Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-17-2007, 08:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Do You Have Saturday Off?

I find myself blissfully unengaged today. Nothing is a must-do.

How about you? What are you going to do?

Wandering out to the butcher shop and then precooking some chicken breast sounds nice ... a long walk ... a nice set of weights for legs ... a nap ...
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

Hey Susan...I'm not sure why, but I prefer to have prior plans for my days off. I guess I like the structure of a schedule in my days.

Nothing strenuous planned, though

Due to caffeine and stress, I am finishing off a solitary all nighter My plans for today are breakfast at my sister's, a leisurely walk, and a nap (I wish!). Then tonight is wine and a movie with another sister.

I love weekends
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I have the day off. I am going to a Women's group meeting at church to plan for the Christmas Bazaar, then I am going for a walk. When I come home, I am going to put up my outside Christmas decorations!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:08 AM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Got an appt. at the bank this morning, then me and the neighbor are going shopping at Sam's Club, probably a bit of Christmas shopping at Wally World, and stop somewhere for dinner this evening. Tomorrow I gotta get cracking on putting some more paint on the laundry room walls which I started yesterday after finishing the trim and replacing the one missing piece of trim. Then I gotta get all the paint and supplies picked up and start cleaning the rest of the week and getting ready for my brother's family on Thanksgiving.

Unengaged? Is there such a thing?
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:13 AM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Today is DH's birthday and we are having family over tomorrow to celebrate. So lots of cooking, cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping today!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

Today I have a loooong study day!
I started early and I´m in a break right now!

Tomorrow´s my weigh/ measure day after 2 weeks (one at the beach with two really off days.. but really off wagon) so I hope I haven´t gained! I´ll tell u about it tomorrow!

U all have a great saturday!
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:41 AM   #7  

Perhaps a better description of my day would be that nobody has made any plans for me.

I've got boat loads of laundry and the normal amount of housework but I can attend to that at my leisure.

It might be a matter of how it looks if I squint at it.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:07 AM   #8  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb Less is More on Saturdays

As I am sure others can attest that when you work full time Monday-Friday, Saturdays are a welcomed day indeed! Since I began my "weight lose" plan on a Saturday, September 1st, Saturday is the beginning of a new week and my weigh in day. It does make me look at Friday night's differently in case my DH and I decide to go out to eat on Friday night but so far that has only happened once.

If you mean: do I take a day off from dieting, well, I am not following a diet plan per se. I am using the WW Flex Points plan as a tool to monitor my portions but I am eating the way I will eat from now into "my last days" so I don't "go off" my plan like I know I would have if I had been following a really strict food plan like I see some of you do. For me, this works and this is what I needed.

I am also following the "Wendie Plan", which is a variation of the Daily Target Plan where you have one day a week where you eat about 25% more than the other days. This has worked for me since my DH and I go out to eat once a week, Sunday dinner right after church. We have been doing that for eight years and it is a "ritual" that we both look forward to.

I think that I do eat somewhat differently on the weekends because they aren't as structured as the work week, if that is how I am reading your question. At first, this seemed to wreck havoc on my food plan but then I came up with something that helped me deal with it. On the WW Flex Plan you can "earn" up to 28 exercise points per week to add points to be used for food. I average about 45 exercise points a week because I am very active. I do NOT count the extra points towards my food plan but I do keep track of them and all of the points that I both eat and use. I have separate charts for both.

Since I have more free time to be more active on the weekends and since that is probably going to be the time that an unplanned invitation to eat out or eat something more than during my week, I use my exercise points towards that extra food at that time. I used to need more naps but in the past couple of weeks I feel like I don't need them any more! And, I have increased my hours of working too besides every thing else that I have been doing. I have also switched to exercising on my lunch break along with walking on my two fifteen minute breaks. It really helps me return to my afternoon feeling less stressed and that really helps me avoid any drops in blood sugar during the long afternoons at work.

That has really surprised me but I think it is a combination of eating healthy, exercising 6 days a week faithfully and taking herbal supplements for my immune system. If you're wondering when do I relax, I do. In fact, I have made it a priority to relax in the evenings after my DH and I have eaten supper. I like to read or watch a good movie or tv program. On Saturdays, since it is the one day a week that I can sleep in I try to allow myself to get up "whenever". I slept 12 hours last night. I am working on finishing up some painting and wallpapering so I will doing that today. I want to have it all done by Thanksgiving and then next Friday we will go Christmas tree shopping. I do think it is very important that you have balance in your life. Period. A time to work (or study). A time to play (whatever you consider play to be). A time to be quiet and reflective. A time to be silly and have fun.

I need a combination of structure and flexibility in every day. The weekends are different than the work weeks but they still do have that same rhythm. It took me a couple of months but I struck a balance that allows me to get what I need to get done and still have time to "do nothing" --which is important to rejuvenate yourself. I think any thing is good if it restores us so we can pick up where we left off the day before or the day after.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:46 AM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I am a SAHM, there is no off!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:30 PM   #10  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

This is the first Sat in a long time when I haven't ended up w/ lots of plans! I tried to sleep in (ha!) didn't happen, but I will take a nap--or at least curl up w/ my dogs later and rest. For some unknown reason I am in the mood to clean--not the tear the house apart and intensively clean everything in sight, but just a good over all cleaning, which is good--my house needs it! I am going to put on some good music and do some cleaning! And some laundry. Yipee...sounds fun, huh?!

Then I will take a nice, long, hot bubble bath!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:06 PM   #11  
Mel

No, and I'm starting to get pretty grumpy about it! I work 6 days a week and spend what remains of Saturday and all of Sunday grocery shopping, batch cooking, and doing just enough cleaning that I don't live in a toxic waste dump

What ever happened to leisure time, hobbies, or fun????

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:42 PM   #12  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
I am a SAHM, there is no off!
Amen sistah!

My "days off" are filled with remodeling the interior and exterior of our house. The rest is filled with doctors (for all 3...gotta give my hubby a ride when he's doped up, been through 2 surgeries in 2 months), groceries, laundry, cooking and cleaning, and LOTS of diaper changes LOL. And I'm looking into doing part-time work at home for hubby's boss for some extra income.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:58 PM   #13  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Cleaning and knitting Christmas presents, and writing holiday cards. Those are my plans for every foreseeable weekend in the future.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #14  
No description available.

This is an unusual weekend for me. The kids' sports are on hiatus, and my Saturdays are usually packed with their activities.

I ran 7 miles this morning and now I think I'll do some cleaning. My house is pretty much a toxic wastedump. It's pretty amazing how it can get messy when no one is ever home.....
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #15  

Afternoon ladies.
I made coffee and I'm stopping by to sip with all of you.
I'm somewhere between my 4th and fifth loads of laundry, I've walked out to do errands three times, you can see my kitchen counters and floor!! all household garbage is in the bag, my lunches for the week are pretty much together, supper is on the go AND I've had a nap!
There's still a couple of things I don't have to do today.
Isn't it great to have a day off