30-Somethings - Week Of Jan 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Full Version : Week Of Jan 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoadRunner
01-20-2002, 01:33 PM
GOOD MORNING!!!!!

I am doing nothing today except cleanup duty....I made the big mistake of leaving my purse to the mercy of SD#2....I have finally found my wallet and searching for the contents!!!!!!
:dizzy: She is a one woman demolishing team!!!!!

Well, doing pretty good with the eating and excercising..IT is soo weird, I weigh the same as pre pg, but the weight has shifted..My same pants fit, but are soo much tighter in the booty department..It is like the butt and hips caught some extra and it is staying..Must work on that next week!!!!:?:

Hope the weekend is going good for all!!!!
Baily-Nice to see U back!!!!!
Take care!!!
RR

Rabbit
01-20-2002, 03:28 PM
HI ALL!

A new week. Dh & I did some running around yesterday, ate lunch out and I was over on points for the day. Gotta watch that!

Thanks for all the congratulations on my loss! Just gotta keep up the momentum.

RR - glad you are doing so well!:)

Bailey - watch those low points days. You don't want to screw up your metabolism. ~ So glad to have you back. You really didn't gain very much during your time away. I'm sure you'll take it right off.

have a great day.

Rabbit
51.071 miles :)

Backfor 2002
01-20-2002, 03:34 PM
Hi everyone,

Bailey, Welcome back! I struggle with the wine points as well. I have been working to keep it to one day a week. I am in agreement with Rabbit watch the low point days. My WW leader is constantly saying you have to at least get the minimum.

I want to give you all a recipe. It is for a kind of cookie thing. I eat them for breakfast. I use to make them years ago when doing ww and just found the recipe again. They are really filling.

2tbs hot coffee or water
1tbs chunky peanut butter
2tbs raisons
3/4 ounce dried oats
1 packet sugar free hot cocoa

mix all together shape like a log and put in freezer.

Juldiet
01-20-2002, 07:01 PM
I needed a little encouragement since I've been in a 'weight loss slump' lately so I put my measurements on a spread sheet and did some subtractions. I've lost a total of 43 inches. Wow! I feel better and am ready to lose some more. I've lost 42 lbs. I can do this! My whole goal for 2002 is 20 more lbs. I can do it!!!

- jul

LBH
01-21-2002, 10:43 AM
Hi All,

I felt sooo deprived all weekend!! The cable company screwed us, DH was home at 2:50, they were supposed to come between 3-6. We called at 6:20 to find out what was going on and they said the guy was there at 3:15!! Long story short, we both unloaded on them, and couldn't get them to come out til tomorrow, so we spent all weekend without cable or computer, or phone!! The phone isn't being hooked up til tomorrow either!! They don't work on MLK Day. :mad: I was like, great, you're gonna leave me home, snowed in all weekend, w/o phone, cable or computer?! You people suck!! We watched DVDs, read a lot of magazines and DH played a lot of video games...which just got him more aggravated!! We got the place straightened out though, and emptied boxes to bring back and refill at the old apt.!

Jul- WOW!! 43 inches!! That is fantastic!! What a great way to get motivation!!!

Nanci- Cookies sound good, what do you do with them? Doesn't sound like you bake them, do you just wait til they firm up and then cut them and eat them? How many does that make? Can it be done with creamy PB?

Rabbit- One day won't kill you! You'll be back on track again!!

RR- AAHH, that SD2 is a little imp, huh?! :lol: Hope you found everything!! Time to do some squats?!

Have a great day all!!

Rabbit
01-21-2002, 04:07 PM
hi all!

Jul - wow on the 43 inches and the 42 pounds!!:eek: That is awesome.

Lauren - I had a tough time this weekend staying within point range. Some days it is just harder, you know?

Nanci - thanks for sharing the recipe. Unfortunately I don't like coffee or peanut butter! Too picky I guess!

Nanci's recipe reminded me that I made something different last week that she told us about at WW that was really good. Just put chicken breasts and a jar of salsa in a crockpot and let it cook. It is really delicious. DH & I loved it. :)

Also yesterday I made a low point dessert. When I was a kid my mom used to make cherry delight - so I did a low cal version yesterday and we like it. Take a reduced calorie graham cracker crust, pour on a can of light cherry pie filling and cover with ff cool whip. 8 servings, 3 pts. per serving. Yummy.

Rabbit

RoadRunner
01-21-2002, 06:29 PM
Hello!!!

Lauren--SOooooo right about the squats!!!Started them today as a matter of fact!!!!Only excercise will work the booty down!!!!!I have until March to get back since I will work on the baby again!!!!!!!:D

Well..off to finish dishes from SD#1's all night party with a friend and start supper!!!!

SOOO GOOD TO FEEL GREAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RR
Excercise= 18miles

BaileySG
01-21-2002, 08:44 PM
Quick question - I brought an apple, orange and yogurt to work for "breakfast". I really hate fruit! The fiber makes me gag and I can barely get it down. This gets better the longer I eat fruit every day. Since I took weeks off however, I have been blending my fruit to make it easier to get down (still makes me gag). Anyway, didn't blend it today. Promised myself I would not eat anything else till all the fruit was gone....

So the question is: If you have had only .1 points by 6:30 pm, do you still try to get in all of your points - or do you say going under is ok ?
(I'm doing pretty good on the other 24.9 - had mac n cheese!:devil: ).

RR: LOL my nephew's favorite hobby is demolishing wallets! (His other is hiding shoes so you can't go to work - what a helper). Glad to hear you sounding so well. Good luck with the squats.

Rabbit: Thanks for the encouragement. I know I did pretty well while I was gone and am ready for more! Don't get down about the hard days, just try to keep them from becoming too frequent.

Nancy: I agree with you. My mother always advises having 1 wine a night. I would prefer to have 0 6 night and then 4 or 5 1 night (but not more.). Will work on this!

Jul: That is truly beautiful to see in print. 43 inches and 42 lbs. If you can do that, you can do anything!

LBH: What a bummer. Will be glad when you get "connected" tomarrow.

Backfor 2002
01-21-2002, 11:42 PM
Hii everyone,

I think I have the Monday blues. Oh well need to shake them off.

Jul, You have just done AWESOME! I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work. You will nail that last little bit in no time at all.

Lauren, I am sorry you had such a frustrating weekend. Hopefuly you will be up and running tomorrow. Sorry I wasn't clearer on the recipe. You shape it kind of like a log, wrap it in saran wrap or waxed paper and put in the freezer. It is one serving.

Rabbit, I am in agreement. Some days are way HARDER. We just need to keep telling ourselves that we CAN DO THIS.

Bailey, I would like to spread my wine over two days. Friday & Saturday :-)

I am very happy with how well DH and I are doing. We just need to keep on track.

BigFatBooty
01-22-2002, 08:01 AM
Morning all

Just a quick stop by. I think I have a stomach bug - do you think this will be reflected in a enormous weight loss some time soon :s:

I am back doing my Cardio Bounce and intend to alternate it with my 3 :eek: dusty Tae-Bo videos. There is a new one out for abs and glutes (and boy is by gluteous maximus :lol: ) so I might get this one and let it collect dust with the other 3.

I pink, therefore I am :lol:

BigPhatBooty
01-22-2002, 09:26 AM
Still me, just a slight name change :D

Let's see how long I can post in pink before it gets on everyone's nerves :s:

LBH
01-22-2002, 11:18 AM
Hi All,

BFB- I like the Phat!! :D How did you manage to keep your status though? Pink may work for the day, before I'm tempted to hop the next flight to the UK and strangle you!! :lol:

Nanci- Hope Tuesday has found you in better spirits?

Bailey- I can't be of much help in the fruit department...I realized I have not been getting it in either! I mean, I usually have a yogurt, which is one, and my OJ, which is another...and a dairy. Actually, I think the yogurt is a dairy also, isn't it? And I usually have some kind of veggies for dinner, and occassionally a salad with lunch...but in the winter, I have to force myself to eat salad. I don't think I get five a day in all the time though. A fruit smoothie sounds yummy though. Just keep plugging along til you get back in the swing!

My boss is in the office this week, as well as the training director from the UK, so I don't know if I'll get to stop by as often. On a good note, I'll have cable/internet/phone when I get home tonight!! :D

Have a great day all!!

BigPhatBooty
01-22-2002, 11:30 AM
LBH see you in London:lol:

Rabbit
01-22-2002, 02:48 PM
HELLO

Another tough day yesterday - I was over in pts. I am pmsing - maybe that is why I'm so hungry?? Will have to see if that is a pattern . .

Bailey - yeah on the fruit! Hope you got it down! I like fruit, but I still have trouble getting it in. No problem on the veggies though.

BPB - yeah on all the exercise you're planning!

gotta run - hungry for lunch

Rabbit

LBH
01-22-2002, 02:54 PM
I'll see if I can stow away in the guy's suitcase that's here this week!! :p

nms here
01-22-2002, 09:07 PM
Help!!

Were being attacked by pepto-bismol pink! You guys are a riot. How did you change your name and not your status? Love your pink monster! Will you be BPB or BFB now? ;)

Rabbit, I like to put cool whip (FF) on a graham cracker & drizzle a small amount of chocolote syrup on it. Then put another graham cracker on top and freeze. It's like an ice cream sandwich and low in points. yummmmm...... :)

I was gone with family off/on this weekend. Had lots of fun hiking around. I must have burned a few calories! ha! Now TOM is visiting for the week. Men are so lucky! At least one week of the month they are! ha!

Lighter ~~ Nona :p

RoadRunner
01-22-2002, 09:23 PM
Hello!!!!
What if I posted In Mardi Gras Colors?????
I think It would drive me nuts before I finished!!!!!!!!

Having fun working out again!!!getting rid of the big phat booty I have obtained!!!!
Well must bathe kids and get myself bathed for bed!!!!Take care U silly girls!!!!!

VICKI

Backfor 2002
01-23-2002, 12:41 AM
Hi all!

Rabbit, I am right along with you having a tough time today. I am right at the max on my points and I want to EAT. I think I am going to give it up tonight and go to bed. I so want to stay within the points.

Vicky, Glad the working out is going well. It makes such a difference in my mental health.

Nona, The weekend with the family sounds like it was fun.

BFB, I can relate to the old glutuous. That area of my body seems to refuse to give any up.

I made the mistake of trying on my favorite pair of jean shorts yesterday. Why is that after a few weeks of doing really well that I start to think I should have lost a few sizes since then?!!!?! I am having several positive self talks with myself since that encounter.

LBH
01-23-2002, 02:11 PM
Hi All,

I'm not doing too good on food today, cholesterol breakfast, fat lunch... BUT, I did really well last night at bowling!! I have finally conquered the bowling night food issue!! I have been suggesting to the guy that runs the snack bar there to get some healthier stuff for awhile now (2 seasons?!). A couple weeks ago, he finally said he was gonna try something, after I suggested that he maybe have veggies and dip or something. He did just that! He made up a rectangular plastic container of fresh veggies (carrots, broccoli and celery), and put a small container of ranch dressing in it and sold it for $4.25. He said he started last week (I wasn't there), and he has consistantly sold out!! He said it's soo weird, because kids have been buying it too!! So of course I got one and he charged me $2.00, since I gave him the idea. Personally, I think $4.25 is a little much, maybe $3.50 would be more reasonable. But it is about 2 cups worth, and he said if anyone needs more dressing, just come and he'll give it free, he just couldn't fit a bigger or extra container in it. I never thought I'd see the day! Anyway, even though it was zero pt. veggies (123 plan), I counted 1 pt., since that's all I had and there was that much of it.

Nanci- Good for you, going to bed to avoid temptation!! :D Sometimes that's all you can do!

RR- LOL, I didn't know there were mardi gras colors!! (boy, you can tell I'm from the north, and didn't attend college!! :lol:

Nona- LOL, hadn't even thought about the fact that it was Pepto pink!! :lol: You know, I've seen that ice cream sandwich idea many times, but never tried it...think I will have to soon! :)

Have a great day all!!

Rabbit
01-23-2002, 05:49 PM
hello hello

Tomorrow night is weigh in again :eek: and I'm not ready!! Still PMSing . . .

Nona - I've made those before with chocolate graham crackers. Thanks for reminding me!:)

RR - Easter is earlier this year right? I remember it was so late last year! So when exactly is Mardi Gras?

Nanci - hope you made it through last night without eating!! I am still REALLY struggling and I don't want to blow my weigh in tomorrow night - I should not have any chocolate in the house (chocolate chips are the present culprit) - I KNOW BETTER! I think I need to write out my plan and strategy again.

Lauren - HOORAY for conquering the bowling night food issue!!:D A definite win!!

Rabbit

elisa822
01-23-2002, 06:46 PM
I've been so busy at work this week so I haven't had much time to post but I've kept up reading with what's going on. I've been struggling with my weight for a few days (I know that's nothing"). It's just that I too weigh every day and it's hard when you think you're doing really well with your daily points and don't see the scale move much in a week. I think I'm down 1/2 pound since last week but I was hoping for more. If I look back I see that every few weeks (not once a month maybe less often) I go through this and feel like the scale's not budging a bit and then usually within another week it drops if I keep up the good work so I'm really hoping that happens. I know it seems silly to stress so easily but I'm used to seeing results when I do really well so I'll just try to keep up the good work.

Nona - Those ice cream sandwiches sound yummy!! How many points are the graham crackers - I'm wondering how many points the "whole thing" is. I'm also wondering if I could keep cool whip in the house and not eat too much of it. I'm okay with chocolate syrup but not sure about the cool whip - I love to eat it frozen like ice cream. Well I never know until I try. I'm good with the oreos I keep in the freezer - love those as a little chocolate snack. I've also been eating some light jello (cherry) which is great because even if you eat the whole thing (which isn't that hard) it's only one point!!

Lauren - good for you for conquering bowling night! and for probably helping other people eat better there too!! I know how hard it is when there's somewhere that you know you always overeat and then you conquer it - Congrats!

Rabbit - good luck on the weigh in - you've been doing so well and it doesn't sound like you've done too much damage.

RR - I'm so jealous of you getting to go to Mardi Gras - it sounds like a lot of fun (except for the drunken rude part that I've heard about). New Orleans is somewhere I've always wanted to go. I love jazz, I love the food and the culture from what I know. It does seem like it might be quite pricey though for me - especially with my Canadian dollar like it's been. Speaking of which if anyone wants to visit my lovely country it's a great time - with your dollar you could live like a king - or queen as the case may be!

BPB - Love the new name!!

Gotta go find some dinner.

Elisa

RoadRunner
01-23-2002, 08:20 PM
Howdy!!!!!

Lauren---I thought everyone knew the colors of Mardi Gras were purple, green, and gold!!!!U must send me your address and I will hook U up with beads!!!!:smug:

Rabbit---Mardi Gras Is Feb 12th this year....My parade is on Feb 9th!!!I will have to post pics!!!!(Saving points for the margarittas!!!:devil: :devil: )

Elisa--Very dangerous wild place in N.O. for Mardi Gras!!!I prefer to stay on the float!!!

Where if BFB or BPB tonight????I think she is web surfing for a big surprise to post for us tomorrow!!!!!
:devil: :devil:

Take care all!!!off to cook supper!!!!
Exercise=22miles

BigPhatBooty
01-24-2002, 06:13 AM
Surprise posting???????? Do you mean something profound and earth shattering?

Doesn't this colour look nice with the pink bouncy blob :lol: although I am partial to pepto bismol pink. BFB or BPB - I don't mind.

Are we back logging mileage, can someone remind me what the equation was? Cheers me dears.

BigPhatBooty
01-24-2002, 06:25 AM
Found this on another site and posted it under Chick Chat............

How many times have you woken up in the morning after a hard night of drinking and thought 'How did I get home?'? As hard as you try, you cannot piece together your return journey from the bar to your home.
The answer to this puzzle is that you used a beer scooter. The beer scooter is a mythical form of transport, owned and leased out to the drunk by Bacchus the Roman god of wine. Bacchus has branched out since the decrease in the worship of the Roman pantheon and bought a large batch of these magical devices. The beer scooter works in the following fashion:

The passenger reaches a certain level of drunkenness and the slurring gland begins to give off a pheromone. Bacchus or one of his many sub-contractors detects the pheromone and sends down a winged beer scooter. The scooter scoops up the passenger and deposits them to their bedroom via a trans-dimensional portal. It is not cheap to run a beer scooter franchise, so a large portion of the passenger's in-pocket
cash is taken as payment. This generates the second question after a night out 'How did I spend so much money?'.

Beer scooters have a poor safety record and are thought to be responsible for 90% of all UDI (unidentified drinking injuries). Independent studies have also shown that Beer Goggles occasionally cause the scooter's navigation system to malfunction thus sending the passenger to the wrong bedroom often with horrific consequences.

Apparently the beer scooter has affiliates which includes:

The Beer Bus
Are you also familiar with the beer bus? The one that while you've been to the ladies after your 10th vodka and coke, the bus has been to the pub and took away all the ugly people then replaced them with all beautiful people!?

Beer Monkies
Q OK - so how do you explain how *someone* logs into my hotmail account and sends emails when I've obviously passed out? I don't know who it is, but they've been responsible for some really weird replies......!!!
A The person logging into your hotmail account is none other than the beer monkies.
Beer monkies are demon creatures who know everything about you . They can even talk slightly like you.

They steal your phone from you and make hideous phone calls, They can log onto your email and send very weird notes. The beer monkey can also have the audacity to dump your boyf over the phone on Friday Night. What a little monster.

and

I think that they also text people you don't really want to see without you knowing, and arrange for you to meet up with them...

and

They alway often phone and leave rude messages on Ex boyfriends phone.

So now you know :D

TechAlum
01-24-2002, 11:23 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Well, so much for the goal of getting encoouragement here more often. And it seems to be working like I thought. I lost 1 lb the first week back to WW and gained 1.2 last week. Oh well here's to sarting over AGAIN. I feel like LBH did last fall "What is up with me???? Why can't I get my act together???? etc. etc."

I PROMISE TO JOURNAL EVERYTHING I EAT THIS WEEK NO MATTER WHAT THE POINTS!!! There now it's in writing I'll have to do it :lol:.

BPB - you crack me up :D, I don't know where you find stuff but some of it is too funny.

LBH - congrats on the bowling night sucess. Isn't it amazing what happens with suggestions.

Nanci & Baily - I too am having wine issues, it is the biggest reason for being over points every day :( , since I'm not much of a sweets eater, wine and chips will do it everytime though.

Jule - congrats on the inches and pounds, you're doing great.

RR - You always sound like you have such fun at Mardi Gras. Enjoy yourself, but don't end up looking like your log in photo.

Anyone I missed, hope your having a great week.

Well, off to paint the dining room :). Yesterday we tore up the carpet, the hardwood needs refinishing, but it still looks better than the 20 year old carpet.

- Tech :spin:
249.6/251.6/170ish (hmm I think I'm going the wrong way, maybe posting the stats will help)

Rabbit
01-24-2002, 12:44 PM
Still PMSing - and I'm tired of it - come on already!

One good thing - the chocolate is gone. And I will not buy more until the day I make cookies. Cannot have it hanging around calling out to me.

Elisa - I think you've got the right attitude about just keeping up the good work. :)

RR - wow, February 12th is so early!

BPB - you are too funny! Love the wrong bedroom part.:dizzy: ~ 20 minutes of exercise = one mile.

Tech - good luck on your journaling! You can do it! Just one little step at a time!

better go - Rabbit

RoadRunner
01-24-2002, 06:54 PM
Good Evening people!!!!
Well..must report excercise every day this week soo far!!!!:cool:
I have to admit it is an attitude picker upper!!!!!

Nothing to report!!!Off to play housewife!!
RR
Exc=26miles

BigPhatBooty
01-24-2002, 07:25 PM
Exercise this week 7 miles - not bad (for me) :angel:

Could have been cancelled out by the lemon cake I made though :devil:

Hi to everyone - glad you all seem to be doing well

BigPhatBooty
01-24-2002, 07:32 PM
Had to bring back the little girl - the pink bouncy thing started getting on my nerves! Too much movement for my liking :lol:

Backfor 2002
01-25-2002, 12:41 AM
Well we just got back from WW. I was down .4 and DH was down 3lbs. It was a bit frustrating as I was well within points for the week. It just seems like when you are struggling and are able to do well that the scale should really reflect that. It ended up being a good topic today. It was about how you have to stick to it through the long haul and not allow yourself to get sidetracked or if you are to get right back on. I had my pity party and am now back to being POSITIVE.

Lauren, That is cool that the guy at the bowling alley added the veggies.

Rabbit, I think I might be with you on the PMS. Hope weigh in went well for you tonight.

Elisa, The scale is a pain. It is amazing how it can dictate how we feel for the day. I am really trying hard to stay off it at home.

RR, Great job on all that exercise. You are going to look fabulous on that float.

BFB, Once again I was giggling while reading your post. I liked the phone call part. Great job on the exercise!

Tech, It sounds like you are having fun with the house. You will be so happy when it is done.

Well everyone TGIF for tomorrow!

Juldiet
01-25-2002, 10:18 AM
I've been MIA most of the week. Its been pretty busy this week, getting ready to ship everything to Philly for the Buyers Market, etc..

Scale said 171 this morning. Finally a little movement in the right direction again. I'm really not sure if I can get to 169 by the VD goal but I'm going to try. I was looking back in my journal at my origional goals and I was actually suposed to maintain at 175 for the whole month of January so I am ahead of the origional gameplan. If I can get to the 169 I'll plan to maintain that thru mid-march before trying to lose more. The longer I maintain, the slower I go....the less likely I am to 'pack it back on'.

I write my plan out something like this:
(adjusted for VD goal)
Jan-VD :172 171 170 169
VD-Mar: maintain
April: 168 167 166
may maintain
June: 165 164 163
July : maintian
Aug 162 161 160
Sept: maintain
Oct: 159 158 157
Nov: maintain
Dec: 156 155 (drivers license goal - maintain)

Now if I'd just get back to exercise - none this week - I could see this happening this year!!

I'm going to wear my tighter jeans today - maybe that'll keep me away from junk food. - jul

Rabbit
01-25-2002, 02:11 PM
Yeah to all the exercisers!

Nanci - yeah on the loss! If you keep it up this week, you'll probably get a super loss next week - sometimes it takes awhile. Hooray for your positive attitude!:D I gained 1/4 last night, not much.

Jul - Glad you are doing so well! I liked your plan. Interesting. Thanks for sharing it with us! I just wrote out a strategy myself today - exercise plan, eating plan, focus plan - but did not think about the pounds lost & maintain schedule - yours was great.:)

Have a super weekend - Rabbit

RoadRunner
01-25-2002, 07:27 PM
Good EVening!!!
Well, I have been thinking about doing the WW thing with meetings and all and today..got the thing in the mail advertising no joining fees and U can buy 10 meetings for $89.95 which may just jump start me again..Do U think that was a hint??????

Nanci--SInce I am only 5'1 and the float sides are 4'9 and the mask and the hat and the big costume, I will look lovely on top!!!:D They are soo funny cuz the masks are soo big on your face!!!!Still alot of fun and still saving that few points for the margarita!!!!!!!
Well..off to be constructive!!!!
BPB-Yeah on the 7 miles!!!!!!!!!
RR
29miles

Backfor 2002
01-26-2002, 01:44 AM
Boy was this the longest week! I had convinced myself this morning was Sat AM. Boy was I disappointed when the DH set me straight.

Jul, I really like your plan, it seems very smart.

Rabbit, That 1/4lb will be gone before you know it. Keep with it.

RR, You are going to need to take pictures for us. I think you should give the WW meetings a go. I really like the
support that is given there.

They are predicting snow here. I will believe it when I see it. It is doesn't snow I am going to a bridal show with a friend tomorrow. She is getting married in July.

Take Care all

Backfor 2002
01-26-2002, 09:00 PM
Ok where is everyone? It is snowing here, hard to say if it will stick or not.

We are going out for a friends bday tonight. We are going to a Greek restraunt and I am not sure how to count Greek food. I guess I will just try to guage it from what the menu says.

Well I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.