Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-21-2007, 04:49 PM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/153.4/135

Height: 5'6"

Default New Here!

hi everyone! i'm new here...i will try to keep my intro. short.
my name is em. i am 24 years old, and have dealt with binge eating for as long as i can remember. i have gotten a much better handle on it since high school, but this year, with a number of life changes and difficult events, i have slipped a bit.
last winter, i lost around 40 pounds and was about 3 pounds from my goal weight. i didn't binge for about two months. for a number of reasons, i gained back 30 pounds. i was in a really low place for a long time, but i am seeing the light again, and am ready to do this for good.
i am tired of working so hard and sabotaging myself, and i am ready to deal with this head-on. i am on day 4 of being binge free, and i know i have my work cut out for me. however, i also feel like i am really starting to examine the reasons i am eating, and not just the eating itself. it is this self-reflection that i believe will help me conquer this binge eating for good. i also believe that the support of this and other forums will be a big help!
i have always eaten healthy foods, just too much at times. i am also very active, which i think has helped offset some of the excess calorie consumption. my plan is simple: eat when i am hungry, stop when i am full. eat as many "whole" foods as possible and limit processed foods. exercise each day.
i just wanted to say "hello", and i am looking forward to getting to know you all!
em1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

To 3FC I am glad you joined us.You came to the right place as we are all filled with lots of support. Be sure to look around the site and get familiar with everything ask all the questions you haveas they will get answered. I look forward to seeing your progress so be sure to keep posting. Good luck!
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Smile

em1183 - Welcome to 3FC! We're very glad to have you

Please post often and keep us up to date on how you are doing!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:07 PM   #4  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

hey em,
welcome
mdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:48 PM   #5  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

mdl - lol I love the el debarge lyrics. Who'd have thunk they'd have been as profound as they are? I wonder what ever happened to them? And salt n' pepa? You are awesome.

Em!! Welcome!!
I'm glad you are on day four. I am a binger too, but it's all day by day I guess. I really have to struggle to keep my time in the to kitchen actually cooking and not just standing there shoving stuff into my mouth. Sometimes I wonder if I didn't spend so much time worrying about it and concentrating on other stuff; how much more productive I'd be?
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

"Sometimes I wonder if I didn't spend so much time worrying about it and concentrating on other stuff; how much more productive I'd be?"

greeneggsandtam - I think we've all asked ourselves that!
Everyone has a vice, whether it's eating too much, working too much, worrying too much, etc. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just focus on working on the new, healthier you
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:43 AM   #7  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

Greetings! You are very welcome, hope you are having a good day.
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:33 PM   #8  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

greeneggsandtam--
hahah thanks for the signature love!! i get inspiration from the dumbest things

i'm also a binger. i have decided to not stock up my kitchen. i just can't deal with it. i would rather have to go buy food every day than sit there in front of the sink noshing away mindlessly

and i LOVE the beegees too. love. l.ov.e.

just sing "night fever" to yourself instead of binging. hahah. if only it were that simple

and why greeneggsandtam?
mdl is offline   Reply With Quote