Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #277

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #277

Jane
11-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Jane
11-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Hello ladies,

Trish - all of my Christmas shopping is done, too. Mainly because we bought tickets to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure for everyone in the family as part of their Christmas.

Jules - love the photos! You are so pretty, as is sweet Teri. The guys look like they're having a blast, lol.

Tammy - yowza, you saved a bundle, chicky. :cp: I thought about getting a Spot Bot, but am afraid it'll leave a clean ring that doesn't match the rest of the carpet. I want to replace my light carpet with either a darker color, or hardwood. Either way, $$$.

Marti - hope you had fun with Jhanai today.

I got some laundry done and not much else. Anyone see the new book about Rhett Butler? It's called Rhett Butler's People and is basically his side of Gone With the Wind, so I bought it. I''m only up to the 3rd or 4th chapter, but so far, I really like it. He was always my favorite character in the GWTW book, anyway. The scoundral, lol.

I have been very careful with food today, to help offset yesterday's high points. Somehow, it's been hard for me to get enough water in, so I'm working on that right now. Glug, glug, glug.

See you tomorrow,

jules1216
11-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Jane--thanks for being sweet. That books sounds neat--don't we love the bad boys.....Hubby & Dave did get along suprisingly well. Ry stayed the night and helped us with leaves today, I hated to take him home...

Well ladies, I am tired!! It's only 8 and I am ready for bed!!

da fat n da furious
11-24-2007, 02:35 AM
Jules,,,ah poor Teri. Bad enough having to do that kind of hrs on Black Friday but be that far along...
Every Sunday Brandon comes for dinner and I feel so blah after he leaves.

Jane,,,oooo Im going to have to find that book. I just finished Gretchen Wilson's bio,,Redneck Woman. Really makes me enjoy her music more.

Not much happening,,,glad its Friday. I haven't gone and got my clothes I have to wear for the fashion show.

Well better get to bed, night all

Jane
11-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Mindee - yay for you, having dinner for everyone. Not sure I could've handled it at your age, lol. My mom always had everyone at here house, and we brought a dish or two. You're a good woman!

Jules - hey, I just call 'em as I see 'em. You and Teri ARE very pretty. And knowing your personality just makes you even more so.

Angie - I read more of it last night before bed, and I really, really like it. Yes, we do like the bad boys, don't we, lol. This is a big book, too, nice and thick to keep me entertained for awhile. Sometime I just hate to see a good book end, don't you? Btw, how far away does Brandon live? When's the fashion show? Wish I could be there!

Hi to everyone else. :wave:

The scales showed a 1 pound gain this morning. :tantrum: I should've got weigh on Thursday AM like you, Marti! I was surprised, but put on my big girl panties & dealt with it, lol. I changed my siggie to reflect my shame. Next week will be better, right?

Today I just have to go get groceries. I didn't want to get in the crowds yesterday, but we're running out of fresh fruit, and milk, etc. So I'll put on my game face and get in there, lol. I don't mind the crowds, but people start to get rude right at holiday time when they should be festive! Darn Scrooges!!

It's cooooold in southern Indiana, so I'm gonna dig out my long johns. After planting THAT visual in your head, I'm outta here! Have a good one! :hug:

pattygirl63
11-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Good Morning Ladies

I weighed this morning and was still up 1 lb from Thanksgiving morning. We didn't go out yesterday, but we are going to Ryan's to eat today. I rather like to eat there as it is easy to stay OP. Going to have steak and salad.''

Jane - Thanks for sharing about the book. I guess we all of us who who remember GWTW loved Rhett Butler. So I'll have to get the book the next time I go to Wal-Mart and read it. My DH was born in Terre Haute, Indiana and his son and his family live in Columbus, IN. He has cousins who still live in IN. You said you live in south IN. Where do you live in relation to Columbus. We were in IN in September to see his son and met his cousins in Bloomington.

My company will be here one more night. Not much sleep since they've been here. Got up this morning and played the "good" grandmother and made eggs and toast for the children. They were so excited that they were getting eggs and toast instead of cereal. Isn't it strange how that some times given a choice children would pick what is good for them. DD's new hubby's little 6 year old boy told us the first day he was here this time "I would love to live here forever. You know why?" His Daddy said "why?" He said, "Because I always get eggs for breakfast when I'm here". Made me feel really good.

Have great day!!!!

Trish

Jane
11-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Trish, I live just south of Vincennes, in the country. About 60 miles south of Terre Haute. Next time you're near, we'll arrange to meet for lunch! Yay for being a good grandma... I think my DGKs would rather live here, than at home, too. Not that I spoil them, or anything! :devil:

jules1216
11-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Trish--huby wanted to go out for Thanksgiving, but the kids wanted me to cook--they won!!

Jane--I have to admit I have a bit of road rage from time to time but why do people get so mean during the holidays???

Angelia--Ry used to come out at least on Sunday a month if not more when he only lived 15 minutes away--he's about 30 minutes away now--Hubby wants to start bringing him out any way. I hate it when they leave, it's so lonely without any kids in the house...

kelton
11-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Just a quick drop in, I'm getting ready to give DGD :hug: a bath & read a book then rock to sleep.
Ok the rocking part is more for me than her.
I just love the feeling of her slowly drifting off to sleep as we rock together in Ma Ma's rocking chair.

I miss everyone & soon will be able to get back to posting more & seeing how everyone is doing. :grouphug:

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family & friends and a lot of bargains on Black Friday ! :turkey::happ3:

Time for bath and splash fun :)

Talk soon !

K :dizzy:

suetalks
11-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Just a quick "hi" ladies to let you know I have been checking on you. :)

I have been busy with family, DD and "baby boy." That has been fun. Tomorrow is family dinner here. I baked a ham and made ham and beans, cole slaw and 2 pies. Just have potatoes, cornbread and some little goodies to fix in the morning. DH requested ham and beans but some DGK's don't like them, so I added lots of other things.
Turkey day was fine, over rather quickly it seemed. I ate fairly well for both lunch and dinner. It was the nibbles that sent me over the top...as usual.
Mom is not doing well so I got her an appt. for Mon. I hope they can get rid of her nausea because she is not eating much and I think she is depressed. I know I am stressed and worried. She also has a kidney scan. I will keep you posted and thank you all for asking and for your concern.

DS bought me a gift subscription to Netflix, so I have shopped for a few movies for my list....way too many to choose from.
Brrrrrr.....very cold here.

tommysgirl18
11-25-2007, 02:17 AM
just popping in to see how every one is doing.....I am down about 2 pounds since I weighed in the other day. So, I am happy about that.....

nothing really new on this end.....just enjoying some time with Tommy and the kids. we put up our Christmas tree on Saturday, so the kids have been enjoying that. Marissa hasn't taken her eyes off it since it has been up. Brandon and Logan keep looking at it and saying "ha ha" (which is their way of saying "ho ho ho" and then they try and touch it)

Sassy_Chick
11-25-2007, 04:14 AM
Hey all, :wave:

I'm still alive. lol.......

Take Care!!

:hug:

jules1216
11-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Sassy--I love your snowy pics--hope you are feeling better soon and back to posting again!!

Mindee--Teri & the boys (Ryan & Dave) are going to put up their tree this week. Somehow Teri left the decorations when she moved out of Marshall's place but has the tree--the boys wanted a live one but she said wait until next year since she will be on Maternity leave for 6 weeks--she's hoping she's only off 4. I did get them a little Norfolk Pine and bought some bulbs to hang on it.

Sue--enjoy your family time--hope your Mom gets feeling better soon!!

Kelton--I cant wait to rock my little Dominick!!

Well..I am going to start digging out the Christmas stuff today...we won't get our tree yet...There is a little church near where we work that has a member that donates trees and then all the profit goes to a missionary couple in South America--we always buy ours there.

Marti
11-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Just a quick :wave: from me today. Last day of vacation...must take advantage and do something!

Chat w/you all later!:hug:

tommysgirl18
11-25-2007, 05:55 PM
just a quick fly by from me for now.....

Jules~ We would get a real tree.....but unfortunately, I am allergic to them. So, we have to have fake ones. Although, I like having the fake ones, they are much easier to take care of!!

jules1216
11-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Hi all...hope everyone is having a great nite!!

Jane
11-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Hiya ladies,

Jules - aww, I like the idea of your tree money going to charity. That's neat.

Kelton - hon, I know just what you mean. There's just not many things more precious than rocking a baby to sleep. It just fills your heart, doesn't it?

Sue - let us know what the doc says tomorrow about your mom, ok?

Mindee - woohoo for the 2 pounds down, especially following a holiday! :cp: Btw, I'm allergic to real C'mas trees, too, but love to smell them.

Sassy - there you are! What's shakin'?

Marti - hope you had fun on your last day of vacation. Went quickly, didn't it??

Angie - how'd the fashion show go?

Hello to Tammy, Trish, Anita, Cristina, and anyone else reading this.

I've had such a relaxing day, and am headed to watch TV with Neal in a bit after a shower. Hope you've all had a good weekend. Talk to you tomorrow. :hug:

Sassy_Chick
11-25-2007, 10:58 PM
Hi Chicks.

Sorry I had posted in another thread, then DH came home and told me all about the game. (He went to a football game, his team, Tennessee Titans came to town and played our hometeam, The Bengals.) He had a good time even though his team lost very badly. 7-35!! He took his dad and they had a good "father and son" day. He is lying down now so he can keep on our night schedule.

I got some sleep and feel so much better. I guess it was all this rain that came in and is still coming in that had me aching last night.

Guess that is about it for me. Not much going on, just finishing up laundry.

:hug:

pattygirl63
11-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Hi Everybody,

Just a quick drop in to say hello. Company left early this morning. DH and I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't sleep. I drank too much coffee with caffeine thias weekend with DD and I was wired. So we got up dressed and went to church Haven't been for a while so we needed to start back. I got relaxed at church and it was all I could do to stay awake. So we came home and I've been relaxing watching Christmas movies on television in between normal phone calls back home to my Dad and sisters. I'll write more tomorrow.

Trish

suetalks
11-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Not sure if I did this right. These pictures are not very good due to my poor camera. I am hoping DD will send me better ones and if so I will update. I will leave these public for a couple days only. :)

Okay...I can't get the link to copy....I will keep trying tomorrow.

tommysgirl18
11-26-2007, 02:02 AM
Well, I did attempt to get pictures of the kids for Christmas card purposes. I will post the link (hopefully it will work) since we took so many shots. So, here it is:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v257/tommysgirl18/Christmas%202007%20pictures/ (you will be asked for a password....type in brandon)

Jules~ It is good to hear from you!

Jane~ Thanks for the nice words. It was nice to see that scale go down, especially after the holiday! Although, since I don't eat that much off the menu on Thanksgiving I was expecting a higher jump then it showed. (I only eat turkey, mashed potatoes with a little bit of gravy, and stuffing.)

Sassy~ One of my best friend's boyfriend's brother plays for the Bengals! They were suppose to go down this weekend to see him.

Trish~ It is good to hear from you! We spent the day watching Christmas movies as well!

Sue~ I tried the link, but it wasn't clickable on my end. Not sure if it was clickable for anyone else. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Neeters
11-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Hey all!

Hope that everyone had a good weekend. I was busy busy. Getting prepared for the whole Christmas onslaught. We have every weekend booked from now until the New year.

I had to get baking done this weekend. I had Joycelyn helping me, but mostly she just wanted to eat the ingredients. LOL. Anyway, her job was to add the chocolate chips and to take "samples" out to her father. Oh and to also sample the finished products too!
I can't say that I was wonderful either, but at least the bulk of it is done and in the freezer. Out of sight out of mind so to speak.

Jane-- Thanks for the wonderful PM. Definitely it is hard to lose weight over the holidays, but I figure if I'm careful then the post holiday weigh in won't be as difficult.

As for my program, I think I'm going to take a page out of Joycelyn's (and every toddler/preschoolers book. Eat when you're hungry, eat till you're full and continue playing. LOL

suetalks
11-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Okay..I did get these loaded this time. Hopefully. :)

I never could get the kodak site to let me link to it. Computer illiterate that I am.

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd72/suetalks/
(http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd72/suetalks/)

Kimber07
11-26-2007, 01:00 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar061/flower05/lb/208/140/207/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

suetalks
11-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Sorry for messing around with these picture links. I told you all I am a computer dunce.

:)

Marti
11-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Sue--You look beautiful! And you have a gorgeous family! Thank you so much for sharing that w/us!

Jules--Great photos of your family too! Everyone looks like they're enjoying themselves. I love it when they're are so many smiles!

Mindee--Adorable photos! Three little elves all snuggled w/mama.

Great photos ladies! Thanks so much for sharing. I feel like I need to do some sharing....I'll have to take some photos soon.

First day back at work. I'm dreading it. Wishing I was just starting my vacation. Wishing I had Christmas Eve off. Wishing that I won the lottery so I can live w/out having to go to work.
***sigh*** snapping back into reality.

Will be walking to tonight and keeping a more strict control over eating again. Last week was good up until Thanksgiving. I just know that scale went up...but that's ok...I'm prepared for it. Will just work extra hard at it. I have goals darn it and I plan to at least reach it half way! :lol: ( I can compromise!)

Anita--Glad to see you again. Making the holidays extra special for our little ones can be a test to our will power. I love making holiday treats. My DD is 13 now, but still loves it when we start baking for Christmas.

Trish--Oh how I wish I was your neighbor so I could borrow a cup of coffee! I had ran out this weekend and was out and about being busy and kept forgetting to buy some! I really needed the caffeine. Today is a different day.....will have my coffee!:D

Jane--I hope you had a great relaxing day. Hubby and I went and did some shopping. Not as much as I would have liked. In fact.....hardly at all! Mostly get ideas for Jhanai. I will be busy as Christmas gets closer!

Sassy--How are you feeling today? Change of weather always makes me feel ick. Hope you feel tons better soon.

Kelton--Awww....such a sweet picture I have in my mind of you rocking DGD. I was at my sisters the other night and I got to play w/my niece and nephew. They were fun to get ready for bed. They're 4 & 2. Loved getting ready for bed when my DD was that little!

Hello to Tammy, Angie, Mary Kate Cristina and who ever else I have missed. :wave:

I really need to keep up around here!

Alright...better bite the bullet and get ready for work.

Have an excellent Monday!

pattygirl63
11-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Hello Ladies,

It is so cold here today. This will be my second winter here in SC and I'm still not used to the cold weather. I guess south FL weather spoiled me more than I realized. Not so SBD today. I am making me a homemade chicken soup with somemixed veggies hoping it will help get me warm. I think I will do better if I just eat when hungry and eat just enough to be satisfied and wam. SBD just cuts out too many things like carrots etc.
Just have to settle on something that will work for me.

I was so tired yesterday that I ate whatever I could get my hands on without cooking much. I am sorry to say that I was not good.

Marti - I would have gladly given you coffee to drink. I am drinking decaf for a few days to get myself back to normal. However, I must say that I do like the caffienated coffee better. Just can't handle it for a while right now. Hope your first day back to work isn't too bad.

Sue & Mindee - Thanks for sharing the pics. It is fun to see who we write to each day. Precious family.

To everybody else - I hope you all have a great day today.

Trish

jules1216
11-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Trish--Inlaws lived in NC and we loved it--the kids would love to settle there eventually

Marti--thanks--Ry keeps us all cracking up!!

Sue--I have computer issues too--I had to email the first batch to people that gave me there emails...Your family is beautiful!!

Kimber--Hi!!

Neeters--sounds like a good program to start!!

Mindee--Marissa is getting so big!! All the kids look like sweeties!!

Sassy--glad hubby had a good day with his dad--we are getting the rain today...

Jane--the trees are really nice too and they are actually a little cheaper than at other lots since one of the members grows and donates them as part of his own giving project

jules1216
11-26-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm home today after going to title and tag and inspect the 2000 Honda Civic hubby got going for us and boy was it a pain. I knew there was going to be a problem Friday when I talked to Allstate and the vin number on the title didn't match a year 2000 car--I went out to the car and sure enough one letter was wrong on the tittle. DMV was closed on Friday so I couldn't do anything then. I went at 8:30 this morning to the WV DMV and pointed out the error and was told that MD would have to straighten it out first and that I may have to actually take the car to the state police barracks and have them fill out some kind of form. SO I drove the 1/2 hour to MD DMV--first they told me that I would have to track down the previous owner that was on the title--(mind you this person gave the title to a tow company so she wouldn't have to pay their bill & I have know idea who she even is)--I thought I was going to cry right then and there. Then the girl talked to her supervisor and they said if I called WV DMV in Charleston and they said they would accept it, MD DMV would type a letter to fix THEIR mistake. I was on the phone with WV DMV on hold and then transferred around 20 minutes before they said yes they would accept it--then I waited another 30-40 minutes for them to give me the filled out form. Then back to WV I went. Since I had the name of the person at the main DMV title office in the capitol of WV they ladies finally gave me my tags and temporaty title after debating whether or not they would send me to the WV state police for the vin verification. I drove 10 minutes home to have hubby put on the tag and take the car to get inspected. I finally made it home at 2:00...I called in and told the girls I wasn't driving the 1/2 hour back to Hagerstown to work 3 hours--I took a vacation day!!

suetalks
11-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks guys...You know I mean ladies. :)

Now do you see what I mean about "baby boy" being a big guy? My girls are 5'2" and 5'8" and I am 5"5". Then there he is at 6'4" or 5". AND we won't go into anyones weight. @*#@* skinny daughters....lol.

I hope the girls have better pics. since they do have better cameras than I do.

Mom had her kidney scan and bone scan today. Next she is to see a gastroenterologist.(??) We got new meds. for the nausea, so we shall see how that goes. She was 119 lbs. after being 133 on 10/10 and 147 in the summer. Not a fun way to lose weight...and especially not to be as thin as she is now. I couldn't even get a pic. of her as she felt bad. And DH was being contrary and wouldn't pose either. Ugh!!

Nothing else from here...DS leaves to go home Wed. He is having a good time. Of course, we are enjoying all the family. Back to the old routine way too soon.

HI to everyone and glad it sounds like a nice turkey day was had by all!!

Jane
11-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Hi ladies,

Angie - what's going on in your life?

Sue - thanks for sharing the pictures! You're a pretty woman, and the kids and grands make a nice family.

Sassy - glad your dh had a good time with his dad. Nuthin' like some male bonding, right?

Trish - there's something to be said for just relaxing and watching movies on Sunday afternoon. Glad you enjoyed it. Mmmm, the soup sounds good!

Mindee - aww, love the pics! You all look so happy.

Anita - I wonder at what point in our lives we lose the control of eating like a kid - stop when you're no longer hungry? I wish I had that back! YW for the PM, sweetie.

Marti - do you have Christmas Day off, too? Hope so! If you win the lottery, remember me, old buddy, old pal. teehee

Jules - yikes, after all that, you NEED a vacation day! :hug: I sure hope tomorrow is a better day for you, Julie. :hug:

Hi to any others reading this. :wave:

I got all the Christmas presents wrapped today - woohoo! Neal brought in all the boxes of decorations, and the tree, so I'll work on that tomorrow.

Food and water has been good. Exercise - not so good! I've been making turkey tacos with the leftovers, lol. Heavy on the tomatoes and lettuce.

Have a good one!

Jane
11-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Anita - forgot to mention - please fill out a bio when you feel comfortable with that, so we'll know more about you. Then we'll add you to the birthday thread, too, ok?

pattygirl63
11-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Jules - what a terrible day you had running around to get the tags for your car. Many years ago my then DH who is deceased now sold an old car I had to a wrecking yard just to get rid of it because it wouldn't run. He had me sign it over to the wrecking yard with the understanding that they were going use it for parts because it would cost more to have it fixed than the car was worth. They must have fixed it any way and sold it because years later I was notified that I needed to pay a ticket that had been written for someone driving the car. We had to write a letter to DMV in Austin,TX informing them that I had not owned the vehicle in 2 or 3 years, who I sold it to etc. Never heard from anyone after that. I'm glad you finally got your tags; I know you are.

Trish

sz2atheart
11-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Good Evening Ladies!!

I'm on vacation this week and have spend the last 3 days decorating. Got the tree up today, all the outside lights are finished and I'm about 3/4 finished with shopping. I'm heading to NYC on Wednesday with some girls from work for an overnite trip to shop, celebrate my birthday and hopefully see Grease if the broadway strike ends. We are staying at a hotel on Times Square! Needless to say, dieting will not be a priority!! My goal is to not gain over the holiday and to just maintain my current weight. I'll get more serious after the NY with a billion others who vow to lose weight as a NY resolution!! I'll fill you in on my trip to the Big Apple when I return!!

tommysgirl18
11-27-2007, 04:10 AM
Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Nothing new on this end…..just trying to get through my email like usual! We did get some snow on Monday night. Leave it to my little Indians and their snow dancing! Although, we were due for some snow anyways, but they like the think that they caused it!

Anita~ You sound like us! Generally we have every weekend after Thanksgiving booked. But this year we have a couple breather weekends as my hubby calls them. Although, we do have to come up with a date for the get together with the aunts/uncles who are godparents. I love your attitude about the toddler book. For some reason, and maybe it is because I had two boys first, but they have the opposite thinking! They want to eat all the time! (which generally makes us look poor because they don’t let anything stay in the fridge long enough!)

Sue~ Those are great pictures! I am hoping that the doctors will have some answers about your mom.

Marti~ Thanks for the nice comments! A cousin of Tommy’s has offered to be on the receiving end of the kids’ letters to “Santa” so we are going to write them out on Tuesday while daddy has to work and goes to lodge. Brandon was so excited that he got to talk to “Santa” on the phone…..he was too excited that it took forever to get him down off his Santa high to get him to bed!

Trish~ Thanks for the nice comments about the pictures. It is really nice to be able to put a face to a name.

Jules~ They all look like sweeties in pictures! LOL In person, that is another story depending on the time of day! LOL I can’t believe just how big they are getting! It just almost makes me want to have another one………but then again maybe not!

Jane~ It is good to hear from you! Yeah, just before each of the pictures with me in it, I was fighting with Logan to sit down! Then when I told him that we were all done with the pictures he got mad yet again because he wasn’t ready to be done!

Tammy~ It is good to hear from you! Have fun on your trip! I hope you are able to see Grease! I love that movie!

Jane
11-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Good morning to all you beautiful ladies,

Trish - yikes, what a mess! Neal got a notification that he failed to pay a ticket in Miami, Florida, and the license number listed was for his trailer that he hauls junk in, lol. We called and explained he wasn't even in Florida, and they had us send a copy of his registration. That's the last we heard, and we hope it's off his record, lol. Somebody had written a number down wrong.

Tammy - oh, cool! I wanna go to NY, too!!!! You girls will have an absolute blast. The hotel location is great - did you have to promise your first born to get it?? Have a great time, and tell us all about it and post pictures when you get back.

Mindee - ah, so I have to do an Indian dance to get snow, huh? I'll get right on that, lol, since I want snow so badly!!! Ever since I was a kid I love to make snow angels in the snow. The DGDs get a big kick out of doing that with me now.

Today I'm hoping to get the indoor Christmas decorations up. First, I have to dust and clean the living room, and then move some furniture around. I'll put in a Christmas CD, and have at it.

Tomorrow I have to have my 2 week check up after the D & C in Evansville, and then classes at the church, so I may not make it in.

What are your plans for the day?

Marti
11-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Mornin' Ladies :wave:

I'm still on the vacation sleep routine so I need to make this one a quick one.

Walked my butt off last night...listened to Christmas Music half way through. I probably looked kind of silly walking w/this HUGE grin on my face the whole time! :lol:

Started TOM yesterday....should make for a REALLY good WI on Friday...:rolleyes:

I really need to get started and get the hubby up...he has to meet up a friend in an hour!

I'll catch w/you gals tonight!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

pattygirl63
11-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Good Evening Ladies,

I am in a better mood today... was ready for Day 1 of Phase 1 of SBD. I've had a good day OP. Decided to have the attitude of "One Day at a Time". I've got to stop thinking in terms of how long it is going to take to do this and "just do it".

Tammy - Have fun in NYC. DH wants to take me there some day. Maybe next year. So many places I want to see now that I live in SC. I'm originally from TX.

Jane - I always enjoyed decorating for Christmas. No one but DH and me this year so not doing it. We have the cutest little fiberoptic (sp) tree we usually sit on our coffee table that has huge fake fruit on it. A few years ago the lights went out on it. I wouldn't throw it out. We bought some little colored lights that blinks in different sequences and I put them on the tree. I got it out today and put it on an end table so the 2 of us can enjoy it. I would like to put something outside, but haven't done it yet. I have a couple of ideas, but DH isn't interested yet.

Mindee - I can just see your little ones doing the Indian "rain/snow?" dance. I think that is so sweet that they think they caused it to snow. Kids are so sweet and cute.

Marti - I know it is not easy to get back on a good work schedule after a vacation one. Hope your day went well.

I need to get myself on a better schedule. Since DH and I are on SS, we don't have to be up at a certain time. So the bedtime is very late which makes getting up very late. Oh well.

Talk to y'all tomorrow.

Hugs to all of you!!!
Trish

suetalks
11-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi ladies...I know I am boring you with the photos...but I did add a few more today. Mom felt good so we went to eat and got her pic and mine. They told me to lean in so I did, but I look like I had eaten a lemon..... Really was having a good time..LOL Also got one of DH, finally. Added my little grandson as Jack Sparrow. haha

DS leaves in the morning and I am not happy about that. But, on a good note, he is talking more about moving home after school instead of staying out West. He didn't realize how much he missed family and friends I guess. I know we miss him when he is gone.

As I said Mom is having a super good day after a good one yesterday also. Got her new meds. but she hasn't even started those yet. *fingers crossed* that something works. She had fun today and so did we.

I got in a short walk when it was 29* this a.m. then another when it was 49* this afternoon. Yikes...I froze and didn't even make a mile. But, once again I am getting into a better frame of mind. Maybe it will all come together....AGAIN. I have been building a few menus that I used before and can stick to. DS is talking about changing a lot of his habits when he gets home also...we have a little unofficial competition going on. So...who knows.

Thank you all for the kind words about my family and the concern over Mom. It helps to know I can talk about some things other than weight losses here. Like everyone, I go through times where losing is the least thing on my mind. But it is still good to know you are all here. THANKS!

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd72/suetalks/

jules1216
11-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Quick hi--going to bed!!

pattygirl63
11-28-2007, 12:54 AM
Just checking in to say that I not only stayed OP today, but started the Tai Chi. It will be good when I get used to it. Just doing it as long as I can and then stop hoping to do a little more each day until I get used to it. I recently read that it is good for circulation and also good for the knees and joints. I read it is especially good for people with arthritis. I guess that is why it is mostly older women like me and older on the dvd.

Sue enjoyed the pics. Your Mom looks so sweet. I hope she gets to feeling better more and more each day.

Signing off for tonight.

Trish

tommysgirl18
11-28-2007, 03:49 AM
hello ladies....how is every one doing?

nothing new on this end.....took forever to get Brandon to sleep tonight. I am really thinking about avoiding his afternoon naps for a couple of days to see how it goes. he used to go without it, then he got sick this last time and was sleeping all the time. now I think it would be easier to get him to bed without them. he did however stress to me that he needs a night light in his room now. I laid him down in his room with the door open, he kept getting up so I closed the door. as soon as the door would close, he would cry and get out of bed to turn the light on. so I put a night light in their room, and haven't heard a peep out of either one. and by either one, yes I mean both him and Logan....he woke him up in all his charades he was playing.

Jane~ Yup....just stand on up, do your dance and you should get something! Brandon did his snow dance six times in one day last winter and we got about 2 feet of snow! (and it wasn't done snowing at that point!)

Marti~ I love Christmas music! I am all for putting up our decorations the day after Thanksgiving....a tradition Tommy's family started with him. Speaking of which.....I have my myspace page brought up and I am listening to the music player on it.....Santa Baby just came on.

Trish~ Like I mentioned to Jane, the boys love when they do their dances and something comes out of it! They are goofy about things sometimes....they will do their dances and then run to the windows to look out for a result.

Sue~ Those are some great pictures! Sometimes all it takes is a visit home to realize how much you miss people/friends and what not.

jules~ how are you doing?

Jane
11-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Hiya ladies,

Marti - hopefully your TOM won't make a difference by Friday. Frustrating, though, I know. Glad my TOM days are long gone, lol.

Trish - aww, your little tree sounds cute. My DH is retired, too, and I could sleep late, but can't. Too many years of waking early, I guess. Plus, my DGDs pop in to kiss me goodbye before they get on the school bus. Mary, my DD, live about 100 feet away with her family. YAY for you, staying OP, and doing the Tai-Chi. You should be proud of yourself!

Sue - you're gonna freeze your patooty off walking in the low temps! Thanks for sharing more photos. I especially like the ones of you and your mom, and the Pirate, lol. Yes, we're more than just weight loss here. Remember the Jaded Lady motto: What you weigh is not who you are. We know there are all sorts of other aspects to a person's life, right?

Mindee - if I thought it would work, I'd really do a snow dance, lol. You know how much I love snow!

Jules - hi Jules, buy Jules, lol.

Angie and Mary Kate - how're you doing?

I had my gyno appointment in Evansville today. Everything checked out ok. I asked what the "nodule" on my lung is, and she said old scar tissue, probably from smoking. Thank goodness I quit 10 (11?) years ago.

We got all the Christmas decorations up, and boy, am I glad it's done! My Christmas shopping is all done, too, so now I'll concentrate on the Christmas menu.

Later,

FrouFrou
11-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Just a quick Hi to everyone :wave:

TAMMY...have a safe, fun trip. And I hope you get to see Grease!

SUE...GREAT pictures, thanks for sharing!

TRISH...WTG on staying OP and starting the Tai Chi!

Hi Jane, Marti, Jules, Mindee and Mary Kate!

Have a good day!

jules1216
11-28-2007, 08:50 PM
OK I hope this works--here is pics of my office:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=msegrlr.63ew2cv&Uy=-piea37&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0

jules1216
11-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Trish--hows the tai chi going?

Mindee--glad the night light worked!!

Jane--my step mother quit smoking years ago after having parts of both lungs removed, she was doing good, but she started smoking again....what is she thinking!!

Cristina--Hi to you!!

And hi to everyone else, hubby had to fix a belt that broke so we got home late do I just wanted to stop by and say a quick hi!!

FrouFrou
11-28-2007, 10:59 PM
JULES...the pictures are so pretty! I love all the snow people! You guys did a great job with the decorating for sure. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

tommysgirl18
11-29-2007, 04:20 AM
hello ladies.....how are you all doing?

I was watching Oprah, and she had Bob Greene on there. They made an announcement that starting in January that they are kicking off a 1 million home viewer weight loss challenge, so I went on over and signed myself up! I can't wait for it! I signed the Contract with Myself already......so I am really excited about it now!

Jules~ Those are great pics!

Jane
11-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Happy Thursday, ladies, :D

Cristina - there you are! Good to see you. :yes:

Jules - oh wow, the photos are great! Your office looks like a festive place to work. My friend Kathy quit for over a year, then started back up for a couple of years, and now has quit again for about 5 years. Her DD is a nurse, and gave her 10 kinds of **** when she restarted, lol. I'm not so sure that losing weight isn't worse. At least with the ciggies, I could just not ever have any in the house. Ya gotta have food, you know?

Mindee - I'll check out the Oprah website and see what I missed. I really like Bob Greene.

Hello all others. :wave:

Today I'm getting my hair trimmed and colored. Not a moment too soon, let me tell you! I need to get my menus and grocery list ready before I go, so I can shop for groceries while I'm in town.

What are you doing today?

Marti
11-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Good Morning Ladies!

Haven't been sleeping very well lately so I'm tired a lot. Not sure why I'm not getting my sleep that I'm wanting! But I have been staying OP and getting my walks in. Must to that. I'm hoping that by the weekend, I'll sleep a deep sleep.....

I'm a bit behind on indi's but I will catch up soon. But I did want to mention that I love all these photos that are being shared!! Sue: Your mother looks just like my great grandma! Give her a great big hug for me ok!

Ok I need to get some kind of ab work out in. Kind of slacked on the morning exercises since I haven't been getting up early enough! Time to change that.

Have a great Thursday ladies!

Jane
11-29-2007, 12:57 PM
See you at #278.:wave: