LA Weight Loss - Nov 12- Nov 18 Friends and Losers Thread

zambejaly5
11-12-2007, 08:29 AM
Hey I have never been first! heres to a great week all. Hope you had a good and POP weekend!

Kim0303
11-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Good morning Friends and Losers!!! We need a POP week. AT least I have to have one. I am going to follow the menu I got on Saturday and I better lose weight at least 2 pounds by Saturday or I am going to throw a tantrum in the COD. They will flip out. I will tell them it is meltdown time. I have been in the 180s to LOOOOOONGGGGG!

Have a great POP day everyone!

aguerin
11-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Good Monday Morning All! I unfortunately am not off of work today for the Holiday.

For all the Veterans - Thanks for your Service to Our Country!

Congrats on finishing the trail Amy. That seems like a lot of work, or maybe I am just to lazy.

Note to everyone: When they tell you that you need to have a "test" or "scan" done, ask questions about the procedure. How long will it take. What can I expect. What you do not want to hear is "we will be injecting you with the radio-active dye or something, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Hope everyone has a great day. Thank A veteran for your freedom!

Kim0303
11-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Kim, I saw you picture at the top of the Chimney's. (Saw it under the pumpkin pudding post). I am glad you shared because I know my knees will not allow me to do that trip. It is absolutely beautiful up there! We may have to try to get together and do the easier longer version of Le Cont. I would love to go in the snow but I don't have the right gear. I know you have got to be so proud of yourself!!! That is an awesome hike! The benefit of not having to carry all that extra weight. The things you can now do! Congratulations. Post on here so everyone can see your picture!

Joni135
11-12-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm not off today either, but boy could I use a day to get my house in order! Company (that was here almost two weeks) just left this morning. I am going to clean out all the junk in my fridge and get serious about losing 10 lbs before my December cruise.

Here's to a POP day/week!

Beacon6
11-12-2007, 09:40 AM
I would love to be off today! The worst thing about it is my DBF has it off and I don't! Grrr! I really need to be POP this entire week. I was 6 days POP and I ruined it all by eating like crazy yesterday...I don't know why I did it and now I feel absolutely lousy for it. Now I'm in a terrible mood today because I know that if I hadn't have eat all the bad stuff I did I might have lost weight from all my hard work of 6 days POP. I'm about ready to throw in the towel...I don't know if I can diet alone anymore.

MomOfThreeTeens
11-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Good Monday morning everybody!!! I just read 7 pages on last weeks thread to get caught up. I'm a slacker when I'm not at work! LOL
I gotta get my butt back on track. I do great for a few days in a row but then when I blow it, I blow it big time! Maintenance does not equal eat whateve the heck you want, all day long! LOL I absolutely refuse to gain this weight back! I know part of it is water weight gain from too much sodium...shhh dont tell Dan! Part of it is just acting like food doesnt have any calories, ugh!!!
Soooo heres to a better week!!!!
Kim#3, I'll give you a kick in the tushie if you'll return the favor! LOL Good luck with your new menu this week. I hope for the COD's sake you lose 2 pounds this week!!!:rofl::kickbutt:

Katy66
11-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Good Morning All! Well I managed to stay POP for 5 of the 7 day challenge. The weekends are killing me! And to top that off it is getting close to TOM and I'm feeling like I could eat this dang computer if it had a little salt on it:)

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Got to run and get some work done but I"ll check back in later.

sscott
11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Good morning all! Thank you to all how have bravely served out wonderful country! I hope everyone had a great weekend. My husband and I are both off today and going to enjoy every moment! Way to go all of you POP! I did pretty good last week. I was mostly POP with a few bites of "forbidden" foods ;) Keep up the hard work!

Beacon - Keep your chin high and remember you are not in this alone. We are here to encourage you and listen to your trials. Lean on us, we can take it :D

Have a great start to your week! I am going to go workout for a bit. Yeah for me! I HATE working out, but I am trying to make smarted choices all around. We'll see how it goes!

LizzyW
11-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Well I had a terrible weekend. I was not at all POP, but didn't make to horrible of choices for not being POP. But alas, I have paid for it. Up to 170 today. I really need that swift kick. I have to stay POP this week and get those 4 lbs back off and with TOM coming, I really need to behave. So here's to a POP week.

Thanks to all the veterans for your courage and strength to make our lives safer and better. To my brother who served in Desert Storm man years ago, I love you and thanks for what you have done. You are the greatest.

Liz

Mama Nicole
11-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Hey everyone J

I am back from Wisconsin, and ready to work hard!!!

Amy….when will you find out the results of your scan? I bet this is really scary for you. My thoughts are with you girl!!!!

Dang, Katie…..WTG on your 4 lb loss. I realize this is probably old news, but I just read it this morning. I am so happy you are back J

Laurie…..if you are happy with the way you look and the way your clothes fit…the unwanted numbers are only the tools of the fat girl within. You have beat her, and she just can’t stand it. I say go for stabiliztion…..and do NOT let the stinkin numbers make your success any less sweet!!!

I second Joni’s nomination that Lynn become our new moderator. You know your stuff girl J

SHANNON……so good to see you…..and I am super excited to finally see a picture of you. You are sooo darn cute…..and I am not one bit surprised!!!

Amylou….I must have missed something somewhere, but I have to know……was this your first trial?

Hi to everyone else. I really don’t have time to be playing on here…..just wanted to pop in and say hello and get some of the feel full program notes. I guess I am really going to try it today. I had a pretty POOP weekend. I will check back soon!!!
Nicole
XOXO

Mama Nicole
11-12-2007, 11:43 AM
and liz.....I feel your pain!!! today is a new day. dan.....don't read this part :lol: i bet seeing skinny a$$ dan walking all over your house is tough sometimes. i know when I quit smoking and struggled like crazy........DH had no clue what it was like for me.........he tried.....and he was super understanding and supportive....but sometimes, just looking at his stupid face made me mad, cuz he quit one day, and it was like he never had smoked........he made it look so easy. hang in there girl. you are so much healthier today than you were before you started LAWL. you can do it :cheer:
XOXO

Beacon6
11-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks sscott I really really appreciate it!! You are a great motivator, I am going right to the gym after work today!

LizzyW- I completely know how you feel, I was terrible this weekend! I gained back the 3 pounds I worked so hard to lose...plus 2 more!! We can definitely do a POP week!! Here's to you and me staying POP!!

BarbaraB
11-12-2007, 12:44 PM
I also failed to do the POP weekend. Oh well, I did manage 5 POP days, so that is something. I need to string a few more of those together.

I did finish my 50 mile walking challenge! Now that I finished that I think I will stop running or walking for awhile as the foot that I had the stress fracture in a couple of years ago is hurting in that same spot, and that is the last thing I need. So I'll stick to the spin cycling class and the elliptical trainer for awhile. All low impact for old and tired bones.

Anyway, I'm going to have a few POP days here in a row!

healthy2b
11-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Well, we must all be in the same boat...had an awful weekend also as far as being POP goes. I hate the weekends!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Here's to a POP week everybody!

myboysnme2
11-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Chalk another one up for a BAD weekend! I have been doing soooo good with my stabilization and then BAM! Went to party Friday night and haven't stopped! I have realized that when I drink (adult beverages) I completely lose control as far as the eating goes.

I think I have my foot firmly planted on the brake now...I was up 4 lbs!

NOT changing my ticker! I will get back on track!

KimS

Dan2112
11-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Morning gang...

I'm off today and spent the morning making a huge batch of the LAWL New England style clam chowder.. It's for a soup sale at the office tomorrow.. The last time I made it, no one had any clue it was virtually fat free and very low in sodium..

Liz didn't relate why she had a bad weekend.. She went down to Roswell (yes, where the aliens supposedly landed) and spent some time with her parents. Her dad is needing some knee surgery so Liz helped out around the house and yard.. Her mom has been sick lately too... I stayed home with DD while DS went with her. Liz was very understanding about me still recovering from being sick last week and being a bit road weary from my time away.

So while she may not have been POP, she was still very active... Me, on the other hand.. Well, I took DD to the movies yesterday and you know what that means.. POPCORN!!! Sorry.. I couldn't help it...

That said, I'm bound and determined to stay POP this week.. I've been letting things slip lately and as we head into the holidays, that's not where I want to be.. I'm still maintaining weight around 190, but I don't want to lose it...

Have a POP day, all and a great week too!

Mama Nicole
11-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Hey Dan..........thanks for not taking offense to my man bashing earlier :)

emmysmom
11-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Bad weekend here, too! But POP so far today. I'm gonna stick with once/week WI's for a while...Wednesdays. We'll see how that goes.

Amy - you are soooo right about hitting goal. I am stuck with 10 pounds to go. But you know, if I lowered my goal to 120, I would feel like I would have to hit it and that would just be bad.

I've been lurking alot lately and there was so much to catch up on. My memory isn't good enough to do personals. I did love that e-mail you posted, Karen...it was very sweet.

Hope you're hanging in there, Joni!

LizzyW
11-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks all for the encouragement. You are right. WE can do this. So far POP today and I plan on it staying that way.

aguerin
11-12-2007, 03:07 PM
O.K. I Blew it Saturday. Wasn't POP on Friday due to the scan and then Saturday we had a work day at our church and I totally didn't go prepared. They cooked out Hamburgers, Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Slaw you get the drill. So I was Off Plan on Saturday and up 3 lbs today to show for it.

Keep gaining and losing the same 3 lbs. Some how I have got to stop the insanity. Any suggestions? TO. Naw, will just put it back on. Maybe this is where I am meant to be. :(

Beacon6
11-12-2007, 03:13 PM
I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate reading all of your post! I know I've only been here a week and a half but I've already learned so much from all of you! You truly are great people!! Here's to POP all week (including the weekend YIKES!!)

slim n trim
11-12-2007, 04:29 PM
okay you guys - you had a not so pop weekend! You are still doing great!!! You are still good people, and you can still do this. Don't beat yourself up over it! :kickbutt: You can get it back on track.

I am proud to report that I did have a pop weekend, and the scale was kind to me this morning - down 1 lb. Been a long time since i have seen it go down - so I am pretty happy about that. :carrot:

anyway, just thought i would do a quick check in, and say hello, and try to cheer up all you weekend cheaters. (usually I am one of them)

Catch you all later,

Dan2112
11-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Well, the soup's all done and it came out pretty good... And what do you know, the kitchen's even been cleaned up...

Glad you're finding the information you need here Beacon.. Keep posting!

Nicole - No worries about the bashing.. I have pretty thick skin.. I also know it might be hard for Liz sometimes, but I don't parade around my weightloss. In fact, I keep pretty low key about it, as I know it might hurt her feelings.. The best thing I can do is continue to try and support her the best I can and lead by example (which I'm not always good at doing)....

bayoubelle68
11-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Rain, rain, go away! First I got rained out of the portrait session I was supposed to shoot yesterday and then it rained all day today - meaning that I was trapped inside with my class ALL DAY. For recess, we played 7Up. It was fun for the kids, but MAN! I am ready to blow this joint and head home! Unfortunately, DS and I have to head to WalMart for groceries. We are basically out of everything and that means that DH and I will resort to eating junk or, in my case, I end up not eating much at all - which is just as bad.

I am SO ready for Friday! We have parent-teacher conferences until 9:30 on Thursday night and then we'll be out on Friday and all next week for Thanksgiving! Woo hoo!! I can't wait to have a few of those lazy days where I sleep as late as the kids will let me (usually 7:00!) and then spend the day in my pajamas!! Ahhhhh!!!!

bayoubelle68
11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Dan - my DH is going to hit goal WAY before me. His goal is higher, of course, and he's already lost nearly 80 pounds. But I know he'll be supportive while I continue my quest! He always is!

amy2liz30
11-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Well guess what I am back. I have run out of weight loss weeks. but ya know that doesn't bother me. The center is over 50 miles from where I work since I got transferred and 40 miles away from where I live. When I am in town I pick up the bulk lites I have left but that is all. Marathon training is going well. I am up to 19 miles on the weekends. 5 tonight. Already have walked 2 while on morning and afternoon breaks. So, daily total is 7. I still have a bunch of fundraising to do. I have about 1300 left to reach the goal.

Kimphin
11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Hi all - mark me down for a non-POP weekend too. We went to NYC for the day yesterday. I won't go into details, but.... not good. I did walk quite a bit, but we gave in and took the subway a bunch too, trying to bring friends around to see as much as possible. Oh well, I'll be running around like crazy this week, my last week of freedom before I start the new gig next Monday. Hopefully it will counterbalance the bad!

amylou7777
11-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone!

I had a half POP half non POP weekend. It's so hard when you are at someone else's house (bunco fri night) but I did the best I could considering I was starving!!
Since I have been so busy the past two weeks we had NO food in the house. Dbf and I spent all saturday shopping and getting stocked up so that doesn't happen again.

Nicole-welcome home! How was your trip? I didn't have an actual trial, it was a mock trial for school but it was my final for my trial advocacy class. Real jurors, real judge, witnesses playing roles. It was so much work but a lot of fun in the end!

Amy-keep us posted!

For all the non POPers-let's go for a POP week! you know you can do 5 days in a row no matter what the weekend has in store!

Ok-off to make a nice POP dinner!

BarbaraB
11-12-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm back to POP today... and really won't let myself have the first chip at the mexican restaurant next time. Why is it if I have NONE I'm just fine, but eat one, and bam... I can't seem to stop eating them? Oh well.. time to forgive and forget...

Amy2Liz30, 19 miles... wow... 1300 miles? Oh my gosh, that is soooooo far. Good luck with it! You don't need weight loss weeks to continue on the journey.

amylou7777
11-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Barbara-I'm the same way with the tortilla chips! I literally have to give up mexican food bc it's just so irrestistable.

Changed my av for a change. It was actually taken 10lbs ago but I still kinda like it for a change.

Note: for anyone who doesn't have a headshot as an avatar-it is VERY hard to remember who is who when you don't have a pic. Even when it is an icon it's so hard to disntinguish everyone. Somehow seeing your face makes it easier to remember to say hi to you!
Note2: Felicia-I KNOW you look different now-and I KNOW you have plenty of access to a camera...hint hint ;)

Feels good to be POP! My new goal until Tday is to limit my carb intake so that 2 of my 3 carbs are either wasa crackers or fiber one (low cal, high fiber) and then I can chose the third one. I think this will speed up my w/l
really want to get to 239!

Night everyone!

Where is Miss Emily? And Kimberly R? Liza? DebMT?????

sscott
11-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Barbara - Maybe you can help me out. We are going out to dinner tomorrow night for my moms b-day and she wants to go to a mexican restraunt. What can I eat there? I am still haven't the hardest time knowing what to eat when I don't actually cook it. Any help would be very appreciated! Thanks!

Dan2112
11-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Stacy.. Mexican is TOUGH! Liz and I used to eat it all the time, and frankly, the results were as you could imagine...

On the infrequent times we do Mexican now, we usually go for the taco salad. Yes, it comes in a deep fried "bowl", but if you can maintain some self control, you should be fine. One of the places here will even do the dish without the fried shell.

Ask if you can substitute chicken for the usual beef. Ask for them to leave off the guacamole and sour cream (I know, the good stuff)... Get some salsa on the side or even some ranch and use sparingly...

If you end up with something else, ask for them to leave the beans and rice off the plate, or even substitute them for some salad greens. If you stay off the starches for your other meals, you could probably get by just fine with a couple of tacos..

Good luck!

Joni135
11-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Dan - is that soup recipe in the LAWL cookbook? I have to make a meal for a friend that needs low sodium, and this might be right up his alley!

Welcome home Nicole....I saw that pretzel recipe above...YUMMO!

Amy - love your new avatar.

Felicia - send rain to Georgia!!

Here are some Mexican restaurant tips I had saved: Healthy Mexican, Amigos!
Make smart choices. Whenever possible, order items à la carte. If you do order an entrée that comes with rice and beans, ask your server to hold the rice and serve you only the beans (if they're not refried).
Here are a few mouthwatering yet healthy Mexican menu suggestions:
• Chicken, beef, or shrimp fajitas, with black beans or salad on the side instead of rice
• Carne asada — steak with onions and peppers
• Shrimp diablo — this dish is grilled with garlic butter, so ask them to go easy on that
• Grilled fish tacos, with one corn tortilla rather than two
• Taco and tostada salads with chicken, beef, or shrimp for protein — don't eat the taco bowl

Geez - where did the day go...gotta go to bed.

bayoubelle68
11-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Amy - Your new avatar looks GREAT! I'm not seeing big changes in me yet - although three different people approached me at school today to tell me that I looked great and to ask what I'm doing. I promise I will post a new pic when I hit the 50-pound mark. That's when I get to reward myself with a haircut, so I will definitely look different. Right now, my thick, thick hair is long and unruly. I'm planning to get it all chopped off when I hit my mini-goal!!

hdsqrl
11-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Well hey everyone! It's been foreverrrr since I've been here...hope everyone is doing well! I've got 30-ish pounds still to go...the same 30-ish pounds I've been trying to lose since July, bleh, but I guess the good part is, I'm practicing maintenance, hah. I'm struggling with a do-good-during-the-week and then blow-it-on-the-weekends kind of pattern, and have been since summer.

*sigh*

But I've not given up, and will be heading into the COD tomorrow to grab a new (clean) journal and see how many pounds from the weekend are still around.

Anyway, just wanted to pop my head up and say hi and to let you know I'm still plugging away! :)

Kimphin
11-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Hi Megan!!! Good for you - heading back to the COD. While I've been getting back on plan, I have not yet made that step!

Amy - the new picture is great! You are so right about having a face shot to remember people better.

OK, bedtime!

equinetcan
11-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Good Morning!

Well woke up to snow this morning. We have had flurries a couple of times but this time about 2" fell overnight. Just enough to be yucky. I am off work today but back at it again for the rest of the week. I have Chancey all week so it has been nice having her here all the time. She loves the snow but she has a big coat of fur and doesn't even feel the chill in the air.

Busy as ever at work but I am not doing any more overtime this week until at least saturday. I worked some on sunday and monday so that's enough for this week. I am trying to do some every week but not like I was before because I just get too tired. So I try to do some for a few days and then lay off for a few days to keep it on an even keel as much as I can.

Today I am taking it kinda easy. Doing some housework and if the snow doesn't start melting I'll go out and clean the car off and the end of the driveway as they plowed my road this morning.

Everyone have a good day!!

zambejaly5
11-13-2007, 08:44 AM
ok......... today I will be POP! I started exercising on sunday. got to keep that up too. and the water....... and the vitamins..... yikes these bodies are high maintenence!!!!

Good to see you Megan!!!

our leaves are all brown now..... no more pretty leaves.

My house is a mess!!!! I have to clean it today. I was on the compter all day yesterday moving pictures around and saving them........ so today is a non-computer day! then tonight when I have been POP and non-computer-y. .... I will reward myself with some 'puter surfin'.

later guys.....

Jrny2aNewMe
11-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Stacy – I’m sure the news is not what you hoped and prayed for, but at least you are getting help early.
Lefse – yummy, I haven’t had that in years! The town I grew up in had quite a few Norwegians and somebody always brought lefse to one of the community dinners, but I haven’t had any probably since I left home. I did break down a couple of years ago, though and bought myself a krumkakke iron and made some of that, something else I hadn’t had since I left home.

Here’s a kick in the a$$ to all of us who need it, and I include myself in that category. I need to be POP, not just my version of OP as for some reason I just can’t seem to want to get past the urge to eat this last couple of weeks.

Liz – Hope your parents are doing ok.

Here’s to a POP day all!

zambejaly5
11-13-2007, 09:37 AM
mmmmm Liz krumkakke ( or Krum Kaka, or Krum Kager) !!!! I loved it when my mom made krum kaka!!! I have been looking for a krum kaka iron and haven't wanted to spend the $$ on it yet. haven't found one cheep. Lefse Irons are also very expensive. I also loved it when my mom would make rosettes. I have a rosette iron. but kurm kaka!!! mmmmmmmmm

Katy66
11-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Good Morning all! You were a chatty bunch yesterday, I just can't keep up:) So much going on at work I don't have a lot of time for posting but need to make the time!

Well my bad weekend continued into a bad Monday, not horrible mind you but not POP either. So far so good today and I'm going to make it POP!

AmyLou - love the new avatar

Felicia - I still don't see a difference in myself but everyone else does and the new clothes sizes prove it. Get us a new picture out there.

Liz - well wishes for your parents. Taking care of aging parents AND children can be stressful so don't forget to take care of yourself as well!

Lettie - Okay, looks like neither of us are off to a very good start. Here is a big ol' kick in the behind to get us going:)

A big hello to everyone else out there that I've missed.

Oh and I'll second or "third" Lynn's nomination as the new moderator. Lynn, your posts are always very helpful and informative!

zambejaly5
11-13-2007, 09:59 AM
thanks Katy I needed that........... notice how I said I was going to clean house today........ and here I am!!! I guess I need two kicks!!!!

but so far so good...... woke up POP!!!! because I hadn't put anything in my mouth yet!! but now it is after lunch and I am still POP! plus I have exercised! now...... to that water!!!!!

zambejaly5
11-13-2007, 10:00 AM
......... and by the way..........all this talk of norwegian goodies is not helping!!

Katy66
11-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Tell me about it and my family keeps emailing me to plan Thanksgiving dinner..... I really don't want to talk about food right now:)

You go clean now and I'll try to get some work done:)

aguerin
11-13-2007, 10:03 AM
AmyLou - Your new pic looks like Tricia Yearwood. Looks like we have a lot of country music stars in here.

Welcome Back Megan. Try not to be gone so long next time.

Can you believe that NEXT Week is Thanksgiving? I have got to start plannig what I am going to fix and how I am going to make it OP.

Dan2112
11-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Ooof.. Don't remind me... Thanksgiving is always tough, but we should be ok this year.. We'll have the traditional day at my mom's, and she know enough to make sure there are plenty of OP things for us to eat...

Then we head to Roswell for the weekend with Liz's folks.. Her dad's been dieting too, so the usual bad stuff won't be there.. We made out pretty well last year.. Weird to think that a year ago at this time, we were both just getting into the swing of the diet thing and obsessed about every extra morsel we ate..

Have a great day all!

Beacon6
11-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi All!
It's rainy and yucky here in Boston...but suprisingly it hasn't brought down my mood. Probably because I keep a calendar on my desk and cross off the days till I get to go home and see my family! 8 days!! and 9 days before Thanksgiving!! Which means 8 solid days of POP if I want to be able to enjoy thanksgiving!! After Thanksgiving I've got to buckle down for 4 weeks to meet my goal! Yikes only 4 weeks! I can do it though...at least try my best! Have a great POP day all!

LizzyW
11-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Well I am proud to say I was totally POP yesterday. I am so proud of myself. I am also back down to 168.4 this morning. I am going to continue to stay POP for as long as I can. This rollercoaster routine is getting old.

Thanks for the warm thoughts for my parents. It just seems one thing after another.

I guess I had better get some work done today. I will do personals later.

Liz

Mama Nicole
11-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Hi all :) No time to play right now......but wanted to say hello. It is funny you mentioned MTDebster, Amylou......I just PM'd her yesterday to see how she is doing. I haven't heard anything yet....but if I do, I will let you know. You are looking fab in your new avatar :) Oh, and Lettie......I love your new one too........makes me feel like you are here having coffee with me :) Beacon.......love your new pic too :) What is your first name, by the way? Everytime I read your screen name, all I can think of is bacon!!! :lol: Oh, I also checked out JM's adoption blog yesterday (can you tell I was missing our old buddies?), and she has some more recent stuff on there. She seems sooo happy :) Ok, must get this party started. I think I am going to do some drywall mudding today. I know, I really know how to live :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
11-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Hey Katie..........where are you? I just wanted to let you know that I have not been POP, but I have really been trying :) How have you been doing?

Dan2112
11-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Oh.. Joni... The soup recipe is the one from the LAWL cookbook.. It's also in our recipe list here on the website...

Despite my best efforts (even throwing in a little arrowroot), It doesn't get very thick... But it's still really tasty... Just remember to not use too much salt...

smjezzy
11-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Wow - you miss a couple days and you have PAGES to catch up on. You guys are busy!

Joni - Terribly sorry to hear about your pal. I still mourn Bud who went over 10 years ago. He really was like my first born!

Dan - Not quite at a full gallop but I'll get there! Thanks

Nicole - Thanks but I do hate pictures and I fell like a big hunk in that one. I just can't understand where the person I was went, I'm sure she must be under there somewhere but I don't see her! One lb at a time right?

Thanks for all the welcome backs and encouragement. It's day 2 of TO in conjunction with Aunt Flo. I lost 4 lbs the first day. Can you say water weight? We'll see what falls off today. I'd forgotten how difficult TO can be: I'm starving! We are doing Thanksgiving this weekend at my mother's so this will be a good start. Crossing my fingers that I don't gain it all back tomorrow when I get back on real food.

COD moved me back up to the red/plan 3 that I always had so much trouble with. (Getting all the food in) I am going to put back in the Zone snack bars so I won't feel like cheating. I really would have preferred to stay on plan 2 with the bars so I might talk to her about that tomorrow when I go in. I refused to weigh in when I went in Friday because I knew I'd gained 7 lbs since my last visit. What a waste of effort! The bad thing is it wasn't 7 lbs of good stuff like donuts or cake or cookies. It was fast food, the true satan of nutrician.

amylou7777
11-13-2007, 11:46 AM
wow Amy, Tricia Yearwood? That is a first! I absolutely love her so that is a nice compliment to wake up to, thanks!

Felicia-I remember you telling me that plan before-sorry for pestering you! I just can't wait to see the transformation! A new haircut will feel so good! I'm ready to hit the 50lb mark myself...

Speaking of which, my homescale showed me lower than I've ever been-but of course my sketchy COD is not open on tues/thurs (the only free mornings I have) so I can't get an official score. But usually once I get dressed and with the difference in scales it's about 1-2lb difference which still puts me 1lb lower! going to see if it sticks before I change the ticker...but boy am I ready!

Nicole-you know you can be POP up to turkey day! It's not that far away!! I'm glad you PMd Deb. She was a huge part of why I joined LAWL. I saw her pics and her posts and knew I had to do it! I hope she knows we miss her!

Welcome back Megan!!!

We all know that we are going to have issues with all of the food on Thursday-but working hard up to that day may motivate us not to give up and let go-and even if we do go overboard, we've earned it in a sense.

Lettie-I love your cafe shot! Nicole is right-feels like we're chatting over coffee!

Ok-time for some reading!

Kimberley-I know you are out there!
Emily?

amylou7777
11-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Hi Shannon! You can do it!

Lynx
11-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Hello all, it is Tuesday already,
Thank you Joni, Nicole and Katy66 for thinking of me for moderator, but it is not for me. I hope you understand, but I just can't do it.

There have to be some volunteers out there.

week 45
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 55 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

emmysmom
11-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi Megan :wave: It's good to see you again!

I am so tired today and I don't know why...I just want to go home and take a nap.

Mama Nicole
11-13-2007, 12:04 PM
No problem, Lynn. It is a big time commitment, so I completely understand :) If you change your mind.........:lol:.......

lizababe
11-13-2007, 12:51 PM
I really need to get back on track and checking in with everyone every day. It's showing on my sclae that I'm not as on plan as I used to be. Darnit.

Amy - you look fantastic!

There are more personals to catch up on but once again I'm in a rush to do something else. The nerve of my job adding more work to keep me from my 3fatchicks! I'm going to check out some of the challenges and join up so I can get back into the swing of things. Well, things on me swing that shouldn't... you know what I mean.

Hi to everyone!

zambejaly5
11-13-2007, 01:11 PM
thanks Amy and Nicole...... when I changed the avatar I tried to type into the hobbies line "grab a cup of Joe, Let's chat" so it would say that under the picture, but for some reason it didn't apply it... oh well. so Yes, that was the feel I was going for. the picture is actually from about 2 1/2 years ago. My DH and I went out to the Philly area (without kids!) to check out a job and the area. this was a picture we sent the kids from my cell phone so they could see what dad and I were up to.

Nicole, I checked on JM's blog last week too. I was surprised to see the updated pics. it was nice. Josie is getting so big!

ok....... I wasn't going to be on here!!!! remember!
the only thing I have accomplished was to clean out my spices cabinet. I am tired of just rebuying spices because I am too lazy to dig through the mess to see if I have any. So I found many that I have 2 and 3 of, grrrr. good news is I think I have all the "thanksgiving" ones. you know for pie, stuffing, gravy... mmmmmmmm can't wait! I think we are going to really do the thanksgiving thing up traditional and great since we will be in Florida at a timeshare for christmas and will either be at a Theme Park or the ocean on christmas day.

ok. back to work.

emmysmom
11-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Check out this recipe...I think it sounds soooo yummy!

Recipe Name: Kentucky Bourbon Sweet Potato Casserole

Ingredients:
3 1/2 lbs raw sweet potatoes, baked and peeled, then chopped or mashed
1/3 cup good-quality bourbon
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend for Baking®
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Morton Lite Salt
1/2 cup pecan halves
1 tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend for Baking®

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix potatoes, bourbon, 1/4 cup brown sugar blend, vanilla and salt. Spoon into a 13-by-9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Combine remaining brown sugar, pecans and butter; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over potatoes.
Bake 25 minutes or until top is browned.

Makes: 12 servings

Serving size: about ¾ cup

Pure Exchange: 1 Fruit, 1 Starch, 1 Fat

MomOfThreeTeens
11-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I put a new picture of my son and new DIL in my profile, just my opinion but its one of the sweetest things I've ever seen :-)

emmysmom
11-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Oh, it is Kim...so beautiful!

sscott
11-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone! I just thought I would check in quickly today. It has been such a stressful day. I am not even sure why I am having such a hard day, but I am. So far today I am POP! Yeah! I am finding that the "little bites" here and there are really adding up. My husband is doing this with me and everytime he steps on the scale he loses a pound or more. He has already lost over 20 pounds. I am happy for him, but oh so jealous. I know he is a guys so that makes it easier and he had more to lose, but still it is maddening!

Like I said, tonight we are going to celebrate my moms birthday at the mexican restraunt. After your guys suggestions I decided to eat at home and just enjoy the company. I would like to eat birthday cake, but I can't remember what I need to save to be able to enjoy it. Do any of you remember? Thanks and talk with you soon!

aguerin
11-13-2007, 02:20 PM
O.K. I guess I need to do a TO before the big T-Day. I have to get some discipline in my body, plus I want to get below that 142. I keep bouncing between 142 & 145. Got to get some weekend control, Right?

Aw, Lynn are you sure, you have my vote- You are probably putting inthe time moderating already and providing good advice anyway!

Good to see you Liza and all the others who have not been around as much lately (Tina).

I guess with all the new pics, I need to post a new one. The hair has gotten longer. Actually had the check in guy at the airport tell me my hair looked much better now than in my drivers license (it was short because of the chemo and no hair the prevous months). I thought "did he really just say that to me?"

Nice pic Kim.

sscott - Birthday cake is 2 Starches 1 Fat

BarbaraB
11-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Stacy, I normally get a tostada or some of the burritos can be fine on plan, if I reserve enough exchanges. You are going to use your fat almost with anything. Some places have nice charbroiled chicken. The restaurant that my DH likes has a tostada that is just on a single corn tortilla and not one of those big fried bowls and they serve serveral vegetarian dishes that are full of actual veggies, to make them more on plan. Shrimp diablo or chicken diablo are not a bad choice. You just need to look at the whole menu and see what is on plan. Even if it is just the standard stuff, generally there is a taco salad or tostada.

The restaurants that I have the most trouble with are Chinese! I have a hard time behaving in a chinese restaurant and the salt!

equinetcan
11-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Well, as of tomorrow I am POP if it kills me. I know I've said this before, as have a lot of others, but I am recommitting myself to this plan. I am going back to the red no lites because plan 5 that COD had me on just before my weeks ran out was just too much food for me and the red worked out much better for me. So today I took a garbage bag and cleaned all the bad stuff out of my fridge so I would not be as tempted and I also dug out the book/binder I got when I joined COD. I've read it all before but I figure its a good reminder to get me going again. Tonight I am sitting down and trying to plan out the next few days meals so after work tomorrow I can make a stop at the store and get what I need.

This time I have to do this on my own but with you guys it should be a lot easier. I know its no excuse but with the moving and getting unpacked and settled in the house everything just kinda got thrown to the wayside and I got lost in the shuffle. Well its time to make me priority again. I am also doing some toning exercises today and printing out a few of the recipes on here to try, especially on the weekend.

Tomorrow it will be me on here saying I was POP for the day!!

Dan2112
11-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Hey gang.. Well, the soup sale went well.. We had 7 different kind of soups and made more than $300.00...

My chowder was a slow seller at first.. It's hard to compete against New Mexico favorites like green and red chile stews... But once those ran out, the chowder started selling!

As for moderator.. Hmmmm.... How about Nicole.. She doesn't have enough to do!! :lol:

BarbaraB
11-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Alannah, You can do it! You know your body the best. You know how much food is too much food.

I managed to be POP yesterday and so far today. I'm determined to stick with the Gold plan through Thursday. Then a day off for my wedding anniversary and then I think I will switch to plan 2. Since I know when it is too little food too, and it is... I can do it for awhile.. but not for long.

From my calculations (based on a bit unreliable body fat % on the scale at home), I've gained 4 pounds of muscle over the last couple of months, which totally explains why I've not been able to lose and how I seem to be shrinking just a bit. I was just trying to get the scale to go DOWN, and it hasn't... oh well.. Someone told me today that I look like I'm continuing to lose.. that is nice.

BarbaraB
11-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I put a before and after face shot in my profile. I can sure see a difference.

amylou7777
11-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Wow-huge difference Barbara! I bet that makes you feel good! Congrats on all of your muscle gain!

Dan- a soup sale is a great idea! I could go for some chowder myself! It's freezing in the classrooms today!

Tina- your sweet potato pie sounds DELISH! Perfect fall treat. I may print that out and make that at thanksigiving....not sure if I could limit to 3/4 cup though!

Lynn- I think you would be an excellent moderator! I'm not clear as to what "work" is involved-but definitely give it a second thoguth. I also think that Dan or Nicole or Tina or Joni or anyone else who is always here for all of us would be great! I'm so bummed that we haven't heard from Casi-I hope everything is ok with her!

slim n trim
11-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi all,

just a quick check in - helping myself to stay pop.
Love the pic of your son and dil Kim - I love the black and whites.

Barbara - wow - what a difference.

Amy - your new pic is great to.
Lettie - your pic makes me want to grab a coffee and sit down and chat.

Dixie Chick - hard to know how to take a comment like that, I guess you just take it as a compliment, and not give it any more thought.

Anyway, I only have a few minutes here. Need to get some supper then I curl tonight, so heading out the door here in about an hour and a half, then coming home to see who gets the boot on DWTS. My vote for the boot is Marie Osmond. Guess we will see later.

Hope everyone has a great night.

JLem311
11-13-2007, 07:00 PM
hey everyone. just checking in for the night. i've been in SD with the kids since friday afternoon. it's been great. we had jag's 2yr bday party on saturday and i made a huge lightning mcqueen cake for him (pic in my profile) since he's obsessed with that movie--so that was the theme for his party. he had a blast. :)

but yesterday i started getting a sore throat and it got worse overnight, to the point where i couldn't sleep, so i ended up having to go to the dr this morning and i have strep throat. :( i don't know how i got it since the kids don't have it (yet.) and now i'm completely miserable and haven't been able to eat much of anything today except for some soup. hopefully the kids don't get it, but knowing my luck they will. :( jag had it about a month ago and it was torture on him. he cried for 5 days straight, poor guy. so i'm trying to stay far away from them, which is extremely hard for me since i'm only here til friday.

so, yeah. that's about it for me right now. hope everyone is having a good week so far.

amylou7777
11-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Kim-love the b&w wedding shot! What a great moment captured.

Liza- so good to see you are still around! thanks for the compliment! I think ever since the fires you have had trouble finding your rythym. Coming on here to check in at least makes it so you are thinking about being back on track! Hope everything is ok at work.

Hi Karen! Is curling like lifting weights? I haven't been keeping up with DWTS but I vote for Marie or Jane (is she still on)? I want Jennie to win it but that's only bc I'm an old 90210 fan! I'll have to TIVO it tonight so I can see who gets booted.

Anyone watching TBL? Or my absolute favoritest reality tv show in the world-the real housewives of orange county? lol-can't believe I admitted that but it is my fav.

So far POP today and it feels good. I'm wearing a pair of jeans that I was not able to get buttoned last month. My mom gave them to me-they are new so it's nice to know I've lost something since last month!

Amy-would love to see a new pic! People are so funny (airport guy)-I hope you took it as a compliment!

slim n trim
11-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Hi Amy, Jane went last week. I like Jenny as well, but my favourite is Hulio - the race car driver.
Curling is nothing at all like lifting weights. I forget that a lot of people from the States don't know much about curling. Curling is done on ice. There are four people on a team. And you throw rocks up and down a sheet of ice to what is called the house. There are two sweepers. There is a lot of strategy involved. A game lasts about 2 hours. I am the skip, which means that I am the one that calls the game, and has to throw the last rocks. Curling is very popular in Canada, and it is an olympic sport. You probably saw some curling if you watched any of the olympics on tv.

anyway, gotta go.

BarbaraB
11-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Wow Karen, I've seen curling on the Olympics but never known anyone who actually did it. Very interesting.

I did come find some old pictures and was just SHOCKED at how bad I looked with the extra weight. Not that I'm some great beauty now, but gee whiz, how did I not notice those extra chins? It counteracts those subtle voices that come around and suggest that there hasn't really been that much difference so I should really eat whatever I want. Sometimes bad food calls to me... Burger King should just be fined for the smell that they put out... The way to the gym you get stuck at the longest light just in front of the burger king, sometimes it smells just too good.

Amy, Ooh I had forgotten it was TBL tonight. You do look like Trisha in that photo. Sometimes when I haven't lost as much, is when I've done some shrinking... your body is probably working really hard at pulling it all back in. Do you have any big exams coming up, or are you going to get a nice break for Thanksgiving? I've seen the real housewives of Orange county, and watching it makes me feel so normal and well grounded.

Mama Nicole
11-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Kim #2.........your DIL and son are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. :)

I must see an episode of the orange country housewives or whatever it is called. If it makes one feel sane and normal, I could certainly use a dose of that every now and then :)

Must go catch up on all of my TV. My network friends get lonely for me when I spend too much time on here :)
XOXO

Joni135
11-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Oh Jillian - I love the cake you made...you are so talented!
Hope you feel better soon; stinks to be on vacation with strep! Take your meds and sleep!!

All this talk of Amy looking like Trisha Yearwood made me put a picture of Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks in my profile. My sister is in the middle (she's the 101 lb boitch); this picture was taken a few months ago; Garth's pants are a tad tight if you ask me!

amylou7777
11-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Nicole, Joni you girls are cracking me up!!
Network friends? 101 lb biotch? :rofl:

Joni-how on earth was your 101lb sister able to meet Garth and Tricia??? I have grown up loving both of them--how fun! Garth's pants do look snug-but don't they always? I love them both bc they both battle their weight. It seems like you never know if they each will look skinny or fat from year to year. Seems like since they've gotten married Trisha has looked pretty svelte! I'd love to look like her--curvy but not flabby.

Karen-wow-I think I have seen curling on the Olympics but I never knew exactly how you played. Sounds like FUN! Thanks for filling me in!

I just got done watching OC housewives--it's so entertaining to me bc I went to college with many people from throughout the OC area and met a lot of their families etc who lived just like that. It's a crazy lifestyle-one that looks like great fun on the outside but knowing what I know now-I'm glad I have my normal little life!

TBL and DWTS is being tivod so I can fast forward through it to get to the good parts!

Barbara- I am taking it easy this week before the finals crunch gets going. My trial took it out of me so I'm recouping. Finals start right after tgiving-so it's always a quick holiday break before I get back to it!

Good night everyone!

slim n trim
11-14-2007, 12:18 AM
hey guys, home from curling - just thought I would check in quick and see what happening. I have curled since I was in school - so probably like 30 yrs. My mom curled, and we spent a lot of time in the rinks as kids. A lot of other kids did to - they used to call us rink rats. My son curls and he started when he was 8 years old. Its a great sport - a lot of fun, and surprising how much excersise it is. Well, not so much for me - because the Skip doesn't do a lot of sweeping, but still its better than sitting at home on my butt.

However, now I am off to see the results of DWTS.

Good Night all, talk to you tomorrow.

bayoubelle68
11-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Two more days!! That's my mantra today. Just two more days of school before Thanksgiving break!!! We are all tired. The kids don't want to learn. I don't really feel much like teaching. We're doing a lot of themed work this week. Math sheets about telling time called "Turkey Time!" and reading comprehension about the Pilgrims.

Tomorrow, we're making Edible Cornucopias. Each child will bring 1 cup of some mini snack (marshmallows, little cookies, M&Ms, Skittles, chocolate chips, Teddy Grahams, Goldfish, etc). I'm taking a giant bowl and will call each child up one at a time. As he adds his ingredient, he will tell something he's thankful for. We have a "thanking" song that we'll sing while I stir it all together and then I will scoop up a serving of our "Thankful Trail Mix" into waffle cones for the kids to enjoy muching on. It's always a big hit and I never know what's going to go into the mix. So far, an awful lot of kids have brought marshmallows!! I bought a few salty ingredients yesterday to add - actually I bought those so that the kids whose parents won't send anything can still participate, but at least that means everything won't be sweet!! The kids never really care what's in it. They all just love doing a fun activity!

I was printing a big project for DS's class last night. His wonderful teacher had each child write what Fall looks like, smells like, sounds like, tastes like, and feels like. She was showing me the book she had made of their responses and I asked her to let me bring it home and print it for her. I have a printing business. Why not use it?? So I brought it home, prettied it up with cute clip art and started printing it last night. Of course, halfway through the printing, my printer ran out of magenta toner!! It was after 11, so I couldn't run to Office Depot. So I'm taking a couple of copies - she wanted parents to see them at conferences tomorrow night - and will print the kids' copies tonight after I get a new toner cartridge. I binding them for her so they will look nice.

My conference with her about DS was yesterday afternoon. I was proud to hear that he's doing so well. He's reading well above average level and she says he's doing great. Aside from a few minor behavior things that she termed, "typical first grade boy stuff," he's a great student. That's always great for a teacher to hear. The last thing I wanted was to hear my friend and co-worker tell me that my son is horrible in class. She said a dozen times how silly she felt to meet with me since we talk EVERY day about Christopher! His classroom is just two doors down from mine, so poor thing can't get away with much. His class was next to mine in PreK and down the hall in kindergarten. This year, he moved into a new building, but the principal moved me, too, so we're still on the same hall. Next year, I'm going to request a teacher whose room is in a different building just so he can get away from me and feel a little more independant. I love getting hugs in the hall, but I'll bet he feels like I'm looking over his shoulder all the time!

Okay, I've written my novel for the day! Have a great day, everyone!

Mama Nicole
11-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Good morning all. I am in a pickle :lol: I am trying to decide if I want to do FF today or keep being a naughty girl. I won't go into it, I just havne't been very good lately. I made some things last night, (trying not to tempt the disciplined) and I don't konw if I can resist them.......AND, I can't just throw them in the trash, as it wouldn't be fair to the kids........oh, decisions, decisions...........

Mama Nicole
11-14-2007, 09:45 AM
sscott - Birthday cake is 2 Starches 1 Fat

Really? Is that in the maintainance book? I really need to get my act together.......I hate it when my pants are tight!!!!!

When will you get the results of your scan? I bet this has been a long few days for you. :hug:
XOXO

emmysmom
11-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Karen - Curling sounds like fun...good for you! I did see that on the Olympics...before that, I had never heard of it.

Amy - I am so hooked on TBL! It's my motivation and thank God for DVR or else with a 3 yo, I would never get to watch it. I have watched the housewives...I'm actually a reality TV junkie:)

Jillian - hope you feel better and that your kids don't get strep. Excellent job on the cake!

emmysmom
11-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Nicole - do you really expect anyone here to tell you that you should keep being a naughty girl?! You need to suffer like the rest of us! Just kidding...but really, get back on track. And, you know, I've decided that 2 days of FF is just too much for me and then I gain it back anyway. So when I do a FF to get myself back on track, I just do it for one day. And the cake is actually in the free to live cards (I think that's what they're called), so you can count that now and not have to wait until maintenance! Don't go too crazy, you can't have the cake every day :)

Joni135
11-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Nicole Nicole Nicole......of course, I would have to trash the junk, but I understand your situation...you have a houseful of people that could use that grub! what to do what to do. Go put on your tightest pair of pants and wear those all day. I swear that makes me eat less!

Felicia - hang in there...your break will soon be here. You are so talented!! I love all your school project ideas. I cannot wait for you to hit your 50 lb mark..I want to see a new avatar...HEY, I know you still have your other house to sell. Good Morning America (or one of those morning talk shows) is doing a "sell your house boot camp" which you may want to check out..here's a link http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TurningPoints/story?id=3855152

Amy - my sister 'dates' the head of Garth's record label. He lives in Nashville and my sis lives in Connecticut, so it's definitely a long-distance thing. Many years ago (25 or so) they were neighbors. He divorced his wife and moved on but his kids are still in CT and he and my sis have stayed in touch over the years. My sister's husband passed away about five years ago, and she and Joe hook up whenever time and schedules permit.

Mama Nicole
11-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Well, thanks girls. I had to own up, just to make it real. And want to know what made it even more real? I jumped on the sclae.......and since I am a proffesional yo yo dieter, I have gained 8 pounds in about 2 weeks!!!! Nice, huh? So, I am going to move my ticker, and set myself up some sort of tiny goal to see if I can get this going again :) Thanks for the pep talk, and the accountability!!! I love you guys :)XOXO

emmysmom
11-14-2007, 10:48 AM
You're as bad as I am, Nicole...a glutton for punishment when it comes to that stupid scale! Those 8 pounds will come off quickly...it's probably mostly water weight. You can do it, you can do it :carrot:

amylou7777
11-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Good Morning all!
A quick check in before I head to work.

Jillian-great cake! I bet Jag loved it (love his name by the way). I'm so sorry you have strep. I'm hoping the kids don't get it and hopeing you start feeling better!

Karen-what did you think of the show? I didn't really know who that guy was? I guess a soap star but I don't watch soaps so I wasn't familiar. Sure was a cutie though. I'm glad Jenny is still there! And yes, getting out and curling sure is better than what I did all night...sat on my butt!

Joni-wow! What I wouldn't give to have a hook up with someone affiliated with my favorite singer of all time!? shh-don't tell dbf. That is quite somethin'. Have you been to a show? I hear he is coming out of the woodwork this year and actually going to perform. I am determined to get to a concert. I've heard they are amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Nicole, Nicole-nevermind the FF-I agree with TIna- I always gain it back and then eat crappy afterwards. I vote that you try very hard to be POP and make the best choices possible. I've been pretty consitently POP and this week have made it my goal to eat the lightest starches I can. Usually wasa crackers or fiber one. It's showing on the scale thankfully! You know what you have to do and we all know you can do it! DBF bought ice cream snickers bars from Sams Club this weekend. He's been wanting to buy them forever and I finally gave in and told him that it wouldn't bother me...I'm so dead set on not having one that everytime I open that freezer and see the giagantic box staring at me...it feels GOOD not to grab one! You can resist!!

Your mini goal looks perfect and I know you can do it!

Tina-what did you (and everyone else) think of TBL? I don't want to spoil it for everyone else if you haven't watched yet....but I was happy with who was voted off and also very impressed with her w/l since the show! She looked really great! 100lbs! I found last nights show very motivating!

Ok-late for work-bye for now!

sscott
11-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the info on the cake. I was able to fit it in without being off my plan! Yeah! I have been trying really hard to stay POP this week, but the scale hasn't been as friendly. Oh well, I will keep doing what I am supposed to do and it will come off!

Amy - I have seen Garth in concert 3 times and his shows are like nothing else I have every seen. If he starts touring again, go see one! It will be worth every cent!

Felicia - Hang in there, vacation is almost here! We have to teach Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, but I am still looking forward to an extra long weekend!

Beacon - how are you doing? Hang in there!

I hope you all are having a great day!

Mama Nicole
11-14-2007, 11:30 AM
How funny, Amylou........I had already decided to do what you suggested. I waited to eat anything until I made a conscious decision......and after much consideration, and the fact that my tummy was growling, and I just couldn't bear the thought of eggs.....I opted to just get POP......and drink a butt-load of HLW today. I don't want to start the cycle of being naughty, and then doing TO or FF. That is why I got to be this big in the first place. That is how I always managed my weight when I was younger......and it worked, until my mid 30's. I always advise everyone here that in order to change your body, you must first change your mind........so I guess I have to take my own advice. I think I will go buy some fiber 1 today :) Thanks guys....you are the best :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
11-14-2007, 11:37 AM
P.S......Amylou.....while I see the resemblance........you are WAY cuter than Tricia..... :)

smjezzy
11-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Morning ladies. Well I finished day 2 of TO and I am 6lbs lighter. TOM hit at the same time so I'm sure most of what I lost was water but I'm good with that. I'm within a pound of where I was when I started my little gaining trend. I will have to watch myself today so I don't gain it back. Today is back to real food so cross your fingers for me!

Dan the soup sound delicious. Is it LA Weight Loss friendly?

Emmysmom – you are looking amazing. YOUGOGIRL

Barb – Big difference, you must be very proud and happy!

AmyLou – thanks for the words of encouragement. I need all the help I can get!

Karen - What’s Curling?

Something happened with my recorder last night or tbl came on late because all it recorded was the donut thing and the start of the bike race. What happened! Who won, who got kicked off last night?

OK what's the deal with the green underlining business? I didn't do that!

myboysnme2
11-14-2007, 12:26 PM
With all the Garth talk I just have to share this...My husband is taking me to see a live Garth Brooks concert in the movie theatre tonight.

Here is the info...

The wait is finally over... AEG Network LIVE and Sprint in association with National CineMedia's FATHOM, present Garth Brooks on the big screen in select movie theatres nationwide! This show will be presented LIVE from Sprint Center on November 14th and captured and distributed by Horse of Troy Productions, Inc., Jon Small/Picture Vision and AEG Network LIVE. Due to popular demand, an encore presentation of this show has been added on November 15th! Garth is stepping out for nine special sold-out concerts from the new Sprint Center in Kansas City. A 10-time Country Music "Entertainer of the Year" award winner, he is known for his dynamic and powerful concerts and described by many as "THE musical highlight of a lifetime." Please note: The November 14th show will be broadcast LIVE. The November 15th show will be an encore prerecorded broadcast of the previous night's show.

Never heard of such a thing but it sounds fun! I'll tell you guys all about it tomorrow.

KimS

chiquita623
11-14-2007, 12:43 PM
All this talk of soup made me hungry for it so I made the Roasted Vegetable Soup - I think Lynn posted it - and I just want to report that it was easy, easy and wonderful. Thanks Lynn!!

I added a pic of DBF and myself from our vacation last month. That's the best picture of me I can come up with. If I keep looking I may find a better one but that will have to do for now.

BarbaraB
11-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Shannon, Amy got voted off TBL last night. I'm glad that she got voted off, since she has been just a whiner and unpleasant to watch. It seemed like the right choice to me. Anyway, she had lost 100 pounds when they did the update on her, so I guess she learned what she needed to do. Plus she got to go home to her little kids, which I think she was just not dealing well with being away from them, and that made her come off as a very unpleasant person. Anyway, I still find it motivating to watch TBL, even if the weight that they lose seems way off the charts... I mean in less than 3 months more than one of the guys has dropped more than 100 pounds. How can that be healthy?

aguerin
11-14-2007, 01:38 PM
GM All. And At LEAST its Wednesday. I have been out of the office this morning but I wanted to chime in on some of the topics.

I was so glad to see Amy get the boot on TBL. I couldn't stand her manipulative ways and them fake blue eyes. She just looked like a witch to me. It was all about her and then tried to give the red t-Shirt back to her trainer. I loved the way she handled it (I can't think of her name). That was so good.

Anyway my Scan results are back and THANK GOD they are negative. I was so worried about it and I don't even know why. THanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

I am doing a TO today and tomorrow. I have got to try to get under this 142-145 yo-yo I am on. Its the extra dairy on Saturday. That's my little treat and it is costing me, costing me. BUt at least its not cake or pie, right?

Nicole - Get your head back in the game. You are here to lose weight and you cannot do it continuing to Cheat. :coach: I'm preaching to myself too. This is a Weight Loss Forum not a Cheat and Recover forum. :frypan:

dawn78
11-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Karen - we have curling here in Minnesota, but I’ve never done it or know anyone that does it. It looks fun though.

Amylou – I’ve been to 4 Garth Brooks concerts and I can defiantly say they are like nothing you have ever seen before. They are so explosive and just unbelievable and I’ve been to a lot of concerts from all genres of music. If you ever get a chance, go to one. I tell people “even if you’re not a huge country music fan, you will not be disappointed”. I first saw him and Trisha perform when I was 13 and it was one of the most memorable experiences!

Felicia – some of your ideas are so creative. I love hearing about them so I can compare them to what my son’s teacher does in his class. He’s in first grade also. Any ideas on how to build a 6 year old boy’s confidence in reading? He just gives up once he stumbles over a few words and I’m about ready to pull my hair out. We practice, practice, practice and we give him so much positive reinforcement but nothing seems to help. I know he can do it, because we’ve seen him do it but he just isn’t confident in himself. Now math he loves, that just came so natural for him.

Joni – I love your take on wearing the tightest fitting jeans, I do the same thing and it does seem to help.

Amy – glad to hear your results came back favorable. That has to be a huge relief!

Dan2112
11-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Morning ladies. Well I finished day 2 of TO and I am 6lbs lighter. TOM hit at the same time so I'm sure most of what I lost was water but I'm good with that. I'm within a pound of where I was when I started my little gaining trend. I will have to watch myself today so I don't gain it back. Today is back to real food so cross your fingers for me!

Dan the soup sound delicious. Is it LA Weight Loss friendly?

Emmysmom – you are looking amazing. YOUGOGIRL

Barb – Big difference, you must be very proud and happy!

AmyLou – thanks for the words of encouragement. I need all the help I can get!

Karen - What’s Curling?

Something happened with my recorder last night or tbl came on late because all it recorded was the donut thing and the start of the bike race. What happened! Who won, who got kicked off last night?

OK what's the deal with the green underlining business? I didn't do that!

It's the clam chowder recipe in the LAWL cookbook.. It's also listed in our recipe area here on the LAWL main page.. It's really good, and really easy!!

KSingleton
11-14-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm back....

I have been AWOL for about 3 weeks! I haven't even been to the COD. My scales at home don't show any change, but I feel horrible. I haven't been eating OP. I've resorted back to old habits! You know not eating all day and then eating a Quarter Pounder with cheese from McD's for supper. My stove is still broken and we just don't have the money to buy a new one so I guess I'm just tired of eating food that I can make in the microwave. I even tried making things in the CrockPot but everything that I think of just requires to much prior planning. I'm always missing a key ingredient!

Oh well, enough of my complaining. I know I just need to get back on plan and eat right! I'm at that stage where I'm tired of thinking about what to eat 3 days before I eat it! But that spells catastrophe in my book (and on my hips) so anybody feel like giving me a good kick in the butt! I need it.

slim n trim
11-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Hi everyone,

Hope everybody is having a good day.

Amy - Nicole is right - you are much prettier than Trisha.
I thought the show last night was good, although I was really surprised that Marie was the first one to be saved. When she was saved I was so hoping that Cameron would go. The other three are so good, I just can't imagine that Marie will make it thru the next elimination. She has a lot of fans - not necessarily due to her dancing - and I think that they are keeping her in there - but she is definitely not better than the ones that are left.

More on the curling talk - Dawn - I think that a lot of the people from the USA that curl are from the Minnesota area - at least I think that most of the US teams that have been at the Worlds are usually from there, or maybe Wisconsin. Shannon, I think it was you that asked what curling was - I explained it a few pages back - but a quick recap is its a team sport (4 on a team) played on ice. You throw rocks up and down the sheet of ice at rings - caled the house. Lots of strategy and sweeping to make the rocks curl involved. You may have seen it on tv - it looks a lot easier than it really is.

I wish I was going to Garth Brooks concert - have fun Kim.

Nicole - be a good girl!

Okay - gotta head back to work.

will check in later. Bye

bayoubelle68
11-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Dawn - you're doing the right thing in practicing a lot. That's really the best thing you can do. There's a list of words called "Dolch Sight Words" that are basic words that kids should know at different levels. Rather than typing the whole list, here's a URL for a listing:

http://gemini.es.brevard.k12.fl.us/sheppard/reading/dolch.html

Make sure that he can read ON SIGHT the words from the Preprimer and Primer list. It's a good list to let him practice reading. When you print it out, DON'T leave the Preprimer/Primer label at the top. Just let him read without knowing that these are a little below level. They will likely be easy for him and will give him a little boost. You may want to buy one of those spiral-bound little books of index cards and write one word on each card so that he can flip through them like flash cards.

Some other little things:
1.) Let him read easy recipes to you while you're cooking.
2.) Go to www.starfall.com. There are LOTS of stories there for him to read and fun reading activities.
3.) Read every other word with him. You read a word, then he reads a word. It is really silly and fun for kids. You'll likely laugh a lot. Choose a funny book like "The Stinky Cheese Man" or any of the Seuss books. When I do this with DS, we keep score. If I read a word that should be his, he gets a point - or vice versa.
4.) When you're on the road, have him look for certain words. Make a list: free, sale, store, cars, gas, etc. Give him a list and tell him to say out loud when he sees one of the words. He can even keep a tally sheet, or you can assign point values to each word. When he reaches a certain number a points, he gets a treat (something small from a drive-thru, extra t.v. minutes, etc.)

Hope something here helps!

Jrny2aNewMe
11-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi all!

I don't know whether to take this as a compliment or not, I just passed an older gentleman in the corridor of my building, and when I passed he called me Jayne Mansfield - I didn't think my top today was that low LOL.

Dan2112
11-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm back....

I have been AWOL for about 3 weeks! I haven't even been to the COD. My scales at home don't show any change, but I feel horrible. I haven't been eating OP. I've resorted back to old habits! You know not eating all day and then eating a Quarter Pounder with cheese from McD's for supper. My stove is still broken and we just don't have the money to buy a new one so I guess I'm just tired of eating food that I can make in the microwave. I even tried making things in the CrockPot but everything that I think of just requires to much prior planning. I'm always missing a key ingredient!

Oh well, enough of my complaining. I know I just need to get back on plan and eat right! I'm at that stage where I'm tired of thinking about what to eat 3 days before I eat it! But that spells catastrophe in my book (and on my hips) so anybody feel like giving me a good kick in the butt! I need it.

C'mon Krista! You can get back on track without too much trouble... Crock pot stuff is easy... Set it and forget it!

Get a pork loin roast, throw it in with some lite salt, pepper, dried veggies, onion powder, etc.... cover almost completely with water, set it to low and head out the door... Takes 5 minutes (planning, not cooking!) :lol:

Go and get a slow cooker menu book.. Heck, I see them in the check out isle at the grocery store and I'm sure there's a bunch on line..

Then of course, there's also grilling (if you have a grill).. There's no reason you shouldn't be eating on plan.. I know not having a good stove sucks... In lieu of a new one, do you think you can afford a second hand one? Check local garage sales and such... It can tide you over until you can get that "Blastmaster 10,000" (with stainless steel accents!) you've been wanting..

You can do it!! Post early and post often...

KSingleton
11-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Dan-Thanks for the encouragement! My stove has been down for almost 2 months and at first I was doing really well. I guess I just got tired of the soup type meals. I have a slow cooker menu book, but I'm just not sure how to count some things.

BarbaraB
11-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Val, I think he meant that as a compliment!

Amy, I thought those Blue eyes on TBL Amy were fake too. I won't miss watching her cry and complain next week. I'm so glad the scan was negative. Good luck on TO. I think it is normal to have a 3 pound weight range, so don't beat yourself up too bad for being up and down within 3 pounds, as that is just what maintenance is. Of course like me, you probably wish the bottom number was lower! LOL... oh well, someday it might.

Dawn, don't pull out too much hair. I think reading is a little bit like walking, kids just take off with it when they are ready. Some are ready sooner, but it does not change how good they get at it later. So try to make it as fun as you can, so it is not a chore, even if it means you are still doing most of the reading for him at this point. I suppose I have a great love of books, and it meant a lot to me personally to pass that down (my DH does not enjoy reading), so I read a ton to her, even before she could talk (and she started talking at 9 months old but didn't walk until after 16 months.... which I had to say... hmmm a child that likes to sit around and talk.... yup, mine!)

smjezzy
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Anyway my Scan results are back and THANK GOD they are negative. I was so worried about it and I don't even know why. THanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

Congrats - I'm sure it's a load off your mind

Joni135
11-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Kim - that is so cool about being able to see the movie version....I can't go tonight but there is an Encore showing tomorrow night at a theatre about 15 miles away. The only bad part is it doesn't start until 9 PM (bedtime almost for me).
The biotchy sister actually got to go to one of those "sold out" concerts in Kansas City. Did she invite me? NOPE!! and the kicker...she got to go back stage and say hi to him...and Garthy hugged her skinny little arse! (FYI - I actually really do love my sis!)

Dixie Amy - This is a Weight Loss Forum not a Cheat and Recover forum Now you tell me!! Great news on your scan!

Amy - when Garth was interviewed not too long ago he claimed he would not "tour" until his kids were older. But, I guess he's entitled to change his mind. I'll have to ask sis to get the scoop!

emmysmom
11-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Great news, Amy!!!!

Jamiep03
11-14-2007, 04:19 PM
I actually had a bad day last friday and thought that the weekend would be bad but when I went to WI i was good.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

lizababe
11-14-2007, 04:36 PM
LOL Joni - Not that you're bitter or anything...

Dawn - My DD didn't like to read and resented me making her do it. I tried everything to get her interested, books on things she liked but she was stubborn. Then one day Harry Potter came along and her nose has been in books since.

Tina and Barbara - looking foxy!

Hi to others I keep missing!

I went to COD yesterday and the damage was done, but not AS bad as I thought. I've been POP for 3 days now. Well mostly, I didn't get out for a run last night and that's part of my plan. So I'm back on the wagon.

Nicole - I picked up a bag of peanut butter cups at the store the other day because they were 75% off. Even if I don't want to eat them, I can't resist a bargain. I figured I'd just let Mini-Me have them. I have to ration treats to her or else she'll eat the whole bag. Anyway, they sat in their hiding space taunting me. Then my bachelor neighbor knocked on my door last night telling me he was craving sweets and going to the store. His Dad just passed away so he's restless. I gave him the whole bag and told him to enjoy.

I'm in a debate over Thanksgiving. I've always loved cooking for the holiday. Everything from scratch. I actually found out I have it off and may have the next day too. My oven is broken and I've been using a little convection oven for everything the two of us need but haven't had to cook anything big like that. I might just give up and go out to eat for Turkey Day for the first time in my adult life. I have two sugar pumpkins that need to be turned into pies. My pie recipe isn't actually that far off plan. There's actually no sugar in it and it is YUMMY. I think the worst part is probably the crust. I use whole wheat flour but still have to cut butter into it..

Anyway I'm thinking through my fingertips and blabbering on. Hope everyone is POP and happy!

Mama Nicole
11-14-2007, 07:48 PM
:carrot: Hooray Amy!!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

You had every reason to be worried, and I am sooo thrilled that your scan came out ok :) :hug:
XOXO

Mama Nicole
11-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey Kristen......getting ready to take a long walk off a short pier.......where ar you girl? I hope you aren't swimming without me!!!!!

Hey everybody.....I am POP so far today.....but I have to tell you, with the feel full plan........it is going to be very tricky to keep the calories down with all that food.

Dan2112
11-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Dan-Thanks for the encouragement! My stove has been down for almost 2 months and at first I was doing really well. I guess I just got tired of the soup type meals. I have a slow cooker menu book, but I'm just not sure how to count some things.

Try the pork loin.. you can also do really nice Yankee Pot roasts in there as well as shreaded BBQ chicken... Don't sound like soup to me!!!!

You'd count them just like you'd count any kind of pork, beef or chicken..

You can do stews, of course, but just be careful of the salt content... And use the lean beef/pork...

Here are some recipies you might not have in your cook book...

http://homeparents.about.com/cs/recipescooking/a/crockindex.htm

Be creative! You can do it!

bayoubelle68
11-15-2007, 01:23 AM
Okay, here it is 12:13 a.m. and I'm awake. I actually went to bed at 11:00, but right at midnight, DH and I awoke to the sounds of DS screaming. He had thrown up and was howling. I took him into the bathroom while DH dealt with the bedclothes. His throat was burning, his nose was burning. He was not a happy camper. We changed the sheets, gave him an old ice cream bucket (just in case), and he's back in bed. In the middle of all of this DD woke up and tried to sneak into our room. DH convinced her to go back to bed "for a little while." I'm just going to stay up for a bit to make sure DS is okay, poor little guy. If he throws up again, I don't know what I'm going to do. See, ordinarily, I would be using this time to write lessons for a substitute, but I CAN'T miss tomorrow without some pretty big problems. Immediately after school - at 3:30 - our parent-teacher conferences begin and I will be conferring until 7 or so. Our conference time actually runs until 9:00, but I scheduled quite a few of mine earlier in the week and did some phone conferences and email conferences. Anyway, I guess I'll figure out what to do later if DS continues to be sick. I'm hoping it was just something he ate - in which case DD will likely start throwing up soon!

Ahhhh...parenthood!

aguerin
11-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Oh Felicia - Sorry to hear about your DS. Hope it is not contageous and the whole family gets it.

O.K. Day 2 of TO. Day one went well. I am doing it with oranges and I will have to say NEVER again. They are just two messy for me to try to eat 4 oranges at work. My keyboard is sticky. :)

Liza - Maybe you could offer to cook Thanksgiving dinner at bachelor neighbors house? I just hate the thought of a traditional family holiday eaten at a restaurant. You just lose some of that homey - family bonding or something. Glad you have the days off.

Thanks for all the well wishes on my scan results. It really is a tremendous relief. I have to remember to Thank God for answered prayer. He is so Good! :)

Is anybody traveling for T-Day? We typically go to my mothers house who only lives about 10 miles away. I can't wait. I still haven't decided what I am going to take yet.

zambejaly5
11-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Okay, here it is 12:13 a.m. and I'm awake. I actually went to bed at 11:00, but right at midnight, DH and I awoke to the sounds of DS screaming. He had thrown up and was howling. I took him into the bathroom while DH dealt with the bedclothes. His throat was burning, his nose was burning. He was not a happy camper. We changed the sheets, gave him an old ice cream bucket (just in case), and he's back in bed. In the middle of all of this DD woke up and tried to sneak into our room. DH convinced her to go back to bed "for a little while." I'm just going to stay up for a bit to make sure DS is okay, poor little guy. If he throws up again, I don't know what I'm going to do. See, ordinarily, I would be using this time to write lessons for a substitute, but I CAN'T miss tomorrow without some pretty big problems. Immediately after school - at 3:30 - our parent-teacher conferences begin and I will be conferring until 7 or so. Our conference time actually runs until 9:00, but I scheduled quite a few of mine earlier in the week and did some phone conferences and email conferences. Anyway, I guess I'll figure out what to do later if DS continues to be sick. I'm hoping it was just something he ate - in which case DD will likely start throwing up soon!

Ahhhh...parenthood!

oh yikes! that was us night before last. DD threw up ........ well she counted 7 times....... I say it was twice, the first time with 4 in a row and the second time with 3 in a row. I did keep her home the next day but she was fine, no fever and no more throwing up. only in the middle of the night of course! but i figured it was something she ate too. hope he feels better today!

smjezzy
11-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Well after my first day back on food after TO I'm back up 2 lbs. I was POP too. Grrrrr

Let's hope it stops there and starts going down again! Tomorrow we're off for college visits and early Thanksgiving with my Mom. It's going to be very difficult to be good. Wish me luck! I hope everyone has a great POP weekend.

Mama Nicole
11-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Oh Shannon.......I'm sorry.........I think you got my two pounds. :(

dawn78
11-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Felicia, Barbara and Liza - Thanks for the tips on DS. He actually does pretty well on “flash card” type reading, its just when he has to read sentences is when he struggles. That’s part of the reason why I get so frustrated, if he can read it one way, why not the other. Sometimes he reads a word fine and then three words late the same word appears and he struggles with it then. I know it will come, I just need to have more patients.

lizababe
11-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Felicia and Lettie I'm sorry your little ones are sick :-( My DD used to get a high fever and throw up during the night and then be just fine the next morning and I figured out it was always right before a growth spurt. Odd no?

Amy - I'm so relieved for you that the scan results are good news! I'm pretty sure bachelor neighbor will be with his Mom for Thanksgiving. I ran the idea of just going out to dinner past Mini-Me and that didn't go over well. You always wonder if all of the work you put into cooking means anything to them or if you could shove a tv dinner under their nose and get the same response. Well, I don't wonder anymore. She was really disappointed at the thought of having dinner in a restaurant. So, I'm going to pick up a little roaster oven at Target today and do the turkey that way and can use the convection oven for the sides and pies. It'll be different to only cook for two. I usually cook for a full house on the holidays (one time had 30 guests) but this home is just too small for the big dinner parties I'm used to. I'm looking forward to it and will probably get some DVD's for us to watch all day. My kiddo is 16 already... Not many years left for me to do this!

Hiya to Amylou! I haven't been able to keep up with you lately but you look fantastic!

POP again for me yesterday. I'm really proud of myself this week. Things just didn't go well for the 3 weeks prior and I was getting into bad habits again. Only eating once a day, too tired to exercise, etc.

amylou7777
11-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Morning all!

Nicole-look at you girl!! See those 4lbs are going to be cake! Keep it up! The weekend is approaching...we gotta stay POP!

Shannon-I'm so sorry about that post TO gain! I do the same thing and that is why I'm hesitant to do another TO. Just keep up being POP and it will even out.

Amy-What a relief to hear about your scan! I'm so glad it was good news!!! GL w/ TO. I did it with oranges last time and found the same thing.....

Felicia-hope you ended up getting some sleep. GL with conferences today. Hope DS feels better!

Liza-I would have reacted the same way your daughter did! I'm so glad you are chosing to make it work cooking at home. Seems like lots of broken stoves around here (Krista too!). A roaster is a good idea. Hope you two have fun together!

I will be flying home for Turkey day. Dbf has to stay to work, but I decided I couldn't miss this tgiving bc my entire extended family will be at my grandma's this year. This only happens about once ever three years, so I didn't want to miss it. I'm really looking forward to a few days off-but the food is just going to be horrible. My family is very into food and it's going to be quite the feast, as I'm sure you will experience. I've also been informed that were are going to my family's favorite Mexican food place the next night for my grandma's 79th birthday....ughh. I know I can order fajitas...but those chips are what do me in! I am determined NOT to gain!

I can't count yesterday as a POP. I went over on my fats with mayo in my tuna and then some olive oil in my dinner and also went over on my starch a little bit. But back at it today and absolutely determined to be POP this weekend!

Lettie-I see your weekly progress is struggling. You have 4 days left in the week to give yourself a winning score! You can do it!

aguerin
11-15-2007, 12:15 PM
I am back from the COD. First time in 4 weeks. And I am still down on their scale (144.6). I count that as an accomplishment since I have been AWOL and am maintaining on my own so to speak.

Day 2 of TO and so far so good. I hope to get the scale down to at least 141.? something. Then I will just have to resist the extra dairy on Saturday. What is it about Saturday that I want to splurge?

What has happened to Emily and Kimberly R?

Liza - glad you are deciding to cook. It will be a much longer lasting memory for DD than the restaurant scene. Good Idea on the movies. Both my boys have girlfriends and that may be a good way to keep them entertained that afternoon cause I know they will both want to come over. sigh I remember when I was that young. sign again. At least I like both of the girl friends. Believe me that is saying a lot. I won't allow the trashy ones. Nope No Way. It's going to get harder isn't it?

smjezzy
11-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Oh Shannon.......I'm sorry.........I think you got my two pounds. :(

Hey, at least one of us lost 2! We must be weight loss buddies. So you take the next 20 ok? ;)

I'm not worried - it will go away. That seems to always happen to me when I do a take off. I lose a good amount and gain some back when I eat real food. I'm just happy I didn't gain it all back!

WTG Liza - keep it up!

Thanks again amylou - you're so encouraging and that really helps.

Joni135
11-15-2007, 01:18 PM
So I'm sitting here eating turkey chili, checking the threads, and there is all this puke talk. Well, being the foodaholic I am, it didn't bother me and I just finished my chili.

Yipee to all the losers and those being POP. Please continue to inspire me!

I brought my Emma dog to doggie day care today so she could socialize with "her kind." I'm feeling the mom guilts of not being able to play with her enough and with Charlie gone, well, what can I say. I have to travel next month, and occasionally on business. It was either to doggie day care or have a pet sitter come by twice a day while DH is at work. It's actually less expensive to do the doggie day care (when only one dog is involved). Luckily this place is just a mile down the road.

Read these two tips and thought I would share since they are LAWL appropriate:

CUCUMBER STORAGE. If you have a bunch of cucumbers you want to keep fresh, cut them in spears, put them in a plastic container and pour just enough Italian dressing to marinate them. They will keep at least a week and are a healthy snack. If you don’t like Italian dressing, a mix of oil and vinegar also works.

SALT-FREE SEASONING. In a recent column, a reader asked about low sodium cooking for her husband. Another wonderful sodium-reducing seasoning is Salt-Free 17, which is made by Lawry’s. In my area, I’ve been unable to find it in stores so I order it from Lawry’s online (www.lawrys.com). It’s well worth the trouble.

zambejaly5
11-15-2007, 01:21 PM
......Lettie-I see your weekly progress is struggling. You have 4 days left in the week to give yourself a winning score! You can do it!

Yikes, I know. I almost didn't want to fess up and put it on here! but I thought I should be accountable. Part of the problem is I am trying to wait til pay day to go get groceries..... I am out of the fresh veggies and fruits. which, when you don't get those in your body starts craving and then I mistake those cravings for things like pie.... and goodies! also I was having a hard time getting all my water in early in the week, which made me tired and feel like I have cravings! But I have exercised all week and I am trying to turn things around! I will do it!!!

KSingleton
11-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Is it Thursday already? I've not been POP all week! I have done better than the last 3 weeks but still not perfect. I did pretty good for lunch today, but I didn't have time for breakfast this morning so I didn't get off to a good start. I am just not managing my time well. We are having a revival at our church this week, so supper is either going to be really early or really late! I am basically getting home from work at 6 and leaving for church at 6:30. I won't get home until about 9. I just can't make myself eat that late so what's a girl to do?

Do you think I should just eat a sandwich and raw vegetables before I go to church? That's about all I'll have time to prepare.

BarbaraB
11-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Liza, Maybe your DD will be like mine, not only back for more of your holiday cooking, but dragging along additional friends who are away from home for the holidays too. It is so much more fun to feed starving appreciative college students.

Amy, as long as I don't eat the first chip at the Mexican restaurant I'm fine.... I tell myself that they are stale and not worth eating. After over a year on plan and having times when I was just a little over plan during a major holiday and times when I ate horribly on a holiday, I can say, I had a better time and enjoyed myself more if I just allowed myself a few extras.... but still was close to plan than going on a candy binge (Easter was really not good for me).

Today is my last day on Gold.... I am just too hungry. I tip my hats to all you ladies who manage to stick with gold. I have managed about a week and a half and I don't think I can handle it much longer. It is just a few calories less than blue, but wow... it is the difference between being OK and being crazy hungry. I guess I didn't cut back on the exercise like I said I needed to do to stick on gold... I don't know how you do Gold without lites Liz. I wouldn't last 2 days on that few calories.

Dixie Amy, I found that I got sprayed all over by the grapefruits and sticky fingers with the oranges. I felt so citrusy though after using grapefruits, but kind of acid overload. I lost the most with the grapefruits though, but it is proably not the most pleasant way to go. How old are your DS? It gets worse and then it gets better again.

lizababe
11-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Well, it's dinner at home for certain! I went to Target after work and picked up the roaster oven and an unbelievable price! I'd seen the sneak preview for Targets "Black Friday" ads and was bummed that I always have to work that morning, this year included. Anyway, Target already had their "Black Friday" prices in effect! Woo hoo! I got most of my holiday shopping DONE! Including our Turkey Day movies. They were actually cheaper than renting them would be! Now the trick will be pulling the menu together in such a tiny kitchen.

Barbra and Amy - I'm looking forward to those days when she wants to come home for the holidays and bring all of her friends. The big dinner parties I had in the past were always for my friends who like me, have nowhere to go for the holidays. I'm very casual. I set it all up buffet style, grab a plate, a glass of wine and sit wherever. The only thing I ask people to bring is laughter :-)

Joni - I go through guilt with my furbabies too. Buster gets downright depressed when I'm too busy to play with him. When I was working those crazy hours during the fires he didn't even bother trying to go with me (as he does everytime I go to work) He just looked up like "It's ok. I know I don't get to go with you. I'll just sit here in the corner." The cats don't get depressed, but they start fighting with each other when they don't get attention from me. They're all such children.

aguerin
11-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Barbara:

I finished off my sticky oranges at lunch. I forgot one of them yesterday cause I was saving it for a snack last night and didn't remember it until 9:00 after I had went to bed. I just kept thinking, I could have ate (eaten) an orange. What a loss. Grapefruit just won't work for me, I can't stand it.

My boys are 16 and 14. The 16 year old is the one who gives me the most trouble, but right now he is doing very well. Both of them are good kids. If I can just get them through high school with out any grand kids and keeping them off drugs I will have accomplished my life's mission. Both are also very protective of mom. I get a LOT of compliments from their friends and they get real uneasy hearing them about me. I mean a hot chick is a hot chick, not your 40 year old mother. LOL

sscott
11-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Just a quick check in for today! I have been POP all week and I am very proud of myself. Unfortunately, I went to the COD yesterday and I was up over 2 lbs. What is going on? They asked if I was under an unusual amount of stress lately and thinking about everything that is happening with my daughter, I said most definately! I met with the manager yesterday at my check in so I thought I would talk to her about needing more encouragement from them. Hopefully it will make a difference! I have been thinking about doing another TO, but I am not convinced that they creat lasting results. Hmmmm I need to just keep being POP!

Amy - praise the Lord your results were good! Awesome!

Krista - If I were you I would grab a sandwich and veggies before hand so i didn't get over hungry and binge. But, if you are not going to feel satisfied with just a sandwich then I would wait to eat. Otherwise you will eat the sandwich and keep looking for me to make you feel satisfied! Good luck! I hate nights list those!

Felicia - I hope your kiddo is doing better! What a tough day to have a sick kid. Good luck with conferences. I enjoy PT conferences, but it makes for a really long day. Vacation's just around the corner. Yippy! Enjoy every moment!

Stacy

Kimphin
11-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Hey everyone! Just popping in quick so that I don't have 15 pages to catch up on tomorrow! We are heading out to see Bruce Springstein tonight, I'm very excited.

Amy - so glad to hear your scan went well. I'm sure the last few weeks were tough on you.

Joni - I'm glad that you are sending Emma dog to daycare - I was worried about her missing her buddy. My friend puts her dog in daycare once a week, and let me tell you, that is one social dog!

Went for my 'intake' at my new job - I think I will really like it, still concerned about the commute, though. Better stop worrying, starting on Monday, I'll have no choice!

BarbaraB
11-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Amy,

I know the worry, my daughter is basically a good kid, but sometimes... well, I guess she would be angry if she ever read me putting down her worst behaviour in a public place so I won't, but let me just say that it was at times very difficult to know what to do. To see her doing well in college and on a good path fills me with tons of pride though. I'm sure your boys will end up doing just fine. I have a 16 year old nephew. He made the strangest face when his mom said to him, doesn't your aunt look good? Also on the news about 2 weeks ago at his school they had the foot ball players get blind folded and told them that they would be kissed by a girl, and they brought their moms in and the moms kissed them and then they took the blind fold off, and the look on my nephew's face was precious. Not at all what they were hoping for! It has been really hard for my nephew because he is such a big guy (he's 6 foot 6") and of course all the other guys have to push him around and if he pushes back at all, he gets in major trouble, since any sign of violence from someone that large scares a lot of the teachers. It isn't really fair, but I suppose you have to learn how to deal with that male tussling when you are a big guy. It is just unfortunate that his dad died the week he started high school, and we all worry more for him because of it. Whenever he isn't doing something for school he is supposed to he just says to his mom, don't worry mom, if I don't get into college, I'll just join the marines... Which my sister say she just thinks, enjoy Falusia son, but doesn't say it... His now "sainted" father was a marine.... Oh well, I hope he doesn't do that. He's a good kid... but it has been a rough adjustement for my sister and her husband to have him 100% of the time starting right when it is tougher to have them around. Plus it is kind of weird for my brother in law, since the kid always had a dad (and he's been with my sister since before the kid could possibly remember any differently) that my brother in law didn't try to be a dad to him, so now it is just kind of weird... but they are managing just fine... Anyway, I'm very close to my sister, so it is the closest thing I have to a son... well besides my dog...

Beacon6
11-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi everyone!
Busy at work, haven't been able to get on here in a few days. I'm glad to read that for the most part everyone is well. (sorry to hear about sick kiddies and sad puppies!) I hope everything is better tomorrow POP and good health for everyone!! I lost a pound this week (even after eating almost an ENTIRE box of cereal oops!) I'm pretty excited though I still have 4 more pounds to go to reach my thanksgiving goal...though I don't know if I can physically lose 4 pounds in less than a week...oh well though I won't give up! Have a great rest of your Thursday...I looove Thursday night TV!!!

bayoubelle68
11-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks, guys, for the well wishes for DS. He's fine. He never threw up again and felt great this morning, so I brought him to school. He did great - although he did come by to show me that he fell on the track at PE and scraped up one of his elbows pretty badly. DH came to get him at the end of the day.

I've had 7 conferences so far and they've gone really well. The thing is, there won't be any surprises for the parents. I send home a DAILY behavior report - we call it a "Pride Sheet." I write on it every day, parents see and sign it every evening. If they need to let me know something, there's space for them to write on the Pride Sheet, too. So if their child has been a stinker, they already know it!

bradleys mom
11-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Snow anyone?? I am so excited! :) I love winter it is my favorite season! I put my christmas tree up today! (What am I crazy???) yep, I havent decorated it yet, we usually do that on T-Day.

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..." I think I may go ahead and change my main ticker to a Christmas-y one!

Mama Nicole
11-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Hey everyone! Just popping in quick so that I don't have 15 pages to catch up on tomorrow! We are heading out to see Bruce Springstein tonight, I'm very excited.

Have fun Kim!!!! I know you have already left, but I hope you read my mind and say hello to Max Weinberg (drummer). He is one creepy dude, but he always makes me laugh when I am watching Conan. Some day I may learn to put myself to bed early :) Also, just in case I forget........good luck on your first day of your new job. Don't ya just hate starting a new job? Just remember......in 2 short weeks, you will be running the place :lol:

Hello to everyone else too :) I am on a roll with home improvements.....so not a lot of time to play. Oh, also......DH left for deer hunting in Wisconsin.....so I am a hunter's widow until Turkey Day. I hope I don't pig out all week :lol:. That's what lonely gets me sometimes. Ok, have to go eat some dinner........been a long day :)
XOXO

cecil
11-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Hay all I am a newbie just started 10/31. So far I am down 8.2 lbs. My goal is 50! Should be there by April. Can't wait. I was wondering. I haven't actually went off program at all yet. Is this something that comes with time? I am sure it is I am soooo scared for this to happen to me once I get off I don't know that I could get back on. Scarey! Ha!

whatazoo
11-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Hello all,
Don’t post much here… Been sticking pretty much OP and the scale has been slowly creeping down. I would sure like to be at goal (whenever I decide what that will truly be) by New Year’s, when my weight loss weeks are up, so I’d better be POP. I found out that T-Giving is not going to be traditional – roast beef with homemade noodles, homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, etc. YUM!! I might have to get myself a turkey breast so I can at least have leftover sandwiches. I think I’m going to miss the stuffing the most!

I know this is a pretty personal question, but I was just wondering, to those that have lost some weight, have your hormones been messed up? I went to the doctor today for some pain, and was told it was probably because of hormones due to weight loss. Interesting, never heard about it before. Had an ultrasound, just to make sure it wasn't anything serious, and it wasn't - whew! The doc mentioned changing bc pills to help. Anyway, I just thought I would ask, because it kind of freaked me out. Of course, I lost all my weight on my chest area first – what I wouldn’t give for a little fat back there again!!

Tuesday Cool
11-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Stephanie, I had not though about it but I have had the worst two "TOM"s of my life the last two months! Don't get me started but I found myself lurking in a parking lot chowing on a hamburger and fries like an out of control alcoholic! Every person around me has been suffering from PMS (mine!) and I cried reading about someone else dog dying. Real tears pouring down my face. Of course I recently "lost" my "old man" and am still tender.
But at the same time I have never felt better. I have suffered from joint and muscle pain for decades and because of my weight loss and regular yoga I feel so much better I can't describe it. I am glad I finally gave some of my time and energy to myself. The professional care giver gives to self!
Rock on, T

Kimphin
11-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Have fun Kim!!!! I know you have already left, but I hope you read my mind and say hello to Max Weinberg (drummer). He is one creepy dude, but he always makes me laugh when I am watching Conan. Some day I may learn to put myself to bed early :) Also, just in case I forget........good luck on your first day of your new job. Don't ya just hate starting a new job? Just remember......in 2 short weeks, you will be running the place :lol:

Hello to everyone else too :) I am on a roll with home improvements.....so not a lot of time to play. Oh, also......DH left for deer hunting in Wisconsin.....so I am a hunter's widow until Turkey Day. I hope I don't pig out all week :lol:. That's what lonely gets me sometimes. Ok, have to go eat some dinner........been a long day :)
XOXO

Concert was great, Max was awesome! I'm exhausted and deaf.

Mama Nicole
11-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Hay all I am a newbie just started 10/31. So far I am down 8.2 lbs. My goal is 50! Should be there by April. Can't wait. I was wondering. I haven't actually went off program at all yet. Is this something that comes with time? I am sure it is I am soooo scared for this to happen to me once I get off I don't know that I could get back on. Scarey! Ha!cecil......welcome.....and believe it or not......there are a few weirdos that barely EVER go off plan. Those are the ones you see here that made it to goal.....:lol:. I went a long time without going off plan........the longer you can make it, the better. Remember.....it takes only 21 consecutive days to make a new habit. :) You can do it :)

Hi Stephanie. I don't think it is necessarily the diet.........sometimes our bodies just go through changes. How old are you? I know I had a lot of trouble with bc pills and mood swings. I think I am finally better......I'll have to ask DH when he gets back from Wisconsin :)

Kim......did the concert go on forever? I have heard that about the Boss :)

Ok, time to go to Walmart :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
11-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Katie and Kristen......I am calling you out!!!! Where oh where are you two???? We miss you!!!!
XOXO

aguerin
11-16-2007, 10:05 AM
GM all. I finished day 2 of the TO and am back down for about the 5th time to 142. I have got to get past that magic number.

Anyway, I made Lynns recipe for pumpkin pudding and I must say it is good and very filling. 1 V, & 1 Dairy. I would say 1/2 dairy myself based on the ingredients, but you probably need to count it as COD says.

Whooo Hoooo its FRIDAY!!! and Next Week is a Short week due to T-Day. I am finally focusing in on what I am going to make. I am usually responsible for Sweat Potato Casserole and a Dessert so I had to warn them MY STUFF will be diet so if they want a dessert they better bring one themselves. LOL

Good Luck being POP this weekend everyone. I am going to do it if it kills me. :)

sscott
11-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Good morning everyone! It's Friday! Yeah!

Cecil - Welcome and congratulations on starting the program. I am also very new to the program. I have been doing it for a month now. I'll be honest with you, it has been very difficult to learn these new habits and re-train my body, but it has been well worth it! I have never physically felt better. I lost quite a bit right away, but right now I have gained back a little of the weight. I am not sure why as I have been following the plan. I have had a couple of slips, but this week I have been perfect and yet I am gaining weight. After talking with others, I think it is just my body responding to a rapid weightloss off the bat and I am under an unusal amount of stress right now. Please let me know how I can support and encourage you. It is much easier to do this with support. You are not alone in this battle!

Anyone have anything exciting planned for the weekend?

Joni135
11-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Oh Kim - hope all goes well at the new gig...Went for my 'intake' at my new job - I think I will really like it, still concerned about the commute, though. Better stop worrying, starting on Monday, I'll have no choice! Does this mean santa has to bring you gift cards to the local filling station??

I'm getting a GPS for Christmas/birthday; I'm pretty excited about it, especially since I have a pretty poor sense of direction.

Nicole - I heard from Katie (repo) so she's alive and kicking...Kristen on the other hand, is totally MIA....she must already be shopping for our Christmas presents!

aguerin
11-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Where is everybody today? Just cause its Friday doesn't mean there is any slacking allowed!!!

I don't have anything fun planned for the weekend but at least maybe I can enjoy the time off. Curl up by the fire, not eat anything while watching TV. That will be a challenge.

Mama Nicole
11-16-2007, 02:35 PM
I have not had time to play. I am painting my main bathroom today :)

sscott
11-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Let's see, curling up by the fire or painting the bathroom...I think I would rather hang out with you, Amy! It has been quiet around here the last day or so. Everyone must be really busy. I don't have much planned for my weekend, either. If it is sunny on Saturday I was thinking we should head to the park to take Christmas pictures. I don't know though, sun this time of year is hard to come by in North Dakota! I have been POP all week and plan on staying through the weekend. The scale isn't echoing my hard work, but I will keep it up regardless. I WILL lose this weight!!!

Stacy

aguerin
11-16-2007, 02:59 PM
I need the fire at home because they keep in so cold in this stinking office. I literally keep my coat on with a blanket on my lap all day long and my hands are still cold. Makes me want to quit. LOL

I am expecting the scale to be down some more by Monday. My TO got me back down to 142.6 so I am hoping to see a solid 141.? by Monday. Got to focus on staying POP and not fudging on the dairy like I like to do. :)

I'm getting 0 exercize in. I just haven't been motivated for one reason or another. I was actually thinking about joining a gym for the winter months but the one I would want to go to is 15 miles in the other direction from my house and I am already driving 70 miles round trip each day to work and back. I know, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Dan2112
11-16-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm mired here in the office.. Trying to get stuff done, but accomplishing little.. Had a good lunch today.. Leftover steak and a big 'ol salad from Wildoats... Dang I make a good steak!

Guess my mind is on the weekend... Work sucks!!

Beacon6
11-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi All,
Too busy at work to read and post but I didn't just tak a break to read up on everyone. I would kill for a warm fire!! OR a fireplace at all, the closet that I like to call my apartment can barely fit a window let alone a fireplace haha!! Gotta love city living! It is sooo cold in my office, I like to tell myself that I'm cold because I've lost soooo much body fat and I lost my winter insulation, haha, hey as long as I believe it it's true right? LOL

Cecil-Welsome! I just got back on the plan! I was on it basically POP for 2 years!! It was 2 glorious skinny years, then I fell off the LAWL wagon about 6 months ago and now I am struggling to climb back on. I can tell you one thing for sure, it is MUCH harder for me to lose weight the second time around! I've only lost about 3 pounds since starting about 4 weeks ago. I remember when I first started I would see losses of sometimes 4 pounds a week!! Ohh those were the good old days!! So Welsome and Good Luck, everyone on here is extremely helpful and motivational!

healthy2b
11-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Happy Friday Everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi since I haven't had much time to post lately. Work is crazy and home isn't much better. We are planning to go to DSIL's house for Thanksgiving (3.5 hours away) but both DH and I have to work Wed. and we have to be back Friday afternoon to help my sister with her DS's rehearsal dinner for his wedding on Saturday. So, it looks like we will be on the road Thanksgiving morning and again Thanksgiving night or maybe Friday morning depending on how we feel. We were thinking of staying home for Thanksgiving but we spend Christmas with my family so we are going to bite the bullet and make the mad dash to keep everybody happy. Thank goodness next week is a short work week! I need a break badly.

Kimphin - the concert sounds like it was a blast!

Nicole - you stay so busy....now your painting the bathrooms...how is your website going?

Joni - GPS for Christmas/Birthday!!! I need one of those too.....when is your birthday? Two of my daughters were born at the end of Dec....one on the 27th, the other on the 31st and my anniversary is the 28th....December is a busy month for us!

Welcome Cecile!

Liza - sounds like you and minime will have a great mom and me day thanksgiving!

Amy - a nice relaxing weekend curled up by a fire and a good book sounds heavenly!

Stacy - I seem to be having the same problem....I was steadily losing and now the past two weeks nothing..... .1 or.2 lbs up and down!!! BUMMER! Unfortunatley, unlike you it took me a long time to start losing in the first place, so when I finally started to lose I was so excited. Hopefully, our bodies will adjust and we will start losing again soon.

Kimphin
11-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Joni - GPS is so cool! We used one last year when we had to rent a car and drive through the Valentines Day snowstorm to Baltimore (good lord - remember that fiasco?) and it was great, especially since a good portion of the trip there was 0 visibility. I hope Santa gets it for you.

I on the other hand, just want AAA. The drive is easy, just go north on the highway. The problem is it is 50 minutes away. I probably sound like a wimp to some of you who have to drive that far, but not many people around here drive more than 20 minutes.

Carrie/ Nicole - concert was a blast!, but, the Boss ain't as young as he used to be. The days of the never ending concert are done. He played for about 2 hours, although they started an hour late. Clarence Clemons looked pretty tired at the end, he could barely move around the stage. A lot of songs from the new album.

May the POP-ness start for me!

lizababe
11-16-2007, 07:30 PM
I just have a minute to stop in but I have to share that I went to COD today and I'm down 2.5lbs since Tuesday! Yay!!!! POP sure feels good this week...

I wish to everyone else the same results!

whatazoo
11-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Nicole - I'm 37. I'm not having mood swings (I don't think... guess I should ask the people I work with... LOL) But my mom had breast cancer a few years ago and I guess the pain in my chest area just freaked me out a bit. The doc I went to see said it's not unusual for hormones to get messed up with weight loss. I just had never heard about it before. I am going to ask my other doc about a low dose estrogen the end of this month to see if that helps. Maybe I will be more pleasant to work with!! My dogs can't tell me if I'm hard to live with. LOL Thanks

Tuesday - my brother was out last night, asked if I wanted Burger King - Umm... YES. Fries - SURE! And I ate them all!! Felt a little guilty, but I got over it real fast... But now I'm back at it. And honestly, I feel much so better now, since all the weight loss...I guess if I have to put up with some things it's worth it due to being more healthy overall.

BarbaraB
11-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Stephanie, I've heard that fat in your body generates additional estergen, so it makes sense to me that you might notice a change when you lose a lot of weight. Overall I think the extra estergen is bad for you, as it is supposed to increase your risk of breast cancer a great deal. Perhaps when you get to maintenance and start eating a bit more fat you will see an improvement. I find that for me PMS is much better if I take calcium, and the biggest change is breast pain, so be sure that you are taking some calcium, it is good for your bones too. They sell supplements at LAWL, but it is cheaper to buy them on your own. I like the ones that taste like caramel or chocolates and really you just count them as supplements, so it is like you get a free piece or two of candy every day. It takes about a month of taking them to see a difference.... I've got to get better at taking them myself.

cecil
11-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Hay all! I had my weigh in today I am down a total of 9 lbs. I have been on LA since 10/31/2007. So I think that is pretty good. I have POP the entire time. Which is starting to get harder and harder. I just really want to go out and let loose and have a few drinks and not keep track. Last night I ressited temptation. I went to the bar and didn't have a drink. I was sooooo proud! Ha! Anyway just wanted to stop in and say hay! I can't wait to see the end result. Whoo hoo!

zambejaly5
11-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Happy Weekend

EmilyLashea
11-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Hey Guys.. I know I've been MIA for a few days... and I can tell. Haven't been on here, and haven't been on plan. I have got to get it together! I was going to wait until after T-day to do a TO, but I'm thinking I should really do it Monday & Tuesday just to get myself back on track?

NSV to report though... I fit into a pair of my sisters 13/14 pants this weekend! :D First time in a looonng time for that! :cheer2: Not in a 14 yet in the pants that I am going by to track my size loss (American Eagle jeans).. but still, it felt good!!

Kim0303
11-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Cecil, Congrats on staying POP. Welcome! Yes it is easier at the beginning to stay POP. But hang in there.

Sorry, I haven't been checking in. I have been under the weather. Had a toothache I had to take care of and then came down with a sinus infection and my ear is starting to ache. I have not been POP. Couldn't eat after going to the dentist because I felt like crap. Then I got sick and couldn't eat either except I had a pitty party and went to happy hour with my hubby like it was going to make me feel better. Only 2 drinks and shared chicken and shrimp fajitaas so not to bad. Didn't get in all my water and haven't gotten in all my food. After I got home last night, I crashed. Have been sleeping most of the time on and off. Wake up when I can't breathe. Imagine that. Better than the alternative. Started to take a pain pill the dentist had given me to tie me over until I get my root canal so I could sleep but I was afraid it would knock me out and if I couldn't breathe, I wouldn't wake up so I didn't take one. Feel like crap. Going to lay back down. Tried to get DH to go get me a salad but he laid down for a nap and I don't feel like cooking so I guess I will go lay back down too.
You folks have a great weekend. Stay focused and POP.

Kim#2, Loved the picture. Hope you made wise choices at your birthday dinner. Hope you had a great birthday. I know you had to feel great and I know you look better than you ever have!!! You foxy lady! I know darling hubby is proud of you! Happy belated birthday!

healthy2b
11-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi all.....

Whoo Hoo ....Great Job(s) - Liza(2.5 lbs since Tuesday!, Cecil (9 lbs overall), and Emily(fitting into sister's jeans)

Kim#3 - I have sympathy for you and your tooth pain....I had the same thing this week....I absolutely hate tooth pain! I have a temporary crown waiting on the real thing and it came off this week and I had bare tooth nerves for a day and a half... ouch!!!!! I was so glad when I got to the dentist and they put it back on...such relief. I have had 4 babies, 1 completely natural with no pain medication at all and sometimes I think that tooth pain is worse than childbirth!!!!!

I finally made it out of the 180's!!!!! I won't change my ticker yet to make sure it sticks because it was only 179.8 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to go down!

lizababe
11-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Congrats to all the losers! Carrie - I mean to say earlier that I just love that new baby picture! I want to kiss those little lips!

It's the weekend.. I just got home from work (wait, weekend???) and my daughter has her friend, who is a boy over. I stopped and got them Happy Meals on the way home. I know, sixteen year olds with Happy Meals but they loved them.

Our Thanksgiving plans seem to be changing by the minute. I was really looking forward to a day of just the two of us in our jammies all day cooking and watching our DVD's. Now we seemed to have picked up a couple more lost souls. An older lady who has adopted us and is a complete hoot and a friend of my daughter's who's mum is going to be in the hospital during the holiday (I'm still not sure why) So, I've come up with a new tradition and theme for our holiday feasts. Pajama party! They have to wear their jammies too! Mini-Me's pajamas have black cats all over them and mine have Happy Bunny and say "Cute but psycho" I figure if they want to come over here to our crammed little home, they might as well be comfortable and be one of the family. I can't wait!

Have a great weekend and keep your fingers crossed for NO FIRES! I'm on call for the chopper again...

EmilyLashea
11-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Congrats Carrie on being out of the 180's!! :cheer: I can't wait for that!

Tuesday Cool
11-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Hey guys I have not posted much because finals have me overwhelmed. I actually cannot stand to sit at the computer any longer! Not to PO the east coaster but I was sick of homework and went for a drive in my 1964 Triumph! It was cool but the sun was out and I needed to blow out some cobwebs.
At WO I was the same as the beginning of the week. I was POP but I think maybe I did not measure my portions close enough. Plus, there is always the wine. I cannot go with out at least one glass a night. I trade a fruit but I think I pour a largish portion (I am not giving that up-ever)
You know, I am so happy that I dropped a dress size that right now I am not going to pressure myself for more. I will stay POP, I will exercise, and I will continue to take care of myself. That is enough for now. :yoga:
I will be off line for the rest of the weekend. Wish me well. T

Kim0303
11-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Carrie, Congrats on getting out of the 180's.

Emily, I am with you. I can't seem to get out of the 180's. I know it is my fault. Stay on plan and it would help. I seem to be down a pound or two since I haven't been feeling well and munching. I will try to WI tomorrow morning and see, if I make it to work. That is debateable at the moment. I am a speech pathologist that can't talk. That doesn't work to well. Especially when you are working with Prek - 5th grade. I also have HS tomorrow and those kids are severely challenged so I need to use my voice. Oh well, we will see.
Going to Dr tomorrow to get antibiotic for the infection in my sinus. May ask him to put my back on singular since it doesn't seem we are going to get much rain and I am allergic to everything.
Liza, Congrats on the loss. That is awesome!

Joni135
11-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Tuesday - wow - a '74 Triumph! What a fun ride that must be. So just how large is your "largish" glass of vino??

Liza - I think your PJ idea is great! Sweet that you are opening your home to friends...what a special Thanksgiving I'm sure you all will have.

Kim033 - sorry to hear about all your aches and pains. Hope you are doing better!

Dan - wait a minute...you said "work sucks." I thought you loved your job? Did you just have a bad day.

Cecil - congrats on such a huge loss.

Carrie - congrats on leaving the 80s behind! My b'day is Dec 22 and it's the big 50 this year. Egads. I feel like I just graduated high school! I think my GPS is the Garmin 650 or 680 or something like that. DH is a big time "geo-cacher" and has had two or three handheld GPS' and has the navi system in his car (sweet, but expensive!). He's "Garmin" all the way. My GPS-to-be is portable with a 4.3" screen because, like I said, I'm turning 50 and the eyesight is going fast!

Amy - I'm getting 0 exercize in. I just haven't been motivated for one reason or another. I seem to have this problem lately too. I did manage to get up a couple days last week and get on my treadmill at home to watch some back episodes of Desperate Housewives. Boy, I need something to get me going back to the gym on a regular basis. I pay a monthly fee for my membership. What a waste if I don't go!.

Nicole - done painting yet? Bathrooms are a pain to paint. I did mine once and it took forever and I didn't like the end result. Two years later I paid someone to paint it a nice boring golden beige and I love it! I'm doing some home renovations myself, but since DH is useless in all things relative to home improvement, I've hired someone to do the labor stuff. Install new ceiling fan, chandelier, foyer light, back door, doggie door and shower door. Unfortunately, I'm having a real hard time picking out the new chandelier/fixture for the dining room. Our house is sort of "transitional" style and I made the mistake of going to look for the fixture with DH. Suffice it to say we need that guy from "Designing for the Sexes" since we don't agree on anything. When we finally found one we both liked it was about three times my budget, so I'm trying to find someone to give me a deal on the fixture. To all of you with impecable design and decorating taste, I applaud you. I'm pretty bad at that stuff, which I guess is a good thing because I'd probably go broke decorating if I actually knew what I was going.

Okay - gotta go finish reading my Sunday paper....where did the weekend go?

Dan2112
11-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Hey losers!!
Way to go Liza, Cecil, Carrie and Emily!!! Keep up the good work..

And Tuesday... Keep it up.. All these days being POP will pay off.. In many ways, in fact..

We had a good weekend and were pretty much POP... My only diviance was today while doing a test run for some pate a choux I'm making for our annual Christmas party in a couple weeks... Pate a Choux is like a small eclair, filled with sweet stuff and topped with chocolate...

I saw Alton Brown make these on "Good Eats" the other night and just had to try them...

Now, before you gasp, I made it with splenda... Yes, I used real butter but not that much and when you figure you're only eating one, it's not that bad, especially since it's filled with just a little FF pudding or cool whip...

Anyway, they came out REALLY good.. So Liz is taking the batch to the office tomorrow so we're not tempted.. I also made a batch of low sodium beef jerky using lite salt and LS soy sauce.. So while it's not REALLY low, it's at least lower than it would be using the regular recipe... I make mine really hot, so I don't need all the salt anyway..

Hope you all have a great week!!!

bayoubelle68
11-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Happy Monday, everyone! I'll be working at our old house today to get the rest of our stuff out so we can put the house on the market! A great way to spend my Thanksgiving break!

I'm also doing TO today and tomorrow. Thought I would get as many pounds off as possible before Thanksgiving Day! I know that I'm going to indulge a bit. But I also know that it won't be as bad as it usually is since I have to weigh in on Saturday! I'm making most of the sides, so I'm using low-fat, low-sodium ingredients. Still, broccoli cheese casserole and spinach madeline can only be adjusted so much before they turn to crap! I am also bringing broccoli slaw (which will likely be my saving grace!), honey-glazed carrots, pecan pie, pumpkin cheesecake, and - best of all - the rolls. Our school cafeteria ladies actually sold those yummy school rolls (frozen) as a fundraiser! They were only $3 a dozen. My big brother is so excited about those rolls! My mom and dad are cooking the turkey and dressing (Daddy's dressing is FAMOUS!), English peas, black cherry salad, and sweet potato pie (Mom uses my great-great grandmother's recipe and it's to die for!). My brother and SIL are bringing devilled eggs, hot potato salad, and a spiral ham. Now mind you, all of this food is for 10 people! The good news is that I can come home and leave it all there! We usually bring so much food home with us that we can have Thanksgiving for 3 or 4 more days! I will be very selective about what I bring home this year.

Nighttime potty training was going really well for my DD. We started just wearing regular panties to bed a little over a week ago and she hadn't had any accidents. Then last night, for some odd reason, she fell asleep on the couch at 6:30! She is such a night owl! I hope she's not coming down with something. Maybe it's just a growth spurt. Anyway, we put her to bed at 7:30 and she came to my room at 12:30 to tell me that she had wet the bed. ("Mommy, I tee-teed in my bed and it's all wet like a great big swimming pool!") I got up to change her and the sheets and she went back to bed. I hope this doesn't set her back! She's been doing so well!

Okay - time to mix up some of that nasty TO juice and start my day!

healthy2b
11-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Hey Everybody! Hope your all having a great Monday!

Dan - the Pate A Choux sounds great, and you and Liz have great will power sending them to work!

Kim3-hope the dr's appointment went well and you are feeling better.

Joni - I know what you mean about the eye site thing....I'm growing more blind by the second it seems. I'm not good at decorating either....I have a friend that does a fantastic job and is so creative. I wish I had just a tenth of her creativeness and I would be happy.

Felicia- night time potty training....oooohhhhh I remember those days....but you know my girls were sooooo much easier than my son! I'm sure your DD's accident won't set her back, she was just probably exhausted. All of my girls were completely potty trained by the time they were 2yo but when my son was 2 and a half and no way near being ready to be potty trained I asked the doctor if something could be wrong. He actually laughed at me and said I was too use to having girls! He said that little boys actually don't have control of their spinctor muscle to be able to be potty trained until much later than little girls so not to worry and he would eventually be ready....and he was it just took about a year longer since he was more interested in other things than being potty trained. Having three girls before him made him quite the experience in many different ways but he was and still is so much fun, not that the girls aren't but in such different ways!

I finally made it to the COD this morning and there was a new girl and she about drove me crazy!:) She was trying to sell me everything in site! She kept saying she thought I should have the LA snacks to keep me from eating too much for Thanksgiving....doesn't she know that I would just eat the snacks and the Thanksgiving food too!!!:) I have no will power but I'm sure going to try hard.