General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-13-2007, 12:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/168/150

Height: 5'2

Default C-Section Help

I've had 3 c-sections and because of that I've become very insecure with my stomach area. Just below my belly button is a pouch of skin/fat. It just hangs and actually hurts sometimes feels like my belly button is being ripped. I've tried everything to reduce it even in the slightest way. I'm still working on my resistence ball hoping for a miracle but a tummy tuck is all I've been told will rid this gross thing on my body.

Can anyone offer advice that works? Anying going thru this along with me?

My insurance ( Tricare ) will only pay for a tummy tuck if it is medically needy which in fact I may be but don't want to get my hopes up and have a big let down
MaryO25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Sounds like you have adhesions (Scar tissue). No exercise or diet will get rid of scar tissue. Insurance is REALLY particular about tummy tucks now days. More likely they will pay to have your scar tissue removed but that is it...no abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). You would have to make up the difference financially if you wanted the tummy tuck.

I have this too, after 2 c-sections. No fun i know and the pains from adhesions is sharp...or mine is. Blue cross blue shield basically laughed when i broached this subject with them. They didnt even agree to remove my adhesions...they were too paranoid i wanted a free tummy tuck out of it. And i didnt even mention a tummy tuck...they did. So they were WAY paranoid and aprehensive...depends on how hard you want to fight them and how much effort your doc will put in. But in the end, they will just do adhesion removal...if that.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I say get a referal to a plastic surgeon and go get an answer that way. you can't make a decision without all of the information.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote