Carb Counters - Chat 11/12 to 11/18

View Full Version : Chat 11/12 to 11/18

ilovemike4alwayz
11-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Good morning ladies. Ok so I have a fresh new start awaiting me. I read the book yesterday and have my list of acceptable foods and hopefully all will go right this time. I am avoiding my ketchup. I am going to have to figure out a alternative for it on my burger patties cause i dont know if i can do it with out it. Well I am off to work will check in later.

beach bum
11-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Woke up to a cold cold morning,had to put the fireplace on. Well I started the Atkins Induction yesterday and the craving for bread and her prods. are gone Yipee!! So it wasn't that bad,as I guessed. Oh!! I lost the 2.5 that I gained on the stupid 5 factor.

ILOVEMIKE-Thanks for starting us up on this cold day. I'm sure you do great,as you have good plan. Ketchup ummmmm!! I saw a alternative on one of the low carb web sites but I can't think of which ones it was.If I remember or see it again,I will definatley let you know.

Have a good one, will be back later

Hugs :) BB

lilybelle
11-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Hi ladies, we had planned a day of fishing today, but rain and storms are heading our way.

DH is off work. DS is doing some Veterans Day special duty thing with his Army Unit.

Lacy and Shelbey are off to a concert for some band called "Brand New".

I would be paying bills today but realized the bank is closed and DH's check won't go direct deposit til tomorrow.

After 9 days of SB induction, I strayed yesterday. So, getting back on my induction plan today. Even this one off-plan day left me feeling bloated and yucky.

aud
11-12-2007, 02:39 PM
I hear ya on the bloated & yucky feeling . . . I'm back OP Strict Induction after an alcohol carb fest drama that I won't go into 'cause the situation is turning out ok so far. *fingers crossed* Had to make the long trip back home for a family emergency that turned out ok . . . must monitor though - and like all the other times life throws a curve - I predictably reacted with over-indulgence.:^:

Starting to get on my last nerve.

Bright side: Jumping right back on track - adding exercise back in and hope to do better with the next curve ball, ya know?

It's black as nite here in MO - thunder & lightning galore - we need the rain - not the storm though - branches already a'flying!

Saw your Post about procrastination/Challenge pressure azzie . . . starting to miss ya already!:hug: Hope you'll stop in here @ the no pressure LC Chat and let us no how you're doing Girl from time to time!:)

I like mayo on my burgers - haven't really missed catsup much.

Off to work early today . . . will check in later after the shift - cya then!:D

lynnar
11-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Good morning, another new week! My WI was Friday and I remained exactly the same! I think I need to do induction again or else maybe I need to eat more? I really have no idea why I don't lose better. I haven't had anything like bread or beer in two months! And I'm down 8 pounds. It's kind of like a pound aweek, but I don't always lose a pound each week. Sometimes I'm up and then I may lose two. Makes no sense at all. I have a history of yo yo dieting and I assume that I have messed up my metabolism or my blood sugar or both, so I guess I've trained my body to hold onto the fat cells really really hard. So maybe if I ate more I could trick my body into releasing the fat cells? Or if I ate less, sooner or later there has to be a point where you lose the weight! I just don't know.

I gotta say I'm not really looking forward to the holiday season. I told the family that I would only make one pie for thanksgiving and they protested. They want exactly the same meal we always have. I don't mnd cooking, but it's hard to stay OP when you're fixing all the family favorites. But I've been so good for so long, I don't know what would happen if I ate a big old peice of apple pie. Maybe I'd throw up? I haven't had anything sugary for two months either.

I was trying to get DH on board the Atkins WOL, but he told me he's afraid of the weight he'll gain when he falls off. We did it together last spring and he lost about 15 pounds and then gained 20. I supposed he's right in a way. He says he knows he can't stay away from carbs forever (the beer alone would ruin that). I think I can stay low carb-maybe not induction low-forever, but I do miss beer!

Tigerseye
11-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Hi everyone...

I weighed in yesterday and lost 4 pounds *yay*. Im not being totally strict and I do know its water weight too so Im not expecting the same results this coming week, but its a start.

Otherwise, I had the day off from work and am just getting my house ready for my parents coming up for Thanksgiving.

ILOVEMIKE- did you try the lowcarb ketchup? is it icky? I love ketchup too and I find it hard to go without.

BEACH- way to go on the loss! Now that factor 5 can be a distant memory soon

LILY- Just checked your ticker and WOW! What an inspiration....:)

AUD- Im a total stress eater, so I can definately relate to reacting to situations with food....I hope all is ok. And mayo on burgers is a good idea. I like it on french fries, but I guess that doesnt apply anymore, lol.

LYNAR_- I am thinkink of not baking cookies for Christmas like ususal. It would just be too tempting. I know I'll also get protests....maybe ill hand them the recipe and tell them if they want it bad enough they can make it themselves. That'll shut em up :)

Have a great day everyone

Bouncing
11-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Hi all, and congrats everybody on the new, fresh start! I've gone and committed myself to making a fresh apple cake for TG. It's easier to not cut into a cake, than to resist a cookie nobody will know about. And that cookie takes the next cookie, and so on until somebody says "Gee, I thought this recipe made more cookies last time." Oops!

I said after my off-plan run that I was afraid to weigh myself, then I did and had gained 10 lbs. Today 8 of them have gone away again, woohoo! Get e'm while they're fresh, before they have a chance to grow roots.

The "celebration" for JR was really a memorial in spite of the announced name. 200 people showed up! I knew he was well loved, but I was still surprised. We reminisced and laughed and cried and talked about what a wonderful, infuriating, sweet pain in the *** he was, a real sheep in wolf's clothing, the softest tough guy I ever met. Spent the last 20 years of his life helping people, anonymously whenever possible, with no thought for himself, but walked and talked and looked like the biggest, baddest, hairiest biker dude you ever saw (6'5", 350 lbs at his top before he started visibly declining). Oh -- and it was a potluck, with all of JR's favorite foods, and I didn't eat any of them. Go me!

Oops, gotta go throw another log on the fire. Pax.

ilovemike4alwayz
11-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Hey ladies. Well I have stayed OP all day today. I am going to create a FITDAY here in a minute and log my food. I am getting hungry so I am prolly gonna grab a snack. I have to make my lunches for the rest of the week cause i have to work all week and wont have the time. I guess i will try my low carb ketchup but if it inhibits me in anyway, then its not going to stay. I will only eat it on my burger patties. I was proud of myself for not giving in and putting it on my eggs. Now I just have to find time somewhere to get some exercise in. Going to be tough. Well I better be off so I dont get too hungry.

ilovemike4alwayz
11-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Ok FITDAY is a little mis leading. It says that I have consumed 13 carbs today, but i dont think that is right. For one it is showing my Atkins shake as 5 carbs when it says only 1 on the can. What gives?

JerseyGyrl
11-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Ok FITDAY is a little mis leading. It says that I have consumed 13 carbs today, but i dont think that is right. For one it is showing my Atkins shake as 5 carbs when it says only 1 on the can. What gives?

I don't believe Fitday deducts dietary fiber (net carbs).

Azure
11-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Fit Day doesn't deduct the fiber from the Daily % of Carbs or from the Carb total (but if you look on the part where it shows how many grams/day you've had of each macronutrient, it should tell you how much fiber you've had and you can deduct it yourself, to keep track).

ilovemike4alwayz
11-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Good morning. I am down on the scale 2.3 pounds from yesterday. I am so thrilled. So here is to day 2 of induction. I have to work at both of my jobs today so I wont be able to check in with you guys until tomorrow morning. I hope everyone has a great day.

beach bum
11-13-2007, 09:47 AM

We're experiencing a dark and rainy day.A day to stay in bed Big Grin and be lazy again.

There nothing new here,some old........ I think I'm coming down with something again. Going to eat light today maybe chicken soup.

LILY- Sending your :dust: and [[[[good vibes]]]] for your on induction.

TIGER-Big congrats:cheers: on your 4 lbs loss.WTG,I'm hoping for a whoosh some day. The 5 factor is just a memory,I ripped up all the paper work that I copied from the :comp:computer. Staying on low carbing until Turkey :thanks2: Day and than will continue until the next holiday.

BOUNCING-I thinking of having some dessert for TG but I going to look up on Linda recipes or 3 fc low carb dessert to find my dessert. I rather have winter squash or stuffing to add to my carbs.

ILOVEMIKE-Congrats :congrat:on your weight loss also.Hope mine lasts until my W-I day this Saturday.

Have a good morning

lynnar
11-13-2007, 12:35 PM
So if I asked for a vote from all of you low carbers which way would it go? Here's the facts. I've been doing Atkins for 8 weeks and lost 8 pounds, but almost all of that was the first couple of weeks. For at least four weeks I've gaining and losing a pound or two with no net difference.

I haven't been cheating. Some of you may remember that I try to do an even lower carb version of Atkins because I beleive I am resistant to weight loss, but I have moved up a little from induction. Most days I only have one serving of veggies, usually a salad, but at least once or twice a week (usually when we eat out) I have an extra serving of vegetables-usually either another salad or broccoli. I haven't had any bread or sweets or high carb vegetables or fruit at all. I may eat more cheese then I should.

After the first three weeks, I started to allow a couple of drinks on weekends, usually rum and diet coke. It's kind of a life style thing- most of our social life involves at least a little bit of drinking.

So, except for the drinks, I don't really see much to cut. I could go back to my version of induction which meant no extra veggies, just the one salad. Or I could do what Dr. Atkins recommended for weight loss resistant people and cut even that one salad (but I always feel terrible when I do that and end up using carbs in the form of metamucial) or I could up my intake a little bit on the theory that my body is now in stravation mode. Or I could just give up.
You may want to know that I'm 51 year old and started this particular WOL at my all time high of 245 pounds, after talking to my doctor who recommended diet pills which I don't take. Also I've done years worth of Weight Watchers, calorie counting etc. etc. Every time I've ever lost weight, I've always gained it all back plus 5 pounds. I'm pretty desperate now. So anyone have any advice for me?

Azure
11-13-2007, 01:28 PM
I know Dr. Atkins says calorie counting isn't necessary, but I would suggest starting, just to see where you're at. Do it for a few days If your calories are SUPER low (under 1200 on average), I would eat more--that could be stalling you. If they're super high (over 2000-2500), you could be at a standstill because of that.

Just because being in ketosis makes us more fat-adapted, doesn't mean that the laws of thermodynamics don't apply to us. We may be able to eat more than your average high-carb dieter, but that doesn't mean that we're able to eat a thousand calories or even five hundred calories more without seeing some negative effects. It also doesn't mean that eating to few calories (under 1200) won't impact us negatively by slowing our metabolism. I know when I first started Atkins, I was definitely eating under 1200 calories a day easily thanks to ketosis making me not hungry all the time. Then I started paying attention to calories again.

aud
11-13-2007, 01:46 PM
I'll get ya the recipe beachie - dh has tweaked the recipe for the egg bread. The way I was making it was ok - kind of like slightly flat cream puffs (depending on the weather) - I know he said he cut back on the cream of tartar - he makes it in his cornbread pan and it comes out just yummy. So good to have on hand.

"Net" carbs have always stalled me/confused me too. I have the best success on "total" carb counts/whole foods ilmike4a.

I'm not sure what to tell ya lynnar.:(:?: That must just be SO discouraging for you.:hug:

Questions::?:

Are you eating "FrankenFoods?"

Are you watching for "hidden carbs?" (Cough syrups/cold formulas/"sugar free" gum & foods etc?)

Do you take any medications that could be fouling your system? (BP/diabetes/steroids . . . ?)

Think I've asked some of these b4 . . . can't believe a few drinks would stall you like this - I've lost tons of weight on Atkins eating barb-q & beer b4.:dizzy:

Of course we're all different . . . it's just that at that weight (3 lbs less than my all time high) the weight would just be falling off you.:(

Gonna give this more thought . . . hope we can come up with something here @ LC Chat.:^:

Your "procrastinating post" inspired me to get a lot done in my office at work azzie!:carrot: Got so much DONE that I'd been putting off for MONTHS (since Mothers Day actually!:o) I'm thinking that MY procrastination on things in general may be "weighing" me down mentally, ya know. Talked with a friend about this last night - gosh it just feels so good to DO the things I've been dreading paperwork wise . . . a real feeling of accomplishment and a determination not to "let things go" day by day, ya know? Tx for the INSPIRATION!:hug:

SO glad you're back bouncie - still giggling at the "get 'em off b4 they grow roots" comment! WTG on losing & you too tiger!:carrot:

I'm up & at 'em . . . felt so good after returning to Induction yesterday - full of vim & vigor . . . ttyal!

JerseyGyrl
11-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Hi Lynnar,

I read your post & I can fully understand your frustation. From your posts here, I can tell you have read the book:) So many try to "do Atkins" without ever cracking the book & then when it doesn't work for them they just don't understand why. I guess my question to you is, you say you believe you are weight loss resistant. May I ask why you believe this? My reason for asking is because you say you've done years of Weight Watchers & calorie counting...neither of those methods works the way Atkins does. Atkins was written to eat no more than 20 carbs per day with 12-15 of those carbs coming from vegetables & salad. There are 59 varieties of veggies & salad on the Atkins acceptable foods list, try different one's to see how your body reacts. Eating 1 salad per day or some broccoli once of twice a week simply is not enough. Your body needs fiber...fiber helps you to stay "regular" and staying "regular" helps you lose weight. Eating the proper vegetables & salad everyday, as well as drinking plenty of water will eliminate your need for having to use Metamucial. Also make sure you are getting fat in your diet. Fat is essential on Atkins. Trying to do a low fat version of Atkins won't work.

Atkins is an amazing way of eating. Who would have ever thought you could actually lose weight eating things like full fat mayo, full fat cheese, full fat salad dressings, heavy cream...the list is endless! I started this way of eating at the same weight you did, 245 lbs...a little over a year later, I exceeded my goal:) I have maintained my weight for 2½ years now. I will eat this way the rest of my life...I've never felt better!!!

All the best to you!!!:hug:
Kim

Puncezilla
11-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Hi, I haven't been posting much but I'm still here with you, just to much else on my mind lately. I finaly got my cravings under controle and started losing again. down 4 lbs from last week!:encore: So everyone whos waiting for the wooosh, hang in there its comming!

Lynnar, do you keep a food log? How many callories are you eating? I know we're not supposed to have to keep track of callories on atkins but with the appetite suppression it causes it's easy to get to few callories. I found that even if my carbs are realy low I don't lose as much if I'm not eating the veggies. I would start tracking everthing you eat for two weeks just so you know exectly how much, and what your eating. I would also be sure to eat 2 servings of veggies a day.

And that cookie takes the next cookie, and so on until somebody says "Gee, I thought this recipe made more cookies last time." Oops!

:DHa..ha..so true. My problem is eating the raw dough, I make a double batch and then DH wonders why it only made a dozen cookies! I'm going to make him some today for his lunches, I have no problem not eating them after they are cooked.

Az, I kind of agree with your post on chalanges as well. For me they make me impatient and when I get impatient I give up. Guess I just didn't realize it untill you posted about it.

Aud , Im a total procastinator too, comming to this site is just one of many excuses to put off actualy doing stuff. (but this one I can live with)

WOO..HOO.. Tigerseye, beachbum, Ilovemike, bouncie, and everyone who lost this week.:woohoo:

Puncezilla
11-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Great advice Jersygrl! For some reason doing it exactly like the book describes works best.

JerseyGyrl
11-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Great advice Jersygrl! For some reason doing it exactly like the book describes works best.

I don't agree with much on Atkins.com after the good Dr's death but...I wholeheartedly agree with this:

The Rules of Induction: "This phase of the Atkins Nutritional Approach™ must be followed precisely to achieve success. If you do it at all incorrectly you may prevent weight loss and end up saying, "Here is another weight-loss plan that didn't work."

aud
11-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Hiya puncie!:hug: Great to cya and congrats on that whoosh!:carrot:

Just was wondering - anybody seen fittie?:?: I was planning TG and thinking of her pumpkin bake when I realized I've been missing her.:(

lynnar
11-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the input. I hate food logs, but maybe that should be my next step. I eat a lot of the same stuff every day so that will make it easier.

Kim, I came up with the weight loss reistant thing the first time I did Atkins and we were using the keystix. I could never get a positive reading until I dropped all the veggies- which the book recommends. Just a couple of days of that and I had to turn to the metamucial. It was actually a little scary how uncomfortable I would get. And of course it makes no sense to eat your carbs in that form, thus the one salad a day rule.

I haven't used the sticks this time, but I think I can tell when I've been in Ketosis and I sure haven't felt that way lately. Even though I'm still being pretty good.

You advised me a few weeks ago about the fat and I've been watching that a little more carefully. I even bought heavy cream instead of half and half for my coffee and higher fat ground beef. I use olive oil when I cook, but lately I haven't done a lot of cooking. We grill about every weekend and I eat lots of leftovers.

I haven't been tracking my calories and I know there may be a big surprise in store for me, but I honestly think with all the dieting experience I've had, I know about how much I'm eating. I don't think I'm eating too many calories, could be eating too few on some days.

So no one is going to advise me to give up and learn to love my huge body? Too bad. I'm almost ready to do that. Thanks again. Lynn

Tigerseye
11-13-2007, 02:45 PM
I am really loving not being as hungry as I used to be. I felt so outta control before when I was eatting all those carbs (which made up most of my daily intake). Now I dont even get hungry inbetween meals or even sometimes at meal times. :)

msister
11-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Lynnar, have you tried mixing it up a bit like upping your carbs every few days? That seems to work for me as long as I get right back to counting 20-30 carbs per day.

And I wouldn't sweat the Ketostix or the slow loss much if you're losing inches...are you?

FitinTime
11-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Hiya puncie!:hug: Great to cya and congrats on that whoosh!:carrot:

Just was wondering - anybody seen fittie?:?: I was planning TG and thinking of her pumpkin bake when I realized I've been missing her.:(

Awwhhh, Aud you miss me, you really miss me!!! :p :hug: lol I'm so glad that you are doing well and feeling great! Go get em Girl!!!! You have the good vibrations going, sounds like you're going to lose!!! :carrot::carrot:

I'm around, getting caught up reading how down everybody was and didn't feel like posting. Sorry!

Now that most everyone is losing,:bravo: :carrot::carrot::carrot: WTG Punce, ilovemike, tiger, bouncing did you lose too!! Who else lost. I think that is fantastic!! I so excited for all of you, it's as if I lost too!!! :carrot::carrot:

I'm still at 205, but I know that once I start exercising again and get over TOM, I'll start losing again. I have stayed at 205 for that past week, which is good for me because I've had been going back and forth from 206 and 207.
So I just got to rev up the ol' metab and get er done!!!

Lynnar, I agree with Kim and msister, vegetables are really very important for this woe. Kim drilled that into me several times and she is absolutely right! Besides we can do so much with veggies. I always roast my in the oven or even grill them with some evoo, salt and pepper.
I'll make salads with as much veggies as I can have and drizzle evoo and vinegar on it. It's so good!!!
I also grill :chef: my foods too and eat them throughout the week. It saves time doesn't it! Plus if you go on Linda's Low Carb Menus and Recipes, she has a load of recipes we can eat for induction and for on going weight loss. So much to choose from that you can't get board or tired of it.

You can do it Lynnar!!! :cheer::cheer:

Azure, I know what you mean! I was doing a challenge on an other forum and I just could not keep up. I mean I know the most important thing is that we're losing for ourselves, but to be competing is sometimes so stressful and I did not want to be stressed out. That is the worst thing for our body when trying to lose weight. So I excused myself from the competition and you know what, so did 3 other ladies. We all felt the same way.
I want to lose weight in my own time and pace. That's what I did when I lost this 38 lbs.
But I look at you ladies who are under 199lbs and I can't wait to get there soon! It's a blessing to be that low and believe me to me that is low!
Don't give up the good fight!!!! Keep it up and you're going to win!!!:carrot:

:woohoo::woohoo:A BIG OL CONGRATS TO YOU LOSERS!!!! I'M SO PROUD AND HAPPY FOR YOU! FOR THOSE OF US STILL WAITING PATIENTLY, OUR TIME IS COMING!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!:woohoo::woohoo: :carrot::carrot:

Must make Pumpkin Bake!! Bake. . .Good!!!!!! Yumm!:dizzy:

I'm making that for TG too, mainly because there are 4 us in my familia who are on lc. The rest are not, so it will be the PB for us and the regular pumpkin pies for the others. I'm also going to make a lc version of the green bean casserole, and probably a mock mashed potatoes, and roasted veggies!
I can't wait for that day because by golly, I'm going to chow down!!!;)

Talk to you soon!!!

Diana

Puncezilla
11-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Hiya Fit, I missed you too! You'll get your wooosh soon too!

Lynnar So no one is going to advise me to give up and learn to love my huge body? Too bad. I'm almost ready to do that.You should love your body regardless. But don't give up. part of loving your body is doing whatever you can to keep it healthy. Don't rely on the sticks. I don't feel much different when I'm in ketosis, except not hungry. Hang in there you'll find out what works for you. and the food log dosn't have to be forever just till you figure out whats stopping you.

JerseyGyrl
11-13-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm making that for TG too, mainly because there are 4 us in my familia who are on lc. The rest are not, so it will be the PB for us and the regular pumpkin pies for the others. I'm also going to make a lc version of the green bean casserole, and probably a mock mashed potatoes, and roasted veggies!
I can't wait for that day because by golly, I'm going to chow down!!!;)

OOOOOOH Diana....can I come to your house for TG!!! All those things sound SOOOOOO good!!! I'll be going to my brother & sister-in-law's for dinner...turkey with no gravy & canned green beans:barf: Maybe we'll get an early snow storm and I won't be able to get there...what a shame:celebrate: At any rate...I won't succumb to the mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce or the pumpkin & apple pies. I just bought a pair of black velvet dress pants for my office Christmas party today....size 4/6:woohoo: I still CAN'T believe it!!!

FitinTime
11-13-2007, 06:24 PM
OOOOOOH Diana....can I come to your house for TG!!! All those things sound SOOOOOO good!!! I'll be going to my brother & sister-in-law's for dinner...turkey with no gravy & canned green beans:barf: Maybe we'll get an early snow storm and I won't be able to get there...what a shame:celebrate: At any rate...I won't succumb to the mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce or the pumpkin & apple pies. I just bought a pair of black velvet dress pants for my office Christmas party today....size 4/6:woohoo: I still CAN'T believe it!!!

Size 4/6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waaaaaah! I hate you!!!!! But I'm happy for you too!!!! :hug:

Come on over Kim!!! I'm not giving in to all that yucky food too! Blah!
Me no likey!!!

I'm going to eat Loooooooowww Caaaarrrbbbbb!

You know I will confess, with TOM, I've been eating Atkins bar!!!! (ducking down under the desk!) I did a bad ting! :devil:
I know, I know, but boy I need chocolate and the Lindt chocolate gave me the runs. Althought I did make some chocolate coconut oil bark and it's in the freezer! I forgot about that!!!
Okay, I won't eat Frankenfoods! I won't!!! :mad:

Hasta La Vista Baby's!!!

Diana

ilovemike4alwayz
11-13-2007, 07:34 PM
I had a potato for lunch....Thats all I have to say :(

FitinTime
11-13-2007, 07:49 PM
I had a potato for lunch....Thats all I have to say :(

:rollpin: :barf: :nono:

Bouncing
11-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Lynnar, I have found that EXERCISE makes the difference for me between losing and not losing. 40 minutes of sweaty aerobic exercise of some kind, plus half an hour or so of resistance -- in my case, weight machines -- at least 4x a week leads to steady, successful weight loss with what seems like lots and lots of veggies and salad every day. And are you drinking your 64 oz. of water a day? I find that makes a huge difference too. I didn't believe it until I proved it for myself.

JerseyGyrl
11-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Shellie, you are absolutely right about the exercise, veggies & salad, and the water. I do walk aerobics with a resistance belt 6 times a week, eat plenty of veggies, have a big salad everyday for lunch and drink a gallon of water everyday!:carrot:

Tigerseye
11-13-2007, 09:07 PM
I really have to get back to exercising, with any food plan I have tried in the past I always stalled pretty quickly without it. Water is VERY hard for me, but I gotta do what I gotta do, right? I use the crystal light flavors but im thinking thats not good to use, so im just gonna have to bite the bullet and drink plain old water the best I can.:dizzy:

FitinTime
11-13-2007, 09:25 PM
My husband bought a Wii and it has sports games in it. I've been doing the boxing, it's like I"m really boxing and what a good work out it is! I'm feeling it in my arms and back. It feels really good!
That is the best exercise.
It also has a bowling game and I do that as well. I feel that one in my legs.
I think if I do that three times a week and do my elliptical 3 times a week, I should start losing something!

I think the best form of exercise is dancing. I loves to dance!!! :carrot::carrot:

Diana

mothermavis
11-14-2007, 07:21 AM
I am doing well this time. This will be the last time I ever lose this weight.
Does anyone else use the flavored sugar free creamers in their coffee? Coffee is my gotta have it and it does not seem to stall me.

JerseyGyrl
11-14-2007, 09:12 AM
You know I will confess, with TOM, I've been eating Atkins bar!!!! (ducking down under the desk!) I did a bad ting! :devil:
I know, I know, but boy I need chocolate and the Lindt chocolate gave me the runs. Althought I did make some chocolate coconut oil bark and it's in the freezer! I forgot about that!!!
Okay, I won't eat Frankenfoods! I won't!!! :mad:

Oh Diana, Diana, Diana....Atkins bars of all things:nono: Those things are evil!!!:devil::devil::devil::devil: You'd be better off with the chocolate coconut bark:) Or what about some cream cheese or whipped cream (homemade) with a little unsweetened cocoa. a little Splenda and a splash of DaVinci's (Hazelnut is good) stirred in:high:

Try to stay away from those Atkins bars girl:goodluck:

ilovemike4alwayz
11-14-2007, 10:08 AM
ok so the scale says that i am down a pound but i dont believe it. i am going to wait till tomorrow and see what it says. my a$$ is going to stay OP today if it kills me. I am going to tell the girls in the office that unless they are going somewhere that has steak and salad to not invite me, my feelings will not be hurt. I now have off Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from my second job which is a relief so I am going to incorporate exercise in those 3 days, hey 3 days is better than none right?

FitinTime
11-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh Diana, Diana, Diana....Atkins bars of all things:nono: Those things are evil!!!:devil::devil::devil::devil: You'd be better off with the chocolate coconut bark:) Or what about some cream cheese or whipped cream (homemade) with a little unsweetened cocoa. a little Splenda and a splash of DaVinci's (Hazelnut is good) stirred in:high:

Try to stay away from those Atkins bars girl:goodluck:

LOL!! You're so funny! I know! I just had a bad chocolate craving and that was the first thing that I thought of.

That dessert sounds good, I'll have to try that! I just get lazy sometimes to make things that easy! Doh!

Okay Kim, I will stop eating those bars as of this minute! :D

Thank You for caring about me and what I eat!! :hug:

Love Ya!!! ;)
Diana

beach bum
11-14-2007, 12:04 PM

Feeling great this morning,slept until 8:45 this morning. I guess I need the sleep.

Watched the Biggest Loser last night,that show really motivates me in the the way they have to exercise. Wish I had the gym equipment they do,but I try to improvise.

Another quite day at home,except for going out to my choir rehearsal this afternoon.

I'm Doing great on the Atkins Plan,lose 2.5 early in this week and hopefully except to lose some more by Sat. W-I. I hope I don't jinx this weigh in by being so cocky and going Off Programs now that I lost something.

TIGER-I feel that way also,don't miss the my bread or grain carb like I thought I would. Plus I;'m not hungry either for then or other snacks.

MSISTER-Thats interesting to add carbs and than lower them,to break the plateau. Gee I every though about that. I used to do that with South Beach's Phases [Phase 2,3 and back to 1] now I following this the same procedure with counting calories[zig zagging] the calorie range every day. I guess this method would work on any program. Thanks for reminding me.I does make sense.

FIT-Welcome:welcome: back to the thread. I missed you also. It was AUD that mentioned that you haven't posted in a while .Glad you're back. I like you pumpkin bake recipe and going to make it for TG. Thanks for sharing.

PUNEZILLA-I used to use the sticks or strips and I didn't get any results. Now I rely on the scale and the way my clothes fit.

BOUNCING-Watched the Biggest Loser last night,that show really motivates me in the the way they have to exercise. Wish I had the gym equipment they do,but I try to improvise. I really believe that exercising is the key to weight loss,also. I'm in a challenge at another board that make me work harder than ever.It goes on for 60 days,and I think I will succeed if I continue with this challenge.

MOTHERMAVIS-I don't drink coffee,so I can't help you there. I don't think its allowed on this program either.Watch this products as they not L/C friendly.

ILOVEMIKE-Happy to hear that your losing again, good luck on tomorrow's W-I. but if its not your w-i be careful that you don't get hooked on the scale for progress, water fluctuations happen every day and you don't want to be discouraged at the scale, thats what happened to me.

Have a great Morning will post later after I get back from choir practice

aud
11-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Super Low Carb Egg Bread

Preheat oven 350
Line round cake pan (for cornbread-like slices) or pizza pan (for pizza-like slices) or cookie sheet (for cream puff like rolls) with parchment paper.

Ingredients & Instructions:

Beat 6 egg whites & 1 TBL Cream of Tarter about 5-7 minutes with electric mixer until stiff peaks form

With a fork mix well 4 egg YOLKS & 4 TBL sour cream

GENTLY FOLD egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture . . .

Choose appropriate pan and bake 30-40 minutes.

aud
11-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Ive made this recipe a few times using 6 whites and 6 yolks and also have cut back on the cream of tartar (ran out!) and it still came out. Haven't tried the pizza yet - you bake it on the pizza pan til done and then add your LC-Friendly Toppings & broil til melted. Think I may have that over the TG Holidays when everyone else is munching pizza/watching football. The rolls are just ok - got tired of them - some flat as pancakes - really prefer the way dh makes in the round cake pan - comes out like cornbread squares that I've made lil sandwiches with . . . or ate plain too, beachie . . . does this recipe look like the Revolution Rolls?:?:

YAY fittie!:carrot: Glad you checked in! ITA about the exercise - forgot to mention lynnar - since menopause - I get the best results when I supplement my walks with visits to the gym/weight room . . . pre-menopause I would lose like wildfire on Atkins - this time around the metabolism just isn't there anymore I don't think - gotta rev it up with weights, ya know? Even if it's push ups in the living room . . . I see a big difference in w/l when I incorporate.

I couldn't even do ONE push up when I started again this time around (July 16th '07) - I can do perfect form 10 now - barely.)

Think I'll go do some now - lol!:D

Hey fittie - Do you think you could Pumpkin Bake Post one more time?:^: Will save me a search and TG is getting closer!!! Tx!:hug:

beach bum
11-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi AUD:)

Thanks for the egg bread recipe. Yes they remind me of the revolution rolls because of the flatness.I make mine by dropping 2 tbs of dough on the cookie sheet and make 1 rectangle roll. The recipe call for 12, I make 6 I use two Rev rolls for a sandwich and they add up to 2.4 carbs.

I found the Pumpkin Bake on Linda's web site. http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/pumpkin_bake.html Going to buy the ingredients this weekend for TG dinner.

FitinTime
11-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi Ladie!

Glad to see everyone is on the up and up here!!

Yeah BB!! WTG on the lbs lost, so happy for you!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:
That's where I got that recipe from, LindaSue's website.
It's so good, isn't it! I thought I wouldn't be able to have pumpkin of any kind until I found that. It's the bomb!

Aud, thanks again! Here's the recipe.

JODY'S PUMPKIN BAKE
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
5 eggs
1/2 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
15 ounce can pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Put the cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and beat well. Pour into a 6x8" greased glass baking dish. Bake at 350º about 40 minutes or until the center feels firm and a knife inserted in the center comes out relatively clean. Cool, then chill before serving.

Makes 4-6 servings

With granular Splenda:
Per 1/4 Recipe: 342 Calories; 27g Fat; 14g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 9g Net Carbs
Per 1/6 Recipe: 228 Calories; 18g Fat; 9g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per 1/4 Recipe: 330 Calories; 27g Fat; 14g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs
Per 1/6 Recipe: 220 Calories; 18g Fat; 9g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

Jody said she gets four large servings out of this but I thought I'd save a few carbs and serve smaller pieces. This is very good and I think the spices and sweetness are just right. I tasted it while still warm and it was nice like that but it made the whipped cream melt. After trying it, I think that making this into just four servings is a bit over the top. Six servings is more realistic. I will probably make this again for Thanksgiving instead of a pumpkin pie although this tastes pretty much like pumpkin pie. Despite the cream cheese it is nothing like a cheesecake.

Talk to you all soon!

Diana :carrot:

lynnar
11-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Hello, Thanks again for all the advice.
I've been going to a step aerobic class for 2 years now. It's three times a week for 50 mins with the last 10 mins usually on the mat. Sometimes we use hand weights. I tried to use the machines to add more weight training last year, but I really don't like them and my "gym" is a city owned activity center with little supervision in the exercise room, so I never know if I'm doing the machines right or not. Also, you never know for sure when you can get on the machines and my time is always so limited.
I should add some kind of new exercise though. We do a heart rate check during class and I usually don't get my heart rate up very high. I guess I've been doing it for long it's gotten easy maybe it doesn't even counts as exercise. I don't want to give up the class though because I really like it and like the people there. I usually get back the gym at least once a week and do the eliptical for 25 mins. My goal is to be there every day, but you know how that works out.
I know I'm not getting all the water I should but that's another thing I don't know how to fix. My job takes me out of the office most of the time and there's not always a restroom handy. Sometimes I end up in meetings where it's difficult to get out and find a bathroom. I usually drink plain water with my meals, so I get at least a couple of glasses, but during the day I don't like to drink much more then that. And at night, well, who wants to get up to pee more then once a night? What do you all do?

I guess I'll keep stumbling along the way I'm going for a while. I'll probably start induction all over again and use a food log and maybe even some keysticks since I really don't think I'm in ketosis much of the time. But I won't do that until after Thanksgiving. There's no way I can stick to induction during Thanksgiving! But maybe I can stick to regular low carb and not gain weight! I hope so.
I want to try baking the egg bread or revoltution rolls one of these days, but surprisingly, I don't miss bread that much. If only it was a little more convenient to eat salads while driving!! Actually, Atkins just doesn't work very well if you eat a lot of meals in the car. Maybe that's a good thing!

FitinTime
11-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Lynnar,
maybe you shouldn't do Atkins then. It seems like there is always something that inhibits you from doing it.
I think it's the easiest thing to do.

You can cook extra boneless skinless chicken breast and eat that on the go. Slice up some cucumbers and take some radishes in a sandwich bag. Snack on that.
I mean there really is no excuse, if you really want to lose weight.

There is no way you can get around from not eating vegetables, it is absolutely vital to this way of eating. Eating fat is important too, that's what keeps us satisfied and we don't feel hungry as quickly.

Don't think it's hopeless, you just need to really commit yourself to it and just do it! Don't analyz it, otherwise it makes us crazy.

When I've gotten off plan, I get back on it, I don't think, oh well I may as well eat what I want because I messed up. No, I get back on the plan the next meal.
You know I'm not perfect here, but I really, really want to lose weight! I don't know if anyone wants to lose weight here. I would think so otherwise they wouldn't be here.

But we need to say, is this what I want or am I just bs-ing around and wasting my time. I sure hope not! I think we all want to lose and get to our goal weight.

The only way we can lose on Atkins if we do it the way he say's in his book.
It's not hard, but we make it hard on ourselves by tweaking and not eating correctly. I know I'm being hard here but I really don't see what's so hard about doing Atkins.

I'm just trying to get you pumping and wanting to do this right, so you can lose!

Diana

JerseyGyrl
11-14-2007, 07:40 PM
:bravo: Diana!!!

I could not have said it better myself!!!

Losing weight successfully & permanantly consists of 3 things....committment, determination & consistency. You must make the committment to yourself to do this for yourself! You need to continue by having the determination it takes to go on each & everyday (i.e. NO excuses). And lastly, but...certainly not least, you must be consistant. If you "fall off the wagon" get right back on at the next meal, just as Diana mentioned. There are millions of excuses we can make but...in reality, we are only lieing to ourselves!
"If You Do What You Always Did...You'll Get What You Always Got!"

Great post Diana...I'm proud of ya sweetie!!!:carrot:

FitinTime
11-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Hi Ladies,

I didn't want to offend anyone or get anyone mad, because I apply this to myself too.

I just know we can all do this if we just really want it! That's why we are here to encourage, support and motivate each other to lose this weight.

Lets' do that so we won't feel miserable. The more time we waste on not doing this, will only make us feel miserable.

Come Ladies We Can Do This!!!

Here's a couple of questions:

What outfit are you looking forward to wearing when you get down to the weight you want?

What activity are you looking forward to doing when you get down to the weight you want?

I want to wear a tight pencil skirt, with a nice fitting shirt tucked in with a wide belt and some 4 inch heels!

I want to do something in front of people that I normally would have been self conscience about such as Karaoke!

Diana

Tigerseye
11-14-2007, 08:56 PM
I want to wear white denim capris and a tank top in the summer :)

FitinTime
11-14-2007, 10:50 PM
I want to wear white denim capris and a tank top in the summer :)

Alright Tigerseye! And you can and you will!!!
Keep that image in your mind and don't give up!!! :carrot:

Diana

ilovemike4alwayz
11-15-2007, 01:10 AM
I was completely OP today. I even enjoyed myself some avacado. Yummmm. I did have a coke zero on my break. I guess we will see what the scale says in the morning and if my potato shows up.

In response to the comments above...

I would like to be able to wear anythinga and feel so good about myself and just exude confidence.

I want to be able to do anything and not feel like people are looking at me cause of my weight, but cause of how beautiful i am.

mothermavis
11-15-2007, 07:16 AM
I am completely on plan except for the coffee and it doesn't seem to bother, so for now I'm keeping it, but if it does start to slow me down I will cut it out immediately!!

I am going to wear my little hot pink shorts in April when we go on vacation!
I am going to wear a bikini too.

I also want to tuck my shirt in and not look like I have a butt in the front!

As for what I want to do, it involves the same vacation, I want to walk down the beach with DH in my bathing suit and not feel like I must go grab a tshirt or shorts to cover my large a$$.

FitinTime
11-15-2007, 07:51 AM
WAY TO GO LADIES!!!:carrot:

Let's keep those pictures of us in mind and let that be our motivation. If we stick to our woe, the closer we come to our goals!

I'm with you all the way, if we get off plan for one meal, let's get back on plan the next meal. We have come too far to go backwards!!!

Good Job ilovemike and mothermavis! Keep up the good work!!! :carrot::carrot:

Aud, BB, Bouncing, Lily, Lynnar, Punce, msister, I hope you all are doing good!

I want to pump us up. The Holidays are almost here, lets look good for Christmas and if not then let's do it before the summer comes!!!

Even if we are losing 1lb a week that is still good! It all adds up and it's better to lose slowly anyway.
As long as we can lose something it's okay.

We're going to feel good inside and out. We won't feel sick or tired, we're getting healthy and strong!

WHOOHOOO!!!! We can do this!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Diana

Diva
11-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Good morning everyone. I had a carb melt down on Sunday, and upon Weighin on Monday hadn't lost anymore weight, but I hadn't gained either, so I guess that's good. Since Monday I have been completely on plan and doing well so we'll see...

Congratz to all you who have lost and WTG all of you who are stying OP.

The Q & A

What outfit are you looking forward to wearing when you get down to the weight you want?
I am just looking forward to NOT shopping in the fat lady section anymore. I want to wear the cute smaller sized clothes, but to be able to put on a swim suit next summer and not feel ashamed of myself and go swimming during our vaction would be awesome!

What activity are you looking forward to doing when you get down to the weight you want?
I've said this before, I can't wait for the day when just taking a shower makes me run out of breath, but really, I want to be a personal trainer & Aerobic's instructor. it's beena dream for about 16 years or so and I REALLY want to make it come true.

ilovemike4alwayz
11-15-2007, 09:49 AM
The scale has moved on down. YAY! I started the week at 247.9 and I am down 243.6. Keep it coming.

Diva
11-15-2007, 10:36 AM
WOW! WTG Girly!!! Can we trade scales? I like yours better! LOL!;)

FitinTime
11-15-2007, 10:50 AM
YEAH DIVA!!!!! :carrot::carrot: That is an awesome goal!!!! Hold on to that because one day you will do it!
Good for you for keeping on plan regardless! That is great! It makes it that much easier to get right back on it after we've had a meltdown! You did the right thing!!!

GOOD FOR YOU ILOVEMIKE!!!! WTG ON THE LBS LOST!!! WHOOHOO!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Keep it up Ladies!!! You are doing so good!!!!

KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE LADIES!!!! :dancer::woohoo::woohoo::cheer::cheer:

lynnar
11-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Gee Diana, maybe I read a different book? I know mine had a chapter on what to do if you don't go into ketosis during the regular induction and that said to leave off the vegetable servings. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm making excuses. I thought I was asking for advice and supplying some information about my lifestyle that might be relevant.
I'm glad that Atkins works for all of you. That's why I'm here asking for help. But I think maybe we're just all a different and it doesn't work as well for everyone.

JerseyGyrl
11-15-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm glad that Atkins works for all of you. That's why I'm here asking for help. But I think maybe we're just all a different and it doesn't work as well for everyone.

Lynnar,
I believe you are correct, Atkins does not work for everyone. Being weight loss resistant would prove to be a real hinderance on a program like Atkins since it would prevent you from eating vegetables. As I mentioned in previous posts here, Atkins Induction should include 12-15 of your 20 carbs for the day coming from vegetables & salad.

Attempting to do Atkins just eating meat, eggs & cheese...frankly, in my opinion is not healthy long term. Extremely low carb diets have been known to cause a mirage of health problems. Your body needs fiber to function properly & avoid constipation. A meat & egg fast may be ok for a few days but...it certainly does not constitue a lifestyle change and a lifestyle change is what is required for successful & permanant weight loss.

We are all different, and what works for me may not work for you. I wish you all the best in your endeavors to find what works for you & your lifestyle.

All the best to you!!

Kim

FitinTime
11-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Sorry that I upset you Lynnar, that wasn't my intention to do that. :hug:

I just remember reading in the Atkins book, as well, that said everybody should be able to lose on this program as long as it's done right.

I'm not here to stir anything up except motivation. :yes:

You have gotten so really good advice here especially from people who have lost all their weight. I'm even listening to it myself!

But I can understand you're frustration too.

All I can say is don't give up, try to stay on plan and let your body do it's thing while trying to adjust to your way of eating.

I have been on a 5 month stall right now, but that's not going to get me to eat off plan. Like you, I'm getting all my advice and answers from people who are going through the same thing. I am taking their advice and not giving up.
I have to let my body adjust to what I've lost and then it will start losing again.

I only meant to encourage you, not upset you. Again I am sorry if I did! :^:

Diana

I just read Kims post, and I agree about finding something that works for you.
You will find it too! :)

Diva
11-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Well I just gave in and weighed myself and I'm down another pound! Wooohoooo!:carrot:

Lynnar, I have read the book and am not even close to being done, and I read what everyone here has to say and I think everyone is different and everyone knows individually what we can and cannot live with or stick with. I know for myself, there is NO way at this time I could ever do a total induction like so many here have done and done successfully. So I have played around a little and have landed on what works for me, which it seems so far is anywhere from 1500 -1900 calories a day and I keep my carbs anywhere from 50 to 85 and I am losing. I'm losing slowly, but I am also losing faster than what I was just counting calories alone.

I hope you get it figured out. Not everything works for everyone. I failed miserably on WW and calorie counting. I actually gained 8 lbs counting calories and eating Low fat or fat free food products. It wasn't until I stumbled upon the Atkins book and this particular forum that I started losing. :hug:

msister
11-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Gee Diana, maybe I read a different book? I know mine had a chapter on what to do if you don't go into ketosis during the regular induction and that said to leave off the vegetable servings. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm making excuses. I thought I was asking for advice and supplying some information about my lifestyle that might be relevant.

I have heard some folks say the strips never turn even pink for them and they are still losing weight.

Of course, everyone is different; find the plan that you can live with and that works for you, by all means. Atkins works far better than any other plan I've ever been on, but that doesn't mean it's true for everyone.

I just didn't want you to be too concerned over the Ketostix because some folks never see a color change and still are losing weight/inches.

JerseyGyrl
11-15-2007, 02:04 PM
I have heard some folks say the strips never turn even pink for them and they are still losing weight.

I can personally vouge for this. I've lost over 100 lbs doing Atkins and those strips never turned color for me.

lilybelle
11-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone, I've been MIA due to a bad respiratory infection. I still feel pretty rotten but am on Antibiotics and trying to get well.

As for the ketostrips, I never once tried them throughout my wt. loss or maintenance. They just weren't available in our area. I did lose my weight, so Atkins worked for me anyway. Actually it worked great for wt. loss but I admittedly have had more difficulty with maintenance than I had anticipated. Even now when I try to get back to strict Atkins the wt. just doesn't come off like it did before. It may totally be that since I'm at a "normal" weight, my body doesn't respond to trying to lose more like I think it should. But, yeah, I wanted to someday see 135 lbs. and it aint a happening.

lynnar
11-15-2007, 02:31 PM
I guess I owe Diana an apology. I didn't mean to jump back at you like that. I am extremely frustrated with the weight loss thing, but I'm also having some drama here at work that has me a little sensitive.
Kim, if I was losing I wouldn't think twice about throwing away the sticks. In fact, I don't actually have them this time round. But I'm not losing much weight or very many inches. I don't feel like I'm in Ketosis and I'm about out of plans to try.
I've done Weight Watchers and counting calories and counting fats. I've had fat blocker pills and prescription appetite suppressants. I havent' been to one of those weight loss centers and there's one that I've heard about that does a low carb type thing, but it's very expensive. It would be worth every dollar if I knew it would work, but if I spend all that money and it doesn't work...
I know Atkins didn't recommend staying on the ultra low carb indefinitely-not even for weight loss resistant people. I don't have my book here, but I'm thinking it was only until the sticks started changing. That's why I was thinking I would buy myself another supply of sticks and start all over. But I really do want to wait a while because as you can see, I'm pretty stressed out right now and we have Thanksgiving to get through. Thanks and sorry if I was too sensitive.

msister
11-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi everyone, I've been MIA due to a bad respiratory infection. I still feel pretty rotten but am on Antibiotics and trying to get well.

As for the ketostrips, I never once tried them throughout my wt. loss or maintenance. They just weren't available in our area. I did lose my weight, so Atkins worked for me anyway. Actually it worked great for wt. loss but I admittedly have had more difficulty with maintenance than I had anticipated. Even now when I try to get back to strict Atkins the wt. just doesn't come off like it did before. It may totally be that since I'm at a "normal" weight, my body doesn't respond to trying to lose more like I think it should. But, yeah, I wanted to someday see 135 lbs. and it aint a happening.

Hope you feel better soon!

Well, the closer you get to goal the slower the going is. But you have lost nearly 100 pounds, and that is incredible! That inspires me to keep plugging along as I still have another 40 or so to lose.

I'd love to know from those of you who have successfully lost >50 pounds what your most important five or so tips are.

Even though I haven't reached anywhere near the level of success you have so far, one important thing for me is not making the goal too daunting. If I think 50 pounds, it seems impossible. If I break it into smaller increments of five pounds it definitely seems doable.

msister
11-15-2007, 02:52 PM
I guess I owe Diana an apology. I didn't mean to jump back at you like that. I am extremely frustrated with the weight loss thing, but I'm also having some drama here at work that has me a little sensitive.
Kim, if I was losing I wouldn't think twice about throwing away the sticks. In fact, I don't actually have them this time round. But I'm not losing much weight or very many inches. I don't feel like I'm in Ketosis and I'm about out of plans to try.
I've done Weight Watchers and counting calories and counting fats. I've had fat blocker pills and prescription appetite suppressants. I havent' been to one of those weight loss centers and there's one that I've heard about that does a low carb type thing, but it's very expensive. It would be worth every dollar if I knew it would work, but if I spend all that money and it doesn't work...
I know Atkins didn't recommend staying on the ultra low carb indefinitely-not even for weight loss resistant people. I don't have my book here, but I'm thinking it was only until the sticks started changing. That's why I was thinking I would buy myself another supply of sticks and start all over. But I really do want to wait a while because as you can see, I'm pretty stressed out right now and we have Thanksgiving to get through. Thanks and sorry if I was too sensitive.

I think everyone here can identify with your frustration. The people here are so nice, though, and it's great to get support, isn't it?

I'm curious about something. Have you actually been doing low carb/Atkins? If so, could you post a couple of typical days of your menus and maybe some of the more seasoned veterans would be able to spot something that may cause a stall or real slow weight loss? I know it's disheartening to see the scale move so slowly or not much at all, but at least it's not going the opposite direction! I'm still drinking coffee with cream several times per day. I also have the occasional glass or three of dry red wine, but that's a choice I make. I think cheese does tend to stall me some and I don't like it much anyway, so I try to limit it to a few times per week.

Honestly, I don't do strict induction and it does make a difference with how fast I'm losing. I don't do any extra exercise, either, and that is affecting me. I'm OK with this as the benefits to me of eating low carb is I feel so much better and am seldom what I'd call really hungry. I also don't weigh but about once every two weeks because there are too many things that can factor in with weight fluctuation and it gets depressing. However, I can feel the difference in my clothing so I know I am at least losing inches if not a ton of weight.

Good luck to you, and I hope you find a plan that you can live with and that works for you.

JerseyGyrl
11-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi Lynnar,
It sounds like you are pretty stressed with all you have going on. Stress CAN & WILL affect your weight loss.

I, too can certainly relate to your frustration. We are human & we get impatient. We are a society that wants instant gratification. You hear & see all the Atkins success stories here and you want that to be YOU...and when it isn't, you become frustrated, impatient. stressed and discouraged. When I first began Atkins 3½ years ago, I was 245 lbs and wearing a size 3X...I was HUGE and I was very unhappy. As I later learned from Atkins "experts" a stall after or even during Induction is "normal". I became discouraged because I wanted the weight off and I wanted the weight off NOW!!! When I get frustrated, I get even more determined! I listened to the advice of a seasoned Atkins success story and I am SO thankful to her!!! Here I am 3½ years later, living a totally low carb lifestyle, exercising and at 46 years old, feeling & looking better than I have ever been in my life!! Just this week, I bought a pair of black velvet dress pants for my office Christmas party size 4/6!!! I can't believe it!!!

I really hope you find a plan that works for you. Don't give up...you CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!!:hug:

Kim

beach bum
11-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Was busy this morning and had not time to post. hope everything is fine with all you guys.I'm ok,and hoping for a whooosh this weekend.

DIANE-Thanks:thanks: for helping & motivation us to keep on plugging away so we can finally hit our goal.

ILOVEMIKE--Big congrats:cheers: on moving the scale downward,and you were afraid of the potato that you ate last night. Sometime starchy carbs aren't as bad as they claim.

DIVA -Thats good that you maintained.Don't like it,but its better than a gain. You posted great questions,I hope that I can get into a smaller size like a 11 or 12 would make me happy.and the second question I would have to think about that one.Great job:carrot::carrot:losing another pound you're on a roll keep it going.

LILY-Sorry:sorry: that you're aren't feeling well.Sending some Get:getwell: well wishes your way.I ever used the strip either,as I asked before on this board and you told me that it was necessary,as long as you eat the right amount of carbs you would do fine.

Have nice day

aud
11-15-2007, 03:45 PM
WOW - LC Chat has been really busy!:carrot: It's great to have new LC Chatters, isn't it? Been enjoying your Posts diva/msister/mothermavis/lynnar/ilvemike4a & also all of our veteran chatters!:hug:

Where ya at today beachie & bouncie? I'm getting psyched for a 3 day weekend (celebrating Veterans Day tomorrow(???:?:??? - whatEVAH! *shrug* Have NO idea why they made it a Friday - deer season maybe?:^:) Major plans? Spending more time at the Y getting my $64 a month's worth-LOL!:D Think that I Posted b4 that if I think of it that way - I GO!;)

Gosh it seems like me & you & beachie have taken a LOT of anti-biotics this year lily! Doesn't it?:?: Hate to admit it - but I'm hoping for a BRUTAL FREEZING winter . . . MUST KILL all these germs/viruses and INSECTS that are lasting year round is my world view!:dizzy: Get to feeling better!:hug:

Let's concentrate on how you FEEL for a second lynnar. Do you feel better on LC than you did on your other "diet"/eating lifestyles? I've run the gamut myself - yo-yo'd on all of them and more importantly felt like a the proverbially pile of *expletive deleted*;)

A few more questions if you can stand it::p

Do you feel good?

Do you have lots of energy?

Have you had any blood work done?
a) anemia?
b) lipid/cholesterol panels?

(I find the "b4 & after" blood work to be TOTALLY INSPIRING regardless of my weight loss status. The HEALTH improvement ALONE make Atkins a joy for me!:carrot:)

Do you take ANY prescription medications that could be interfering with weight loss?
a) don't have my book handy either - but I know that there is a Chapter devoted to this. My Big Sis could not lost with LC due to her lupus medications.:( (But FEELS great when she eats the LC way.)

I didn't take any of your Posts to be making excuses and hope that I have been supportive in your quest for answers - hope my few more questions can lead to some answers for ya Girl!:hug:

Water: Must drink it! Your body will adjust to the Pee Needs - you need to drink at times you will be able to go of course and you need to drink it (especially after alcohol) until your pee is almost colorless each day. Very important on Atkins/kidneys.

Tx for running Jody's Pumpkin Bake recipe again fittie! Like beachie - I need to get the supplies in for this TG treat I'm planning!:carrot:

HI AZURE if you're out there!!!:hug: Was thinking of one of your Posts when contemplating fitties motivational questions of what I want when my goal is reached and I thought of you and your "breast" Post!!:o Gosh I would love to have these monsters at least LIFTED! I'd love to be fit looking and actually go BRA-LESS for the first time since . . . oh about 1977!:D

* . . . it's a sweet dream.*

aud
11-15-2007, 03:48 PM
PS to an already loooong a$$ Post: I've never used keto sticks - I think I can tell when I'm in ketosis by my energy level & also a dry mouth.

My own quest is to really just get in touch with my body & spirit - try to LISTEN to what it tells me. When I feel the most energetic & thirsty - is usually when I lose the most weight, ya know?

JerseyGyrl
11-15-2007, 04:00 PM
I'd love to know from those of you who have successfully lost >50 pounds what your most important five or so tips are.

Hi Msister!
Most important 5 or so tips huh? Hmmm, let me think. I guess for me, I would have to say:

1. Follow the plan EXACTLY as it was written. I am an Atkins purist, meaning...I eat this way 365 days a year. Doesn't matter if its a holiday, my birthday, DBF's birthday...I make NO exceptions. There is a rule of Induction that stuck in my head the first time I read it in the book "Eat nothing that isn't on the Acceptable Foods list and that means absolutely nothing. Your "just this one taste won't hurt" rationalization is the kiss of failure during this phase of Atkins."
2. Drink your water!! I am a firm believer that water means water. It does not mean coffee, tea, diet soda's, Crystal Light, flavored waters etc. Before I began Atkins, I NEVER drank water!!:barf: now I drink a gallon of water everyday.
3. Get some form of excercise. If you are anything like me, exercising is NOT something you WANT to do...but...I learned a little secret, find a type of excercise you actually enjoy doing! If you can do that, you will stick with it and actually look forward to doing it!!
4. Always have allowed foods available. I always have a bowl of hard boiled eggs, tuna salad, and cooked veggies in my fridge at all times. This makes life so much easier! In the morning, I grab a hard boiled egg, put a couple of links of breakfast sausage on a plate in the microwave & grab my low carb yogurt and breakfast is served! I keep lettuce in plastic bags with paper towels or a tupperware bowl so I can make my salad everyday for lunch. I added a pinch of shredded cheese, a few slices of cut up cucumber,I cut up a few cooked broccoli florets, add a scoop of tuna salad and I'm good to go!
5. This is a lifestyle!! Diets don't work, because a diet is something the majority of people go on to lose weight and once they've lost the weight...they quit & go back to their old ways. Successful & permanant weight loss is acheived by changing your eating habits for the rest of your life! Remember, "If You Do What You Always Did...You'll Get What You Always Got"

You CAN do this!!!:carrot:

All the best to you!!!

Kim

FitinTime
11-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi Lynnar,
Don't even give that a second thought! :hug: I totally understand the feeling, even for me, to see KIM, with all her weight loss wishing it was me!! LOL

But seriously, I wouldn't try to hurt anyone, I am the type that say's it like it is and I forget that writing and not seeing the face or expressions makes it seem like we're mad or something.
So please accept my apology! ;)

I just to see all of us doing good!! :)

Diana

JerseyGyrl
11-15-2007, 04:35 PM
I totally understand the feeling, even for me, to see KIM, with all her weight loss wishing it was me!! LOL

Diana, it WILL be YOU soon sweetie!!! Keep up the great work!!!:hug:

msister
11-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi Lynnar,
Don't even give that a second thought! :hug: I totally understand the feeling, even for me, to see KIM, with all her weight loss wishing it was me!! LOL

But seriously, I wouldn't try to hurt anyone, I am the type that say's it like it is and I forget that writing and not seeing the face or expressions makes it seem like we're mad or something.
So please accept my apology! ;)

I just to see all of us doing good!! :)

Diana

S/C/G: 243/205/150

Wow, you're doing great too! It won't be long until you give Kim a run for her money!

FitinTime
11-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Diana, it WILL be YOU soon sweetie!!! Keep up the great work!!!:hug:

:hug:

S/C/G: 243/205/150

Wow, you're doing great too! It won't be long until you give Kim a run for her money!

:hug:

That's why I come here, to get pumped up!!! :carrot:

lynnar
11-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Here's a real fast (end of the day!) sample menu in response to msister. I eat a lot of the same things every day.
This week I'm back to burgers for breakfast (my family thinks I'm crazy). Just the burger (precooked), some mustard and some colby cheese.
I eat salad about everyday for lunch and I always have grilled chicken on it. No cheese at lunch but I use blue cheese dressing.
Dinner is the one meal that changes but last night I stirfried chicken in olive oil with some onions and mushrooms. Tonight I have chicken breasts in the crock pot with tomatoes.
I really do miss the veggies. I'm not trying to avoid them because I don't like them! Normally, I eat lots of broccoli, cauliflower and squash.
I know I may eat too much cheese, but that's what I go for when I need a snack- a slice of cheddar or colby. It may be two or three ounces each evening.
I also know I'm not drinking as much water as I should, but I probably get in one bottle (16 ozs?) in the a.m. and a 12 oz glass with lunch and dinner. I drink flavored water (no carbs, no calories) at night.
And yes, I do feel better that's the only reason I've stuck with this for so long. I do the exercise thing too and that helps. I'm not hungry all the time on this WOE which is huge plus, but I still don't think I'm in ketosis because I don't have the bad taste in my mouth. I've had that taste on occasion, but not much lately. And I can't say I've noticed a big increase in energy, but another plus is that I'm sleeping better most of the time and I haven't been sick very much lately.
I'm still open to advice and I'll try not to snap at anyone again, but I probably won't do induction again right now. May try it after Thanksgiving or maybe I'll figure something else out.

msister
11-15-2007, 07:40 PM
I know I may eat too much cheese, but that's what I go for when I need a snack- a slice of cheddar or colby. It may be two or three ounces each evening.

Can you find something else to satisfy your snack cravings besides cheese? Some folks are very sensitive to the mold (I think that's what it is). I know cheese tends to really slow down my loss.

Some of my favorite low carb snacks are:

Baked pepperoni slices - they get crisp so that satisfies my need for something crunchy as I'm not wild about pork rinds.

Tuna or chicken salad filled celery stalks. It's also very crunchy and it's filling.

Roasted chicken or a few slices of ham or roast beef.

Sliced beef salami dipped in mustard.

Are you craving the saltiness of the cheese? Maybe you can figure out something to substitute for a week to see if that makes a difference to your loss.

As far as keto-breath? I don't really get it but I am losing both inches and pounds, so not sure if that's a real good indicator either as everyone's bodies are so different.

JerseyGyrl
11-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Cheese is a common staller for a lot of people. It tends to be very binding and therefore, constipating. I limit cheese to 2 oz per day and that has worked well for me.
Be careful of processed meats like pepperoni, salami and luncheon meats. They contain a lot of sodium that may cause you to retain water. Many also contain hidden sugars and nitrates. Luncheon meats like ham, roast beef & even turkey can contain sugar, corn syrup, brown sugar & maltodextrin. Be sure to read labels. If at all possible, make your own roasted turkey breast or roast beef that way you are guaranteed there are no hidden things you don't want:)
Tuna & chicken salad are excellent snacks as well as deviled eggs. Cut up cucumber, radishes, peppers, all dipped in ranch also make a great snack. An excellent low carb, very nutritious snack (NOT on Induction) is a handful of raw (unsalted) almonds. One ounce of almonds (approx 24 ) is just under 3 net carbs, has 3 grams of fiber and contains good amounts of calcium, magnesium, potassium & iron.
There are so many wonderful websites full of low carb recipes you may find very helpful not only for snack ideas but, for meals & desserts as well. For some of the best Atkins friendly recipes on the net, have a look here:
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
The Induction friendly recipes are marked with an *

beach bum
11-16-2007, 10:15 AM

I'm going to be rushed again this morning,so I going to make this post short.Have to go shopping for groceries make my dinner early and got out of the house my 1:30 to sing for our local nursing home.

I think I allergic to tomatoes. Didn't go to the doctor's of any kind of test ,but when I ate tomatoes,and had diced tomatoes in a recipes I started to get hives all over my tummy area. Its a possibility that I had too many at one time, & my bod couldn't take the acid. My DD had the same problem when she was a child. She ate all our cherry tomatoes right off the plants,and she developed hives too. Leo thinks I should stay away from them and then just take a small amount. Found that I can make a nice salad with out them,but I going to miss my BLT's on toast.Have to experiment and find an alternative.

Scale is looking good in my favor so far, Hope it will stay that way until tomorrow's W-I.I guess I just have to watch what I eat & drink today.

Thanks Kim for the information you gave us and for motivation,we sure need it.. I read your posts and you'd did wonderful on the Atkins WOE. Maybe I should pay more attention,not only for weight loss but start being healthy again. Thanks again for being here with us.

Diane-I saw your post about Atkins Protein bars. I found an alternative. Made these protein bars and they were delish.

Recipe:

PB Protein Bars

2tb Peanut butter
2ts butter,melted
1/2tsp splenda
1 s scoop vanilla whey protein powder

Melt PB & Butter in microwave.Mix in the sweetener thoroughly. Add protein powder & stir until it forms into a ball.[you might have to use you hands to aid in the thorough mixing]Roll up in a ball & knead a bit. Than separate into even portions,shaping as desired.Refrigerate until firm.

2 net carbs.

Have to go ,will post later

FitinTime
11-16-2007, 11:14 AM

I'm going to be rushed again this morning,so I going to make this post short.Have to go shopping for groceries make my dinner early and got out of the house my 1:30 to sing for our local nursing home.

I think I allergic to tomatoes. Didn't go to the doctor's of any kind of test ,but when I ate tomatoes,and had diced tomatoes in a recipes I started to get hives all over my tummy area. Its a possibility that I had too many at one time, & my bod couldn't take the acid. My DD had the same problem when she was a child. She ate all our cherry tomatoes right off the plants,and she developed hives too. Leo thinks I should stay away from them and then just take a small amount. Found that I can make a nice salad with out them,but I going to miss my BLT's on toast.Have to experiment and find an alternative.

Scale is looking good in my favor so far, Hope it will stay that way until tomorrow's W-I.I guess I just have to watch what I eat & drink today.

Thanks Kim for the information you gave us and for motivation,we sure need it.. I read your posts and you'd did wonderful on the Atkins WOE. Maybe I should pay more attention,not only for weight loss but start being healthy again. Thanks again for being here with us.

Diane-I saw your post about Atkins Protein bars. I found an alternative. Made these protein bars and they were delish.

Recipe:

PB Protein Bars

2tb Peanut butter
2ts butter,melted
1/2tsp splenda
1 s scoop vanilla whey protein powder

Melt PB & Butter in microwave.Mix in the sweetener thoroughly. Add protein powder & stir until it forms into a ball.[you might have to use you hands to aid in the thorough mixing]Roll up in a ball & knead a bit. Than separate into even portions,shaping as desired.Refrigerate until firm.

2 net carbs.

Have to go ,will post later

Hi BB, thanks for the recipe, I will definately try that for sure!!!

I hope you have a good report tomorrow with your weight loss!!!:carrot:

Have a great day!

aud
11-16-2007, 02:54 PM
That happened to a friend of mine at work just recently beachie!:o Not sure of her age - definitely late 50's - the point being that she grew up on a farm and still lives on a farm with huge gardens and enjoyed tomatoes her entire life - canned them/salsa/sauce/paste/juice - famous for it etc. At harvest this year she broke out in horrible hives all over her neck & face!:o:( Turned out to be the tomatoes . . . which she LOVES so:( . . . and because they were on the neck area - very dangerous for her. Now she has to get pizza w/o sauce etc. No one else in her family has ever had this so it's just a mystery. Glad your reaction was slighter and on the tummy!:hug:

Had a higher carb intake than usual yesterday . . . the good news is that I had a delicioso bowl of chili that was mainly meat & chili beans . . . the bad news is that I just ate it to be eating it - wasn't even really hungry but mainly tired & bored . . . at least it wasn't a 1/2 gallon of ice cream but need to learn to consistently just have some water and GO TO BED when tired, ya know?

tiny steps.

I'm off today and heading out into the glorious sunshine - ttyal & TGIF!:carrot:

beach bum
11-17-2007, 09:49 AM

Got on the scale this morn for my Sat. W-I and I lost :carrot:2-lbs.:carrot: I changed my ticker right away to start my motivation.

Its cold:brr: this morning, 34 % and not climbing any higher.Have the fireplace a going and my heavy sweaters ready to use.

DIANE-Your welcome, whenever I see a substitute I will share it with your guys. Got all my foods in for the big turkey :turkey: day,but this time i not going to go overboard and blow it. I'll just have small portions of stuffing and sweet potato and the rest will be low carb friendly.

AUD-I'm sorry:sorry: to heard that about your friend,but to know that I'm not alone is worth everything. Some friend on another board gave me hints of how to make the tomatoes & products less acidity. Some said to put cream and tomato sauce to together,others told me to add baking soda to the sauce will also stop the acid.I going to keep away from them for a whole before returning to them,and see what happens'

Have to get ready to start my chores

:cofdate: Need another cup of coffee first

Puncezilla
11-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Morning, How's everyone? I'm doing good, just stopping in to say hi!

Congrats on your loss BB! The stuffing and sweet potatoes are my favorites, I used to eat sweet potatoes a lot, of course with brown sugar and butter, yummmmm. I think tomatoe allergys are very common, one of my cousins can't eat them raw or she gets blisters on her mouth.

just have some water and GO TO BED when tired,
This is something I realy need to work on.
I made DH a big pot of chilli this week and it was very hard to resist.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

msister
11-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Hi everyone,

You guys are still doing great!

We shall see if I survive Thanksgiving dinner as I'm cooking this year. I think I'll be OK, though, but if not it will be right back OP on Friday.

mothermavis
11-18-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm debating if sweet potatoes are worth it. I'm thinking not.
We will have them because they are my oldest son and MIL's favorite, but I think I will skip them. I am going to focus on turkey, mashed cauliflower, maybe a way to make my oyster stuffing low carb. I also bookmarked a low carb cranberry relish type dish. That should do me.
I am the cook, so it's up to me to make the meal fit my needs too, and I can do it!!

laura02169
11-18-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm new to the site and just wanted to stop by and say "hello".

I love the group name - because for me (and I am sure many others) low-carb eating can not be a "diet" but a permenent lifestyle. Every once in a while, I convince myself that I can eat pizza, pasta, and bread on a regular basis. But my scale and waistline quickly disagree!

I look forward to getting to know you all better - Enjoy the day!

- Laura

JerseyGyrl
11-18-2007, 11:44 AM
:welcome3: Laura!!

I like your attitude...you are 100% correct, this is NOT a diet....this is a lifestyle!!! A diet is something you go on to lose the weight & go off and go back to your old habits. We've all been there and that doesn't work. Successful & permanant weight loss requires changing your eating habits for the rest of your life.

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!

Kim

msister
11-18-2007, 12:57 PM
I look forward to getting to know you all better - Enjoy the day!

- Laura

Hi Laura!

You already look like you have a good jump on your new WOL, so congrats. Nice to meet you. I'm pretty new too but the people are sure nice so I bet you will very much like this board as I do.

aud
11-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Hiya LC'ers!:hug: & WELCOME laura0!:welcome2:

We've got a LC bud lauraG here somewhere - so hope "laura0" is ok with you?:^:

Yeah, thinking "lifestyle" has been HUGE for me this time around . . . also identifying and getting in touch with what my body is actually SAYING and/or WANTING is a priority on my journey - and everONGOING. So proud that I took a NAP yesterday instead of pigging out . . . So proud that I've been burning up the gym the last two days . . . gotta keep it going and the way to do that is to just keep reminding myself how good I feel on the lc wol, ya know?

I don't think the sweet potatoes are going to be worth it this year for me - ditto on the stuffing. I'm making the cauli-cream cheese-mash along with jody's pumpkin bake. Both these dishes should be super filling/good treats to feel "holiday special" - of course will be loading up on tons of yummy turkey & drippings - what good feeling endorphin is supposed to be released by turkey loading? tryptophane?:?::turkey::thanks2:

Mmmmmmmmm . . . need some!:happ3:

Have a Great Sunday - ttyal while I'm watching my Beloved Rams (w/o BEER!:cheer::encore:)

Puncezilla
11-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Welcome Laura0! :welcome:

I'm so glad thanksgiving is over for me. Good luck to everyone staying OP for the holliday!

I'm still doing great!

FitinTime
11-18-2007, 03:01 PM
:welcome: Laura! My little sister is name Laura too!!!

I'm not a big yams/sweet potatoe person so I don't have to worry about that! But, my mom makes my grandmothers stuffing and that to me is the best stuffing I have ever had!

I am making some lc side dishes and desserts. The only thing with me will be drking wine. I love wine and champagne. So that may be a problem for me! The thing with me is, I have no problem going to back to lc when I eat off plan! No problem at all!

My birthday is coming in Decemeber and I'm already making plans for it!
I'm going to post a picture of me from January of this year to an updated to a progress photo, soon!
I don't even know what I look like now!

I hope you all are doing going GooD!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Lynnar, Sweetie, please post, I do care about you Hon!!! Please forgive me!!!

I hope all my other lc Friends are doing Fantastic!!!!!! :hug: :carrot:

Love Ya!!!
Diana

beach bum
11-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Didn't have time this morning to post. We celebrating our 41st wedding anniversary tomorrows, as we had roasting chicken and all the works[1/2 c stuffing & 1/2 c brown rice] and on TG going to have the same but in moderation. The dessert is going to be the Pumpkin Bake.

I know I will be ok on the scale as I 'm working around a calorie counting challenge with another board. I'm, zig zagging the calorie range[1200-1500] every day and that how I lost my 2-lbs this weekend. Its works with any diet or woe,as did for me.

Of coarse , I'm not going wild and eat everything in site.I'm going to cook my traditional foods,but have my handy food scale & measuring cups on hand to keep within the portion control.

Menu-6 oz-Turkey breast with 1/4 c gravy, 1/2 c mashed sweet potato,bread stuffing.1c green beans,creamed onions and of course the pumpkin bake.

PUNCEZILLA-Thanks:thanks: for the congrats I'm not going to put any sugar or mash mellows on this sweet potato its going to be a plain one that I plan to mash and cook in chicken stock.
Going to try the tomatoes again,to see if I'm really allergic or was it having a abundance amount at one time.

MSISTER-I agree:yes: with you,we all will be back OP on Friday.I'm going to sandwich the holiday by eat very low carb on Wed and than again on Friday.Hopefully my plan will work.

MOTHERMAVIS-Big congrats :cheers: for your a plan to give up sweet potato,I couldn't do that,I'm going to have mine,but eat them PLAIN.

LAURA-Welcome:welcome: to the board.You'll love it here very supportive and motivation ladies on this board. Gee!! Thats fantastic:cheers: that your starting l/c just before TG:turkey: day.You'll find that it was wise to start before.

AUD-If you can control your portions I can't see why I can't enjoy my sweet potato and stuffing,I will differently let you guys know if it didn't work and than when the next holiday Christmas:tree: comes up I won't have them. I like you alternative,I might just fit it in somewhere into my menu.

DIANE-See I don't drink :cheers: alcohol, wine or cocktails,so that no problem for me either. I will have my water at my side instead,and with my plan of sandwiching TG with l/c along with exercise:exercise: on Wed and Friday I can't see that the scale will give me a problem on Saturdays W-I.

Have a good one

laura02169
11-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome :hug:; and Laura0 is fine with me!

I don't know if it is better or worse that I have made this change right before TG, but it was definately needed after all the candy I ate around Halloween!

I am spending the holiday with other lc-ers, so hopefully there won't be stuffing and potatoes!

FitinTime
11-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Hello!

Hi BB, hope those 2 lb loss will stick, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY :congrat::cheers::celebrate::woo::balloons:

I WISH YOU ALL THE HAPPINESS AND BLESSINGS!!!!

WTG on sticking to lc throughout!!!!

Hi Laura, here's some :dust:
for you!

Every one have a great rest of your Weekend!!!

aud
11-20-2007, 03:35 PM
:cp::coach:Red Rover . . .

Red Rover . . .

Send Low Carb Chatters

Right OOOOOVVVVERRRRR!:trampo:

We've started a new week of LC Chat here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127391

Let's face the Holiday Week/Eating Challenges together!:carrot: