100 lb. Club - McDonalds Sweet Tea

View Full Version : McDonalds Sweet Tea

dek6
11-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Does anyone know the nutritional value for McDonalds Sweet Tea. I know there is probably alot of sugar in it.

nelie
11-22-2007, 09:25 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_tea

If you look, it mentions that it is 230 calories (for a regular). I also found another site that said a normal 8 oz serving of sweet tea is 100 calories.

Glory87
11-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Wow, if there's about 16 calories per teaspoon and that drink has 230 calories, it has about 14 teaspoons of sugar. Just imagine stirring in 14 teaspoons of sugar!

Dawn2Dusk
11-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Nelie is right. Here's another source. http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/mcdonalds/sweet-tea

You could also get the information from the McDonald's website. Although. it doesn't seem to be working at the moment...

FresnoBeeDude
11-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Nelie is right. Here's another source. http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/mcdonalds/sweet-tea

You could also get the information from the McDonald's website. Although. it doesn't seem to be working at the moment...

I have bought regional items at different fast food places, that their own website doesn't list the nutritional value for If you contact them via 1-800 number they will find the info for you. In fact, Taco Bell was kind enough to actually mail me a nutritional label on a product I inquired about. I usually explain I am diabetic, and I need to monitor this info. they are more then happy to oblige

rakel
11-22-2007, 08:10 PM
WOW! I know I have a really bad sweet tooth but I think that sweet tea really crosses the line. I used to always get sweet tea in resturants when I went, but now I get unsweet and usually add a packet of sweet-n-low, or a packet of sugar if I feel daring enough. I couldn't imagine putting 14!!

Cassie501107
11-22-2007, 09:39 PM
I love, love, love sweet tea...but I just can't bring myself to drink that many calories and sugar...I haven't tried McDonald's sweet tea, and I probably shouldn't because then I will crave it...lol!

Sorry, I know that wasn't your question..I just had to comment because I miss my sweet tea!:^:

dek6
11-22-2007, 11:04 PM
WOW!!!!! I thought that there was alot of sugar but 14? That is crazy. I can not believe that I drank what I usually eat for my whole breakfast. K. So thanks alot. I now know that I definately need to stay away from it. I had one the other day and I was thinking maybe about 100 cal. But 230? that is just ignorance on my part....

kasmin
11-23-2007, 02:54 AM
It's so amazing how they sneak those calories in there. Sometimes, they are just so unecessary too. Like wouldn't 10 teaspoons have done it?:P

nelie
11-23-2007, 10:09 AM
You can sneak a lot of calories into drinks. I think the most calorie rich thing at mcdonalds is their shakes. I remember reading that a regular vanilla shake at mcdonalds has something like 1100 calories. And I imagine a large sweet tea is somewhere around 600 calories, imagine if someone had refills on it?

kyfriedchick1
11-23-2007, 11:40 AM
1100 calories in a milkshake? Are you kidding me? That is unbelievable!

BerkshireGrl
11-23-2007, 02:14 PM
... I remember reading that a regular vanilla shake at mcdonalds has something like 1100 calories.

McDonald's is pretty caloric, with the shakes being right up there, but the 1100+ shake is the gigantic, towering 32 oz. one. That's a QUART of shake! :yikes: GROSS!

Here's the McDonald's Vanilla Shake lowdown:
12 oz. = 420 calories
16 oz. = 550 calories
21 oz. = 740 calories
32 oz. = 1,110 calories

I can't even imagine someone drinking a quart-size shake. Ugh! But then, 7-Eleven sells 44 oz. Super Big Gulps! Heck, a 44 oz. Big Gulp coca cola is a mere 559 calories, about half the giant mongo shake! :dizzy:

nelie
11-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Aha, at one point I heard it was a regular size shake but I could've heard wrong and that was a few years ago.

Dumplin
11-23-2007, 08:13 PM
A couple months ago I tried iced coffee from McDonalds.I really liked them. I stopped every morning for a few weeks and was really enjoying this new drink I had discovered. One morning I ask the girl that waited on me how many calories were in the drink, she could not find the calorie sheet she was looking for, then another lady spoke up and said around 500 calories. I have'nt had one since that day!!!

RitzyFritz
11-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Oh, yes...I am one of those who fell for the Sweet Tea Trap!! I love their sweet tea!!! I have had to MAKE myself stop drinking it. I tell myself I can come home and make my own tea - saving money and calories all in one swoop. Definitely stay away from it if you like sweet tea. You will be hooked from the first drink on, and it isn't worth the calories it costs!! :)

Jasmine31
11-28-2007, 02:52 PM
I am not surprised. Sugary drinks are very high in calories. The sad thing is sometimes the only difference between a 150 lb woman and a 250 lb woman is a few extra 100 calories a day over a period of time.

Robin41
11-28-2007, 02:59 PM
I can't even imagine someone drinking a quart-size shake. Ugh!

Trust me, it's not that hard. Somehow there was always room; even on top of the Big Mac and fries. Although, in my formerly expert opinion, the Jack in the Box shakes were way better.

I could still see spending some of my daily calories on a cheeseburger, but there's no way I'm going to waste them on a drink of any kind.

Shy Moment
11-28-2007, 04:05 PM
I happen to have the sheet from McDonald's showing their menu and what is in it because I wanted an egg nog shake. Yummm worth every drop of fat lol. Hey, they only have them a few weeks a year and I only have one.

MC Donald's milk shake 16 oz

Calories 550
Total Fat 13
Saturated fat 8
Trans Fat 1
Cholesterol 50
Sodium 190
Protein 20
Carbs 96

Originally Posted by BerkshireGrl
I can't even imagine someone drinking a quart-size shake. Ugh!

lol I could drink what ever you would give me of an egg nog shake. Gallons and gallons lol I just don't let myself. Since I never eat fast food I figure one shake a year is not going to kill me but I do stick to the 16 oz size.

FrouFrou
11-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Not meaning to butt in on anyones thread but I saw the headline and had to see what it was about. I was just talking with DS GF last night about the sweet tea and wondered myself how fattening it is...geez, 14 teaspoons of sugar, YIKES! I had one and it was good but haven't been tempted again. Will just get the regular tea w/o sugar.

Glory87
11-28-2007, 06:28 PM
1100 calories in a milkshake? Are you kidding me? That is unbelievable!

Ha, how about the calories in some of the "oh so healthy" drinks at Jamba Juice?? I have finally figured out my drink - Mango Mantra (no peaches, sub raspberries), in a small and I drink about half. The smallest size is a 16 oz and is 160 calories (this is from their LIGHT MENU), I want a 12 oz!

An "original" (ie 24 oz) Razzmatazz is 440 calories, a 30 oz Peanut Butter Moo'd is 1170 calories. Juice != low calorie, health food.

On a positive, the Jamba Juice people can do nearly any substitution on any drink you want. Want a drink with fat free yogurt instead of sherbert? No problem!

SuchAPrettyFace
11-29-2007, 10:09 PM
I am of no help w/this thread because I am a yankee and I don't take sugar in my tea, hot or iced. :(

But I was wondering if anyone had the nutritional info for a child sized shake @ McD's? Would it be half of the 16 ounce one? About 8 ounces seems right for a child sized drink?