100 lb. Club - I want to get to know you ladies

View Full Version : I want to get to know you ladies

missy3gal
11-13-2007, 11:04 PM
I was here about 6 months ago, but didn't commit to reading the board regularly and eventually I fell off my program and gained back all of the weight I lost.

I've been reading through the posts on and off today, trying to get a handle on who is here and how they are doing. This is just such a friendly board, but it's so hard to get to know people when you're the new kid on the block. It seems to take so long to get to know someone's personality just from scattered posts here and there. Oh well, I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Looking forward to making some new friends!
Missy

Cuter w Curves
11-14-2007, 12:30 AM
Welcome back... And congrats on having the moxy to keep at it. :carrot:

LaurieDawn
11-14-2007, 02:21 AM
I so remember you, but it can't have been six months, can it? Anyway, welcome back - and we look forward to hearing more from you!

rakel
11-14-2007, 02:36 AM
I'm realitively new and I've found that it hasn't taken too long to make a presence. Not that everyone on the board here knows me or anything, but it really helps to join a "club". I post pretty regularly in the Accountability thread each week and it's helped me focus on a few members to really get to know, which is a lot less overwhelming th an starting with EVERYONE.

rockinrobin
11-14-2007, 06:06 AM
Hi, I'm so glad you've found your way back here. This is a very active, busy place. Don't worry about not knowing everyone and everything. Read away, post when ever you can and you'll get right into the swing of things. I have no doubt you'll be feeling right at home very, very soon. This really is a fantastic, supportive, informative, friendly motivating and encouraging group. Good luck to you. :)

hellokitty81668
11-14-2007, 06:17 AM
:welcome2:
HI Missy!!! I am glad you came back and please stick around!!!!
cheryl

Purplefirefly
11-14-2007, 06:25 AM
Hi there, Missy :hug: I have only been here a week, and the names are just starting to get familiar when I read the posts. I have found the threads that really helped me get going and am posting there regularly. Stick around and focus on your own program, and you'll get to know people in time. Just figure out what you want to do..and start doing it. If I can do it, you can...I have faith in ya!

MaggieJ
11-14-2007, 06:36 AM
I was here about 6 months ago, but didn't commit to reading the board regularly and eventually I fell off my program and gained back all of the weight I lost.

I've been reading through the posts on and off today, trying to get a handle on who is here and how they are doing. This is just such a friendly board, but it's so hard to get to know people when you're the new kid on the block. It seems to take so long to get to know someone's personality just from scattered posts here and there. Oh well, I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Looking forward to making some new friends!
Missy

Hi Missy, I know what you mean. It's such a big forum and can feel overwhelming trying to figure out how to fit in. I am new myself and not big on posting, so I am just concentrating on reading as much as I can every day to keep my focus on getting healthy this time.

Welcome from the new kid on the other side of the block :)
Maggie

Lovely
11-14-2007, 06:50 AM
:welcome: ^^ back! Looking forward to seeing you post more & getting to know you, too :D

kimmieone
11-14-2007, 06:53 AM
Hey Missy, welcome back. I'm glad you decided to give it another go.That's the cool thing, huh, I was gone for years and come back and everyone was just as friendly as before. :)

GirlyGirlSebas
11-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Hi Missy! I'm glad you decided to come back. It does take a while to get to know everyone, but please come "chat" some each day and let us get to know you. Visiting here everyday does help to keep us motivated and encouraged.

kasmin
11-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Hi Missy! I'm new myself, but am glad to meet another motivating sister;)

dek6
11-14-2007, 08:39 AM
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!! :carrot: It can take some time but just like weight loss, get to know us ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!!!11 If you need someone to talk to PM me..... :hug:

Trazey34
11-14-2007, 09:08 AM
HI & Welcome Back!!! this IS a really fun board, and I give it a lot of credit with the (small) success i've had thus far! Just to check in every day, it puts the "seed" in your head to be a good girl :D

Slashnl
11-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Looking forward to getting to know you! I think I saw you on the Accountability thread too... I think!
Have fun and post as often as you can!

Liliann
11-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Welcome Missy! Am a lurker on and off and on again,etc.. Much success with your efforts.. You can do it!! :):hug:

LisaMarie71
11-14-2007, 12:48 PM
this IS a really fun board, and I give it a lot of credit with the (small) success i've had thus far!

Trazey, are you kidding? You've lost 47 pounds!! That's anything but a "small" success, girl!!! That's fantastic!

And welcome, Missy!! Good to have you here!

:welcome3:

Sandi
11-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Thank you Lisa - I was just about to smack Trazey myself. Sit up and be proud! 47 is awesome and certainly not a small success!!!

Missy - :welcome2: back!! It's so awesome around here, just jump right in, it won;t take long to get acclimated.

Purplefirefly
11-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Trazey, you have lost almost 50 lbs! Actually, my 4 year old weighs about 47 lbs....you have lost a small child! Own it and be proud, that is huge success :carrot:

Cassie501107
11-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Hello, hello! Glad you're here, just jump right in!:hug:

missy3gal
11-14-2007, 05:47 PM
:thanks: for the warm welcome. I'm so happy to know you are all here, and I hope to be as supportive as you all have been to me.

Shy Moment
11-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Trazey
Don't make me UPPERCASE you. Small success, darn you are doing great. I recognize so many names here. Is great to see so many people saying hello to the newbies. It is a wonderful sight. A great deal of my success has to do with coming here and chatting and getting encouragement from everyone.

:welcome3: Missy3gal, kasmin, Liliann, Don't be lurkers come on out and post. We are very interested in what you are doing. You do understand interested means nosey and I love to hear how people are doing lol.

Sheila53
11-15-2007, 12:24 PM
A belated :welcome: to you, and any other former lurkers. Please join in the fun!

LWM
11-15-2007, 02:12 PM
I am also rejoining and, up until now, guilty of lurking w/o posting! I am glad to be back! :-)

Laura

Dumplin
11-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Hello Missy, Nice to have you around. I notice you and I are the same age (still young chicks). Good luck on you weight loss and great job on the weight you have aleady lost!!!

pamatga
11-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Welcome back and let's hope we all become friends before long.

Post and keep posting. We all want to know how you are doing and how you've been.

Here's a double dip to ya!:hug::hug:

Lyn2007
11-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi there! Welcome to a great board. I am pretty new myself, been here almost 3 months I guess, and down 30 lbs. I am here for the long haul. I am gonna do this and you can too :)

knitsforfive
11-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Thanks Missy for introducing yourself and also inspiring us other lukers.

Lurker -- guilty. I'll come out now too.

This is a great message board and love this particular part of it.

Thanks,
Knits

chicpanda
11-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Glad you are back. Just keep reading the posts and you will get to know everyone. Congrats on loosing 47 pounds! Inspiring.. keep comin' back and sharing.

PeggyP
11-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Hi! :welcome2:We're glad you're here!!! I haven't been on much this week but hope to get better about it! It really keeps me motivated. I've noticed that when I'm on this site, it really does help my will power! It must be a little of :dust:! :D
Have a great day!!

Trazey34
11-18-2007, 04:07 PM
oooops! geez I didn't think I'd get UPPERCASED and all ;) heheh I mean "small success" in that I've got to lose 47 pounds 2 MORE times yet so it's "small" in comparison

quit uppercasing me :( heheheh

WELCOME ABOARD THE BOARD AGAIN!!!! AREN'T WE GOOFY :D :D :D