penelope, Summer and Wannabethin. Hope you are all having a great week.
Well I am off of here to finish watching the Biggest Loser. I will chat with you all later.
Have a great evening!
Take care,
Kerry

ECmom
02-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi Kerry!
Sorry to hear about your tiny gain- but it sure sounds like muscle or water to me! You sound so focused, it's gonna come off! I like your 10# challenge, with tons of accountability to help keep you on track. We are gonna do this together, my sister in sweat.:hug: Did you get a workout in? (just finished my kick box DVD).

Not much else is new- got a little bit of a cold/stomach bug, but nothing that prevents me from functioning. Just hope I can keep my focus with WW.
So far, today has been pretty good.

Guess I'd better get ready to face the afternoon. See ya!
Ginger

KAR73
02-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi Ginger,
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Hope you start to feel better soon. Hope your little angels are good for you on the bus. I am sure that you can stay focused on WW. Remember that we are in this together.
I figured out what my weight gain was from. I started my TOM last night right before bed. So that isn't too bad. I am journaling all that I eat and keeping track of my calories. So I hope that helps me. I did get my Walk Away the Waistline dvd done today. It was a 3 mile walk. I got a good sweaty workout in this morning. Have to go meet my dh after work tonight at the H&R Block office to get our taxes done. Sounds like an exciting date huh?
Well have to go and get my kids back on to work.
Take care,
Kerry

ECmom
02-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Ah, soft music, dim lights, sweet flowers, precious time alone with your husband.......OVER TAXES at H&R BLock!:o;) Gee, just does not get any more romantic than that Kerry! Hope it goes well and you get a nice refund.
Glad you figured out the gain was TOM (mine is due in a day or so too, so I am sure it is responsible for a # or two). And next time, try to find a more romantic date with your Dh. hehehehehe

I am feeling worse.......some I know have been completely blown away with this cold. Can't be the flu, I got a shot in October. So, I will drink lots of tea and hope it goes away........soon.
Off to finish making dinner
G

HatterasMermaid
02-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Hello ladies!
So sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, Gin! Hope your tea fights it off for you! So proud of you for getting in your dvd despite not feeling well! Regarding the SuperBowl, we LOVED the way it ended! We are (even in these darkest of times!) Dolphin fans....SO we would have cheered for WHOEVER was playing the Pats! Keep the Dolphin record alive and intact! Kerry, I'm with Gin about your date tonight! Bleech! But hey, hopefully it will end with a nice fat return at the end of the night! So how is that Bender ball going for you?! Glad to hear that the gain was a cycle thing although, muscle is heavier than fat so you are right about gaining on the scale with all the hard work you are doing!

I've updated my ticker thingy to show this week's loss of 2 pounds! I've been walking at school with some of my friends; however, I MUST make room in my living room to do some of my WATP dvds / tapes! I feel I need more exercise than what I'm getting at school! Time and space are certainly limited around here! I'm motivated by the loss! I've done fairly well for nearly a month now (will have to check on the dates!) but I have so so SOOOOOOOOO much to do before I'm in maintain mode! I hear you Gin about being disappointed that you let it creep back up on you! I am in the same boat...although not back at my highest weight ...SO, I guess that is a good thing! I'm with you guys for this journey!

Keep up the great work! Feel better, Gin! Kerry, fight that TOM monster! Keep moving those fannies of yours! THINK before you put anything into your mouth!

(((Hugs)))
meeeee

ECmom
02-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Good morning!
Ms Mermaid, great to hear from you! Awesome results with your 2# loss!:carrot: Are you doing WW online/ at meetings or just on program with some friends? No matter what, it works.....and I am thrilled for your results.
I hear ya with needing a workout, I plan on ordering a new DVD to shake up my existance a bit and perhaps shake some weight off. Congrats too on being OP for almost a month- 6 weeks makes new behaviors into habits, so you are almost there!!! We can do this.

Did a 2 mile walk this am- but I am feeling a bit drained. Woke up feeling miserable but am not too bad right now. Dh is gone on an overnight business trip, so at least I can avoid the big cooking ordeal- Ds and Dd will just have to deal with leftovers tonite.

Guess I'd better get my achy self back to something productive.
See ya!
Ginger

just_a_dreamy1
02-07-2008, 01:13 PM
:wave: Hi, ladies. I'm sorry that I've been MIA for so long!

I'm doing good...today is day #2 binge free for me again. I'm really looking forward to the weekend! I'm finally catching up on my class work :)

I hope everyone has a great Thursday. I've missed you ladies! :hug:

P.S. What do you all think of starting a new thread? Maybe Coconut Telegraph #2? :lol:

KAR73
02-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi Ladies,
TGIF! It sure has been a long week for me! How bout anybody else? I am going shopping tomorrow with my sister and mil for a new outfit for my nephew's wedding next weekend. So I am looking forward to that.
My eating has been good concerning that the TOM monster has appeared. Plus I have been getting in my workouts. But today I skipped it this morning, so I could sleep in an extra hour. But I will make up for it tomorrow morning.
I am hoping that the scale is my friend on Tuesday night.
Mermaid that is great news about your 2 pound loss! Sounds like you have been working hard for the last month. I bet it helps that you are walking with your friends at school too. I know that mile walk in the afternoon with the afterschool kids helps me alot on Mondays-Thursdays. Hope you have a great weekend!
Ginger I am hoping that you are feeling better today. So any big plans for the weekend? What kind of new dvd do you think you might get to shake up your workouts? I got a 3 mile Walk Away Your Waistline dvd a few weeks ago. It is a very brisk walk with Lesile and gang. Do you already have that one?
Penelope glad that you made it through day 2 of no binge eating. Hope you can go for day 3. Just check in with us periodically to let us know how things are going with you. Hope you get some time off this weekend to relax. Sounds like you are very busy with school and working two jobs.
Well we had a scary thing happen an hour from our school yesterday. A husband came in to his wife's fifth grade classroom and shot her in front of her students. She is stable at this time and he shot himself at home later that afternoon. So please keep the teacher and her family in your prayers. That is just so sad!
Well I better go and get my kids back in line. They are counting pennies for our penny drive for cancer patitents.
Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

ECmom
02-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Consider it done, Penelope...........Coconut Telegraph #2 coming up! See ya there!