LA Weight Loss - Nov 19 - 25 Losers and Friends Thread

aguerin
11-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Good Morning All. This is a first for me (getting to start the thread). Hope everyone had a great POP weekend. I DID without cheating. Yea Me!

Ternoway
11-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Congrats on the POP weekend Amy! I had a few little cheats this weekend so I'm hoping that it doesn't show too badly at WI this morning. Hope everyone has a great day!

Ternoway
11-19-2007, 09:53 AM
I just went to WI and still managed to lose 2.5 pounds this weekend despite eating more than a few left over Halloween candies. YAY! Hopefully they won't come back to haunt me later on this week.

MomOfThreeTeens
11-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Good Monday morning everybody! Hope everybody had a great weekend!
I am determined to make it through Thanksgiving without gaining weight! Last year between Thanksgiving and New Years I lost 10 pounds! I remember how good it felt to leave my dads after dinner last year and not be so full I felt sick! I'm going to make myself go to WI on Saturday to keep myself in check! I will NOT be a pig on Thanksgiving, so there! LOL

Kim #3, hope you feel better soon chickie! And thanks, I did have a great birthday and didnt over indulge at dinner which felt great! DH gave me money for my birthday to go shopping. I had nothing long sleeved to wear since I started my weight loss journey this time last year. Everything for cold weather was GONE from my closet because I will never need that size again!!!

Hope everybody has an amazing week and heres to surviving Thanksgiving. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

sscott
11-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Happy Monday all!

Amy - Congrats on you POP! Weekends are always a little more challenging!

Ternoway - 2.5 lbs! Yeah for you! Keep up the hard work!

I am getting more and more excited for Thanksgiving. I love getting together with family. The scale is finally headed back down in the right direction. Still don't know why it went up, but atleast I'm headed back down. Unfortunately my TOM is just around the corner so it will probably head back up a little. Two steps forward two steps backward :)

I was thinking about doing a TO after Thanksgiving, but I can't afford the juice. Any other suggestions of things you guys have tried?

Joni135
11-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Amy - congrats on your no cheat weekend! Ternoway, hope that 2.5 lb loss sticks!

I cannot believe it's Thanksgiving weekend already. DH and I are in limbo with our plans. We are scheduled to spend the weekend with family in Florida, but may have to head to Memphis, TN to spend time with DH's mom who got some bad health news last week. In the meantime, I cannot really even plan meals since logistics will play a factor. Oh well, y'all know I won't starve!

Nicole - how'd the painting project go??

Work is super busy, so this is just a quick hi and to let everyone know I am THANKFUL for all the friends I met on this Board this past year.

Joni135
11-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Stacy - there are LOTS of options other than the pricey take off juice from the center:

You can buy 2 bottles of the Knudsen Morning Blend juice and each day you mix 6 oz water, 26 oz Knudsen's juice and 8 teaspoons Benefiber powder. This seems to be the closest in taste/nutrition to the COD juice.

OR

instead of juice, use 1 orange, four times a day (some folks have even used grapefruit)

OR

instead of juice use 4 cups of cataloupe

bayoubelle68
11-19-2007, 11:18 AM
*Like an idiot, I first posted this on last week's thread!! So here it is again!

Happy Monday, everyone! I'll be working at our old house today to get the rest of our stuff out so we can put the house on the market! A great way to spend my Thanksgiving break!

I'm also doing TO today and tomorrow. Thought I would get as many pounds off as possible before Thanksgiving Day! I know that I'm going to indulge a bit. But I also know that it won't be as bad as it usually is since I have to weigh in on Saturday! I'm making most of the sides, so I'm using low-fat, low-sodium ingredients. Still, broccoli cheese casserole and spinach madeline can only be adjusted so much before they turn to crap! I am also bringing broccoli slaw (which will likely be my saving grace!), honey-glazed carrots, pecan pie, pumpkin cheesecake, and - best of all - the rolls. Our school cafeteria ladies actually sold those yummy school rolls (frozen) as a fundraiser! They were only $3 a dozen. My big brother is so excited about those rolls! My mom and dad are cooking the turkey and dressing (Daddy's dressing is FAMOUS!), English peas, black cherry salad, and sweet potato pie (Mom uses my great-great grandmother's recipe and it's to die for!). My brother and SIL are bringing devilled eggs, hot potato salad, and a spiral ham. Now mind you, all of this food is for 10 people! The good news is that I can come home and leave it all there! We usually bring so much food home with us that we can have Thanksgiving for 3 or 4 more days! I will be very selective about what I bring home this year.

Nighttime potty training was going really well for my DD. We started just wearing regular panties to bed a little over a week ago and she hadn't had any accidents. Then last night, for some odd reason, she fell asleep on the couch at 6:30! She is such a night owl! I hope she's not coming down with something. Maybe it's just a growth spurt. Anyway, we put her to bed at 7:30 and she came to my room at 12:30 to tell me that she had wet the bed. ("Mommy, I tee-teed in my bed and it's all wet like a great big swimming pool!") I got up to change her and the sheets and she went back to bed. I hope this doesn't set her back! She's been doing so well!

Okay - time to mix up some of that nasty TO juice and start my day!

sscott
11-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks Joni for the tips. I guess that takes away the "I just can't afford to do a TO" excuse. Bummer :)

LizzyW
11-19-2007, 11:33 AM
GM all,

I had a great weekend. Stayed POP and the scale shows me at 167.4 today. I am so proud of myself. This is probably the first POP weekend in a very long time. Weekends are so hard because it is family time when we get to go shopping, movies, or whatever else, so we are out a lot. But I managed to do it. YIPPEEE for me!!!!

Amy - congrats on staying POP too. Doesn't it feels good?

Ternoway - congrats on the 2.5 loss despite the candy.

Kim - Yes we can do this. It doesn't take much for me anymore to make me full. So I am going to use that to my advantage. I hope I don't go over board. But I know if I do, I can get it right back off again.

Stacy - Glad to hear the scale is moving in the right direction now. So is mine and I am glad. As far as TOM, I had a bit of a gain when it first started, but lost it shortly after. I hate water gain and the munchies.

Joni - Sorry to hear about DH's mom. I hope she will be alright. She and you are in my thoughts. As for Thanksgiving, I can't believe it is here either. It was just here, or at least it seems that way. I can't believe Christmas is next month. It really feels like I just took down the tree.

Felicia - Good luck on the TO. I can't do that anymore. I get to hungry, so if I need to do something, I think I may do the 5 day plateau breaker. At least with that I can still eat normally. As far as the wetting the bed incident, I think it was just because her schedule was off. If she gets right back to what she is used to, she should be alright. But because she went to bed so early, her body lost track and wasn't able to tell her she needed to go. I hope she gets back to her routine and all goes well.

Well, I had better get some work done today. A little at least. LOL. Have a great POP day everyone and will talk to you tomorrow.

Liz

cecil
11-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi girls! I have to make this quick. I have to start work in one min. He he! Anyway I had a good weekend stayed POP all weekend. I even went out to the bar which I had been avoiding so I wasn't tempted. And I managed to not have a drink the whole time. I was pretty pround of my self. I didn't realize when I started this that I was going to stop drinking too. But it has been 16 days. No alcohol and POP the whole time. Anyway.Good luck to everyone this week. Thanksgiving will be tough. But we can do it! WI tomorrow can't wait! Ha ha! Have a good day ladies!

smjezzy
11-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Morning all. Well I gained everything back this weekend. It was such a hectic weekend. I took my son on college visits so it was fast food Friday and Saturday. We were in the car for most of both of those days.

Sunday back to my Mom's for Thanksgiving. I didn't eat any pie and really did pretty good on Thanksgiving food. I really did want to taste that butterscotch pie though, my son said it was better than normal. I did "sample" some of what was left in the pan when I cooked it but I didn't get a piece. I was a semi-good girl. I think most of what I gained is the water again. I'm sure there was some fat thrown in there as well!

On a positive note I won't do bad Thanksgiving. I'm expecting a full house and we are doing Mexican food. I can control that since I'm cooking it. No pies or sweets.

Going to try to hit the gym today. Very stressful here lately so I think some exercise will help in that area too.

Here's to a POP few days leading to Thanksgiving then a POP or real close to it Thanksgiving. :D

Kim0303
11-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Amy, Yeah for the POP weekend!!!! That definately is difficult!

Ternoway, Congrats on the loss! Yeah! That is great.

Stacy, Joni is right on with the substitutions. I personally like the Morning Blend juice the best. For the cantelope, I was told to eat one a day (1/4 of it 4 times during the day). The ones we have around here a yukky right now.

Kim#2, Glad you had a great BD dinner and you got to go shopping. I hear you on the clothes. I have already sold $200 worth on ebay and dropped 2 bags off at Salvation Army. So I now have money to buy more. I am not going back to that size either. I don't have a choice now unless I go naked! That is a scary thought! I wish I could lose 10 pounds between now and New Years. Gosh it seems SLOOOOWWWW!

I went to WI today and was down several pounds and she tripped out on me. I told her I have been ill and not eating. Don't think she was happy with that but it is hard to eat when you can't breathe through your nose! Going to Dr at 1. Of course the tooth thing is tomorrow morning so I won't be eating tomorrow either. Maybe I should go do WI again on Wednesday and maybe I won't flounder myself Thursday.

Speaking of Thursday, Felicia, you are starving me to death. Just the thought of all that makes me gain 10 pounds. I know where you are coming from. My mother is an awesome cook. Everyone wants to eat her cooking and we always end up with several strays on the Holidays that aren't in our immediate family which is 10 to start with. Usually grows to 20. First year I was married to my husband, we hadn't been in our home a month and fed 55 people in our basement. He was wondering what he had gotten into! We had a blast though. It was fun.

Everyone, Stay POP for at least 3 days. 'Cause you know most of you will not be on Thursday.

Kim0303
11-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Cecil, WAy to go!!! POP for 16 days. That is awesome!

MomOfThreeTeens
11-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Kim-Congrats on the good WI chickie! Hope the Doc gives you some good medicine and you feel better soon! Crystal is gonna be calling me because I havent been to WI in 2 weeks, yikes! LOL

My mantra this week is going to be, I CAN SURVIVE THANKSGIVING, I CAN SURVIVE THANKSGIVING! lol

MomOfThreeTeens
11-19-2007, 12:14 PM
I put a new picture in my profile of me and DH at our sons wedding. I think DH looked quite dashing in his tux!!

equinetcan
11-19-2007, 01:22 PM
I am so glad my thanksgiving was a month ago. I don't think I could handle two big holidays so close together at all!! Then again this year xmas is going to be very quiet for me. Just me and the pooch.

I went out today and stocked up on some stuff for lunches and such this week. It is a bone get one free at one of the grocery stores here and they had some stuff on that would work for me so I got some. I am off work today but back at it again tomorrow.

I'll check in later...Have a good day everybody!!!

BarbaraB
11-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi all, I was actually fairly POP this weekend. Well, if you don't count Friday, which was our anniversary to I let myself have a day off from dieting... had a really nice time, a little wine, a piece of peanut butter pie and some beer and nachos, so definitely not on plan, but then again, I didn't stuff myself silly and feel sick either. I just don't like doing that to myself anymore, which is kind of surprising (I always was one to stuff myself silly before).

So I went and bought the tofurkey for my DD, and I also bought an organic turkey breast and I bought some yams, got to figure out what I'm going to do with those... I plan on making some portabella mushroom gravy, since I saw a recipe where there is just 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a couple of cups. I will make a low fat stuffing, and I saw a lower fat pie dough recipe that I may try with for the pumkin pie... So I'm planning on eating a little of everything, but making it in lower fat versions where it makes sense. It kind of goes hand in hand with my vegetarian DD also... although I'm putting milk and butter in the mashed potatoes this year, last year I just used vegetable broth, and they were not nearly as good.

I'm only working today and tomorrow this week, so I'm having a hard time feeling like working today. Oh well, things have to get done.. so I better go and do them.

Kim, you DH does look quite dapper in that tux.
Felicia, good luck cleaning the house. I know what you mean about trying to go too low fat... There are things where it just doesn't make much difference and things where it is just OFF when you cut too much fat out.

sscott
11-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Way to go all of you POP! Keep up the hard work. The people at the center are really pushing eating on plan during Thanksgiving. I told them I was going to relax and eat what my mom cooks. The didn't like that one bit, but I told them one day wouldn't kill me and I was going to enjoy every last bite :)

I have another question about TO. Where do you guys find the Morning Blend juice? I checked at Super Target, but didn't see it. Any other suggestions? Otherwise, I might try the orange method. When you guys do that method, do you only eat red meat and raw green vegetables or do you follow the plan in the back of th Feel Full book with Lites included? Sorry to ask so many questions. I know the center won't be straight with me if I don't buy their juice. Thanks for helping me out!

sscott
11-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Me again:p I had meant to ask if any of you have any recipe ideas for non fat plain yogurt. I am making a recipe tonight that called for 1/2C., but I could only buy it in the freakin' huge container. I would hate to waste it, but I don't know what to do with it. Any suggestions?

BarbaraB
11-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Stacy, When I do TO, I have half a bar and an orange for breakfast, snack lunch, and afternoon snack and then 6 oz of meat and veggies for dinner, but I guess last time I also brought some celery and ate it will the orange and half a lite. That way I can have a dinner with my DH and feel kind of normal at night.

I blend in some fruit with the yogurt. I buy some frozen blend of blue berries, raspberries and black berries at Costco and I throw in some of that with the yogurt int he blender and it is very yummy. Then it is a fruit and a dairy, which makes a great breakfast. With the frozen fruit, it is almost like a milk shake.

aguerin
11-19-2007, 02:44 PM
O.K. Time to catch up on some posts.

Even though I didn't binge this weekend the scale is up a pound. Nasty, Nasty Scale. So now I am starting to dread the big T-Day meal. I don't want the added worry - stress of having to try to get those pounds back off. And I am so hungry today. Just bored mainly. hehe

Congrats to all the losers this week (Liz, Cecil, Ternoway).

Everyone please be safe this Holiday WEEK while driving. We don't want to lose any of our dear friends. Don't forget the cops will be running radar for those of you who have to travel far. I plan on tackeling the grocery store tomorrow for cooking needs. It will probably be a mad house.

And last but not least let us remember to be thankful for our health, families, country, and troups and that we have an AWESOME GOD who loves us despite of who we are. :)

Dan2112
11-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Hey there...

Just a quick hello while I'm at home for lunch... Nothing but meetings in town today, so I didn't have to go to the office.. Thought hard about going to quizno's for lunch, but resisted and came home for a low carb wheat pita with cheese, lettuce and a few pieces of last night's leftover lamb... Pretty good, if I do say so myself.. And a **** of a lot cheaper!!

Any firbersure users: Does this stuff give you monster gas? I find that whenever I use it, I'm hard to be in the room with. :lol:

It doesn't seem to have this affect on Liz (either that or she's good at hiding it)... As a result, I've stopped using it... Or I should say that I had stopped.. I tried some last night just to see if it still had "that" affect on me.. Sure enough, major gas pains and expressions hit later in the evening... It wouldn't be so bad except that it has none of the actual desired effect you want when using a fiber suppliment..

So, now that I've ruined your lunch with this discussion.. :lol:

smjezzy
11-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Kim - great picture you look beautiful and your dh is very dapper.

Dan - can't say it has that affect on me but it was amusing to read! Thanks!

Doing pretty good today. Had a biscotti for breakfast, mixed salad and a little waldorf salad salad for lunch. I have some cheese sticks in there that I'll have for a snack in a little while. Gonna have to get some protein in there somewhere. It feels good to be good!

BarbaraB
11-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Amy, I think it is just normal to see a little jump in weight after a TO, always happens to me. It is just water weight that you lost, and it comes right back on the next day, but gee it does feel good to see those lower numbers. I guess whenever I see a lower number I want to believe that it is "real" and not something that will come right back.

I've given it some thought, and decided to allow myself my "maintenance" portions on thanksgiving, as I've cut myself back to weight loss portions for a couple of months now... In case you don't know, for maintenance you get 1 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 protein (if you are on 2 proteins only), 2 fats and 1 dairy extra... oh and unlimited veggies... I never did cut back down on the veggies.
That way I can have some extra, but not go wild. Still don't know if I'll do the TO after. I'll have to see how I feel.

EmilyLashea
11-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi ALL :) Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Just checking in while I have a minute.. crazy busy at work today!!

Congrats to all the Losers :cheer2: & the POP'ers :)

Stacy- I have used the Morning Blend, and personally I found that I didn't have nearly the effect I did when using the TO juice. I know it's supposed to be basically the same thing, but I could definately tell the difference in my loss.

Kim- That is a great pic of you and DH, you look awesome! :cp: I need to get a pic of DBf and I up sometime soon..

Hope everyone else is having a good day, as good as a Monday can be, anyway. Be careful everyone that is leaving out early for T-day!!!

Catway8
11-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I posted. Congrats to all the ones who have lost and who were POP this weekend. I seem to have fallen off the wagon and I REALLY need to get my butt in gear again. I was doing so well losing 28 pounds in 12 weeks. I dont know what happened to me. I havent been to weigh in since last wednesday and I need to go again wednesday and I do get measured then too. I was disapointed that I didnt make either the Halloween and the Thanks giving challenge. I think that I had set my numbers way to high and I wont do that again. I have a hard time on the weekends where my schedule is different. I am on the wagon again as of tomorrow. I will do TO Thursday and Friday to get myself motivated again. I am kinda scared to go to WI this week. Thanks for letting me vent. Have a good day everyone.

JLem311
11-19-2007, 05:46 PM
hey everyone. just checking in since i haven't since i was in SD. i made it back to NC just fine. still a bit under the weather and recovering from getting strep throat..but i managed to lose a few pounds while on vacay--as usual. :) so i'm pretty happy about that. i'm only 2lbs away from my ticker weight, and all my clothes are fitting good again, so i'm happy with that.

well, DH is shipping off tomorrow around noon--so i'm trying to prepare myself for that. i know that he'll do just fine in basic training (for those of you that didn't know, my DH just joined the national guard.) and he'll be back for a few weeks for xmas leave. but then he'll be gone til late june or early july.
i'm sad, nervous, and scared. first of all, i've never lived by myself before. ever! and i'm fixing to move back to SD at the beginning of january, so that is added to my already full plate.

so, yeah. my emotional state is pretty much a wreck. but i'm going to still stay OP and i've finally gotten clearance from my dr to start working out again, so i'm going to do that and pack to keep me busy.

anyways, sorry to ramble. i love coming on here and talking with everyone..lord knows i'm gonna need it now more than ever. :)

JLem311
11-19-2007, 05:56 PM
oh and i posted a great new pic of the kids in my profile from my visit and put up a new avatar that was taken today. :)

Joni135
11-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Jillian - yes...we will all be here for you chatting away keeping you honest! Hard to believe you've never lived alone, ever! I'm so independent at times, it concerns me. Thank goodness for the internet...you'll never know you are alone! The picture with the kids is precious...boys are so cute at that age!

Kim - wow, you and DH sure make a darling couple! That's a Christmas Card photo if I've ever seen one!

gotta run....I'll try and finish this up later. At least I don't have to worry about Thanksgiving dinner. DH and I will be travelling to Memphis (I think) to visit his mom in the hospital. We cannot even bring her any outside food, so she's at the mercy of hospital food so I think we should be too....oh gross....no way....I better plan something for us to eat. We may not have too many choices on Thanksgiving Day!

Dan2112
11-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Me again:p I had meant to ask if any of you have any recipe ideas for non fat plain yogurt. I am making a recipe tonight that called for 1/2C., but I could only buy it in the freakin' huge container. I would hate to waste it, but I don't know what to do with it. Any suggestions?

I would use it to enhance smoothies... Plain as it is, it tastes AWFUL, but mixed up with frozen fruits and a splash of (non concentrated) OJ, it's great!

If you ever eat greek, it's used as the base of taziki (sp?) sauce.. You mix it with diced cucumber and other herbs to enhance lamb or beef dishes. Just put a splotch of it in a pita with some diced tomato and slices of lamb or beef..

Kim0303
11-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Dan, I think you can get lowfat yogurt in the store now with cucubers already in it. I had bought some at our Kroger's and it was their brand when I started back in the summer. Yes, I was putting it with any type of protein and eating it as a dip for my veggies. Not very Greek but it worked :)

Kim#2, You and your hubby look young enough to be the bride and groom. Yes he does look very handsome in that tux. Got 3 different meds. 2 I will have to keep taking - allegra and nasal spray. The allegra didn't work last time I took it and I told him that but it didn't matter. He wanted to put me on a steriod pack but I was thinking water gain water gain water gain. So stupid like, I told him no I wanted to try the antibiotics first. So PRAY it knocks it out. Then he told me to buy one of those bowls to wash my sinuses out 2 times a day. I did so we will see how that goes.

Jillian, Glad you are back with us. Hang in there chick. Pictures of the children are darling, you just wanta squeeze both of them. Oh my, reminds my how quick time goes. Seem like yesterday my precious daughter was that age, all smiles and thought I was the smartest thing in the Universe. Oh how time changes. Enjoy!!!

Stacy, I bought the Morning blend juice in the health food section of the grocery store for about $3 a quart. The oranges or any citrus fruit as well as the cantelope is suppose to work to. I used luna bars if you aren't on bars from the center.

Ok, I am off for my root canal in the morning. Talk to you wonderful people after that.

JLem311
11-19-2007, 08:10 PM
i love plain nonfat yogurt mixed with a few packets of splenda and about a tsp of cocoa powder. it's a great chocolatey dessert for not many calories.

or try it with a few packets of splenda and fresh fruit, like strawberries or blueberries. :)

Ternoway
11-19-2007, 09:01 PM
I've added the splenda to the nonfat yogurt as well with some fruit but never thought to add cocoa to it. I LOVE that idea, Thanks!!!

Dan2112
11-19-2007, 09:06 PM
The cocoa is a fantastic idea! We'll have to try it...

smjezzy
11-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Jillian - Hang in there and thank your husband for his service.

I am so ready for the Thanksgiving Holidays. I have so much I'd like to do around the house but I know I will spend the time off being a slug. I feel worn completely down. I'm sure it was the non-stop weekend. My body is threatening a strike. It can strike away as long as I stay on track and don't over indulge.

Another non-fat yogurt smoothie I love is frozen (pitted) cherries with a splash of almond extract. You can add splenda but I find the fruit makes it sweet enough for me. I almost always add a splash of vanilla extract to my strawberry/blueberry smoothie too. Just seems to add another element to it. Also I recommend trying it without the sugar, you can always go back and add it. I made a smoothie for my son and he insisted on splenda so I added it to his. He tasted mine, then tasted his and poured his down the drain and asked me to make another without the sugar. We aren't really big on sweet sweet stuff in my house though so that might be the issue.

bayoubelle68
11-20-2007, 10:07 AM
I got through day one of TO and I'm ready to tackle day two. I'm taking the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's this morning. They are both SO excited. We've never been there unless it was for a birthday party, so to go "just because" is a big treat for them. I really need to stay at home at clean - house is trashed! - but they've been asking to go for months. The house can wait. They'll only be this young for a little while longer. I don't want to end up saying, "I wish I'd taken them to play more!" in a few years.

sscott
11-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Thanks for all the tips on the yogurt. I will try them all!

Jillian - I am sorry to hear about all your stress right now. I will say a prayer for you today. Please let us know how we can help or encourage you. Make sure to take care of yourself!

Kim #3 - Good luck with your root canal! Yuck! I hope it all goes smooth!

Felicia - Enjoy your time with your kiddos! The messy house will be there when you come back. Enjoy those precious moments! My daughter (9mo) has started to scream when I drop her off at daycare. I know it is just a stage, but it is still hard on me. I just want to scoop her up and not let go! I can't wait for my DH to be done with grad school so I can stay home with her! Your kids are so blessed to have a mom who is involved! Enjoy it!

MomOfThreeTeens
11-20-2007, 10:58 AM
I bought something yummy at Kroger last night, Celestial Seasonings "Sugar Cookie SLeigh Ride" tea. Its like dessert in a cup! It satisfies my sweet tooth! Might just be a fix for the stupid PMS cravings! LOL Hope everybody has an amazing day!

BarbaraB
11-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Kim#3, a sinus infection and then a root canal? This can not be your best week ever that's for sure. Feel better soon. Did you experience the major drop in your IQ in your children's eyes when they hit puberty? I found myself also having a huge drop in attractiveness at the same time I lost my intelligence, going from the most beautiful woman on earth (in my DD eyes) to the crypt keeper. Now all the sudden I'm the amusing cute old person who might actually have the occasional idea worth listening to. Amazing the ups and downs of mothering.

Jillian, that cocoa idea sounds really good. It might just be the perfect thing to have when bad cravings hit.

Shannon, the frozen pitted cherries sounded just yummy. I don't think I would need to add anything additional to that either. Sounds kind of like cherry garcia ice cream from Ben and Jerry's, which used to be one of my favorite things...

I'm just have to work today and I have the rest of the week off! I just need some down time, instead of the continual pressure to work a lot of hours! Management is being a bit draconian about the whole allowing people to take any time off... They give huge lip service to the need for vacations, right before they say you can't go. So I'm so happy to go, and not have too much hassle before going... of course I had to promise to work from home if anything came up... but at least I'll get out of the building, and at least the day after thanksgiving is likely to be quiet (not a holiday for us, as my company is not big on granting holidays)

bayoubelle68
11-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Kim - I'm headed to Kroger later today to grab a few last-minute things for Thanksgiving. I'll have to see if ours has that tea. It sounds yummy!!

Stacy - I hate when DD cries at daycare. My head knows that she stops crying before I even get outside, but my heart just breaks and wants to run back inside and grab her!

We had fun at Chuck E. Cheese's! Both kids had so much fun! DD is just now at the age where she can get on and off the games by herself, so she had a big time! One of my friends has a little boy the same age and he calls Chuck E. Cheese the "cheese rat"!! It cracks me up everytime he says it!

Katy66
11-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Hello! Things have been so busy for me there just hasn't been time to post. although I do drop in to catch up on posts when I have a minute. I've updated my ticker with my official WI results from yesterday. I lost the 2 I had gained plus another .8 so I'm feeling pretty good about that. My goal for Christmas is to make it to ONEderland:)

Happy Thanksgiving to all and good luck with your goals this week.

smjezzy
11-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Did you experience the major drop in your IQ in your children's eyes when they hit puberty? I found myself also having a huge drop in attractiveness at the same time I lost my intelligence, going from the most beautiful woman on earth (in my DD eyes) to the crypt keeper. Now all the sudden I'm the amusing cute old person who might actually have the occasional idea worth listening to. Amazing the ups and downs of mothering.

LMAO....wait...that's not funny...that's my life! I'm at the amusing cute old person stage but he's very wishy washy on the listening to ideas thing. Maybe as good as 1 in 50 I'd guess.

Kim0303
11-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Survived the root canal. Mouth is just sore now. Sinus medicine seems to be kicking in. Hopefully, I will be back on track by Thursday. Family seems to have everything covered and all I have to bring is tea. Yeah, I can deal with that. I tried and DM wouldn't let me. Of couse they have tried my cooking too! Maybe that is why I am bringing tea!

zambejaly5
11-20-2007, 05:38 PM
yea, it is almost thanksgiving...... I love the holidays! I have been playing christmas music for 2 weeks already.

took 7 y/o dd in today for an eye exam, she had failed the school screening.... well she needs reading glasses! that explains alot! she looks so cute in them, she reminds me of the american doll Molly!.

My oldest finally passed the driving test, to get his permit. he is 17 1/2. I let him drive home from the test place. he was so funny. he went about 30 miles an hour the whole way! we had to pull over once to let cars go around us. but he was very careful so I was proud of him.

got to run. lots to do before I start cooking and baking tomorrow!

Dan2112
11-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Well, Kim, at least they got to root of the problem... Sorry.. That was a little toungue in cheek... Don't you just hate it when people just keep grinding on and on about things? They always gum up the works!!

:lol:... I'm here all week.. Try the veal!

Busy day for me tying up loose ends before taking off the rest of the week..

Doing well diet wise.. Had a chicken bowl with extra veggies and less rice for lunch.. There was probably about two LAWL servings of rice in that (can't imagine what the "full" order of rice would have been), but since I anticipate having a grilled chicken salad for dinner, I think I'll be ok...

Have a great evening, all!

Ternoway
11-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Katy,
Congratulations on the loss. I'm sure you'll make it to one-derland by Christmas! I just got there not too long ago, it's a great feeling! Keep up the good work.

MomOfThreeTeens
11-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Kim-Glad you got your tooth taken care of. NOW rest and get rid of that sinus infection!

Kimphin
11-20-2007, 06:48 PM
I bought something yummy at Kroger last night, Celestial Seasonings "Sugar Cookie SLeigh Ride" tea. Its like dessert in a cup! It satisfies my sweet tooth! Might just be a fix for the stupid PMS cravings! LOL Hope everybody has an amazing day!

I bought all of the holiday flavors last year, based on Cassi's recommendations. They are really good. I like the gingerbread one... there is a nutcracker spice one that is good too.

Great picture, too!

Kim0303
11-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Dan you are bad! Had me laughing though.

Kim, thanks for the info on the tea. I bet they don't have it in decaf. OHHHH!
I may have to get some anyway.

bayoubelle68
11-20-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm so sad! I went to Kroger and they don't have any of the holiday CS flavors! I did find Lipton Vanilla Caramel Tea. Very yummy. ALMOST took the place of hot chocolate!

amylou7777
11-21-2007, 02:10 AM
Hi All! Been away from here for a few days. I've have not been POP for quite a few days now and it's getting frustrating. Lots of parties/catered meals lately that make it hard for POP. I had been really good, not POP but good up until tonight when I had about 1/2 a piece of cheesecake at my dinner function. Ugh. I was suppossed to be POP til tgiving! I need to be good when I get home, leave tomorrow night!

I still need to catch up on the posts but hope you are all doing well!

smjezzy
11-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Morning all. Holiday starts tomorrow!!! Last work day of the week today!! WOOHOO Got all the grocery shopping done last night so I just have to put it all together tonight and cook it tomorrow. We are supposed to get a cold front thru today so it will cool off. I'm looking forward to that.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and one thing I'm remembering to be thankful for is the support I get from y'all. Yes I said y'all. You all, youse guys, yousems, whatever you say just stick it in there.

sscott
11-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Hey all! I can't wait until tomorrow. I went to WI yesterday (down 1.6 Yeah!) and they asked me again what I was going to eat for Thanksgiving. I told them I was eating whatever my mother cooked :) They didn't like that idea, but I said I was going to enjoy every last bite!!! I may pay for it later, but I am not too worried. I will lose it again! Holidays are such a big deal in our family and I just can't wait until tomorrow!

Anyone planning on going shopping on "Black Friday"? I really hope there are not too many good deals, because I don't want to go. I probably won't end up getting my lazy butt out of bed in time :)

I, too, looked for the yummy tea last night and couldn't find it. I was so disappointed. I have to go to Walmart today, so I will check there. Hopefully I can track it down, it sounds so delicious!

Have a great day everyone, and if I don't get on tomorrow, have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

JLem311
11-21-2007, 10:11 AM
hey everyone. just checking in for the day.
yesterday was pretty sad--since DH left yesterday. :(

and on top of all of that, i woke up with pink eye yesterday! can things get any worse for me? first strep throat (which i'm still recovering from), then a horrible cold, now a cough with that and now pink eye. ugh! so, i'm home from work today!

but the good thing is i won't be home alone for tgiving. a good friend of mine at work invited me to his house for dinner. and i'm baking some pumpkin cheesecake bars to take over there for his mom, just to help out with something and to say thanks for having me over. i've never been alone on the holidays so it's kinda weird for me to jump in with another family...kinda would rather be by myself, but i know that DH would hate that.

so, yeah. i'm so sick right now and feel horrible. but the good news is that the scale went down again today! yay!

hope everyone has a great holiday and is conscious of their eating and the lifestyle changes they have committed to. :)

smjezzy
11-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Anyone planning on going shopping on "Black Friday"? I really hope there are not too many good deals, because I don't want to go. I probably won't end up getting my lazy butt out of bed in time :)

My DS politely informed me that I'll be at Walmart front and center for an XBOX. I swore off black friday 13 years ago and have faithly stayed in bed since then. He's making me break that vow.

Lynx
11-21-2007, 11:38 AM
hey everyone. just checking in for the day.
yesterday was pretty sad--since DH left yesterday. :(

and on top of all of that, i woke up with pink eye yesterday! can things get any worse for me? first strep throat (which i'm still recovering from), then a horrible cold, now a cough with that and now pink eye. ugh! so, i'm home from work today!

but the good thing is i won't be home alone for tgiving. a good friend of mine at work invited me to his house for dinner. and i'm baking some pumpkin cheesecake bars to take over there for his mom, just to help out with something and to say thanks for having me over. i've never been alone on the holidays so it's kinda weird for me to jump in with another family...kinda would rather be by myself, but i know that DH would hate that.

so, yeah. i'm so sick right now and feel horrible. but the good news is that the scale went down again today! yay!

hope everyone has a great holiday and is conscious of their eating and the lifestyle changes they have committed to. :)

Wow Jillian - I have to believe that things will turn around soon for you. By the way, my hubby went into the Reserves when we were first married and I was like you and never had lived alone before. He was gone for over 6 months and I did not have family living anywhere near me. So I know exactly how you feel.

Take care. I know you always do. I am glad to hear about your Thanksgiving plans. I am glad the scale is going down for you.

week 46
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 57 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

bayoubelle68
11-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Woo hoo!!! I went to WI and guess what! I hit the 50-pound mark!! I am so excited!! I feel like I should make some sort of awards-receiving speech! I know I still have a long way to go, but I am so proud of myself right now!

JLem311
11-21-2007, 11:58 AM
thank you lynn. i appreciate the thoughts and kind words. :) it's going to be hard for me, but i know that i'm strong enough to get through this and strong enough to take on all the responsibilities i have ahead of me with moving. it all just seems to daunting right now, but i know things have to fall into place eventually.

felicia--congrats on 50lbs lost! :) yay!!! post a new pic of you, i'm anxious to see the change! great job! keep it going girlie!

Katy66
11-21-2007, 12:12 PM
:cp::cp::cp::cp::cp:
WAY TO GO FELICIA!
:congrat::congrat::congrat::congrat:

Isn't it a wonderful feeling? You have done an awesome job! :hug:

sscott
11-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Way to go Felicia! If I remember correctly, you are treating yourself to a new haircut, right? Enjoy and keep up the hard work!

smjezzy
11-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Alright Felicia!! You should be exceptionally proud of yourself. Keep it up.

Katy I'm cheering for you to hit onederland.

Katy66
11-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Quick question .... how do you count a california roll? It is made with brown rice.

MomOfThreeTeens
11-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Kim #3-The tea IS caffeine free, says so right on the front of the box, so enjoy!!!

Felicia-Wooo hooo, way to go chickie, thats a great accomplishment!

Catway8
11-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Good afternoon everyone,

I went to WI today and was down 2.6 so I was happy. And since starting this journey I have lost 18.5 inches. I was shocked to see those numbers. I am on week 14 so to me thats quite the accomplishment. Gave me the kick in the touche that I needed.

Jillian- I am sorry to hear that you have been so sick. I hope you feel better soon. Take care and Have a great Thanksgiving.

Congrats Felicia. Keep up the great job.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

EmilyLashea
11-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Jillian- I'm glad your vacation went well, and you're recovering from the strep.. but now pink eye!? wow... congrats on your weight loss though! Glad you're going somewhere for thanksgiving, and we're here for ya while DH is away! Stay Strong girlie! :)

Felicia- Glad you successfully make it thru TO and :congrat: on the 50 pound mark! That is a HUGE accomplishment!!! Now, are you rewarding yourself with a haircut? We want pictures!!!

Lettie- I'm with ya on the Christmas music.. Christmas is my favorite time of year... We're the obnoxious neighborhood that goes waaayyyy overboard on the lights, decorations, etc :ginger:

Stacy- Enjoy your T-day.. I intend to. Just try to keep everything in proportion, especially the dressing and desserts, and you'll be fine!

Hi to everyone else!!! :wave:

I went to WI this morning and am down 2 pounds, which means I am out of the 180's!!! Yay Me! I am planning to do a TO at the first of next week because I know I will be going overboard this weekend.. not really because of thanksgiving, but the Alabama v. Auburn game :coach: [any of you that follow football know this is the biggest rivalry of the year for us Bama fans! :)] So, I will be partying my little heart out and the liquid fruit will be flowing :cheers: Anyone care to join me in an after thanksgiving TO? :D

Katy66
11-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Emily - I'm with you on the TO next week. I bought my juice at the grocery store on Sunday.

nighthawk
11-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi All
I'm still lurking around, LA is going well for me I'm down 15.6 pounds and 9 inches in 5 weeks so I am pretty happy about that plus I have made it ever so slightly out of the 200, 199.4 I am determined that that be forever.
I have decided to buy myself flowers every 5 pound loss.

Felicia: congrats on the 50 pounds what a lovely milestone.

Cheers!
Lori

bayoubelle68
11-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks so much for the kudos, everybody! It does feel great to have reached this milestone. 50 pounds and 40 inches - GONE!!

Ternoway
11-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Wow Felicia! WAY TO GO!!!! Too all of you across the border have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving tommorow!

Kim0303
11-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Felicia, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
WOW. Can't wait to see the new hair due.

Thanks Kim#2 for the Tea info. I started to stop and check it out but you know I don't do well with a lot of people and it is worse than when it is getting ready to snow flurry around here!!! Couldn't find a place to park so I decided I would wait until Friday to go grocery shopping. I will stock up then. Sounds like it is seasonal. I got to get back on track Friday too. Haven't been keeping my journal because my mouth was messed up and now I am binging before the holiday! Wow, I don't know how in the world you lost 10 pounds last year during the holidays. You rock lady! I got to get focused! Do some self talk or something!!!

Everyone on this side of the border, have a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your family and friends. That's what it is all about right and giving thanks for all we have! Enjoy!

zambejaly5
11-22-2007, 12:09 PM
yay felicia!! so when is the hair cut!!!! can't wait!?
and wow!!! 40 inches! how many sizes have you gone down so far? have you gotten rid of clothes yet? or are you just swimming in them?

EmilyLashea
11-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Happy Thanksgiving All! :)

I just finished with my first meal of the day and am eating a bowl of fruit and some chocolate pudding. I assume that I will end up being somewhat over on my starches, but not too much. I had about 2 1/2 in my first meal and have supper to go, so... we'll see.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day.. I'll check in later :)

lizababe
11-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of those celebrating today! I hope the day brings you laughter, love and blessings.

Tuesday Cool
11-22-2007, 11:00 PM
I have been think about indulgences today. (Go figure!) Here's the thing, we are all fighting the weight battle because we have gotten in the habit of indulging on too regular a basis. We have gotten in the habit of eating daily as we should on a much less frequent basis.
It is OK to eat on thanksgiving. ****, my Mom would kill me if I did not enjoy her mashed turkey and potatoes! She worked hard to make those for her family. And it gives her pleasure to see us all full and happy lulling around the living room after dinner.
A good meal and fun conversation is something to be thankful for. One day is not the problem. The problem is when we start to look to everyday feeling like we do after TG dinner.
I loved watching my daughter play with my niece. I was so proud of having raised that young woman. I was proud that she helped make the mashed potatoes this year and bragged about her Mom's pecan pie.
No, it was fine to eat a little too much and drink a little too much. It went really well with all the love in the room.
Tomorrow I will return to normal eating. LAWL is really all about relearning normal eating patterns.
I dunno I may just be high on pumpkin pie!
Happy Thanksgiving and may all the love of the season fill you with joy. T:thanks2:

Dan2112
11-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Happy late Thanksgiving...

Been a busy day for us... I spent yesterday at a 7,500 acre forest fire south of Albuquerque.. But by the end of the day, the weather had turned and the fire had stopped growing, so I got to go home and let the incoming incident management team deal with the media...

We were pretty good at dinner, but then decided to take the kids to the movies... Popcorn abound! :lol:

We're off to Roswell tomorrow to have another Thanksgiving celebration with Liz's parents, so we probably won't be posting much for the next several days..

Wish us luck!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

EmilyLashea
11-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Hope everyone had a great day yesterday.. Back to the same old same today. I did well yesterday, until after dinner when my crazy cousin showed up with alcohol for all :dizzy:

Oh well.. at least that was the worst part of the day instead of me stuffing my face :)

Kim0303
11-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah, Emily. Glad you were semi good.
I don't even want to think about it. I have a WI appt in the morning. We will see. I will be drinking lemon water all day!
Kim

cecil
11-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Hay guys! I had WI today and I was down 2.2 lbs! So I am a total of 9.8 now! Whoo hooo! I am so glad I didn't gain over Thanksgiving it really makes me feel like I can do this! Hope everyone had a great day yesterday!

sscott
11-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I sure did, but unfortunately the scale shows :) Oh well, that's life and I am back at it today. My husband and I are going to do a TO on Monday and Tuesday so that will help out. I have a silly question. How much lemon juice should I add to a mug of hot water to make it be beneficial? Have a great Saturday. When my DD wakes up from her nap, we are off to brave the crowds and get some Christmas shopping done. Wish us luck, we'll need it :)

cecil
11-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Oooh Christmas shopping huh!? I did that yesterday, went to walmart at 5:30 am got a few good deals. Good god am I going to broke this holiday season. ugh! No fun. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

bayoubelle68
11-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Stacy - I always cut a lemon in half and squeeze both halves into the mug. Add water to fill and then drop the lemon halves into the water and mirowave for 1 minute. What really does the job of a diuretic is the oil in the lemon rind, so you need that. When I take it out of the microwave, I remove the rinds and give them a gentle squeeze to put any absorbed water back into the cup. Then I add a couple of packets of Splenda before sipping.

EmilyLashea
11-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Stacy, I have wondered that about the lemon water myself... but does it HAVE to be heated? It is hard enough for me to drink the lemon water itself.. much less hot! :p

Kim0303
11-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Emily it tast better heated with splenda in it!

Help??? I just made a big pot of vegetable soup. So how much can I have for one veggie serving or 2 veggie servings??? Hope someone is online!

Cecil, Congratulations on the loss!!!!

Stacy, I am with you on the gain. Not two bad though. still lost one pound from last Sat. but up 3 pounds from Wed. I was sick on dropped 4 pounds from Sat to Wed. Found that weight over Thanksgiving. Oh well. Still down one pound from last Saturday.

sscott
11-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Way to go on your loss, Kim #3. Sorry i don't know your answer about the soup. Given other soups in the cookbook, I would guess 1 serving would either be 3/4C. or 1C. Sorry, wish I was more help!

Like I said earlier, I was thinking about doing a TO on Monday and Tuesday, but now I am freaking out. I didn't realize it was different from the 1st TO I did. I can only have 6oz of proteins a day?!?! What in the world do you guys eat for breakfast? Can you help me figure out how to do this without starving?

bayoubelle68
11-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Emily - yes, it needs to be heated. The heat is what makes the rind give off the lemon oil.

Ternoway
11-24-2007, 09:07 PM
I've never put in the rind before. That might explain why it's never really made much of a difference for me! Thanks Felicia, I'm going to give it a try.

EmilyLashea
11-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Stacy- I am with you on doing a TO tomorrow and tuesday..

Anyone else in?? :)

bayoubelle68
11-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Emily - I'm seriously thinking about it - even though it hasn't quite been 2 weeks since my last one. It would be nice to get me back on track after Thanksgiving. I'm only up a pound, but I'm thinking about TO just to boost myself back to where I should be.