LA Weight Loss - Decision for now

View Full Version : Decision for now

alantra
11-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Well for now we are going to try and do this on our own. Has anyone had any success this way? I have a PDF document with a bunch of info about the plan. I am not sure what colours to use though. Hubby is 205, 5'9" Sedentary job and I am 154, 5'5" also sedentary.

Can anyone recommend a colour?

Perhaps after Christmas we will join a COD but for now it is all about the kids and Christmas.. :)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated... oh and hubby's big question.. what about Beer? (Geesh)

Thanks, Lori in cold and snowy Ontario

buffystar
11-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Good choice! LAWL is a bit of difficult at first with reducing carbs (especially if you crave carbs-but it works!). The first question is: are you going to try to do bars to supplement the plan? Many ladies recommend Luna Bars. If you are planning on doing two of those/day-then you would be on gold until about 135 (I think). If you are not going to do the lites then you would go to purple. Hope this helps. Regardless, you are way ahead of those of us who used the program in the past- by discovering this forum. If you work the program, the program will work for you. Good luck:)

alantra
11-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Thank you!!! I am not doing lites so it is purple.. THANKS

Any idea about hubby? My doc said ideal weight is about what you were at aged 20.. He looked like a drug addict then at 130 lbs so that is TOO low in my oppinion.. I have checked a couple of calculators and it ranges from 129-170 for his ideal weight. He plays hockey twice a week and takes a stabilty ball class.

any thoughts?

Thanks again.. I REALLY appreciate that

alantra
11-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Another ? Where it says on the list have a LITE do I just ignore that?

AvidKayaker
11-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi Lori, Regarding plan selection see the information here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70537&page=2

For Men - 18 years and older
Ideal weight + 70 Purple or red
Ideal weight + 100 = red
Do NOT drop below the purple plan

If you're not sure I suggest starting at the higher plan and monitor results. If he exercises more than 5 hours per week then it would be red.

Regarding alcohol according to my purple plan book:
Alcohol is limited - up to 3 times per week
Light beer, 12 oz = one starch
Regular beer, 12 oz = one starch and one fruit
Hard liquor, 1 oz = one starch
Red or white wine, 3 oz = 1 fruit

Yes, you're correct -- when you go up a plan because you're not using lites just ignore the notations regarding lites.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more information.

alantra
11-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Thanks.. looks like I am a purple and hubby is a red.

Thanks for the help.

Lori

Desiree Brown
11-24-2007, 03:09 PM
My mom's doing LA and I live somewhere where we don't have a centre, so I'm just doing what she's doing (red) even though she's way bigger than me. I've lost 6 pounds this week. My mom said she tried to do purple but she couldn't eat all the food. Go in for a consultation :) When I went in for mine, they told me if I joined, I'd be on red.