Old 11-23-2007, 03:31 PM   #1  

Default Is it possible?

To do this program on my own? I am sitting here now obsessing a bit and getting all worked up about starting on Monday.

I try to read all I can but then I think it is not enough it is not possible to do this...

Is there a typical Purple day menu kind of thing anywhere? I am really not sure what I need to squash my obsessing.. maybe just someone who has done this without a centre to reassure me that it is doable.

Thanks, Lori
alantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Default sample menus

For a couple of months we were diligent about posting a daily menu thread. I'm sure if you do a search you can find the info that you need. I think the last one we were really good with was July or August. It used to be a savior of accountability.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:37 PM   #3  

Hi Lori,

I haven't written in a while, but I want you to get off to as good a start as possible. Try not to look at the lists of food to find something to eat. Usually when people do that, they end up with grilled cicken and salad or grilled cicken and veggies. That gets old quickly. Then they decide it's too hard or not enough variety and quit.

My suggestion is to think about what you want to eat, THEN find it on the list AND find a way to make it on plan -- either be creative or use a recipe. Try to eat REAL food. Example: One day I wanted a meatball sub -- can't have that from subway -- it's LOADED with fat and sodium. So at home, I made meatballs with ground turkey breast, made some sauce with tomatoes, garlic, etc. and popped it in 1/2 a pita with LF cheese. It was really good and waaay better for me.

Also remember to plan ahead to get in all your servings (and to not go over them). You MUST write down everything you eat. It will most defintiely keep you in check.

It can be done. I lost 97lbs and I'm on Maintenance. Good luck!

Last edited by hourglass; 11-23-2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: to add additional info
hourglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 07:28 PM   #4  
Purple with Lites

Height: 5'5"

Hi Lori, You can do this on your own. It's great that you and your husband will do it together and you are able to support each other. You will eat foods everyday so you might as well work toward being on the plan, right?! I agree with hourglass, think of foods you would normally eat, then fit the plan to that...and you must write down what you eat. Though it was hard for me, at first, to get all of my fruits and vegetables in, I found recipes that are really tasty and on plan, and now get them in without trouble. I suggest you make it easy for yourself to stay on plan. I have a 5.5 x 3.5 inch notebook by Mead with labels with the number of servings and water listed, and I just cross them off as I go and note the foods in the book below the label. There are recipes on this site, and cookbooks [all kinds of LAWL things really] available on ebay. I suggest weighing yourself once or twice per week and keeping a weight log - then you will have the accountability that the center provides. Feel free to PM me anytime about the program, I am on purple too! Lisa
AvidKayaker is offline   Reply With Quote