Old 11-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default So, we've had the talk

Ok,
so the new boy and I have had 'the talk'....the hey, the past month has been fun and all acting like reckless teenagers but it's time to act our age. Since we met there has been a lot of early relationship romance with a lot of dinners out and wine and cheese and staying up all night which has been fine... I actually even managed to lose a pound but it can't go on forever. It's been high calorie not to mention hard on the wallet.

We are pretty much spending our entire weekends together at this point but it has just been out and out and out and up late rendering us both useless and exhausted on Mondays. So today we have made the decision to institute an appropriate adult bed time so that we can get up on the weekend mornings not tired and feeling like crap and have fun going and doing active things, we've decided to cook at home more and eat out less, consume more water and less wine and are on hold from consuming any cheese until further notice.

A mutual decision has been reached to eat and be healthier when in each others company THANK GOODNESS!!! I really didn't think I could take another weekend of it. Hey, I'm happy we've had a nice romantic beginning but I'm even happier that as we spend more time together reality is setting in and we are thinking in the longer term.... always a good sign! I'm so thankful that I met a man with healthy conscious tastebuds that is on the same page with me realizing that it's time to get back to reality!

My goal for today, map out my entire exercise plan and eating plan for the rest of the week. Lots of good nutrients and veggies and lean protein and no cheese. I've also gone ahead and canceled my Wednesday night post work drink plans and am considering skipping an event on Thursday with the hopes of just having a normal week and trying to get my body back in the right mode. My body is definitely feeling the aftermath of everything!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #2  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

That's awesome!!! Surely a sign of the long-term. You go girl!!!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

This sounds just great Sunshine. Longterm talks are always sooo very nice. I'm glad you were able to express your concerns, and that he was more then agreeable to change things up a bit and that the 2 of you are mature enough to institute some ground rules. This is sounding better and better......... Good luck!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

ha, way more than agreeable, 100% on the same page, even being the one to make some of the suggestions.
He's a rare catch I think!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #5  

Good for you! It is surely a good sign that you felt comfortable having the conversation with him. I personally think few things are more romantic and sexy than a movie night in. Both of you chopping veggies and cooking healthy stuff in the kitchen in comfy clothes. Snuggling up for a good movie with a glass of wine. Fun stuff.
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Hey that's great! It IS a good sign that you can be open & honest about things, and have both of you work together to make changes like these.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #7  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I think you did a great thing, and it is really great of him for understanding.

cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote