100 lb. Club - Yes, I ate too much, but I also had some GREAT things happen today!

Cassie501107
11-22-2007, 10:09 PM
This morning, I woke up feeling a bit bummed. Why? Because none of my pants fit me. They're all too big. I know, I know...that's a good thing, right? But still, I wanted to throw on some jeans that are NOT falling off of me, but I have no money right now to buy more clothes...so I'm stuck swimming in clothes that are too big for me.
My smallest jeans are a size 24. I don't own anything smaller! I thought I had 22's, but nooope. I have capri's that are size 20, but it wasn't exactly capri weather today, lol. Anyways, I don't know if you all read it, but a couple weeks ago, I was in Wal-Mart and I tried on a pair of size 18's, and was happy that I could button them.
So...back to this morning....I put on my size 24 jeans, and I felt sloppy. I was complaining about it to my mom, and she suggested that I ask my sister if she had any jeans that I could borrow. I rolled my eyes...yeah, right. My sister is 14 years old, and although she's chunky, there is no way I could wear her jeans. Still, I knocked on my sisters door, and asked her was the BIGGEST size of jeans she had. She said the biggest she had was 16's, so I said "never mind", and walked away. Then...then, mom says, "Just try them on Cassie"...and I said NO. So SHE gets a size 16 out, and makes me try them on, lol.

AND THEY FIT.

I bit snug, and a bit of a roll, but WOW, I wore a size 16 jeans today!

Of course I took a pic, thrilled! Excuse the mirror and the mess behind me...the room belongs to my kid brothers, (ages 6 & 9), so it's always a mess.:p

Oh! One other thing...I walked into my uncles house for Thanksgiving dinner...I haven't seen my uncle since I weighed 280lbs...he takes a look at me and says, "You've lost a LOT of weight...have you been exercising"...THEN, I got more compliments on how good I'm looking from my cousins...it was a wonderful, wonderful feeling.

I know I could have posted all of this in the NSV thread, but I am just so..THRILLED, and so proud,....so sorry if I sound boastful. Ha!

Here is the pic!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/cassie501107/100_4350-1.jpg

jtammy
11-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Cassie, That's fantastic! Congratulations on getting in such a smaller size. And they look great in the photo by the way!

boaterswife
11-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Wow, Cassie, I bet you're on top of the world! I know I'm proud of you, and I bet your whole family was proud of you today too!

rakel
11-22-2007, 11:01 PM
WOW Cassie! Your legs look so little! Congrats, you deserve it. You've worked your butt off.... literally.

Cassie501107
11-22-2007, 11:03 PM
WOW Cassie! Your legs look so little! Congrats, you deserve it. You've worked your butt off.... literally.

I'm an apple shape...chicken legs, APPLE belly~~HA! Thank you so much though!

Thanks to everyone!

kasmin
11-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Cassie,
How awesome is that! Plus you look great in those jeans. I hope you kept them;)

dek6
11-22-2007, 11:08 PM
you should look on ebay and go to goodwill. they dont always have plus size clothes but you might get lucky. It isnt the best store but I would rather have used clothes (and not spend alot of money) since you are just going to shrink out of them. Than have clothes that are too big. Im kinda going through the same thing. I am about out of my jeans and dont have the money to go buy new ones. It is an awesome feeling but it sucks ..... good luck

rakel
11-22-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm an apple shape...chicken legs, APPLE belly~~HA! Thank you so much though!

Thanks to everyone!

The waist is the hardest part to loose! I know :(. I have more of an hourglass figure with a few more bumps along the way. lol. But I still think you're doing great!

Booskie
11-23-2007, 12:19 AM
I loved reading your post especially today when all my focus was on how do I keep from eating a ton of food, I'm so happy for you! That's gotta feel fantastic and you look great :woohoo:

OptimistK
11-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Way to go girlie!!! I know you are on cloooooud nine!!! :bravo:

pamatga
11-23-2007, 02:52 AM
Way to go Cassie!

Who cares where you post it as long as we get to share in your joy!!

WOO HOO FOR YOU SWEETIE!

I know how you feel about clothes. I haven't lost as much as you have but last Saturday I spent 90 minutes going through the clothes that didn't fit last year and now they do. I felt like I was shopping only I didn't spend a dime. I have been literally working off my apple middle. Out of curiosity I measured myself and I have lost 4 inches off of my waist. Who said doing ab crunches don't work? I have curves. My waist goes in where it is supposed to and another NSV---my waist to hip ratio is under the high risk marker!

I was just thinking about how nice it would be if we had some kind of clothing exchange here on 3FC. I wonder how we could do that. My feet are shrinking too and I had to already get rid of some favorite slides I wore all the time. I hated to throw them away. If this continues, then I will be having to give away quite a bit of clothes and shoes. Any one have any ideas?

mj5
11-23-2007, 06:37 AM
How awesome to fit into those jeans! You look FANTASTIC! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

hellokitty81668
11-23-2007, 07:29 AM
:carrot: Congratulations!!!!! That is great!!
Have you thought about Laway for clothes?? I have done that at TJ Maxx, and Kmart has it also...
cheryl

bargoo
11-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Cassie, while I was losing I bought my jeans at Goodwill, Salvation Army or Thrift Village, they cost just a few dollars, I love my cheap jeans ! Takes a little patience to look for the right size but so worth it.

MaNdA22
11-23-2007, 07:53 AM
Aww thats great!!! I bet that felt awesome. Congrats on your achievment:)

tamaralynn
11-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Way to go Cassie!!! You're doing an amazing job :)

I also buy my clothes from 2nd hand stores. They're cheaper and easier on your wallet especially if you plan on losing a lot of weight. And you can find some sweet deals there!!! A lot of clothes haven't even been worn. Someone bought them (or received as gifts), and they sat in the bottom of the drawer or hanging in a closet until it's time to get rid of it for something they like.

And I know how you feel. my current clothes range from 18 - 22. They are all way to baggy now, but are the only clothes I have. I've been recieving a lot of comments from the instructors I work with and my supervisor... even the Dean of the school!!!

Yesterday I wore in the same clothes that I had on in a picture that my work is very familiar with from about 3 months ago. My supervisor looked at me and laughed. She said I REAAAAALLY need some new as mine are practically falling off me. And I'm BUMMED about it lol. I guess I liked the clothes I Had (they were my comfy clothes hehe).

DH buying me a gift certificate for a mall for Christmas. I'm going to use it to buy a new wardrobe (more shirts than pants... as shirts don't look so bad if you lose a lot of weight in them compared to pants)
:)

purpleorc
11-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Congratulations on your NSV, wow you look great what a nice thanksgiving day surprise for yourself.

Keep up the good work and good luck at reaching your goal.

midwife
11-23-2007, 10:20 AM
You look terrific, Cassie! Congratulations!

Lannae
11-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey Cassie...just wanted to say congrats and I wish you all best on your continued journey!!!

I think it is awesome,and inspiring for all...good job girl!!!

Fooled
11-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

rakel
11-23-2007, 12:23 PM
I think a clothing exchange is a good idea! But there would be a lot of details involved with that, someone would have to step up and volunteer to manage it.

Smiling_Sara
11-23-2007, 01:04 PM
That is AWESOME!! Now you know what to ask Santa for for Christmas!! Some new, smaller clothes....and you can either give away your bigger jeans or even sell them on ebay or something to make a little extra spending money for yourself. :) Congrats, that must feel amazing!!

sockmonkey70
11-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Congratulations! You look so freaking skinny :p

Cassie501107
11-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Thanks everyone, for your compliments and your suggestions!

I went out today and bought myself a pair of size 16 pants....but of course I had to try them on first because I was STILL in disbelief! Ha! It feels wonderful though.

I too, think that a clothing exchange would be a wonderful idea...hmmmm!

ChrissyBean
11-24-2007, 01:10 PM
You have great legs, girlfriend!!! Awesome story. :)

BattleAx
11-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Way to go Cassie! I'm so happy for you!

Cassie501107
11-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Thanks everyone! It dawned on me today that I will, one day, be OUT of plus sizes...this is so hard for me to grasp!!!

:^::carrot:

bargoo
11-24-2007, 11:49 PM
Cassie, I needed a new dress for my nephew's wedding. I automatically went to the plus sizes......the clerk informed me I was in the wrong department!!She was right I bought adress in a normal size, I had to do a lot of trying on because I had no clue what size I was.Feels great, You are well on your way, Cassie, keep up the good work.

rakel
11-24-2007, 11:52 PM
Ain't that a wonderful feeling? I measured my waist the other day and it was like 46.5" ... I'm getting close to the XL sizes again... it's kind of weird. I looked in the mirror several times today and thought, "wow, my face really is getting thinner" and I tried on these jeans that have been incredibly tight for awhile, and now they are almost a little loose. I can hardly believe it myself. It's awesome! And you are doing so great Cassie, really! I think it's safe to say we are all extremely proud of you. There are so many people at 3FC who succeed!

xJox
11-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Wow! Congrats! You look sooooo great!

Angihas2
11-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Congrats!!!

I too am a lover of the Goodwill/Salvation Army/Thrift store etc. Even consignment shops, if you do a lot of diggng, you can find great deals! And at a consignment shop, you can trade in your old stuff for store credit to find stuff that fits, and then do it all over again. Once they know you, you'll work even better deals. I found a $4900.00 Vera Wang dress for $150.00 at the consignment shop I use. I didn't BUY it, because it's like a size negative 12, but, the deals are there.