Weight Loss Support - Kick in the pants, please!

View Full Version : Kick in the pants, please!

gailr42
11-20-2007, 02:25 PM
I am needing a pep talk, big time!!!! I am in MI taking care of DGS while another DGD is being born. This house is full of stuff I shouldn't eat, so the very minute GS wakes up from his nap, we are going to the grocery and getting some greens, veggies etc.

I have already had a peanut butter sandwich, a cheese sandwich, a bunch of graham crackers a few Ritz crackers and some guacamole:devil:. This must stop right now.

FlabulessPhyllis
11-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Just be good for the rest of the day and you'll be fine. Put the junk out of sight and go for a walk or do something with your hands. :)

bargoo
11-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Knock it off !!! You are doing great and are close to goal. Don't blow it !!!

mandalinn82
11-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Consider yourself kicked.

What can you do to get yourself away from the off-plan food? Can you and your GS make something for the new baby, or can you cook a ton of healthy meals to stick in the freezer? What about painting a "Welcome Home" sign for the new parents and baby? Anything to get you out of the kitchen until it is stocked with healthy items.

rynngo
11-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Get out the water bottle and keep on drinking! It will help to fill you up and keep you full and away from the junk. If you don't like plain water, get those on the go packets in a great flavor like pommegranite/cranberry. They're great!

freiamaya
11-20-2007, 04:49 PM
STOP. IT.
PUT a photo of yourself at your most unflattering and PUT IT ON THE FRIDGE. Do you want to be there again?????
There, kicking over!
Stressful time, especially at this joyful time. Eating helps one deal with it, for sure.
You can do this, just hang on for another day.
Maya
:)

gailr42
11-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Whew, thanks, I needed that. :lol: I took the GS to Trader Joe's this afternoon. He is quite a good little shopper. I made a nice stir fry with a little chicken for dinner. I made some turkey spaghetti sauce, too. The turkey from TJs tastes quite different from the Jennie-O stuff I usually get. I like the JennieO better. Anyway, that will help. I am sure I will still get into some of the treats, but at least I will be eating my oatmeal and salads and lean meat that I am used to and find filling. DIL has enough different granola bars around here to support an army! Granola bars are one of my "NO NOs". I think I need to go cut up an apple.

I am supposed to be making a welcome home baby sign - I think we will get to that tomorrow. "Baby" doesn't have a name yet. She was 9lbs 1oz, and 21 inches long. Big one!

mandalinn82
11-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Congratulations to you and your family!

Get to that apple, and remember, you have to keep healthy so that you can be a good GP for the kiddos...both the good shopper and the new unnamed little girl.

CountingDown
11-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Congrats on the new GD! Keep those healthy snacks close by. Lock up, or put up those granola bars. Sounds like you are gonna make it! I can't believe how close you are to your goal!

gailr42
11-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks for all the support. I did better today. My son and I went out for lunch and had sushi and miso soup. None of that seemed like it was totally fat laden, but it probably was. Everything else I ate was fine. I made up a big batch of Irish Oatmeal so all I have to do is heat it by the serving in the microwave.

Also, we walked DGS over to his day-care and we walked all over looking for the right place to eat. It was pouring down rain, so we were hustling. Plus I have been getting the laundry caught up and that involves running up and down the stairs which I am not used to and I can really feel it in my legs. It is just a little after 9pm EST and I am ready to go to bed!

JayEll
11-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Hey gailr42!

Actually, sushi is low fat. It's the carbs in the rice that bear watching. ;)

Sounds like you're doing good to me...

Jay

MelKnee
11-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Congratulations on the birth of your new grandchild!!:congrat:
And good for you for stocking the house with food to keep you on track!