Old 11-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Thanksgiving for OA

Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving Day. Today I wrote out my food plan, called it into my Sponsor, emailed my Sponsees and went about a most wonderful day. I did not sneak, binge, overeat and kept my abstinence. I did not have Pie or seconds or thirds and did not snack.
I feel wonderful. My company has said goodnight and now I am just sitting back enjoying my life. I hugged, kissed and tickled my Grandson as much as I could (only 5 months old). He is very special. I want to be around a long time to see him grow and laugh and love his Grammy.
Hugs and blessings to all as we now go into the Holiday Season, Grateful and Abstinent.
Bumps
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:09 AM   #2  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

I'm just back from my usual thursday night meeting. Only one other person showed up but I had books with me, so we did all the readings and held our little meeting anyway! I emailed my sponsee this morning, and spoke with my sponsor last night. I ate exactly the food I turned over last night, and I'm feeling great.

I've also written out my "Thankful For" list. This is it:

*I am eternally thankful for my 248 days of abstinence. That's 8 months, 2 days. Some have been a struggle, serious work. Some have been painful. Some have been a breeze. But every day has been a gift.

*I am grateful that I can eat my food and be done with it. I've had no cravings for a long time. I can just walk away.

*I think about all the families in this world that are dreading the drama of the holiday, and dreading seeing their families for the day. I am grateful that, even though they are far away, I love and miss my family very much. I am grateful that I have a family with whom I am always welcome, always supported, and always valued.

*I am thankful for my dancing. It is a chance for me to feel graceful and beautiful, which is something I have rarely, if ever, felt. It is a chance to have joy in my body, and I value that very much.

*I am thankful that my years of overeating and compulsion haven't irreparrably damaged my body. My blood pressure is great--114/76--and my cholesterol is within healthy levels (176). My heart and lungs are strong. My body is healthy.

*I am thankful I was not hurt in the accident where I lost Bella (my beloved 11.5 year old car). I don't even have whiplash.

*I am thankful that I am learning that I am beautiful. It's helping me heal.

*I am thankful for my sponsee, and everything she gives me through her learning and reaching out.

*I am thankful for my bike, and for a sport where I can truly feel like I am performing well.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I am also thankful for all of you here! Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by sidhe; 11-23-2007 at 12:54 PM.
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:44 AM   #3  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile So beautifully Said

I too am feeling peaceful. I credit my twelve years of working my OA plan for bringing me to this point. Although I don't have a sponsor right now, I know how special she/he can be.

I too felt gratitude for so many many things. One, being this group of people who open up and share so much of who and what they are here for. Bless you all!

Today was good! Tomrrow will be good as well. After so long of things not being "so good", isn't it nice to say that it is?

Thank you for sharing your day with us. Many more good ones ahead
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:49 AM   #4  

Thanksgiving day I wrote out my food plan and e-mailed to my sponsor and stayed on plan as I did yesterday too.

I'm feeling grateful to finally be able to do this and pray I can continue one day at a time.

Hope everyone has a great day.
pad
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

I also went to my usual Thursday noon meeting. I felt so blessed to be able to go. There were 5 of us (wow).

I ate my regular meals at my regular times. I had an abstinent day.

It was more stressful than usual, and I spent time in prayer trying to turn over my anxiety.

I am thankful that the day was abstinent, and I'm also thankful that the day is over.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote