South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-19-2007, 12:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Default A few Questions

Hi, I have few questions concerning the Plan.

Is the dessert eaten with dinner or alone or does it matter?

Do find eating out a problem? What do/did you eat when you go to restaurants on Phase 1?

Also since I'm starting this in the week Thanksgiving is in, I'm thinking of doing 3 weeks Phase 1 so I will have two weeks of actual Phase 1 OP. Do you think that will be acceptable? I remember in the book they allowed a man to do Phase 1 a little longer than 2 weeks although I wasn't clear on why they let him do that.

Thanks,
Trish
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Patty when I was on phase 1 I did not eat out at all and I had a great weight loss of 8lbs for those 2 weeks so not eating out was worth it. I am now in phase 2 and I eat out every friday as it is a family tradition - I order baked or grilled fish chicken sometimes steak side salad & lots of veggies of course all sauces on the side. Phase 1 for 3 weeks maybe if you go over board on thanksgiving do an extra day or two but I don't think you will need to. Good luck and be sure to keep us posted on your progress.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Patty!

Glad you're asking your questions!

I find eating out on P1 to be destructive. It's SO hard to find all the hidden sources of sugar when eating out. Honestly, I'd avoid it as much as possible, or just have a diet soda and then eat when you get home (or eat before). Or bring your own dressing and order a house salad without carrots or croutons. I just find it easier to eat at home. I did 2 straight weeks of Phase 1 without any cheats (I did have some 3 bean salad on the Friday before I finished, not knowing that it had sugar in it...just had 2 bites...and it happened during the only time I ate out in P1) and I lost 28 lbs+ at the end. Just my $0.02.

You really want to have 2 straight weeks of Phase 1. If you eat sugar in the middle, you'll need to do P1 again for 2 weeks. That's a lot of time if you do it for a week before T-day. So, maybe just try to eat as healthy as you can (Phase 1.5?) until Thanksgiving and start P1 the day after? You really can't experiment with eating off plan until you've done P2 for a while and know what you can and can't eat and still lose.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Hi Patty,
I unfortunately had to eat in restaurants during Phase 1 as I manage restaurants for a living. I always order plain grilled chicken breast or salmon(make sure they cook it on the charbroiler to avoid bad fats) and romaine or spinach lettuce and brought my own dressing. Beware of grilled vegetables as they usually are made with some kind of butter unless you do a salad bar and get raw veggies. I agree with the other ladies though if you can avoid it, it will make Phase 1 ALOT easier. Good luck!
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Thanks for the advice. I think I will stay as close to SBD as I can and maybe not so srict OP this week since we will be eating our and get things ready for strict OP next week. I really want a good strict 2 week Phase 1 so I get a really good start. I didn't have everything ysterday when I started so I improvised the dessert making the Jello dish in the recipes with cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese and it was very good. I got u[ today feeling great and "light" as I was not stuffed when I went to bed. I love this feeling. So I won't eat too far off of SBD this week. I think it is the small amount of foods several times a day rather than 3 big meals. I'm going shopping today and wll get the foods I need so I can have all the right foods next week. Have a great day!!

Last edited by pattygirl63; 11-20-2007 at 09:39 AM.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote