LA Weight Loss - New Year's Day 2008 Challenge!

View Full Version : New Year's Day 2008 Challenge!

bradleys mom
11-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Here ya go! I guess I'll shoot for 7 lbs! I have been stuck at 240 since Halloween! It's time to get focused!

cecil
11-23-2007, 06:00 PM
I will shoot for 10 lbs. Wow! I know we can do this Kim! We are strong! Ha ha!

Catway8
11-23-2007, 06:04 PM
I will join and my goal will be 10 pounds. Good luck everyone!!!!

EmilyLashea
11-23-2007, 06:16 PM
I'll go for 9 pounds.. that will put me at 170.. Good Luck Girlies! =)

tj north
11-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Alright, I will publicly and irrevocably commit to aiming for a 7 lb loss by New Years. :yikes:

KSingleton
11-23-2007, 08:12 PM
I didn't meet my Thanksgiving Day Goal but I would love to make a New Years Goal and exceed it!! So my goal is 5lbs. I know that is extremely low, but since I've been stuck a while it seems like a hard goal!!

JLem311
11-23-2007, 09:19 PM
i'm in for 6lbs.

Tuesday Cool
11-23-2007, 09:26 PM
My goal for New Years is 5#. I am leaving for Hawaii on December 22 and will be back on the 30th. I doubt any weight loss would occur while traveling in paradise. 5#s is enough for me. Especially with the pressures of the holidays. My goal is to fit a size 14 swimsuit for the trip. Aloha! :sunny:

jean2299
11-23-2007, 11:16 PM
My goal is 163. That will bring me past the half way point to my weight loss goals. Won't it be great to have already made so much progress when everyone around us will be just starting their weight loss efforts?

Pastrey
11-23-2007, 11:20 PM
My goal is to break out of this plateau and drop below 194 lbs. I weighed in tonight at 196.8...so I guess my goal would be 2 to 3 lbs. :)

IKIF
11-24-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm going to commit to 10 pounds! I really want to be at my goal weight by the 28th but I know it will be impossible so I'll just shoot to 10lbs :D

Ternoway
11-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Ok, so this is the first challenge I've taken part in and I'm a little nervous because it's over the holiday season. So, I'm going to aim for 5 lbs just because I know that there are so many challenges coming up in the next month and want to be realistic. If I lose more then Happy New Year to me!

EmilyLashea
11-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Tues you lucky dog.. going to hawaii! I love it there.. I would like to go in the winter time, the waterfalls are so much fuller in the winter!

cecil
11-24-2007, 01:27 PM
I am glad we have this Challenge it will make me more accountable. I went and WI again today just because I had time. So I am down .2 so I have now losta total of 10 lbs. Whoo whoo! So hopefully by the end of Dec I am at 185. That is my goal. I just hope I don't lose focus. Anyway just wanted to say good luck to everyone. So I started this challeage at 195.4 and I am down .2 from there. Good start for 1 day! He he!
Oh yeah and by the way Jean I want to go to Hawaii too! I am jealous!

Desiree Brown
11-24-2007, 03:22 PM
I am commiting to a 10 pound weight loss by New Years... 2 pounds a week should put me somewhere around 170-171... good luck everyone!!!

equinetcan
11-24-2007, 05:43 PM
I am in for 10 lbs. ;)

equinetcan
11-24-2007, 05:46 PM
I am in for 10 lbs ;)

equinetcan
11-24-2007, 05:47 PM
whoops! posted twice!!

MomOfThreeTeens
11-24-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm on Maintenance so I'm not joining your challenge just wanted to offer a word of encouragement to all of you!!! Last year between Thanksgiving and New Years I lost 10 pounds! I came back to work after our school 2 week break and one of the teachers said, "YOU are the only person I know who looks slimmer AFTER the holidays!" Its a great feeling, you dont have to be deprived, just make good choices and enjoy!!! Good luck everybody!!

Kim0303
11-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Kim. WOW, took lots of good choices!

I am shooting for 8 pounds. I want to be at 179. Tired of the 180s!

Thanks Kimberly for starting the thread!

NYCAggie
11-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Congrats on your weight loss so far. I joined LAWL in July and have lost 35 lbs. I have had a Thanksgiving set back though...cheated and feel SO guilty. any suggestions?
NYCAggie

nighthawk
11-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Count me in for 10.4 lbs that will put me into the 180's (barely:D)
Good luck everyone
Cheers!
:xcheer:
Lori

Pastrey
11-25-2007, 12:55 AM
NYCAggie - we are human and we will from time to time overindulge or indulge in something we shouldn't. When you fall off that wagon, the best thing to do is to pick yourself up and brush yourself off and get back on again. Don't let it get you down and do not beat yourself up about it :)

shshshhh
11-25-2007, 03:16 AM
OK, I am in too.
I am shooting for 10 pounds. Fell short on the Thanksgiving Challenge by 1.5 pounds. Darn that stuffing and pear pie.

EmilyLashea
11-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Anyone in for a TO tomorrow and Tuesday? :)

Tuesday Cool
11-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I am planning to TO for the next two days. I bought some fresh veggies and precooked some protein choices. I have been ok on food this week but very high in salt! and possibly a little too much alcohol. My DBL and picks great merlots and I do love a good merlot! :cheers:

bradleys mom
11-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Emily, I am in for TO! I need it! My counselors at COD kinda let me loose for Thanksgiving, and well they gave an inch and I took a mile! I was really off plan. I will be doing mine Tuesday and Wednesday as I already cooked and packed my food for tomorrow ( I have to work all day then go to school). But I have pledged to my husband that I will stay POP til Christmas! (Well afterwards too, but definitely til then) I have set my goal for 2008 at 7lbs, but I am really hoping for 10lbs by Christmas. I am stepping up the workouts and POPness. I bought that walking dvd workout set today that comes with 2 2lb weights, but dh wont let me have it til Christmas! :( I have to work 4 days this week, and with work usually comes being POP as I usually take my lunch to walk a mile at the park, and we have no vending machines so I can only eat what I bring!

Oh and BTW my starting weight for this challenge right now is kinda being guessed as I havent WI since the 17th! I may go ahead and WI in the morning so I can see at my next WI on Sat what a POP week can do for me!

Hope everyone has a great week! :carrot: Let's motivate and help each other stay focused during this challenge like we never have before!

Oh and Amy Louuu where are youuu???

bayoubelle68
11-25-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm in for 10! I really need a challenge like this one to motivate me during the holidays!!

smjezzy
11-26-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm in. The only problem is I'm much better lately at gaining than I am at losing so I'm just going to jump in for 7 lbs. If I lose more I'll be a very happy camper.

EmilyLashea
11-26-2007, 11:48 AM
We Can do this!! :cheer2: & here goes on the TO.. how many of us are there.. 3..4? POP, POP, POP!!! :cheer:

bradleys mom
11-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Well I went to WI thismorning and I was up 2.8! Ouch!! SO I will change my ticker so I guess I am shooting for 8.8 lbs now instead of 7!! WOW! TO here I come!!

Katy66
11-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Okay I'm in the New Year's Challenge for 6 lbs.........I'd love to see onederland by Christmas but starting the new year that way would be just as good.

Good luck ladies!

NaomiZ
11-26-2007, 12:34 PM
I hope to be at my goal weight by Christmas, but I will go with my last 4 pounds for this challenge.

chiquita623
11-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Good Morning Ladies. I'm in for the New Year's Day Challenge. I'm still at 171 so my goal will be my goal of 160ish. The COD said I run out of WL weeks in 3 weeks and then will go on maintenance but am still hoping to continue losing when that happens. Anyway, hope everyone had a great holiday and is ready to get down to business and meet our goals!! As for TO, I'm doing it tomorrow and Wednesday.

EmilyLashea
11-26-2007, 02:29 PM
I was planning on doing TO today and tomorrow but since I'm here, at work, and my TO is in the fridge at home, I guess I will be doing it tomorrow along with Kimberly R and Laurie :) That will work out better anyway because those 2 days will be crazy busy and I really won't have time to get in everything I need for a normal day. But.. I WILL be POP today! :hungry:

chiquita623
11-26-2007, 02:34 PM
We can do this Emily. I'm glad to know someone else is doing TO with me.

EmilyLashea
11-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Yep.. the 2 of us and Kimberly R :) Anyone else in?

bradleys mom
11-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Emily, you sound like your having my day! I left all but 1 of my starches at home and I am craving them so bad! lol

My BFF and I have decided that until christmas we are weighing in together on Wednesdays and Saturdays and we are calling each other every evening to make sure we are staying on plan and working out at least 3 times per week for 20 - 45 minutes. Its going to be nice. She has lost 50lbs with LAWL since January, but she has had a lot of sickness and had surgery in June. So she is trying to get out of the 200's and I am trying to get to 230! We have decided to shoot for 10 lbs! I am excited! :)

chiquita623
11-26-2007, 06:10 PM
OK Kimberly and Emily - it's almost time for me to go home (feels like it's been a long day) and I'm going to mix up my juice so I can bring it with me to work tomorrow and Wednesday. We can do this and stay POP while doing it. We just have to believe in ourselves. I'll check in with you both tomorrow and see how it's going. Have a good night.

EmilyLashea
11-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Laurie & Kimberly- We can do it :)

Kimberly- it seems like I am just trudging along today. I am so ready to go home! This is definately a Monday!!! You're lucky, I would love have someone to work out with! I don't ever do it because I hate to go walking and things by myself...

cecil
11-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi Ladies! Happy Monday! Hope everyones TO goes well. My COD mentioned me doing it again but I really am strapped for cash plus I am losing steadily so I really don't see a reason why. Tomorrow is my 4 week weigh in and measuring. Wish me luck!

Catway8
11-26-2007, 10:51 PM
I am doing TO I started this morning and again tomorrow. I have had a good day with eating. And I have my food for tomorrow ready to go. I go WI on wednesday. Good luck with TO tomorrow for you that are doing it. Good night.

bradleys mom
11-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Ok, so I will admit it... I am plain lazy! After working from 8 - 5:30 yesterday them going to school from 6-9 last night I was too lazy to cook my protein and prepare TO for today. So I pakced all the non-cookable, but OP foods for today! Perhaps I will just focus on being OP for now... lol If I dont show a loss by Saturday I will do TO next week! Sorry girls, lol

smjezzy
11-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Getting back on plan sure helps. 2 lbs down, 5 to go! If I hit my 7 lb before New Years I'm upping the stakes to get below 212 which has been my lowest weight to date.

chiquita623
11-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Started TO today. So far so good but the day is still young!! I hear you Kimberly about not getting your food ready. I did that on Monday - that's why I started today. Initially I was going to do this Mon and Tues. Oh well, a minor bump. If we can just stay OP until Christmas we should all see some movement in the evil scale. At least that's my story.

EmilyLashea
11-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Well Ladies, TO has started.. I am not too terribly hungry as of yet, but like Laurie said, the day is still young. I am incredibly busy today though, so that should keep me pretty occupied...

nighthawk
11-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Greetings All,
Weighed in today with a loss of .6 pounnds it seems so little after the big weightloss of the first few weeks. I also have to keep reminding myself that I am weighing in every 2 or 3 days and to look at the big picture. I'm getting a little sloppy with measuring so I am going to work on that.
Happy day everyone
Cheers! :xcheer:
Lori

shshshhh
11-27-2007, 09:50 PM
WAHOO, did a FF (Can't do the TO because I can't have soy/Lunas/Lites) and WI today I lost 2.4 towards my goal of 10 by January 1st. Could it be that I will make this challenge?????

I am totally psyched.

Does anyone know, since I can't do the TO every two weeks, can I do the FF instead? I would love to keep the furnace burning.

Thanks
Roberta:cb:

EmilyLashea
11-27-2007, 11:58 PM
day 1 of TO = Complete :cheer2:

jean2299
11-28-2007, 12:17 AM
I don't do the lites either and they told me I could only do the FF every 6 weeks - it's possible every center is different, though

shshshhh
11-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Thanks, Jean. I didn't ask at my COD because they turned me down last time I asked adn said I could only do a TO every two weeks and a FF at the beginning of the program. Since I can't do a TO at all, they said I would have to stick with my regular program and as an option I could do a Plateau Buster if I wanted.

Roberta

Pastrey
11-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Roberta, my COD lets me do FF every two weeks. I can't do the juice and I don't do lites, so they allow me to do FF instead of TO. I was just told I can't do it every weekend...:(

chiquita623
11-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Emily - day 1 of TO went great for me. Wasn't hungry at all so that was a good thing. Starting day 2 and so far so good. Glad it went well for you too. We can do this!!

smjezzy
11-28-2007, 12:07 PM
One more pound down. I know I shouldn't weigh every day but I'm obsessed.

I have added my walking back into the mix. When I first started LAWL in March I lost very quickly until I stalled in May. I realized in talking to a trainer that in addition to starting LAWL we had a fitness challenge at work and I was walking 20 minutes 3x a day and going to water aerobics twice a week. The walking stopped in May because the challenge stopped and it's Texas and gets HOT early. I never actually put 2 and 2 together but if the last couple of days are any indication the walking is a MAJOR factor in losing weight for me. (I did continue the water aerobics until August but my weight loss stopped in May so the walking seems the be what sparks my metabolism.)

Whatever it is I hope it keeps up. I'm not holding my breath until I get below 216 and continue to lose. That seems to be the magic "stop and gain now" point for me. Crossing my fingers!

nighthawk
11-28-2007, 12:41 PM
A couple of people have mentioned doing FF instead of TO and I was wondering what FF is.

smjezzy
11-28-2007, 12:54 PM
You can find all that info in the newbie thread

bradleys mom
11-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Okay... AMYLOUUU!!! Come baaaack! I know you wanna do this challenge with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I weighed in again today so me and my BFF could get a starting weight for our Christmas goal, and I am already down 2.0 since Monday!! WOW!! I have been working out like crazy, oh and of course POP...

smjezzy
11-28-2007, 01:28 PM
WTG Kimberly! Keep it up! :high:

cecil
11-28-2007, 02:34 PM
Kimberly that is awesome I wish I had your motivation! I have not yet started to excersise. I just feel like I don't have time. But I know I need to make time. That is awesome 2 lbs in two days! Great job! Keep it up!

EmilyLashea
11-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Congrats losers! :P

I'm on day 2 of TO.. So far so good. I was running laaate this morning so I had no time to even think about food.. which is good :)

Tuesday Cool
11-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Had WI this evening. Miracles do happen, down 2#! One more and say good buy to 180s! This I can do. My COD seems to have run out of employees. Every time I go in there is the same overworked chunky (yeah chunky) woman. I have not had to sit down and discuss my menus or get the hard sell in weeks. I do not need her help I have you all.
After TO the last two days I feel very full today. In fact I have one more starch and a lite to go and I am not sure I have room. :cb:
I have been walking and doing my yoga class I feel great! T

chiquita623
11-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Day 2 of TO went well for me. I go to the COD tomorrow so we'll see if it did any good. Even if I didn't lose it will help to keep me focused and really, that's what I needed badly!! So now I'm refocused and ready to kick some serious butt and make my goal!!!

smjezzy
11-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Morning ladies! Hope everyone survived their TOs. I didn't lose anything yesterday but I'm sure it will pick up again. Hope everyone has a POP weekend.

shshshhh
11-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Roberta, my COD lets me do FF every two weeks. I can't do the juice and I don't do lites, so they allow me to do FF instead of TO. I was just told I can't do it every weekend...:(

Sorry - just realized that I addressed this post to "Patsy" instead of Pastrey and can't change the heading of the post. I was so excited to read your post I typed too fast. LOL

I have been buying the Knudsen's Juice and adding the FiberSure when I do the FF. I will take your COD's advice and do it every two weeks. It really helps me take the edge off any cravings beause of all the holiday goodies that seem to be EVERYWHERE. :)

Thanks
Roberta

cecil
11-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Hi guys!
Glad you feel great Tuesday!
Lauire doesn't it feel good to be on top and in control of what your eating! Congrats!
WI today down .2 ugh. I guess I shouldn't be dissapointed but I want to lose faster ya know? Anyway. I guess I am down and that is good at least I am not gaining. I really hope I can reach my goal of 10 lbs by the Jan 1st.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Cecilia

chiquita623
11-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Cecil - you're right. It's amazing but I really do feel much better when I'm more careful and observant about what I eat. Funny how I never noticed how cruddy I felt when I was eating crap all the time. But now that I don't eat it or even just eat something not quite OP I can really tell. Just think I went month and months, possibly years, of feeling crappy when I could have been feeling great like I do now. And it's all due to paying attention to me and my body. Guess you could call this my "lightbulb moment".

cecil
11-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Laurie, when did you start LA? Just wondering because we started at the same weight. Just curious how long it took you? What is your secret?

chiquita623
11-29-2007, 04:33 PM
I started May 25, 2007. I really haven't done anything special other than stay on plan most of the time. I admit there have been times when that's been the furthest thing from my mind. I love McRibs from McDonalds and they have them here right now. Boy is it ever tempting to swing by there when I'm out Christmas shopping!!!

donnakd
11-29-2007, 10:00 PM
I want to join in :)

Going to make my biggest goal to stay on plan, weight loss goal of 5 lbs, walking goal of 5 miles a week. Don't have time to update all my stats and counters right now--will try to get it done by the first of next week.

And I plan to do TO next Monday/Tuesday, is there anyone who will be able to do it with me?? I noticed alot doing it this past M/T.

Will check in tomorrow!! Reading ya'll's posts sure did encourage me! Thanks!!!!!!!:D

whatazoo
11-29-2007, 10:13 PM
I think I am going to join in. I finally hit my Thanksgiving goal today - well close enough. I am going to say I'm in for 7 pounds.

Tuesday Cool
11-30-2007, 01:31 AM
Laurie, You made a great observation concerning how we feel crappy when we eat junk. We are what we eat and it does show in our personalities and physical well being. I hate to think that I might have become a breakfast sandwich! But I had for a while.
The same feeling happened to me years ago when I finally quit smoking for good. I had spent so much time sick, swollen tonsils, sore throat, coughing, my skin looked like crud, but I did not even realize how horrid I had become until a year later when I realized how great I felt.
Not too unlike coming off TO. I hate the restrictions of the Plan but TO make the Plan seem so liberal!

Pastrey
11-30-2007, 08:44 AM
Roberta - it is okay, my name is actually Patsy :) Pastrey was a nickname I got in high school because some of my friends couldn't spell my name correctly. It started off as Pasty...but they thought Pastrey sounded much nicer *lol*

I actually love fast forward. Only time I feel really good while on LAWL. I am normally forcing myself to eat. I find it to be a lot of food. Even though we are allowed unlimited protein and veggies, I tend to stick with eating the same amounts I normally do. I just really love the no starch those two days :)

bradleys mom
11-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Hi gals! Had an awesome weigh in this morning. Down another 1.8 for a total loss of 3.6 this week. I am now 240.2, I was really shooting for 239, but I'll take what I can get this week!

emmysmom
11-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Patsy - You love no starches? I'll trade you my veggies for your starches :)

emmysmom
11-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah Kimberly!! :carrot: You'll be in the 30's in no time!

whatazoo
11-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Wow Kimberly, I want those kind of losses!!! Maybe you don't need to do a TO next week (I have that right don't I?)...

And Emily, just noticed your new pic. Very nice!!

I don't weigh in again until Monday, so we'll see how the weekend treats me. Good luck to all the losers!

EmilyLashea
11-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks Stephanie!! :D

I am going to weigh in tonight and hopefully it will show some progress from my TO..

emmysmom
11-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Love your new haircut, Emily!

bradleys mom
11-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Aww Emily your hair cut looks great! I need to get my hair cut so bad!

cecil
11-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Last night at work one of the guys I have worked with for the past two years sent me an email saying "Hey are you still on that weight loss program? You are looking pretty good!!" It definately made me feel good that someone noticed. Exciting! Now 40 more to go! Ha ha! I am not going to weigh in until Tuesday or maybe Monday normally I do Tuesday, Thursday, Sat but I don't work this sat so I don't want to drive across town just to weigh in. Ya know? Anyway I hope everyone has a great weekend! I have a birthday thing to go to and I still haven't decided if I am going to break my sobriety or not? I guess we will see how I feel. I really haven't been wanting to but once I get out that changes. Have a great weekend!

IKIF
12-01-2007, 12:58 PM
HI girls! after my TO days and 1 day of POP I went to my WI yesterday and guess what!? 3 pounds off!!! WOOOOO

EmilyLashea
12-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Well Ladies.. I went and weighed in this morning.. After my TO I was still only down 1 pound! :tantrum:

I did get to move down a plan today though, FINALLY! Plan 3 was keeping me from being POP because I just could NOT get all that food in. So, I'm really excited about starting plan 2 :D

I also asked to be measured today, and am down 7 1/2 more inches :carrot: That makes about 22 in all since the start :)

So, despite the crappy 1 pound loss I am feeling really good about my visit today :spin:

michie
12-02-2007, 12:11 AM
I have never done anything like this before! I am new to weight loss and trying to find out more.. in my attempt I found all of you! I have read through all of the posts and this feels like such a family!

So family, i would like to lose 7 pounds by the new year. That is my goal! Let's see how it goes.

And by the way, this board has been so helpful to me! I will not be suckered by my COD now that I have all of this info! THANK YOU!

dolphn545
12-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Well, count me in for the New Years challenge. I would like to be down 10#.
:goodluck: to everyone!

Ternoway
12-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Finally, I'm down a pound! Four more to go before the new year. They've just switched me from plan #3 to plan #2 so with any luck I'll meet that goal and then some before new years. It really depends on how I do with all the Christmas parties that are coming up in the next few weeks!

EmilyLashea
12-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Ternoway- They just moved me from 3 to 2 yesterday! I too am hoping to see a big improvement :)

Ternoway
12-02-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm hoping the same thing, I've been stuck for a couple of weeks and finally convinced my COD that I was close enough to the next weight range to switch. I thought about doing TO as well but think I will save that for after all of the festive "cheers" catch up to me!

Killjoy
12-02-2007, 10:44 PM
You ladies mind if I join you?

I've lost 18 pounds since the end of October and would like to lose another 15 pounds by New Years. Things are going well so far and I'd like to see them continue that way.

Good luck to everyone in meeting their goals.

KJ

bradleys mom
12-02-2007, 11:13 PM
KJ welcome! We are here for support, so if you feel like your motivation is slipping away just come on here and we will help each other regain it! :) I hopr you have fun with us! Looks like you could definately hit 15 lbs if you keep going the way you have been! Congrats on almost 20 lbs gone!

Killjoy
12-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Thanks Kimberly.

I haven't had much trouble so far sticking to the program. I've just decided that I'm tired of being fat and have to do something about it. I've spent the last 40+ years of eating whatever I wanted and it hasn't turned out well. :(

I started LAWL October 28th and joined the gym a week later. Who would've known, I actually *like* going to the gym everyday. I try to go everyday and when I can't I miss it. Unbelievable... :)

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Take care.

KJ

Switzie6
12-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Hi everyone! I would love to join in with a New Years Goal. I was thinking 8 lbs, which I think is a challenge considering the time of year and that it's my birthday on Dec. 23rd. Hopefully this will help me with all the temptations coming up. Good luck to everyone!
Now I'll go add a ticker for the new goal :)

bradleys mom
12-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Welcome, Switzie! Your cat looks just like my Cleopatra! :) Our stats are very close (except you got 2 inches on me in height!) If you need anything were here for ya! Good Luck!

Heather115
12-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Okay, ladies! I'm in! I've been gone for awhile (from 3FC, not LAWL) and find I need to hear what ya'll have to say to stay motivated. I've been such a slacker since about mid-October. I keeping losing and gaining the same 2-3 pounds. It's TOM right now so probably not a great time to weigh-in, but I will tomorrow AM and post here. I want to lose whatever it takes to get to 160 by Christmas - should be 7-8 lbs. if Auntie Flo isn't being excessively hateful this month. :)

Heather115
12-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Okay, sadly enough, the scale was not friendly this morning. It tells me I'm at 169.8 which was pretty darned disgusting. It's got to be because its my TOM! So, I'll look forward to a nice drop in a couple days and shoot for 9.8 pounds lost by New Years. Here's to us! :cheers:

donnakd
12-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Just checking in. I am still here--on my second day of TO. I have an appt with the mgr of my COD and hope to get on the same page with them. I also have scheduled an appointment with a nutritionist for a hair analysis and saliva thyroid test. Have been doing research, and seems like something to at least try. If anyone has any info, negative or positive, would appreciate it--I am going to start a thread about it, though, so please post there.
I do have a Christmas party tonight, but did not want to put off takeoff, so will just do the best I can. My center agreed it would be better to do takeoff completely on plan until my meal tonight, then do the best I can. Their advice for Christmas parties is planning, and if there are foods we have to have, to eat small controlled amounts, and counting them.

smjezzy
12-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Well my intial loss was gained back by an unfortunate trip to a not so fine dining establishment but I'm slowly working it back off. Not changing my ticker though - I'll be back there soon (hopefully tomorrow). Glad to see you Donna and BTW the puppies are adorable!

Switzie6
12-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Tomorrow is my first WI since starting the New Years challenge. Keeping my fingers crossed! I have dinner out tonight for my sister b-day, hope that doesn't derail anything. Planning on using a Carb Craver on some pizza. Hope everyone is doing well!

nighthawk
12-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Greetings everyone,
weighed in today and have stayed the same but the scale is generally moving downwards so I will take it,slow as it may be.
Have a great day
Cheers!
Lori

Julzanne72
12-04-2007, 07:36 PM
I Am New But Up For 10 Lbs By The First Of The Year!!!

bradleys mom
12-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Hi gals! I am supposed to WI tomorrow but I am waiting until Friday morning probably. I had 4 pieces of pizza tonight, and I am getting ready to work it off.. I took the rest of the pizza to my grandma! She said what are you doing?! And I said I am getting this bad food outta my sight!!!! She was happy! She lives alone so that will do her for a couple days.

I am hoping to be under 240 when I do weigh in. That was one of my personal mini goals, to be in the 230's!

dolphn545
12-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Kimberly R - you are sooo close to the new decade! You can do this!! :)

Pastrey
12-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Okay, I met my original goal of dropping below 194 (weighed in last night at 192.6). I don't want to put too much pressure on myself, so I will make the ultimate love to see goal of dropping 10 lbs., but will be very happy all the same to just get out of the 190's.

Will be doing a to this weekend, and every other weekend from here until at least January :)

smjezzy
12-05-2007, 11:26 AM
OK I'm back to within one lb of what I gained at Whataburger. Remind me to just starve next time! I'm not going to the game this weekend so no temptation, however, if they win this game they are playing next weekend for the State Championship. I will have to go to that one, but I think I'll pack a meal this time! I believe I'm also having a little pre-TOM bloating so maybe I'm down a little more than I thought. <Crossing fingers>

Congrats to all the losers and keep up the good work. And for us flounderers a healthy dose of will power dust and better planning should do the trick.

Switzie6
12-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Well I was planning on going to WI today during my lunch break at work but here in central PA we are getting snow. It's not a whole lot, a few inches before it's through, but the reports are that the roads are slippery already since they haven't been treated yet this season. I don't want to get in an accident or get stuck in traffic because of an accident. So I will have to wait until friday or saturday for my first WI after starting the new years challenge. I think I need to move to sunny weather, San Diego sounds good!

cecil
12-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi Gals!
I went to WI yesterday and I was down 1.8! Whoo hoo! I was sooo happy! I had to go out to eat twice this past weekend for two birthdays. And I still lost! Amazing! I was sooo happy! So 8 more lbs to go till new years! I can do this! And so can all of you! Have a great POP day!

smjezzy
12-05-2007, 01:10 PM
WTG Cecil! Keep it up or should I say down.

bradleys mom
12-05-2007, 01:12 PM
YAY! Mini goal acheived! I WI this morning and I am at 239.6!!! WOOHOOO!! :dancer::cheer2: FINALLY I'm in the 230's!

Now to hit 235 before 2008... I think that is attainable! :) YAY!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

EmilyLashea
12-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Well I went to WI this morning and am up a pound. I'm not happy about it, but its TOM so that is to be expected I suppose. It's not looking good for the challenge, but I'll keep working at it anyway.. keeps me more motivated :)

cecil
12-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Emily, It is definately TOM. Don't let it get you down I bet next time you WI if it's gone you will be down a couple lbs towards your goal. I hate TOM. We shouldn't have to WI when we have it! Ha ha!

smjezzy
12-05-2007, 02:34 PM
WTG Kimberly!!! Chin up Emily you'll drop it once your visitor leaves.

cecil
12-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Shannon Congrats on your goal for New Years! Your over Half way there! That's awesome! You too Kimberly! Geez you guys are kicking my butt! Ha ha!

whatazoo
12-05-2007, 05:21 PM
WTG all losers! I was up on Monday due to overdoing it helping someone move. My muscles were retaining water like crazy. Dropped down over two pounds from Monday to today! Woohoo. So, I just have to behave at my companies Christmas party this Friday. It's a lunch, so no liquid fruits or starches. So it won't be too hard, I hope.

dolphn545
12-06-2007, 07:22 AM
WTG WL Losers!!

Emily - try some hot lemon water for the bloating. Also, the last couple months I've been taking Pamprin (or something like that) for TOM. Haven't had it since rejoining, but I intend to when TOM comes this month!

:wave: to everybody!

I don't know if I will be hitting the scale tonight or tomorrow a.m., but as soon as I do, I will post, whatever that may be. I'm feeling like a loser! :)

cecil
12-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Hey there. I had WI today and I gained a lb back. That is so frustrating. I am not changing my ticker because I plan on being back down by sat. Hopefully! Ugh! She said it was because of the sodium. But I still don't like it. Anyway good luck to everyone else!

bradleys mom
12-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Good Luck to those battling the scale today and tomorrow. I am going Saturday morning. SO far so good! Had a good mile and a half walk yesterday and will probably get about 2 or 3 miles in today. I am eating my lunch at work so I can use my actual lunch period to go walking at the park!

Speaking of Hot Lemon Water, that seems to be all the rave at my COD. Everytime I go in they are pushing HLW and they have upped from 64 ozs of H2O to 80 ozs during the Christmas season. Which I guess if you do 2 glasses of HLW a day that would come to 80 if you get 64 of regular H2O.. Okay I am "thinking aloud"....

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

Cecil - DONT GET DISCORAGED! Were here for ya! Remember Hot Lemon Water! lol

leah_0600
12-06-2007, 01:01 PM
i need to lose these last stupid few pounds that just DON'T want to move AT ALL. I doubt i'll do that in 19 days, but i'm aiming to by new year! Going to work really hard

Good luck ladies!

:dust:

cecil
12-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Hay Leah,
I was reading your blog and I saw that you like to go out and have drinks. Do you watch what you drink at all? Like how many drinks you are having? I am wondering because before I started LA. I did enjoy going out but I have now been sober for 33 days and I think I want to try incorporating some drinks back into my life style just wondering how you go about it. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

chiquita623
12-06-2007, 03:06 PM
I just got back from WI and I'm down a pound. Creeping slowly but surely to my goal of being in the 160's by Christmas. My WL weeks run out the week before Christmas and I will go on stabilization at that time. I have to admit that since I'm so close I've been getting a little lax about my choices and portions and stuff. I better watch it closer or else I'll end up being up instead of down!! Anyway, just wanted to check in. Will check in when I get a chance. Stay POP as much as possible!!!

Catway8
12-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Hi everyone,

I went for WI today after work and I am down 3 pounds. I think I MIGHT hit this goal. If so this will be the first one I actually do. I have 5 more to go till January 1st. Hope your all having a good day. Must go make some dinner. Have a good night!

Cathy. :)

cecil
12-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Cathy! 3 lbs that is awesome! Congrats! Keep up the good work!
Kim, Thanks for the words of encouragement! I appreciate it!

Tuesday Cool
12-07-2007, 10:00 AM
In my defense it is TOM but I was up .6 at WI! Wah. ****, I did turn down those cookies! That should have been worth no movement at all!

I did get measured and have lost 10"s! 6 in my waist! No wonder my pants are fitting so loose!

I am worried that my center is going bust. For several weeks the staff has been sparse and now one of the "children" told me they are not selling new memberships. They are only open 3 evenings a week. The best part is not having to sit down and discuss my weight loss with kids my daughters age!

I have started asking for menu planners every time I go in to stock up. I refuse to enter the food room as at this point I want to go with out packaged foods.

So, over all, I am down 19#'s, 1.4 for this challenge, 10 inches, and possibly one franchise! You all may be my only help come the new year! But I will have a huge stack of menu planners! :blah:

leah_0600
12-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Hay Leah,
I was reading your blog and I saw that you like to go out and have drinks. Do you watch what you drink at all? Like how many drinks you are having? I am wondering because before I started LA. I did enjoy going out but I have now been sober for 33 days and I think I want to try incorporating some drinks back into my life style just wondering how you go about it. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi cecil,

I don't watch what i drink at all, i probably have way more than the recommended units per day when i go out (gosh, i sound like an alcoholic!). I've only been going out once every two weeks lately though, because of my money situation lol. But i never usually watch what i drink because i usually burn a lot dancing (i love to dance on a night out!) It's great that you've been sober for 33 days! if you're wanting to incorporate drinks back into your lifestyle, the ones with the least calorific value are probably spirits and a diet mixer, i.e vodka and diet coke, but i'm not really an expert. I'd stick with being sober for as long as you can, alcohol is bad for us in so many ways lol!

cecil
12-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Leah,
Thanks! For the info. So basically you drink what you want and dance your butt off! Ha ha! Ok. Sounds good. I would love to continue to be sober but I really don't think it's going to be possible. I really want to have a drink. Ha ha! I for sure am not going to over do it. I think I am making a deal with my self that if I go and drink then the next day I have to excercise. And I don't like to do that so hopefully that will limit the amount of times I do decide to drink. Ha haha! Anyway thanks for the info. I appreciate it! Good luck on your Christmas goal! You can do it!

bradleys mom
12-08-2007, 11:20 AM
YAY! Down another pound this morning. I actually broke down and bought some TO juice. They want me to do it tomorrow and monday to try and lose a little extra weight. I am behind 14 pounds...eek... My average is only at 1.2 lbs per week so I have to step it up. My originial goal when starting this diet was to be 220 by Christmas. But I am back on track now. :)

cecil
12-08-2007, 01:44 PM
WI this mornign down 1.2 from Tuesday. So I am a total of 13.2 lbs which is an average of 2.2 per week! Yeah! Good job Kim! We are doing a great job on this challege! 3.6 to go by New years! You are on your way! I still have 7 lbs left! Geez! It's amazing how we just keep on losing. I never though it would be possible! But it is! I feel so good!

michie
12-08-2007, 01:58 PM
I went into the COD today and I just made my holiday goal! YAY! So I decided to change my goal from 7 to 10 pounds. Keep up the good work guys! Have a great day!

cecil
12-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Wow! Michie way to go! You are rocking the scale girl! Very proud! Keep up the good work! You will be there in no time!

bradleys mom
12-08-2007, 02:24 PM
WOW I cant believe how well we are all doing on this challenge! Keep it up! We can definatley surpass these goals!

Switzie6
12-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Congrats to everyone! Everyone is doing so well and working so hard.
I had a WI today, down 1.2. Hoping for more but at least the scale is moving in the right direction.
Have a great weekend everyone!

shshshhh
12-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Well the bad news is that I gained 2 pounds, but I am NOT changing my ticker, because I am determined to lose it this week. Not sure what caused the gain, COD said she thought it might be water weight. I don't have the TOM anymore so that can't be it. I am a bit disgusted with myself, but truth be told, I did not drink all my water every day, got a little sloppy with accountability on that front.

OK - now that I vented, I am back on track.

Thanks for listening.
Roberta

dolphn545
12-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Congrats to all the WL losers!! I will WI today, and hopefully will see a loss as well.

Have a great POP day! Will check in later! :cheers:

Switzie6
12-10-2007, 01:28 PM
WI today and down another 1.6! I am now in the 230's with Kimberly and it's great!
Keep up the good work everyone.

dolphn545
12-10-2007, 02:19 PM
WI today, and down 3.6 from last week's WI. WOOHOO!!! I survived the weekend! (a plus for me!!) I am now just over halfway to my New Year's goal. I'm hoping for more, but I started low (10 pounds) to keep the motivation.

Although I don't post as often as I should, I'm always reading these boards, and just want you all to know that by reading is assisting with my motivation and WL as well!! :)

bradleys mom
12-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Great job gals!!! I am so excited! I am on TO today and tomorrow. So far so good! My scale here at home is showing me to be down another .6 . I will WI officially on Wednesday. Everyone have a great week!

Killjoy
12-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Went to weigh in today and I'm down 6 lbs total from when I joined this challenge a little over a week ago.

The weekend was good. Felt a little under the weather Saturday so basically stayed in bed missing the gym entirely. :( Planned to make up for it on Sunday but got called into work for about five hours of overtime. I could use the extra money so I'm not really complaining. Heading off to the gym now though.

Stayed about 98% OP for the weekend and am happy to still be seeing results. Hope everyone else continues to do well too.

KJ

bradleys mom
12-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Awesome Loss KJ! Keep up the good work!! :)

Killjoy
12-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm pleased with my results so far.

It makes it easier to stay on plan when you see results.

KJ

cecil
12-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi Ladies! Well my WI yesterday was not what I wanted I was up .2 ugh! I know that is really nothing but I wanted to lose ya know. Anyway I have my BF's Christmas party on Friday and I am kind of worried. I know that I will do well on the food choices but I think I am going to crack down and have some Liquid starches and fruits. Oh oh! I really hope it doesn't affect my weightloss. I would be soo mad! I have still been sober for 39 days. Never knew that was possible. But I do miss the ocassional drink every once and a while. And then I have so much more coming up. Christma with my BF's extended family on Sunday along with some time with my family as well. Then on Sat Christmas with my family again. Then 24th Christmas with BF's immediate family and then 25th christmas with my Extended family. Wow! That's way to much temptation for one person! Ugh! Please pray for me! Ha ha!Anyway I WI tomorrow hopefully good news!
Hope everyone has a POP day!

donnakd
12-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Hello all--
I am still around, doing my best to stay on plan. Have been very busy, but also trying to stay off this computer!! Anyway, I was down 3.6 at my last weigh-in(last Friday), but have my current at home weight posted on here! So am going back in the right direction, hoping to keep it up!!!

cecil
12-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi Everyone! I had WI today and I was only down .4. Ugh! That gets so frustrating! If I am not down at leat .6 more by sat I will have not met my 2 lbs a week goal. My Goal for new years is starting to look unatainable. Oh Well I guess we will see. Too Bad I have a holiday party friday and I don't even want to go because I don't want to gain weight. Hope you all have a POP day!

dolphn545
12-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Hey everybody! Just a quick check in. Congrats to all the WL Losers! :dancer: :dance:

I believe my COD was closed today (weather related, I'm hoping -- tried calling but no answer), so I will have to wait now until Saturday a.m. to officially WI.

But because of the upcoming closing, I will definitely be needing all the support and advice I can get!

Hope everyone is having a great POP day! :cheers:

whatazoo
12-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Just checking in for the week... Went down a bit, then blipped back up. Darn onion rings on Thursday, stood there in a closed room and ate them like I was starving (I wasn't...) So, I'm back on track today. I'm not changing my ticker, because I hope to be back down the .6 by Monday back to where I was. Not sure if I will meet my goal, but I'll sure try.

michie
12-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Well I am thoroughly stumped. I have been hanging around the same few pounds for the past week! I WI wednesday and friday and I was up both times! Well, wednesday I was up about a pound and friday i was about the same, but still up from where I was! I don't understand because I have been on plan PERFECTLY! I honestly have not been cheating, and working out everyday! I am going to TO this weekend and if I don't see a change I need to know what's going on!?!?

Thank you all again for all of your help and support. I really feel like this is making a big difference in my WL. Thank you and have a POP weekend!

cecil
12-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Ok I skipped WI today because I had a big dinner Steak Oscar! yum! And I had some drinks too. I drank a ton of water though so hopefully I don't have negative effects. I just really wanted to wait. So I will go in on Monday no matter what. Ugh! Anyway the dinner went pretty good. I defianately ate more than I usually do and not all on plan. First time I have done that since I started. Anyway I will update you on Monday with the results ha ha!

bunnylubber13
12-17-2007, 02:29 AM
I'm in too! I'm shooting for 6 lbs.

michie
12-18-2007, 02:47 AM
ok so i reached my second new years goal... but i am a little afraid to set a new one in fear of not making it! is that bad??? i want to have confidence in me and know that i can keep losing this weight, but at the same time it has been rather slow. i don't know! can i lose another 5 pounds by new years?? what's a girl to do??!?

cecil
12-18-2007, 12:36 PM
So I finally made it to weigh in today and I am the same.... at least I didn't gain. Well actually last time I went I thought I weighed in at 191.8 and now I am at 191.6. So I guess I lost .2 that's pretty good with all the bad choices this weekend. Ha! So anyway I am starting to think that I am not going to make my goal.

bradleys mom
12-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Okay gals, As of yesterday we have 2 weeks to finish this challenge! Some of you all have already succeeded, yay! And some of us are creeping very close! Stay focused these next two weeks, especially around Christmas when all those fattening goodies are floating around!

Julzanne72
12-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey all just wanted to pop in and say I DID IT!!!! I hit my NY goal w/ a week to spare...and just want to keep moving fw'd!! my new goal is another 8-by 01/12/08-DH Christmas party-If I do it I may buy myself something to wear:)

bradleys mom
12-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Great Job Julz! You gals are rockin' this challenge!

Julzanne72
12-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks Kimberly....honestly this is the first time I feel like I am actually going to get to my goal-the plan has been so easy for me to follow-with the exception of TO-which I have only done once so far!

michie
12-20-2007, 12:47 AM
after reading all of these posts (so many are doing so great!) i think i will push my goal once again! i want to be 227 by new years! i am 8 pounds away, so that's my new goal. i can totally do this, and i know i will. i just have to focus. i have been really lazy about the gym lately, and really busy, making it hard to fit in my foods! once this week is over it'll be better.

so once again, pencil me in for 8 pounds. woo hoo, let's do this!

dolphn545
12-20-2007, 06:38 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

Just checking in. I weighed in on my (dial-up) scale, and it shows a loss, from what I could see with those itty, bitty lines! The true weights will begin again next week. I am buying myself a digital scale for Christmas, but I have to wrap it and put it under the tree til Christmas Eve (since I wouldn't let DH have ANYTHING of his ahead of time!!)

Glad to see everybody is doing so well. Hope you have a GREAT POP day! :cheers:

Camry
12-20-2007, 09:49 AM
I am going to try for 5 lbs. My WL has been s-l-o-w thus far, but hopefully I can do this!

cecil
12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
I am soo proud of all of you! Doesn't it feel good to be losing right now when everyone else in the world is gaining. Ha!
I went to WI today. I was down .8 and it's even TOM. So maybe Sat when it's gone I will be down even more! Hope everyone has a great POP day!
Thanks for all of you support! Stay strong!

cecil
12-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Well guess what I did lose more on sat! Whoo hoo! Down to 189! I was so excited! Hope I don't ruin it over the holidays. Good luck to e everyone our challenge is coming to end. I still have 4 lbs to get rid of in a week don't think it's going to happen.

cecil
12-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Ladies our challenge is almost over. How is everyone doing? I haven't seen many updates recently.. I still have 5 lbs to go. And about 5 days left. Ha ha! Probably not going to make it huh?

bradleys mom
12-28-2007, 11:26 AM
I went reallllly far backwards!!! I am almost at the weight I started at. I am working hard to get back down this week. I think alot of it is water as I dropped 2 lbs since yesterday and have spent a lot of time running back n forth to the potty!! (TMI sorry)

cecil
12-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Kim don't get down on your self. This is a very hard time of the year to stay in control. I think no matter how we did we probably did better then we normally would have. We will just have to start a new challenge after Tuesday. Maybe a Valentines day goal? Let me know what you think?

bradleys mom
12-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Cecilia - Sounds great! I like these challenges. I've yet to meet my goal at one, but it keeps me somewhat better in line than if I didnt have a mini goal. A couple of my New Year's resolutions are to exercise or walk at least 30-45 minutes a day, 3 or 4 days per week and to stay POP!! I would like to be 220 by Valentines day. On February 16th my DS will turn 2 and we will be having his birthday party. It would be great to be 20 lbs lighter and get some compliments. I expected more than what I got these past holidays and kinda threw myself a little pity party... But I'm looking for a good beginning to 2008!

jamiam
12-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I wish I could lose my last 6 lbs but the way I lose it's not possible. My goal is just 2 lbs by New Year's Day.

whatazoo
12-28-2007, 07:35 PM
I went backwards as well. I think I'm at my starting weight. I will probably join in a Valentine's Day goal with everyone. I gained 4 (COD only knew about 2 of those 4) and lost 3 the last couple days. Thank YOU hot lemon water! LOL I need to refocus. I may take a couple weeks off from the COD to get my head back in the game. I haven't done well with TO, so I probably won't be doing one of those.

bradleys mom
12-29-2007, 09:08 AM
LOL Stephanie. I have had a strange relationship with HLW lately as well!

michie
12-29-2007, 12:45 PM
with hot lemon water... do they need to be fresh lemons? i have been using bottled lemon juice and putting it in my green tea. do you think it will have the same effect?

whatazoo
12-29-2007, 02:20 PM
I don't really care for HLW (actually I hate it, but the things we do for the scale). Anyway, Michie, I read on here to use fresh lemons as it is the oil in the rind is what helps. I use my (manual) juicer and get the juice out, then I zest the rind, and throw the zest, juice and the rest of the lemon in the micro for about 1 1/2 min with a tea bag, squeeze out the rest of the lemon, add a splenda packet. With small lemons, I use 1 a day, larger lemons 1/2 per day - usually just a couple days is all I can stand until the next week in which I have consumed too much sodium filled goodies.
HTH

cecil
12-31-2007, 12:39 PM
So I had WI on Sat and I was down like 4 lbs! So I am at 18.8 total! So I am 1.2 away from my goal for tomorrow! Maybe I will make it!

bradleys mom
01-01-2008, 12:49 PM
I agree with Stephanie... I sometimes use the bottled lemon water and I dont think it helps as much as fresh lemosn... Also if you notice the ingredients tag, the bottled lemon juice has sodium... It may be a small amount but still its that nasty little ingredient that keeps the H2O on me!!!

michie
01-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Ok, so I didn't make it to my NYE goal... but I lost 12 pounds! So I guess as much as I want to feel bad that I didn't make my goal, I just can't. So I suppose I will jump on board with any new challenges that come up, and all I can do is hope for as much success as I had with this one.

Michelle

bradleys mom
01-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Michelle... YOU GO GIRL! I would have met my goal as well if it would not have been the HOLIDAYS!!! lol (Gotta blame something!!!)

I am starting the Valentines Day challenge today. I will give someone else the opportunity to start a board if they would like!

Killjoy
01-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Michelle, 12 pounds is still great!

I also failed to make my NYE goal but I did drop 12 pounds since I joined this challenge on December 10th so I'm still happy about that. Thankfully the holidays are behind us and with them hopefully most of the temptation that accompanies them.

Good luck to all in 2008. We can do this, we really can!

KJ