Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 11-13-2007, 10:35 AM   #1  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Red face November Nursing Mommies

Just wanted to do a roll call. I'm still here. Kate is almost 5 months old and we're still nursing - I'm pumping the 3 days at work - that's a drag. My supply is not great. Kate is sleeping through the night - yay girl! I am definitely not getting up to pump if she's sleeping through!
I'm down 40 lbs since the day Kate arrived. Pretty much stalled out the past 7 weeks though. Trying to break the stall but afternoons and sweets are my downfall.
Who else is out there?
Kim
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:50 PM   #2  

Hi! my daughter is 8months and will be 9months tomorrow.....still nursing and going strong...I want to make it to the year!!!
willba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #3  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

I haven’t posted in this area for awhile, but I’m still nursing & my DD is exactly 9 months today as well. I’m planning to start weaning DD. She just really isn’t into it any more. The only time she nurses well is right before bed or during the night, she also stared biting about two months ago. I don’t think I can take much more of it. I thought it would pass and it hasn’t, she really finds it quite funny even if I do my best to keep a straight face and give her no reaction. I have a huge freezer stash so I should have enough to last her until she’s one.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #4  

Just stopping in. My dd is 2.5 mo. I just wish nursing didn't leave me starving all the time.
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:16 PM   #5  

Wow I feel the same way...I am always hungry.....I started taking the pre-natal stash of vitamins before bed....instead of during the day.....
willba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:01 AM   #6  
Amberlee

S/C/G: 199/153/130

Height: 5.4

Red face aggravated by insignificant weight loss!

Maybe I just think it is insignificant...My baby is 2 months old and I have only lost 20 lbs (from when I went into labor). I weigh myself every wednesday and this week I didnt lose anything! I only eat like 1600 calories and 30 grams of fat and still nothing! The baby isnt breastfeeding as much now that im back at work, and its nearly impossible to pump, so that could be going better...Anyone else frustrated?
crzychk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #7  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

I'm still here, though I'm off South Beach for now. I'm tandem nursing my 16 month old DD and 3 year old DS. Despite being on the mini-pill (while we wait for DH's vasectomy to get scheduled), we just found out I'm pregnant again. Right now I'm 15 lbs higher than when I got pregnant with DD, so not a good starting point.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:28 AM   #8  
Amberlee

S/C/G: 199/153/130

Height: 5.4

Default oh kestrel i feel your pain...

I have 3 boys...1 just turned 3 in october another just turned 1 in july and I had my 3rd loast september. My hands are full too, though im only breastfeeding my 2 month old. Having babies close together is quite a challenge but believe it or not having three babies isnt much harder than having 2. So keep your head up it will be O.K. I freaked out a little too, but you will become less worrysome soon!
crzychk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:11 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Now that the month is nearly over, I'll check in too. lol. DS is 8 mos now and still nursing. He's eating a lot of solids and nursing less, and thus begins the transition to weaning. We're still aiming to make it to the 12 month mark.
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:08 AM   #10  

I keep reading and forgetting to log on. I'm still here. Brody is almost 4 months (and 19 pounds!). He's a milk hog. I'm doing great. I'm within 8 pounds of pre-pregnancy goal. I started a salsa/strength/pilates class last week. I'm working constantly, but eating off the wagon. I am opening a food prep business and sampling way too much! I feel strong and healthy though. Hoping to not gain anything during the holidays and to really get back to exercising in January. I got pregnant about a year ago and haven't done much for working out since then because of complications. It feels good to exercise, I just need to get it back to being a habit.
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #11  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/120

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone. I'm glad I found this forum. I'm still nursing my 16 month old. Nursing really did not help me at all with weight loss, I guess because it made me so hungry. We're only nursing mornings and nights now, so my appetite is getting back to normal. It's nice to see so many breastfeeding moms on here.
mom2jackandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:45 PM   #12  
Not so Newbie

S/C/G: 217/217/120

Height: 5'1''

Hello ladies. I'm just getting going on 3fc's and I for sure needed this forum. I have a almost 2 month old that I'm nursing. I hope to go for a year but we will just go with the flow and see how it goes. I go back to work Jan 2 and I will be pumping at work. That is also the day I am going to start Weight Watchers. I hope to get to know some of you ladies on this journey. =)
christih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #13  
aka "Minnie"

S/C/G: 175/155/135

Height: 5'3

Default Is there a January Nursing Mommies thread?

Hi there, I was pretty good at posting in September...but now I am back, looking for you nursing mommies and could not find a current spot to post. Hopefully this will work. I dont know how to start a new thread.
so, Happy New Year to you all.
minnesotaffwife is offline   Reply With Quote