Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #276

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #276

Marti
11-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support:grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting.:gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

tommysgirl18
11-19-2007, 04:09 PM
yay I get to be the first one to post on the new thread!!!

nothing really new on this end.....Tommy started yet another new job today. I will be glad when we finally hear from the complex about the job here! His last job was for $8 an hour, and this one is for $9 an hour. the kids are doing much better! right now the boys are still taking a nap and Marissa is sitting in the high chair next to me playing with her toys.

I will check back later to see how every one is doing on the start of this short work week.....for some

Jane
11-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Popping in with a quick hello. I had the CT scan today, and should have the results in a couple of days, which is sooner than I thought.

Did I tell you Katie and Clint picked their wedding date? It's Aug. 9. She's coming over tonight so we can take notes on some of the ideas and details. Yay! Tomorrow I'm going to her work at a huge preschool, as her guest for lunch. Then I'll start getting some things done for T'giving that I can do early.

Have a good one! :hug:

jules1216
11-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Jane--how exciting for Katie--I guess neither her or Teri ended up with Johnny. Hope you get your answers back quick-you are still in my prayers.

Mindee--glad Tommy got a higher paying job.

Everything is going good--my tooth still hurts a little--my cold is gone--still busy at work--Teri is fine....

Goodnight gals!!

FrouFrou
11-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Hmmm, didn't even know Katie was engaged! CONGRAT'S to her.

Jules...hope the tooth gets better.

Mindee..glad Tommy got a higher paying job and hoping he gets the job in the complex.

Nighty, night

tommysgirl18
11-20-2007, 01:50 AM
just a quick fly by from me......

jane~ it is good to hear from you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers while you wait for the results.

Sassy_Chick
11-20-2007, 02:00 AM
Hi Chicks.

Well I thought I had gotten all my sleep out of my system, NOT. I slept 12 hrs yesterday! :o I guess I was just really exhausted!

Sue -- I haven't started shopping either and I probably won't be do much of that anyways, due to our financial situation right now. lol. Luckily I did get my mil and my mom one small thing. lol. So far the neighbor has been quiet. My guess is he got a new desk or something because I think his office is directly below our bedroom. I like short hair too, it is a lot easier, but I know long hair can be nice to do different things with. Sorry to hear about your arm hurting, I hope it feels better. :hug:

Mindee -- Evan Almighty was cute, I don't think it was as good as Bruce Almighty, but cute. Hope you hear from the complex soon and glad the kids are feeling better!

Kelton -- :welcome: back! Glad your computer is fixed, I know that stinks when your computer is "sick" lol. Glad you are back on plan, I am too, well except for this week. lol.

Marti -- Glad your dinner was good, That is a good idea to WI on Thurs. morning. WTG on the exercising. :carrot: I still have yet to do any......I have spent most of my weekend off sleeping............lol.

Cristina -- So far "Noah" downstairs has been quiet, at least on the weekend he was. lol. Wow 79!! Yeah I think someone forgot to tell Mother Nature what time of year it is! lol. WTG on the walking! :D

Jane -- Fingers crossed that your results come back good. :congrat: to Katie and Clint! Have fun at lunch! :)

Jules -- Sorry your tooth still hurts, glad that you are over your cold, I am in the beginning of one I think........

Take Care All!

:hug:

FrouFrou
11-20-2007, 11:47 AM
'Morning ladies...

Just dropping by to say HI. :wave:

Nothing much going on...lots of laundry to do and go for my walk. Going to enjoy this beautiful weather while it's here...tomorrow back to the cold temps.

SASSY...glad you got some much needed sleep! 12 hours though, yikes! You must have been really tired.

Have a good day!

Jane
11-20-2007, 02:55 PM
The doctor's office called - the CT showed nothing suspicious in my lungs, and while she was at it, she gave me the results of the D &C tissue biopsy - all benign! :carrot: The amazing thing is, I've been OP throughout all this. I was tempted to overeat because of nervousness, but munched on freebie veggies when that hit.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It meant a lot to me!

Today I'm making a cranberry salad and taking care of a couple more things that can be done early. Tomorrrow evening Mary and Katie will be here helping me do all the night-before stuff, and we'll have fun with that.

Later, ladies. :hug:

jules1216
11-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Jane--what great news!! One more thing to be thankful for this holiday!!

Cristina--no laundry for me tonite--it was a baaadddd day at work today!! At least I love my coworkers or it would have been alot worse!! Laundry tomorrow though!! One load is some really cute little baby boy clothes!! That will make me smile!!

Sassy--how tired were you!! Sometimes when I sleep that much I feel more tired!! I forgot my antibiotics and pain medicene at work today. I think the thumping tooth and jaw made my day seem worse than it really was.

Mindee--hi & bye!!

Hi to everyone else--just got home and i really need to relax--I think I am going to bed early tonight.

pattygirl63
11-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi Ladies,

I haven't been here for a few days getting ready for DD and her family to arrive early tomorrow aftrenoon. I think I have all my food ready for T-day and the week end. I had planned to start SBD after T-Day, but my weight was going up so I am easing into it now. I've been on it for 2 days and I feel great. I will not be 100% OP until after the kids leave starting Sunday because we are going to eat out a lot this week end.

Jane - Terrific news and I am so glad you got the news before T-day so you can relax and enjoy it. CONGRAT'S on Katie and Clint setting their wedding date. A lot to be thankful for.

Cristina - DH walked by and saw your Avatar of Lights and said "How did she do that?"

Mindee - Glad Tommy got a better paying job and hope you get good news about his job soon.

Sassy - Glad it is quiet so you can catch up on sleep lost. I did that one day last week. I couldn't believe I had slept 12 hours. Very rare for me but I needed and you must have too.

Jules - I sure hope your tooth feels better soon.

I don't know how much I will be able to be here with all the company, but I will try to check in. So I will go ahead and wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving Day now and see y'all later.

Hugs,
Trish

Sassy_Chick
11-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi Ya Chicks!

Wow this weather is totally nutso! The last few days have been beautiful (what I've seen of them anyways.lol) and then on T'giving its going to be in the 30's??? Totally nuts! No wonder everybody is sick! I am battling a cold now, its in the beginning stages, but I can feel it. I've been taking dayquil when I get home, for some reason that stuff makes me sleepy, I think that is part of the reason I was so sleepy last weekend! lol.

I was a bad girl yesterday, but I am back OP today. :) Even with DH going through Wendys! I was not even hungry so did not get a thing from there! I ate before I left for work and I brought my dinner! ;) I am drinking my Mt. Dew though, hey I am working. lmao. I know not a good excuse, but one 20 oz can last me a whole shift or two even!

Hi Cristina -- Yeah I guess I was tired! lol. I do feel better now though! lol. I hope you enjoyed your walk in the lovely weather, while you can!!! Oh I see you copied off of me and got a peanuts avatar (in your signature)! lol. Just teasin ya! :p

Jane -- That is GREAT news! :woohoo: I am sooooooo happy for you! Big Big :hug: and WTG staying OP through it all! :high:

Jules -- I was really tired I guess. I actually feel much better, I guess I needed the sleep. I hope your tooth pain eases up!

Trish -- It was nice to get caught up on sleep. I guess I really needed it. Enjoy your company!

Where is Miss Marti??? I hope you are doing well, wherever you are! ;)

I want to wish everybody here a Very Happy Thanksgiving!!! :thanks1:

Katiecat
11-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Jane...all I can say is...

:carrot: :hug: :lol: :D :angel: :cp: :cb: :dance: :broc: :cheer2:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, that about sums it up :)

Love,
MK

Katiecat
11-20-2007, 09:36 PM
My DH almost NEVER forwards internet stuff, especially sappy stuff, but he sent this to me because he really liked it -- and I do too. I think it is just so appropriate for Thanksgiving.

I AM THANKFUL:

FOR THE WIFE
WHO SAYS IT'S HOT DOGS TONIGHT,
BECAUSE SHE IS HOME WITH ME,
AND NOT OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

FOR THE HUSBAND
WHO IS ON THE SOFA
BEING A COUCH POTATO,
BECAUSE HE IS HOME WITH ME
AND NOT OUT AT THE BARS.

FOR THE TEENAGER
WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT DOING DISHES
BECAUSE IT MEANS SHE IS AT HOME,
NOT ON THE STREETS.

FOR THE TAXES I PAY
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I AM EMPLOYED

FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE
BEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.

FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.

FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORK
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I AM OUT IN THE SUNSHINE

FOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING,
WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING,
AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME

FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING
I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT
BECAUSE IT MEANS
WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

FOR THE PARKING SPOT
I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING
AND I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION

FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I AM WARM.

FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH
WHO SINGS OFF KEY BECAUSE IT MEANS
I CAN HEAR.

FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.

FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES
AT THE END OF THE DAY
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN
CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.

FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFF
IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM ALIVE.

AND FINALLY, FOR TOO MUCH E-MAIL

BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE
FRIENDS WHO ARE THINKING OF ME.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone...

Sassy_Chick
11-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Very Sweet, MaryKate, thanks for sharing!

FrouFrou
11-20-2007, 11:51 PM
JANE...good deal on the good news!

SASSY...yeppers, I copied you, lol! Actually, I have a few of the charlie brown christmas avatars...one of my favorite things to watch every year since I was little. I love the peanuts gang! The weather is weird here as well. It was HOT, well, 72, at 12:30 today when I went for my walk and by 5 this evening it had dropped to 54-it's 44 now and still going down. Supposed to have a chance of rain, possibly some snow, ugh! Not ready for that.

JULES...toothaches will make a person a little grumpy for sure. Hope it is better now. At least you get some time off...woohoo! I know the little baby boy clothes would put a smile on my face. At mass Sunday there was a lady with a well behaved little girl...she looked about 3 and the little boys two rows in front of them were just horrible...she told her mother...that boy is noisy, lol. The mother of the boy took him out kicking and screaming...anyway, what I was getting at was the lady also had a baby, looked like it wasn't over a month old and that was the sweetest baby. OMG! It slept thru the whole service and the noisy boys...so sweet. i just wanted to go over and hold it.

MARYKATE...thanks for sharing that. It makes me think of another one sort of like that from Erma Bombeck...I am very thankful this year, for my family and friends.

TRISH...oh goodness, I didn't do that. I just find the avatars that are like that. I think they add a little something extra. I used this light one last year as well. Just love the colored lights of Christmas. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family! Enjoy your time with your family.

And a HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone else! Just in case you don't make it tomorrow.

Okay, just meant to say hi but get carried away.

Nighty, night.

da fat n da furious
11-21-2007, 12:36 AM
My thanksgiving was done last month,,,but I have a big THANK YOU! to who ever got those results back faster then anticipated. Jane, I am so relieved.
So is Oprah in Chicago?

Hello to everyone else!

Sassy_Chick
11-21-2007, 01:12 AM
Cristina -- I love the peanuts too. Its a classic........;) Yeah I know a chance of the big bad "S" word. lol. :snowglo:

Angie -- Hello to you as well. :wave:

tommysgirl18
11-21-2007, 02:20 AM
Jane~ That is great news!!! I am so happy that you were able to get the news quickly!

MaryKate~ I am going to have to send that email on!

just quickly passing through since I am in the middle of checking my email before going to bed......somewhat early....

Jane
11-21-2007, 06:22 AM
Hello ladies,

Marti - where oh where are you, dearie? Wrestling with a turkey?

Sue - thank you for the heartfelt PM, sweetie.

Jules - hope you got to relax and turn in early yesterday.

Trish - happy T'giving to you, too. Have fun with your DD and her family.

Sassy - hope your cold is better today, not worse. When I go to Wendy's with my niece each month, I get either the small chili and oranges, or the grilled chicken sandwich and oranges. Yum! Either choice is 5 WW points. You're doing fine, sweetie.

Mary Kate - thank you, thank you, thank you! I love the forwarded message from your DH, and printed it already, and will copy and paste to my sisters. So glad to see you posting, and I sure hope you keep it up! What's shaking for T'giving? Gonna cook or go elsewhere?

Cristina - thank you! I like the Peanuts gang, too. Did you see the neat ornament at the Hallmark House? Btw, I'm so very happy that you have Josh home for T'giving. What a blessing!

Angie - aww, thank you so much. Yes, Oprah is in Chicago. Was that a totally random question or did I miss something? You crack me up, and I just have to say how very, very happy I am that you are back! Chicago would be a great place to meet up someday. I know where there is an affordable condo very near the Mile, and the Loop.

Mindee - thank you. Hope you got some extra rest last night. What are your holiday plans?

Kelton - hope you're reading this, and will pop in. :hug:

Today I'll be doing some cleaning, and then, as I mentioned before, Mary and Katie will be here to help with the cooking that can be done early. I love these times together. Neal's brother will be here tomorrow evening from Louisianna, and I'll be glad to see him.

For those of you that may not make it in tomorrow, Happy Thanksgiving a little early. :hug:

jules1216
11-21-2007, 08:03 AM
Jane--I want to say again how happy I am that everything turned out fine

Mindee--hi & bye again

Sassy--I have to agree that snow is a four letter word!!

Ang--Hey there!!

Cristina--Teri says she hopes her little Dominick will be as good as her cousins baby Blaire and her god fathers baby Henry. They are both such sweet little guys and have really good personalities already

Katie--thanks--I really liked that too!!

Trish--have fun with the family this weekend!!

Well, I am off to bake pies and do some laundry and other cleaning!!

suetalks
11-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Jane- You are so welcome. I was happy to hear the good news. Sounds like you are one busy lady. Have a wonderful turkey day. Isn't it great to see family? Love it!

Jules- Hope the pies turn out great. I am not baking any this year for a change. I can imagine that you are getting excited about little Dominick's arrival. Just love those little clothes.

Cristina- Another Peanuts lover here. My kids used to get the books and, of course, we watched all the Charlie Brown specials. SO cute. Hug Josh tight for the rest of us here and have a happy thanksgiving with your family.

Sassy- Wow...you must have needed that sleep to fight off the cold. Hope you are feeling okay today. Did you say SNOW? LOL...we already had flurries this week and I hate it. (don't let Jane hear us dis snow. She loves it ya know)

Mindee- Happy Thanksgiving to you, Tommy and the little munchkins. Good luck to your DH on the job at the complex. I know what a struggle it is to find and keep a good job right now. My DD in CA is still looking even though she is doing some temp. work from home. The job market is fierce.

Angie- Ah, I had forgotten that your thanksgiving was earlier. DO you also have a big meal and family get togethers? So nice to see you here.

Trish- Have fun with your family. I am enjoying my son being here and tomorrow I will see my daughter. Good luck on SB. Have a friend who just lost 13 pounds and lowered her cholesterol by a bunch on SB. I HAVE to do something different, but just don't know what. Moving my hiney more would help. :(

MaryKate- Thanks for the poem...so good. Have a wonderful holiday.

Marti, Kelton and all the rest of the girls...(hey PJ, a shout out to you.)..I wish you all a beautiful Thanksgiving day.

DS has stayed right here at the house so far, but it is just a matter of time as his friends are circling. lol He and DH are in the workshop today since he wanted DH to show him all his woodworking equip. They are starting to build me a small half round table of walnut.

I am going out to plant the 10 trees I got from Arbor day foundation. Well, I should say the sticks I got. If even a couple make it I will be happy. At least my fear of trying to plant them in sub-zero weather didn't come true. It is very warm today, although damp and gray. WOuld be a beautiful day if only the sun would shine.

I am making some candy this afternoon and a pudding dish to take tomorrow to my brother-in-laws house. I am not cooking the huge meal this year...whew! Our nephew is home from Kuwait so they wanted to have the family in. Should be a real fun day and LOTS of us to boot. DS is happy he gets to see so many of the family. Too bad DD won't arrive until evening. She misses the dinner. But it will be nice to see her and catch up. She wanted to spend the week-end with her sis and brother. The young folks are going out Sat. night and then I am having dinner Sunday.

My DD's are thinking of shopping on Fri. and asked me to go. Ha...not on your life.

Mom is not feeling too well. I don't know if she will feel like celebrating Thanksgiving or just staying quiet. She did eat a meal last night, but mostly doesn't have much. She has already lost at least 20 pounds and I don't know how to stop that. I bought Ensure, but getting her to drink it is another story. When she feels good she is perky and ready to go until she tires out. It is a roller coaster ride for sure.

Sorry for being so windy, but I know I won't be back for a day or two.
Have a Happy holiday!

FrouFrou
11-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Hello ladies...

SUE...sorry your mom isn't feeling so great, hope she feels better soon. And enjoy your time with your family!

JANE...I would like to say I am enjoying my time with Josh but I'm not, lol. He has a girlfriend and I've not seen much of him, lol. But he will be here for TG as will she. Enjoy your time today with Mary & Katie.

MINDEE...Aloha! :wave: You are a busy little bee with the kiddoes aren't ya?

JULES...I bet Dominic will be just like his cousins. And I love that name, and David too! I call Josh that at times. Hope you jaw/tooh gets better soon...you shouldn't be in so much pain over a tooth...but they are the pits!

SASSY...yeah, don't say the "s" word. :nono: I am definitely not ready for any of that stuff.

Well, I got the pumpkin pie done, woohoo! Only have a cheesecake to make, brownies and cookies and some chopping and dicing, ugh! I plan on doing some, taking a break, doing more, taking a break, etc...and I plan on getting some exercise in between. That's the plan anyway, lol. Doing laundry as well. I want to get as much done so I can help Josh and V do lights and stuff tomorrow outdoors. Anywho...already almost one and I better get going or nothing will get done, lol.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

:turkey::thanks2:::thanks1: :thanks2: :turkey:

Marti
11-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Good Morning ladies--

Been out visiting yesterday. Spent a few hours at my sisters and chatted w/her while James played w/the kids. I think my sister welcomed the break of two little ones climbing all over her!

Did some of our TG dinner shopping. Have a couple more things to get and then tomorrow it will be just the three of us. Actually, we have a friend we invited that may stop by.

Having a difficult time walking. My sciatica is acting up. I pushed it on Monday and made it through 2miles. Last night.....I just couldn't do it. But tonight....I'll be back up there and trucking along.

I hope you all are doing well....I have some shopping to do (wonder if my bank account has been drained yet!) and I still need to shower....so you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow and I'll check back in when I have time and catch up!

Hugs to each and every one of you!

Neeters
11-21-2007, 02:35 PM
But I used to frequent here about a couple of years ago. At the time I was trying to lose my preganancy weight. Well I did, lose some but I am ashamed to admit that once again I was not able to keep it off.

I think that part of it is due to the fact that I started putting everyone else first again, and as a result stopped exercising and watching what I was doing, and following an unhealthy way of life.

I feel disgusted with myself for letting this happen yet again. However, since I know it does no good to berate myself, I have decided to do something about it instead and start living healthy again. Not just for my sake, but so I can set a good example for my daughter who is now 3 1/2. I NEED to do this.

The other day I was SHOCKED when my daughter told me that she didn't like her new winter coat because she said it made her look fat. My jaw dropped and I got really upset. I told her that she must never talk that way about herself, but then I realized that this is exactly what I do to myself.

I don't want this for her.

I NEED you ladies. I'm just sorry I've been gone for so long.

Anita

Neeters
11-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Hello ladies,

I posted a re intro thread a few minutes ago, but thought that I would just jump right in. I am determined to lose this weight for good. I'm done with fads, and lowcal low carb no carb no cal yaddda yadda yadda. I just want to be healthy.

I've missed you ladies.

Anita

Marti
11-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Anita--

I remember you! Welcome back! :hug::hug::hug:

So glad to see you back and no apologies needed, you're always welcomed here.

Looking forward to chatting w/you again and just know that we're all here for you and we'll support you in what ever you do.

Glad to see you again! :hug:

Marti
11-21-2007, 03:36 PM
We've missed you too Anita! Welcome back.

Just thought I would pop in real quick before I head out the door. How is everyone doing??

Jane--I am thrilled beyond words that you got such great news...and before the holidays! Wonderful.

The rest of you gals....I promise to catch up later on.

Have a great day ladies! :hug:

tommysgirl18
11-21-2007, 04:55 PM
hello ladies......before I forget to send this out.....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

ok, now back to regular scheduled programing. Brandon's finger slipped out once today, so he got in trouble for that. Then tried to blame it on his ring finger.

Jane~ Our plans are simple......we are staying home! my MIL volunteered us to have Thanksgiving here, at Logan's birthday party earlier this month. So, it will be us, my MIL, my FIL and one of my BILs.

Jules~ hi and bye again! I hope the pies turn out great!!

Sue~ I hope your mama starts to feel better soon. How did the planting go?

Cristina~ Aloha! Man, I wish the weather here in MI is the same as it is in HI!! Busy little bee, seems to be an understatement lately! That would be the way I would do it. Do some, take a break, do some more, take a break, etc.

Sassy~ You are not the only one with a chance of the *s* word. we are suppose to be getting some tomorrow.

Marti~ Sounds like you guys have been busy!!! I hope your sciatica is doing better today.

Anita~ Welcome back! I am not sure if we met or not. I am Mindee. It is nice to meet you!

tommysgirl18
11-21-2007, 05:11 PM
my mom just sent me this in an email, so I figured that I would post it here. enjoy!

http://www.cpmsglife.org/tg/2006tdm1.html

Jane
11-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Welcome back, Anita! I remember you, too, and am so glad to see you posting here again. :hug: We'll all help each other through the holidays, and right into 2008, ok?

Please come on over to the Weight Loss & Chitchat thread. See you there! :)

jules1216
11-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Mindee--that was really pretty

Marti--hey there!! Hope the sciatica gets feeling better!!

Anita--welcome back!!

Cristina--I just hope he sleeps as much as his momy did--Ryan required only a little sleep and still is like that--Teri slept through the night early and then took nice long naps--she still needs more sleep than most people

Sue--I make really good pie crust but get frustrated rolling out the dough so hubby takes over--he lived with his grandparents and his grandmother was known for her homeade pies and bread--he learned from her and so he takes over for me

Hope everyone is having a great night!!

jules1216
11-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Harpers Ferry WV is about 20 minutes from my house--Ryan used to work at the Armory Pub there and hiking on the CO canal on the MD side of the Potomac and crossing a bridge and hitting Jefferson Rock (named for Thomas Jefferson) was one of there favorite weekend hikes. It's got a beatiful old stone church and lots of neat little shops-they are gearing up for Christmas and it looks like fun, if hubby's not gonna go with me I will get my mom or Ryan.
Here's the link:
http://historicharpersferry.com/index.asp

sz2atheart
11-21-2007, 09:39 PM
:turkey: :thanks2: :thanks1:

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies!!

Again, I've been MIA for too long. Was visiting the in-laws in NC for several days last week. My sis from WVA was visiting Sun & Mon and then I've had to work from Tue-Thur this week. Yes, I have to work turkey day tomorrow. Gotta do it every other holiday so I have Christmas off this year. :D

Jane--congrats on your wonderful news!! I've so happy and relieved for you!

While at work tomorrow, I'll try to find a computer that does not have a block on it so I can catch up on everyone and post some indy's. I hope everyone has a relaxing day tomorrow. How many of you crazy ladies head out to the stores early on black Friday?? I'll be out there, but not as early as the 4 a.m. opening that Kohl's and Penney's plan to have. I don't have a clue as to what I might buy but I LOVE TO SHOP!!

FrouFrou
11-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Hello ladies...

Man I am pooped! Going to sleep good tonight though. I did get things done that I wanted to. Exercise and food cooking/prep. i am ready for tomorrow...to be over that is, lol.

MINDEE...hey, it's a start...Brandon will quit using the finger soon enough. I tried that link and right now this stupid computer is sooooo slow...I will try to look at it tomorrow.

MARTI...good to see you checking in. Sorry you weren't able to walk.

JULES...your link came up but Mindees didn't. And man, what a beautiful place!

ANITA...good to see you back!

TAMMY...I will be thinking of you Friday! You can do some shopping for me, lol. I did the black Friday once and while it wasn't bad at all, I didn't find anything either. But this was years ago and I would not brave the crowds...might break a hip getting knocked down, lol. I'm kidding of course. Just don't care for the crowds and the traffic though. I love to shop online and have it delivered to my door, lol! Or go to the mall when everyone is working and the kids are in school.

Okay, I am off to bed...gotta get my beauty sleep.

FrouFrou
11-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Hello and :welcome: back Anita! Has it really been two years?! Wow, I do remember you but didn't think that much time had passed. Good to have you back.

Sassy_Chick
11-22-2007, 01:06 AM
:thanks1: Happy Thanksgiving, Chicks!!!!!!! :turkey:

Hi all,

I hope you all are having a wonderful Thanksgiving when you read this...lol. I am yes, at work. :comp: Luckiliy this is MY Friday! :D

When I go home in the morning, I have to bake a Pecan Pie for my FIL, its his favorite. ;) I am trying a new recipe that is from Paula Deen, it has Bourbon in the pie. So maybe it will make my FIL very happy! lmao. Nah its only 2 tbls or something small like that. lol.

DH has already made the sweet potato casserole. Our dinner will be around 5:30 or 6 p.m., mostly because of me, since um I do need some sleep. lmao. Of course maybe I should stay up cuz Turkey makes you sleepy, right? lmao. I can see me crashed in the middle of my Turkey Dinner. lmao.

I've been quite good, if I do say so myself. :smug: I've been sticking to it and if I want something, I eat it, only just a small amount. ;) I am making good decisons and I am proud of me. :cheer: lol. Now just have to work on the exercise part. lol. Even my jeans I put on today are loose! :carrot: (we get to wear casual wear all week at work :p)

I talked to my mom lastnight, she is going to get her Doppler Study done and its only going to cost her $48! A Doppler Study in case some of you don't know, is to check how much blockage she has in her artery that is blocked. Her blood pressure is going down and dr is keeping her on her BP meds for now.

The in-laws got my DH a new winter coat and two new belts for his bday/Christmas. (his bday is 12/11) The coat is very nice and it was only $59 or something! That is very good esp for my DH who is 6'8" and a big guy. ;) I just don't understand how he always gets great things like that, that he can use, and I get stupid things that I have to stick in my closet or catches dust. Why can't I get a new coat? :cry: LMAO I'm just whining here. I need me some cheese I know. lol. I'm grateful for what they give me, but I would rather have nothing than something that isn't practical, but that is just me. lmao. Plus I know they are on a limited income and I don't want them spending money on me anyways, but my mil is a shopaholic and now that she is disabled she is a home-shopaholic. lol.

Boy I'm just writing a book here. Geez. I guess I should stop now!

I'm gonna try an "all-in-one" instead of individuals. Sorry Ladies. :^: I wll do indy's on the weekend when I'm off. :)

Okay -- Snow, yes I went ahead and said it, Snow. We haven't gotten any, so far as I know anyways, but I think Chicago is getting hit. I love Wendy's chili, it is yummo! lol. There is no way in Haites you could get me out there in that mess on "Black Friday" :no: I will stay home and relax thank you. lol. Sorry to hear about your sciatica acting up, Miss Marty, I hope it gets better! ;) :hug: Sue, I can never make candy, it just never turns out right! lol. My DH has made some toffee though that was great! :D

Okay So I guess I did do Indy's, sorta. lmao.......

BIG BIG :hug:

tommysgirl18
11-22-2007, 02:36 AM
:turkey: :thanks2: :thanks1: :happ3:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING LADIES!!!

Cristina~ I especially thought of you when I saw the link that I posted.

Jules~ Harper's Ferry is very beautiful!

Tammy~ We are not going shopping on Black Friday! We did that last year just to pick up a Christmas tree. We wandered around Wal-Mart for two hours just to let the lines dwindle down some. (it didn't happen....but it was worth a shot)

Sassy~ I have watched Paula's Party and I saw the one episode where it was all about pies! Boy oh boy, does she love to use her butter when making pies! I kind of had to chuckle when I was reading about your presents that your in-law's get you. My grandma got my sister Megan's ex-hubby an empty box for Christmas one year. Another year, she got my sister Wendy's husband ONE recipe card.

Marti
11-22-2007, 11:29 AM
:turkey::thanks2:Happy Thanksgiving :thanks2::turkey:

Marti
11-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Good Morning Ladies...

I'm getting ready to prepare dinner.....crazy how we get up so early so we can prepare dinner! Wanted to pop in and report my WI. I'm shocked really. I'm down 1.4lbs!! (Couldn't quite make it an even 1.5) So even when I had an indulging dinner this past weekend, I stayed OP the rest of the week and got my exercise in...........I may be able to get pass Thanksgiving too.

Right now I'm sitting at 146.4lbs. I'm pleased w/that. It may be hard, but I just might get to 140 by my birthday. (Gosh....I can't remember when I was at this weight....been too long!)

Ok...I've got cooking to start and here I am rambling on making this an "all about me" post.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving ladies! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
11-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Anita,
I remember you! Welcome back to 3fc!
My little girl is 5 1/2 now and she picks up on my weight comments and sees me weighing.
She will jump on the scale herself and say she is getting fat. How little ears pick up things! The last thing I want is for her to have a low self image.
It is nice to have you back!
Susan

Neeters
11-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Hey susan. I remember you. How is your sweet angel. Mine is 3 1/2 now and I can hardly beleive it.

jules1216
11-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Marti--146--WOW!!!

Happy Thanksgving everyone!!

I had a little bit of everything,but tried not to overindulge--kids are taking most of the leftovers home with them....Teri and Dave still have to go to his parents..she says she is already full!! Right now Teri is napping and Dave, Ryan and hubby are playing in the garage. Ry is going to spend the night tonight and i will take him back tomorrow. Teri said she was so tired but wanted to spend time with me instead of going to sleep--I told her with her Black Friday work schedule she better sleep while she can!! Will have some pictures later!! I am happy to say all the dinner dishes are done and the food put away--we only have pie left....

Katiecat
11-22-2007, 07:00 PM
I talked to my son Erik today. He is in South Dakota, in the Air Force.

He is being deployed to Qatar. :cry:

pattygirl63
11-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Good Evening Ladies,

Jules I am happy to say that I only ate off plan at dinner time. I was OP for breakfast and an evening snack. I brought home enough leftovers for everyone to have tomorrow and I can stay OP while they eat their stuff. Only brought dessert that my grandson will eat. The rest of us won't eat any of it. Left my tempting pecan pie at SIL's house for her DS to eat. So over all I did really good and I am proud of myself.

Katiecat - Glad you got to hear from you DS, but sorry he must leave the states.

Hope everyone else had a good T-day.

Trish

da fat n da furious
11-23-2007, 12:02 AM
Hello Anita, I do remember you. Fellow Canadian and all. Did you do the Dr. Bernstein diet?
Welcome back!

da fat n da furious
11-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Hello everyone and I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Anyone going shopping? Over here we even notice when all of you guys are out spending! Our banking system has huge delays.

Jules,,,ah man do you remember that last few weeks when your feeling huge? I feel for Teri.

Marti,,is there anything that can be done for that nerve of yours? One of my drivers swears by this oil called AXE oil,,,he buys it in China Town...he bought me some for Tanner. Great for rubbing into the muscles/nerves,,,kinda gives a tingley fealing. (a lite version of A535)OMG, I was at my friend Lynda's house and she made a ornament from a clear glass ball! it has a cute little snow man inside it and fake irredecent snow flakes. Loved it. Thinking Im going to do a card class with her...on top of my scrap booking...Ive run out of pictures...and Tanner my normally easy going sure you can take a pic of me is now,,ah man not again....*shrug

Yes Jane,,,you are right about Chicago. Your so smart! *grin

Mindee,,,what did you mean about Brandon's finger slipping? Was he helping you type?

Sassy,,,Im sending you my address for you to fed ex me a slice of that pie! yummers.
Monte and I watched the bio of Paula Dean,,,what a remarkable woman. Would love to meet her.

So I had a meeting last night,,,Stress and your Health. It was good,,,but nothing I really didn't already know. Today I had my 1 on 1 with my dietian. It went well. She put my on the waiting list. She figures I will be meeting the surgeon in Feb. not that long.
I really really hate yoga...and I need to do another activity. Out comes the bike I guess,,,or I should say dust off the bike.

Well off to bed,,,,night all!

FrouFrou
11-23-2007, 12:26 AM
TRISH...WTG with staying OP most of the day. Hey, we have to indulge a little for thanksgiving, don't we? ;) You did good though! :woohoo:

JULES...:woohoo: to you too! Hope Teri got lots of sleep!

MINDEE...it took a while but I waited to see what the link was about, especially when you said you thought of me! :D That was really nice...I liked it and wrote down the link to go back and look at it over and over. We all DO have many things to be thankful for and the Troops are one thing I am very thankful for.

MARYKATE...so glad you got to talk to Eric but sad to hear he will be going to Qatar. Lots of hugs to you. :hug: :hug:

SASSY...funny about the gifts...I have gotten my fair share of useless gifts in the past. It's like...what the heck were you thinking when you bought that? Lol

MARTI...WTG on the 1.4 loss! :bravo:

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving Day.

Sassy_Chick
11-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Hello Chicks.

Did very well with T'giving dinner cuz well it wasn't that great, so oh well I didn't overindulge at least! Fil loved his pie.

Well I am off to bed cuz I am tired and grumpy right now.......(I'll admit it!) lol.

Ta Ta!

Jane
11-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Hello ladies,

Jules - wow, your sweet little grandson will be here before you know it! I remember that I wasn't exactly Miss Susie Sunshine right before giving birth, just wanted it OVER. Nine months is too long, lol.

Sue - I used to have a couple of 1/2 moon tables back in the day. Foolishly, I replaced them with more modern stuff, and now I wish I had them back! How'd your mom do yesterday? Did she eat anything?

Cristina - so do you like Josh's girlfriend? Could she be "the one"?

Anita - yay for you being back OP and eating healthily. When/if you want to, please fill out a bio in the stickied thread, ok?

Marti - WOOHOO for the 1.4 pounds down! :cp: How's the sciatica?

Mindee - how'd the dinner go? Did you do all the cooking? Hopefully, others brought some food, too.

Tammy - I wondered where you've been. No, I don't get into the Black Friday shopping anymore. I used to, though, when I was trying to find certain toys for the kids. I remember running to get a Teacher Barbie, lol. Thank goodness those days are over. A couple of years ago, my DDs went out early to get a laptop for me. I was home snuggled and warm in my bed, lol.

Sassy - yay for loose jeans! :carrot: My MIL used to buy the coolest stuff for Neal, and give me the worst stuff ever. It got to be a joke because it's almost like she went out of her way to get the ugliest thing out there. Like you, I'm not greedy, or thankless, but sheesh!

Mary Kate - so glad you got to talk to Eric, but sorry to hear he's going to Qatar. How're things going with SD and toddler?

Trish - yay for planning ahead, and for leaving the pie at your SILs. :cp:

We had a great holiday, and the kids were here all at the same time, which was really nice. Neal's brother Paul was here from Louisiana, and the two of them yakked up a storm, lol. I ate too much, but did not pig out, and am hoping for at least a tiny loss at weigh in tomorrow.

No shopping for me today. Instead, I'll begin putting up the Christmas tree and decorations. We'll have to move some furniture around for that. The lights outside won't go up until Monday, since it's so cold now, but will be warmer then.

What's on your to-do list today?

pattygirl63
11-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Looks like we all did very well. Didn't sleep much (grandkids running up and down stairs starting at 6 something this morning) so I am cranky this morning. Weight looks like it might be up a little bit, but I am back OP of Phase 1 SBD for 2 weeks as of today. I'm not waiting another day to do it.

I don't do Black Friday shopping. Did it once with DD when I married her Dad and moved to FL. It wasn't too bad, but if this little town is like our city where I'm from in TX cars are out to the street at the malls. So I have no plans to go any where today. DH and I have all our shopping done. Will mail gifts off Monday to family in other states. Sending DD's families gifts home with her and we are through. We shop all through the year for everybody. For the most part we choose our own gifts we want, bring them home and he wraps mine and I wrap his then by Christmas we've pretty much forgotten what we bought so we get a little surprised. We do buy each other a little something that we didn't pick out ourselves, but for the most part by picking it our ourselves we get what we want. Also keeps us from having to return anything. DIL fusses because her DH never likes what she buys and takes it back. I've tried to tell her that if she lets him buy it or pick it out she wouldn't have that problem. When their "toys" are so expensive it is easier to have them buy them so we get the right things the first time. Just our way.

Well better run. Y'all have a great day!!!

Trish

jules1216
11-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Trish--wow I wish I was done! My Mom is almost finished too. I don't do Black Friday shopping after working retail. I remember working out Montgomery Wards on Black Friday during the Cabbage Patch rampage days...

Jane--she is starting to drop a little, her belly looks so cute!! SHe definitely has a FULL range of emotions going on.

Sassy--hope you wake up a little less grumpy--too much excitemnent can do it to ya!!

Cristina--Teri slept some at Dave;s parents too--little Lily didn't want her to sleep--she wanted all her attention. Teri made it through the first shift and is home sleeping before the next one. She wanted to stop in the OshKosh & Carters stores at the outlets before going home but was too tired.

Ang--yea I remember...she is ready to pop the baby out now!! Unfortunately I am bigger now than when I was at my highest pregnancy weight with no baby to show for it!! :(

Katie==hugs to you and your son!!

Well, Ry stayed spent the night here and I have to run him home!!

jules1216
11-23-2007, 01:53 PM
OK....I REALLY hate me in pictures but here goes...Ryan, my son has the long hair & Dave, Teri's bf has short hair...other guy is hubby of course and my beautiful Teri.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=msegrlr.16rbonsf&Uy=-hw9r2u&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0

Mom2Gaby
11-23-2007, 02:49 PM
I know, they grow up fast Anita!! My sweetie keeps me company & sane from the teens and their antics! Gab started K this year and is busy with swim lessons, she loves the water.
PM me anytime and welcome back again to the site!

Marti
11-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Hello girls....

Another quicky here since I want to spend more time w/my DD before I take her home.

Thanksgiving was great. I ate what I thought was pretty good. A spoonful of everything, but all those spoonfuls add up to a large plate! :o But one round was good for me....usually get more. Then later get more. One plate and then a few hours later a small piece of pie and all was good.

Hope you're all enjoying your Friday. How many of you had to work? I would have had to if I wasn't on vacation. Glad I'm home.

Ok....off I go.

sz2atheart
11-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Obviously I didn't get on-line to catch up on individuals yesterday. It was the busiest Thanksgiving I have ever worked. Hardly stopped all day. Collapsed in bed last night to get ready for Black Friday. Alright all you BF party poopers, here is the blow-by-blow shopping experience....

Hit Kohls at 6:15 (no, I wasn't crazy enough to get there at 4:00a.m.) Got my son and future DIL a steam cleaner and saved over $75. Bought DD some crazy heated back massager for $127, a few sweaters, socks and such...spent $385 and got back $70 in Kohls dollars to spend this comming week.

On to JCP after a quick Egg McMuffin (I know, the least calories on the breakfast menu) and bought my mom an outfit and saved 50%. I then saw a jewelry armoire that I liked that would match my bedroom furniture. I already have an oak one but my furniture is now cherry. I ordered one on-line from a furniture store last week for $419 but it is back-ordered until Jan 1. JCP's armoire was $300 on sale for $225 and then as an early morning special it was reduced to $179. Well all they had was the floor model and gave it to me for $115!!! Boy, was I on a roll!!

Hit Sears for a bunch of little tool gifts for the men in the family and got everything for 50% off and then another $10 off coupon.

On to Macy's and Boscov's and got a few more items, saved over $100.

Finally got a salad for lunch about 12:30 and rested our legs.

Got a call from DD saying that the garage door opener was broke so we headed home to unload everything and dh decided to try to fix the door opener himself so.....on to Sears parts and service center and I found a Spot Bot (small carpet spot cleaner) on clearance, because the box was damaged, reduced from $129 to $95.

We were finally winding down and hit Target for a Geo Forman for step dd and a few wrapping items.

Last stop was the Hess Station for a Hess truck for my DS. I have bought him one since the year he was born 1985. He still collects them.

Whew....I had a successful day, no fights in the stores, no shoving or pushing, even dh and I managed to not kill each other!! On my way now to heat up leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner that I didn't get a chance to eat yesterday.

I may even hit the stores again tomorrow!!

tommysgirl18
11-24-2007, 02:50 AM
hello ladies.....I hope every one has recovered from Thanksgiving.

We had an interesting one to say the least. We had my MIL, FIL, BIL, and a friend of ours and her son. Our friend and her son had come over since her husband was being an idiot. (they are in the process of a divorce, so he was making it rough since she had to work until 2) we did all the cooking, so it was interesting again. But it all turned out well......with the food. Our friend's husband ended up starting an argument with her while she was at our place, so her and her son stayed the night.

Friday night,we got a baby sitter and went out on a date. We went to dinner and then to Wal-Mart and Meijers to get some ideas for the kids. Then we came home and spent some time with our friend's who watched the kids, then off to bed they went! Now, I am catching up on emails from the past couple of days, and relaxing a little.

Tommy talked to the office manager about working here at the complex. She told him that the bank approved two workers, but they would be part time until the remodeling gets done and then they would be gone. So, she told him to stick it out where he is at now, and then once they get rid of the older of the three maintenance guys, then she will push for him to get hired. She said that the most they are willing to pay is $12 an hour, but hey it is great for what he would be doing! But, she did tell Tommy to come into the office on Monday to introduce himself to her boss, since she has told him so much about Tommy. (that way he will have a face to put with the name when she talks about him)

Angie~ What I meant by his finger slipping was that he flipped the bird to Tommy. (he found his middle finger and realized that he knows how to use it.....until he gets in trouble for it)

Jane~ We did most of the cooking. My MIL brought a mince meat pie and a pumpkin pie. But basically, every thing else we did. Oh....she brought a can of cranberries, but the rest we figured out how to work it all.

Jane
11-24-2007, 09:52 AM
See you at # 277!