Support Groups - Sexy Chicks - Beautiful women losing weight and forming friendships 11/13/07-11/18/07

countrygirl7902
11-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Welcome to Sexy Chicks! :welcome3:
We are a support groups started by a few newbies who were looking for serious diet buddies. We are here to support and encourage each other on our weight loss journeys, and to remind each other that we are already beautiful people.:grouphug: We are different in many ways, but we are all willing to stick by each other through this challenging process. Anyone who is committed to weight loss and is looking for support (and also willing to give it!) is welcome to join! Look for our Bio's thread too so we can get to know each other!

OneLastTime
11-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Hi ladies ~

CountryGirl~ First I'll give you a nice hug with a pat on the back. Then I'll KICK YOUR BUTT..... lol You can do this.... Just get up tomorrow morning with your mind made up that you ARE going to be thinner. You ARE going to make healthy choices for your body whether it's in your diet, your exercise, your mental well being. You will be strong and get through the day!!

We all will......

Been doing pretty good here.... My new weight loss program is working well for me. It's been one week since I started and I only went "off plan" once. I made a conscious decision to go off plan that night because we had dinner plans with friends that we made before I started the new program. I made the decision ahead of time, still ate reasonably and am refusing to feel guilty about it. PLUS had a great time with hubby and our friends.

BIGGGGGG hugs to everyone!!! Keep up the good work. For those of you struggling, just keep pushing through... one day at a time... ****, some days even one hour at a time. :hug:

Shy Moment
11-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Countrygirl
First is the kick in the butt and then the pat on the back to make you feel better for the kick in the butt lol. When we realize what is going wrong we have already started to get on the right track. I don't fall off the wagon because I don't have a wagon lol. My plan is pretty simple. Sometimes in the plans we have for ourselfs we have to allow things like a little fun. For me a little fun might be eating a weight watchers fudge bar ( ok I am a wild and crazy woman ) for you it might mean a candy bar. Nothing wrong with these things. All work and no play made Jack a dull boy, remember that.

I Heart Diet Coke
11-14-2007, 05:23 AM
hey everyone.... I hope you all haven't forgotten about me lol. I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks I spent a while in LA and I also went on a cruise to Mexico!! it was FUN! but if you've ever been on a cruise you know there is a LOT of food... so I'm gonna keep it real with yall I'm sure I've gained a few lbs :mad: So anyway I'm back and I'm re-dedicating myself to my diet and exercise plan. :carrot::running::lifter::yoga:

I just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone... I'll be talkin' to you all very soon :)

Shimmeringsun
11-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi everyone,

Man I have had a busy week so far, been even starting early at work, no time for the message boards....I am in withdrawl :lol:

I hope everyone is doing well so far this week! :)

OneLastTime I am glad to hear that you are doing well on the new program! Glad to hear of the not feeling guilty and that you enjoyed yourself! :)

Shy.......fudge bar.....:drool:

Countrygirl.......what's this......butt kicking....I love kicking butts....plus its extra calories I could lose *LOL* Kidding, its alright that you went off track, don't feel bad about it, everyone does it! Its hard but you will get back on track and everything will be fine in a few days! :hug:

I Heart Diet Coke......um yeah a cruise without me? How rude! :p Welcome back.......I guess.....*LOL* kidding! I hope you had a great time and of course what is a cruise for but eating! I think you would have to have superpower willpower to not go on a cruise and eat right!

Take care everyone and keep your chin up countrygirl! :)

Shy Moment
11-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Shimmering
Sorry your week is already so busy, it has just started.

I heart
That is what vacations are for. To have fun and put on a few lbs lol. Sure glad you enjoyed yourself. Did you take any pics?

countrygirl7902
11-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Thank you OLT, shy and shimmering!!!!:hug: just what i needed! i'm back on track today and just taking it one day at a time.

welcome back brittany! if i was on a cruise, i would gain more than just a few pounds! LOL

wow its really quiet in here! what's up? everyone's gotten lazy like me!

Shy Moment
11-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Countrygirl
I am here just looking thru the new posts. I am here until I go to bed lol

lostchick
11-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Just popping in to say Hello

MsShes2BigShes2Thin
11-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Hi this looks like a fun group. I'm a newbie so maybe I'll start coming and posting here. So I started out dieting and exercising last week or the week before and lost a little bit of weight but my mom keeps tempting me bringing in all this CRAP! and what not and she said I don't see why you are dieting a week before Thanksgiving which is true maybe but it also kind of pissed me off so I've been off the diet. But I need yalls help come the day after Thanksgiving I'm sticking to this diet and exercise I don't want to wait till New Years for another unsuccessful New Years resolution I want to have lost some weight by New Years even and keep on going!:smug:

shepardgirl
11-15-2007, 01:40 AM
Hi everyone I am new and am really impressed by all the weight everyone has lost!! The support must be working, so thats why I am here!

Can anyone tell me how I get that weight lose scale(illustration) that shows your progress I cant find out how to add it. Looking forward to giving and receiving the support!

salsa sarah
11-15-2007, 02:47 AM
well i rote you ladys all this nice stuff and then i clicked on somthing and it all disapeard:( I gess I'll talk to you all latter I have to go to bed I have school tommarow good night

Lovely
11-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Oh my. I'm back after a few very very busy days. As you all know I've started a new position at work, so I'm having to catch up and do all this OT already because the holiday season is upon us!!!

:lol: You're all going to regret when I get back to FULL CHAT mode. I never shut up! You're going to miss the quiet ~_^

First, my work frustrations... no one will sit down to actually train me, and I'm the type of person who likes to have a good chat about all the responsibilities and get shown what to do for a day and then you can let me go and I'll only come back with a few questions. But, they just keep giving me papers to keep me busy and waiting for me to approach them for what needs to be done next. And then they don't always have the answers... Gah! Hopefully it'll be resolved shortly.

I'm not sure how my weight loss is going this week. I ate some pizza this past Sunday that I probably should have saved until another day... And some Skinny Cow ice cream cones.... >_> Yes, plural... 2 of them. I was still within my WW points, but sometimes it's what foods you eat that affect the outcome.

The good news is that I've successfully exercised each day this week, so I'm happy :D My checklist for this whole week has been :yes: :lol: If nothing else, that's an accomplishment.

And I know that if the scale does not cooperate this week that as long as I stick with my plans and continue forward it will eventually. I shouldn't be too pessimistic anyways, considering I have not yet weighed in for the week. I'll give myself pep talks after the meet tonight ^^

Lola - Hey girl I'm glad you climbed back on your wagon. We're all behind you ^^

I Heart - Welcome back from your amazing cruise! *jealous* How awesome ^^ Whatever you put on you can take off. Besides it's not like you go cruisin' every day. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. As long as you get right back to your routine there won't be any problems!

OLT - Yay! You are working that program well. The whole point is to be able to be flexible enough so that you don't completely quit if you go "off program". So the fact that you made a plan and stuck with it is great! Making plans is easy. Sticking with them is so hard.

Ms & Shepard :welcome: ^^ Please post whenever you'd like. Dive on in! This is a busy time, but we're never to busy to give advice or support or kicks in the pants when needed! :devil:

Well, wonderful gorgeous ladies :hug: to all! Keep up your great positive attitudes ^^ W00t for our health!

OneLastTime
11-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Hi Ladies ~ :hug:

Welcome to the newbies!!!! shepardgirl ~ It's pretty easy to get the weight ticker on the bottom.... just go to CP in the upper left of the screen... click on edit signature and follow the directions. If you need more help, let us know.

Shy ~ I just have to say, you are always so positive and good-hearted. It's such a pleasure to have you here.

Sorry, ladies, only one mushy compliment per post.... lol

Faerie ~ How annoying about the training but just keep pushing through... You'll get there and soon enough you'll be doing things without even thinking about it. I hope your weigh in went well.... and you said it... even if it doesn't, keep doing the right things... the scale will catch up.

Countrygirl ~ Glad to hear you are back on track... that's all we can do... just dust ourselves off and keep trying. Just don't let it happen again Missy!!! lol

Shimmeringsun ~ Glad to see you back in again. Don't you hate when work gets in the way of fun?? lol

I heart Diet Coke ~ CRUISE??? Waaaaaaa.... I would have been your luggage lady. Glad you had a great time and glad you're back.

Hope I didn't miss anyone....

As for me ~ Still doing pretty good on my program. I need to kick up the exercise portion now which is where I'll struggle. I love to exercise once I start and after I finish, I just never start!!! So frustrating!

Question ~ One of you asked me about the details of my new weight loss program but I can't remember who.... so if you're still interested let me know and I'll post about it. The friends and family I have told have given very mixed reviews about it. I have my own mixed feelings about it but figured...what the heck... and am going for it.

Have a great night ladies... I'll check in later. :hug:

I Heart Diet Coke
11-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Hey ladies :grouphug:

First off I wanna say that someone from 3FC IMed me last night XDietCokeAddictX on AIM. and I wasn't online. I mean I was online lol obviously but I wasn't at my computer so whoever it was I'm sorry and I added you to my buddy list so the next time I'm online lets chat :) And with that note anyone who would like to IM me please feel free to. I'd really like to get connected to everyone as much as possible because it helps with the accountability and stuff.

AND on the subject of accountability... I've decided.... to take a picture of myself everyday durring this crazy journey so that I can get a good idea of what I REALLY look like. lol does anyone else feel like they look way bigger in pictures than you do in the mirror?? so yeah I'm not trusting the mirror anymore. If yall would like to check out my blog on 3FC it's called "because gucci doesn't come in plus size. but beware of the daily picture... lol it won't always be pretty lol

I'm looking forward to getting back on the WW bandwagon again after falling off and "doing my own thing" which I obviously stink at lol since I'm not losing weight and indeed have gained some back :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::censored::censored::ce nsored::censored::bomb::bomb::bomb:

well that's all for now

WELCOME!!! to all the newbies!! :D

Goodnight yall :)

Lovely
11-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Well thirty whacks with a wet-noodle for me, Shy! I'll remember that next time I feel too busy! :lol: And yes, you ARE so very positive. I need that. So don't stop! ^^
I know what you mean about living every day as if it is your last. I have a favorite musical called "Rent". (If anyone knows broadway, they know this play.) And they have a few songs about living in the moment, and enjoying how things are. Especially their song "Another Day" which ends with the line "No day but today" (their play slogan) and the feeling that there is no moment but now, no choice but now. We can't do anything except live right now. Trying to do anything other will only lead you to wasting a great many todays. So, though I am only human, and can't always succeed at this, I wholeheartedly agree. Live like we're dying. And not to get too melodramatic, but well, we all already are. Though most of us slowly.

Thanks, OLT. I maintained this week, but I'm trying to pull a "Shy" and just be happy that I didn't gain, and that yeah, I did my exercises. I'm going to stand up, brush myself off, and continue on. I need to feel healthy & in control with Turkey Day just around the corner.

Checklist:
:hun: Food - :yes:
:running: Exercise - :yes:
:hat: Water - :yes:

Lovely
11-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Hey Heart - I think that whatever gets & keeps you motivated is great! So, if you go ahead and take daily pictures (in all your beautious glory!) and that helps, then I wish you the best of luck to continue with it :D Yeah, I think my mirror has some sort of built in blind spot. I look in a mirror one day and like "Hells yeah I'm hawt stuff!" and you could take a picture of me right then, and I'd be like :yikes:.
Sometimes what we need is a plan to follow. I know that I'm the same way about "my own thing". I can add to the WW plan, but I'm just more accountable when I stay on it and go to meetings, personally.

Oh PS - My fortune cookie tonight says: "No one is standing in your way anymore, it is time to move forward".
Thought you all might appreciate that. Just pretend it's all your fortune, and do with it what you will ^^
I'm looking at it as "Hey Missy... You're the one buying the food & putting it into your mouth. You're the one with the plan and the willpower. Stick with it! Get up and get a move on!" :lol:

OneLastTime
11-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Just an FYI ~ I take my pic at every 10 lb. weight loss. That way (hopefully) you can see a difference SOMEWHERE. I think my hair looked smaller after the first 10 lbs. lost. Just kidding!!! :D

Lovely
11-15-2007, 09:34 PM
:lol: OLT ^^

Or if you do end up taking one everyday, Heart, just make a nice big flipbook!

Lovely
11-15-2007, 09:42 PM
So true, Shy. I'm not too down about this. I really am keeping my head up! :)

I Heart Diet Coke
11-16-2007, 02:54 AM
Or if you do end up taking one everyday, Heart, just make a nice big flipbook!

dude I am so totally makeing a big ol' animation at the end of all this and call it the incredible shrinking Brittany lol! :D:D

I'm trying to wear the same outfit everyday as well which I think will make it even better :dizzy:

salsa sarah
11-16-2007, 03:05 AM
Faerie sorry to hear about your job and thier lack of direction for you. I know I have to have things therowly explained to me or I dont get it. It will take some time but hopefully thell get to talking to you very soon. There the ones paying you I would think they would want to do everything they can to make shere you understad what you need to do
well good luck on that ok

Shy Momentglad to hear Im not the only one that has erased everythingI rote, not to say glad it happend to you just glad it's a simple mistake.

OneLastTime may I ask what type of diet you are on I'm on the low carb one and I get crap for it all the time but its what works for meyou know

I Heart Diet Coke I tried to click on your pic so I could go to your profiel but it didnt work its probly my slow computer lol
anyway I look forward to seeing your progress pics

SO ladys as i tried to right yesterday:( its ben a long couple days I started a computer class and had a dentist appt. the same day, that was wensday
but to backtrack I dont know what happend on monday but monday night i ended up totaly bendging on carbs I had a chickin pot pie 58 carbs and then some ice cream about 30 carbs needlees to say I didnt feel to well after that. But the next day I didnt skip a beat and continued on my diet.
Im prowd of myself for that only thing is I havent gone to the gym this week I have ben so tierd
? dose walking around Cosco for over an hour pussing a realy heavy cart count torws the gym time?
lol anyways ladys I have to go to bed I have school tommarow good night:)

I Heart Diet Coke
11-16-2007, 03:10 AM
Sarah- mmmmmm chicken pot pie! you just made me want some so bad lol! I won't though :angel: I'm gonna add you on myspace too I think :)

Sexyshado
11-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Good Morning :carrot:

I don't know what it is about posting in groups that are already going, but I sat here for about 20 min typing and erasing, mostly because I wasn't sure what to say. I guess I am a little shy about entering into something already formed. But I am hoping with a little time, I will feel right at home here.

You are all an inspiration to me.

Best Wishes to all..

Lovely
11-16-2007, 12:23 PM
HEY there & :welcome: Sexyshado! Please don't be shy about diving on in. Everyone is welcome here. Please post whenever and about whatever you need to. :D PS - Great job on those 5 lbs lost!

Shy - :lol: I hope your apple was delicious ^^

Salsa - SO important that you "didn't skip a beat" and jumped right back to your healthy plans. :hug:

OLT -'Twas I who asked about your program. Just curious how it works :) (I like knowing about different plans & incorporating aspects into my own when they fit into my lifestyle. The healthier I am the better, and if it takes a combination of ideas so be it!)

Heart - You could make this so unnecessarily complicated by making small motions over months in the same clothing so your animation makes it look like you're dancing your way down! :cb: :lol: I know I know, too much ^^ But I get a kick out of the idea.

Lovely
11-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Shy!!!! :rofl: A ninety year old dancing nude man neighbor. :cb: Sorry couldn't help myself! XD

And I profusely apologize for not being here for your apple-talkin' needs. I am having an apple for lunch today. It's called a "honeycrisp". And I don't think I've ever tried a more delicious apple in my life. It has this hint of honey flavor. <3 it!

OneLastTime
11-16-2007, 08:36 PM

Sexyshado ~ :wave: Welcome.... feel free to post often. Nice to meet you. :cheers:

I Heart Diet Coke ~ OMG.... that would be so freakin' funny to have a flip book of your weight loss. That would be really awesome actually. Good Luck with it!!! :twirly:

Shy ~ OK... thanks for the vision of the 90 year old naked man dancing! I'll have to shake that one out of my head before I go to sleep tonight. blech :stars:

Salsa Sarah & Faerie ~ I will definately share my Weight Loss Plan with you guys. I'll make it a new post though so those who don't want to read it can just skip over it so look for it soon. :write:

About me ~ Guess what ladies???? Within the next few days I will (hopefully) be MOVING THE BIG BLOCK on the scale!!! You know... the big 50 lb. block. I am soooooo looking forward to it. I haven't been under 200 for a good 3-4 years now. I'm excited and kinda nervous at the same time. Bizarre, huh? :goodscale:

Anyway... Keep up the good work everyone!!! :coach: WE CAN DO THIS!!!

countrygirl7902
11-16-2007, 08:58 PM
:welcome2:welcome to all our newbies! MsShe, shephardgirl, and sexyshado - jump right in! glad you're here and hope we can help!

Thanks for all the encouragement and butt-kicking ladies! i needed that! :hug: i've been doing pretty well the last couple days with staying on my diet. i only exercised twice this week, but that's actually good for me :exercise: lol i'm trying to up it to 3 times a week, but i always come up with some excuse.

shepardgirl for the weight tracker you asked about, you can go to user CP like the others mentioned, or their is a Quick Link for it at the top of the page - it says Sig Weight Tracker. or i got mine from tickerfactory.com

faerie i would be frustrated too not knowing exactly what my boss expects of me. but hang in there. i'm sure you'll get the hang of it. don't be afraid to just tell them you need to know what you're responsible for. and good job on not gaining! :cp: especially through the holidays, we should all keep in mind that maintaining is a good thing!

OLT i think i also asked you about the diet. you explained it a bit. i think i get the gist. keep us updated on it!

Shy i love your attitude! so inspiring. i'm so glad you're here to encourage us all. you really keep us focused. i hope we're doing the same for you though! and you have the best naked stories so far! lol

sarah i think walking for an hour, even if it's in a store counts for something. exercise doesn't always have to be high intensity. going to the gym is good, but anything physical is better than sitting on the couch!

OLT congrats on the BIG BLOCK MOVE! :cheer2:

diet coke good to have you back!

OneLastTime
11-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Hey CountryGirl ~ Glad to hear you are back on track cuz I don't want to have to kick your butt again. LOL :kickbutt:

I just realized on your profile that you are a nurse... What kind? I don't know if you knew but I'm a nurse as well. I'm a Psychiatric RN working on a locked inpatient unit in a local hospital. I love to compare nursing stories so feel free anytime!!! :hug:

I Heart Diet Coke
11-16-2007, 10:14 PM
:wave: Hey Guys :wave:

Faerie YES!!! I love the idea of making myself "dance away the pounds" I am soooooo gonna do that!!

Countrygirl thanks glad to be back :D

Shy 90 year old man dancing in front of his window.... lol that's hysterical!

Sexyshado :welcome2: don't ever be shy to post here... everyone is welcome :hug:

So let's see... how did I do today? Pretty good I guess. It was my first official day back on WW actually FOLLOWING the plan. I'm doing the flex plan right now and I'm wondering if I should switch to core next week. Has anyone had success with that? I don't know. I like the idea of being able to eat some things that are "bad" just in moderation. I think that's what I need to learn most anyway. But the idea of not having to count points is really appealing to me :dizzy::dizzy: I just don't know.

I'm headed off to go workout now... and then I'm taking my nightly picture haha so wish me luck ;)

I Heart Diet Coke
11-16-2007, 11:24 PM
well I admit it wouldn't be that funny to me if I had children around to see it. That's pretty gross.... but since it's just me and my husband for now we'd seriously be cracking up lol

Shy Moment
11-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Oh I just die laughing once I get her calmed down. She gets so upset. She is the biggest fuddy duddy you will ever meet lol.

Sexyshado
11-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Well good morning everyone and thank you for the warm welcome.

I'm feeling a little down this morning. I caved in last night and had a bowl of ice cream with hot fudge... It didn't cause me to go over my calories, but I'm pretty sure it sent my fat intake through the roof. I think it was just the stress of this coming weekend. Today is the start of hunting season, which some of you may understand, but it means that my husband will be gone most of the weekend (unless he gets lucky and shoots his buck). This means for me that I am at home with the kids all weekend. I love my kids and all but as a stay at home mom, weekends are my sanity time..... :stress:

Shy: OMG you gave me nightmares last night with that naked 90yr old vision in my head.

Lovely
11-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Goooood Mornin' Lovely Ladies ^^ Yeah, I'm at work on a Saturday... Woo. Hoo. :rolleyes:

OLT - YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!! You go girl! You move that BIG block over soon!!! :cp: I bet you're all :hyper: bouncing up and down can't wait for it to happen ^^

Lola - Glad you're back on track. :hug: You keep going with your eating well & exercise ^^ With small steps you'll make it to where you want to be! As they say "Large leaps may be faster, but small steps are more sure-footed."

Heart -I'm using FlexPoints myself. I'm the type of person who has to know that truly nothing is "off plan". That I can enjoy what I eat as long as I count it towards my total amounts of food for the day. (Which is why I know I personally could never successfully follow a low-carb plan for my entire life. Just one of those things I found out along the way.) However, I always figured that if at some place down the road I truly get stuck with my flexpoints and I need a change that I'd switch to Core for a solid month and give it a try. I've heard it works especially well for people closer to their goal or who are trying to maintain, because it deals with how full you are instead of just the portions. (And there are those 35 points that we can use during core if we do want something that's not on The Core Foods List.) What you could always do is give Core a try for a whole week (like they recommend) and see if you like the results and the lifestyle. You might find out right away if it's for you or not at all. And if not, it's only been one week. You could go right back to the Flexpoints. Eitherway, hope your workout went well! :exercise:

Shy - :wave: Re: Dancing Naked Old Man - It's true I may be a little more horrified if, say, my nephew were around, but were it just "the adults" (and I use the term loosely ;)) we'd all be laughing our butts off! I think a lot of teenage-ish girls have that "It's gross, not funny" mentality! (Is it sad that that actually makes it even funnier for me? :devil: I'm so bad!) Hopefully most of them grow out of it.

Well Sexy Chicks, back to work :p

It's the weekend so extra :dust: for all!!!!

Lovely
11-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Sexyshado - I was typin' when you posted so :P It's okay about the ice cream :hug: we all cave in about some things. Get right back into today. Healthy breakfast, healthy lunch, healthy dinner. If you can, plan them out and you'll be more likely to stick with them! I hope your husband gets back soon, must be kinda tough without him there :( I don't know how young your children are, but you could always plop them in front of morning cartoons and call it a day. Oh yeah... I'll be a great mom.... :lol: Good luck with the rest of the weekend, hun. Don't let one choice decide everything else. :)

lostchick
11-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Shado I understand the whole hunting trip thing. I have a bit of other anxiety over it though when we were engaged (forever ever years ago...) his ritural hunting trip that I hated, 1 year turned into a cheating weekend. Nothing to do with deer hunting. It's over, a one-night stand kinda thing, but ....... well ladies hunting season will never be the same for me. 4 kids later 18 years later and it just isn't over for me. Honey I'm going hunting he says me I say hmmmm.

Ok where is that nurse when I need her :)

brighter notes I don't know where all that just came from. anyhow..

OLT awesome I understand about being nervous and anxious happy and sad at the same time. What a huge milestone whoo hoo! You'll probably get on that scale and it will be 51lbs lost.

I've been away for a few days and I come back to all this naked men stuff LOL I am totally rolling on the floor. Thanks for my saturday morning wake up laugh.

Don't ask about the weight loss. Straight up on plan all week. Fat. still Fat. went to gym first time in 3 years. FAT. did water areobics. FAT.
I gained 7 lbs this week. I know it's impossible but TOM is messing with my life! I lost 5 over night. It's not time it's horrible and I'm just FAT FAT FAT all week. ~ Did I mention it hunting week too. Yes I'm a joy to live with.

I'm sure in a day or so I'll be right again and hopefully down some pounds.

later chicks

Sexyshado
11-17-2007, 10:50 AM
I know I shouldn't beat myself up over it, but I let my chocolate craving overrun myself.

As for my kids, they are 3 and 4... Cartoons don't work for very long. Atm the are playing on nickjr, trying to teach them to take turns..... It's not working so well. :stress:

My husband already called this morning and he got a doe.. Now he's just waiting for his prize buck... Who knows how long that could take. LOL.

As for my weekend, hopefully I will stay within range. I need to have a low week with thanksgiving coming up, it's my favorite holiday.... I went grocery shopping last night and managed to not put anything unhealthy in my cart for the first time. I was so proud of myself, especially when shopping with my SIL and she has all sorts of snacks in hers.

I Heart Diet Coke
11-17-2007, 05:53 PM
okay so tonight for dinner in my house I'm making Chili :chef: :drool: and it's this special recipe that my husband loves... and of course... it's completely unhealthy :( so when I went to the store to buy all the fixins I also bought a can of hormel turkey chili for me and instead of the cherry pie everyone else is having I'm having a smart ones eclair.

so wish me luck tonight that I won't go crazy and eat the bad stuff lol... it'll deffinatly be a challenge.

Shimmeringsun
11-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi everyone,

Well its finally the weekend!! Sorry I haven't been on much posting, stinking work kept me busy, how rude! :lol: Feels like I missed alot this week!

Welcome to the new people that have joined! :)

I hope everyone else is doing well! I think I am getting a cold, I have been feeling crappier as the day has gone by......bleh...:faint:

I did lose one pound this week, not as good as I have been doing but I can't complain.....well I could but no one wants to listen to me whine *LOL*

Take care! :)

mamamona
11-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Hey everybody! Remember me??? It's been a few days since I've been here. Busy and difficult getting on the computer with 2 kids and a husband demanding "their turn".
Welcome to all the Newbies!!
I have been kind of stuck in a weight loss rut so decided to eat "normal" not overdoing it but "normal" for a couple of days. I read this can rev your metabolism. We'll see. Thanksgiving is this week and I know I'll probably blow it but we had a dinner at work the other day and I think I did really well. I only ate things that were "different" and I ate just one little piece of dessert. Usually I would try everything.
Hope everybody had a great weekend.

lostchick
11-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Dot time is slowly fading away and taking all those nasty pounds with it. :cheer:
I've been fairly on plan. If anything I'm making sure my meals are more rounded and have all the necessary things I need. That is definataly a step in the right direction.

although that vending bag of chex mix was a no-no

Today is another day.

Shimmeringsun
11-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Shy don't worry I put on a surgical mask and rubber gloves while I typed my message *LOL*
momamona, good luck with your eating! I am jealous of everyone getting thanksgiving this week, in Canada we have our thanksgiving in October so its way over! :( I want some turkey!
lostchick yep today is another day, just keep going day by day! :)

Sexyshado
11-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Well it's the start of a new week. I am down another 3.5 lbs. :cheer2: I am expecting my first WATP video today and hopefully it's something I like, otherwise I guess I just keep testing them out from Netflix.

Yesterday was a good and bad day. I got up at 4am to go hunting with my husband, by 5:30am I was hiking up to his hunting shack. Gosh you really know how out of shape you are, when you have to stop so many times before you get to the top. He got a doe on Sat, but nothing yesterday. Just not many hunters out I guess. The bad part of the day, was that I didn't get to eat anything till about 4pm when we had dinner, minus the funsize bag of m&m's I had at about 8am. We had eggs, bacon and toast for dinner, which I guess wasn't awful since I hadn't eaten anything, but I let myself go to bed hungry because I was afraid I would just get out of control if I had something else.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Gotta run for now, but I am sure you will all hear from me again today. :)

countrygirl7902
11-19-2007, 08:45 PM
hi ladies! i miss getting on here more often. it's good for me, but i'm just so tired at the end of the day!

i've been doing pretty well. not sticking to the diet plan as strictly as i did last month but i'm doing well enough. eating healthy but not totally deprived of the good stuff. exercised three times last week which i'm happy with.

diet coke mmm chili. that sounds good. i should try making mine with ground turkey one of these days.

shimmering get well! :hug: good job on the 1 pound!!!

mona good job on eating well at the work dinner. i think we're all going to have to accept that fact that at the end of thanksgiving we're gonna feel like we ate too much, but that's ok. it's a holiday. as long as we don't eat an entire pie or something! lol

shado whenever i skip meals, i end up binging later. so i'd say you did pretty well, especially since you were out hunting and not home. but don't starve yourself either! i have to have a balance or end up really messing up. keep it up!

shy i still haven't convinced myself that this isn't a diet! i think i'm gonna have to work a little harder on that one!

Sexyshado
11-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Shy: I totally understand about the mountain dew, I was one of those people who drank nothing but soda all day long, now I have gotten much better about that and only allow myself 1-2 a day. Eventually I hope to cut it out completely, but for now it's not hindering my progress.

Last night we made venison sloppy joes for dinner.. MMMMM.. I didn't realize that nutrition wise, how much of a difference there was between venison and beef. Thankfully, I don't think we will run out of ground venison anytime soon.
Today I am hunting around for a good chicken soup recipe. I have yet to try one that I actually liked. I'm not a real big soup eater, but my husband does so I try to make it for him occasionally. Hopefully, I will actually enjoy this next one.

Question for you gals, if you knew you weren't getting in enough fruits and veggies, would you supplement with like V8? Or just get a vitamin supplement for all the nutrients you would be missing?
I am trying to figure out a way to increase my intake, but I've always been a meat and potatoes kind of gal.

Good Luck to everyone today.

OneLastTime
11-20-2007, 04:00 PM

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I've been reading everyday and keeping up, just no energy to write. I've worked many extra shifts at the hospital due to the high risk of violence on our unit right now. I am actually sitting here now with several bruises and many, many aching muscles from holding a patient back from physically assaulting another staff member. He's a paranoid schizophrenic and thought the guy was after him so was gonna "get him first before he gets me" kind of attack. I haven't fought that hard in a while to hold someone back, it took a lot out of me. Then of course, taking the patient down to the floor so we can hold him still until he calms down is always tricky. I always get massive bruises on my knees and butt cuz us nurses have to make sure we go down first and bring the patient down slowly so they don't get hurt in the process. It sounds easy in theory but when they are punching, kicking, biting, screaming, etc. it's not to easy. It was actually two days ago and I'm even more sore now than I was yesterday. :(

Anyway... sorry to blab on about all that... needed to whine a little I guess. I've been doing well on my program. Lost more weight this week!!! Actually hit my goal of 200 and went under since last time I changed my ticker. I did it!!! I did it!!! I'm finally under 200!!! I am at 198.0 right now. Thank you ladies so much for being there and supporting me along the way. You have all been fabulous. I know I said I would write out what my program is about a week ago... I just haven't had time... I will, I promise. My family and I are going out of town from Wednesday to Saturday so I may not be able to get on here from my mom's house... we'll see.

I see everyone is doing pretty well for the most part. Just remember, when we make a mistake, it's OK!!! Just get back on track. Don't beat yourself up over it... just move on. We all didn't get to our weights by eating one wrong food, one wrong meal, missing one day of exercise so going the other way is just as slow. Take a moment to breathe and reflect on why you want to lose the weight and smile because you know you WILL do it!! :hug:

Gonna run... I'll check in later.

Sexyshado
11-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Shy: Grats on the 2lb loss :cheer:
OneLastTime: Congrats on getting below 200. :cheer: I know I can't wait to be back there myself. Sorry about all the bruises, but I do understand what it's like.

So, today I decided I would give my WATP video a shot. I rented the Express Easy Walk/Brisk Walk from Netflix. After making it through 1 mile, I decided to do another 1 mile walk cause it just seemed like 1 wasn't enough. I didn't even realize how short a mile was, gosh just thinking about it makes me wonder how many miles I walk around in my house each day... LOL...
Well, guess I should get back to my soup... Time to get all the chicken off the bones.

OneLastTime
11-20-2007, 04:53 PM
I just gotta hop on my soap box for a min and brag....

I am UNDER 200!!!! I lost 32 lbs. so far and at 198 I am UNDER 200 for the first time in approx. 3-4 years.

You know, you do this diet and exercise thing for a while, you quit, you do it again, you quit, you do it again and quit. Eventually something happens and it feels like "the" time, the time when you'll go all the way. Well, I feel like THIS is "the" time for me. I don't even know if that makes any sense... I just know it feels really good and it feels right.

Thanks for listening!! :hug:

Shy Moment
11-20-2007, 07:16 PM
One
Those numbers are a little familiar to me lol. I started at 198 I lost 32lbs before this weigh in lol. You will do it, I know you will. I remember 6 months ago at 198. Seems like time has just flown by. Can't wait to see the weight just drop off of you. I am so proud of you I could just burst.

Shy Moment
11-20-2007, 07:22 PM
My 17 year old daughter just called me from work. " Mom, what does it mean when steam is comeing from under the hood of the car and the hot light is on?" " Kathleen, it means you call your fathers cell phone not mine. lol "

AJinTN
11-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Good evening ladies!

ShyMoment - "...call your father's cell phone..." Too funny!

To all of you who have been losing lbs - :carrot: - WAY TO GO! KEEP IT UP!

I haven't been doing very well the past few days. We had a potluck at lunch on Friday, and then a Thanksgiving meal on Monday for lunch. Grrr. Who plans these things?? I also skipped exercising this weekend, so I'm not sure I'm going to make my 1000 minute goal. The only hope I have is that we will be spending Thursday-Saturday at my Mom's house, with 2 sisters, two brother in-laws, and their 7 children (all 6 and under!). I think my husband and I will be looking forward to getting out for a walk every once in a while! My sisters and I all live in different states, so I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.......but in all honesty going from living with my husband and dog to living with kids so young, it can be a bit of a shock to the system (and my patience). I hope I don't sound like a bad Auntie!

Well hopefully I'll get back here one more time before leaving Thursday, but if I don't - I really hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I hope you and your friends/family have a wonderful time doing whatever it is you're doing.

Shy Moment
11-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Ajin
I feel sorry for you all those kids lol. I was lucky my children's father is 20 years older than I am. Everyone kids were at least half grown before we had children. I didn't have to put up with kids but my own lol.

OneLastTime
11-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Shy ~ OMG... you crack me up!!! :lol: I just love your answer to your daughter!!!

Thank you ladies for all the congrats!! It's a proud day!!

countrygirl7902
11-20-2007, 11:37 PM
hi ladies! i am exhausted. by the time i get home from work, make dinner, clean up and wash dishes, and put my son to bed (after watching power rangers of course) i just have no energy left. i did stop at curves to exercise and i stayed under my WW points, so i'm happy with myself today. i lost another pound, but i'm still 2 pounds away from the monthly goal i set for myself. maybe i'll get lucky but i don't know cuz there's only 10 days left. oh well, i guess monthly goals aren't the most important thing in the world right?

shado V8 might be good but definitely check the nutrition label. i don't know how many cals/sodium is in that stuff. i do like the one that's both fruit/veggie though. i increased my fruit/veggie intake by making sure i have one or the other in every meal, like fruit with breakfast and salad with dinner. plus i eat apples or oranges or applesauce for snacks. maybe put some fruit in yogurt or something? and yes i've heard it's good to take a multivitamin while you're dieting. i take one with calcium cuz i don't eat a whole lot of dairy.

OLT congrats on the weight loss!!! what a milestone! oh and i totally understand about combative patients. i've had my share. hang in there!

shy you're right we should think about eating as a lifestyle and not a diet. i just haven't adjusted my mindset yet! i'm stubborn LOL

AJ ugh. office food. that always kills me. i'm lucky though cuz i work in the field and don't have to be stuck in the office all day with all the potluck food calling my name. but everytime we have a meeting, there's all kinds of bad delicious stuff. it's all or nothing for me. if i start eating it i can't stop. good luck with all the kids this week! i have a 4 year old, but i still get stressed out by mobs of other people's kids. it can be stressful. getting out for a walk now and then might help. have fun!

Shy Moment
11-20-2007, 11:53 PM
countrygirl
Nice going on the weight loss. My goal is always 1lb a week. So far so good. I lose more I am excited, I don't I am not disappointed lol. I have thought of this as a different way of eating from day one. But then, I don't do without anything. If I want something I eat it lol. I make sure I get all the required amounts of all the four basic food groups but that doesn't mean I am getting all the vitamins and minerals and trace minerals depending on my choices. That is why I take a good multi vit.

Lovely
11-21-2007, 08:21 AM
Hey Everybody! :D

So first of YAAAAAAYYYYY to OLT for your Onederland progress!!!! :woohoo: :celebrate: WTG!!!! :D

Shy - :rofl: That phone call ^^ And YAY! 2 lbs down! Woot!

Lola - :hug: It's been stressful. I know. You do still have time during the rest of this month. And while it would be nice if you made your monthly goal. I think losing 4 lbs is great!

Shado - I agree with everyone else that they may be alright every once and awhile, but I wouldn't have one all the time due to their high amount of sodium. (I think they have a low sodium version out there though... not positive.) My personal thing is to take a daily vitamin. It's something both my doctor & WW recommends.

AJ - Ya know... a lot of us can get tripped up not because of the holidays, but because of the time around the holidays. Time was that Thanksgiving happened one day a year. Now it happens like 3 times that week. Something at work, something at a friends, then ACTUAL Thanksgiving. Don't let it keep you down :) Focus on getting your exercise in for the rest of the week. It'll keep your thoughts busy.

So, today is my work's pre-Thanksgiving food thing. (Why?... Why is that even necessary? *sigh*) But I'm doing well so far avoiding the table of crap. (Granted it's only been 15 minutes, but ya know "don't belittle your accomplishments" :lol:)

I'm really proud of myself this week. I was able to, again, exercise every day, even for a little bit of time, and only once this week did i miss one cup of water for the day. I can FEEL the weight loss this week! I know I did well. I'm getting weighed in tonight instead of tomorrow (no WW's are open tomorrow) but that's fine because I'll be able to keep this week's number in my head during dinner on Thanksgiving.

I'm bringing a healthy treat for my family. It's cubed up butternut squash and apple butter. That's it. Mixed together and baked at 375 for about 45 minutes. It's sweet, but not too sweet, and it's friggin' apples & squash! (I got an all natural type of apple butter so there wouldn't be a lot of added sugars and what-not.)

Also! My sister has planned to go walking with me a little while after our dinner so that we can spend some time together, and work off a little bit of dinner. I'm not going to spend the rest of the evening laying on the sofa, because I'm too stuffed to move! :lol:

I hope to stop on later, but if I can't, I wish all the USAians out there a Happy & Healthy Thanksgiving! Good luck with all your plans, sexy ladies ^^

OneLastTime
11-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Good Morning Ladies ~ :hug:

THANK YOU for all your support and encouragement!! I couldn't do this without you. I love coming here and checking in!!

Faerie ~ Good luck with weigh in tonight!! Even if you don't lose, don't get discouraged, all your hard work will catch up and you WILL lose. I'm so proud of you for making good choices and for planning ahead to get some exercise after THE BIG MEAL with your sister. It should be good for you physically and mentally.

Lola ~ Don't stress about the monthly goal... you still have time but 4 lbs. in 4 weeks is still awesome!!! You rock girlfriend... You have so many other things on your plate right now... being a single mom especially... I am so impressed that you are tackling your health at the same time. Be proud of yourself!! My daughter is 12 and I'm just finally getting around to it!

Shado ~ They DO have a low sodium V8... Personally I think it's awful but that's because I LOVE the regular V8. I stay away from it though because of the sodium. Take a multivitamin, it's your best bet. I started taking one with my new weight loss program and I feel the best I've felt in quite some time!

Shy ~ You continue to amaze me with your consistent support of everyone here and rarely complaining or needing support yourself. Don't forget... we are here for you too!! How funny that our numbers are matching like that... love it!!

AJ ~ I've made a personal rule when I'm at work. If I have to go into "the room" where the food is set up on a "bring crap to work day" I always make sure to have a full glass of icewater or a nice mug of coffee in my hands when I go in and sip on that. I've also told everyone that I am losing weight and immediately say NO when anyone approaches with food, candy, etc. and turn away. It gives me a sense of empowerment each time I say no cuz I say it very firmly. It's very annoying actually because you'd think they would stop approaching but of course they don't. Good luck with the kids... I love kids but I always dread when there are too many that are too young... take some Tylenol with you. lol

I'll check in later... If I don't see some of you again... Enjoy your thanksgiving, don't stress over the food/calories/whatever.... DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!! :hug:

lostchick
11-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Morning everyone. Way to Go OLT it's so empowering to say no isn't it. Although when I say it I come off witchy. whatever this is "me" time. You must have been so excited about the 50lb mark. I hope to share that oh about this time next year I'm sure :)

Not talking personal weight gain this week. Yesterday was rididculous Did I fall off the wagon? Heck I didn't even know where the wagon was. I woke up and started over this morning. On track. yeah. oh it's only 10am but still charging on.

Shy.... Yes I get those calls all the time. Oh honey you miss dialed...
this is Mom.

Gotta run today I'm on a 12 hour shift and I haven't even begun turkey day stuff yet. Major Chaos.

Lovely
11-21-2007, 11:22 AM
lost - Excellent work getting right back on track :) That's what this is all about!

I've had to say "no thank you" to plenty of foods, but I always feel like I'm coming off cold, too. I swear I'm not! I am thankful that they've thought of me and are offering things to me, but I just don't want to eat them >_< Oh well, can't please everyone, can only be happy with myself.

OneLastTime
11-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Lost ~ Awesome job getting back on the wagon .... That's the best you can do, don't beat yourself up... just move forward.

Yes, sometimes I feel like a "witch" but I am at the point where I can't eat things people bring anymore because I feel I need to be "polite". That's half the reason I got so overweight in the first place. You are right.... this is ME (US) time and we need to do this for US so I'm simply doing it right whether people think I'm being a "witch" or not. Most of the time I'll approach them later in the day when they aren't carrying the tray of goodies and say thank you for the offer, I'm just trying REALLY hard to be good and I've had a couple people say they are impressed with my willpower. That way I don't think I'm damaging too many relationships along the way either.

Anyway... off to run errands.... Later sexy chicks!!! :hug:

Lovely
11-21-2007, 02:19 PM
:lol: I agree, I can't politely stay fat because people want me to eat more food! Sounds so silly when saying like that.

OneLastTime
11-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Ya, imagine Faerie ~ "I'm going to stay fat so I don't upset someone else or hurt their feelings when I don't eat their brownie, cookie, cake, Halloween candy, etc." Enough of that!!! :hug:

Lovely
11-21-2007, 04:33 PM
*gulp* It's almost time for my official weigh-in. Just thought I'd type a quick note before going out. Always builds my confidence to see our great little group ^^ :grouphug:

Stopping in this morning truly helped me avoid the food table at work today. Some stuff definitely looked yummy, but the thought of having to say that I ate things that I didn't really want to eat didn't make me feel so hot. I literally thought "I want to be able to write a success story, not a sob story." So thanks to you guys and your accountability! :hug:

OneLastTime
11-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Glad to hear Faerie ~ Awesome job!!!! Good luck with weigh-in. I would hate to weigh in late in the day. I am one of those "first thing in the morning, after you pee, butt naked" kind of weigh-in types!! Not that you really needed THAT vision!!! :yikes::faint:

Shy Moment
11-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Onelasttime
I weigh in every couple of weeks at the docs office after I pick my daughter up from school. That makes the weigh in about 3:30pm. Not sure they would like it if I tryed to weigh in naked lol. She has only ever asked me to get naked one time lol.

You really have no idea how much just coming here and chatting with everyone helps me. Sometimes when I want to eat everything in the house. I come in the den, close the door and type away instead of eat. :) You all give me great support. Sometimes, as I am chatting with you, making you feel good and trying to give a bit of advice. I am giving that advice to myself too. Today has been a I feel fat and yucky day. I have flab ( of course I have flab, I am no longer solid fat lol it looks worse before it looks better ) thank heavens not really excess skin. Just that pushy stuff that use to be hard solid fat not muscle lol. I am starting to feel muscles now. Its been a hard day. I did something ( hubby insisted ) I haven't done in, I can't remember the last time. I spent 60 dollars and had my hair done. Now that amount of money might not seem a lot to some. For me it took me 6 months to save that in my cookie jar. I NEVER spend money on myself. Oh my hair looks so nice and I feel so much better about how I look.

Faerie
I swear I would rather lie to my husband about what I eat than to you girls. You all keep me from eating lots of stuff just because I don't want to have to type " I BLEW IT TODAY" lol

Lostchick

:rofl:

It is going to be a long night with lots of naps. Turkey is in the oven. Starting at 9 pm it is basted every 1 to 2 hours ( depends how long it takes me to get off the couch starting at about 4 am lol.

Lovely
11-21-2007, 10:04 PM
EEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! ^^ I'm so excited!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127551

Check it out :D

Thanks you gals! You are awesome. I LOVE chattin' it up in here!

Shy Moment
11-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Faerie
I think that is just wonderful. Nice going girl. How on earth did you lose that much in one week and still eat all the required amounts of the four basic food groups. Come on, tell me your secret lol.

Lovely
11-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Thanks Shy! The secret is to retain a huge bunch of water from the previous week. And then dump it right before weigh-in >_> Almost like magic! :lol: I haven't lost 6 lbs since the first week of my changes. I'll be back to my 1-2 lbs :) And I'm very, very happy with that!

Shy Moment
11-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Faerie
Well If I can stop going potty for a few days that might work but since I go about 5,000000000 times a day. I don't have much hope of retaining much lol.

lostchick
11-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Ahh yes my politness has kept me fat.

SHY interesting. I had lost about 15 pounds on atkins a few years ago and that in between stage of swishy fat had me concerend. I guess I had rather been a full balloon then a deflated one. weird mindset I had then. I gave up my diet and just did what I wanted .... hmmm now I'm back where I started. I hope I can get through that squishy time this time.

I totally understand the lieing to others but the ticker stares at me every moringing and typing "I blew it" just isn't an option anymore.

I'm tired of being fat and feeling crummy
come on sexy chicks all together now.
"I'm tired of being fat and feeling crummy"

Shy Moment
11-22-2007, 12:45 PM
lostchick
For each of us different things work. Mine is chatting with everyone here. I have more trouble eating enough instead of eating to much.

Shimmeringsun
11-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone,
I hope everyone enjoyed their turkey day yesterday! :)

Faerie a big :congrat: on your losing over 60 pounds, that is amazing! You should feel so proud of yourself! :hug: By the way how is the new job going??

I hear you all on people that make you feel bad when you say no to their treats or such that they offer you. Its like HELLO there is a reason why I got this big and its because of your treats, so can't you give me a little credit for finally saying no instead of acting that its this big offence!? I had a lady at work that would do that to me all the time drove me nuts, but I never gave in to her, so she may think I am a witch but I am lighter for it! :)

OneLastTime yep that is me Sat morning when I weigh in, I try and avoid at looking at the mirrors :lol: and that bladder better be empty before I get on the scale!

Shy good for you treating yourself! I am glad you enjoyed it! And that you are noticing changes in your body, see all your hard work is paying off! :)

lostchick just keep taking it day by day, and when you do have an off day don't get down on yourself as everyone does it, just start back into the routine the next day. You will be fine! :)

Working the extra time the past couple of weeks I haven't had time to come in here at all and I have really missed reading everyone's posts everyday. You really help me stay positive! I hope I will be back in here daily soon!

Take care everyone!

Shy Moment
11-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Shimmering
So many holidays left lol. Dec Christmas, Jan my sons birthday, Feb valentines day. March hubby's birthday, April anniversary I don't get a break for awhile lol.

lostchick
11-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Yes coming here and chatting has been a wonderful outlet and a wealth of information.

It also helps for personal accountability. :)

Quiet today. hope everyone one had a great "mostly" on plan turkey day yesterday. Peanut butter pie (sliver of it) was my only downfall :cheer:

still weighed higher today ???? whatever. I'm hiding the scale for a while.

Smiling_Sara
11-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Hello Ladies!! I don't know if you remember me, but i have posted in these threads in the past. Got kinda busy in the past few weeks and was unable to post as often as I would like to. I hope that to change and get to know everyone better!! I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving with your loved ones. :hug:

Oh, and question, where is the profiles at for the Sexy Chicks?

Shy Moment
11-24-2007, 12:41 AM
borntofly
Of course we remember you lol. I think profiles are in general profiles.

lostchick

That is the very reason I only do a weigh in twice a month. Thank heavens I did my last one right before Thanksgiving. I have two weeks to take off what I might have gained lol.

Sexyshado
11-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Good morning Ladies!

Well, it's been a long past couple of days. Spent wednesday and most of thursday cooking. Managed to get in a mile thursday morning, before running out the door with my part of the thanksgiving dinner... The rolls, green bean casserole and sweet potatoes... I think I did pretty well at dinner time. I only gave myself a spoonful of the things I like, tho I did have 2 rolls. I couldn't believe how stuffed I was off so little food. And to top it all off, TOM came rolling in that day... Uggg... Don't think I will be weighing on my usual Monday morning.

Yesterday morning was christmas shopping... 3:30am is something I am glad I don't see very often.. LOL. But it was my first time out on Black Friday and I'm sure glad I went. Although now, I wish I had taken advantage of more sales.

Shy: I totally know what you mean about craziness this time of year. I have my twin nephews b-day on the 18th, Christmas, my son's b-day is New Years, then my nieces b-day on the 28th. Febuary is my anniversary and valentines day, thankfully I get a break in march before all the craziness starts again.

Faerie: Congrats on the 60lbs :cheer: It must feel amazing.

Lovely
11-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks for all the congratulations, Chicas! :hug: It means so much to me to be able to celebrate with all of you!!!

lostchick - I totally agree. I -am- tired of feeling fat & crummy. And I know we're all happy to be doing something about it! And great going staying "mostly" on plan. It's only one meal. So as long we all look at it that way and get back to our usual routines we'll be fine ^^

Shimmering - Thanks!!!! The new job is going slowly :lol: But, it's a good change. I'm feeling more confident about it as it goes on. :) Also, you know what? Good for you for sticking up for yourself with those lady's treats! THAT'S what this is about!

Borntofly - We never forget a name! My Thanksgiving was fun and I hope yours was, too ^^ Here's the link to the profiles sticky: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125796

Shado - Thanks for the congrats :) Oh boy, you braved the 4 AM X-mas sales? Gah! I don't think I ever could! ^^ At least you had fun doing it!!!

So. Thanksgiving. I did my yoga tape in the morning. I ate a sensible breakfast. I enjoyed myself for lunch/dinner with the family. My sister, mother & I all went for a 30 minute walk around the beach after the meal. Later on when I was snacky, I grabbed some dried apple chips and munched on those to stay satisfied. I had a good day. And while I went "off-plan" I planned around that! So I'm happy! :D

Also, even though I ate what I wanted (and am kind of paying for it now... but that's TMI :lol:) I found out that one plate of food was so much more than it ever used to be for me. I got full up pretty fast. Also, since I'm getting back on track I realize that this is something I can do for one meal holidays and be successful about. That it won't trigger me to eat nothing but holiday foods for days on end, and gain 15 lbs in a week.

Now Friday was a lazy day and I didn't exercise. (Bad me! :lol:) However, I did well with my food points & got my water in.

Today. Back on track completely. Got in a good breakfast. I'm drinking my water. I'm going on the treadmill after lunch. Going to plan out dinner for tonight so that I won't be tempted by snacks & junk. All in all, I believe this has been the least fattening Thanksgiving weekend I've ever had in my life. Last year and years before it would be an all out food fest with no exercise ever. And for me this year is a shining example of what's truly successful. This is forever, so if I can do what I've done this year for every year coming and be satisfied then THAT'S what's important.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend so far!!!! (Remember that Thanksgiving is over, so even if there are still "holiday foods" around that they now need to be portioned out :D We can stick with this, sexy chicas!)

:grouphug:

countrygirl7902
11-24-2007, 02:29 PM
hey ladies! i've missed you! :hug: i've been so busy with family stuff i've been neglecting my sexy chicks! i have to go right now, but i promise to get on later tonight and catch up with you all.

lostchick
11-24-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm being treated to the movies today and you know what that means..... POPCorn. I don't care. I cannot give up movie popcorn. I will feel crummy tommorrow. kinda like this I'm sure :frypan:
I get to go out to movies oh... maybe 2 times a year. so it will be a non day. Movie pop corn and extra butter. I'm not even feeling guilty. :devil:

Remind me of this later when I'm witching and moaning about those extra pounds :) Besides I've officially put the darn thing away for 2 days. I'm testing my willpower to not look.

Later sexy chicks.

Lovely
11-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Hey there Lola! :wave:

lost - 2 times a year eating movie popcorn with extra butter is not a big deal! And good for you not feeling guilty :D If later on it's starting to catch up with you, make up for it a little by exercising for 10 more minutes a few days in a row. What movie you going to see?

OneLastTime
11-24-2007, 03:28 PM

Congratulations ladies for making some healthier choices, planning ahead, drinking lots of water or at least jumping right back on track after THE BIG MEAL. :hug:

Like some of you said, I, too, found myself full very quickly. It was amazing... I only took a small amount of each thing that I liked (I'm talking one spoonful) and I was stuffed soon enough. I did, however, eat lots of veggies and drank my water BEFORE the meal started so that probably helped. I was able to stay away from the desserts, but I did, however, have one bite of pecan pie... Mmmmm... Ate it slowly and enjoyed it thoroughly. I really feel like I did OK on Thanksgiving.... my bigger problem was hopping back on track Friday. I ate some things I shouldn't have eaten on Friday because I was kinda in the habit from Thursday of eating anything I wanted. BUT... back on track today and doing well. :)

I'm actually feeling kinda sad today. Not sure why...maybe the post holiday blues. It's one of those days where the mood kicks in and there isn't much you can do about it so I just let it be. Kinda like when PMS kicks in except I know that's not it. I'm wondering if it's a chemical imbalance from the foods I ate yesterday that I haven't eaten in quite some time... like coming down from a sugar high. :?: Who knows.

Hubby and I are going to the movies tonight. We are seeing Into the Wild... not exactly a pick me up kinda movie so that will really help. lol I'm going to smuggle in some carrots and celery so I can snack during the movie. I'm a movie popcorn freak too but I've cheated enough lately that I think I'll feel better about it if I don't cheat AGAIN today. :(

I'll check back in a while ladies... Have a great day and keep up the good work... I'm proud of you guys!! :hug:

Lovely
11-24-2007, 03:51 PM
OLT - :wave: I hope your mood picks up :hug: Everyone around you is going to think you're snacking on crunchy salty chocolatey whatever, and in the dark theater only you'll know the truth! ;) Enjoy the movie.

OneLastTime
11-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Well ladies ~

Still feeling pretty blah :dunno: No idea why...

The movie was pretty good... long, but good. Went with hubby and we saw Into the Wild. I was good, just drank and drank my water the whole time. Of course, then I had to get up and pee in the middle of the movie which is always fun. I struggled the whole friggin' time about getting the popcorn... the old voice kept saying "you can have it just this once" but the new voice kept saying "just this once is how you got this overweight in the first place, just walk away." Oh ya, did I ever tell you I hear voices? :D ;)

I hope you all had a great day. I'm looking forward to talking with you ladies tomorrow. :hug:

OneLastTime
11-25-2007, 12:18 AM
EEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! ^^ I'm so excited!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127551

Check it out :D

Thanks you gals! You are awesome. I LOVE chattin' it up in here!

Awesome :cheers: Job !!!
You Go Girl !!

unstoppable
11-25-2007, 10:42 AM
It's been a long time since posting. Well, you all suond like you did great over the holidays. Congrats. As for me I ate pretty much what I wanted for the past 3 days, however, I still managed to lose 3 pounds, so I am very thankful. Today i have to get back into the swing of things and stay focused. Good lick all.

Shy Moment
11-25-2007, 07:54 PM
unstoppable
Nice going on the weight loss. You just keep on going.

Onelast
Well it wasn't the once that got us fat. lol Do those voices tell you to come and shovel my drive this winter when the snow gets to 18 inches lol.

Sexy
I told the kids one they turn 21 that is it. That is the last year they get anything. After that it will be a gift certificate and a cake lol. They weren't to happy. My son is the big baby, he likes the decorations and a big deal made of everything. lol

countrygirl7902
11-26-2007, 12:03 AM
well ladies, i finally found my way back to the computer lol. i was trying to start a new thread for us each week, but i've been really lazy about that. so i think in december i'll start just doing it once a month. unless someone else who's more on the ball than me wants to jump in and do it.

anyway, look for the new thread i started to finish out this month!

unstoppable
12-22-2007, 01:14 PM
I have not logged on in a while. No new weight loss, but i did manage to maintain, which is great. Have been off the band wagon in terms of exercise and diet. But I am back on track today. Hope everyone is doing great!!!