Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#124

thinthinker
01-22-2002, 10:16 AM
WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts

thinthinker
01-22-2002, 10:20 AM
Hi you guys! :wave: The thread was getting really long again so I decided to start this new one. Please make sure you go back and read the second page. Chickadee4ever and Mary are on it and I don't want you to miss out.

I did much better on food yesterday. I'll be back later to do my regular post. I just came to read a little before I left for work and found we needed the new thread.

See you all later.

2cute2Bfat
01-22-2002, 04:23 PM
I am getting in here a little late today. I made a commitment to go swim before I could post and it took me forever to force myself to go. :^: This is another one of those love/hate situations. I LOVE swimming... but I HATE going in front of other people in a swimsuit when I weigh over 300lbs. I know all the pros to swimming and that is why I eventually do go.... but it is HARD.

I feel good about my recovery again. :D I stayed on program yesterday and so far today I am doing great again. I have started my 4th bottle of water and went shopping for healthy foods for me. I FEEL GOOD !!!!!

chickadee... we always end threads with "do not post here" because in the past newcomers would not know to go to the new threads and would post on old threads and we would miss them. Then they felt like we were avoiding them. Also many do not know that there are more than one page on a thread often. That is why we try to start at new thread after 30 posts. In the past each page held approximately 30posts. With the new format a page now only holds 14 posts but you can program your options to still put 30 posts on one page...which many of us oldtimers have done.

Tuesday Tips....
EAT your veggies.... Your body needs veggies.
DRINK your water... lots of it
BE MERRY !!! ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING !!!!

EAT - DRINK - and be MERRY !!!!!!! :D That is my Tuesday Tip.

This puts a whole new outlook on this phrase. Many of us have lived by it for years... except we drank pop... we ate junk food ... and we thought being merry meant we could eat and drink all we wanted. :nono:

Well as Malia and Ladybug stated... WE HAVE TO CHANGE.
We need to eat more healthy... drink more water .... and be happy with who we are NOW. Become more active. Have a more "positive" attitude.

well friends... I have a goal today to get my kitchen clean and it is not getting done with me on this computer. LOL Hopefully I can get back here later. I sure hope to find more of you here.
Here is a picture of me swimming today. ;)

2cute2Bfat
01-22-2002, 04:53 PM
I had to come back in and share with you what I just discovered !!!
This morning after washing my hair I added a new creme rinse type product to my hair. It was to set for several minutes and then rinse out.
It was not the usual gooey stuff and I forgot to rinse it out. :rolleyes:
I kept wondering all day why my hair was so sooo "different". :lol:
That happened early this morning and I just now figured out what I did. :dizzy:

And the answer to the question you are all wondering....
NO... I am not blonde. :lol:

LuckyLadyBug
01-22-2002, 09:54 PM
chickadee I have been thinking about this statement all day. Most dieters are not open to change. I believe in general most people don't like change of any kind even though we are constantly changing.

Maybe this is just a light bulb moment for me but I never thought of my resistance to change and weight loss.

This is quite profound for me so I may keep rambling all week about it.:lol:

I have a awful cold/sinus thing going on. I haven't been sick in 15 year - (really) - and now the flu and then this.....:mad:

prism
01-22-2002, 11:11 PM
Hi everyone,

Did really well today. Exercised first thing in the morning to richard's sweat and shout. No soda. 2 fruits for snack, a healthy breakfast and lunch. I was mentally hungry. I'm trying to distract myself. The first couple of days will be tough. I'm going to get a project going.

Thin, I'm going to dress up a small, collapsible hat with ribbon embroidery. Pastel colors will be pretty. I need to sew a valentine's table cloth too. We're into theme tablecloths. I found fabric at walmart for valentines, st patrick's day, and easter. I have more ideas than time. The key is to work on them instead of overeating.

Tuesday tip: keep busy.

thinthinker
01-23-2002, 12:51 AM
Hi everyone! :wave: Sorry, but I'm only getting back here for a minute tonight. I can barely keep my eyes open. I did much better on food today, about 6 glasses of water and 4 fruits/veggies. So I am improving.

I also wanted to come back and post a quote from one of my favorite WW leaders because it fits with the current conversation going on here.

You all have a good night. Catch ya later.

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." - Frank I'm sure this was really said by someone else, but Frank's where I got it from so so be it.

2cute2Bfat
01-23-2002, 01:40 AM
Hello again. Thought I would drop in before heading to bed.

CHANGE ...I don't think your talking about nickels, dimes or quarters. LOL

I often feel like I get "short changed" on diets. I do REALLY REALLY good for an ENTIRE WEEK and I only lose 2lbs. :mad:
Then after 3 weeks ...I STILL havent reach goal YET !!! LOL
It amazes me how often I feel short changed. :lol:

Let me be honest... I didn't want to change.
I like eatting all of my favorite foods... and as much as I want.
I don't like having to exercise.
I wish I could just "WISH" a new body ...but continue to eat whatever I want, whenever I want.
I don't want those things to change.

BUT....CHANGE is a MUST for SUCCESS!!!!!

Physcially I have to change what I eat and the amounts.
I need to change the foods I eat the least (veggies) to the things I eat the most. And the foods I eat the most (fast foods) to the foods I eat the least.
I have to get this body moving. NOT just to lose weight... but because it is necessary for a healthy body and mind.

Mentally I have to change to a POSITIVE ATTITUDE.
Attitude is EVERYTHING !!!! I have to think positive. I have to talk success. I have to read literature that uplifts me and inspires me. I have to quit badmouthing myself. I have to be my own best friend. I cannot hate myself into recovery. I need to take CARE of myself. I need to be gentle with myself. Not so gentle that I love myself to death. Tough love is sometimes needed.

Spiritually I need to change my hate to forgiveness. I need to change my guilt to forgiveness. I need to change my anger to forgiveness.
Forgive YOURSELF...and even a few others too. ;)

Change is sometimes a very difficult thing to deal with.
Change my eatting habits.
Change my activity levels.
Change my attitude.
Change my way of dealing with people...including myself.

Hmmmm.... maybe I want to change my mind about this recovery thing. :lol:

No.... I am going to WELCOME change with open arms...
.... even if you have to tie me down to do it. :lol:

2cute2Bfat
01-23-2002, 02:58 AM
I was reading in another site and found this story. The last paragraph talks about CHANGE. I hope it moves you as much as it moved me.
I have lost almost 100 pounds and honestly couldn't see where it went. You know that when you see someone every day you don't notice the 'little' changes. Besides, I have been on this woe for almost 2 years. It's been a slow road.

But I found this picture taken a few months before I started the woe. It's a nice family shot of us kids and our granny. I always picture my older brothers as 'big' brothers. They were althletic-muscular- and tall. (the shortest one is 6ft. 2!)

But in this picture, I am the 'big' one. I weighed at least 319 pounds then. I would guess that my brothers weighed between 185 and 220. I never realized I was 100 pounds heavier then them.

I'm almost in tears thinking back to how I was. I thought I was healthy. I was eating low fat foods. But I don't have a neck or jaw. My cheeks go almost down to my chest. And speaking of my chest, I thought I had a nice set of ta-ta's. But they look like just another fat roll-nothing sexy there!

I also remember my emotional/physical state then, too. I HATED having to get up to go potty at night. My feet and ankles were so stiff and sore that it was almost torture. I would intentionally not drink anything after 7 PM just to avoid having to get up. And first thing in the morning was dreaded. I couldn't jump out of bed to greet the day. It hurt too much.

So where am I today? I feel I am a world away from that woman in the picture. While I'm still 40+ pounds from my goal, I feel more 'normal'. Last week I bought a size one-X large Gap sweater from the thrift shop-for 'someday' when I get thin enough. I was so happy when I got home and put it on!! It fit!!! I almost cried over a sweater!! I felt pretty, confident and ready to be seen in public.

But it's more than the weight loss. At 319 pounds, I couldn't allow myself to dream of having kids. Now I know that when I lose another 21 pounds I'm going in to a fertility doctor. I used to live in fear of hearing another professional tell me to 'just lose weight'. I know that my weight isn't my problem. I have a suspicion that I have PCOS. While I may never be able to have kids, I need to get past my embarassment and get to the bottom of things. I know that by the time I get to 200 pounds I will have the confidence to make that appointment. (But for right now, I'll chase after 3 foster sons!!)

My last words? You can do it!! It's more than a few pounds that you're changing. You're changing your life, your emotional well-being and your outlook on things. And you deserve only the BEST in life! Don't be afraid to grab the golden rings!

This woman took 2 years to lose her 100lbs... but she stuck with it!!!!
She lost slow... but she stuck with it.
That averages less than one pound a week. But she stuck with it.

If she can stick with it.... SO CAN WE !!!!!!!!

LuckyLadyBug
01-23-2002, 08:43 AM
2Cute that was a great story. Thanks for posting it here for us.

I lose weight in spurts also. It seems the weeks I eat "properly" I don't lose at all. I get discouraged and have a not so good week and lose. I know this loss is from the prior weeks so now it's back on the band wagon, feeling bad that I messed up the week before. And so it goes.....UNTIL NOW Permanent Change is my new moto.

2cute2Bfat
01-23-2002, 01:41 PM
I hope everyone is having a great day. I am so far.
Ladybug...Permanent change... that is what I want to.
I don't want to ever see my TOP WEIGHT again. :eek:

Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday. Dr. Phil was on.
I got sick of him and quit watching every Tuesday because of him but yesterday I didn't change the station. He was pretty good.
One thing he said was that we are always changing. Sometimes for the better and somtimes for the worst ... but we are always changing. The choice was ours which way we change. He said next year at this time you can either weigh more... or you can weigh less... the choice was ours. What decisions we make TODAY will decided what we will weigh tomorrow.
He has written a new book..."SELF MATTERS". I learned a lot watching it.

Well I am going to FORCE myself to go swimming.
They have changed the rules there and now the ONLY time I can swim with minimal people is 7:30-8:30am. They have water aerobic classes fom 9-11 that used to come free with your membership. Now they are going to charge extra for them so many women are meeting at 11-1 to do aerobics on their own during the free swim time. :rolleyes: That is when I used to go. :mad: I have said this before and I must repeat it to myself everyday.... NO ONE is going to stop me from improving myself. It is embarrassing... but staying fat forever is even more embarassing. If they can't figure out that I am there to get healthy then they have a BIGGER problem than I do.

Take care ladies. I hope those of you who are missing come back soon.

2cute2Bfat
01-23-2002, 04:00 PM
I DID IT !!! I forced myself to go swimming.
I am drinking my 4th bottle of water.
I ate a tuna salad for lunch.
I AM DOING IT.... ONE BABY STEP AT A TIME.

Chickadee4ever
01-23-2002, 04:08 PM
Hy everybody!
Short one to tell you that I am glad to be gaining ... control over my life, while losing pounds!
:p

Chickadee4ever
01-23-2002, 04:09 PM
2cute! I just read your post!
way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
magnificent!
super!
u go girl!
:wave:

Grannie39074
01-23-2002, 05:01 PM
Hi all
Weigh in Wednesday
I'm back down to 210:D

I had a green salad today with tuna on it. and water.
Great job Cute and Chick Thats all any of us can do Baby steps one step at a time. we didn't gain this weight overnight and we won't lose it overnight.

LuckyLadyBug
01-23-2002, 07:51 PM
2Cute I taped Oprah so when I watch it - maybe Fri or Sat we will have to discuss!!!!

thinthinker
01-23-2002, 09:35 PM
Hello everyone! :wave: Food is improving this week. At least my weight registered on my scale this morning. On Monday I was above it's limit again. Improvement--a little at a time! :)

I hate to not be answering all of you these last couple of days, but just don't have the time. I'm doing the last Recognition Reception at the nursing home tomorrow. The program is being cancelled for lack of interest. I can't get any family members to step up to the plate and help out and I just can't do it all by myself anymore. And to tell the truth, I don't feel as if I should have to. My dad will be dead a whole year next Thursday and I've been doing all of it all this time. It's time for someone who has a resident there currently to take on some of it, but no one is interested. It's a bittersweet thing with me. I hate that the program is dying, but it will be nice to have some time back to myself.

Sorry to go on and on about this. You all are sounding like CHANGE is in your future and I have realized that it needs to be in mine as well. I ate out for lunch and dinner today. Lunch was a grilled chicken sandwich and dinner was grilled tuna steak. So that was better than it could have been.

Well girls, my kitty is sitting at my feet begging for the treats I keep here in the office for him, so I guess I'll go and pay some attention to him.

You all have a good night. Hey, Lynne should be back from her honeymoon later this week. I hope she comes back to the thread.

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it." - Toni Cade Bambara

katrinabgood
01-23-2002, 10:45 PM
Wow!
I had A LOT of catching up to do! Actually, I have TRIED to post quite a few times and got interrupted one way or another by someone or another. I am so determined to get this post in, that I just yelled at my 10 year old son to stop talking to me for five minutes(NICE MOM ):devil: In my defense, he was relating to me for the 100th time today's episode of "Sponge Bob Squarepants" AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!:dizzy:

I love all the inspirational messages you guys are sharing, Thank you!! I just really don't have the time to respond to each one right now...gotta get ready for work. :cry:

I was having a great week last week, and then hit that point where I manage to undo all the good I have done. I have missed TWO weigh-ins @ WW, but I will not say die!! I am back on the wagon, and will keep picking myself up and dusting myself off and starting again until I get this right!! Thanks to all of you for keeping me motivated. I will do this!

Welcome, newbies! Glad to see you guys here, make youselves at home! We are a nice group aren't we?:smug:

Last night at work, I was flipping through a magazine and came across this story about a woman, down on her luck, who came across this passage from the Bible and began to pray...her prayers were answered before she was even done praying. I'm not the most religious person in the world, but I found the passage inspiring and I wrote it down and kept it in my pocket. I glanced at it a few times, It brought a smile to my face and hope into my heart...and today after a long absence from exercising, I found myself at a park, walking through the mud and melting snow around a beautiful lake and enjoying the wintery day...here is the simple passage..."Be joyful always. Pray continually. Give thanks in all circumstances."

Simple. Very powerful.

I give thanks for all of you here, my support system...you make me laugh, you make me think, you make me realize I am not alone. Thank you all!

OK, gotta go read to my boy...see I'm not all THAT mean! :s:

Have a great night all... :wave:

2cute2Bfat
01-24-2002, 02:24 AM
Well ladies... I have had one traumatizing evening.
I had to drive myself to the hospital emergency room. :(

My husband has been so nice lately and taken me out for dinner 3 nights in a row plus the movies each night. I decided to cook him some fried pork chops with a special "recipe" to return the favor. He loves fried pork chops and I never fry any more. It was going to be a surprise when he got home.

Well... I had cooked two and had taken them out of the pan. I was preparing two more to put in the HOT oil and the pork chop fell off the fork and landed in the hot oil like an adult doing a cannonball jump into a swimming pool. :eek:
The HOT oil came flying through the air and landed on ME. :eek:
It not only hit me... it soaked me !!! I have blisters on my chest, boobs, right arm and FACE !!!!

It flew aross my face and stopped just short of my eyes. Thank God !!!! I was wearing my reading glasses so that saved my sight. My lips are totally blistered and my right cheek has a pretty huge blister too. But the worst blister was under my chin. It is the size of a coffee cup.!!!! Of course, the fact that I have two or three chins might account for the huge size there. :lol: And my swollen lips ... are fat lips still in style? :lol:
I can laugh at it now... but trust me... I wasn't laughing when it happened.

I was soooooo AFRAID I would be SCARED for LIFE.!!!! My face was still burning bad an hour after it happened. I just kept crying off and on from the fear. I didn't care about my chest and arm being scared... but my face.... that was really really scarey.
My right arm is bandaged from my fingers to my arm pit.... and I have burns the entire length. I have tons of little blisters on my thumb and hand.
My chest is only bandaged just below the neck area. They did not even see the burns on my right boob and belly.
And my face... It is just white with some sort of cream.
I am going to look like rudolph the reindeer with a big red burn on the tip of my nose. :lol:
My lips are pretty bad. They are already oozing something out of them. Oooppsss..... I hope no one was eatting. :^: LOL

This little leopard sort of looks like me. Of course...I am much worse. :lol:

2cute2Bfat
01-24-2002, 02:28 AM
The site wouldn't take my whole post so I had to divide it into two sections. here is the second half.

Well friends.... I finally get motivated to FORCE myself to swim again... and now I can't.
The doctor said no swimming till these heal. So I guess I am going to start up an affair with ole Richard again.

I have a LOT to be thankful for this Thankful Thursday.
I am thankful my eyes did not get burned.
I am thankful that I was able to drive myself to the hospital.
I am thankful that it wasn't worst.
I am thankful that my grandbaby wasn't visiting.
I am thankful that I came home and DID NOT eat off program.
I am thankful that I have you guys to share my trauma with.
And last but not least...
I am thankful that I am as DETERMINED as ever to stay on program.
No pity party for me. Life is full of ups and downs. It always has been and always will be. And I chose to stay positive and proactive for my new way of life. :D

prism
01-24-2002, 03:53 AM
2cute, what an evening. Wow. Oil burns are painful. Take care of them and yourself. Wake up little richard. He'll keep you going until you can swim again. I'm going to drop sweat and shout for awhile. It's too chaotic to learn new steps. Maybe I'm getting old, but I do feel like a klutz. I'm going back to my other rs tapes.

Today, went really well except for the sugar withdrawals. I had a headache all day. Still have it. I found the perfect solution for vegetables. Truthfully, I dislike them, but found frozen mixed oriental vegetables from costco that tastes pretty good with lemon and a little butter. I ate two cups with a little rice and fish. It was delicious.

Tomorrow is thankful Thursday. I truly have many things to be thankful for. This forum for one. It's wonderful to have this in common with all of you. I live and work in a world of petite women. The giantress. They renovated our office and I stand 6'1" over the customers. Yikes, I'm 5'8". That's a high platform.

Dreamtime is here,

Malia

Grannie39074
01-24-2002, 09:11 AM
Wow Cute; {{{{HUGS}}}}}
Take care of yourself

Thankful Thursday: I am thankful that Cute didn't get hurt worse.
I am thankful for all of you my friends.
I am thankful for my family thay are so supportive.

Well I better go. I may go into town there is a good sale on at McRaes.

katrinabgood
01-24-2002, 10:11 AM
2cute2 be BURNED!
OUCH! :eek:
I hope you're feeling better today! I love your "NO PITY PARTY" attitude! You always inspire me! You go girl!

2cute2Bfat
01-24-2002, 02:07 PM
Well ladies.. I slept good last night. Did not take any of the pain pills they gave me and did fine.

My lip is pretty ugly. I found out I can't drink my water.
My top lip is yucky and I don't want any of that yuck going down with the water. LOL . I am going to get some straws I guess until it heals some. My top lip and near my arm pit got it the worst. Well..if you are not counting all of my chins. :lol:
Right now I am using my granddaughters sippy cup with a built in straw... but it doesn't hold enough.

I am going to go clean up the kitchen. For some reason I just wasn't in the mood to last night. ;) LOL. I have found grease on top of my refrigerator. :^: It went everywhere.

Ladies...If I can sippy cup my water in today... so can you.
Drink that water !!!!! Love you all. :love:

Grannie39074
01-24-2002, 07:22 PM
Cute
Yes I will be your valentine. glad you are sort of ok.

I have been starving all day nothing satisfys me. I have Ladies Circle at church tonight. We have been having bad thunder storms today lots of wind damage in town.

Better go

LuckyLadyBug
01-24-2002, 08:22 PM
Kat thank you for that passage. It is great and I will be carrying it with me too.

Well, 2Cute I can't believe all that happened and you still took the time to post. When do we get to see pictures?:)

Can you even move with all those bandages?

Be Careful from now on!!!! Maybe you should stick to eating out with that nice hubby of yours. BUT not near the kitchen!!!!

katrinabgood
01-24-2002, 09:14 PM
Hey gang...

Glad to see you posting, 2cute! Tell that hubby of yours NO MORE FRYING! And we thought it was just bad cholesterol and calorie-wise! It's also DANGEROUS!.:devil:
I'm glad you're doing OK, take it easy!

Grannie, I have those days too, where NOTHING satisfies me! Unfortunately, I usually keep on eating, hoping that I will find something that hits the spot! Gotta get a hobby, I think! I try to crochet to keep my hands busy...don't want to get crumbs all over the yarn! I recently saw a Drawing class offered by the local park system...I am going to give it a try...something else to take my mind off of food! :s:

prism...here's an EASY, tasty veggie dish to try, I made this tonight in about 10 minutes...saute an onion or two and 2-3 cloves garlic in olive oil(1 tbsp or less) add one sliced zucchini and one sliced yellow squash, cook about 5 min, add a can of diced tomatoes, heat through. Can serve as is, or, over pasta. I sprinkle about 1 Tbsp low fat mozzarella sheese over the hot veggies, wait for it to melt...:love:

Uh oh...I'm getting the evil eye for being on too long...I guess since it's for homework, I will relinquish the computer!

I'm thankful that I have two solid hours to sleep before work tonight! And I'm thankful that I'm OFF the next two days WITH NO OBLIGATIONS! Let's see waht I can accomplish with all that time!

Have a good night all...

Pumpkinna
01-24-2002, 11:33 PM
Good job everyone. Thats the way to do it - baby steps. I started cutting out all colas, diet and regular, today. Not as hard as I thought it was going to be.

:cool:

I've even created a disk at work that tracks my progress, has a sheet for planning and reporting exercise done and a journal section.

Keep on groovin, groovy chicks!

2cute2Bfat
01-25-2002, 02:30 AM
I just finish treating all my burns. Some are much better already. Others don't look so good. I won't be going out in public for awhile. Not just because I don't want people to see my face ... but I don't want to get any infected either. Sunday I am taking my daughter back to college but by then I should be okay... I hope. Not healed... just not all open blisters. I want to Thank EVERYONE for all of your well wishes. :love:

I did not eat anything off program today ... but I did not eat everything on program either. :^: I did not eat a single serving of veggies or fruit today. For me eating on program is more than just NOT eatting junk. It is nurishing my body. I did get a lot of water in but probably not enough. I need to focus on veggies tomorrow.

Pumpkinna... you are really groovin. ;) It is great when you get out of colas. It makes it so much easier to get your water in and it is cheaper when eating out. :lol: I seldom miss it.

Kat.... I not only told my husband no more frying... I made him bring dinner home tonight too. :p He is going out of town tomorrow and won't be home till Sunday and I will be gone Sun-Mon. So I won't be doing much cooking for the whole weekend.

Luckylady... I had to post... you are my family !!!!! I feel a real commitment to all of you. As far as eatting out... I won't even let them serve fajitas close to me anymore. :lol: Those things come out steaming hot.!!!!

Prism... I can relate to feeling like a klutz doing tapes. I remember when I did Richard and it was a breeze. NOW... it is an accomplishment.!!!! :lol:

Mary... thanks for the hugs. It is nice to know I have a VALENTINE. :smug:

Thin.... hey girl... come back in here. I know you are busy.. but we need your input too.

I am off and running. I love you all. :wave: You guys are awesome!!!

2cute2Bfat
01-25-2002, 02:38 AM
I just saw that one more post and we will go to another page so I am going to go ahead and start a new thread. When one thread gets near 30 posts we always start a new thread... so ....

do not post or reply here, instead go to thread # 125

See everyone there. :D