General chatter - Can you figure this out? Take 2

View Full Version : Can you figure this out? Take 2

StillTryin
11-14-2007, 09:24 AM
A farmer and his hired help were carrying grain to the barn. The farmer carried one sack of grain and the hired help carried two sacks. Who carried the heavier load and why?

I will post the answer later today Nov, 14

NightengaleShane
11-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Ok, I have decided to put my answer in white, too. Highlight between the stars!

**Probably the farmer, because it states specifically that he was carrying a sack of grain - it does not state what the help was carrying, therefore implying there could be nothing in the helper's sacks. ;)**

Sakai
11-14-2007, 09:31 AM
I think I know what it is. this is my answer (just highlight the space. this way i wont mess it up for others if they want to guess Answer{ The farmer did because he is 1 person and the help was more than 1 person }

StillTryin
11-14-2007, 12:42 PM
i really like your (WHITE) idea shane...that is GREAT! I will post the answer later today!!!

SoulBliss
11-14-2007, 01:03 PM
I think the farmer has the heaviest load, as the way it is stated, the 'sacks' that the 'hired help' carried could be empty, but it clearly states the farmer was carrying grain. Then again, there could be more than one person as his 'help' and they could be carrying hundreds of sacks!

SoulBliss
11-14-2007, 01:04 PM
OOPS! I forgot to indicate the need to highlight! :lol:

NightengaleShane
11-14-2007, 01:07 PM
i really like your (WHITE) idea shane...that is GREAT! I will post the answer later today!!!

It was Sakai's idea, not mine ;) but it IS a brilliant one!

I just decided to edit my post to follow that method.

StillTryin
11-14-2007, 01:53 PM
OHHH well thanks Sakai I LOVE IT!!!

Answer: The farmer's load was heavier. His hired help only carried two sacks, while the farmer carries one sack, but his sack is a sack of grain. The hired help only carried 2 sacks - both empty.

Shane-you were right....