Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #1  
KitKatBahr

S/C/G: 285/229/145

Height: 5 ft, 7 in.

Default What a difference a well-fitting BRA makes!!!

Wow, what a difference a well-fitting bra makes! I have been blessed (??) with large breasts and finding bras and shirts that fit and that I like has always been difficult. I was fitted one time, at Fashion Bug and the size the girl said I was never fit very well. So, I always just tried on bras til I found one that I could fasten and that would adequately cover the girls. I had been wearing a 44DD for quite some time. Since I lost a little bit of weight, and all my bras were stretched out, I decided to treat myself to a couple of new ones. About a month or so ago, I went to Walmart and bought one, but then really wasn't happy with it. But, it was $6 so what could I want, right? I mean, it fit, but it didn't bring them up and together. They were kind of just sitting in this sling type thing! LOL. But, it was better than anything else I had. So, yesterday I decided I really needed to add to my bra wardrobe. I went back to Walmart (I can't afford an expensive bra right now, and with the changes being made, I didn't want to spend tons of money) but this time I looked around a bit. I found Curvation, by Queen Latifah! They looked really nice. I found one that said it was a side shaper. I fgured that might help with support. Then, I bought two others, one a super lift bra that was the same brand, and then another of a different brand. I decided to get 42DD as I still need the DD and the other 44s were too big. No, I didn't try them on. I hate trying stuff on! LOL So, I got home and tried them. The Curvation one that was the side shaper fit PERFECTLY!! And, not only did it lift the girls, it brought them together a bit too. I love wearing lower cut tops. I don't mean real low cut, but I do like to have a v-neckline, etc. Nothing trashy, just showing off a bit of what I have. My husband loves it of course. With this bra, I really feel like I am pretty and attractive! The other two didn't fit, so I took them back today and bought three more of the same kind as yesterday. I also bought a couple of pullover v-neck sweaters, which look GREAT with the new bra, and some new t-shirts, casual shirts, etc. And, two new pairs of jeans, as I didn't have any that were not too big and it got COLD here last night! I have been wearing alot of shorts and culottes but despearately needed jeans. Walmart clothes are fine for now, as I lose weight. I shop at thrift stores sometimes too.

So, I got home from Walmart today (I went back to buy three more of the same bra) and decided that my clothes look totally different with the better bra. Really! Some things looked really, really good. I tried on all of the clothes I own. Shirts, that is. I decided to only keep what really looked good and and made me happy. I currently have two large bags of clothes to give away! LOL I haven't even started on my closet.

So, now I am on a cleaning kick. I know I have tons of shoes and purses in the closet too, as well as clothes, so I will start that project in a few minutes. I decided it was time to purge everything and start new. I need to look as good as possible in the body I have NOW as I work my way down the scale (literally).

I still cannot believe how nice this bra is and how good it makes me feel. It is so comfortable. I don't have any straps digging into my shoulders, or a band riding up or down my back. The girls are up and perky and look really good. It seems silly to be excited about a bra but it really did make a difference in how my clothes look too!

Best of all...they were on sale for only $10 each!!! Yeah!

Kathy
kitkatbahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Yes - the Curvation is a nice line but unfortunately they don't come in my size - maybe down the road. I am getting by with a few JMS because I am losing weight too quickly to invest. I LOVE Glamorise but will wait it out. It is amazing how good a well fitting bra can make you feel and look. I'm glad you found some that work for you !!!!!!!

Last edited by witchyonadiet; 11-16-2007 at 05:16 PM.
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:30 AM   #3  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I also love the Curvations, I discovered them a few months ago. I tend to run between a 36DDD and a 38DD. I opted for the 38DD since I too HATE to try things on....WOW I was glad I bought 3 the first time. They are so nice.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote