Old 11-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Post Core Chat: Nov. 12 (late) - Nov. 18

Hi All: Here's our new pages....there are posts from today on last week's thread. Sorry to be late starting the new thread....stayed away longer than I expected.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #2  

Well, I went to Michigan, on a mission. DH and I had encountered some resistance when we crossed the Canadian border last time. They told him that he had to officially import his car, or get it out of the country. So, since it costs a lot of $$ to import a car, and he didn't want to sell it, I drove it to his nephew's in Michigan. It will stay there until we leave Canada in the summer of 2009.

It was a little expense, a medium-sized hassle, but it's done. DH drove with me the border, then came back to Toronto on the train, and I drove on into Michigan. I flew back home today.

My eating wasn't too bad, but I certainly had some wine. DH's nephew knows good wine, and I was gonna have it! But, back on the wagon until Christmas, for sure.

I've decided that come &^* or high water, I'm starting back to tomorrow. I'll report in on my success. It's just got to be done, and tomorrow is as good a day as any.

Go check out a new thread that Patti started for goodies. I haven't got anything to contribute to that, but I'll try to think of something.

Take care all,
Rhonda
Old 11-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, what an adventure you two had! Sounds like something Curtis and I would do. I'm glad you had some wine. I haven't officially begun exercising (), but I'm still working my buns off around the playhouse.

We go to WW for WI tomorrow afternoon. This will be a change. I hope we have losses even though we'll be weighing in the PM instead of the AM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:46 AM   #4  
Donna

Good Morning All,

Well day one of being back on plan went well. Didn't get in exercise, and wasn't core, but was w/in my points and waaaaaaaaaay better than I have been.

Rhonda - I've made that train ride from Windsor (and from Sarnia years ago) and it's not too bad. I've also flown, first time I used my passport (not much of a world traveler). DH and I are thinking of taking the train to Toronto this winter for a weekend. Welcome back.

Patti - Gotta go check out your thread. Did I read right and no protein yesterday? I'd be starving.

Coco - How's it going? How did WI go yesterday?

Vicki - May be over by you tomorrow, DH has a trade show and if he can swing going to Chicago direct overnight I may tag along. How's the return to non anniversary mode going?

Sandra - WI goes well for you.

Gotta go, I'm meeting the parents to walk and need to get ready.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 11-13-2007 at 08:46 AM.
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hello Chickies! Jim's surgery is December 4th. We are running around like chickens with our heads cut off. We are trying to get organized. Jim needs multiple testings and clearance and I'm trying to manage all of that. That's not Jim's forte. Plus, I'm trying to get all my holiday shopping and decorating done before then in addition to stocking up the house. Once he has the surgery, I'll only be wanting to go to the store for fresh items. I'll be quite busy doing all of his stuff and mine plus taking him to PT etc.

Hmmm.....maybe I could use the stress relief of the treadmill. If only I didn't feel more stressed trying to make time.

I'll be back when I can!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #6  

Deep breath Vickie,,,,,,,deep breath. Dont be stressing out more thenyou have to. Christmas is going to come whether your ready or not and if there are some things you cant do this year...let it go!!!! Do more shopping online,,buy some baked goodies instead of making them, have dinner at someone elses house..that sort of thing. (huggs)
Tech your right ..no protein. I didnt even realize it until you mentioned it. I try to eat meat free at least once a week. Next time Ill make sure I have a boiled egg or cheese though...still need protein.
Tonight Im making a new receipe of zuchinni sticks..if they are good Ill post the recipe in the new thread.
ttyl
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Patti! You're right....I'm NOT breathing.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:12 PM   #8  

Oh yes, got to breathe....each and every one of us. Slowly and deeply. Make the holidays low key!

Vickie, you've got way more than enough to be concerned about. Don't be superwoman!

I've eaten way too much today but I'm going to do a tape, or go to a class at the gym in an hour...one or the other for certain.

I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. That often happens after an airplane ride. And, in the new job I'm around lots of younger people, many of whom have small children...bugs everywhere!

I've never received a 'flu shot before but I'm thinking that I might get one this year. In addition to all the younger people, I'm on the subway during more crowded travel times also. I'm just nervous because so many people seem to get sick after getting an injection...of course, they were probably exposed already.

Tech, if you come to Toronto, let me know if you like and we can meet up!

Rhonda
Old 11-13-2007, 06:49 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone
VICKIE Make the holidays about you and hubby and family. Not all the decorations, gifts and food. Will keep you guys in my prayers.
ONTARGET How are you doing. Did you get all the bulbs planted. Was thinking you still had some more to plant. Did you find out how you did at the tournament.
TEJAS Hope you are not getting a cold. And I have also ate way too much today also.
TECHALUM Glad to have you back. Hope you are doing ok.
P.A. How did your zucchini sticks turn out.
Well weigh wasnt good. I gained 1 1/2 lbs. So I have got to get back on track somehow. But I just cant seem to get there.
Well am going to get off here for now.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:51 PM   #10  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Hey everyone - Lot's of buzz going on as usual.

Vickie - I could feel myself getting short of breath when reading your post. You need to take a few minutes out to de-stress. Make a list and maybe combat the large tasks by enlisting some help. I wish I lived closer I would help! (also...never underestimate the importance of a getting a good massage occasionally!) (I'm a massage therapist and I personally think it cures all that ails you!)

I have been a bad girl all week but I'm back on track now. My last weigh in I had gained .8 and instead of just trying harder...I went the opposite way! So I will solve this problem by not going to my weigh in this week and really working my butt off and so that when I weigh in next week I will have lost the .8 that I had gained and another .8 for this week and another .8 for next week and the ladies at ww will be none the wiser! (I have 9 days to lose 3.6 pounds...I'd better get on the treadmill now and just not get off until weigh in time )

I love the appetizers idea. I love to entertain and veggies and ff dip just aren't "holiday" enough, so I look forward to seeing what you got. I do have a yummy recipe that I actually make for lunch a lot but it is good as an appetizer as well, I'll add it to the HOHOHO board.

Tech - Like Rhonda, I'm in Toronto as well. Remember to bring your skates when you come
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:29 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I lost 1.8 this week. That's good as this was a PM WI instead of the usual AM. Then I went to Olive Garden tonight with some girlfriends while Curtis was at lodge. Tomorrow I'm meeting some other gf for lunch after a retired teacher meeting. Wish me luck.

Rhonda, I had my wine tonight. One gf and I split a plate so I didn't overeat too much.

Vickie, that's good advice Pattie has for you. Don't let yourself get overwhelmed. The main thing now is for you to take care of Jim.

Donna, congratulations on getting back OP. All any of us can do is one day at a time.

Coco, they still haven't posted scores but I think I won both times. I wish they'd get it posted soon--but it's all volunteer work. I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to do it.

Lytricia, be careful. I've skipped wi before cuz of having a gain. Things didnt work out well for me. I hope they do for you.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #12  
Donna

Morning All,

Well going to Chicago didn't work out Good for my diet but it would have been fun. Now I get to continue stripping wall paper and go out and rake leaves this is the time of year I really hate that 100+ silver maple in the front yard (and the one in the neighbor's back yard). Yesterday was a very un-core day I had a leftover ruben from going out to lunch Sunday and it ate up a lot of flex points. However I am doing oodles better than last week so I'll take it. I'm batching it tonight so I'm going to fix a mushroom-leek quasadilla with l/o chicken from Monday. Has anyone else noticed chicken breasts are getting huge? I picked up a boneless/skinless breast to split for dinner Mon. and didn't think about it, went to cook it and realized how huge it was, each half was probably 10 oz or more pre cooking If I'd been thinking, I would have stuck 1/2 in the freezer and dh and I could have split the other. But I'd already seasoned them so we cooked them both, but only ate about 2/3 so I have some left in the fridge, I'll toss with the veggies for dinner tonight.

Vicki - Everyone will definitely understand if you don't get everything done, you need to relax and take time for you or you will be sick next. I like Lytrica's idea of a massage, just to get you centered. If you must buy for everyone, gift cards are great, a couple of years ago my parents started giving out the generic "visa" or "mastercard" one's so you can use them anywhere, what a great idea. And you can order them from your bank usually on line.

Lytrica - Ditto what Sandra said. Skipping on WI because of fear of a gain, can lead to more way too easily. Look at me the last two weeks. Luckily this time I was able to stop at 2 weeks, other times it's been more. Remember it's not all about the scale, it's feeling better/healthier too.

Rhonda - Hope you're feeling better. My sinuses are bugging me today too, really makes me want to go out and rake leaves (molds my bigy).

Coco - Sorry about the gain, maybe you need to mix it up some. Try something new and different you haven't tried before. Maybe that will help you get your spark back. I don't know.

Patti - I try to eat meatless too, sometimes it's easy to miss the protein in those meals, when I do I know I get hungry fast and end up grazing.

Sandra - on the loss particularly at a pm meeting when you usually WI in the am. Good luck at your lunch.

Well I should get moving. Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 11-14-2007 at 08:58 AM.
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 PM   #13  

Last night I was so hungry at suppertime , even after eating a large supper. So I grabbed a huge glass of water and drank it......it worked. I wasnt hungry the rest of the night......maybe I was thirsty. A lesson learned.
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

I have a little more time today cuz we're not doing much work on the ranch. I want to tell ya'll about last night and today.

Last night I went with 6 gf to Olive Garden. One gf and I shared an entree. (Grilled Chicken Florentine). I know it wasn't exactly OP, but I don't think it was too bad. We ate a lot of salad. I did have a breadstick and 1 glass of Principato Rosato. (My favorite wine in the world!) These gf's are women I used to work with for almost 30 yrs.

This morning I went with 3 other gf's to a retired teacher's meeting then out to lunch. We went to a WW friendly spot and I had grilled tilapia, rice, cabbage, and black-eyed peas. I drank water. These gf's are women I grew up with in school.

Those of you who have known me for a long time Know that I hardly ever got to go out with gf's in MT. The gf's I had up there usually had different schedules than I did and we hardly ever connected. These 2 "events" this week are going to be "monthly events"! Am I in Heaven or what?

Donna, congratulations on getting in control. I know exactly what you've been going through with the "I don't want to do this......." I am just now back in control, too. Now as to that PM WI. I don't like it. I like that meeting better, but I don't like the pressure of having to wait all day to WI. Curtis and I may go to AM to WI then back to the PM meeting next week. We live less than 10 minutes away so it's very doable.

Patti, I had forgotten about drinking water to satisfy myself. Thanks for the heads up.

Today at the retired teachers meeting, the speaker was one of the writers for "A Taste of Home". Talk about decadent ideas! I kept looking at the recipes trying to figure out if I could turn them into Core recipes. I think I came up with 1 or 2. I'll post them on the new holiday thread. Have any of you looked at the holiday recipe thread over in Core Recipes? (I confess I haven't yet.)

Vickie, I was at Walmart the other day and saw a man checking out with a sf pecan pie. I got totally carried away but couldn't figure out "how?", so yesterday I asked Jeeves. When I found that sf pecan pie recipe, I was excited and wanted to share it. I'm wondering if it will be good. I know it's not Core cuz of the nuts and crust. Wonder how many flex pts it will be?

Rhonda, where art thou, cuz? If ya'll move close to us, we can go to the retired teachers meetings together. Wouldn't that be neat?

Got to go. Curtis wants me to type an E for him.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:14 PM   #15  

Hi:

I'm here, cuz. Speaking of gfs, I spent 3 hours tonight listening to one of my closest spill her guts about man troubles. I was a great gabfest. DH was out at a course, and she and I had the house to ourselves. Fine!

I did OK with eating today, but can't join those of you who have lost. Maybe by the end of the week I can. I did an tape and will do it again tomorrow.

All is well...

Rhonda